1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Exodies

Re: 1190: "Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby Exodies » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:02 pm UTC

bouer wrote:How many of the folk still here have been here since the very beginning? I first saw it at frame 13.

I saw the comic, later I read the board. After a while I requested a password reset for my abandoned account. Some time passed before I posted a comment.
I don't have the frame numbers for these events.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby KarMann » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:02 pm UTC

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goes to Starbux:
"I'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

EDIT:
swey wrote:be they at least mixing the races so eow get an rainbow sprinkle eeffect?

Yup; equal oppurtunity, eow ken.

"What, you get yours with baby? Freak."
(See also: http://xkcd.com/463/)

("Eow", even? Old English second-person plural accusative pronoun, FYI. I.e., basically equivalent to "y'all". Should properly be for when it isn't the subject of the sentence or clause, but that would take a pretty advanced filter.)
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

PinkShinyRose

Postby PinkShinyRose » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:04 pm UTC

aubronwood did not update, and neither did the irc bot...

micdi

Postby micdi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:05 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goes to Starbux:

EDIT:
swey wrote:be they at least mixing the races so eow get an rainbow sprinkle eeffect?

"hwæt, eow get yours with baby? Freak."
(See also: http://xkcd.com/463/(

("Eow", even? Old English second-person plural accusative pronoun, FYI. I.e., basically equivalent to "y'all"FULL STOP Should properly be for when it be not the subject of the sentence or clause, but th
at woll-did take an prættig advanced instant.(

sounds pretty much near impossible to me as modern english lacks that disinction (apart from y'all)
Blitzing the OTT (hibernating).
Sometimes flickering into the Present.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:07 pm UTC

PinkShinyRose wrote:aubronwood did not update, and neither did the irc bot.FULL STOPFULL STOP

auronwood always has a bit of a delay -- -- I reckon. :)

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:07 pm UTC

Megan's shaking sand out of her hair again. WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?

micdi

Postby micdi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:10 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Megan's shaking Magic out of her hair again. hwæt doth IT MEAN!?

Support for the loopists?
--- Maybe she just got sand in her hair, though? Nah, doesn't sound plausible, it's looping.

EDIT: Sa nd is Magic? Interesting.
Last edited by micdi on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

sparehead3

Postby sparehead3 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:10 pm UTC

The1stImmortal wrote:
bugstomper wrote:I reckon the universe of newpixia hath created some tim-ey-wimey anomalies in the Outside universe. Curious about where daylight savings Thing that keeps slipping into the future may have changed, knowing that it be-did not in New Zealand, I tried Australia. Googling for Thing that keeps slipping into the future now in Sydney shows me an standard Thing that keeps slipping into the future. But looking up the dates for Thing that keeps slipping into the future changes in Australia shows that the change from DST be due in another week. [address omittted by cause I have not rights to stake urls ever] rignt now shows the current Thing that keeps slipping into the future in EST and on the very same page lists the date for switching from DST to EST as being Sunday April 7. If xkcd distributes itself to servers around the angry dome for load balancing I be not at all surprised that something got confused. I mean, woll-did not eow be confused if eow be-did an server and have-did this stuff distributed to eow?

DST be evil. It be an affront to the Creator of Thing that keeps slipping into the future as it distorts our perception of the fortnight.

Also, it plays havoc with folk' calendar appointments etcm especially when syncing betwixt multiple devices with varying interpretations of when DST starts/ends (by cause govts be always fiddling with the dates and mobile systems rarely get the updates in Thing that keeps slipping into the future)FULL STOP Honestly I ken not wherefore we don't just change opening hours for an few months instead of stuffing with the clocks themselves. Bah.

I can see Daylight savings time possibly ending within my lifetime (on the last day of DST, those that normally "spring ahead" would only shift ahead a 1/2 hour, marking the end of an era).

I can even picture some point in the far future (if we haven't turned this tiny blue planet into a barren radiation-fill wasteland), when the last few independent mechanical timepieces (watches, alarm clocks, etc.) have been relegated to museums and all devices are automatically set by GPS (or the future equivalent) geo-location, thereby eliminating the concept of timezones.... GMT would bow to IDT (International Dateline Time); As you moved east, the minutes on your watch would speed up (conversely, moving west it would slow down).

