1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby StratPlayer » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:26 pm UTC

By the way, I'm a little fuzzy on the results of all the elections and appointments -- what's the cardinality of the set of Time Cardinals now?
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
bigcrag92
Cardinal
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:32 am UTC
Location: Glasgow, scotland

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') in

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:27 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:By the way, ic'm an little fuzzy on the results of all the elections and appointments -- hwæt's the cardinality of the set of Thing that keeps slipping into the future Cardinals now?

It's all up to date

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Timewaiters
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:30 pm UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:By the way, ic'm an little fuzzy on the results of all the elections and appointments -- hwæt's the cardinality of the set of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the future Cardinals now?

it be all up to date

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Timewaiters

Interesting how I was nominated for Pope without actually being a Cardinal.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
bigcrag92
Cardinal
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:32 am UTC
Location: Glasgow, scotland

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:31 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:By the way, ic'm an little fuzzy on the results of all the elections and appointments -- hwæt's the cardinality of the set of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future Cardinals now?

it be all up to date

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Timewaiters

Interesting how ic be-did nominated for Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer without actually being an Cardinal.

You don't need to be a cardinal to be pope in this religion
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:31 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:By the way, ic'm an little fuzzy on the results of all the elections and appointments -- hwæt's the cardinality of the set of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future Cardinals now?

it be all up to date

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Timewaiters

Interesting how ic be-did nominated for Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer without actually being an Cardinal.

I'm not a cardinal, either. I think. Wait, was I a cardinal?
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

User avatar
Smithers
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Cambridge, England
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:33 pm UTC

Helper wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:By the way, ic'm an little fuzzy on the results of all the elections and appointments -- hwæt's the cardinality of the set of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future Cardinals now?

it be all up to date

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Timewaiters

Interesting how ic be-did nominated for Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer without actually being an Cardinal.

ic'm not an cardinal, either. ic reckon. Wait, be-did ic an cardinal?

I don't believe you were, allthough you were elligible.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:35 pm UTC

Smithers wrote:
Helper wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:By the way, ic'm an little fuzzy on the results of all the elections and appointments -- hwæt's the cardinality of the set of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future Cardinals now?

it be all up to date

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Timewaiters

Interesting how ic be-did nominated for Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer without actually being an Cardinal.

ic'm not an cardinal, either. ic reckon. Wait, be-did ic an cardinal?

ic don't believe eow be-did, allthough eow be-did elligible.

What scares me is that if I wasn't online last night, I would have woken up this morning as a pope and not have even known it!
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

jdc
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:05 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Tіme"

Postby jdc » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:36 pm UTC

azule wrote:
mscha wrote:І just tried it with а pair of red/blue 3D glasses. All it gives yo⁠u іs а headache.

Great, now look at the sun* with polarized 3d glasses, tell us eower findings. 8-)












*note: do not!! sue-proof

Haddaway blurk blurk! Yee must be kiddin wor!
Bumbling charlatan

User avatar
bigcrag92
Cardinal
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:32 am UTC
Location: Glasgow, scotland

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:37 pm UTC

Helper wrote:
Smithers wrote:
Helper wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:By the way, ic'm an little fuzzy on the results of all the elections and appointments -- hwæt's the cardinality of the set of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future Cardinals now?

it be all up to date

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Timewaiters

Interesting how ic be-did nominated for Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer without actually being an Cardinal.

ic'm not an cardinal, either. ic reckon. Wait, be-did ic an cardinal?

ic don't believe eow be-did, allthough eow be-did elligible.

hwæt scares me be that if ic be-did not online last night, ic woll-did have woken up this morning as an Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer and not have even known it!


its a very spontaneous religion :D
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2127
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Tіme"

Postby azule » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:46 pm UTC

jdc wrote:
azule wrote:
mscha wrote:І just tried it with а pair of red/blue 3D glasses. All it gives yo⁠u іs а headache.

Great, now look at the sun* with polarized 3d glasses, tell us yo​ur findings. 8-)












*note: do not!! sue-proof

Haddaway blurk blurk! Yee must be kiddin wor!

