1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

buffygirl
Cardinal

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby buffygirl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 am UTC

All right folks! Let's vote! [sorry, been working on my hats]. Who's up?

AionArap

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') in

Postby AionArap » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 am UTC

Helper wrote:
Smithers wrote:
AionArap wrote:My prediction: An increase in both users and guests in this needle-pulled thing.
As for the actual comic: ic have long since given up on predicting anything there.

Ah we be predicting on the needle-pulled thing too? all correct, my prediction be that Helper woll get the 8000th stake.

That seems unlikely.

Well played :lol:
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 am UTC

Helper wrote:
Smithers wrote:
AionArap wrote:My prediction: An increase in both users and guests in this needle-pulled thing.
As for the actual comic: ic have long since given up on predicting anything there.

Ah we be predicting on the needle-pulled thing too? all correct, my prediction be that Helper woll get the 8000th stake.

That seems unlikely.

Denied!
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:02 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:All right folks! Let's vote! [sorry, been working on my hats]FULL STOP whose innermost essence be up?

Up for what?

Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:02 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:
Smithers wrote:

That seems unlikely.

Denied!

Err...

EDIT: And thanks guys. It's all in a day's work of being an ass.
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:04 am UTC

No new comic yet though.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:05 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:All right folks! Let's vote! [sorry, been working on my hats]FULL STOP whose innermost essence be up?

only nominees are

helper, newedge, sway.

LAST CALL FOR PAPAL NOMINATIONS
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:05 am UTC

It's possible there was nothing planned for the one-weekapix mark in the first place, or if there was, that the longpix offset it. And anyway, maybe we're overestimating the effort that Randall put in? What if he just drew all these and set up the script, not planning for when the dates would fall?

Wait why am I spouting these blasphemies? Someone restrain me!

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:06 am UTC

boozledorf wrote:

Up for hwæt?

Up to VOTE FOR POPE, of course! How many cardinals do we got online and paying attention [now that I'm paying attention] - - but better be quick. My hattery still has several incomplete hats for Cardinal Buffy.
EDIT: I LOVE my new title! Thanks Mods!

avaquizzer

Postby avaquizzer » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:07 am UTC

Forgive me, since i hardly ever write anything in forums.
i have been keeping tabs on this comic (and this forum) like everyone else; i haven't read through everything, but I felt that i should comment. If this has already been stated, then i apologize for the repetition:
Could it be that this comic is referencing life on another planet? Perhaps millions of years ago? And the denouement will be travelers from the Earth finding the remains of this particular civilization (namely, remnants of the palace or flags?); or perhaps it isn't a foreign planet but an ancient civilization on Earth? Or just a microcosm thereof? Or maybe i'm over-scrutinizing this comic , or perhaps my brain is channeling old episodes of the Twilight Zone and i'm expecting some sort of science-fiction type twist.
At the very least, i will continue to enjoy the evolution of the comic, awaiting to see what happens next. But, just like real life, or as i've seen it referred to, "The Outside", i'm not going to obsess or let it take up all of my moments.
Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts.

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:08 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
boozledorf wrote:

Up for hwæt?

Up to VOTE FOR Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer, of course! How many cardinals do we got online and paying attention [now that ic'm paying attention] - - but gooder be quick. My hattery still hath several incomplete hats for Cardinal Buffy.
EDIT: ic LOVE my new title! Thanks Demons!

selecting a new pope? can i suggest something? the nominees shall compete in a rap battle. and then the cardinals could have more to go on to chose for whom to vote.
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

htom

Postby htom » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:08 am UTC

boozledorf wrote:

Up for hwæt?

I'm up for a coma betimes and shall seek it momentarily.
As Initiate, I don't need to vote (and probably aren't allowed to.)
All y'all, Wait for it.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:09 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
boozledorf wrote:

Up for hwæt?

Up to VOTE FOR Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer, of course! How many cardinals do we got online and paying attention [now that ic'm paying attention] - - but gooder be quick. My hattery still hath several incomplete hats for Cardinal Buffy.

