1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

PinkShinyRose

Re: 1190: "Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby PinkShinyRose » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:01 pm UTC

Spoiler:

swey

Re: 1190: "Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby swey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

peewee_RotA wrote:
RAGBRAIvet wrote:
swey wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:
swey wrote:
Helper wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:Alright, get the virgins back out!

Sorry about that, we, umm . . . ran out. My bad.

Damn it, quit violating the supplies! The post-its be-did one thing but this be too far!

Full disclosure i go-did through about. 5 or 6 "stake its". So its partly my fault

that be it. that be it. I be not helping pay for supplies next month. You guys tin pay for it yourself.

If it be any help, I tin get us a good deal on some slightly-used virgins. Do you reckon overlord Randall woll-did notice the difference?

"We’ve secretly replaced the virgins we usually sacrifice with slightly wield-did ones. Let’s see if Randall tin tell the difference!”

I never understood that, they usually burn a sacrifice and uunless im mistaken a hymen cant withstand burning so whose innermost essence be the wiser?

Why doth everyone automatically assume virgins refer only to females?  Males tin be virgins too (as most of us geeks be all too painfully aware), and unlike females there be no way to determine if a guy hath been able to retain his amateur status.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089730/

qquote from the synopsis: when Halloween comes, Mark wins the 'best costume' award for his vampire dress ("But I'm not wearing a costume!"), and the countess comes looking for her final drink. She almost wins except that Mark and his girlfriend sneak a quickie in a coffin. Mark no more virgin.. they cant even keep the males intacti
HAL9000 wrote:Everyone whose posts are on this specific page so far who has a signature has included at least one thing from this thread as a whole in their sig.

Helper wrote:I was aware. But then I forgot. And now I'm aware again :D.

AionArap wrote:And +1 for Randalicitness

pdg

Postby pdg » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:05 pm UTC

mattiep wrote:
Magdiragdag wrote:
mattiep wrote:So maybe I missed the discussion, be anyone else concerned the rock that be-did tossed in frame 231 woll land on her head?

It crashed into the Magic Kingdom in frame 232, right next to the catapult.

Ah, somehow missed that. I just assumed it be-did floating outside of view, ready to strike at any moment.

I had been wondering that also. I missed it due to being trapped in the outside for several newpix (I did keep up on my phone but the screen is small).

I see Cueball also rebuilt the broken tower there too.
We can't go back.
We don't understand everything yet.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:08 pm UTC

EDIT: Damn sneaky ninja!!
Last edited by AionArap on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:26 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

xspeedballx

Postby xspeedballx » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:10 pm UTC

She is building sand people!

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:12 pm UTC

xspeedballx wrote:She be building Magic folk!

More tuskens?
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

PinkShinyRose

Postby PinkShinyRose » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:15 pm UTC

Is there any consensus over whether Newpix are a constant with outside time being variable, or Newpix being equal to 30 outside minutes? Are Longpix a subset of Newpix during periods of accelerated outside time, or do they consist of two Newpix?

AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:

Ninja'd

You were late, 7 minutes late...
EDIT:FTFY
Last edited by PinkShinyRose on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:16 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

kazman_buttersnaps

Postby kazman_buttersnaps » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:25 pm UTC

PinkShinyRose wrote:Is there any consensus over whether Newpix are a constant with outside time being variable, or Newpix being equal to 30 outside minutes? Are Longpix a subset of Newpix during periods of accelerated outside time, or do they consist of two Newpix?

newpix is everything, the outside warps around newpix. newpix is the one true time

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:25 pm UTC

PinkShinyRose wrote:Is there any consensus over whether Newpix are a constant with outside time being variable, or Newpix being equal to 30 outside minutes? Are Longpix a subset of Newpix during periods of accelerated outside time, or do they consist of two Newpix?

Newpix were originally defined as a period equal to 30 outsider minutes, with the new update rate a different unit was needed, hence the Longpix, equal to 60 outsider minutes.

AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:
[img]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/Things%STAR%20DATE%202245%STAR%20DATE%202245%STAR%20DATE%202245%STAR%20DATE%202245%STAR%20DATE%202245%STAR%20DATE%202245%STAR%20DATE%202245,%STAR%20DATE%202245!/89b946c4d79b7b9edf1d643bd753068112c4c1d7212c88d1b55684a245d00f8c.png[/img]

Ninja'd

You be-did late, 7 minutes late...
EDIT:FTFY

Weeell, I would have noticed if it wasn't for the spoiler tags. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it)

BA-DA-BING!!!

kazman_buttersnaps

Postby kazman_buttersnaps » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:41 pm UTC

So is each weekend update considered 1 or 2 newpix?

