1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:21 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
SBN wrote:
udscbt wrote:I forgot to say this in the last post.
To prevent further heresies, the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis unanimously (1/1) declares the Papal infallibility when he starts a sentence with "Simon says".

Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Interesting infographic: Shows number of forum posts for each TimeFrame/Newpix. The timeframes are scaled to outsider time so that they are doubly spaced after 242 when they started updating hourly.

Image


Definitely periodic....

It's almost like something is updating on a regular basis and people are responding to it.


I didn't check, but the periods are most likely day-night cycles. Proof that however much people might be claiming otherwise, they are, in fact, comaing.

FTFY



No, you can't prove that with the data you have. And even if you could somehow prove we comaed, you'd need a baseline of pre-Time comaing.


You are right, I can only show that people are more likely to post at certain times of day, and I can only theorize that when they are not posting it is because they are not present and are comaed. I do not have the right data to prove that as the cause.


What about the overall Gaussian curve distribution? Should we be saddened that we are past the Peak of Time, or seek joy in the fact that we still remain?


EDIT: Fixed the incorrect curve name -- I was distracted by the looming 9000!
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

Demki
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:29 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Demki » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:21 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:Interesting infographic: Shows number of forum posts for each TimeFrame/Newpix. The timeframes are scaled to outsider time so that they are doubly spaced after 242 when they started updating hourly.

Image

Is that data represantation in logarithmic scale?

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:21 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:Image

More cheesy cartoons.

udscbt wrote:I forgot to say this in the last post.
To prevent further heresies, the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis unanimously (1/1) declares the Papal infallibility when he starts a sentence with "Simon says".


Speaking of the Pope, where is he? He should be showing up any moment now, ready to claim post #9000.

hmm...should we punish you for heresy, or reward you for posting the latest revelation of the one true comic?

...

Heck with it. You get thumbscrews and ice cream.



But but but... I love cheese

AionArap wrote:
Exodies wrote:
AionArap wrote:Image

Why do you keep interrupting this discussion with your cheesy cartoons?


But but but... I love cheese.

okay, cheesy ice cream. freak. :P
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
Kieryn
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm UTC
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kieryn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:24 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
SBN wrote:
udscbt wrote:I forgot to say this in the last post.
To prevent further heresies, the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis unanimously (1/1) declares the Papal infallibility when he starts a sentence with "Simon says".

Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Interesting infographic: Shows number of forum posts for each TimeFrame/Newpix. The timeframes are scaled to outsider time so that they are doubly spaced after 242 when they started updating hourly.

Image


Definitely periodic....

It's almost like something is updating on a regular basis and people are responding to it.


I didn't check, but the periods are most likely day-night cycles. Proof that however much people might be claiming otherwise, they are, in fact, comaing.

FTFY


No, you can't prove that with the data you have. And even if you could somehow prove we comaed, you'd need a baseline of pre-Time comaing.


You are right, I can only show that people are more likely to post at certain times of day, and I can only theorize that when they are not posting it is because they are not present and are comaed. I do not have the right data to prove that as the cause.


What about the overall Bell curve distribution? Should we be saddened that we are past the Peak of Time, or seek joy in the fact that we still remain?


I would not be too worried. I think posts have trailed off because there have been no major developments since the Attack of the Trebuchet period. I'm sure the next time there is drama there will be new people coming in. For now, the masses lurk.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:25 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:Image

More cheesy cartoons.

udscbt wrote:I forgot to say this in the last post.
To prevent further heresies, the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis unanimously (1/1) declares the Papal infallibility when he starts a sentence with "Simon says".


Speaking of the Pope, where is he? He should be showing up any moment now, ready to claim post #9000.

hmm...should we punish you for heresy, or reward you for posting the latest revelation of the one true comic?

...

Heck with it. You get thumbscrews and ice cream.



But but but... I love cheese

AionArap wrote:
Exodies wrote:
AionArap wrote:Image

Why do you keep interrupting this discussion with your cheesy cartoons?


But but but... I love cheese.

okay, cheesy ice cream. freak. :P


Mmmmm, cheesy ice cream >(8(I)<
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
Kieryn
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm UTC
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kieryn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:25 pm UTC

Demki wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Interesting infographic: Shows number of forum posts for each TimeFrame/Newpix. The timeframes are scaled to outsider time so that they are doubly spaced after 242 when they started updating hourly.

