1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby bigcrag92 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:17 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Exodies wrote:
AionArap wrote:Image

Why do you keep interrupting this discussion with your cheesy cartoons?

But but but... I love cheese.

Who could love cheese when the alternative is giant gambas roasted in butter, garlic and pastis?

yes please, with a white wine.
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

9hili9

Postby 9hili9 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:25 pm UTC

rmsgrey wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Foarm wrote:
kryton wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Foarm wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
KarMann wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Dracomax wrote:Also, it has been shown that it is possible for a creator to have set up initial conditions and a script an algorithm that continues the drawing with the expectation of bringing us to this point. I call this the intelligent design theory. It makes far more sense than the "random pixel evol.ution theory) and doesn't require the active attention of the Randall, who is free then to create other, lesser comics.

So you're saying that this 'creator' was there at the beginning of time, but is no longer needed? Kind of like everything was created in that moment of the initial 'Big GONG' or 'Big BONG'?

And there's no way to tell, because if this creator did, in fact exist, he isn't talking to us.

Hmmmm....

Well, I kind of like your Big BONG theory.

But it does beg the questions: Who or what created the creator and what existed before the beginning of Time?

Everyone knows you can't prove the creator exists, you have to take it as a matter of FAITH

Perhaps a group of us should look into this. Call it the Congregation for the Doctrine of Temporal Faith, or something. Nobody would expect that.

Are you suggesting we form some type of inquisition? because if you are, I want to be grand high inquisitor.

Bring out the torture devices!

Shall we start with the soft pillows, or go right to the comfy chair?

Added: We do need a Cardinal Biggles, don't we?

Cardinal Biggles and Cardinal Fang, bring forth the comfy chair and the soft pillows

Cost me a bit of youtubing to get the idea of the soft pillows and the comfy chair.
I guess I missed something in my education...

Sheesh! Just what kind of crappe are they teaching you in school these days? Monty Python is an ESSENTIAL part of every education!!!

Our chief weapon is fear, fear and surprise.

Nobody Everybody expects the Monty Python reference!

... As long as it's the Spanish Inquisition and not the Hungarian Phrasebook. Ironic :D

Foarm

Postby Foarm » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:25 pm UTC

higgs-boson wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Foarm wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:<snip>
*It wasn't me naming it "Big BONG Theory".
**1y =~ 17500 newpix. Which is funny, since we are refering to a epoch*** before the beginning of Time.
***Is does not feel right to name something before the beginning of Time "Epoch", since there is a significant lack of Time.****
****Time will tell. We wait for it.

I like it when footnotes need more footnotes to explain themselves. It makes me think of Terry Pratchett.

When that happens, I start to expect them to start arguing.*

*because that's exactly what footnotes are for**
**Speak for yourself. This footnote is argumentative***
***This isn't an argument****
****Yes it isT
T No it isn't. It's just contradiction.TT
TTand so on.

Is there any Eysenck* approved minimum IQ one living must have not to be caught in looped (or recursive) footnotes?

*Hans Jürgen Eysenck - German/British psychologist**, 1916 - 1997.
**Psychologists are people who claim to be able to understand mental processes of other people. Famous examples are Freud, or Eysenck*.

Being caught in looped (or recursive) footnotes probably requires a certain minimum IQ to understand the process of using footnotes (recursively)...
squonk wrote:Looks like you grossly underestimated the passing of time.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:30 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:

*Gulp*

Clearly my misguided, heretical, falsely-enlightened thoughts have angered the Randall. The One True Comic is threatening me with the sign of the beast.

I rescind my evil ways and re-devote myself to the One True Comic.

I Wait For It!

Oh crap. The creator of that sign died of cancer, you know what that means right?
Dun-dun-duuunnn.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

Foarm

Postby Foarm » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:30 pm UTC

9hili9 wrote:
rmsgrey wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Foarm wrote:
kryton wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Foarm wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
KarMann wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Dracomax wrote:Also, it has been shown that it is possible for a creator to have set up initial conditions and a script an algorithm that continues the drawing with the expectation of bringing us to this point. I call this the intelligent design theory. It makes far more sense than the "random pixel evol.ution theory) and doesn't require the active attention of the Randall, who is free then to create other, lesser comics.

