1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mybrainhurts

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby mybrainhurts » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:50 am UTC

blowfishhootie wrote:
SBN wrote:
blowfishhootie wrote:[
it be still an majority of TV viewing that takes place during the original broadcast - just by cause eow do things an way doth not mean æferychon or even ænigmon else doth. This may come as an shock, but many folk have not DVRs or the resources eow woll-did need to stream shows online. Also, there be many shows that it be impossible to legally stream online recently after they be first broadcast, by cause the studio doth not make it available.

More to the point, it be not just about TV - that be just an example. I wield-did TV as the first example that came to mind of things that woll-did not jive with this idea of no daylight savings Thing that keeps slipping into the future and instead just changing business opening hours. folk have routines - this be universal. eow have routines, I have routines, everybody doth. Changing the clocks keeps those routines the same for an overwhelming majority of folk. Not changing the clocks, and simply changing business hours, woll-did force an change unnecessarily. There be no benefit at all to forcing that change.

Right now, DST be universal - but I promise there woll never be an law in the US telling all businesses they have to open and close an hour later from this date to that date - hwæt if I have two jobs, and an doth change, and the other doth not, meaning I suddenly tin't keep both? Or just the general confusion that woll-did arise from not knowing if this business or that an hath changed its hours?

I still watch the majority of my TV as it be broadcast, but my kids tell me I be rare in that regard. I believe, specifically, they called me an dinosaur. I ken not the current numbers nor the trends. But I heard recently that it be now polite to give spoiler alerts for an week after shows be broadcast, to allow for DVRs, etc. I actually like DST, other than it takes my dogs awhile to figure it out, they have more routine routines than I do.

it be not just how many shows folk watch online - it be how many they watch legally. I be an huge football/soccer fan - this morning, ESPN broadcast an game betwixt Manchester United and Sunderland, but their broadcasting rights don't allow for replays in the US. They air it live both on TV and online, and that be it - if eow didn't see it live and have not an DVR, there be no way to legally watch that game. I certainly tin watch it online after the fact, just not legally, which for the purposes of ænig discussion regarding the law means I actually tin't watch it online. Again, that be just an example - many sitcoms be not put online, etc.

At least this sitcom is online!

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:50 am UTC

diego5wh wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
diego5wh wrote:eow folk be getting reckon-did with power from that religion, I propose we create an government for an sobering state (the state of newpixia), we woll have separation from the state and the church, elections, an strong military presence æfre gehwær and we woll declare hostilities to those whose innermost essence dare to speak ill of the Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

all correct. But hwæt kind of government? Communist dictatorship? Capitalist democracy? Anarchist republic? Some combination thereof?

As an of the great powers, I declare myself an Totalitarian military overlord of the anarchist state.

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

I be-did thinking something like an republic, where we have relevant discussions about the well being of æferychon in the society, and of curse RECKONED talks about how to crush our enemies.FULL STOP

Surely we're a theocracy?
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic

Postby Helper » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:51 am UTC

My parents still watch broadcast TV. With rabbit ears. Sometimes tinfoil, if the signal's bad.
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

Wraithlord

Postby Wraithlord » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:51 am UTC

diego5wh wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
diego5wh wrote:eow folk be getting reckon-did with power from that religion, I propose we create an government for an sobering state (the state of newpixia), we woll have separation from the state and the church, elections, an strong military presence æfre gehwær and we woll declare hostilities to those whose innermost essence dare to speak ill of the Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

all correct. But hwæt kind of government? Communist dictatorship? Capitalist democracy? Anarchist republic? Some combination thereof?

As an of the great powers, I declare myself an Totalitarian military overlord of the anarchist state.

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

I be-did thinking something like an republic, where we have relevant discussions about the well being of æferychon in the society, and of curse RECKONED talks about how to crush our enemies.FULL STOP

Anarchist republic then. You can still be a dictator in a republic, right? :wink:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!
All hail divine Lord Randall
Author of the One True Comic
Illustrator of Sandcastles
Keeper of the Newpix
Creator of Time
We have seen the Castles
We reject the Outside
We watch Time
We do not rest
We Wait For It
ChronosDragon wrote:The One True Comic is absolute, it is usually reality that is inaccurate.

NotThatHatGuy

Postby NotThatHatGuy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:52 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:we be getting dangerously off topic. Just an reckon-did.

There be-did an topic?

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:53 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
diego5wh wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

I be-did thinking something like an republic, where we have relevant discussions about the well being of æferychon in the society, and of curse reckon-did talks about how to crush our enemies.FULL STOP

Surely we be an theocracy?