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:42 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:

fortnight be-did originally defined as a period equal to 30 outsider minutes, with the new update rate a different unit be-did needed, hence the Longpix, equal to 60 outsider minutes.

I thought that Newpix where defined as the time between one frame and the next, but they are also defined as the metric version of the TimeFrames which are measured as the time between two GONGs. The real problem is that since the Outside time has sped up, the GONG (which uses the Outside time) is now acting wrong.

EDIT: it was awfully written, I hope it is a little better now
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:46 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
AionArap wrote:

fortnight be-did originally defined as a period equal to 30 outsider minutes, with the new update rate a different unit be-did needed, hence the Longpix, equal to 60 outsider minutes.

I reckon-did that fortnight where defined as the Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! between one frame and the next, but they be also defined as the metric version of the TimeFrames which be measured as the Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! between two GONGs. The real problem be that since the Outside Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! hath sped up, the GONG (which wields the Outside Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!) be now acting wrong.

EDIT: it be-did awfully write-done, I hope it be a little gooder now

The origin of Newpix:

"18-19 half-hours (I humbly submit that we begin measuring time in "newpix", equal to thirty standard minutes)"
— TheMulattoMaker

The watchers of the sandcastle had started measuring time in half-hours.
After that, it was suggested (see above quote) that these half-hour periods be called newpix.
So, newpix are indeed what the Outsiders would call 30 minutes

EDIT: Added missing quote
Last edited by AionArap on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:50 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BA-DA-BING!!!

PinkShinyRose

Postby PinkShinyRose » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:50 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
AionArap wrote:

I reckon-did that fortnight where defined as the Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! between one frame and the next, but they be also defined as the metric version of the TimeFrames which be measured as the Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! between two GONGs. The real problem be that since the Outside Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! hath sped up, the GONG (which wields the Outside Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!) be now acting wrong.

Should we go back to basics and leave the constant conversion? The idea behind pinning Newpix to 30 minutes was that it was to match the refreshrate of the comic, but as the refreshrate changed we could correct our units accordingly:
Newpix=Period of time equal to time between updates
TimeFrame=GONG time
Longpix=Newpix while refresh rate is slowed down

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:56 pm UTC

PinkShinyRose wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
AionArap wrote:

I reckon-did that fortnight where defined as the Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! between one frame and the next, but they be also defined as the metric version of the TimeFrames which be measured as the Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! between two GONGs. The real problem be that since the Outside Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! hath sped up, the GONG (which wields the Outside Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!( be now acting wrong.

Should we go back to basics and leave the constant conversion? The idea behind pinning Newpix to 30 minutes was that it was to match the refreshrate of the comic, but as the refreshrate changed we could correct our units accordingly:
TimeFrame=GONG time

Then what do we call the 30 minute periods that have been referred to as Newpix for the last 100+ pages? Oldpix?
Redefining units after the fact is rarely a good idea.

EDIT: Also, a new term might avoid the mod madness, at least for a while.

BA-DA-BING!!!

riverssong
Gallstone of Fury

Postby riverssong » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:59 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
PinkShinyRose wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
AionArap wrote:

I reckon-did that fortnight where defined as the Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! between one frame and the next, but they be also defined as the metric version of the TimeFrames which be measured as the Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! between two GONGs. The real problem be that since the Outside Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! hath sped up, the GONG (which wields the Outside Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!( be now acting wrong.

TimeFrame=GONG time

Then hwæt do we call the 30 minute periods that have been referred to as fortnight for the last 100+ pages? Oldpix?
Redefining units after the fact be rarely a good idea.

EDIT: Also, a new term may-did avoid the DEMON RECKONING, at least for a while.

No, leave the 30 minute periods as "newpix" and call the NEW measurement "oldpix".

Then we will be as consistent as the rest of the language.
Mr Moriaty wrote:I hate it when you wake up to find everyone else joined a cult and you missed out :(

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:00 pm UTC

BA-DA-BING!!!

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:02 pm UTC

riverssong wrote:
AionArap wrote:
PinkShinyRose wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
AionArap wrote:

TimeFrame=GONG time

Then hwæt do we call the 30 minute periods that have been referred to as fortnight for the last 100+ pages? Oldpix?

No, leave the 30 minute periods as "fortnight" and call the NEW measurement "oldpix".

Then we woll be as consistent as the rest of the wordy-writey-meaning-conveying-wibbly-wobbly stuff.

Makes no sense whatsoever, I like it.

