1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:29 am UTC

AionArap wrote:
azule wrote:Your hat's the same as the last one. also, why would we burn them? BURN ALL THE HATS!


The last one was green. ish

Oh. Fine, you win. *slumps off*
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:30 am UTC

azule wrote:
AionArap wrote:
azule wrote:Your hat's the same as the last one. also, why would we burn them? BURN ALL THE HATS!


The last one was green. ish

Oh. Fine, you win. *slumps off*


Yay. Do I get a prize?
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
buffygirl
Cardinal
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm UTC
Location: BuffyDashery closed.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby buffygirl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:34 am UTC

AionArap wrote:
buffygirl wrote:My next hat! [I call this AionArap-Red Hat]
Previous Hats:
Spoiler:
ImageRoundcap Hat ImageBaseball Hat ImageBorgias-1 Hat
ImageCowboy Hat ImageAionArap-Green Hat ImageAionArap-Red Hat
500full-forhat3-ALL HATS-from-AionArap-red-smlr2.jpg


Nice, but didn't you have a second borgias hat as well? Messed up the attachments again?

Yep. Here it is!
ImageBorgias-2 Hat

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby KarMann » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:41 am UTC

azule wrote:Your hat's the same as the last one. also, why would we burn them? BURN ALL THE HATS!

Stone him! Stone the heretic!

What? This isn't #505? OK, then, sand the heretic!

Edit: URLify it
Last edited by KarMann on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:42 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
buffygirl
Cardinal
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm UTC
Location: BuffyDashery closed.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby buffygirl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:42 am UTC

Smithers wrote:
Smithers wrote:And calling yourself a 'timewatcher cardinal'.

I never did it!
buffygirl wrote:Thank you, I accept. I am now Timewatcher Cardinal Buffygirl. Yay me!

Uhhh ...

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:46 am UTC

AionArap wrote:Yay. Do I get a prize?

Um... Here's a *cookie.










*Not for oral consumption.
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
Smithers
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Cambridge, England
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Smithers » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:50 am UTC

azule wrote:
AionArap wrote:Yay. Do I get a prize?

Um... Here's a *cookie.










*Not for oral consumption.

http://dawnchapel.com/2010/07/firefox-has-crashed/
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

bulova
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:50 am UTC
Location: Madison, Wisconsin

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby bulova » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:52 am UTC

macraw83 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
bulova wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:penis


Yes, I do have one.


So do I, on occasion.


Where do you put it? ... and I dare ask, when in use, and when in storage...


I can't help but think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUk08iYZKE


I hadn't heard that one :o . I'm of a different generation, I guess.

User avatar
Smithers
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Cambridge, England
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Smithers » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:54 am UTC

bulova wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
bulova wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:penis


Yes, I do have one.


So do I, on occasion.


Where do you put it? ... and I dare ask, when in use, and when in storage...


I can't help but think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUk08iYZKE


I hadn't heard that one :o . I'm of a different generation, I guess.

http://jephjacques.com/post/1023303066/dicks-preposition-me
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

User avatar
Smithers
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Cambridge, England
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Smithers » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:05 am UTC

Image
Be he giving the tower breasts?
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2164
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:07 am UTC

Smithers wrote:Image
Be he giving the tower breasts?


They have some resemblance. Not as much as his arches had.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
buffygirl
Cardinal
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm UTC
Location: BuffyDashery closed.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby buffygirl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:10 am UTC

macraw83 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
bulova wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:penis


Yes, I do have one.


So do I, on occasion.


Where do you put it? ... and I dare ask, when in use, and when in storage...


I can't help but think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUk08iYZKE

LURVE that song!!

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby KarMann » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:13 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
bulova wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:penis


Yes, I do have one.

So do I, on occasion.

Where do you put it? ... and I dare ask, when in use, and when in storage...

I can't help but think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUk08iYZKE

LURVE that song!!

I'm at work, so I'd rather not play it just now, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that someone finally referenced the song "Detachable Penis"? I was going to bring that up, myself.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
macraw83
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Present (L:13)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby macraw83 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:16 am UTC

bulova wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
bulova wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:penis


Yes, I do have one.


