1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

udscbt
Cardinal

Re: 1190: "Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby udscbt » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:02 pm UTC

Just skipped the last 10 newpages, has anyone ţhought about a way to posţ the frames (other than re-hosting them)?
And who is attacking the casţle??? I don't think it's Megan since Cueball seems startled by that.
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

k.bookbinder

Re: 1190: "Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:03 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
bouer wrote:I just caught up again, we be nearly as insane as the religion section a while ago.

I bet we see another projectile in 1/12 newpix.

Sigh. Thou Shalt not subdivide newpix. It do be commandment #X-32+Y.

I shall explain: Each frame of Time is 1 Time Frame. It is a static moment in Time. The time between two Time Frames is measured as 1 Newpix (NP). One can was, "I stepped away for 1/2 a NP and suddenly we have a religion?" and mean that they were gone for approximately half the time it would take to transition from 1 Time Frame to a new Time Frame, which would be 1 NP. However, if the Time Frame changes, regardless of how much time has passed in the Outside world (outside of Time), then it's still 1NP. There is no exact direct correlation between the passage of Time (or time in Time) and standard measurements of time in the Outside world.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:03 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:Just skipped the last 10 newpages, has anyone ţhought about a way to posţ the frames (other than re-hosting them)?
And who be attacking the casţle??? I don't reckon it be Megan since Cueball seems startled by that.

Everyone's been waiting for Black Hat Guy to show up. Maybe now?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

bouer

Postby bouer » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:03 pm UTC

I think both this forum and the comic are about not taking yourself to seriously.

Stealth Beige

Postby Stealth Beige » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:03 pm UTC

Now he needs to build a sa.nd cannon. STAT.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

Ecalchot wrote:My bad, didn't read the announcements, reckon-did this forum got hacked or something :mrgreen:
....define "hacked".... :D
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

gardn

Postby gardn » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:Just skipped the last 10 newpages, has anyone ţhought about a way to posţ the frames (other than re-hosting them)?
And who be attacking the casţle??? I don't reckon it be Megan since Cueball seems startled by that.

Megan is not observed, so she is under suspicion anyway!

Envelope Generator

Postby Envelope Generator » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:I shall explain: Each frame of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! be 1 Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame. It be a static moment in Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!. The Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! between two Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frames be measured as 1 Newpix (NP). One tin be-did, "I stepped away for 1/2 a NP and suddenly we have a religion?" and mean that they be-did go-done for approximately half the Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! it woll-did take to transition from 1 Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame to a new Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame, which woll-did be 1 NP. However, if the Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame changes, regardless of how much Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! has passed in the Outside world (outside of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!), then it be still 1NP. There be no exact direct correlation between the passage of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! (or Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! in Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!) and standard measurements of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! in the Outside world.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
I'm going to step off the LEM now... here we are, Pismo Beach and all the clams we can eat

eSOANEM wrote:If Fonzie's on the order of 100 zeptokelvin, I think he has bigger problems than difracting through doors.

Mr Moriaty

Postby Mr Moriaty » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

He looks so sad.... There will be blood.
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

Hope the wiki can take the strain...

Now it's Cueball's turn to look sad

David1618

Postby David1618 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
bouer wrote:I just caught up again, we be nearly as insane as the religion section a while ago.

I shall explain: Each frame of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! be 1 Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame. It be a static moment in Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!. The Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! between two Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frames be measured as 1 Newpix (NP)‽ One tin be-did, "I stepped away for 1/2 a NP and suddenly we have a religion?" and mean that they be-did go-done for approximately half the Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! it woll-did take to transition from 1 Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame to a new Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame, which woll-did be 1 NP. However, if the Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame changes, regardless of how much Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! has passed in the Outside world (outside of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!), then it be still 1NP. There be no exact direct correlation between the passage of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! (or Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! in Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!) and standard measurements of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! in the Outside world.

All is now clear as mud.

Kyrie

Re: 1190: "Things that are_ on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby Kyrie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:05 pm UTC

So.. hwæt translate to Star Date?
hwæt be this weird font that seem unaffected?
#X-32+Y. ??? WTFBBQ?

azule
Saved

Re: 1190: "Timie Wimey"

Postby azule » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:05 pm UTC

[past-azule]

Still stuck in the fucking past! Looks like the forums have started to fılter just to fuck with this threªd. It ıs making it really hard to catch up and still enjoy this comic (but really, this forum's posts). Maybe the creator ıs jealous of the enjoyment we ªre getting, basically, without his "precious". *shrug* Maybe admin/mods just hate us, well, future yous. Whªt the fuck you guys do? LOL! Maybe none of this ıs related.