Current cardinals online are You, KarMann and myself. thats over half... lets vote
edit: no wait no Karmann
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:09 am UTC

avaquizzer wrote:Forgive me, since ic hardly ever write anything in forums.
ic have been keeping tabs on this comic (and this forum) like æferychon else; ic haven't read through everything, but ic felt that ic should comment. If this hath already been stated, then ic apologize for the repetition:
Could it be that this comic be referencing life on another planet? Perhaps millions of years ago? And the denouement woll be travelers from the Earth finding the remains of this particular civilization (namely, remnants of the palace or flags?(; or perhaps it be not an foreign planet but an ancient civilization on Earth? Or just an microcosm thereof? Or maybe ic'm over-scrutinizing this comic , or perhaps my brain be channeling old episodes of the Twilight Zone and ic'm expecting some sort of science-fiction type twist.
At the very least, ic woll continue to enjoy the evolution of the comic, awaiting to see hwæt happens next. But, just like real life, or as ic have seen it referred to, "The Outside", ic'm not going to obsess or let it take up all of my moments.
Thank eow for allowing me to share my thoughts.

MWAH! And thank you for sharing them!!! :mrgreen:

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:11 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
boozledorf wrote:

Up for hwæt?

Current cardinals online be eow, KarMann and myself. thats over half.FULL STOPFULL STOP lets vote

Allrighty, let's give him a few to get back. Who's nominated, btw?

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:13 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
boozledorf wrote:

Up for hwæt?

Current cardinals online be eow, KarMann and myself. thats over half.FULL STOPFULL STOP lets vote

Allrighty, let's give him an few to get back. whose innermost essence be nominated, btw?

only nominees are:
Helper, Newedge, And Sway.

Lord Cathbad wrote:

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:16 am UTC

Oh and i'd like to nominate HAL 9000 as well

Lord Cathbad wrote:

swey

Postby swey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:16 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
boozledorf wrote:

Up for hwæt?[/uote]

Allrighty, let's give him an few to get back. whose innermost essence be nominated, btw?

only nominees be:

Cool I'm up tthere! Any runner up prizes? As im sure i don't stand much chance against helper and new edge?
nninjad myself sorry guys
Last edited by swey on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:17 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
HAL9000 wrote:Everyone whose posts are on this specific page so far who has a signature has included at least one thing from this thread as a whole in their sig.

Helper wrote:I was aware. But then I forgot. And now I'm aware again :D.

AionArap wrote:And +1 for Randalicitness

swey

Postby swey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:17 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
boozledorf wrote:

Up for hwæt?

only nominees be:

Awesome I'm up there, are there any runner up prizes as im sure i cant beat helper and newedgei
HAL9000 wrote:Everyone whose posts are on this specific page so far who has a signature has included at least one thing from this thread as a whole in their sig.

Smithers

Re: 1190: "Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:17 am UTC

Also to consider:
beargarden wrote:ic tin't keep up with this. Today be going to be filled with too many outsider commitments.

If the vote for Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer be held within the next 24 timeframes,
ic VOTE FOR WHOEVER peewee_RotA VOTES FOR as it be-did he whose innermost essence ordained me as Cardinal.
If peewee_RotA doth not vote, ic vote for him.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

Helper

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:17 am UTC

swey wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
boozledorf wrote:

Up for hwæt?[/uote]

only nominees be:

Cool ic'm up tthere! ænig runner up prizes? As im sure ic don't stand much chance against helper and new edge?

i got you dis:
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:18 am UTC

avaquizzer wrote:Forgive me, since ic hardly ever write anything in forums.
ic have been keeping tabs on this comic (and this forum) like æferychon else; ic haven't read through everything, but ic felt that ic should comment. If this hath already been stated, then ic apologize for the repetition:
Could it be that this comic be referencing life on another planet? Perhaps millions of years ago? And the denouement woll be travelers from the Earth finding the remains of this particular civilization (namely, remnants of the palace or flags?(; or perhaps it be not an foreign planet but an ancient civilization on Earth? Or just an microcosm thereof? Or maybe ic'm over-scrutinizing this comic , or perhaps my brain be channeling old episodes of the Twilight Zone and ic'm expecting some sort of science-fiction type twist.
At the very least, ic woll continue to enjoy the evolution of the comic, awaiting to see hwæt happens next. But, just like real life, or as ic have seen it referred to, "The Outside", ic'm not going to obsess or let it take up all of my moments.
Thank eow for allowing me to share my thoughts.