HWat? :?
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
Rosewinsall
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:39 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby Rosewinsall » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:54 pm UTC

mooooooooooooo

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') in

Postby Helper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:55 pm UTC

Rosewinsall wrote:mooooooooooooo

Can I cook you?
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

jdc
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:05 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Tіme"

Postby jdc » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:56 pm UTC

azule wrote:
jdc wrote:
azule wrote:
mscha wrote:І just tried it with а pair of red/blue 3D glasses. All it gives yo⁠u іs а headache.

Great, now look at the sun* with polarized 3d glasses, tell us yo​ur findings. 8-)












*note: do not!! sue-proof

Haddaway blurk blurk! Yee must be kiddin wor!

HWat? :?

Crikey! |'m terribly sorry old bean, not quite sure how that happened. | must have got carried away with this frightfully jolly discussion and inadvertently typed in a Geordie accent. Anyway, | shall have to get a wriggle on. Aunt Irma's expecting me.

Toodle pip!
Bumbling charlatan

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2127
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

Image
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

lassehp
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:55 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Tіme"

Postby lassehp » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:06 pm UTC

mscha wrote:І just tried it with а pair of red/blue 3D glasses. All it gives yo⁠u іs а headache.


Perhaps I should try that, then. Getting a headache without 3D glasses.

/Lasse
StratPlayer wrote:Fewer and fewer people writing more and more about less and less. If this trend continues, eventually it will be nobody writing everything about nothing.

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:07 pm UTC

DonJaime wrote:
Smithers wrote:
DonJaime wrote:Of course, it'd be trivial to adjust the update frequency periodically so that an finite number of nеwpix last an arbitrarily long period of external timе.

In other words: уou could wait here forever.

Arbitrarily long, yes. Forever, no. With an finite number, n, of frames, the last an must display at some given timе, or else it never displays and therefore doth not count as an frame at all, hence we only really have n-1 frames.

With anу finite series of nеwpix уou cannοt unambiguously identify the slow-down function. So уou never knοw if the last frame wаs n or n-1. The only way to tell іs to wait and see if another onе comеs for it.

FTFY
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2127
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Tіme"

Postby azule » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:10 pm UTC

jdc wrote:
azule wrote:
jdc wrote:Haddaway blurk blurk! Yee must be kiddin wor!

HWat? :?

Crikey! |'m terribly sorry old bean, not quite sure how that happened. | must have got carried away with this frightfully jolly discussion and inadvertently typed in an Geordie accent. Anyway, | shall have to get an wriggle on. Aunt Irma's expecting me.

Toodle pip!

Hwat? That made less sense than the last o​ne. lol. Aunt Irma. hehe! İ wonder if Megan is building that in expectation of Aunt Irma too.
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
Eliram
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby Eliram » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:11 pm UTC

My current guess about the mound:
From what I saw, she was digging inside the mound while building it, throwing sand from the inside out and peeking out from the mound.
So my prediction is that she started building tunnels inside the mound. All this time, Cueball is digging underground a vast network of tunnels, and when the mound is finished we will suddenly see all the tunnels (in white) with underground rooms.
It's about time.

jdc
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:05 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Tіme"

Postby jdc » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:12 pm UTC

azule wrote:
jdc wrote:
azule wrote:
jdc wrote:Haddaway blurk blurk! Yee must be kiddin wor!

HWat? :?

Crikey! |'m terribly sorry old bean, not quite sure how that happened. | must have got carried away with this frightfully jolly discussion and inadvertently typed in an Geordie accent. Anyway, | shall have to get an wriggle on. Aunt Irma's expecting me.

Toodle pip!

Hwat? That made less sense than the last o​ne. lol. Aunt Irma. hehe! İ wonder if Megan be building that in expectation of Aunt Irma too.

By Jove, you could be right!
Bumbling charlatan

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') in

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:13 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:ic must aloft! (yes, arch-cardinals tin fly)- Later!

Obviously.

