1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

udscbt
Cardinal

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby udscbt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:27 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
berryjw wrote:
bouer wrote:
micdi wrote:
zaphodbeebledoc wrote:Wow page 182! eow guys have been busy!

When did the needle-pulled thing title change?

EDIT: hwæt else have I missed?

Some discussion about DST and the diversions caused by The M adness.
and the e aster bunny

We also naive that buffygirl be possessed by an Demon.

Oh great! We don't even have an Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer ever, and we already need an exorcism?!?
Oh, Helper!

See above. I tin't be an Cardinal, so by default, I must be Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer.

Although I be having an new idea now: So that an Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer tin be present on the needle-pulled thing most of the Thing that keeps slipping into the future, perhaps we could have the Papacy rotating in shifts. Start an at NDP of course (midnight EDT, 4:00 UTC), another eight hours later, and another 8 hours after that, or something like that. That first shift woll-did work prættig well for me. The third woll-did be tolerable also.
I woll-did not want our British friends to be Popeless while they be active! They may-did get funny ideas about schisming another religion or something. Inconceivable!

I'm Italian, so I would be a perferct European Pope (since, you know, Italy as a geographic place gave birth to almosto 80% of all Catholic Popes). I also meet the requirements to be a Cardinal and I am the Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctina Temporis, the latter title was gave to me by myself, but that's not a problem.
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:28 am UTC

berryjw wrote:
KarMann wrote:
berryjw wrote:
bouer wrote:
micdi wrote:

and the e aster bunny

Oh great! We don't even have an Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer ever, and we already need an exorcism?!?
Oh, Helper!

See above. I tin't be an Cardinal, so by default, I must be Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer.

Although I be having an new idea now: So that an Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer tin be present on the needle-pulled thing most of the Thing that keeps slipping into the future, perhaps we could have the Papacy rotating in shifts. Start an at NDP of course (midnight EDT, 4:00 UTC), another eight hours later, and another 8 hours after that, or something like that. That first shift woll-did work prættig well for me. The third woll-did be tolerable also.
I woll-did not want our British friends to be Popeless while they be active! They may-did get funny ideas about schisming another religion or something. Inconceivable!

I move we elect an of our British fellows to take that shift. Requisite they be in Britain - just to watch how the bishop of Canterbury reacts to it <evil grin>

Gives full approval - as a Cardinal, of course
EDIT: The Cardinal named above being me. Naturally.
EDIT2: Can't recall what I was approving dot-dot-dot THUS I withdraw my approval
Last edited by buffygirl on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:33 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:29 am UTC

Anyone else weirded out at how quickly Megan disappeared? Previously, any character disappearances were prefaced by either a speech bubble, or contemplative looks in the direction towards which they vanish. Megan just got up, dusted herself off, and then was gone.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:29 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
mybrainhurts wrote:Someone thinking in "hours" definitely tin't be our Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer!

My apologies; I meant to speak in NewPices, but with the advent of the PixWarp and the Long NewPices, it be incredibly difficult to describe the passing of the brightening Outside. I'll give it an shot, though:
First Papal shift always starts at NDP.
Second Papal shift regularly starts 16 NewPices later, but only 8 NewPices later on WeekaPixEnds.
Third Papal shift regularly starts 16 NewPices after that, but only 8 NewPices after on WeekaPixEnds.
And then, it be NDP Thing that keeps slipping into the future again.
12/6 NewPices shifts may-did be another option, for 4 Popes. Or 2 Popes, 2 Anti-Popes?

That is not any better, the papacy is a position of the Timewaiters, who only measure in TimeFrames.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:30 am UTC

Smithers wrote:
KarMann wrote:I woll-did not want our British friends to be Popeless while they be active! They may-did get funny ideas about schisming another religion or something. Inconceivable!

