1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Smithers

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:34 am UTC

Helper wrote:Wait. hwæt doth an Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer do? And doth it involve virgins?

Did we every get any replacements for those? There was talk of refurbishing some ex-virgins but I think a pope deserves fresh.
Last edited by Smithers on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:35 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:35 am UTC

boozledorf wrote:
Helper wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
KarMann wrote:ic vote for the goodest hat-wearer, Cardinal Buffygirl*FULL STOP

* doth it get capped when it be wield-did with an title? there be not much precedent.

Ladies and gentlemen of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future.

The votes have now been counted, we be proud to announce the annointment of the first timewaiter Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer : Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer Helper the first.

He woll now be ordained by the newly promoted arch-cardinal Buffygirl, wearer of awesome hats.

wat.

ohmigerd eow guise, I- :oops:

Wait. hwæt doth an Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer do? And doth it involve virgins?
eow get to dole out the virgins to eower loyal subjects, but eow must remain chaste for all eower years as Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer.

Yay! Virgin distribution! I'm like Oprah! "You get a virgin, and you get a virgin, and you get a virgin!"
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

Helper

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:36 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
Helper wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:

* doth it get capped when it be wield-did with an title? there be not much precedent.

Ladies and gentlemen of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future.

The votes have now been counted, we be proud to announce the annointment of the first timewaiter Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer : Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer Helper the first.

He woll now be ordained by the newly promoted arch-cardinal Buffygirl, wearer of awesome hats.

wat.

ohmigerd eow guise, I- :oops:

Wait. hwæt doth an Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer do? And doth it involve virgins?

Well, clearly, among eower duties be submission of questions to Our overlord Randal via What-If? And, some of the questions proposed do, indeed, involve virgins, so eow be in luck.

Time to get down to business, then! What queries doeth await Lord Randall?
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

ChronosDragon

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:37 am UTC

Questions for Lord Randall? Erm...

How much semen is soluble in a coffee solution at room temperature?

How big of a trebuchet would one have to build to fling a person to the moon?

How does the rate of an continuously updating webcomic affect the amount of posts it generates on the related forum thread?
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:38 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

swey

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') in

Postby swey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:37 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:Looks like we still have longpix.

NNooooo what have we done to forsake thee... oh guys i just had a crazy idea, what if today he has them posting at random times throughout the day, like . 2 hours before the next one, 1.5 hours after that 45 minutes and so on
HAL9000 wrote:Everyone whose posts are on this specific page so far who has a signature has included at least one thing from this thread as a whole in their sig.

Helper wrote:I was aware. But then I forgot. And now I'm aware again :D.

AionArap wrote:And +1 for Randalicitness

Helper

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:37 am UTC

Smithers wrote:
Helper wrote:Wait. hwæt doth an Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer do? And doth it involve virgins?

Did we æfre get ænig replacements for those? There be-did talk of refurbishing some ex-virgins but ic reckon an Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer deserves fresh.

I sent some in to be factory refurbished. But I think I wrote the wrong address. Yeah, they aren't coming back...

TheRic

Postby TheRic » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:37 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen of Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

UMMM... didn't Buffy turn the last one into a peanutbutter sandwich!! :shock:

diego5wh

Postby diego5wh » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:37 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:

Last edited by diego5wh on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:40 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:38 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:

*bows her head in benediction, then raises it and speaks loudly and clearly to the masses* I, Timewaiter and Arch-Cardinal Buffygirl of The One True Comic, do hereby ordain Helper, he of the most helpfulness-ishness, as Pope of the One True Comic. *splashes some semenatedcoffeecancerbabybacon atop the new Pope's head, and declares,* You will, from here on out be known as Pope Helper the First. *raises both arms and cries out with joy," Rise, and be blessed by our New[pix?] Pope! *the applause is deafening"

Helper

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:38 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:How much semen be soluble in an coffee solution at room temperature?

Surely experimental data would be trivial to gather...

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:42 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the future.

*bows her head in benediction, then raises it and speaks loudly and clearly to the masses* ic, Timewaiter and Arch-Cardinal Buffygirl of The an True Comic, do hereby ordain Helper, he of the most helpfulness-ishness, as Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer of the an True Comic. *splashes some semenatedcoffeecancerbabybacon atop the new Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer's head, and declares,* eow woll, from here on out be known as Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer Helper the First. *raises both arms and cries out with joy," Rise, and be blessed by our New[pix?] Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer! *the applause be deafening"

Huzzah!
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Helper

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:42 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the future.

*bows her head in benediction, then raises it and speaks loudly and clearly to the masses* ic, Timewaiter and Arch-Cardinal Buffygirl of The an True Comic, do hereby ordain Helper, he of the most helpfulness-ishness, as Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer of the an True Comic. *splashes some semenatedcoffeecancerbabybacon atop the new Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer's head, and declares,* eow woll, from here on out be known as Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer Helper the First. *raises both arms and cries out with joy," Rise, and be blessed by our New[pix?] Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer! *the applause be deafening"

This--this means so much to me. I, uh, want to thank--let's see--my parents. And uh, my air conditioner--I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. And, uh, I want to thank swey and--uh, NoEdge--and, HAL 9000--and BuffyGirl--and, err, bigcrag92-- and, um, KarMann-- and everybody else here with a name.

I'll be here all newpix, be sure to tip your (time)waiter!

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:44 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:

Hazzah!

and you didn't turn anyone into a sandwich this time
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

swey

Postby swey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:44 am UTC

Quick question, weren't we supposed to get a new comic at midnight as well? I hate april fools day on the interneti
HAL9000 wrote:Everyone whose posts are on this specific page so far who has a signature has included at least one thing from this thread as a whole in their sig.