Image

Is that data represantation in logarithmic scale?


Haha, no. Actually it's a direct 1 pixel = 1 post. Loved that comic though, thanks.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

User avatar
bigcrag92
Cardinal
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:32 am UTC
Location: Glasgow, scotland

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby bigcrag92 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:31 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
Kieryn wrote:<snip>

I didn't check, but the periods are most likely day-night cycles. Proof that however much people might be claiming otherwise, they are, in fact, comaing.

FTFY

Comaing definitely sounds naughty
Last edited by bigcrag92 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:33 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

Demki
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:29 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Demki » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:31 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
Demki wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Interesting infographic: Shows number of forum posts for each TimeFrame/Newpix. The timeframes are scaled to outsider time so that they are doubly spaced after 242 when they started updating hourly.

Image

Is that data represantation in logarithmic scale?


Haha, no. Actually it's a direct 1 pixel = 1 post. Loved that comic though, thanks.

I'm glad to be of service. Now then, duty calls!...
No, really I am gonna be leaving you alone now.

User avatar
orthogon
Posts: 2435
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 7:52 am UTC
Location: The Airy 1830 ellipsoid

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby orthogon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:36 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:What about the overall Bell curve distribution? Should we be saddened that we are past the Peak of Time, or seek joy in the fact that we still remain?

No, for yea it has been foretold that though the Newpixians were once legion in number, yet will their number dwindle, and some amongst them shall be cast adrift to wander night and day in the Outside, until verily such Time shall come when for each score amongst them there shall remain only one, and this shall be known as The Time of the Three Sigma, and those faithful who remain shall rise up and say "We are the Timewaiters of the Long Tail." And there shall thereafter be much guffawing, for "long tail" may be thought to sound a bit rude.
[Edit: for I am fallible, and fell]
xtifr wrote:... and orthogon merely sounds undecided.

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:37 pm UTC

orthogon wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:What about the overall Bell curve distribution? Should we be saddened that we are past the Peak of Time, or seek joy in the fact that we still remain?

No, for yea it has been foretold that though the Newpixians were once legion in number, yet will their number dwindle, and some amongst them shall be cast adrift to wander night and day in the Outside, until verily such Time shall come when for each score amongst them there shall remain only one, and this shall be known as The Time of the Three Sigma, and those faithful who remain shall rise up and say "We are the Timewaiters of the Long Tail." And there shall thereafter be much guffawing, for "long tail" may be thought to sound a bit rude.
[Edit: for I am fallible, and fell]

"And there shall in that time be rumours of things going astray, and there will be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia work base, that has an attachment…at this time, a friend shall lose his friends’s hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before around eight o’clock..."
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
mybrainhurts
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 7:09 am UTC
Location: Baltic Sea, Germany

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mybrainhurts » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:38 pm UTC

mybrainhurts wrote:ANFSCD: Had a thought about how ready-made the One True Comic is. Now that we know that Randall probably took up The One True Comic as a test for Externalities I believe that the story is not fully drawn already. I rather think he's having a creative experiment here, drawing batches of newpics whenever he feels in the mood or has an idea / an inspiration. Perhaps the river turn was such a flash of inspiration.

Another thought in light of this that just came to my mind: Perhaps the reason for the 1-hour-interval is simply that The One True Randall underestimated the work needed to keep up a half-hour-interval.

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:39 pm UTC

orthogon wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:What about the overall Bell curve distribution? Should we be saddened that we are past the Peak of Time, or seek joy in the fact that we still remain?

No, for yea it has been foretold that though the Newpixians were once legion in number, yet will their number dwindle, and some amongst them shall be cast adrift to wander night and day in the Outside, until verily such Time shall come when for each score amongst them there shall remain only one, and this shall be known as The Time of the Three Sigma, and those faithful who remain shall rise up and say "We are the Timewaiters of the Long Tail." And there shall thereafter be much guffawing, for "long tail" may be thought to sound a bit rude.
[Edit: for I am fallible, and fell]



So you're saying that if we wait for it, we'll eventually score some tail?
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
Exodies
Posts: 919
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:36 pm UTC
Location: Blackwaterside

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Exodies » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:42 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:
AionArap wrote:Image


*Gulp*

Clearly my misguided, heretical, falsely-enlightened thoughts have angered the Randall. The One True Comic is threatening me with the sign of the beast.

