1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AluisioASG

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:10 am UTC

Checking if I have a title…
EDIT: hey, where is my “Red Button Engineer” badge?
Last edited by AluisioASG on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:12 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:11 am UTC

I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of Kermann nominated by <name ommited due to being lost in time>. may I and <name ommited due to being lost in time> be stuck down if we have erred in this decision. by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal Kermann. arise my brethren.
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

AionArap

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby AionArap » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:11 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
AionArap wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
Smithers wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
Elmach wrote:
Helper wrote:be ïc an thing?

EDIT: Nope :cry:FULL STOP How woll ic continue to live now?

Don't worry, we all reckon eow should be an thing.
Either eöw or NoEdge should be pöpe.
Ï nominate Helper and NoEdge as co-pöpes.

Do we have ænig more nominees to go before an full cardinal vote (which woll be vote when there be more than an cardinal online)

According to the wiki, other nominees be KarMann, Sedasa and peewee_RotA.
And we be waiting for Cardinal beargarden, Cardinal buffygirl or Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich udscbt to complete the conclave.

those nominated on the wiki be for cardinalhoodness. not papal nominees
on that note, Karmann, congratulations, eow be about to get ordained as an cardinal, got eower cloak and hat? good, than ic'woll just find my speach.FULL STOPFULL STOP

Surely eow mean robe and wizards hat.

the joke seemed an bit obvious, but yes :P

Well, someone had to say it :P
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

swey

Postby swey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:11 am UTC

I think on this momentous page we should all post what we're hoping will happen, not half baked theories i want them fully baked this time.

I'm hoping this will not stop at midnight and just be an April's fools thingie, also hoping we get tthe pan aand reveal to ssee cue balls contribution, also that it will go back to 30 min newpix time
HAL9000 wrote:Everyone whose posts are on this specific page so far who has a signature has included at least one thing from this thread as a whole in their sig.

Helper wrote:I was aware. But then I forgot. And now I'm aware again :D.

AionArap wrote:And +1 for Randalicitness

Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') in

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:14 am UTC

swey wrote:ic reckon on this momentous page we should all stake hwæt we be hoping woll happen, not half baked theories ic want them fully baked this Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

ic'm hoping this woll not stop at midnight and just be an April's fools thingie, also hoping we get tthe pan aand reveal to ssee cue balls contribution, also that it woll go back to 30 min fortnight Thing that keeps slipping into the future

What I want, is a huge zoom out that shows an enormous island absolutely full of sand-structures, all crafted by hand with infinite love and grace by Cueball and Megan.
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:14 am UTC

swey wrote:ic reckon on this momentous page we should all stake hwæt we be hoping woll happen, not half baked theories ic want them fully baked this Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

ic'm hoping this woll not stop at midnight and just be an April's fools thingie, also hoping we get tthe pan aand reveal to ssee cue balls contribution, also that it woll go back to 30 min fortnight Thing that keeps slipping into the future

Fully baked? Ok, I'll start rolling.
Anyone got papers?
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:14 am UTC

I hope that it will have a sudden, but tremendous ending with explosions and destruction. But that first, we get to see what cueball was doing because damn, he's been gone for a while.

Also I'm not really sure where I stand on the newpix length. With the longpix, it's easier to keep up with it (and the forum thread, good or bad?) and we approach the inevitable end that much slower...

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:15 am UTC

We're nearly FOUR TIMES as long as the 'Pickup Artist' thread was.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:16 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
AionArap wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
Smithers wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
Elmach wrote:
Helper wrote:be ïc an thing?

EDIT: Nope :cry:FULL STOP How woll ic continue to live now?

Don't worry, we all reckon eow should be an thing.
Either eöw or NoEdge should be pöpe.
Ï nominate Helper and NoEdge as co-pöpes.

Do we have ænig more nominees to go before an full cardinal vote (which woll be vote when there be more than an cardinal online)

According to the wiki, other nominees be KarMann, Sedasa and peewee_RotA.
And we be waiting for Cardinal beargarden, Cardinal buffygirl or Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich udscbt to complete the conclave.

those nominated on the wiki be for cardinalhoodness. not papal nominees
on that note, Karmann, congratulations, eow be about to get ordained as an cardinal, got eower cloak and hat? good, than ic'woll just find my speach.FULL STOPFULL STOP

Surely eow mean robe and wizards hat.

That may-did be an new comic reference. Good for eow!

We'll just have to watch out for this guy:
Added: Relevant mouseover text:
'Why are you standing in the yard wearing a papal hat and a robe covered in seeds?' 'Well, the Pope is visiting our town next month ...'
Last edited by KarMann on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:17 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

thelonesoldier

Postby thelonesoldier » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:16 am UTC

hwæt ic want, be an huge zoom out that shows an enormous island absolutely full of sand-structures, all crafted by hand with infinite love and grace by Cueball and Megan.

Followed by a zoom out that shows an enormous sand Death Star built by Black Hat Guy

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:16 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:ic hope that it woll have an sudden, but tremendous ending with explosions and destruction. But that first, we get to see hwæt cueball be-did doing by cause damn, he be been go-done for an while.