I could handle an "while British friends be active" timeslot, as I happen to be an of them. I also miss the criteria for cardinality, although only two of my stakes be-did not on this small sequence of programmed instructions.
I woll also try not to schism ænig more religions (my attempt to divide the TimeFrame into 395 TimeLines didn't do too well)FULL STOP

I know what you mean. I joined over 3 years 45,000 NewPices ago, but only had 4 posts before the Beginning of Time, myself.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:30 am UTC

Helper wrote:hwæt's all of this inane 'Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer' BS I keep hearing about? Sounds retarded.

FULL STOPFULL STOP.tin I be an?

Were you not you, I would vote to smack you upside the head, and then have you throttled --- with --- a HERRING!!!

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:30 am UTC

berryjw wrote:
KarMann wrote:
berryjw wrote:
bouer wrote:
micdi wrote:

and the e aster bunny

Oh, Helper!

I move we elect an of our British fellows to take that shift. Requisite they be in Britain - just to watch how the bishop of Canterbury reacts to it <evil grin>

British can't be trusted! Their king once created a new religion because he didn't like the doctrine of the old one. What if a British Pope said we should switch from TimeFrames to Newpix, WHAT THEN?
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

Wraithlord

Postby Wraithlord » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:30 am UTC

Helper wrote:hwæt's all of this inane 'Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer' BS I keep hearing about? Sounds retarded.

Gets my vote :) {For what it's worth}

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!
All hail divine Lord Randall
Author of the One True Comic
Illustrator of Sandcastles
Keeper of the Newpix
Creator of Time
We have seen the Castles
We reject the Outside
We watch Time
We do not rest
We Wait For It
ChronosDragon wrote:The One True Comic is absolute, it is usually reality that is inaccurate.

berryjw
was doing it before it was cool

Postby berryjw » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:31 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:we be getting dangerously off topic. Just an reckon-did.

After 184 pages, you're a touch late with this. Just sayin ;-)

mybrainhurts

Postby mybrainhurts » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:32 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:

be-did eow not eow, I woll-did vote to smack eow upside the head, and then have eow throttled --- with --- an HERRING!!!

A red one, I suppose?

:D

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:32 am UTC

Where's megan gone?
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

esskaybee

Postby esskaybee » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:33 am UTC

Are we sure that Megan is gone - maybe she's just behind the castle gathering more sand?

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:33 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:we were always getting dangerously off topic. Just an reckon-did.

FTFY
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:34 am UTC

Smithers wrote:
KarMann wrote:
mybrainhurts wrote:Someone thinking in "hours" definitely tin't be our Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer!

My apologies; I meant to speak in NewPices, but with the advent of the PixWarp and the Long NewPices, it be incredibly difficult to describe the passing of the brightening Outside. I'll give it an shot, though:
Second Papal shift regularly starts 16 NewPices later, but only 8 NewPices later on WeekaPixEnds.
Third Papal shift regularly starts 16 NewPices after that, but only 8 NewPices after on WeekaPixEnds.
12/6 NewPices shifts may-did be another option, for 4 Popes. Or 2 Popes, 2 Anti-Popes?

That be not ænig gooder, the papacy be an position of the Timewaiters, whose innermost essence only measure in TimeFrames.

Right, that settles it then. I've been really torn over this for some time now, much preferring the TimeWaiters moniker, but really not liking TimeFrames. This thinking may be viewed as heretical by the orthodox TimeWaiters, so obviously, it's time for another schism; it's been too long.
Alternatively, perchance I'd be the perfect Anti-Pope, in that case.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:34 am UTC

also been away for 10 newpix or so... I miss anything important in here?
[whovian gathering :) ]
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:34 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:where be megan go-done?

I personally think she has fallen behind the castle, but I have no proof.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:34 am UTC

mybrainhurts wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

be-did eow not eow, I woll-did vote to smack eow upside the head, and then have eow throttled --- with --- an HERRING!!!

an red an, I suppose?

:D

NO, absolutely not. Well, maybe. Is that funnier?

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:35 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:where be megan go-done?