Image

I rescind my evil ways and re-devote myself to the One True Comic.

I Wait For It!


Oh crap. The creator of that sign died of cancer, you know what that means right?
Dun-dun-duuunnn.

That the creator of that sign had cancer?


Man, you need to refine your "extrapolating wild speculations" skills.


Ha hahaha
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

User avatar
kryton
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kryton » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:45 pm UTC

mybrainhurts wrote:
mybrainhurts wrote:ANFSCD: Had a thought about how ready-made the One True Comic is. Now that we know that Randall probably took up The One True Comic as a test for Externalities I believe that the story is not fully drawn already. I rather think he's having a creative experiment here, drawing batches of newpics whenever he feels in the mood or has an idea / an inspiration. Perhaps the river turn was such a flash of inspiration.

Another thought in light of this that just came to my mind: Perhaps the reason for the 1-hour-interval is simply that The One True Randall underestimated the work needed to keep up a half-hour-interval.


It had to be murder on his wrist to click/draw a new one every 30 minutes - day and night...
1298 and counting

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:46 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:
AionArap wrote:Image


*Gulp*

Clearly my misguided, heretical, falsely-enlightened thoughts have angered the Randall. The One True Comic is threatening me with the sign of the beast.

Image

I rescind my evil ways and re-devote myself to the One True Comic.

I Wait For It!


Oh crap. The creator of that sign died of cancer, you know what that means right?
Dun-dun-duuunnn.

That the creator of that sign had cancer?


Man, you need to refine your "extrapolating wild speculations" skills.


Ha hahaha


Image
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
bigcrag92
Cardinal
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:32 am UTC
Location: Glasgow, scotland

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby bigcrag92 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:51 pm UTC

16 people online, 120 guests...

JOIN US LURKERS.
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

User avatar
Exodies
Posts: 919
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:36 pm UTC
Location: Blackwaterside

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Exodies » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:51 pm UTC

peewee_RotA wrote:
AionArap wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
AionArap wrote:Quote fail.


O.k.


Fail wrote:Confession: I really want to dress emo, just for a day to see the reactions I get. But I don't fit into tight jeans and my eyes lack despair.


Touché.


Image

3 Ché
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

User avatar
kryton
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kryton » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:53 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
orthogon wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:What about the overall Bell curve distribution? Should we be saddened that we are past the Peak of Time, or seek joy in the fact that we still remain?

No, for yea it has been foretold that though the Newpixians were once legion in number, yet will their number dwindle, and some amongst them shall be cast adrift to wander night and day in the Outside, until verily such Time shall come when for each score amongst them there shall remain only one, and this shall be known as The Time of the Three Sigma, and those faithful who remain shall rise up and say "We are the Timewaiters of the Long Tail." And there shall thereafter be much guffawing, for "long tail" may be thought to sound a bit rude.
[Edit: for I am fallible, and fell]

"And there shall in that time be rumours of things going astray, and there will be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia work base, that has an attachment…at this time, a friend shall lose his friends’s hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before around eight o’clock..."


And now the choir will lead us in the hymn

O Lord, please don't burn us, Don't grill us or toast your flock, Don't put us on a barbecue, Or simmer us in stock, Don't braise us or bake or boil us, Or stir-fry us in a wok. Oh please don't lightly poach us, Or baste us with hot fat, Don't fricassee or roast us, Or boil us in a vat, And please don't stick thy servants, Lord, In a Rotissomat.
1298 and counting

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:01 pm UTC

Image

Exodies wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
AionArap wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
AionArap wrote:Quote fail.


O.k.


Fail wrote:Confession: I really want to dress emo, just for a day to see the reactions I get. But I don't fit into tight jeans and my eyes lack despair.


Touché.


Image

Touché2


FTFY
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

Sheldon
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:58 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Sheldon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:06 pm UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:16 people online, 120 guests...

JOIN US LURKERS.


Never!

Oh. Crap.

User avatar
udscbt
Cardinal
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:21 pm UTC
Location: Italy

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby udscbt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:17 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:
udscbt wrote:
KarMann wrote:Perhaps a group of us should look into this. Call it the Congregation for the Doctrine of Temporal Faith, or something. Nobody would expect that.