So you're saying that this 'creator' was there at the beginning of time, but is no longer needed? Kind of like everything was created in that moment of the initial 'Big GONG' or 'Big BONG'?

And there's no way to tell, because if this creator did, in fact exist, he isn't talking to us.

Hmmmm....

Well, I kind of like your Big BONG theory.

But it does beg the questions: Who or what created the creator and what existed before the beginning of Time?

Everyone knows you can't prove the creator exists, you have to take it as a matter of FAITH

Perhaps a group of us should look into this. Call it the Congregation for the Doctrine of Temporal Faith, or something. Nobody would expect that.

Are you suggesting we form some type of inquisition? because if you are, I want to be grand high inquisitor.

Bring out the torture devices!

Shall we start with the soft pillows, or go right to the comfy chair?

Added: We do need a Cardinal Biggles, don't we?

Cardinal Biggles and Cardinal Fang, bring forth the comfy chair and the soft pillows

Cost me a bit of youtubing to get the idea of the soft pillows and the comfy chair.
I guess I missed something in my education...

Sheesh! Just what kind of crappe are they teaching you in school these days? Monty Python is an ESSENTIAL part of every education!!!

Our chief weapon is fear, fear and surprise.

Nobody Everybody expects the Monty Python reference!

... As long as it's the Spanish Inquisition and not the Hungarian Phrasebook. Ironic :D

Now I get the eels and the hovercraft... *hangs head in shame*

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:32 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:

*Gulp*

Clearly my misguided, heretical, falsely-enlightened thoughts have angered the Randall. The One True Comic is threatening me with the sign of the beast.

I Wait For It!

Oh crap. The creator of that sign died of cancer, you know what that means right?
Dun-dun-duuunnn.

That the creator of that sign had cancer?
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:35 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:

*Gulp*

I Wait For It!

Dun-dun-duuunnn.

Man, you need to refine your "extrapolating wild speculations" skills.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:36 pm UTC

Foarm wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Foarm wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:<snip>
*It wasn't me naming it "Big BONG Theory".
**1y =~ 17500 newpix. Which is funny, since we are refering to a epoch*** before the beginning of Time.
***Is does not feel right to name something before the beginning of Time "Epoch", since there is a significant lack of Time.****
****Time will tell. We wait for it.

I like it when footnotes need more footnotes to explain themselves. It makes me think of Terry Pratchett.

When that happens, I start to expect them to start arguing.*

*because that's exactly what footnotes are for**
**Speak for yourself. This footnote is argumentative***
***This isn't an argument****
****Yes it isT
T No it isn't. It's just contradiction.TT
TTand so on.

Is there any Eysenck* approved minimum IQ one living must have not to be caught in looped (or recursive) footnotes?

*Hans Jürgen Eysenck - German/British psychologist**, 1916 - 1997.
**Psychologists are people who claim to be able to understand mental processes of other people. Famous examples are Freud, or Eysenck*.

Being caught in looped (or recursive) footnotes probably requires a certain minimum IQ to understand the process of using footnotes (recursively)...

So we would have a defined Interval [Min .. Max] for an IQ to be measured on people vulnerable to the footnote loop exploit?*

*If the IQ needed for understanding the process of using footnotes is larger than the maximum IQ* allowed for aforementioned vulnerability... Well, that's nothing LSD could not handle.
Last edited by higgs-boson on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:36 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

bigcrag92
Cardinal

Postby bigcrag92 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:36 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:

*Gulp*

I Wait For It!

Dun-dun-duuunnn.

I think it means that The Great Lord Randall is pregnant, because erm... rabbits breed a lot and it looks like rabbit ears?
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:37 pm UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:

*Gulp*

I Wait For It!

Dun-dun-duuunnn.

I think it means that The Great Lord Randall is pregnant, because erm... rabbits breed a lot and it looks like rabbit ears?

See, that's how you do it.

BA-DA-BING!!!

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:38 pm UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:

*Gulp*

I Wait For It!

Dun-dun-duuunnn.

It obviously means that the great lord Randal's pet rabbit had semencaffeinecancerbabies. maybe semencaffeinecancerbunnies?
“have i gone mad?

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:38 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:

*Gulp*

I Wait For It!

Dun-dun-duuunnn.

It obviously means that the great lord Randal's pet rabbit had semencaffeinecancerbabies. maybe semencaffeinecancerbunnies?