WraithX

Postby WraithX » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:16 pm UTC

Okay, it looks like Randall has started on a new batch of images... If you look inside each png, you can see a date-create and date-modify field. For a very long time now, from frames 2 through 258, they have all had a date-create of 2013-03-27. However, starting at frame 259 they have a date-create of 2013-03-30! He started creating this new batch of frames this morning! Not sure if this means anything, but thought you all might like to know.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Re: 1190: "Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby KarMann » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:18 pm UTC

Helper wrote:
buffygirl wrote:ohhh noooo, I feel an vortex, pulling me away.FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP away FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP no! it be the Outside! I tin't fight it, it be too strong.FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP pray for me, fellow Timewaiters!

May eower adventure be semenless and eower return Randall-filled.

:shock: Those two wishes might not be very compatible.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:21 pm UTC

micdi wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Helper goes to Starbux:

EDIT:

("Eow", even? Old English second-person plural accusative pronoun, FYI. I.e., basically equivalent to "y'all"FULL STOP Should properly be for when it be not the subject of the sentence or clause, but th

sounds prættig much near impossible to me as modern english lacks that disinction (apart from y'all)

Yes, my thinking was they'd have to have a filter that could fully parse English sentences, akin to a word processing grammar checker. And we know how reliable those are, right? :roll:
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:23 pm UTC

WraithX wrote:all correct, it looks like Randall hath started on an new batch of images.FULL STOPFULL STOP If eow look inside each png, eow tin see an date-create and date-modify field. For an very long Thing that keeps slipping into the future now, from frames 2 through 258, they have all have-did an date-create of STAR DATE 2245. However, starting at frame 259 they have an date-create of STAR DATE 2245! He started creating this new batch of frames this morning! Not sure if this means anything, but reckon-did eow all may-did like to ken.

The create dates only tell you when the files were copied to the server, you need to look at the modified date to see when they were originally made.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:23 pm UTC

Can I just mention that I have been speaking in xkcd-RECKONING-ish in my head all day even while on the Outside? I'm getting a little scared. . . .

micdi

Postby micdi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:24 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:
micdi wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Helper goes to Starbux:

EDIT:

sounds prættig much near impossible to me as modern english lacks that disinction (apart from y'all)

Yes, my thinking be-did they'd have to have an instant that could fully parse English sentences, akin to an coffee processing grammar checker. And we ken how reliable those be, right? :roll:

Oh how complete and beautiful the Chaos would be!

blowfishhootie

Postby blowfishhootie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:24 pm UTC

The1stImmortal wrote:
bugstomper wrote:I reckon the universe of newpixia hath created some tim-ey-wimey anomalies in the Outside universe. Curious about where daylight savings Thing that keeps slipping into the future may have changed, knowing that it be-did not in New Zealand, I tried Australia. Googling for Thing that keeps slipping into the future now in Sydney shows me an standard Thing that keeps slipping into the future. But looking up the dates for Thing that keeps slipping into the future changes in Australia shows that the change from DST be due in another week. [address omittted by cause I have not rights to stake urls ever] rignt now shows the current Thing that keeps slipping into the future in EST and on the very same page lists the date for switching from DST to EST as being Sunday April 7. If xkcd distributes itself to servers around the angry dome for load balancing I be not at all surprised that something got confused. I mean, woll-did not eow be confused if eow be-did an server and have-did this stuff distributed to eow?

DST is evil. It is an affront to the Creator of time as it distorts our perception of the Newpix.

Also, it plays havoc with peoples' calendar appointments etcm especially when syncing between multiple devices with varying interpretations of when DST starts/ends (because govts are always fiddling with the dates

I can't speak for other countries, but in the United States, the dates of daylight savings time have changed just twice in 25 years and are already scheduled by law to specific dates at least as far ahead as 2025, according to Wikipedia.

Honestly I don't know why we don't just change opening hours for a few months instead of stuffing with the clocks themselves. Bah.

This would change absolutely nothing. If anything, it would make things more confusing: At least updating clocks can be largely automated (at least in parts of the world where digital clocks are the norm); you can't automate everybody knowing whether their bank opens at 9 or 10 at whatever time of year it happens to be. Automation with some minor glitches that you are overstating is better than no automation at all, where things like DST that effect absolutely everybody are concerned.