Excuse me! I am the Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis (check the wiki and this), we don't need to create one.

Excellent. Deranged minds think alike. Get busy, then; looks like you've got work to do.

The CDT presents:
Faith FAQ!
Q: What was before Time?
A: Nothing was before Time. Time always was and always will be.
Q: Who or what created Time?
A: Time itself created itself. The name we give to the Creator aspect of Time is Lord Randall.
Q: How do Time affect our lives?
A: Time decided to reveal itself through the One True Comic, created by Lord Randall. The One True Comic always was and it is Time, and as Time it must be worshipped. The One True Comic is both in Newpixia and in the Outside, to help the ones deceived by the Hat.
Q: If Time always existed, why do I remember things before it?
A: In Truth, what you remember is only an illusion. After the creation of Time, Lord Randall created the Hat as his servant. But the Hat became envious of the power reserved to the One True Comic and declared war to it. Time banished the Hat from Newpixia and it is now doomed to live in the Outside where he tries to deceive the faithfuls.
Disclaimer: not all hats are evil
Q: How do you protect yourself from the Hat?
A: You have to burn it and after that purify yourself by drinking blessed baby-free semenated coffe. Beware, because even the strongest can be tricked by the Hat (e.g. our Arch-Cardinal)
Q: What are Newpixia and the Outside?
A: Newpixia is the place where Time resides, we all belong to Newpixia but we have to remain in the Outside until the Hat won't be destroyed.
Q: What is a Frame?
A: A Frame is a Revelation from Time through the One True Comic. Lord Randall draws every Frame for us to venerate. If you miss a Frame, you have to look it from a holy archive as soon as possible.
Q: How do I know when a Frame will come?
A: Time created the Ancestral DONG to warn us of and incoming Revelation, but the screams of the Hat can cover its holy sound. Only the most faithful can hear it over the Hat's lament. If you're not yet ready to listen directly to the Ancestral DONG, two Web-based DONG have been created: http://www.webcountdown.de/?a=gxMXfoy and http://www.webcountdown.net/?a=v2WZqAO&k=H68Q; beware, in its gigantic evilness the Hat has sped up the outsider "time", making the first Web-based DONG useless.
Q: How should I worship Time?
A: Avoid sleep because you will miss Frames, coma instead. Reject the Outside, because it is the Reign of the Hat. Drink coffee everyday, but don't add babies to it; if you want, you can drink it with semen, but only of virgins. Don't assume that the Timewaiter you're talking about is a male, use a gender-neutral pronoun instead; you shouldn't assume anything actually. And most of all, "Wait for it.".
Q: How can I learn more about the Timewaiters?
A: The Holy Scriptures will help you.
Note: the Holy Scriptures are shared with other religions, some of which are heretic.
Q: ???
A: !!!
Q: Can you prove all these things?
A: Of course I can, it's a shame you will be burned as a heretic before you can hear the answer.
Q: Who gives you all this authority?
A: Burn the heretic!
Q: I think that...
A: Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

User avatar
ugmhemhe
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 6:20 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ugmhemhe » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

Foarm wrote:
9hili9 wrote:
rmsgrey wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Foarm wrote:
kryton wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Foarm wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
KarMann wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Dracomax wrote:Also, it has been shown that it is possible for a creator to have set up initial conditions and a script an algorithm that continues the drawing with the expectation of bringing us to this point. I call this the intelligent design theory. It makes far more sense than the "random pixel evol.ution theory) and doesn't require the active attention of the Randall, who is free then to create other, lesser comics.

So you're saying that this 'creator' was there at the beginning of time, but is no longer needed? Kind of like everything was created in that moment of the initial 'Big GONG' or 'Big BONG'?

And there's no way to tell, because if this creator did, in fact exist, he isn't talking to us.

Hmmmm....

Well, I kind of like your Big BONG theory.

But it does beg the questions: Who or what created the creator and what existed before the beginning of Time?

Everyone knows you can't prove the creator exists, you have to take it as a matter of FAITH

Perhaps a group of us should look into this. Call it the Congregation for the Doctrine of Temporal Faith, or something. Nobody would expect that.

