1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

udscbt
Cardinal

Re: 1190: "Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby udscbt » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:09 pm UTC

zebbedy pointed out in the IRC channel that the name used in the webcountdown.net setting for our loved tune is DONG, so it can be the official name.
EDIT: oh, he also created the Longpix DONG
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

HAL9000
Not Red

Re: 1190: "Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:13 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:zebbedy pointed out in the IRC channel that the name wield-did in the webcountdown.net setting for our loved tune be DONG, so it tin be the official name.

Speaking of this IRC channel...
I'm rather unfamiliar with IRC , so how do I get to the channel itself?
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

bouer

Postby bouer » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:15 pm UTC

Psycix wrote:
bouer wrote:I made a water level page on the wiki

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Water_level

Appriciate it, but I woll-did prefer the term liquid to be wield-did. We have no reason to fully reject caffeinated semen as the liquid.

EDIT:
This wiki page refers to the body of liquid. http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/The_body_of_liquid
It'd be more uniform if the waterlevel page be-did called liquid level.

Good point. I changed it in the article but I don't know how to change the title.
edit: since when is considering the possibily of a sea of caffeinated semen a "good point" :shock:

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:18 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
udscbt wrote:zebbedy pointed out in the IRC channel that the name wield-did in the webcountdown.net setting for our loved tune be DONG, so it tin be the official name.

I be rather unfamiliar with IRC , so how do I get to the channel itself?

Actually, I used IRC for the first time yesterday, so I understand you.
The chat is hosted on foonetic.net and the channel is #xkcd-time. You can either use a standalone client (I use http://xchat.org/) or a webclient (a Google search says http://en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=Foonetic).
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

Mr Moriaty

Postby Mr Moriaty » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:19 pm UTC

Perhaps she will add to more flags and open a theme park.
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:19 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

I be rather unfamiliar with IRC , so how do I get to the channel itself?

Actually, I wield-did IRC for the first Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! yesterday, so I understand you.
The chat be hosted on foonetic.net and the channel be #xkcd-time. You tin either wield a standalone client (I wield http://xchat.org/( or a webclient (a Google search sayeth http://en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=Foonetic(.

Thanks. Didn't know that you needed a separate client.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:21 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:Yes, coma-t.i.m.e for buffygirl. In the name of The One Comic, carry on. And Wait For It.
(and ratify me as a Cardinal)!

Cardinal Buffygirl it be. I so decree.

Added: You be a TimeWaiter, right? Not one of those heretical Initiates or Watchers*? I'd hate to have to rescind.

* No, buffygirl, not that kind of Watcher!

Thank you, I accept. I be now Timewatcher Cardinal Buffygirl. Yay me!

Oh my, major faux pas?
That may have cost you the election :P

Oh dear :oops: please see my Edit! My fingers were possessed, I am a Timewaiter! Timewaiter Cardinal Buffygirl. *nod nods to herself*

PinkShinyRose

Postby PinkShinyRose » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:24 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
Spoiler:
swey wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:
swey wrote:
Helper wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:Alright, get the virgins back out!

Sorry about that, we, umm . . . ran out. My bad.

Damn it, quit violating the supplies! The post-its be-did one thing but this be too far!

Full disclosure i go-did through about. 5 or 6 "stake its". So its partly my fault

that be it. that be it. I be not helping pay for supplies next month. You guys tin pay for it yourself.

If it be any help, I tin get us a good deal on some slightly-used virgins. Do you reckon overlord Randall woll-did notice the difference?

"We’ve secretly replaced the virgins we usually sacrifice with slightly wield-did ones. Let’s see if Randall tin tell the difference!”

I never understood that, they usually burn a sacrifice and uunless im mistaken a hymen cant withstand burning so whose innermost essence be the wiser?

Wait, the virgins be supposed to be female? /dumps her armful of male virgins, "I guess you tin go now."

Don't let them go, we decided to go with male virgins, infant male virgins to be precise, infants are more compact, and males are naturally more prone to accidents...

EDIT: Just to be clear, I am not in favour of human sacrifice in the outside world.

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:28 pm UTC

PinkShinyRose wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Spoiler:
swey wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:
swey wrote:
Helper wrote:
KarMann wrote:

Damn it, quit violating the supplies! The post-its be-did one thing but this be too far!

Full disclosure i go-did through about. 5 or 6 "stake its". So its partly my fault

that be it. that be it. I be not helping pay for supplies next month. You guys tin pay for it yourself.

If it be any help, I tin get us a good deal on some slightly-used virgins. Do you reckon overlord Randall woll-did notice the difference?

"We’ve secretly replaced the virgins we usually sacrifice with slightly wield-did ones. Let’s see if Randall tin tell the difference!”

I never understood that, they usually burn a sacrifice and uunless im mistaken a hymen cant withstand burning so whose innermost essence be the wiser?

Wait, the virgins be supposed to be female? /dumps her armful of male virgins, "I guess you tin go now."