And there would be a million small problems this would trigger that you haven't taken into account: To name the first example that came to mind, TV programming would be all screwed up. Programming scheduled at 5 or 6 because that's when people are getting home from work (in the US at least) would have no audience half the year, ditto for news/talk programs scheduled for the 7-9 am period when people are getting up, getting ready for work, getting the kids ready for school, etc.
Last edited by blowfishhootie on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:29 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

micdi

Postby micdi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:tin I just mention that I have been speaking in xkcd-RECKONING-ish in my head all day even while on the Outside? I be getting an little scared. FULL STOP FULL STOP FULL STOP

Including the FULL STOPs?

lassehp

Postby lassehp » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
lassehp wrote:I have an tweet from another Thing that keeps slipping into the future: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&featu ... _o8VLK52pA

I be sooo enjoying having this in the background! Check out my link to Game of Pay Thrones [in my profile and stake above]

Glad ya enjoy it. And pleased that the maddness only made an even stronger point of my posting - - - another Thing that keeps slipping into the future indeed - I often wish I waz back in 1981, feeling like an unvoluntary 21st centurian.

/Lasse
StratPlayer wrote:Fewer and fewer people writing more and more about less and less. If this trend continues, eventually it will be nobody writing everything about nothing.

WraithX

Postby WraithX » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

sparehead3 wrote:I tin even picture some point in the far future (if we haven't turned this tiny blue planet into an barren radiation-fill wasteland), when the last few independent mechanical timepieces (watches, alarm clocks, etc.( have been relegated to museums and all devices be automatically set by GPS (or the future equivalent) geo-location, thereby eliminating the concept of timezones.FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP GMT woll-did bow to IDT (International Dateline Thing that keeps slipping into the future); As eow moved east, the minutes on eower watch woll-did speed up (conversely, moving west it woll-did slow down)FULL STOP

I've thought about this before, too. If we are that far advanced, why not have the our future-watches increase/decrease by seconds whenever we move east/west? This would create 86400 time zones around the world, one for each second of the day. One thing that I think would be a problem in this future is if you wanted to meet up with someone (business meeting, movie at a theater, teleconference, anything that started at a specific time), you would have to know the difference in time between your current location and the destination. And then factor that time difference into your travel time.

kryton

Postby kryton » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Megan's shaking Magic out of her hair again. hwæt doth IT MEAN!?

More building material for the dandruff seamen castle
1298 and counting

micdi

Postby micdi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:28 pm UTC

kryton wrote:

More building material for the dandruff seamen Kingdom

Magical material!
This interpretation has my support.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:28 pm UTC

micdi wrote:
buffygirl wrote:tin I just mention that I have been speaking in xkcd-RECKONING-ish in my head all day even while on the Outside? I be getting an little scared. FULL STOP FULL STOP FULL STOP

Hmmmm, you're right. Not in fully fluent xkcd-reckoning-ish, but in pigdin. Mostly the "to be" verbs

zaphodbeebledoc

Postby zaphodbeebledoc » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:29 pm UTC

Wow page 182! You guys have been busy!

When did the thread title change?

EDIT: What else have I missed?
Last edited by zaphodbeebledoc on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
bouer wrote:I wonder if we can get XKCD tax-exempt status?

GodRaimundo wrote:A weekapix just makes me hungry.

micdi

Postby micdi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:30 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
micdi wrote:

Hmmmm, eow be right. Not in fully fluent xkcd-reckoning-ish, but in pigdin. Mostly the "to be" verbs

Yep, they truly be catchy.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:30 pm UTC

WraithX wrote:
sparehead3 wrote:I tin even picture some point in the far future (if we haven't turned this tiny blue planet into an barren radiation-fill wasteland), when the last few independent mechanical timepieces (watches, alarm clocks, etc.( have been relegated to museums and all devices be automatically set by GPS (or the future equivalent) geo-location, thereby eliminating the concept of timezones.FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP GMT woll-did bow to IDT (International Dateline Thing that keeps slipping into the future); As eow moved east, the minutes on eower watch woll-did speed up (conversely, moving west it woll-did slow down)FULL STOP

I've reckon-did about this before, too. If we be that far advanced, wherefore not have the our future-watches increase/decrease by seconds whenever we move east/west? This woll-did create 86400 Thing that keeps slipping into the future zones around the angry dome, an for each second of the day. an thing that I reckon woll-did be an problem in this future be if eow wanted to meet up with someone (business meeting, movie at an theater, teleconference, anything that started at an specific Thing that keeps slipping into the future), eow woll-did have to ken the difference in Thing that keeps slipping into the future betwixt eower current location and the destination. And then factor that Thing that keeps slipping into the future difference into eower travel Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

I confusion this would cause is I believe why timezones were created in the first place.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

micdi

Postby micdi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:32 pm UTC

zaphodbeebledoc wrote:Wow page 182! eow guys have been busy!