Are you suggesting we form some type of inquisition? because if you are, I want to be grand high inquisitor.

Bring out the torture devices!

Shall we start with the soft pillows, or go right to the comfy chair?

Added: We do need a Cardinal Biggles, don't we?


Cardinal Biggles and Cardinal Fang, bring forth the comfy chair and the soft pillows

Cost me a bit of youtubing to get the idea of the soft pillows and the comfy chair.
I guess I missed something in my education...


Sheesh! Just what kind of crappe are they teaching you in school these days? Monty Python is an ESSENTIAL part of every education!!!


Our chief weapon is fear, fear and surprise.

Nobody Everybody expects the Monty Python reference!


... As long as it's the Spanish Inquisition and not the Hungarian Phrasebook. Ironic :D

Now I get the eels and the hovercraft... *hangs head in shame*


i just wanted to continue the quoting tradition
Image

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:31 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
KarMann wrote:
udscbt wrote:
KarMann wrote:Perhaps a group of us should look into this. Call it the Congregation for the Doctrine of Temporal Faith, or something. Nobody would expect that.

Excuse me! I am the Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis (check the wiki and this), we don't need to create one.

Excellent. Deranged minds think alike. Get busy, then; looks like you've got work to do.

The CDT presents:
Faith FAQ!
Q: What was before Time?
A: Nothing was before Time. Time always was and always will be.
Q: Who or what created Time?
A: Time itself created itself. The name we give to the Creator aspect of Time is Lord Randall.
Q: How do Time affect our lives?
A: Time decided to reveal itself through the One True Comic, created by Lord Randall. The One True Comic always was and it is Time, and as Time it must be worshipped. The One True Comic is both in Newpixia and in the Outside, to help the ones deceived by the Hat.
Q: If Time always existed, why do I remember things before it?
A: In Truth, what you remember is only an illusion. After the creation of Time, Lord Randall created the Hat as his servant. But the Hat became envious of the power reserved to the One True Comic and declared war to it. Time banished the Hat from Newpixia and it is now doomed to live in the Outside where he tries to deceive the faithfuls.
Disclaimer: not all hats are evil
Q: How do you protect yourself from the Hat?
A: You have to burn it and after that purify yourself by drinking blessed baby-free semenated coffe. Beware, because even the strongest can be tricked by the Hat (e.g. our Arch-Cardinal)
Q: What are Newpixia and the Outside?
A: Newpixia is the place where Time resides, we all belong to Newpixia but we have to remain in the Outside until the Hat won't be destroyed.
Q: What is a Frame?
A: A Frame is a Revelation from Time through the One True Comic. Lord Randall draws every Frame for us to venerate. If you miss a Frame, you have to look it from a holy archive as soon as possible.
Q: How do I know when a Frame will come?
A: Time created the Ancestral DONG to warn us of and incoming Revelation, but the screams of the Hat can cover its holy sound. Only the most faithful can hear it over the Hat's lament. If you're not yet ready to listen directly to the Ancestral DONG, two Web-based DONG have been created: http://www.webcountdown.de/?a=gxMXfoy and http://www.webcountdown.net/?a=v2WZqAO&k=H68Q; beware, in its gigantic evilness the Hat has sped up the outsider "time", making the first Web-based DONG useless.
Q: How should I worship Time?
A: Avoid sleep because you will miss Frames, coma instead. Reject the Outside, because it is the Reign of the Hat. Drink coffee everyday, but don't add babies to it; if you want, you can drink it with semen, but only of virgins. Don't assume that the Timewaiter you're talking about is a male, use a gender-neutral pronoun instead; you shouldn't assume anything actually. And most of all, "Wait for it.".
Q: How can I learn more about the Timewaiters?
A: The Holy Scriptures will help you.
Note: the Holy Scriptures are shared with other religions, some of which are heretic.
Q: ???
A: !!!
Q: Can you prove all these things?
A: Of course I can, it's a shame you will be burned as a heretic before you can hear the answer.
Q: Who gives you all this authority?
A: Burn the heretic!
Q: I think that...
A: Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!


So, from this i gather the following:
Not all hats are created equal evil, and the LONGDONG is preferrable over the useless TINYDONG. (Makes sense to me)
Did I get that right?