So do I, on occasion.


Where do you put it? ... and I dare ask, when in use, and when in storage...


I can't help but think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUk08iYZKE


I hadn't heard that one :o . I'm of a different generation, I guess.


What generation might that be?

The song came out in 1991ish, when I was merely a toddler, but I have heard it on the radio a handful of times within the last decade or so.

buffygirl wrote:LURVE that song!!

Of course, you, of all people, would like it.

KarMann wrote:I'm at work, so I'd rather not play it just now, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that someone finally referenced the song "Detachable Penis"? I was going to bring that up, myself.

Yep. That'd be me.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

User avatar
buffygirl
Cardinal
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm UTC
Location: BuffyDashery closed.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby buffygirl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:30 am UTC

newhat
Spoiler:
500full-forhat3-ALL HATS-from-AionArap-red-flames-smlr.jpg
Hat on fire :( I'm being oppressed!
500full-forhat3-ALL HATS-from-AionArap-red-flames-smlr.jpg (6.38 KiB) Viewed 10746 times

download/file.php?id=35520

EDITS related to getting the right image!
Last edited by buffygirl on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:10 am UTC, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby KarMann » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:33 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:newhat

That's hot.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
htom
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:13 am UTC
Location: Twin Cities, MN, USA

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby htom » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:38 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:newhat

That's hot.

On fire!
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

bulova
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:50 am UTC
Location: Madison, Wisconsin

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby bulova » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:39 am UTC

macraw83 wrote:
bulova wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
bulova wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:penis


Yes, I do have one.


So do I, on occasion.


Where do you put it? ... and I dare ask, when in use, and when in storage...


I can't help but think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUk08iYZKE


I hadn't heard that one :o . I'm of a different generation, I guess.


What generation might that be?

The song came out in 1991ish, when I was merely a toddler, but I have heard it on the radio a handful of times within the last decade or so.

buffygirl wrote:LURVE that song!!

Of course, you, of all people, would like it.

KarMann wrote:I'm at work, so I'd rather not play it just now, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that someone finally referenced the song "Detachable Penis"? I was going to bring that up, myself.

Yep. That'd be me.


In 1991 ish, I had two toddlers of my own plus a 13 year old daughter --I hope no one in our home was listening to detachable penis songs.

User avatar
Kieryn
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm UTC
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kieryn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:41 am UTC

Just did an analysis of the average fluid level of the right-most 80 pixel columns since NP 191.
There is some inaccuracy due to the floating point math i used, but it's close enough to visualize what's going on.

(Spoiler: level up to newpix 647 is displayed)
Spoiler:
Image

Edit: the h-scale is exaggerated by a factor of 10.
Last edited by Kieryn on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:53 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

User avatar
buffygirl
Cardinal
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm UTC
Location: BuffyDashery closed.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby buffygirl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:41 am UTC

macraw83 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:LURVE that song!!

Of course, you, of all people, would like it.

THBBBT!!

User avatar
buffygirl
Cardinal
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm UTC
Location: BuffyDashery closed.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby buffygirl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:41 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:newhat

That's hawt.

FTFY

User avatar
macraw83
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Present (L:13)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby macraw83 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:43 am UTC

bulova wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
bulova wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
bulova wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:penis


Yes, I do have one.


So do I, on occasion.


Where do you put it? ... and I dare ask, when in use, and when in storage...


I can't help but think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUk08iYZKE


I hadn't heard that one :o . I'm of a different generation, I guess.


What generation might that be?

The song came out in 1991ish, when I was merely a toddler, but I have heard it on the radio a handful of times within the last decade or so.

buffygirl wrote:LURVE that song!!

Of course, you, of all people, would like it.

KarMann wrote:I'm at work, so I'd rather not play it just now, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that someone finally referenced the song "Detachable Penis"? I was going to bring that up, myself.

Yep. That'd be me.


In 1991 ish, I had two toddlers of my own plus a 13 year old daughter --I hope no one in our home was listening to detachable penis songs.


Haha, fair enough.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

User avatar
macraw83
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Present (L:13)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby macraw83 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:52 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:LURVE that song!!

Of course, you, of all people, would like it.