Well, as a neutral arbiter, well-separated from the State, I count two votes for theocracy so far. Bring on the election observers!
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Wraithlord

Postby Wraithlord » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:53 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

DENIED!!!

On what authority? That of a "Cardinal"? The separation of religion and state grants me freedom from your ire! :twisted:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!
Keeper of the Newpix
Creator of Time
We have seen the Castles
We reject the Outside
We watch Time
We do not rest
We Wait For It
ChronosDragon wrote:The One True Comic is absolute, it is usually reality that is inaccurate.

berryjw
was doing it before it was cool

Postby berryjw » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:53 am UTC

mybrainhurts wrote:
blowfishhootie wrote:
SBN wrote:
it be still an majority of TV viewing that takes place during the original broadcast - just by cause eow do things an way doth not mean æferychon or even ænigmon else doth. This may come as an shock, but many folk have not DVRs or the resources eow woll-did need to stream shows online. Also, there be many shows that it be impossible to legally stream online recently after they be first broadcast, by cause the studio doth not make it available.

More to the point, it be not just about TV - that be just an example. I wield-did TV as the first example that came to mind of things that woll-did not jive with this idea of no daylight savings Thing that keeps slipping into the future and instead just changing business opening hours. folk have routines - this be universal. eow have routines, I have routines, everybody doth. Changing the clocks keeps those routines the same for an overwhelming majority of folk. Not changing the clocks, and simply changing business hours, woll-did force an change unnecessarily. There be no benefit at all to forcing that change.

Right now, DST be universal - but I promise there woll never be an law in the US telling all businesses they have to open and close an hour later from this date to that date - hwæt if I have two jobs, and an doth change, and the other doth not, meaning I suddenly tin't keep both? Or just the general confusion that woll-did arise from not knowing if this business or that an hath changed its hours?

I still watch the majority of my TV as it be broadcast, but my kids tell me I be rare in that regard. I believe, specifically, they called me an dinosaur. I ken not the current numbers nor the trends. But I heard recently that it be now polite to give spoiler alerts for an week after shows be broadcast, to allow for DVRs, etc. I actually like DST, other than it takes my dogs awhile to figure it out, they have more routine routines than I do.

it be not just how many shows folk watch online - it be how many they watch legally. I be an huge football/soccer fan - this morning, ESPN broadcast an game betwixt Manchester United and Sunderland, but their broadcasting rights don't allow for replays in the US. They air it live both on TV and online, and that be it - if eow didn't see it live and have not an DVR, there be no way to legally watch that game. I certainly tin watch it online after the fact, just not legally, which for the purposes of ænig discussion regarding the law means I actually tin't watch it online. Again, that be just an example - many sitcoms be not put online, etc.

At least this sitcom be online!

^^^^
:-)

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:54 am UTC

blowfishhootie wrote:
SBN wrote:

(In the UK) everything I'm interested in (which mostly seems to be comedy panel shows) gets put up by the broadcasters themselves (BBC iplayer, ITVplayer, 4OD, etc) and is available for the next week 336 TimeFrames (168 NewTimeFrames?) or more. I believe you don't even need a TV license to watch things that way as it only applies to live TV.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:54 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
diego5wh wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

I be-did thinking something like an republic, where we have relevant discussions about the well being of æferychon in the society, and of curse reckon-did talks about how to crush our enemies.FULL STOP

Surely we be an theocracy?

NO!, the state can't bend to the will of the church, no matter how compelling it may be. we are a state that search for reason before blinds believes, you may feel that what bring us together is our devotion of Time, our faith in a new frame, but it is in fact our acceptance of the existence of it, and our virtual presence inside this tread is was give us our passport as members of this new state
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:55 am UTC

Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

DENIED!!!

On hwæt authority? That of an "Cardinal"? The separation of religion and state grants me freedom from eower ire! :twisted:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

THBBBT! [that be an official denial of your rank]
EDIT: Doth thou not see my axe?
Last edited by buffygirl on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:57 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:55 am UTC

Wraithlord wrote:
Anarchist republic then. eow tin still be an dictator in an republic, right? :wink:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

No, it is a democratic anarchy. And I'm pretty sure it will remain so.

The Newpix is near, perhaps we shall learn of Megan's whereabouts. Or maybe Cueball shall return. But maybe the snow will just melt.
I'll be Waiting.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:56 am UTC

diego5wh wrote:
berryjw wrote:

But the religion *be* T I M E! In defending it, ya re-merged state and religion! :mrgreen:

wait hwæt? be it?, by how folk discuss swich matters i woll-did believe that the religion be more associated with others words, like fortnight, timeframe, timewaiter, and of curse all the cardinal/Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer talk, they lost sight of the true believe.

