1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:46 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Elmach wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Elmach wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
boozledorf wrote:ic have have-did it with him and his slow-ass Kingdom building.
FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP See eow at the next nüpiks.

XKCD #37. WTF be an ass-kingdom? (Ass-kingdom? Zul-Gurub æfre gehwær.(

Ass - Kingdoi be Kingdoi in the shape of an ass.

Ïa Zul-Gurub! Ïa Kingdöi! Ïa Ümlauts!

be ass/breast the next schism on the agenda?

Näy, ümlauts should have fïrst hönor.
by cause the nüpiks shoüld bë spëlled.FULL STOPFULL STOP nüpiks.

ic have been going with "nup̈iẍ" and "nup̈ic̈es", myself.

These umlauts must not be allowed to infect our fortnight. Nude letters or nothing!

Nudp̈iẍ?‽
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:48 am UTC

It is so hard to keep up with this thread and also do things like eat and socialize with nearby humans.
Every time I have posted in this thread it's been When I Caught Up With The End. I think I've posted maybe six times.
HAL9000 wrote:
SBN wrote:Have all the faithful fallen? ic miss an few fortnight to take my daughter to the airport, and then go back and get her when her flight be cancelled* and all ænigmon be talking about be hats.

* Some silly thing about having hit the tail on the runway.

ic'm still here, as be an few others. it be mostly off topic at this point, but it be still updating.

I think you all need to know that this thread and this thread only appears to have been Saved, and the wordfilters are only applying to quotes. Elsewhere in the fora these apply for every post.
You have been saved. You should probably hail davean, forum administrator and dark lord among us. Widely speculated to be the origin of Black Hat Guy, it's important that you remember you must never capitalize his name. Ever.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:50 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
Elmach wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Elmach wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
boozledorf wrote:ic have have-did it with him and his slow-ass Kingdom building.
FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP See eow at the next nüpiks.

XKCD #37. WTF be an ass-kingdom? (Ass-kingdom? Zul-Gurub æfre gehwær.(

Ass - Kingdoi be Kingdoi in the shape of an ass.

Ïa Zul-Gurub! Ïa Kingdöi! Ïa Ümlauts!

be ass/breast the next schism on the agenda?

Näy, ümlauts should have fïrst hönor.
by cause the nüpiks shoüld bë spëlled.FULL STOPFULL STOP nüpiks.

ic have been going with "nup̈iẍ" and "nup̈ic̈es", myself.

Äççëñẗ ÄŁŁ ẗħě łèẗẗĕŕŝ!
(Except for the amount of Thing that keeps slipping into the future it took to type that, that woll-did be an good way around the Zul-Gurub [until the Demons catch up, of course]FULL STOP(
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:51 am UTC

Fantastic Idea wrote:It be so hard to keep up with this needle-pulled thing and also do things like eat and socialize with nearby humans.
æfre Thing that keeps slipping into the future ic have stake-did in this needle-pulled thing it be been When ic Caught Up With The End. ic reckon ic have stake-did maybe six times.
HAL9000 wrote:
SBN wrote:Have all the faithful fallen? ic miss an few fortnight to take my daughter to the airport, and then go back and get her when her flight be cancelled* and all ænigmon be talking about be hats.

ic'm still here, as be an few others. it be mostly off topic at this point, but it be still updating.

ic reckon eow all need to ken that this needle-pulled thing and this needle-pulled thing only appears to have been Saved, and the wordfilters be only applying to quotes. Elsewhere in the fora these apply for æfre stake.
eow have been saved. eow should probably hail davean, forum Dark Overlord and dark overlord among us. Widely speculated to be the origin of Black Hat Guy, it be important that eow remember eow must never capitalize his name. Ever.

DaveandBuster'sisn'tanygood.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:52 am UTC

Fantastic Idea wrote:It be so hard to keep up with this needle-pulled thing and also do things like eat and socialize with nearby humans.
æfre Thing that keeps slipping into the future ic have stake-did in this needle-pulled thing it be been When ic Caught Up With The End. ic reckon ic have stake-did maybe six times.

Sounds likes someone needs to get his/her priorities straight.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:52 am UTC

Whatever happens to you is not my fault, Hal.