THBBBT!!


I am very sorry, I meant no great offense, your Cardinalship.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2164
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:57 am UTC

So, what's everyone think Megan is up to now? Building more castles? Looking at the river? Waiting?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
Kieryn
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm UTC
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kieryn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:00 am UTC

Newpix 336

Image
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

boozledorf
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:54 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby boozledorf » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:06 am UTC

Unless I miscounted, this should actually be Newpix 335.

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1848
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:09 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:Just did an analysis of the average fluid level of the right-most 80 pixel columns since NP 191.
There is some inaccuracy due to the floating point math i used, but it's close enough to visualize what's going on.

Image

Edit: the h-scale is exaggerated by a factor of 10.


That's quite impressive, what'd you use to do that?
Image

mattiep
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:26 pm UTC
Location: no where special

Re: 1190: "Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby mattiep » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:18 am UTC

mattiep wrote:I think she's doing some Mount Rushmore type thing in the middle there.


There is a head on top of the center thing. This is clearly 1/4 of Mount Rushmore, therefore I claim victory.

User avatar
Kieryn
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm UTC
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kieryn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:25 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Just did an analysis of the average fluid level of the right-most 80 pixel columns since NP 191.
There is some inaccuracy due to the floating point math i used, but it's close enough to visualize what's going on.

(Spoiler: level up to newpix 647 is displayed)
Spoiler:
Image

Edit: the h-scale is exaggerated by a factor of 10.


That's quite impressive, what'd you use to do that?


Thanks -- just used blitz3d, an old directx graphics wrapper. Same thing i used to do this: http://kieryn.com/xkcd-time/
Going to bed for now. Wait for it.
Last edited by Kieryn on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:52 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

User avatar
htom
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:13 am UTC
Location: Twin Cities, MN, USA

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby htom » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:45 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Just did an analysis of the average fluid level of the right-most 80 pixel columns since NP 191.
There is some inaccuracy due to the floating point math i used, but it's close enough to visualize what's going on.

Image

Edit: the h-scale is exaggerated by a factor of 10.


That's quite impressive, what'd you use to do that?


Thanks -- just used blitz3d, an old directx graphics wrapper. Same thing i used to do this: http://kieryn.com/xkcd-time/
Going to bed for now. Wait for it.


Well, either the tide is not rising on a sinusoidal curve, it's not a tide (maybe a flood), or it is a tide and we can use the heights to make a clock.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2164
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:47 am UTC

boozledorf wrote:Unless I miscounted, this should actually be Newpix 335.


Right, but it currently shows as frame 336 in The Book of Aubron. There is a blank frame 290. (When the people mourned for the wait between newpix did not decrease with the ending of the Outsider weekend.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
Smithers
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Cambridge, England
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Smithers » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:55 am UTC

SBN wrote:
boozledorf wrote:Unless I miscounted, this should actually be Newpix 335.


Right, but it currently shows as frame 336 in The Book of Aubron. There is a blank frame 290. (When the people mourned for the wait between newpix did not decrease with the ending of the Outsider weekend.)

Alas, as are all things in the world of outsiders, the Book of Aubron be an imperfect reflection of the flow of time, although it be closer than most.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

User avatar
Moose Anus
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:12 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Moose Anus » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:56 am UTC

I'd like to trebuchet YOUR sand castle!
Lemonade? ...Aww, ok.

User avatar
KuwabatakeSanjuro
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby KuwabatakeSanjuro » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:57 am UTC

Wraithlord wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
KarMann wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Giallo wrote:Wow. ic have been away for something like 100 fortnight, and there be 80 new pages to this needle-pulled thing. ic woll never be able to read it all.FULL STOPFULL STOP tin someone enlighten me on the current topics of discussion?

Helper be Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer of the Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the futurewatchersWaiters.
Buffygirl (an cardinal) may-did be possessed, or may-did just be hat/voting-crazed.

FTFY, heretic.

Sorry, ic just consider myself an Initiate of Thing that keeps slipping into the future.


Initiates of Time are fine, and the TimeWaiters are fine, but the TimeWatchers are nothing more than small-minded heretics. Do not forget the distinction.