Yeah, considering not even continuing from this point on [@ frame 177; posting 1080]. Sucking the joy out of things should be the job of trolls and off-topic ranters, not officials. *sigh*

Tıme wıll tell.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:05 pm UTC

Newpixians (used as a geographical term not a religious term) I beg you to stay strong in these t_imes of true insanity,
i have added a new page to the wiki with a list of kn_own words.
http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/The_Madness#List_of_discovered_translations
don't let the outsiders change the conversation to other than our true mission in this brave new world.
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:05 pm UTC

azule wrote:[past-azule]

Still stuck in the fucking past! Looks like the forums have started to fılter just to fuck with this threªd. It ıs making it really hard to catch up and still enjoy this comic (but really, this forum's posts)‽ Maybe the creator ıs jealous of the enjoyment we ªre getting, basically, without his "precious"‽ *shrug* Maybe admin/mods just hate us, well, future yous. Whªt the fuck you guys do? LOL! Maybe none of this ıs related.

Yeah, considering not even continuing from this point on [@ frame 177; posting 1080]‽ Sucking the joy out of things should be the job of trolls and off-topic ranters, not officials. *sigh*

Tıme wıll tell.

Announcements

Do you read them?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:06 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:I shall explain: Each frame of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! be 1 Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame. It be a static moment in Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!. The Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! between two Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frames be measured as 1 Newpix (NP)‽ One tin be-did, "I stepped away for 1/2 a NP and suddenly we have a religion?" and mean that they be-did go-done for approximately half the Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! it woll-did take to transition from 1 Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame to a new Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame, which woll-did be 1 NP. However, if the Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! Frame changes, regardless of how much Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! has passed in the Outside world (outside of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!), then it be still 1NP. There be no exact direct correlation between the passage of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! (or Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! in Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!) and standard measurements of Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! in the Outside world.

The way this has been corrected... awesome!
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

edo

Postby edo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:06 pm UTC

Tre-bu-chet! Tre-bu-chet! Tre-bu-chet!

Ancient Text ג:
Spoiler:
A voice cries out from the needle-pulled thing, “MAKE STRAIGHT THE PATH FOR THE ONE WHO IS TO COME; MAKE YOUR QUOTES WELL TRIMMED AND YOUR POSTS BE CONCISE; FOR CERTAINLY IT BE FUNNY WHEN THE QUOTES BE DEEP; BUT HER TASK IS HARD ENOUGH ALREADY, SO PLEASE, NO MORE BIG ASS POSTS.”
Last edited by edo on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:37 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

Srt252

Postby Srt252 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:06 pm UTC

Is-this-a-new-period? Are-we-gonna-speculate-on-when/if-Megan-will-return-again?

Goggalor

Postby Goggalor » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:06 pm UTC

peewee_RotA wrote:I challenge the admins to figure out a way to make this thr.ead not be affected by the timewarp. I bet they ca.n't do it!

I challenge the mods to make this thread be even more affected than all the other threads!
Keeper Of The Bags, Protector Of Puns
A Timewaiter from the very beginning to the bitter end.1
1but not from beginning to end to beginning since I'm not a loopist

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:07 pm UTC

Goggalor wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:I challenge the admins to figure out a way to make this thr.ead not be affected by the timewarp. I bet they ca.n't do it!

I challenge the mods to make this small sequence of programmed instructions be even more affected than all the other threads!

I don't think I can do that.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:07 pm UTC

David1618 wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
Dracomax wrote:

I shall explain: Each frame of Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! be 1 Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! Frame. It be a static moment in Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!‽ The Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! between two Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! Frames be measured as 1 Newpix (NP)‽ One tin be-did, "I stepped away for 1/2 a NP and suddenly we have a religion?" and mean that they be-did go-done for approximately half the Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! it woll-did take to transition from 1 Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! Frame to a new Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! Frame, which woll-did be 1 NP. However, if the Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! Frame changes, regardless of how much Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! has passed in the Outside world (outside of Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!), then it be still 1NP. There be no exact direct correlation between the passage of Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! (or Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! in Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!) and standard measurements of Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! in the Outside world.

All be now clear as mud.

Just replace "time" with the word T-I-M-E. Do try and keep up :D
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

bouer

Postby bouer » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

If you look at the trajectory of the projectile, whoever or whatever threw it must be very close to the left frame.

The Owl

Postby The Owl » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

maqist wrote:Sleep deprivation combined with the decline of the English wordy-writey-meaning-conveying-wibbly-wobbly stuff in this forum be taking its toll, and so I reckon now may-did be a good Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! to bow out and get on with the rest of my life (for a day or two at least)‽

Before I go I just wanted to thank everyone who has helped make the past week so enjoyable. It has be-done a pleasure lurking with you guys / you people / y'all ?

