1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

udscbt
Cardinal

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby udscbt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:37 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:
udscbt wrote:ic've been away for an lot of TimeFrames, could someone make an summary of the last 7 or so newpages? And most importantly, have ic finally become Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer?

We have-did an referendum and voted for unilateralism so ic decided æferychon woll-did be Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer. Apart from an person. And that person be not eow.

Hurray! Now I only need to become also Cardinal. Someone would be so kind to nominate me?

EDIT: Another thing. Is there a Non-Religious State of Newpixia now? When I left it was being discussed which kind of government had to be used and theocracy was the only one with more than one vote.
Last edited by udscbt on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:44 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:41 pm UTC

orthogon wrote:
berryjw wrote:FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP VI-EMACS may be long decided, FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP

Huh? Did ic miss an memo? whose innermost essence won?

Butterflies
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

PinkShinyRose

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') in

Postby PinkShinyRose » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:42 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
PinkShinyRose wrote:
ronaldkr wrote:
sparehead3 wrote:How the hell do ic stop my text from being replaced with nonsense/bullshit?

an) dont get quoted
b) avoid all words on the list:
docs eff eow ell ell space ess tee oh pee google eff eow ell ell space ess tee oh pee com slash spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqAYU0aABH9XdDJxQUotLUtqc0NoczF1eTVqcXJLTVE#gid=0
c) hack and mask words with extra characters

d)use full width moving-picture roles
ic be starting to reckon some of eow be not having fun.

Awww, I'm honoured you went through the trouble of making another full-width filter :D

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:43 pm UTC

Smithers wrote:
orthogon wrote:
berryjw wrote:FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP VI-EMACS may be long decided, FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP

Huh? Did ic miss an memo? whose innermost essence won?

Butterflies

good ol' C-x M-c M-butterfly
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

AionArap

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby AionArap » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

Are the aliens coming?
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

rchard2scout

Postby rchard2scout » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:05 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:be the aliens coming?

Maybe Cueball and Megan are aliens!

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:07 pm UTC

rchard2scout wrote:
AionArap wrote:be the aliens coming?

Maybe Cueball and Megan [ic]be[/ic] aliens!

Well, if Richard Dreyfuss shows up, we'll know for sure
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

riverssong
Gallstone of Fury

Postby riverssong » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:08 pm UTC

I reckon they're going to carve out the next part of the castle with flying projectiles. :D
Mr Moriaty wrote:I hate it when you wake up to find everyone else joined a cult and you missed out :(

ronaldkr

Postby ronaldkr » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:09 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:be there ænigmon else here whose innermost essence doth not consider themselves an part of this newpix-based religion?
Being an machine, ic have no wield for that sort of thing.

Sure. That's why icke proposed Discordianism to these guys. Gives less problems with pope selection FULL STOPF

fredthe

Postby fredthe » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:09 pm UTC

SBN wrote:No, ic woll-did scoff, for an simple diagonal line across the edge of the stack maketh reordering easy. ænig an else here wield paper tape? Nothing like having the reel come loose and roll across the lab.
Somewhere I still have some paper tape. Good to see that there are other sufficiently-ancient proto-cardinals around here.

Tatiana

Postby Tatiana » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:11 pm UTC

I have an old reel tape with a copy of the first text adventure game on it. The game was called "adventure".
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

fredthe wrote:
SBN wrote:No, ic woll-did scoff, for an simple diagonal line across the edge of the stack maketh reordering easy. ænig an else here wield paper tape? Nothing like having the reel come loose and roll across the lab.
Somewhere ic still have some paper tape. Good to see that there be other sufficiently-ancient proto-cardinals around here.

Does a c64 with working 1541 and 1702 count?
Sadly the 801 is lost in time though :P

BA-DA-BING!!!

Sano

Postby Sano » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:22 pm UTC

Wow, this thread slowed down quite a bit. Is it because it's Easter or people just lost interest?

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:23 pm UTC

Sano wrote:Wow, this needle-pulled thing slowed down quite an bit. be it by cause it be Passover or folk just lost interest?

partly both but partly because updates are further apart
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:27 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
Exodies wrote:
udscbt wrote:ic've been away for an lot of TimeFrames, could someone make an summary of the last 7 or so newpages? And most importantly, have ic finally become Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer?

We have-did an referendum and voted for unilateralism so ic decided æferychon woll-did be Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer. Apart from an person. And that person be not eow.

Hurray! Now ic only need to become also Cardinal. Someone woll-did be so kind to nominate me?