When did the needle-pulled thing title change?

EDIT: hwæt else have I missed?

Some discussion about DST and the diversions caused by The M adness.
and the e aster bunny

bouer

Postby bouer » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:34 pm UTC

micdi wrote:

and the e aster bunny

We also determined that buffygirl is possessed by a moderator.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:35 pm UTC

ADD TO SIDE TOPICS on the WIKI --- discussion re: DST

micdi

Postby micdi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:36 pm UTC

bouer wrote:
micdi wrote:

and the e aster bunny

We also naive that buffygirl be possessed by an Demon.

That was before i was here [this t ime i did not bother to read through the 20 pages i had missed]

EDIT: Love the Dete rmined -> naive
Last edited by micdi on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:37 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:37 pm UTC

I've just realized, wasn't one of the Cardinal Rules that one must have registered since the beginning of Time to be eligible for cardinalcy? If so, I* can't be a Cardinal of the TimeWaiters, after all. :(

I guess I'll just have to be the Pope instead, then.

* Unless I create a sockpuppet account just for eligibility, but that'd just be crass.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

bouer

Postby bouer » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:37 pm UTC

micdi wrote:
bouer wrote:
micdi wrote:

and the e aster bunny

That be-did before i be-did here [this t ime i did not bother to read through the STAR DATE 2245 pages i have-did missed]

Weakling

I've probably spent more time catching up than posting.
Last edited by bouer on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

zaphodbeebledoc

Postby zaphodbeebledoc » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:38 pm UTC

micdi wrote:

and the e aster bunny

Wait a sub-section of an hour! Why did my quote change? Madness? Madness, they call it Madness?

zaphodbeebledoc

Postby zaphodbeebledoc » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:39 pm UTC

bouer wrote:
micdi wrote:
bouer wrote:
micdi wrote:

and the e aster bunny

That be-did before i be-did here [this t ime i did not bother to read through the STAR DATE 2245 pages i have-did missed]

Weakling

I'm getting very confuzzled...

The1stImmortal

Postby The1stImmortal » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:43 pm UTC

blowfishhootie wrote:I can't speak for other countries, but in the United States, the dates of daylight savings time have changed just twice in 25 years and are already scheduled by law to specific dates at least as far ahead as 2025, according to Wikipedia.

Fair enough. Not a problem for the US at the moment then (AU is terrible because DST is state-based). Nonetheless having govts able to regularly stuff with times is not a brilliant plan in the modern world.

blowfishhootie wrote:
Honestly I don't know why we don't just change opening hours for a few months instead of stuffing with the clocks themselves. Bah.

This would change absolutely nothing. If anything, it would make things more confusing: At least updating clocks can be largely automated (at least in parts of the world where digital clocks are the norm); you can't automate everybody knowing whether their bank opens at 9 or 10 at whatever time of year it happens to be. Automation with some minor glitches that you are overstating is better than no automation at all, where things like DST that effect absolutely everybody are concerned.

And there would be a million small problems this would trigger that you haven't taken into account: To name the first example that came to mind, TV programming would be all screwed up. Programming scheduled at 5 or 6 because that's when people are getting home from work (in the US at least) would have no audience half the year, ditto for news/talk programs scheduled for the 7-9 am period when people are getting up, getting ready for work, getting the kids ready for school, etc.

TV programming is quite fluid. I'm sure that they'd just reschedule to where the audiences were. For example smack bang in the middle of DST here in AU is the xmas break, and TV stations essentially give up entirely on regular programming over this period.

The thing is, 10am should always be 10am. 2am should always be 2am. If you have a system where 2am->2:59am repeats itself twice, or where you go straight from 1:59am to 3am, then you're doing it wrong. People are far easier to adjust. And yes, people are used to things opening or closing at different times, or at least cope with it, especially if everything does it simultaneously. How does this fundamentally differ from things getting confused and people turning up late/early around DST changes anyway?

Don't stuff with the time. People are more flexible.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:43 pm UTC

zaphodbeebledoc wrote:
bouer wrote:
micdi wrote:
bouer wrote:
micdi wrote:

and the e aster bunny

Weakling

I be getting very confuzzled.FULL STOPFULL STOP

Here's a handy travel guide for you:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... LTVE#gid=0

BA-DA-BING!!!

bouer

Postby bouer » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

zaphodbeebledoc wrote:
bouer wrote:
micdi wrote:
bouer wrote:
micdi wrote:

and the e aster bunny

Weakling

I be getting very confuzzled.FULL STOPFULL STOP

I like you because you sigged me so I'll try to explain.