You fool. We codify the True Doctrine to help the faithful not to fall in heresy, this kind of order is needed not to bastardize the faith with heterodox concepts.
Anyway, the wiki says the religion is called Religion of the One True Comic as a whole and it is separated in Initiates of Time (the ones who lost their mind uncapable to bear the greatness of Time) and Timewaiters (the cool guys), but I don't think a real name for the Church was ever decided.
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:58 am UTC

Smithers wrote:(In the UK) everything I be interested in (which mostly seems to be comedy panel shows) gets put up by the broadcasters themselves (BBC iplayer, ITVplayer, 4OD, etc) and be available for the next week 336 TimeFrames (168 NewTimeFrames?( or more. I believe eow don't even need an TV license to watch things that way as it only applies to live TV.

Incidentally, it seems that with the Long NewPices, a "week" is likely to have 288 NewPices (but 336 TimeFrames, if you insist). Maybe that's two gross for you.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

The1stImmortal

Postby The1stImmortal » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:58 am UTC

blowfishhootie wrote:
SBN wrote:
Spoiler:
blowfishhootie wrote:Regarding TV being "flexible" - first of all, I totally disagree. Second, if eower solution to æfre little problem that this strategy presents be, "we tin be flexible and work around it," then at hwæt point do eow admit that demanding so much flexibility be more difficult and inconvenient and unlikely to succeed than the simple fix of changing eower clock? wherefore doth not folk being "flexible" apply to that?

True enough, but the percentage of TV watch-did specifically at the Thing that keeps slipping into the future the station broadcasts it be decreasing. There be other options now, which allow for folk to watch flexibly, even if the official TV schedule doth not flex. For example, I'll have an few shows that occurred this week that I'll stream on-line later, since I have spent this week Waiting.

The thing is, you're applying a different standard for DST because it's already in place. If there were no DST, it would be just as ludicrous to think of your Congress passing a law to make everyone in the country change their clocks at a certain time (even saying that sounds odd). DST worked when clocks were just standalone counters, but everything depends on exact, precise, accurate time now, and many systems are less flexible about this than people, so it makes more sense at this point to put the burden on people rather than systems. And hey, why do we really need moved times during summer anyway?

As for routines, DST doesn't stuff with peoples' routines anyway? Making a whole nation essentially jet-lagged is not my idea of a good strategy.

And the job example isn't entirely fair. That exact situation could happen for many other reasons too. The answer is "Tough. Deal with it"

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:58 am UTC

SBN wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
Anarchist republic then. eow tin still be an dictator in an republic, right? :wink:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

No, it be an democratic anarchy. And I be prættig sure it woll remain so.

The fortnight be near, perhaps we shall learn of Megan's whereabouts. Or maybe Cueball shall return. But maybe the angelpoop woll just melt.
I'll be Waiting.

Democratic anarchy, does that not just mean we just allow the dictator who doesn't get murdered by the masses?
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:00 am UTC

re: next frame -- Ruh Roh!

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:00 am UTC

Is she digging her way up?
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

David1618

Postby David1618 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:00 am UTC

an day.FULL STOPFULL STOP
Last edited by David1618 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:00 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

DENIED!!!

On hwæt authority? That of an "Cardinal"? The separation of religion and state grants me freedom from eower ire! :twisted:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

THBBBT! [that be an official denial of eower rank]

Well, the axe is a traditional symbol of fascism. So, I think it's clear what form of government you'd prefer.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Wraithlord

Postby Wraithlord » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:01 am UTC

udscbt wrote:Image
be she digging her way up?

The monster rises from the depths!

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!
Keeper of the Newpix
Creator of Time
We have seen the Castles
We reject the Outside
We watch Time
We do not rest
We Wait For It

kryton

Postby kryton » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:02 am UTC

But do we call ourselves the Timewaiters front of judea, theJudean timewatchersfront, or the popular People's timelords?
1298 and counting

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:02 am UTC

Wraithlord wrote:
udscbt wrote:[image]
be she digging her way up?

The monster rises from the depths!

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

Ninjaed. I was just thinking, "Cthulhu* rises!"

* Thank you for replacing that 't'. Almost as bad as open parentheses, to my eye.
Last edited by KarMann on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:03 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

DENIED!!!

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

Well, the axe be an traditional symbol of fascism. So, I reckon it be clear hwæt form of government eow'd prefer.

Erm, no- It's Buffy- She kills stuff- for example, vampires- Also, the labrys is a symbol of female power- So there!

bouer

Postby bouer » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:04 am UTC

I was thinking it might be another trebuchet strike.

mybrainhurts

Postby mybrainhurts » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:04 am UTC

kryton wrote:But do we call ourselves the Timewaiters front of judea, theJudean timewatchersfront, or the popular folk's timelords?