Diolch i chi, a nos da

Hang on, whut? A Welsh speaker in a timezone where it's night? Unless this is another example of the madness and there's a welsh-speaking mod around?

belliott4488

Postby belliott4488 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

Do the mods get tired of having to read so many posts when a thread goes crazy like this one? I wonder if they mess with us as a gentle way to discourage endless conversations about nonsense. :?: :roll:

manvandmaan
The Period Guy

Postby manvandmaan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

SOMEBODY PLEASE STOP THIS THREAD!
I WANT TO GET OFF!
Congratz BlitzGirl BlitzRandir!
Godspeed to all the OTT travelers! I am one of you now!

- Former (Never was) Grand Mason of the now abolished SandMasons (which off course never existed)
- The Croissant Man (or Period Guy, whatevs)

Dictator

Postby Dictator » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:09 pm UTC

LEGEND:

I-S: is
I-T-'-S: it's
A-R-E: are
B-E-E-N: been
W-I-L-L: will
W-A-S: was
W-H-A-T: what
W-O-U-L-D: would
T-I-M-E: time
C-A-N: can
C-A-N-'-T: can't
C-A-N-N-O-T: cannot
T-H-R-E-A-D: thread
S-P-A-M: spam
L-A-N-G-U-A-G-E: language
B-E-T-T-E-R: better
W-O-R-S-E: worse
S-A-I-D: said
K_N_O_W: K-N-O-W: know
P-O-S-T: post
T-H-O-U-G-H-T: thought
S-A-N-D: sand

peewee_RotA

Postby peewee_RotA » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:09 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:

Learn the metric measurments. That would be 1.66 metric grains

(Or 1.33 standard grains)

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Newpix
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/

TessC

Postby TessC » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:09 pm UTC

azule wrote:[past-azule]

Still stuck in the fucking past! Looks like the forums have started to fılter just to fuck with this threªd. It ıs making it really hard to catch up and still enjoy this comic (but really, this forum's posts)‽ Maybe the creator ıs jealous of the enjoyment we ªre getting, basically, without his "precious"‽ *shrug* Maybe admin/mods just hate us, well, future yous. Whªt the fuck you guys do? LOL! Maybe none of this ıs related.

Yeah, considering not even continuing from this point on [@ frame 177; posting 1080]‽ Sucking the joy out of things should be the job of trolls and off-topic ranters, not officials. *sigh*

Tıme wıll tell.

Chillax. There's more than one way to have joy. This too is one of them.
They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. -- Andy Warhol

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:10 pm UTC

The Owl wrote:
maqist wrote:Sleep deprivation combined with the decline of the English wordy-writey-meaning-conveying-wibbly-wobbly stuff in this forum be taking its toll, and so I reckon now may-did be a good Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! to bow out and get on with the rest of my life (for a day or two at least)‽

Before I go I just wanted to thank everyone who has helped make the past week so enjoyable. It has be-done a pleasure lurking with you guys / you people / y'all ?

Diolch i chi, a nos da

Hang on, whut? A Welsh speaker in a timezone where it be night? Unless this be another example of the RECKONING and there be a welsh-speaking mod around?
I don't recall any of the mods being able to Welsh.

While I may be mistaken, that is no filter. That person's Welshier than Welshy. And he was Welsh.

belliott4488 wrote:Do the mods get tired of having to read so many posts when a small sequence of programmed instructions goes crazy like this one? I wonder if they mess with us as a gentle way to discourage endless conversations about nonsense. :?: :roll:
I don't.

Dictator wrote:LEGEND:

I-S: be
I-T-'-S: it be
A-R-E: be
B-E-E-N: be-done
W-I-L-L: woll
W-A-S: be-did
W-H-A-T: hwæt
W-O-U-L-D: woll-did
T-I-M-E: Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!
C-A-N: tin
C-A-N-'-T: tin't
C-A-N-N-O-T: tinnot
T-H-R-E-A-D: small sequence of programmed instructions
S-P-A-M: an entirely legitimate stake by someone who didn't read the rules
L-A-N-G-U-A-G-E: wordy-writey-meaning-conveying-wibbly-wobbly stuff
B-E-T-T-E-R: gooder
W-O-R-S-E: badder
S-A-I-D: say-did
K_N_O_W: k-e-n: ken
P-O-S-T: stake
T-H-O-U-G-H-T: reckon-did
S-A-N-D: Magic

Join FaiD. Read the Spreadsheet. They're already miles ahead of you.

Montov

Postby Montov » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:10 pm UTC

Srt252 wrote:Is-this-a-new-period? Are-we-gonna-speculate-on-when/if-Megan-will-return-again?