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

Wraithlord, the Anti-Pope


All this trouble over trying to combine Wait with -er (suffix for designating people around an object/action). What if we used an alternative suffix? Like, a Time Waiteer. Like a pioneer, but for waiting. Also, it sounds like you are saying 'wait here', which is kinda funny. :idea:
(Waitier just sounds like something is heavier, and Waityer is enh.)
We have seen the Castles / We reject the Outside / We do not Sleep / We watch Time / We wait for it.

We await you, Blitzgirl! Travel on through the messages of the past. We wait for it and we wait for you to join us.

User avatar
Smithers
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Cambridge, England
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Smithers » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:01 am UTC

Moose Anus wrote:I'd like to trebuchet YOUR sand castle!

Well I'd like to rebuild a large mound in its place, about which many forum visitors will suggest incorrect theories as to its purpose, until someone else takes over the building and then I depart to the left of the set.
I'm not doing too well at this 'snappy comeback' lark, am I?
Image
Last edited by Smithers on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby KarMann » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:02 am UTC

htom wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Just did an analysis of the average fluid level of the right-most 80 pixel columns since NP 191.
There is some inaccuracy due to the floating point math i used, but it's close enough to visualize what's going on.

Image

Edit: the h-scale is exaggerated by a factor of 10.

That's quite impressive, what'd you use to do that?

Thanks -- just used blitz3d, an old directx graphics wrapper. Same thing i used to do this: http://kieryn.com/xkcd-time/
Going to bed for now. Wait for it.

Well, either the tide is not rising on a sinusoidal curve, it's not a tide (maybe a flood), or it is a tide and we can use the heights to make a clock.

Or the time within the One True Comic is passing at different rates between NewPices, which might necessitate some form of Theory of Relativity.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2164
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:03 am UTC

KuwabatakeSanjuro wrote:All this trouble over trying to combine Wait with -er (suffix for designating people around an object/action). What if we used an alternative suffix? Like, a Time Waiteer. Like a pioneer, but for waiting. Also, it sounds like you are saying 'wait here', which is kinda funny. :idea:
(Waitier just sounds like something is heavier, and Waityer is enh.)


Oh, sure. We're how many periods in and Now you show up with the voice of reason? A week ago we'd have made you at least a Cardinal for that.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1848
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:03 am UTC

Smithers wrote:
Moose Anus wrote:I'd like to trebuchet YOUR sand castle!

Well I'd like to rebuild a large mound in its place, about which many forum visitors will suggest incorrect theories as to its purpose, until someone else takes over the building and then I depart to the left of the set.
I'm not doing too well at this 'snappy comeback' lark, am I?
Image


He seems to be continuing to mound the mound. Also quoted for new page.
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:04 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin'( in

Postby KarMann » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:04 am UTC

KuwabatakeSanjuro wrote:
Wraithlord wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
KarMann wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Giallo wrote:Wow. ic have been away for something like 100 fortnight, and there be 80 new pages to this needle-pulled thing. ic woll never be able to read it all.FULL STOPFULL STOP tin someone enlighten me on the current topics of discussion?

Helper be Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer of the Thing that keeps slippin' (slippin', slippin') into the futurewatchersWaiters.
Buffygirl (an cardinal) may-did be possessed, or may-did just be hat/voting-crazed.

FTFY, heretic.

Sorry, ic just consider myself an Initiate of Thing that keeps slipping into the future.

Initiates of Time are fine, and the TimeWaiters are fine, but the TimeWatchers are nothing more than small-minded heretics. Do not forget the distinction.

Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu!

Wraithlord, the Anti-Pope

All this trouble over trying to combine Wait with -er (suffix for designating people around an object/action). What if we used an alternative suffix? Like, a Time Waiteer. Like a pioneer, but for waiting. Also, it sounds like you are saying 'wait here', which is kinda funny. :idea:
(Waitier just sounds like something is heavier, and Waityer is enh.)

But, do pioneers really pion??
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
htom
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:13 am UTC
Location: Twin Cities, MN, USA

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby htom » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:06 am UTC

He's working on the feet, there are the breasts, the head ... it's a sarcophagus! He's entombed Megan!
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], da Doctah, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher and 23 guests