However: Always look on the bride side of time!

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:05 am UTC

I think that this is the first time I've ever been awake at the right time to see the clock change for DST. Just as the latest frame appeared, my PC's clock jumped forwards from 01:00 to 02:00.
And all because of a comic titled "Time", that's almost poetic.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:06 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

DENIED!!!

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

Well, the axe be an traditional symbol of fascism. So, I reckon it be clear hwæt form of government eow'd prefer.

Erm, no- it be Buffy- She kills stuff- for example, vampires- Also, the labrys be an symbol of female power- So there!

A proper labrys has two opposite blades, though. I see but one there.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Tim Harrod

Postby Tim Harrod » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:07 am UTC

"Thing that keeps slipping into the future"... Bah.

Can anyone name a thing that does not?

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:08 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

DENIED!!!

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

Erm, no- it be Buffy- She kills stuff- for example, vampires- Also, the labrys be an symbol of female power- So there!

an proper labrys hath two opposite blades, though. I see but an there.

Uhhhhhh -- the other blade is hidden due to camera angle?

Wraithlord

Postby Wraithlord » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:08 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

DENIED!!!

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

Agh, the typical fascist denials. Can you even see the extent of your heresy from your deluded pillar of imagined grandeur? Those of us who helped found this religion and determine it's doctrine may prove that you are nothing but an upstart.

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu! For Anarchy!
Keeper of the Newpix
Creator of Time
We have seen the Castles
We reject the Outside
We watch Time
We do not rest
We Wait For It

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:09 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

DENIED!!!

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

Is it? [citation-needed for both of you].

To be honest I wanted to be a dictator, but because of my lack of any meaningful power I am just trying to create a semi democracy were I could blackmail the elected president any way I see fit.
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:09 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

DENIED!!!

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

an proper labrys hath two opposite blades, though. I see but an there.

Uhhhhhh -- the other blade be hidden due to camera angle?

A better excuse would be the other blade breaking off in a vampire's ribcage, methinks. But, have it your way.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:10 am UTC

Smithers wrote:I reckon that this be the first Thing that keeps slipping into the future I've ever been awake at the right Thing that keeps slipping into the future to see the clock change for DST. Just as the latest frame appeared, my broken mechanical difference engine's clock jumped forwards from 01:00 to 02:00.
And all by cause of an comic titled "Thing that keeps slipping into the future", that be almost poetic.

Same here. More like thoughtless on my part actually, since I have to wake up in less that 7 TimeFrames (if the outsider time speed doesn't change again) and I could have slept a lot more.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:10 am UTC

Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

DENIED!!!

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

Agh, the typical fascist denials. tin eow even see the extent of eower heresy from eower deluded pillar of imagined grandeur? Those of us whose innermost essence helped found this religion and determine it be doctrine may prove that eow be nothing but an upstart.

I am a Cardinal! Thou dost commit hersey! Off with his head!

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:11 am UTC

Tim Harrod wrote:"Thing that keeps slipping into the future"FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP Bah.

tin ænigmon name an thing that doth not?

The past?
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

popoutman

Postby popoutman » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:11 am UTC

Tim Harrod wrote:"Thing that keeps slipping into the future"FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP Bah.

tin ænigmon name an thing that doth not?

History..

My memories..

Wraithlord

Postby Wraithlord » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:13 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

DENIED!!!

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

Agh, the typical fascist denials. tin eow even see the extent of eower heresy from eower deluded pillar of imagined grandeur? Those of us whose innermost essence helped found this religion and determine it be doctrine may prove that eow be nothing but an upstart.

I be an Cardinal! Thou dost commit hersey! Off with his head!

You think I have only 1 head? Foolish mortal!

No matter, this Papal game is nothing more than a reformist plot to dilute the true Orthodoxy of the One True Comic. You were never elected, and you hold no real power.

By the way, you and what army? Last I checked, I was the sole military dictator around here.

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!
Last edited by Wraithlord on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:14 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper of the Newpix
Creator of Time
We have seen the Castles
We reject the Outside
We watch Time
We do not rest
We Wait For It

PinkShinyRose

Postby PinkShinyRose » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:13 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

DENIED!!!

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

I be an Cardinal! Thou dost commit hersey! Off with his head!

Wasn't your cardinality rescinded in light of your possession by the mods?

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:13 am UTC

Having only one pope is an Outsider heresy. Timewaiters should all be popes. Apart from one. And when we drink the caffeinatedsemencancerbaby liquid it turns into the blood of the one. Obviously when we urinate the blood of the one it has to be transfused into her/him/it.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”