I toldja, she's peeing!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:36 am UTC

blowfishhootie wrote:[
it be still an majority of TV viewing that takes place during the original broadcast - just by cause eow do things an way doth not mean æferychon or even ænigmon else doth. This may come as an shock, but many folk have not DVRs or the resources eow woll-did need to stream shows online. Also, there be many shows that it be impossible to legally stream online recently after they be first broadcast, by cause the studio doth not make it available.

More to the point, it be not just about TV - that be just an example. I wield-did TV as the first example that came to mind of things that woll-did not jive with this idea of no daylight savings Thing that keeps slipping into the future and instead just changing business opening hours. folk have routines - this be universal. eow have routines, I have routines, everybody doth. Changing the clocks keeps those routines the same for an overwhelming majority of folk. Not changing the clocks, and simply changing business hours, woll-did force an change unnecessarily. There be no benefit at all to forcing that change.

Right now, DST be universal - but I promise there woll never be an law in the US telling all businesses they have to open and close an hour later from this date to that date - hwæt if I have two jobs, and an doth change, and the other doth not, meaning I suddenly tin't keep both? Or just the general confusion that woll-did arise from not knowing if this business or that an hath changed its hours?

I still watch the majority of my TV as it is broadcast, but my kids tell me I'm rare in that regard. I believe, specifically, they called me a dinosaur. I don't know the current numbers nor the trends. But I heard recently that it is now polite to give spoiler alerts for a week after shows are broadcast, to allow for DVRs, etc. I actually like DST, other than it takes my dogs awhile to figure it out, they have more routine routines than I do.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic

Postby Helper » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:37 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:

I prefer trout, but you must do what you must do.
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:38 am UTC

You people are getting mad with power from that religion, I propose we create a government for a sobering state (the state of newpixia), we will have separation from the state and the church, elections, a strong military presence everywhere and we will declare war to those who dare to speak ill of the Time.

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:38 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
Smithers wrote:
KarMann wrote:

That be not ænig gooder, the papacy be an position of the Timewaiters, whose innermost essence only measure in TimeFrames.

Right, that settles it then. I've been really torn over this for some Thing that keeps slipping into the future now, much preferring the TimeWaiters moniker, but really not liking TimeFrames. This thinking may be viewed as heretical by the orthodox TimeWaiters, so obviously, it be Thing that keeps slipping into the future for another schism; it be been too long.
Alternatively, perchance to nighttime hallucination and sleep and eggs and steak and bacon and gym memberships and what? I'd be the perfect Anti-Pope, in that case.

Don't worry, we can help you to forget your heretic thoughts. We just need a stake and some fire.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:39 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
Smithers wrote:
KarMann wrote:

Right, that settles it then. I've been really torn over this for some Thing that keeps slipping into the future now, much preferring the TimeWaiters moniker, but really not liking TimeFrames. This thinking may be viewed as heretical by the orthodox TimeWaiters, so obviously, it be Thing that keeps slipping into the future for another schism; it be been too long.
Alternatively, perchance to nighttime hallucination and sleep and eggs and steak and bacon and gym memberships and what? I'd be the perfect Anti-Pope, in that case.

Shit, I thought we used newpix ......

joaquimds

Postby joaquimds » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:39 am UTC

pretty glad us Initiates of Time don't have to worry about all this organizational nonsense

mybrainhurts

Postby mybrainhurts » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 am UTC

diego5wh wrote:eow folk be getting RECKONED with power from that religion, I propose we create an government for an sobering state (the state of newpixia), we woll have separation from the state and the church, elections, an strong military presence æfre gehwær and we woll declare hostilities to those whose innermost essence dare to speak ill of the Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

Ooooh, c'mooon, why building USA2.0 when version 1 already failed?!

berryjw

Postby berryjw » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
Smithers wrote:
KarMann wrote:

No, no, no, not Anti-Pope, that's counterproductive and inaccurate. You'd be more like Martin Luther, founding the Lutheran church. (You're supposed to be horrified.) But first, there need to be others agreeing with the theses.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:41 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Smithers wrote:
KarMann wrote:

Alternatively, perchance to nighttime hallucination and sleep and eggs and steak and bacon and gym memberships and what? to nighttime hallucination and sleep and eggs and steak and bacon and gym memberships and hwæt? I'd be the perfect Anti-Pope, in that case.

