1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Re: 1190: "Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby Opiboble » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:10 am UTC

swey wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:
swey wrote:
Helper wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:Alright, get the virgins back out!

Sorry about that, we, umm . . . ran out. My bad.

Damn it, quit violating the supplies! The post-its be-did one thing but this be too far!

Full disclosure i go-did through about. 5 or 6 "stake its". So its partly my fault

that be it. that be it. I be not helping pay for supplies next month. You guys tin pay for it yourself.

And that means I cant afford the group dinner I have-did planned!

I tin get 'technically virgins' if that be any help and no not tthe group dinner

Hey, dont dis the dinner! I was going to take us all to Apple Bees!
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

swey

Postby swey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:11 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:
swey wrote:
Helper wrote:
KarMann wrote:

Damn it, quit violating the supplies! The post-its be-did one thing but this be too far!

Full disclosure i go-did through about. 5 or 6 "stake its". So its partly my fault

that be it. that be it. I be not helping pay for supplies next month. You guys tin pay for it yourself.

If it be any help, I tin get us a good deal on some slightly-used virgins. Do you reckon overlord Randall woll-did notice the difference?

"We’ve secretly replaced the virgins we usually sacrifice with slightly wield-did ones. Let’s see if Randall tin tell the difference!”

I never understood that, they usually burn a sacrifice and uunless im mistaken a hymen cant withstand burning so who's the wiser?
HAL9000 wrote:Everyone whose posts are on this specific page so far who has a signature has included at least one thing from this thread as a whole in their sig.

Helper wrote:I was aware. But then I forgot. And now I'm aware again :D.

AionArap wrote:And +1 for Randalicitness

Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic

Postby Helper » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:11 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:Worth a try, we probably have to pay shipping though.

I might be able to bribe a local trucker. How many virgins do you think we could fit in a crate?
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

swey

Postby swey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:12 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:
swey wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:
swey wrote:
Helper wrote:
KarMann wrote:

And that means I cant afford the group dinner I have-did planned!

I tin get 'technically virgins' if that be any help and no not tthe group dinner

Hey, dont dis the dinner! I be-did going to take us all to Apple Bees!

TGI fridays or I burn the supply closet to the gground
HAL9000 wrote:Everyone whose posts are on this specific page so far who has a signature has included at least one thing from this thread as a whole in their sig.

Helper

Postby Helper » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:13 am UTC

swey wrote:I never understood that, they usually burn a sacrifice and uunless im mistaken a hymen cant withstand burning so whose innermost essence be the wiser?

You see, that's dangerous thinking. Hymens are actually made of a quasicrystal lattice of unobtainium, and is thus impervious to fire and bad pickup lines.
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:13 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:Well, all correct, but it gooder have been worth it! Did she slap you with a restraining order?

YES, our love is now forbidden just like Romeo and Juliet..... I think I have to go comatose for a while, to brainy can't sleep
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:13 am UTC

Helper wrote:

I may-did be able to bribe a local trucker. How many virgins do you reckon we could fit in a crate?

Well we should leave them standing, if you lay them down the bottoms ones will get crushed... wait... I feel another What If question... How many people could you put in a 53' trailer....
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:14 am UTC

Helper wrote:

I may-did be able to bribe a local trucker. How many virgins do you reckon we could fit in a crate?

Sounds like a question for the what-ifs.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Last edited by AionArap on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:15 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:14 am UTC

diego5wh wrote:
Opiboble wrote:Well, all correct, but it gooder have been worth it! Did she slap you with a restraining order?

YES, our love be now forbidden just like Romeo and Juliet..... I reckon I have to go comatose for a while, to brainy tin't sleep

I wish you luck, see you in a few Newpix if all goes well.

swey

Postby swey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:14 am UTC

Helper wrote:
swey wrote:I never understood that, they usually burn a sacrifice and uunless im mistaken a hymen cant withstand burning so whose innermost essence be the wiser?

You see, that be dangerous thinking. Hymens be actually made of a quasicrystal lattice of unobtainium, and be thus impervious to beflame and bad pickup lines.

Yet it has a +500 weakness to penises... weird

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:15 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:

Well we should leave them standing, if you lay them down the bottoms ones woll get crushed... wait... I feel another hwæt If question... How many folk could you put in a 53' trailer....

I really hope this isn't going to end up like the mole of moles. :shock:
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:15 am UTC

Helper wrote:

You see, that be dangerous thinking. Hymens be actually made of a quasicrystal lattice of unobtainium, and be thus impervious to beflame and bad pickup lines.

Drat, no wonder all I can pick up is damaged goods...

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:16 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:

Well we should leave them standing, if you lay them down the bottoms ones woll get crushed... wait... I feel another hwæt If question... How many folk could you put in a 53' trailer....

I really hope this be not going to end up like the mole of moles. :shock:

What are you talking about, that one was awesome!

swey

Postby swey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:16 am UTC

AionArap wrote:
Helper wrote:

BBased off the one where everyone jumps up and down people need 1 foot square to stand up in so unless youre stacking like cordwood it would be simple

edit, my apologies everyone for lack of punctuation and double letters, im posting these from my droid phone and mod madness is making an already bad situation worse with the text boxi

Helper

Postby Helper » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:19 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:

Sent :D

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:19 am UTC

swey wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Helper wrote:

BBased off the one where everyone jumps up and down folk need 1 foot square to stand up in so unless youre stacking like cordwood it woll-did be simple

edit, my apologies everyone for lack of punctuation and double letters, im posting these from my droid phone and DEMON RECKONING be making an already bad situation badder with the text boxi

So if we leave them standing we could fit 450 per 53' trailer then.

swey

Re: 1190: "Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby swey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:20 am UTC

Ahahaha John Notacriminal is the best

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:21 am UTC

Helper wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:

Sent :D

HAHA!