Also, isn't Newpixia the new game from Introversion?
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
peewee_RotA
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby peewee_RotA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:38 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
Exodies wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
AionArap wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
AionArap wrote:Quote fail.


O.k.


Fail wrote:Confession: I really want to dress emo, just for a day to see the reactions I get. But I don't fit into tight jeans and my eyes lack despair.


Touché.


Image

Touché2


FTFY


4che?
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/

User avatar
udscbt
Cardinal
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:21 pm UTC
Location: Italy

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby udscbt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:39 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
udscbt wrote:
KarMann wrote:
udscbt wrote:
KarMann wrote:Perhaps a group of us should look into this. Call it the Congregation for the Doctrine of Temporal Faith, or something. Nobody would expect that.

Excuse me! I am the Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis (check the wiki and this), we don't need to create one.

Excellent. Deranged minds think alike. Get busy, then; looks like you've got work to do.

The CDT presents:
Faith FAQ!
Q: What was before Time?
A: Nothing was before Time. Time always was and always will be.
Q: Who or what created Time?
A: Time itself created itself. The name we give to the Creator aspect of Time is Lord Randall.
Q: How do Time affect our lives?
A: Time decided to reveal itself through the One True Comic, created by Lord Randall. The One True Comic always was and it is Time, and as Time it must be worshipped. The One True Comic is both in Newpixia and in the Outside, to help the ones deceived by the Hat.
Q: If Time always existed, why do I remember things before it?
A: In Truth, what you remember is only an illusion. After the creation of Time, Lord Randall created the Hat as his servant. But the Hat became envious of the power reserved to the One True Comic and declared war to it. Time banished the Hat from Newpixia and it is now doomed to live in the Outside where he tries to deceive the faithfuls.
Disclaimer: not all hats are evil
Q: How do you protect yourself from the Hat?
A: You have to burn it and after that purify yourself by drinking blessed baby-free semenated coffe. Beware, because even the strongest can be tricked by the Hat (e.g. our Arch-Cardinal)
Q: What are Newpixia and the Outside?
A: Newpixia is the place where Time resides, we all belong to Newpixia but we have to remain in the Outside until the Hat won't be destroyed.
Q: What is a Frame?
A: A Frame is a Revelation from Time through the One True Comic. Lord Randall draws every Frame for us to venerate. If you miss a Frame, you have to look it from a holy archive as soon as possible.
Q: How do I know when a Frame will come?
A: Time created the Ancestral DONG to warn us of and incoming Revelation, but the screams of the Hat can cover its holy sound. Only the most faithful can hear it over the Hat's lament. If you're not yet ready to listen directly to the Ancestral DONG, two Web-based DONG have been created: http://www.webcountdown.de/?a=gxMXfoy and http://www.webcountdown.net/?a=v2WZqAO&k=H68Q; beware, in its gigantic evilness the Hat has sped up the outsider "time", making the first Web-based DONG useless.
Q: How should I worship Time?
A: Avoid sleep because you will miss Frames, coma instead. Reject the Outside, because it is the Reign of the Hat. Drink coffee everyday, but don't add babies to it; if you want, you can drink it with semen, but only of virgins. Don't assume that the Timewaiter you're talking about is a male, use a gender-neutral pronoun instead; you shouldn't assume anything actually. And most of all, "Wait for it.".
Q: How can I learn more about the Timewaiters?
A: The Holy Scriptures will help you.
Note: the Holy Scriptures are shared with other religions, some of which are heretic.
Q: ???
A: !!!
Q: Can you prove all these things?
A: Of course I can, it's a shame you will be burned as a heretic before you can hear the answer.
Q: Who gives you all this authority?
A: Burn the heretic!
Q: I think that...
A: Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!


So, from this i gather the following:
Not all hats are created equal evil, and the LONGDONG is preferrable over the useless TINYDONG. (Makes sense to me)
Did I get that right?

Also, isn't Newpixia the new game from Introversion?

Hats: Yes. As an example: KarMann's hat is good, the Hat that possessed Buffygirl is evil
DONG: Yes.
Newpixia: I don't think so. OTOH I only know Uplink from Introversion.
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

User avatar
bigcrag92
Cardinal
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:32 am UTC
Location: Glasgow, scotland

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby bigcrag92 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:44 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
KarMann wrote:
udscbt wrote:
KarMann wrote:Perhaps a group of us should look into this. Call it the Congregation for the Doctrine of Temporal Faith, or something. Nobody would expect that.