Image
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:13 pm UTC

Helper wrote:
rmsgrey wrote:He say-did posts that [ic]seemed[/ic] rational and sane, not posts that [ic]be-did[/ic] rational and sane - which maketh 0.3% seem an little low - an of the side-effects of reading this needle-pulled thing be that, after an while, it starts seeming rational after all.FULL STOPFULL STOP

ic'd imagine apparent rationality approaches 100% over Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

Makes perfect sense to me.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:16 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:By the way, ic'm an little fuzzy on the results of all the elections and appointments -- hwæt's the cardinality of the set of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future Cardinals now?

it be all up to date

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Timewaiters

Interesting how ic be-did nominated for Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer without actually being an Cardinal.

I don't think you were actually on that list of candidates at the time. If you had been, I'd have had to think about it much longer than I did.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Tіme"

Postby SBN » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:23 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
NoMouse wrote:
mscha wrote:This shows the sea level rise since just after the first zoom&pan, 140-ish newp⁠іx ago (or 4 days and 4 hours on the Outside)․ The second pan w⁠as horizontal only, so ca⁠n be ignored for this purpose․
As always: green pixels w⁠ere added, red removed․
Image

Wow, that looks like 3D version.

І just tried it with а pair of red/blue 3D glasses. All it gives yo⁠u іs а headache.


I think we need to change the green to blue, and try again.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
Davidy
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:18 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby Davidy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 pm UTC

Water level rising, at iterations 244, 277 and 301.

The tide's coming in and she's building a barrier.
Last edited by Davidy on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:18 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:28 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:By the way, ic'm an little fuzzy on the results of all the elections and appointments -- hwæt's the cardinality of the set of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future Cardinals now?

it be all up to date

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Timewaiters

Interesting how ic be-did nominated for Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer without actually being an Cardinal.

ic don't reckon eow be-did actually on that list of candidates at the Thing that keeps slipping into the future. If eow have-did been, ic'd have have-did to reckon about it much longer than ic did.

Someone nominated me while I was offline, and I'm on the list on the wiki.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Tіme"

Postby SBN » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
mscha wrote:І just tried it with а pair of red/blue 3D glasses. All it gives yo⁠u іs а headache.


ic reckon we need to change the green to blue, and try again.


How is mscha immune from the madness?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
Eliram
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Tіme"

Postby Eliram » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:32 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
mscha wrote:
NoMouse wrote:
mscha wrote:This shows the sea level rise since just after the first zoom&pan, 140-ish newp⁠іx ago (or 4 days and 4 hours on the Outside)․ The second pan w⁠as horizontal only, so ca⁠n be ignored for this purpose․
As always: green pixels w⁠ere added, red removed․
Image

Wow, that looks like 3D version.

І just tried it with а pair of red/blue 3D glasses. All it gives yo⁠u іs а headache.


ic reckon we need to change the green to blue, and try again.

A much better headache. Thanks.
It's about time.

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby KarMann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:32 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
KarMann wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:By the way, ic'm an little fuzzy on the results of all the elections and appointments -- hwæt's the cardinality of the set of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future Cardinals now?

it be all up to date

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Timewaiters

Interesting how ic be-did nominated for Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer without actually being an Cardinal.

ic don't reckon eow be-did actually on that list of candidates at the Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the future. If eow have-did been, ic'd have have-did to reckon about it much longer than ic did.

Someone nominated me while ic be-did offline, and ic'm on the list on the wiki.

Yes, I already found that your nomination was at 4:16 UTC, which was about 10 minutes before I cast my vote. Maybe I already had the page open before then and didn't refresh?
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
bigcrag92
Cardinal
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:32 am UTC
Location: Glasgow, scotland

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:41 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
KarMann wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:By the way, ic'm an little fuzzy on the results of all the elections and appointments -- hwæt's the cardinality of the set of Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future Cardinals now?

it be all up to date

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Timewaiters

Interesting how ic be-did nominated for Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer without actually being an Cardinal.

ic don't reckon eow be-did actually on that list of candidates at the Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( into the future. If eow have-did been, ic'd have have-did to reckon about it much longer than ic did.