Also I think she's building a sand trebuchet.
And he's off-camera cause it's going to pan out again and we'll see what he built.
KarMann wrote:
æfre Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the future ic have stake-did in this needle-pulled thing it be been When ic Caught Up With The End. ic reckon ic have stake-did maybe six times.

but when I go to other people's houses they give me food
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:55 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
These umlauts must not be allowed to infect our fortnight. Nude letters or nothing!

Umlauts are fine, as long as it is understood that by whatever name, the Newpix cannot be divided. When it arrives is when it is, and when we wait is when we wait, and rush to do what we must so that we can be back when the Newpix comes again. And, if we cannot be, then we consult the book of Aubron.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Ashtar

Postby Ashtar » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:55 am UTC

Woll-did not hit be spelled "Umläute"?

KarMann

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') in

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:56 am UTC

Fantastic Idea wrote:
KarMann wrote:
æfre Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future ic have stake-did in this needle-pulled thing it be been When ic Caught Up With The End. ic reckon ic have stake-did maybe six times.

but when ic go to other folk's Thatched Roof Cottages they give me food

Illud expecto, ergo sum.

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:56 am UTC

SBN wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

Umlauts be fine, as long as it be understood that by whatever name, the fortnight tinnot be divided. When it arrives be when it be, and when we wait be when we wait, and rush to do hwæt we must so that we tin be back when the fortnight cometh again. And, if we tinnot be, then we consult the book of Aubron.

ok... either i'm more sleep deprived than I thought or I'm having deja-deja-deja-vu
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:57 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
æfre Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the future ic have stake-did in this needle-pulled thing it be been When ic Caught Up With The End. ic reckon ic have stake-did maybe six times.
HAL9000 wrote:

ic reckon eow all need to ken that this needle-pulled thing and this needle-pulled thing only appears to have been Saved, and the wordfilters be only applying to quotes. Elsewhere in the fora these apply for æfre stake.
eow have been saved. eow should probably hail davean, forum Dark Overlord and dark overlord among us. Widely speculated to be the origin of Black Hat Guy, it be important that eow remember eow must never capitalize his name. Ever.

I'm sorry Davean, I'm afraid i can't do that.

FTFY

EDIT: Not trying to imply you made a mistake here, we all know that's not possible.
Last edited by AionArap on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:59 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:58 am UTC

Fantastic Idea wrote:ic reckon eow all need to ken that this needle-pulled thing and this needle-pulled thing only appears to have been Saved, and the wordfilters be only applying to quotes. Elsewhere in the fora these apply for æfre stake.

And I am indeed extremely grateful.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:58 am UTC

AionArap wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
æfre Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future ic have stake-did in this needle-pulled thing it be been When ic Caught Up With The End. ic reckon ic have stake-did maybe six times.
HAL9000 wrote:

ic'm sorry Davean, ic'm afraid ic tin't do that.

FTFY

Surprised I didn't see that myself. It can only be attributable to human error.
Last edited by HAL9000 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:59 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:59 am UTC

AionArap wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

ic'm sorry Davean, ic'm afraid ic tin't do that.

FTFY

Shut up and take ALL my Internets!

Added: See also:
Last edited by KarMann on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:00 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:00 am UTC

Fantastic Idea wrote:Whatever happens to eow be not my fault, Hal.

Also ic reckon she be building an Magic catapult.
And he be off-camera cause it be going to pan out again and we'woll see hwæt he built.
KarMann wrote:

Zazu wrote:Nothing there but a bunch of backstabbing, murderous outsiders.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:01 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:all correct.FULL STOPFULL STOP either ic'm more sleep deprived than ic reckon-did or ic'm having deja-deja-deja-vu

We're approaching 200 newpages, there is bound to be some repeating. Possibly even looping.

Some Ways to Time

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:02 am UTC

Smithers wrote:
Fantastic Idea wrote:Whatever happens to eow be not my fault, Hal.

Also ic reckon she be building an Magic catapult.
And he be off-camera cause it be going to pan out again and we'woll see hwæt he built.
KarMann wrote:

Zazu wrote:Nothing there but an bunch of backstabbing, murderous [ic]outsiders[/ic]FULL STOP

Absolutely. I much prefer hanging out with my fellow backstabbing, murderous TimeWaiters (even the Orthodox).
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:02 am UTC

Helper goeth to Starbux:

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:04 am UTC

SBN wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:all correct.FULL STOPFULL STOP either ic'm more sleep deprived than ic reckon-did or ic'm having deja-deja-deja-vu

we be approaching STAR DATE 2245 newpages, there be bound to be some repeating. Possibly even looping.