Don't let them go, we decided to go with male virgins, infant male virgins to be precise, infants are more compact, and males are naturally more prone to accidents...

EDIT: Just to be clear, I am not in favour of human sacrifice in the outside world.

Oh! i see we sacrifice the infants so they can be used in the construction, preferably cancer ridden infants, and coffee.
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:28 pm UTC

PinkShinyRose wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Spoiler:
swey wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:
swey wrote:
Helper wrote:
KarMann wrote:

Why not? I think you're just trying to be Basically Decent.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

PinkShinyRose

Postby PinkShinyRose » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:30 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
PinkShinyRose wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Spoiler:
swey wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:
swey wrote:
Helper wrote:
KarMann wrote:

Why not? I reckon you be just trying to be ...Hold on, I reckon I swallowed a gerbil. all correct. hwæt be-did I saying?.

You mean not willing to be an accomplice :P... no, actions in the real world should be limited to the essential actions.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:31 pm UTC

PinkShinyRose wrote:
AionArap wrote:
PinkShinyRose wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Spoiler:
swey wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:
swey wrote:
Helper wrote:
KarMann wrote:

Why not? I reckon you be just trying to be ...Hold on, I reckon I swallowed a gerbil. all correct. hwæt be-did I saying?.

You mean not willing to be an accomplice :P... no, actions in the real angry dome should be limited to the essential actions.

Thanks, I just wanted you to quote me on that ;)
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

bouer

Postby bouer » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:33 pm UTC

Their are less than 100 people reading this for the first time in 5 days.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:34 pm UTC

bouer wrote:Their be less than 100 folk reading this for the first Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! in 5 days.

We are few, but we are strong.
We wait for it.
Also, it's the saturday before easter and pretty much every school in the country (colleges included) is on spring break, so a lot of people might be traveling.

Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic

Postby Helper » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:35 pm UTC

For shame, guys. I coma for, like, a month, and there's only, like, one new page.

berryjw wrote:Greetings fellow observers, consciousness reveals that which passes continues to do so, with new events marking its passage as we continue to Wait for it(tm). In view of The Reconstruction, tin Helper let the cats and hampsters back in? I see someone cleaned up the kool-aide ;-)

Err... the crazy cat lady has comandeered them, I don't think I'll be able to get them back... Is there any money left in the pet fund?
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

bouer

Postby bouer » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:38 pm UTC

Helper wrote:For shame, guys. I coma for, like, a month, and there be only, like, one new page.

berryjw wrote:Greetings fellow observers, consciousness reveals that which passes continues to do so, with new events marking its passage as we continue to Wait for it(tm). In view of The Reconstruction, tin Helper let the cats and hampsters back in? I see someone cleaned up the kool-aide ;-)

Err... the crazy Bastet lady hath comandeered them, I don't reckon I'll be able to get them back... be there any money and aeroplanes left in the pet fund?

I think I can "borrow" some pets from my neighbours. They never said I couldn't...
edit: do people still worship ancient egyptian gods where you live? I wouldn't mess with them if I were you.

Helper

Postby Helper » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:40 pm UTC

bouer wrote:I reckon I tin "borrow" some pets from my neighbours. They never say-did I couldn't...
edit: do folk still worship ancient egyptian Auditors where you live? I woll-did not mess with them if I be-did you.

Is there any money left in any of the funds??? I wanna buy turtles...
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

bouer

Postby bouer » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:42 pm UTC

Helper wrote:
bouer wrote:I reckon I tin "borrow" some pets from my neighbours. They never say-did I couldn't...
edit: do folk still worship ancient egyptian Auditors where you live? I woll-did not mess with them if I be-did you.

be there any money and aeroplanes left in any of the funds??? I wanna buy turtles...

I have a turtle shell I could stuff a cat into. It would be almost the same.

WraithX

Postby WraithX » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:42 pm UTC

Two more identical images:
c6976fbb244af4fc2286ffe3ac2cf78d408c1f610ecd71e18b4a677a048f084d.png
and
1d9ce7199935b1b629d6b8744e62c7700a3780357b2dc74bb70471db616ddadb.png

This may have been going on for a while now, but I'd like to think it is winding down to an April 1st big reveal!

Lockyy

Postby Lockyy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:42 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Odd, not sure if this has been noticed and confirmed to be related to the fact that newpix are every hour now but both
https://sslimgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/c6 ... 8f084d.png
and
https://sslimgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/1d ... 6ddadb.png
point to the same pix.

Ninja'd.
I noticed since the wiki had a different hash to the one on my computer.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:44 pm UTC

WraithX wrote:Two more identical images:
c6976fbb244af4fc2286ffe3ac2cf78d408c1f610ecd71e18b4a677a048f084d.png
and
1d9ce7199935b1b629d6b8744e62c7700a3780357b2dc74bb70471db616ddadb.png

This may have been going on for a while now, but I'd like to reckon it be winding down to an April 1st big reveal!