On ice.

BA-DA-BING!!!

Foarm

Postby Foarm » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:46 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:

*Gulp*

I Wait For It!

Dun-dun-duuunnn.

On ice.

Stirred. Not shaken.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 pm UTC

Foarm wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:

*Gulp*

I Wait For It!

Dun-dun-duuunnn.

On ice.

Stirred. Not shaken.

With a twist of bacon.

BA-DA-BING!!!

peewee_RotA

Postby peewee_RotA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:51 pm UTC

Foarm wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:

*Gulp*

I Wait For It!

Dun-dun-duuunnn.

On ice.

Stirred. Not shaken.

Because that would lead to shaken semencaffeinecancerbunny syndrome.
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/

mybrainhurts

Postby mybrainhurts » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:52 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:

*Gulp*

I Wait For It!

Dun-dun-duuunnn.

On ice.

OK, that's REALLY strange.
Cause, you know what I stumpled upon last weekend having a walk in my woods?

Donnie Darko's Skull!!!!!

Donnie Darko's Skull by My brain hurts! on Flickr

And you know what that means?

Cue and Meg are already dead, because an aircraft hit the sandcastle site! :shock:

peewee_RotA

Postby peewee_RotA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:52 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
AionArap wrote:Clearly my misguided, heretical, falsely-enlightened thoughts have angered the Randall. The One True Comic is threatening me with the sign of the beast.

I Wait For It!

Nope Just proves that I was right all along...

peewee_RotA wrote:
Eliram wrote:
mscha wrote:Looks like a bunker now. Not sure if a bunker made of sand is a good idea...

Sand is actually a very good choice for a bunker.

Obviously they are working on their coolness factor. It's hip to be square.
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:54 pm UTC

Time to reply to some posts:
http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=8840#p3316708
PhoenixRising wrote:EDIT: one quick reference to make:

udscbt wrote:Oh, oh, ic just reckon-did about an new end of comic (well, not really) theory.
Just before the FDP of STAR DATE 2245 we woll see an frame maximizing the suspense, then, as midnight cometh, we woll see Error 500 when we woll try to look at this comic. For increased psychological pain, we woll be able to see an frame æfre now and then showing that something fabulous be happening in the frames we tinnot see.

That's already been done, sorry.

I didn't think someone would have read that post :O Anyway, it is different: in #521 it was explicitly stated that some panels were missing on purpose.

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=8760#p3316496
Smithers wrote:
buffygirl wrote:*pouts* nobody's burnin' my hats.

We're sorry, but they possessed you into swearing in an anti-pope. And calling yourself a 'timewatcher cardinal'. Perhaps they were even responsible for your turning udscbt into a sandwich. It's for your own good.

Actually I didn't mind.

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=8920#p3317001
KarMann wrote:Perhaps a group of us should look into this. Call it the Congregation for the Doctrine of Temporal Faith, or something. Nobody would expect that.

Excuse me! I am the Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis (check the wiki and this), we don't need to create one.
Last edited by udscbt on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:55 pm UTC

peewee_RotA wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
AionArap wrote:Clearly my misguided, heretical, falsely-enlightened thoughts have angered the Randall. The One True Comic is threatening me with the sign of the beast.

I Wait For It!

Nope Just proves that I was right all along...

Quote fail.

BA-DA-BING!!!

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:55 pm UTC

Interesting infographic: Shows number of forum posts for each TimeFrame/Newpix. The timeframes are scaled to outsider time so that they are doubly spaced after 242 when they started updating hourly.

Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:01 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:Interesting infographic: Shows number of forum posts for each TimeFrame/Newpix. The timeframes are scaled to outsider time so that they are doubly spaced after 242 when they started updating hourly.

Definitely periodic....

It's almost like something is updating on a regular basis and people are responding to it.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:02 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Interesting infographic: Shows number of forum posts for each TimeFrame/Newpix. The timeframes are scaled to outsider time so that they are doubly spaced after 242 when they started updating hourly.

Definitely periodic....

It's almost like something is updating on a regular basis and people are responding to it.

I didn't check, but the periods are most likely day-night cycles. Proof that however much people might be claiming otherwise, they are, in fact, sleeping.
Image- Kieryn

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:03 pm UTC

I forgot to say this in the last post.
To prevent further heresies, the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis unanimously (1/1) declares the Papal infallibility when he starts a sentence with "Simon says".

Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:

Definitely periodic....

I didn't check, but the periods are most likely day-night cycles. Proof that however much people might be claiming otherwise, they are, in fact, comaing.

FTFY
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

More cheesy cartoons.

udscbt wrote:I forgot to say this in the last post.
To prevent further heresies, the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis unanimously (1/1) declares the Papal infallibility when he starts a sentence with "Simon says".

Speaking of the Pope, where is he? He should be showing up any moment now, ready to claim post #9000.

BA-DA-BING!!!

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:07 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
Kieryn wrote:I didn't check, but the periods are most likely day-night cycles. Proof that however much people might be claiming otherwise, they are, in fact, comaing.

FTFY

Thanks... I need to brush up on the forum lingo :-)
Image- Kieryn

digimuzik

Postby digimuzik » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

Hooray! (Please tell me you did this manually...)
Keep bringing us news from the past, smolloy!

I waited for it... XKCD Time Wiki

peewee_RotA

Postby peewee_RotA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:09 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:Quote fail.

O.k.

Fail wrote:Confession: I really want to dress emo, just for a day to see the reactions I get. But I don't fit into tight jeans and my eyes lack despair.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:10 pm UTC

digimuzik wrote:

Hooray! (Please tell me you did this manually...)

Haha. Yes, I counted every one... if you want to believe that...
Image- Kieryn

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:11 pm UTC

peewee_RotA wrote:

O.k.

Fail wrote:Confession: I really want to dress emo, just for a day to see the reactions I get. But I don't fit into tight jeans and my eyes lack despair.

Touché.

BA-DA-BING!!!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:11 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:

Definitely periodic....

I didn't check, but the periods are most likely day-night cycles. Proof that however much people might be claiming otherwise, they are, in fact, comaing.

FTFY

No, you can't prove that with the data you have. And even if you could somehow prove we comaed, you'd need a baseline of pre-Time comaing.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:15 pm UTC

SBN wrote:

Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:

Definitely periodic....

FTFY

No, you can't prove that with the data you have. And even if you could somehow prove we comaed, you'd need a baseline of pre-Time comaing.

Implying there was something before Time.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:15 pm UTC

More cheesy cartoons.

Speaking of the Pope, where is he? He should be showing up any moment now, ready to claim post #9000.

hmm...should we punish you for heresy, or reward you for posting the latest revelation of the one true comic?

Heck with it. You get thumbscrews and ice cream.
“have i gone mad?

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:16 pm UTC

SBN wrote:

Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:

Definitely periodic....

FTFY

You are right, I can only show that people are more likely to post at certain times of day, and I can only theorize that when they are not posting it is because they are not present and are comaed. I do not have the right data to prove that as the cause.
Image- Kieryn

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:17 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
KarMann wrote:Perhaps a group of us should look into this. Call it the Congregation for the Doctrine of Temporal Faith, or something. Nobody would expect that.

Excuse me! I am the Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis (check the wiki and this), we don't need to create one.

Excellent. Deranged minds think alike. Get busy, then; looks like you've got work to do.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:18 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
SBN wrote:

Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:

Definitely periodic....

FTFY

You are right, I can only show that people are more likely to post at certain times of day, and I can only theorize that when they are not posting it is because they are not present and are comaed. I do not have the right data to prove that as the cause.

What about the overall Bell curve distribution? Should we be saddened that we are past the Peak of Time, or seek joy in the fact that we still remain?
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

peewee_RotA

Postby peewee_RotA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:19 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:

O.k.

Touché.

Megaryuu

Postby Megaryuu » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:19 pm UTC

Man, these updates feel so slow now.

Also, surprising to see so much forum activity.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:19 pm UTC

It's over 9000!
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Someguy945

Postby Someguy945 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:20 pm UTC

Sorry for this tired meme, everyone, but it's the law.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:20 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:

More cheesy cartoons.

hmm...should we punish you for heresy, or reward you for posting the latest revelation of the one true comic?

Heck with it. You get thumbscrews and ice cream.

But but but... I love cheese

AionArap wrote:
Exodies wrote:

Why do you keep interrupting this discussion with your cheesy cartoons?

But but but... I love cheese.

BA-DA-BING!!!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”