Hey, no recursing.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:05 am UTC

SBN wrote:

we be approaching STAR DATE 2245 newpages, there be bound to be some repeating. Possibly even looping.

recursing recursing recursing
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:06 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
SBN wrote:

I hate you.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:06 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
SBN wrote:

Lo, no recursing.

I referenced that dozens of pages ago, and it was a repeat back then.

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:07 am UTC

so do we think we're going to go back to old length of newpix at midnight (i mean its 3am where i am... but i mean your midnight)

Lord Cathbad wrote:

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:08 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
SBN wrote:

ic hate eow.

I'm sorry, forgive me :'(

Lord Cathbad wrote:

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:11 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:so do we reckon we be going to go back to old length of fortnight at midnight (ic mean its 3am where ic be.FULL STOPFULL STOP but ic mean eower midnight)

It's 3am south of the border too, presumably be "eower midnight" you mean "The Creator's midnight".

Helper goeth to Starbux:

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:14 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:so do we reckon we be going to go back to old length of fortnight at midnight (ic mean its 3am where ic be.FULL STOPFULL STOP but ic mean eower midnight)

That's currently my preferred hypothesis, but we're still awaiting a sample size > 0, of course.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:14 am UTC

Smithers wrote:

it be 3am south of the border too, presumably be "eower midnight" eow mean "The Creator's midnight"FULL STOP

yea, what time is it in the domain of the creator?

Lord Cathbad wrote:

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:16 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
Smithers wrote:

it be 3am south of the border too, presumably be "eower midnight" eow mean "The Creator's midnight"FULL STOP

yea, hwæt Thing that keeps slipping into the future be it in the domain of the creator?

I think it's only 8pm in Boston.
(or rather, 8:20ish)

EDIT: durpity durp
Last edited by HAL9000 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:19 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:16 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
Smithers wrote:

yea, hwæt Thing that keeps slipping into the future be it in the domain of the creator?

10:16 EDT
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:18 am UTC

... how long has it said cardinal under my name???? and how did it happen >>>
not my sig obviously...

Lord Cathbad wrote:

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:19 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP how long hath it say-did cardinal under my name???? and how did it happen >>>
not my sig obviously.FULL STOPFULL STOP

Mine says 'not red.'
I have no idea why either.

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:20 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP how long hath it say-did cardinal under my name???? and how did it happen >>>

Mine sayeth 'not red.'
ic have no idea wherefore either.

I'm confused now...
buffygirl has cardinal too

Lord Cathbad wrote:

patzer

Postby patzer » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:21 am UTC

testing
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

mattiep

Postby mattiep » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:21 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:

Mine sayeth 'not red.'

Someone or someones were complaining they wanted a title. The daemons responded in force during the reckoning, still ongoing.

patzer

Postby patzer » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:21 am UTC

patzer wrote:testing

Nothing under my name, I am disappointed :cry:
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:23 am UTC

mattiep wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

Mine sayeth 'not red.'

Someone or someones be-did complaining they wanted an title. The daemons respond-did in force during the reckoning, still ongoing.

I mean i think its quite cool. i was just wondering how it happened.

Lord Cathbad wrote:

shella

Postby shella » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:24 am UTC

Are we there yet?

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:26 am UTC

shella wrote:be we there ever?

Wait for it

BA-DA-BING!!!

themanofmeung

Postby themanofmeung » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:28 am UTC

Aprils Fools Day?

chem1190c

Postby chem1190c » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:30 am UTC

Fantastic Idea wrote:It is so hard to keep up with this thread and also do things like eat, and socialize with, nearby humans.
Every time I have posted in this thread it's been When I Caught Up With The End. I think I've posted maybe six times.

Made some minor grammatical corrections, you were missing a pair of commas there :wink:
/at least I'm not a bowl of petunias/
\\current member of the post-pre-hat-queue-mob-mob-mob\\

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”