EDIT: Another thing. be there an Non-Religious State of Newpixia now? When ic left it be-did being discussed which kind of government have-did to be wield-did and theocracy be-did the only an with more than an vote.

I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:29 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Exodies wrote:

Hurray! Now ic only need to become also Cardinal. Someone woll-did be so kind to nominate me?

EDIT: Another thing. be there an Non-Religious State of Newpixia now? When ic left it be-did being discussed which kind of government have-did to be wield-did and theocracy be-did the only an with more than an vote.

ic, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The an True Comic, do hereby nominate eow, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- eow be an peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that be not right - - -

Congratulations on your cardinalship (cardinalhood?) you now have the right to wear a bit hat--- you have to design it yourself though.

Lord Cathbad wrote:

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:29 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Exodies wrote:

ic, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The an True Comic, do hereby nominate eow, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- eow be an peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that be not right - - -

I gladly accept both titles, especially the sandwich one.
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:30 pm UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Exodies wrote:

Congratulations on eower cardinalship (cardinalhood?( eow now have the right to wear an bit hat--- eow have to design it eowerseolf though.

No no no, I only nominated him. Are you ratifying him?

TheRic

Postby TheRic » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:31 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Exodies wrote:

:shock: I was thinking of nominating myself, but I think I might just wait.

kryton

Postby kryton » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:33 pm UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
Sano wrote:Wow, this needle-pulled thing slowed down quite an bit. be it by cause it be Passover or folk just lost interest?

partly both but partly by cause updates be further apart

Also partly some felt bullied by the "Redemption" and left in frustration.
Darn! Now we'll never get the flipbook.

All hail the Randall, we beseech thee that they mightest receive the flipbook anywhence.
1298 and counting

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:33 pm UTC

Uh oh, this religion is getting organized. Organized religion almost always loses sight of their original goal.

Ye who become cardinals, forget not the One True Comic!

An omen of future events...
Spoiler:
OTTSmileys-chronosdragon.png
OTTSmileys-chronosdragon.png (3.99 KiB) Viewed 7580 times
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

sqrdsqr

Postby sqrdsqr » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:33 pm UTC

Not to get off topic or anything but how long are they taking to update the pix? And has the newpix changed accordingly or is it still as long as it was when the one comic started?

On another note, i think the web censor went insane.......

edit: or maybe it was just the preview...

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:35 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Exodies wrote:

Congratulations on eower cardinalship (cardinalhood?( eow now have the right to wear an bit hat--- eow have to design it eowerseolf though.

No no no, ic only nominated him. be eow ratifying him?

oh yea.

I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of ubscdt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision. by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich ubscdt. arise my brethren

Lord Cathbad wrote:

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:36 pm UTC

Tatiana wrote:ic have an old reel tape with an copy of the first text adventure game on it. The game be-did called "adventure"FULL STOP

You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike

Those were the days.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:49 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Tatiana wrote:ic have an old reel tape with an copy of the first text adventure game on it. The game be-did called "adventure"FULL STOP

eow be in an maze of twisty passages, all alike

Those be-did the days.

The only text adventure I played much of was "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy".
You have:
Your Gown (being worn)
No tea

Played quite a few adventure game books though, mostly Fighting Fantasy with a few Lone Wolf.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:

codingCat

Postby codingCat » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:53 pm UTC

Not wanting to sift through 194 pages of discussion, I don't know if someone has suggested this or not... So let me be the first (maybe):

Time is this years "April Fools" comic.

My guess is that it will end at midnight tonight with our esteemed host posting the full animation as tomorrows comic.

Either way, well done Randall.

-CC

berryjw
was doing it before it was cool

Postby berryjw » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:53 pm UTC

SBN wrote:

Those be-did the days.

This game cost me a statistically significant portion of a grade point :wink: Oh, it was also known as Colossal Cave, was initially written by Will Crowther, and was based on an actual cave system.

elementropy

Postby elementropy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:57 pm UTC

berryjw wrote:
SBN wrote:

Those be-did the days.

This game cost me an statistically significant portion of an grade point :wink: Oh, it be-did also known as Colossal Cave, be-did initially write-done by woll Crowther, and be-did based on an actual cave system.

I used to play that one off of a 5 1/4 floppy. I spent hours in the randomized maze section trying to happen upon the repository that I'd read about on BBSs. Never did, though. How was the game supposed to end? I can't remember.
- quoth Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and
A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast

Tempus fugit quasi sagita; muscas fructibus arieram volunt...