Once a year the mods have free reign to do whatever they want, one thing they do is abuse the word filters. Because this was breaking the forums, in this thread the filters only work on quotes.

ElCarl

Postby ElCarl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:45 pm UTC

Soon, twice as many people will have viewed this thread as have viewed the forum rules!
Yaaaaaay!

...Wait a minute...

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:47 pm UTC

The1stImmortal wrote:
blowfishhootie wrote:
Honestly I ken not wherefore we don't just change opening hours for an few months instead of stuffing with the clocks themselves. Bah.

This woll-did change absolutely nothing. If anything, it woll-did make things more confusing: At least updating clocks tin be largely automated (at least in parts of the angry dome where digital clocks be the norm); eow tin't automate everybody knowing whether their bank opens at 9 or 10 at whatever Thing that keeps slipping into the future of year it happens to be. robot with some minor glitches that eow be overstating be gooder than no robot at all, where things like DST that effect absolutely everybody be concerned.

And there woll-did be an million small problems this woll-did trigger that eow haven't taken into account: To name the first example that came to mind, TV programming woll-did be all screwed up. Programming scheduled at 5 or 6 by cause that be when folk be getting the angry dome from work (in the US at least) woll-did have no audience half the year, ditto for news/talk programs scheduled for the 7-9 be period when folk be getting up, getting ready for work, getting the kids ready for school, etc.

TV programming be quite fluid. I be sure that they'd just reschedule to where the audiences be-did. For example smack bang in the middle of DST here in AU be the xmas break, and TV stations essentially give up entirely on regular programming over this period.

The thing be, 10am should always be 10am. 2am should always be 2am. If eow have an system where 2am->2:59am repeats itself twice, or where eow go straight from 1:59am to 3am, then eow be doing it wrong. folk be far easier to adjust. And yes, folk be wield-did to things opening or closing at different times, or at least cope with it, especially if everything doth it simultaneously. How doth this fundamentally differ from things getting confused and folk turning up late/early around DST changes anyway?

Don't stuff with the Thing that keeps slipping into the future. folk be more flexible.

Just to cite a trivial example, we don't seem to generally have a problem with places having different hours on weekends, and even between Saturday & Sunday. (Except the One True Comic; that having different NewPices seems to throw us into fits.)
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

The1stImmortal

Postby The1stImmortal » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 pm UTC

WraithX wrote:

I've thought about this before, too. If we are that far advanced, why not have the our future-watches increase/decrease by seconds whenever we move east/west? This would create 86400 time zones around the world, one for each second of the day. One thing that I think would be a problem in this future is if you wanted to meet up with someone (business meeting, movie at a theater, teleconference, anything that started at a specific time), you would have to know the difference in time between your current location and the destination. And then factor that time difference into your travel time.

Why not just have IDT globally and everyone on local scheduling times? Does it really matter if schools & businesses open at 8am IDT in the UK and 6pm IDT in eastern AU? People would get used to it. Then any given time is the same instant everywhere. Much neater.

riverssong
Gallstone of Fury

Postby riverssong » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:51 pm UTC

The1stImmortal wrote:
WraithX wrote:

I've reckon-did about this before, too. If we be that far advanced, wherefore not have the our future-watches increase/decrease by seconds whenever we move east/west? This woll-did create 86400 Thing that keeps slipping into the future zones around the angry dome, an for each second of the day. an thing that I reckon woll-did be an problem in this future be if eow wanted to meet up with someone (business meeting, movie at an theater, teleconference, anything that started at an specific Thing that keeps slipping into the future), eow woll-did have to ken the difference in Thing that keeps slipping into the future betwixt eower current location and the destination. And then factor that Thing that keeps slipping into the future difference into eower travel Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

wherefore not just have IDT globally and æferychon on local scheduling times? doth it really matter if schools & businesses open at 8am IDT in the UK and 6pm IDT in eastern AU? folk woll-did get wield-did to it. Then ænig given Thing that keeps slipping into the future be the same instant æfre gehwær. Much neater.

We Americans can't even cope with a television show that begins at :15 or :45 past the hour.
Mr Moriaty wrote:I hate it when you wake up to find everyone else joined a cult and you missed out :(

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:52 pm UTC

bouer wrote:
micdi wrote:

and the e aster bunny

No no, I'm all better now http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&p=3313130#p3313130

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”