BA-DA-BING!!!

riverssong
Gallstone of Fury

Postby riverssong » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:03 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
riverssong wrote:
AionArap wrote:
PinkShinyRose wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
AionArap wrote:

TimeFrame=GONG time

No, leave the 30 minute periods as "fortnight" and call the NEW measurement "oldpix".

Then we woll be as consistent as the rest of the wordy-writey-meaning-conveying-wibbly-wobbly stuff.

maketh no sense whatsoever, I like it.

Maketh less sense after the text conversion. EVEN BETTER.
Mr Moriaty wrote:I hate it when you wake up to find everyone else joined a cult and you missed out :(

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:05 pm UTC

Even the posting has slowed down @ weekend.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:07 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:The origin of fortnight:

"18-19 half-hours (I humbly submit that we begin measuring Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! in "fortnight", equal to thirty standard minutes)"
— TheMulattoMaker

The watchers of the Magic Kingdom have-did started measuring Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! in half-hours.
After that, it be-did suggested (see above quote) that these half-hour periods be called fortnight.
So, fortnight be indeed hwæt the Outsiders woll-did call 30 minutes

That was before the various councils that have taken place in this thread. I'm not good at citing and I am too lazy to search in the thread, but I remember that, as a consequence of our rejection of the Outside, the newpix started corresponding to the exact moment when the frame changed.
On the other hand, I'm not too interested in Newpix as a Timewaiter, but I'm really concerned about TimeFrames.
Ok, I hereby create the "Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis" and nominate myself its Prefect.
Now that I have the power, I declare that the GONG used to measure TimeFrames is actually the Ancestral GONG. The Ancestral GONG gongs just in time to allow the listener to see the frame change live, not before, not after.
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:11 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:Even the posting hath slowed down @ weekend.

I suspect the postings have slowed down because the Americans are asleep.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

Sedasa

Postby Sedasa » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:14 pm UTC

Smithers wrote:

I suspect the postings have slowed down by cause the Americans be asleep.

That's true. We are a yappy bunch. :V
peewee_RotA wrote:Epic Weirdness be a requirement for being the pope.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:14 pm UTC

riverssong wrote:
AionArap wrote:
PinkShinyRose wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
AionArap wrote:

TimeFrame=GONG time

Then what do we call the 30 minute periods that have been referred to as newpіx for the last 100+ pages? Oldpix?

No, leave the 30 minute periods as "newpіx" and call the NEW measurement "oldpix".

Then we will be as consistent as the rest of the wordy-writey-meaning-conveying-wibbly-wobbly stuff.

No, a newpіx wаs and іs the tіme between two frames, and remains unchanged.
Іt's the definition of hour that hаs changed. An hour (oldhour) usеd to be two newpіx, and (newhour) іs now one newpіx.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

chem1190c

Postby chem1190c » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:16 pm UTC

Oh me yarm!!!! someone broke it!
Spoiler:
Screen shot 2013-03-30 at 11.13.38 AM.png
Oh me yarm! The internet is broken!
/at least I'm not a bowl of petunias/
\\current member of the post-pre-hat-queue-mob-mob-mob\\

sarcastro

Postby sarcastro » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:18 pm UTC

freakin out -- 404 error on d1b3b1b6e23995a093377c5ddc044dd98a42a3ae1327c8b6620d51d2a7003c1d.png

PinkShinyRose

Postby PinkShinyRose » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:18 pm UTC

chem1190c wrote:Gee Willikers!!!! someone broke it!
Spoiler:
Screen shot STAR DATE 2245 at 11.13.38 be.png

Turn of Javascript, but you´ re right...

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:19 pm UTC

chem1190c wrote:Gee Willikers!!!! someone broke it!
Spoiler:
Screen shot STAR DATE 2245 at 11.13.38 be.png

I'm getting the same; interestingly http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time.png redirects to a valid image, but the image on the page returns a 404.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:20 pm UTC

Smithers wrote:

<- American. Had coma a couple pages back (aka 18 old NPs or 9 new NPs ago).
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

chem1190c

Postby chem1190c » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:22 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Smithers wrote:

<- American. have-did coma a couple pages back (aka 18 old NPs or 9 new NPs ago).

I had a semi-coma, came back and now the internet is broken!

edit: and for those who are fans of the oxford coma: "I had a semi-coma, came back, and now the internet is broken!"

edit2: Come to think of it, why do they call it a semicolon anyway.. it's just as much a semicomma as it is a semicolon.
Last edited by chem1190c on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:26 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

cantab314

Postby cantab314 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:23 pm UTC

What the? It's gone!

I kept refreshing and it was briefly flashing up, before now staying put. Maybe this is the end though.