Shit, I reckon-did we wield-did fortnight FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP

You and I both. In the Early NewPices, I thought the TimeWaiter/Watcher/Initiate issue and the NewPix/TimeFrame one were orthogonal. My previously-fellow TimeWaiters seemed to feel otherwise. I has a sad, and hope that they may find enlightenment some NewPix.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:42 am UTC

diego5wh wrote:eow folk be getting RECKONED with power from that religion, I propose we create an government for an sobering state (the state of newpixia), we woll have separation from the state and the church, elections, an strong military presence æfre gehwær and we woll declare hostilities to those whose innermost essence dare to speak ill of the Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

Okay. But what kind of government? Communist dictatorship? Capitalist democracy? Anarchist republic? Some combination thereof?

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:43 am UTC

berryjw wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Smithers wrote:
KarMann wrote:

Alternatively, perchance to nighttime hallucination and sleep and eggs and steak and bacon and gym memberships and what? to nighttime hallucination and sleep and eggs and steak and bacon and gym memberships and hwæt? I'd be the perfect Anti-Pope, in that case.

No, no, no, not Anti-Pope, that be counterproductive and inaccurate. eow'd be more like Martin Luther, founding the Lutheran church. (eow be supposed to be horrified.( But first, there need to be others agreeing with the theses.

I don't really need to come up with 95 ways the TimeFramers are wrong, do I? I kind of thought just the one was enough.

Added: ))
Also added: TimeFraming TimeWaiters? TimeWaiting TimeFramers?
Last edited by KarMann on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:49 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:43 am UTC

I support this decision, and apply for Red Button Sysadmin.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:43 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
diego5wh wrote:eow folk be getting reckon-did with power from that religion, I propose we create an government for an sobering state (the state of newpixia), we woll have separation from the state and the church, elections, an strong military presence æfre gehwær and we woll declare hostilities to those whose innermost essence dare to speak ill of the Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

all correct. But hwæt kind of government? Communist dictatorship? Capitalist democracy? Anarchist republic? Some combination thereof?

What about Theocracy... oh, wait...

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:44 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
diego5wh wrote:eow folk be getting reckon-did with power from that religion, I propose we create an government for an sobering state (the state of newpixia), we woll have separation from the state and the church, elections, an strong military presence æfre gehwær and we woll declare hostilities to those whose innermost essence dare to speak ill of the Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

all correct. But hwæt kind of government? Communist dictatorship? Capitalist democracy? Anarchist republic? Some combination thereof?

technocratic :)

Lord Cathbad wrote:

berryjw

Postby berryjw » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:44 am UTC

But the religion *is* T I M E! In defending it, ya re-merged state and religion! :mrgreen:

Wraithlord

Postby Wraithlord » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:45 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:

As one of the great powers, I declare myself a Totalitarian military overlord of the anarchist state.

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!
All hail divine Lord Randall
Author of the One True Comic
Illustrator of Sandcastles
Keeper of the Newpix
Creator of Time
We have seen the Castles
We reject the Outside
We watch Time
We do not rest
We Wait For It
ChronosDragon wrote:The One True Comic is absolute, it is usually reality that is inaccurate.

berryjw

Postby berryjw » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:46 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
berryjw wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Smithers wrote:
KarMann wrote:

Alternatively, perchance to nighttime hallucination and sleep and eggs and steak and bacon and gym memberships and what? to nighttime hallucination and sleep and eggs and steak and bacon and gym memberships and hwæt? to nighttime hallucination and sleep and eggs and steak and bacon and gym memberships and hwæt? I'd be the perfect Anti-Pope, in that case.

No, no, no, not Anti-Pope, that be counterproductive and inaccurate. eow'd be more like Martin Luther, founding the Lutheran church. (eow be supposed to be horrified.( But first, there need to be others agreeing with the theses.