Also ic'm not really sure where ic stand on the fortnight length. With the longpix, it be easier to keep up with it (and the forum needle-pulled thing, good or bad?( and we approach the inevitable end that much slower.FULL STOPFULL STOP

A damn good point. I actually got shit done today.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Helper

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:18 am UTC

thelonesoldier wrote:
hwæt ic want, be an huge zoom out that shows an enormous island absolutely full of sand-structures, all crafted by hand with infinite love and grace by Cueball and Megan.

Followed by an zoom out that shows an enormous Magic Death Star built by Black Hat Guy

Oh, I suppose :mrgreen:
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

swey

Postby swey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:18 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:ic hope that it woll have an sudden, but tremendous ending with explosions and destruction. But that first, we get to see hwæt cueball be-did doing by cause damn, he be been go-done for an while.

Also ic'm not really sure where ic stand on the fortnight length. With the longpix, it be easier to keep up with it (and the forum needle-pulled thing, good or bad?( and we approach the inevitable end that much slower.FULL STOPFULL STOP

an damn good point. ic actually got shit done today.

Blasphemers! Getting stuff done has no point if its not in the service of the comici
HAL9000 wrote:Everyone whose posts are on this specific page so far who has a signature has included at least one thing from this thread as a whole in their sig.

Helper wrote:I was aware. But then I forgot. And now I'm aware again :D.

AionArap wrote:And +1 for Randalicitness

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:20 am UTC

We have less than a timeframe to go before we reach both:
  • one outsider week since the initial strip and
  • (in The Creator's time zone) the outsider festival of japes known as 'April fools day'
so, I think there is a pretty good chance something will change and now is the time to call it.
If nothing else, it woll not be the weekend anymore, so the flow of outsider time should slow again to 30 minutes per timeframe.
I'm calling that since the last 24 frames have had basically nothing happening at 1 frame per hour, the comic will suddenly speed up and give us lots of action at a faster framerate than ever before.
At least, that's my WMG.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

Helper

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:22 am UTC

Smithers wrote:We have less than an timeframe to go before we reach both:
  • an outsider week since the initial strip and
  • (in The Creator's Thing that keeps slipping into the future zone) the outsider festival of japes known as 'April fools day'
so, ic reckon there be an prættig good chance something woll change and now be the Thing that keeps slipping into the future to call it.
If nothing else, it woll not be the weekend anymore, so the flow of outsider Thing that keeps slipping into the future should slow again to 30 minutes per timeframe.
ic'm calling that since the last 24 frames have have-did basically nothing happening at 1 frame per hour, the comic woll suddenly speed up and give us lots of action at an faster framerate than ever before.
At least, that be my WMG.

5 minutes per frame for the win.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:22 am UTC

• (in The Creator's Thing that keeps slipping into the future zone) the outsider festival of japes known as 'April fools day'
so, ic reckon there be an prættig good chance something woll change and now be the Thing that keeps slipping into the future to call it.
If nothing else, it woll not be the weekend anymore, so the flow of outsider Thing that keeps slipping into the future should slow again to 30 minutes per timeframe.
ic'm calling that since the last 24 frames have have-did basically nothing happening at 1 frame per hour, the comic woll suddenly speed up and give us lots of action at an faster framerate than ever before.

Epileptic sand. I called it.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:24 am UTC

Helper wrote:
  • (in The Creator's Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the future zone) the outsider festival of japes known as 'April fools day'
so, ic reckon there be an prættig good chance something woll change and now be the Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the future to call it.
If nothing else, it woll not be the weekend anymore, so the flow of outsider Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the future should slow again to 30 minutes per timeframe.

5 minutes per frame for the win.

Maybe the rate will just get faster and faster and deliver an infinite number of frames by midnight, a la http://xkcd.com/994/.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:

Helper

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:28 am UTC

...the xkcd website is broken.

danopia

Postby danopia » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:29 am UTC

Well, a few timeframes ago the stream was tested with an update every 3.5 seconds, if that foreshadows anything

htom

Postby htom » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:29 am UTC

I think it speeds up and the camera changes to show us that they have build a sandcastle echoing a drawing of London in the 1700's, Megan's project being St. Paul's Cathedral.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

JCPenney

Postby JCPenney » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:40 am UTC

I look forward to a return to the faster frame rate (or slower Outsider time, if you prefer), more action per newpix, and (at the risk of coming across as a heretic) an end to the reckoning.

Although, as I think of it, I feel like there is an interesting balance between the rapidly expanding thread as it was pre-reckoning, and the way it is now with the filters.....it takes almost as long to pick through fewer pages of the ever-changing language as it did to skim through more pages of (relative) coherence.

As to the actual content of the One True Comic, all I hope for is for Cueball and Megan to end up together and happy....or at least content.
blowfishhootie wrote:Incidentally, "semen castle" is what I'm going to call my girlfriend if I ever break up with her.

Time Time Time
See what's become of me
As I looked around
For my possibility

Khrushy

Postby Khrushy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:41 am UTC

Going with the cheap April fool's theory: It was all a dream / neural simulation. Neural sim seems more likely.