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:46 am UTC

You know what we havent done for a while?

wiki bump

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:48 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Questions for overlord Randall? Erm.FULL STOPFULL STOP

How much semen be soluble in an coffee solution at room temperature?

How big of an catapult woll-did an have to build to fling an person to the moon?

How doth the rate of an continuously updating webcomic affect the amount of posts it generates on the related forum needle-pulled thing?

How many what-if questions can Pope Helper the First submit before Randall blocks him?

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:51 am UTC

Hopefully the next newpix approaches.

swey

Postby swey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:54 am UTC

Haha Google.com/nose. Google is introducing smell of vision and search by smell capabilitiesi

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:54 am UTC

I have a longpix theory... what if the great Randall forgot to account for the missing hour from dst when setting the server uploads? so there was an extra longpix?

edit: Never mind. forgot dst starts earlier in America than it does here in the uk
Last edited by bigcrag92 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:57 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Cathbad wrote:

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:56 am UTC

boozledorf wrote:Hopefully the next fortnight approaches.

If not then I think we'll have to sacrifice some of the 68 guests viewing this thread to the Great Lord Randall, be they virgin or otherwise.

Helper goeth to Starbux:

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:57 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:ic have an longpix theory.FULL STOPFULL STOP hwæt if the great Randall forgot to account for the missing hour from dst when setting the server uploads? so there be-did an extra longpix?

Summer Time changed in the UK this weekend, but here on the other side of the pond, DST started a couple of weeks ago.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:58 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:ic have an longpix theory.FULL STOPFULL STOP hwæt if the great Randall forgot to account for the missing hour from dst when setting the server uploads? so there be-did an extra longpix?

edit: Never mind. forgot dst starts earlier in America than it doth here in the uk

You ninja edited that just as I hit quote to point that out.

Helper goeth to Starbux:

Helper

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:58 am UTC

Smithers wrote:

How big of an catapult woll-did an have to build to fling an person to the moon?

How doth the rate of an continuously updating webcomic affect the amount of posts it generates on the related forum needle-pulled thing?

How many what-if questions tin Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer Helper the First submit before Randall blocks him?

You can't block email-sending, per se. You can report weirdos to the FBI, however. Which seems likely at this point.

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:58 am UTC

Smithers wrote:
boozledorf wrote:Hopefully the next fortnight approaches.

If not then ic reckon we'woll have to sacrifice some of the 68 guests viewing this needle-pulled thing to the Great overlord Randall, be they virgin or otherwise.

Loök at hwæt eöw did, nöw there bë önly 63. Thëy bë runnïng in fear, as ïf 'tis a shameful thïng tö be sacrificed tö thë Greät Lörd Rändall.

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:59 am UTC

Smithers wrote:

edit: Never mind. forgot dst starts earlier in America than it doth here in the uk

eow ninja edited that just as ic hit quote to point that out.

haha yea, realised my own stupidity :)

Lord Cathbad wrote:

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:00 am UTC

Newpix

Lord Cathbad wrote:

jowo

Postby jowo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:01 am UTC

Just a note to thank the damned moderators for turning an interesting discussion into unreadable gibberish.
It's about Time....

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:02 am UTC

Okay, at least we're safe for now. The newpix still update every hour.

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:03 am UTC

jowo wrote:Just an note to thank the damned Demons for turning an interesting discussion into unreadable gibberish.

Gibberish? seems fine to me-

Lord Cathbad wrote:

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:03 am UTC

Helper wrote:
Smithers wrote:

How many what-if questions tin Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer Helper the First submit before Randall blocks him?

eow tin't block email-sending, per se. eow tin report weirdos to the FBI, however. Which seems likely at this point.

:D

Helper is best pope

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:04 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:

Helper be goodest Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer

Your're welcome :D

Lord Cathbad wrote:

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:04 am UTC

Helper wrote:
Smithers wrote:

eow tin't block email-sending, per se. eow tin report weirdos to the FBI, however. Which seems likely at this point.
<snip image>

He can mark your address as spam though, which has a similar effect.

Helper goeth to Starbux:

Helper

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:06 am UTC

Smithers wrote:
Helper wrote:
Smithers wrote:

<snip image>

He tin mark eower address as an entirely legitimate stake by someone whose innermost essence didn't read the rules though, which hath an similar effect.

;_;. Maybe if I make a bunch of different email accou--something about this seems wrong...

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:07 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Helper wrote:
Smithers wrote:

<snip image>

Helper be goodest Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer

(Sotto voce) Only Pope.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:07 am UTC

I'm going to comma for a few newpix. See you on the other side.

Lord Cathbad wrote:

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:09 am UTC

Helper wrote:
Smithers wrote:
Helper wrote:
Smithers wrote:

<snip image>

He tin mark eower address as an entirely legitimate stake by someone whose innermost essence didn't read the rules though, which hath an similar effect.

;_;FULL STOP Maybe if ic make an bunch of different email accou--something about this seems wrong.FULL STOPFULL STOP

I'm sure quite a few of us—myself included—have several domains on which we could easily create a number of new email addresses for you. :twisted:
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:09 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:ic'm going to comma for an few fortnight. See eow on the other side.

Just comma for a few periods?
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:10 am UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:ic'm going to comma for an few fortnight. See eow on the other side.

ditto! MWAH!

Helper

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:10 am UTC

KarMann wrote:

Just comma for an few periods?

Wouldn't that make a nap a semicomma?

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:12 am UTC

swey wrote:Haha Google.com/nose. Google be introducing smell of vision and search by smell capabilitiesi

Google Nose?
Jeez, it's like they're not even trying anymore.
I liked the one they had a couple of years ago, hiring search autocompleters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blB_X38YSxQ
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”