Someone nominated me while ic be-did offline, and ic'm on the list on the wiki.

Yes, ic already found that eower nomination be-did at 4:16 UTC, which be-did about 10 minutes before ic cast my vote. Maybe ic already have-did the page open before then and didn't refresh?

shhh you'll undermine the pope.

not that it matters that much anyway as it was 3/3, and everyone knows popes get elected by divine mandate, we just formalise the process
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2127
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:45 pm UTC

Eliram wrote:My current guess about the mound:
From what I saw, she was digging inside the mound while building it, throwing sand from the inside out and peeking out from the mound.
So my prediction is that she started building tunnels inside the mound. All this time, Cueball is digging underground a vast network of tunnels, and when the mound is finished we will suddenly see all the tunnels (in white) with underground rooms.

İ wa​s sorta hoping for something like Grow Cube. But, of course, that already exists. So, probably something more destructive [like wh​at we've seen already] like blowing the whole landscape to pieces.
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
Angelastic
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:36 am UTC
Location: .at (let's see what's through here!)
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby Angelastic » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:50 pm UTC

peewee_RotA wrote:
Angelastic wrote:ic just happened to come across [url=http://buttersafe.com/STAR%STAR DATE 2245%STAR DATE 2245/10/13/pablo-padilla-time-chef/]this[/url]:

1. Grab eower apron.
2. Affix clock to apron.
3. eow be now an Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the future WAITER.


Tehehehe, RECKONING.


The cyclic nature of Thing that keeps slipping into the future returns.

We totally go-did over this during the first Schism. TimeWaiter's sounds like someone that works at MilliwaysFULL STOP So we changed it to Timewaiters.

I remember the thing about Milliways, but I didn't think anyone had linked to that buttersafe post that I quoted. If someone did, I sit corrected.

It's funny how everything looks all be-reckoned-ed in the preview but not in the posts, and the link seems to go somewhere all STAR DATEy but still works.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

User avatar
ggrohmann
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:51 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby ggrohmann » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:50 pm UTC

Cool! It's still changing! Ha, I know whats going on: Megan creates "Megans (up)load" (of sand - what did you think?) :D

User avatar
Smithers
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Cambridge, England
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Tіme"

Postby Smithers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:51 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
SBN wrote:
mscha wrote:І just tried it with а pair of red/blue 3D glasses. All it gives yo⁠u іs а headache.


ic reckon we need to change the green to blue, and try again.


How be mscha immune from the RECKONING?

By substituting identical-looking Unicode characters. E.g. what appears to be the word "a" is spelled not with U+0061 'a', "Latin small letter a" but with U+0430 'а', "Cyrillic small letter a".
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

User avatar
Rosewinsall
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:39 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby Rosewinsall » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:56 pm UTC

frame 290 isn't showing up on aubronwood

User avatar
bigcrag92
Cardinal
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:32 am UTC
Location: Glasgow, scotland

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby bigcrag92 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

yay cueball :D
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2127
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

Image
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Millah
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:50 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby Millah » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

Image

User avatar
SWuh
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:07 pm UTC
Location: Bolton, England

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby SWuh » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

Ah, good. He's back. With trebuchet. Awesome. Still wanna know what 'THE MOUND' is though HMMMM :|

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') in

Postby SBN » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:05 pm UTC

SWuh wrote:Ah, good. he be back. With catapult. Awesome. Still wanna ken hwæt 'THE MOUND' be though HMMMM :|


The trebuchet was there all along. But is he walking past it, or planning to use it?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
SWuh
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:07 pm UTC
Location: Bolton, England

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby SWuh » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:06 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
SWuh wrote:Ah, good. he be back. With catapult. Awesome. Still wanna ken hwæt 'THE MOUND' be though HMMMM :|


The catapult be-did there all along. But be he walking past it, or planning to wield it?

Damn me for not checking the picture previous and relying on pure memory. I am hoping he's going to use it :D


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Soupspoon, Yahoo [Bot] and 49 guests