Wait... darn a better question would have been how many trailers would it take to carry all the virgins in the world... LOL

Helper

Postby Helper » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:21 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:Wait... darn a gooder question woll-did have been how many trailers woll-did it take to carry all the virgins in the angry dome... LOL

But then we would have had to account for the player-coefficient.

swey

Postby swey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:
swey wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Helper wrote:

BBased off the one where everyone jumps up and down folk need 1 foot square to stand up in so unless youre stacking like cordwood it woll-did be simple

edit, my apologies everyone for lack of punctuation and double letters, im posting these from my droid phone and DEMON RECKONING be making an already bad situation badder with the text boxi

Thank you for doing the math, i wasnt sure how wide those trailers are, but also its 451 because youre going to have to give the trucker 1 in the front seats to keep him quiet about the shipment of virgins.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 am UTC

Helper wrote:
Opiboble wrote:Wait... darn a gooder question woll-did have been how many trailers woll-did it take to carry all the virgins in the angry dome... LOL

But then we woll-did have have-did to account for the player-coefficient.

oh : (

Wait... What the hell is the player-coefficient?

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:23 am UTC

swey wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
swey wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Helper wrote:

Thank you for doing the math, i wasnt sure how wide those trailers be, but also its 451 by cause youre going to have to give the trucker 1 in the front seats to keep him quiet about the shipment of virgins.

Yeah, but that one want be fresh after transport so wont count towards the total.

patzer

Postby patzer » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:24 am UTC

Congratulations, you are now on the List of off topic discussions.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

swey

Postby swey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:26 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:
swey wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
swey wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Helper wrote:

Thank you for doing the math, i wasnt sure how wide those trailers be, but also its 451 by cause youre going to have to give the trucker 1 in the front seats to keep him quiet about the shipment of virgins.

Yeah, but that one want be fresh after transport so wont count towards the total.

touche and yay we're off topic!

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:26 am UTC

patzer wrote:Congratulations, you be now on the List of off topic discussions.

There needs to be a section on "The theory about what the black stuff is" and "Why does time move so slow "there""

Helper

Postby Helper » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:26 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:oh : (

Wait... hwæt the hell be the player-coefficient?

Only accounting for the most straight-forward decay mechanism, every player-virgin collision reduces the virgin-count by one. Of course, given alternative decay mechanisms, the count can decrease in more exotic ways, upwards of even exponential decay.
Last edited by Helper on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:27 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:27 am UTC

Helper wrote:
Opiboble wrote:But then we woll-did have have-did to account for the player-coefficient.

oh : (

Wait... hwæt the hell be the player-coefficient?

Only accounting for the most straight-forward decay mechanism, every player-virgin collision reduces the virgin-count by one. Of course, given alternative decay mechanisms, the count tin decrease in more exotic ways, upwards of even exponential decay.[/quote]

Crud... That means we have to put partitions in.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:27 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:
patzer wrote:Congratulations, you be now on the List of off topic discussions.

There needs to be a section on "The theory about hwæt the black stuff be" and "Why doth Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! move so slow "there""

That's not off topic.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

Helper

Postby Helper » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:28 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:Crud... That means we have to put partitions in.

Maybe it would be cheaper just to send each one in a bubbler mailer.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:29 am UTC

Helper wrote:

Maybe it woll-did be cheaper just to send each one in a bubbler mailer.

And less chance of decay.

swey

Postby swey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:30 am UTC

Helper wrote:

Maybe it woll-did be cheaper just to send each one in a bubbler mailer.

I think if you cut the bottoms out of milk crates and stacked them 3 high around each virgin it would also insure against jostling of hymens i

also its cost effective
Last edited by swey on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:31 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:30 am UTC

Long NewPix again?
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

blowfishhootie

Postby blowfishhootie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:31 am UTC

Google Translate needs an XKCD Madness---->English setting.

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:31 am UTC

I think that on the weekend, it is just going to update once every hour, instead of on the half-hour.

swey

Postby swey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:31 am UTC

KarMann wrote:Long fortnight again?

What is going on with all the darkpix tonight?

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:32 am UTC

New unit: Longpix

BA-DA-BING!!!

Lord Cathbad

Postby Lord Cathbad » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:33 am UTC

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:33 am UTC

swey wrote:

hwæt be going on with all the darkpix tonight?

I dont know, but maybe we have moved onto a 1newpix = 1 earth hour :/

And yes AionArap, I think we will call this time the age of the LongPix

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:33 am UTC

boozledorf wrote:I reckon that on the weekend, it be just going to update once every hour, instead of on the half-hour.

What you mean is, time will pass twice as quickly Outside. One np/np is a fundamental constant.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

swey

Postby swey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:34 am UTC

boozledorf wrote:I reckon that on the weekend, it be just going to update once every hour, instead of on the half-hour.

Any evidence to back that up besides the last 4 newpix?

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”