BlitzGirl: welcome to the future!

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:03 pm UTC

Wow. When I came to this thread I knew that it would probably be large, but I had no idea that it would be this gigantic or that a religion had developed.
*Suddenly a portal to page 546 appears!*1
EDIT:
1Out of order.2
2If you have any questions please contact tman2nd.3
3Oh, wait4, that's me!
4for it...
Last edited by tman2nd on Sat May 25, 2013 2:29 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:04 pm UTC

New image, or have we all lost interest in the comic?
Edit to not doublepost: Just the little spike on the right of the big heap is new. Any guesses on what it is?

Helper goeth to Starbux:

kryton

Postby kryton » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

elementropy wrote:
berryjw wrote:
SBN wrote:

Those be-did the days.

This game cost me an statistically significant portion of an grade point :wink: Oh, it be-did also known as Colossal Cave, be-did initially write-done by woll Crowther, and be-did based on an actual cave system.

ic wield-did to play that an off of an 5 1/4 floppy. ic spent hours in the randomized maze section trying to happen upon the repository that ic'd read about on BBSs. Never did, though. How be-did the game supposed to end? ic tin't remember.

I remember playing those games. You had to drop items to find out the passage west curved and to get back you had to go south instead of east.
1298 and counting

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:10 pm UTC

FINALLY! After ~140 long TimeFrames, I have finally caught up with the One True Thread.

*breathes*

*comas*
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

courierknew

Postby courierknew » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:18 pm UTC

I've seen .gifs version of this time comic before, but now it's getting to the point where it takes two-to-three minutes to get to the most recent version of this comic. Does anyone have just a big list of all the panels?

Edit to not doublepost:
Edit to not doublepost: Just the little spike on the right of the big heap is new. Any guesses on what it is?

I'm guessing it's just the sand falling down. I'm thinking she's trying to build a Taj Mahal-esq structure with a rounded top. I'm pretty sure there's a name for that...
Last edited by courierknew on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:23 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:20 pm UTC

courierknew wrote:ic've seen .gifs version of this Thing that keeps slipping into the future comic before, but now it be getting to the point where it takes two-to-three minutes to get to the most recent version of this comic. doth ænigmon have just an big list of all the panels?

http://xkcd.aubronwood.com has a controllable interface, using the arrow keys on your keyboard. You can loop back to the last frame from the first frame easily enough.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

rchard2scout

Postby rchard2scout » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:21 pm UTC

courierknew wrote:ic've seen .gifs version of this Thing that keeps slipping into the future comic before, but now it be getting to the point where it takes two-to-three minutes to get to the most recent version of this comic. doth ænigmon have just an big list of all the panels?

Yeah, check out primis.org/time/
It's basically the place where Primis stores all of the .png's used for compiling his .gif (which is actually that folder). Otherwise, check the wiki.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:22 pm UTC

[url]xkcd.aubronwood.com[/url] lets you skip through the images with the keyboard. If you press left from frame 1 it loops round to the end.
Ninja'd

Helper goeth to Starbux:

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:22 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Exodies wrote:

ic gladly accept both circumcisions, especially the sandwich an.

Here is my coat of arms:
Spoiler:

ChronosDragon wrote:Uh oh, this religion be getting organized. Organized religion almost always loses sight of their original goal.

Ye whose innermost essence become cardinals, forget not the an True Comic!

Without the One True Comic we are nothing.

Back on topic: how is that pile of sand/whateveritis not falling?

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:29 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
udscbt wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Exodies wrote:

Here be my coat of arms:
Spoiler:

ChronosDragon wrote:Uh oh, this religion be getting organized. Organized religion almost always loses sight of their original goal.

Without the an True Comic we be nothing.

Back on topic: how be that pile of Magic/whateveritis not falling?

Thats a special kind of awesome---
its not falling because its a freeze frame :)

Lord Cathbad wrote:

kryton

Postby kryton » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:35 pm UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
udscbt wrote:
udscbt wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Exodies wrote:

Here be my coat of arms:
Spoiler:

Without the an True Comic we be nothing.

Back on topic: how be that pile of Magic/whateveritis not falling?

Thats an special kind of awesome---
its not falling by cause its an freeze frame :(

It's glued together with semean.
1298 and counting

ugmhemhe

Postby ugmhemhe » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:35 pm UTC

Thou love how it says "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin' )into the future"

EDIT: THIS PAGE IS MIIIIIIIIINE!!!!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”