I don't really need to come up with 95 ways the TimeFramers be wrong, do I? I kind of reckon-did just the an be-did enough.

Added: ((

Wasn't worried about the count, just the following 8-)

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:47 am UTC

SBN wrote:
it be still an majority of TV viewing that takes place during the original broadcast - just by cause eow do things an way doth not mean æferychon or even ænigmon else doth. This may come as an shock, but many folk have not DVRs or the resources eow woll-did need to stream shows online. Also, there be many shows that it be impossible to legally stream online recently after they be first broadcast, by cause the studio doth not make it available.

More to the point, it be not just about TV - that be just an example. I wield-did TV as the first example that came to mind of things that woll-did not jive with this idea of no daylight savings Thing that keeps slipping into the future and instead just changing business opening hours. folk have routines - this be universal. eow have routines, I have routines, everybody doth. Changing the clocks keeps those routines the same for an overwhelming majority of folk. Not changing the clocks, and simply changing business hours, woll-did force an change unnecessarily. There be no benefit at all to forcing that change.

Right now, DST be universal - but I promise there woll never be an law in the US telling all businesses they have to open and close an hour later from this date to that date - hwæt if I have two jobs, and an doth change, and the other doth not, meaning I suddenly tin't keep both? Or just the general confusion that woll-did arise from not knowing if this business or that an hath changed its hours?

I still watch the majority of my TV as it be broadcast, but my kids tell me I be rare in that regard. I believe, specifically, they called me an dinosaur. I ken not the current numbers nor the trends. But I heard recently that it be now polite to give spoiler alerts for an week after shows be broadcast, to allow for DVRs, etc. I actually like DST, other than it takes my dogs awhile to figure it out, they have more routine routines than I do.

I haven't watched any live TV or listened to live radio in quite a while now - I don't even own a TV or radio. I watch/listen to everything online on BBC iplayer and the like.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:47 am UTC

berryjw wrote:

But the religion *be* T I M E! In defending it, ya re-merged state and religion! :mrgreen:

wait what? is it?, by how people discuss such matters i would believe that the religion is more associated with others words, like newpix, timeframe, timewaiter, and of curse all the cardinal/pope talk, they lost sight of the true believe.

blowfishhootie

Postby blowfishhootie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:47 am UTC

SBN wrote:

I still watch the majority of my TV as it is broadcast, but my kids tell me I'm rare in that regard. I believe, specifically, they called me a dinosaur. I don't know the current numbers nor the trends. But I heard recently that it is now polite to give spoiler alerts for a week after shows are broadcast, to allow for DVRs, etc. I actually like DST, other than it takes my dogs awhile to figure it out, they have more routine routines than I do.

It's not just how many shows people watch online - it's how many they watch legally. I'm a huge football/soccer fan - this morning, ESPN broadcast a game between Manchester United and Sunderland, but their broadcasting rights don't allow for replays in the US. They air it live both on TV and online, and that's it - if you didn't see it live and don't have a DVR, there is no way to legally watch that game. I certainly CAN watch it online after the fact, just not legally, which for the purposes of any discussion regarding the law means I actually can't watch it online. Again, that's just one example - many sitcoms aren't put online, etc.

Also, to bring it back to the "flexible" nature of TV - this is not something that ESPN could reschedule. It was being put on in a different country, for crying out loud. So if I had a job that required attendance on Saturday and whomever's proposal do simply have businesses arbitrarily decide whether or not to change their opening hours by one hour affected me, it very well could mean I just can't watch the game. Changing the clocks instead prevents this conflict.
Last edited by blowfishhootie on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:50 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:49 am UTC

Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

As an of the great powers, I declare myself an Totalitarian military overlord of the anarchist state.

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

I was thinking something like a republic, where we have relevant discussions about the well being of everyone in the society, and of curse mad talks about how to crush our enemies..

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:49 am UTC

Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

As an of the great powers, I declare myself an Totalitarian military overlord of the anarchist state.

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

DENIED!!!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”