Edit: I'm sure there's an in-joke here somewhere that I'm not aware of, but why is the word "madness" from my Sig replaced by all caps "RECKONING"?
Last edited by Khrushy on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:42 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Madness takes its toll, please have exact change.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:41 am UTC

JCPenney wrote:ic look forward to an return to the faster frame rate (or slower Outsider Thing that keeps slipping into the future, if eow prefer), more action per fortnight, and (at the risk of coming across as an heretic) an end to the reckoning.

Although, as ic reckon of it, ic feel like there be an interesting balance betwixt the rapidly expanding needle-pulled thing as it be-did pre-reckoning, and the way it be now with the Zul-Gurub.FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP.it takes almost as long to pick through fewer pages of the ever-changing wordy-writey-meaning-conveying-wibbly-wobbly stuff as it did to skim through more pages of (relative) LASERS.

As to the actual content of the an True Comic, all ic hope for be for Cueball and Megan to end up together and hapful.FULL STOPFULL STOP.or at least content.

That makes two of us, for all three of those points.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:43 am UTC

Khrushy wrote:Going with the cheap April fool's theory: It be-did all an nighttime hallucination / neural simulation. Neural sim seems more likely.

Edit: ic'm sure there be an in-joke here somewhere that ic'm not aware of, but wherefore be the coffee "RECKONING" from my Sig replaced by all caps "RECKONING"?

Mod m.adness. It's when they mess with the wordfilters.
Changes quotes and signatures.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:46 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Khrushy wrote:Going with the cheap April fool's theory: It be-did all an nighttime hallucination / neural simulation. Neural sim seems more likely.

Edit: ic'm sure there be an in-joke here somewhere that ic'm not aware of, but wherefore be the coffee "RECKONING" from my Sig replaced by all caps "RECKONING"?

DEMON m.adness. it be when they mess with the wordfilters.

Normally it affects everything, but they made an exception for this thread (presumably due to high levels of awesomness!!)

Helper goeth to Starbux:

pha

Postby pha » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:46 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Khrushy wrote:Edit: ic'm sure there be an in-joke here somewhere that ic'm not aware of, but wherefore be the coffee "RECKONING" from my Sig replaced by all caps "RECKONING"?

DEMON m.adness. it be when they mess with the wordfilters.

See http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/The_Madness

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:46 am UTC

This guy's a little late to the game!
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:48 am UTC

My prediction: An increase in both users and guests in this thread.
As for the actual comic: I've long since given up on predicting anything there.

BA-DA-BING!!!

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:49 am UTC

JCPenney wrote:ic look forward to an return to the faster frame rate (or slower Outsider Thing that keeps slipping into the future, if eow prefer), more action per fortnight, and (at the risk of coming across as an heretic) an end to the reckoning.

Although, as ic reckon of it, ic feel like there be an interesting balance betwixt the rapidly expanding needle-pulled thing as it be-did pre-reckoning, and the way it be now with the Zul-Gurub.FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL STOP.it takes almost as long to pick through fewer pages of the ever-changing wordy-writey-meaning-conveying-wibbly-wobbly stuff as it did to skim through more pages of (relative) LASERS.

As to the actual content of the an True Comic, all ic hope for be for Cueball and Megan to end up together and hapful.FULL STOPFULL STOP.or at least content.

The reckoning is a side effect, tangential to the experience of the One True Comic, yet it has become inextricably woven into the culture of the comic's following. Despite this, I think most people here will feel some amount of relief when it's over. Assuming the comic's still going, and if not, then we'll all be deep in withdrawl.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:53 am UTC

AionArap wrote:My prediction: An increase in both users and guests in this needle-pulled thing.
As for the actual comic: ic have long since given up on predicting anything there.

Ah we be predicting on the needle-pulled thing too? all correct, my prediction be that Helper woll get the 8000th stake.

Helper goeth to Starbux:

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:53 am UTC

I think they made an exception for this thread because it would ruin all of the image links because they keep changing the word "time" to something else

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:57 am UTC

Smithers wrote:
AionArap wrote:My prediction: An increase in both users and guests in this needle-pulled thing.
As for the actual comic: ic have long since given up on predicting anything there.

Ah we be predicting on the needle-pulled thing too? all correct, my prediction be that Helper woll get the 8000th stake.

I wouldn't be surprised.

BA-DA-BING!!!

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:00 am UTC

BA-DA-BING!!!

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:00 am UTC

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:00 am UTC

congrats for a weekapix everybody
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:

Helper

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:00 am UTC

Smithers wrote:

That seems unlikely.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:00 am UTC

Well, no surprise yet, as far as I can tell.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Khrushy

Postby Khrushy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 am UTC

Valarya wrote:

This guy's an little late to the game!

It seems I missed most of the fun. I last stopped by when there were only 100 pages in this thread XD
Madness takes its toll, please have exact change.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 am UTC

That was anticlimactic.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 am UTC

Helper wrote:
Smithers wrote:

That seems unlikely.

massive congratulations on getting 8000...

Lord Cathbad wrote:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”