Megan will bed replace by a younger woman to attract more young viewers. This to satisfy the sponsors.
Or she will be back to punish Cueball for his recurring destructions.

beargarden
Cardinal

Postby beargarden » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:10 pm UTC

Dictator wrote:LEGEND:

I-S: be
I-T-'-S: it be
A-R-E: be
B-E-E-N: be-done
W-I-L-L: woll
W-A-S: be-did
W-H-A-T: hwæt
W-O-U-L-D: woll-did
T-I-M-E: Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!
C-A-N: tin
C-A-N-'-T: tin't
C-A-N-N-O-T: tinnot
T-H-R-E-A-D: small sequence of programmed instructions
S-P-A-M: an entirely legitimate stake by someone who didn't read the rules
L-A-N-G-U-A-G-E: wordy-writey-meaning-conveying-wibbly-wobbly stuff
B-E-T-T-E-R: gooder
W-O-R-S-E: badder
S-A-I-D: say-did
K_N_O_W: k-e-n: ken
P-O-S-T: stake
T-H-O-U-G-H-T: reckon-did
S-A-N-D: Magic

M a n and w o m a n are now werman and wyfman, too.

The Bus

Postby The Bus » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:11 pm UTC

Four more years! (Of 1190)

David1618

Postby David1618 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:11 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
David1618 wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
Dracomax wrote:

I shall explain: Each frame of Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! be 1 Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! Frame. It be a static moment in Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!‽ The Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! between two Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! Frames be measured as 1 Newpix (NP)‽ One tin be-did, "I stepped away for 1/2 a NP and suddenly we have a religion?" and mean that they be-did go-done for approximately half the Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! it woll-did take to transition from 1 Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! Frame to a new Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! Frame, which woll-did be 1 NP. However, if the Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! Frame changes, regardless of how much Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! has passed in the Outside world (outside of Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!), then it be still 1NP. There be no exact direct correlation between the passage of Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! (or Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! in Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!) and standard measurements of Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! in the Outside world.

All be now clear as mud.

Just replace "Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!" with the word T-I-M-E. Do try and keep up :D

I know haha, I was just remarking about the beautiful work done on the post by the gods' noble efforts.

gumbo

Postby gumbo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:11 pm UTC

I seem to have gotten some wordy-writey-meaning-conveying-wibbly-wobbly gunk stuck in my head the wrong way, and I'm not sure if I can communicate with your religion any longer. I'll just sit here banging on my head until things clear up.

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:12 pm UTC

So-maybe-this-madness-will-finally-make-me-stop-reading-this-thread-and-wasting-my-time. Although-it-has-no-effect-yet.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

dreiarmumig

Postby dreiarmumig » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:13 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Join FaDe. Read the Spreadsheet. they be already miles ahead of you.

W­hat's FaDe?
Also, lol @ S-econd now being Sexy.

Scott Auld

Postby Scott Auld » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:13 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:Okay, I come back after another 30 or so newpix, and discover that somewhere along the line, people have invented some sort of 1981-esque newspeak, and be mystified, confused, shocked, appalled, and somewhat intrigued by the evolution of the new "Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!" society.

This morning I installed a Chrome extension that slowly immerses you in a new l_angu_age_ by replacing random words with words from one you want to learn.

Then I came here this morning to get caught up and the entire lingo of this t_hread seems to have gone haywire.

I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why the extension went bonkers, until thankfully I saw your p_o_s_t confirming that no, it's not the browser, it's the people! The Mods Must Be Crazy! ;)

Oy.

defineadult

Postby defineadult » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:13 pm UTC

I'm increasingly sure that things do not advance unless Megan is present in the frame. When she is not, things do not advance beyond her last appearance: at most they change somewhat (or move backwards, then advance to something similar to her departure state).

Also, did The Object change size at all during the two frames it was visible? If so, it may be coming from an angle, rather than directly to one side.

manvandmaan
The Period Guy

Postby manvandmaan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:13 pm UTC

NoMouse wrote:So-maybe-this-madness-will-finally-make-me-stop-reading-this-thread-and-wasting-my-time. Although-it-has-no-effect-yet.

I-was-hoping-the-same-thing, but-so-far-no-luck :(
Will-we-ever-be-free-again?
Congratz BlitzGirl BlitzRandir!
Godspeed to all the OTT travelers! I am one of you now!

- Former (Never was) Grand Mason of the now abolished SandMasons (which off course never existed)
- The Croissant Man (or Period Guy, whatevs)

robxlii

Postby robxlii » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:13 pm UTC

¿Alguien ha intentado utilizar un idioma extranjero? Español, quizas?

Vielleicht deutsch?

Beth am y Gymraeg? Does dim ffordd y maent wedi borked yr iaith Gymraeg, a oes?
"My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that they are right." - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”