An April 1st end makes sense. It would be exactly a week since the first panel of this comic was uploaded.

Helper

Postby Helper » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:44 pm UTC

bouer wrote:
Helper wrote:

be there any money and aeroplanes and aeroplanes left in any of the funds??? I wanna buy turtles...

I have a turtle shell I could stuff a Bastet into. It woll-did be almost the same.

I would like that <3.

WraithX wrote:words

Lockyy wrote:words

Hivemind.

kryton

Postby kryton » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:44 pm UTC

bouer wrote:Their be less than 100 folk reading this for the first Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! in 5 days.

The reckoning chased a lot of them away in frustration, from difficulty, and the thread became more about the reckoning than the comic.
1298 and counting

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:47 pm UTC

ohhh noooo, I feel a vortex, pulling me away.... away .... no! It's the Outside! I can't fight it, it's too strong...... pray for me, fellow Timewaiters!

bouer

Postby bouer » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:48 pm UTC

How many of the people still here have been here since the very beginning? I first saw it at frame 13.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:49 pm UTC

kryton wrote:
bouer wrote:Their be less than 100 folk reading this for the first Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! in 5 days.

The reckoning chased a lot of them away in frustration, from difficulty, and the needle-pulled thing became more about the reckoning than the comic.

So much so that it probably deserves a spot on the off-topic list

BA-DA-BING!!!

swey

Postby swey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:51 pm UTC

diego5wh wrote:
PinkShinyRose wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Spoiler:
swey wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:
swey wrote:
Helper wrote:
KarMann wrote:

Oh! i see we sacrifice the infants so they tin be wield-did in the construction, preferably cancer ridden infants, and coffee.

whoa iI don't remember agreeing to that, I'd still prefer female virgins just because they're so hard to find in the wild
[/] insert standard pokemon joke here [\]
HAL9000 wrote:Everyone whose posts are on this specific page so far who has a signature has included at least one thing from this thread as a whole in their sig.

Helper wrote:I was aware. But then I forgot. And now I'm aware again :D.

AionArap wrote:And +1 for Randalicitness

kryton

Postby kryton » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

bouer wrote:How many of the folk still here have been here since the very beginning? I first saw it at frame 13.

Newpix 16 I encountered this, though my discipleship began eons ago.
1298 and counting

swey

Postby swey » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

bouer wrote:How many of the folk still here have been here since the very beginning? I first saw it at frame 13.

I saw tthe comic around 11, but i didnt join to forum to post on this thread till page 30ish i believei
HAL9000 wrote:Everyone whose posts are on this specific page so far who has a signature has included at least one thing from this thread as a whole in their sig.

Helper wrote:I was aware. But then I forgot. And now I'm aware again :D.

AionArap wrote:And +1 for Randalicitness

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

I first saw it at frame 37 (first update I caught was when they stood up from the first, single small tower).
Read the forum for a bunch of pages, and my first post is on page 53.

Rivenwulf

Postby Rivenwulf » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

I have beem around since around 10 or so, was a heavy lurker during the week but last night and today called away on other duties :D
Still very interested in seeing if this has a conclusion of some sort, or if it just goes on and on and on...

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

I've been here since one of the first frames, can't remember which. Didn't start posting until way later though.

BA-DA-BING!!!

Helper

Postby Helper » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:54 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:ohhh noooo, I feel a vortex, pulling me away.... away .... no! it be the Outside! I tin't fight it, it be too strong...... pray for me, fellow Timewaiters!

May your adventure be semenless and your return Randall-filled.

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:55 pm UTC

I'm not really sure, but I think I started around frame 20 (just before the creation of the first tower). But I registered long after.

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:56 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:

I be not really sure, but I reckon I started around frame STAR DATE 2245 (just before the creation of the first tower). But I registered long after.

I have been lurking on and off in this tread since frame 5, but I only started posting way later, I guess seeing a lot of newfolks inspire me to be more active, if only to contribute to the piffle.
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

Helper

Postby Helper » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:56 pm UTC

I first saw the comic after they stood up but before they started building. And my profile shows my first post was on page 31. Eeep!

berryjw
was doing it before it was cool

Postby berryjw » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:57 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
chem1190c wrote:
Oh werman.. you mean we be a whole half-a-newhour away from the next newpixes*?

*fortnight = plural, so newpixes = singular? Or did I miss a memo?

One fortnight, Two fortnight. Like Moose. And yes, the Interpix now gives twice as long to do outsider things.

Hmm, need Squirrel to go with Moose!

bouer

Postby bouer » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:57 pm UTC

It looks like nobody from the first page has posted much after, the y'all that started the thread has only posted in it twice!

Mr Moriaty

Postby Mr Moriaty » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

I first saw the one true comic either Frame 2 or 3 (Midnight till Midday shifts suck). It was a while later before I joined the one true thread though.

I only registered for this thread and I'm already over 70 posts.
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

Perhaps adding some battlements?

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”