Wow, that's creative. And actually plausible, unlike the other creative theories I've heard. The sandcastle would be a metaphor for civilization, and the people a metaphorical "adam" and "eve," on that planet. Or maybe it's us? And by the end, they'll both construct giant sand trebuchets to send themselves off into space?

Only Time will tell!

swey

Postby swey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:19 am UTC

Haha hhe's such an overachiever, that berry is bigger than him, nicely done helperi

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:21 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
boozledorf wrote:

Up for hwæt?

I wasn't, but now I think I am, last I checked. I'll have to research this . . . .

Added: Yes, I am.
Last edited by KarMann on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:25 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:22 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:Oh and ic'd like to nominate HAL 9000 as well

Seconded.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:22 am UTC

All right, we have three! Me, bigcrag92, and KarMann. WOOT! Time to vote!

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:23 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:All right, we have three! Me, bigcrag92, and KarMann. WOOT! Thing that keeps slipping into the future to vote!

ok, how do we do this?

Lord Cathbad wrote:

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:26 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:All right, we have three! Me, bigcrag92, and KarMann. WOOT! Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the future to vote!

all correct, how do we do this?

I vote Helper!

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:26 am UTC

Wait, I'm not even clear, are we confirming more Cardinals, or electing Pope(s) now?
Last edited by KarMann on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:27 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:27 am UTC

I really hope we're approaching the next newpix.

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:27 am UTC

KarMann wrote:Wait, ic'm not even clear, be we confirming more Cardinal, or electing Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer(s) now?

Electing pope.

I vote helper.

Lord Cathbad wrote:

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:28 am UTC

Edit completely, I missed the list of nominees.

I vote for Helper.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 am UTC

KarMann wrote:ic vote for the goodest hat-wearer, Cardinal Buffygirl*FULL STOP

* doth it get capped when it be wield-did with an title? there be not much precedent.

Ladies and gentlemen of time.

The votes have now been counted, we are proud to announce the annointment of the first timewaiter pope : Pope Helper the first.

He will now be ordained by the newly promoted arch-cardinal Buffygirl, wearer of awesome hats.

Lord Cathbad wrote:

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 am UTC

SHE DIDN'T MOVE *cries*

Helper

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:31 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:

* doth it get capped when it be wield-did with an title? there be not much precedent.

Ladies and gentlemen of Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

The votes have now been counted, we be proud to announce the annointment of the first timewaiter Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer : Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer Helper the first.

He woll now be ordained by the newly promoted arch-cardinal Buffygirl, wearer of awesome hats.

wat.

ohmigerd you guise, I- :oops:

Wait. What does a pope do? And does it involve virgins?

NotThatHatGuy

Postby NotThatHatGuy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:32 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:Oh and ic'd like to nominate HAL 9000 as well

I think I just figured out why HAL 9000 is "not red"... Maybe I'm just slow?

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:33 am UTC

Helper wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the future.

The votes have now been counted, we be proud to announce the annointment of the first timewaiter Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer : Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer Helper the first.

He woll now be ordained by the newly promoted arch-cardinal Buffygirl, wearer of awesome hats.

wat.

ohmigerd eow guise, I- :oops:

Wait. hwæt doth an Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer do? And doth it involve virgins?
You get to dole out the virgins to your loyal subjects, but you must remain chaste for all your years as pope.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:33 am UTC

Helper wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the future.

wat.

ohmigerd eow guise, I- :oops:

Wait. hwæt doth an Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer do? And doth it involve virgins?

Well, clearly, among your duties is submission of questions to Our Lord Randall via What-If? And, some of the questions proposed do, indeed, involve virgins, so you're in luck.
Last edited by KarMann on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:39 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:33 am UTC

Looks like we still have longpix.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:34 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:Looks like we still have longpix.

I just hope it's not quadrupix.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”