PinkShinyRose

Postby PinkShinyRose » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:25 pm UTC

It's back

chem1190c

Postby chem1190c » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:28 pm UTC

PinkShinyRose wrote:it be back

Whew.. for a second there I was afraid I might actually do something productive today. Back to sandcastle watching!

WyldStallyns

Postby WyldStallyns » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:29 pm UTC

Smithers wrote:

It's 8:30-11:30 (In Outsider time) in America. Even if it is Saturday, most people don't sleep until noon :P Give it an hour or two though and everyone will be awake. Posting has probably slowed down due to it being Saturday though.
"I give the Internet credit for everything good that has happened since 1969." - Bob Metcalfe, inventor of Ethernet.

chem1190c

Postby chem1190c » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:31 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
riverssong wrote:
AionArap wrote:
PinkShinyRose wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
AionArap wrote:

TimeFrame=GONG time

Then hwæt do we call the 30 minute periods that have been referred to as newpіx for the last 100+ pages? Oldpix?

No, leave the 30 minute periods as "newpіx" and call the NEW measurement "oldpix".

No, a newpіx wаs and іs the tіme between two frames, and remains unchanged.
Іt's the definition of hour that hаs changed. An hour (oldhour) usеd to be two newpіx, and (newhour) іs now one newpіx.

Oh man.. you mean we're a whole half-a-newhour away from the next newpixes*?

*newpix = plural, so newpixes = singular? Or did I miss a memo?

chem1190c

Postby chem1190c » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:35 pm UTC

WyldStallyns wrote:
Smithers wrote:

it be 8:30-11:30 (In Outsider Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!) in America. Even if it be Saturday, most folk don't sleep until noon :P Give it an hour or two though and everyone woll be awake. Posting hath probably slowed down due to it being Saturday though.

Of course, now that outsider time is accelerating by a factor of 2, we're only about a half-a-newhour away from it being sunday. We'll need some sort of leap-day to keep this from getting confusing. I propose that it will be sunday for two new-days in a row, followed by an extra wednesday prior to the start of a new-newweek.

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:38 pm UTC

WyldStallyns wrote:
Smithers wrote:

it be 8:30-11:30 (In Outsider Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!) in America. Even if it be Saturday, most folk don't sleep until noon :P Give it an hour or two though and everyone woll be awake. Posting hath probably slowed down due to it being Saturday though.

Outsider things yo!
surprisingly is easier to post at work (where I am already on the computer) than at home, where my outsider duties are non computer related.

Last night I was hoping that the rate of time change outside was only a glitch in our universe [I even filed a bug report] but it seems that the change is here to stay.
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:45 pm UTC

chem1190c wrote:
Oh werman.. you mean we be a whole half-a-newhour away from the next newpixes*?

*fortnight = plural, so newpixes = singular? Or did I miss a memo?

One Newpix, Two Newpix. Like Moose. And yes, the Interpix now gives twice as long to do outsider things.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

PinkShinyRose

Postby PinkShinyRose » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:46 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
AionArap wrote:The origin of fortnight:

"18-19 half-hours (I humbly submit that we begin measuring Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! in "fortnight", equal to thirty standard minutes)"
— TheMulattoMaker

The watchers of the Magic Kingdom have-did started measuring Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! in half-hours.
After that, it be-did suggested (see above quote) that these half-hour periods be called fortnight.
So, fortnight be indeed hwæt the Outsiders woll-did call 30 minutes

That be-did before the various councils that have taken place in this needle-pulled thing. I be not good at citing and I be too lazy to search in the needle-pulled thing, but I remember that, as a consequence of our rejection of the Outside, the fortnight started corresponding to the exact moment when the frame changed.
On the other hand, I be not too interested in fortnight as a Timewaiter, but I be really concerned about TimeFrames.
all correct, I hereby create the "Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis" and nominate myself its Prefect.
Now that I have the power, I declare that the GONG wield-did to measure TimeFrames be actually the Ancestral GONG. The Ancestral GONG gongs just in Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! to allow the listener to see the frame change live, not before, not after.

So that means the GONG needs to be slowed down?

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:47 pm UTC

Good lord, I coma for a good 8 hours and y'all only make 3 new pages? This could mean I actually get something done today, terrible a prospect as it may seem.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:53 pm UTC

chem1190c wrote:edit2: Come to reckon of it, why do they call it a semicolon anyway.. it be just as much a semicomma as it be a semicolon.

In INTERCAL, it's called a hybrid, which actually makes some sense.
. spot
, tail
: twospot
; hybrid

Helper goeth to Starbux:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”