Excuse me! I am the Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis (check the wiki and this), we don't need to create one.

Excellent. Deranged minds think alike. Get busy, then; looks like you've got work to do.

The CDT presents:
Faith FAQ!
Q: What was before Time?
A: Nothing was before Time. Time always was and always will be.
Q: Who or what created Time?
A: Time itself created itself. The name we give to the Creator aspect of Time is Lord Randall.
Q: How do Time affect our lives?
A: Time decided to reveal itself through the One True Comic, created by Lord Randall. The One True Comic always was and it is Time, and as Time it must be worshipped. The One True Comic is both in Newpixia and in the Outside, to help the ones deceived by the Hat.
Q: If Time always existed, why do I remember things before it?
A: In Truth, what you remember is only an illusion. After the creation of Time, Lord Randall created the Hat as his servant. But the Hat became envious of the power reserved to the One True Comic and declared war to it. Time banished the Hat from Newpixia and it is now doomed to live in the Outside where he tries to deceive the faithfuls.
Disclaimer: not all hats are evil
Q: How do you protect yourself from the Hat?
A: You have to burn it and after that purify yourself by drinking blessed baby-free semenated coffe. Beware, because even the strongest can be tricked by the Hat (e.g. our Arch-Cardinal)
Q: What are Newpixia and the Outside?
A: Newpixia is the place where Time resides, we all belong to Newpixia but we have to remain in the Outside until the Hat won't be destroyed.
Q: What is a Frame?
A: A Frame is a Revelation from Time through the One True Comic. Lord Randall draws every Frame for us to venerate. If you miss a Frame, you have to look it from a holy archive as soon as possible.
Q: How do I know when a Frame will come?
A: Time created the Ancestral DONG to warn us of and incoming Revelation, but the screams of the Hat can cover its holy sound. Only the most faithful can hear it over the Hat's lament. If you're not yet ready to listen directly to the Ancestral DONG, two Web-based DONG have been created: http://www.webcountdown.de/?a=gxMXfoy and http://www.webcountdown.net/?a=v2WZqAO&k=H68Q; beware, in its gigantic evilness the Hat has sped up the outsider "time", making the first Web-based DONG useless.
Q: How should I worship Time?
A: Avoid sleep because you will miss Frames, coma instead. Reject the Outside, because it is the Reign of the Hat. Drink coffee everyday, but don't add babies to it; if you want, you can drink it with semen, but only of virgins. Don't assume that the Timewaiter you're talking about is a male, use a gender-neutral pronoun instead; you shouldn't assume anything actually. And most of all, "Wait for it.".
Q: How can I learn more about the Timewaiters?
A: The Holy Scriptures will help you.
Note: the Holy Scriptures are shared with other religions, some of which are heretic.
Q: ???
A: !!!
Q: Can you prove all these things?
A: Of course I can, it's a shame you will be burned as a heretic before you can hear the answer.
Q: Who gives you all this authority?
A: Burn the heretic!
Q: I think that...
A: Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!


someone should put this on the wiki

I'd do it myself but i must go to do battle with the hat in its own domain.

I shall see thee anon if I survive
-That's Cardinal bigcrag92 to you, the holy alium, secretary of the CDT. Got a hat and everything
peewee_RotA wrote:Welcome aboard. May the Timeframes ahead be filled with trebuchets.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote: Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

User avatar
peewee_RotA
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby peewee_RotA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:47 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:Speaking of the Pope, where is he? He should be showing up any moment now, ready to claim post #9000.


Technically speaking KarMann was the first papal nominee. The weirdness requirement was created for his benefit.
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/

User avatar
Eshru
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:51 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eshru » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:47 pm UTC

Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:49 pm UTC

peewee_RotA wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Exodies wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
AionArap wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
AionArap wrote:Quote fail.


O.k.


Fail wrote:Confession: I really want to dress emo, just for a day to see the reactions I get. But I don't fit into tight jeans and my eyes lack despair.


Touché.


Image

Touché2


FTFY


4che?


Indeed.

udscbt wrote:
AionArap wrote:
udscbt wrote:
KarMann wrote:
udscbt wrote:
KarMann wrote:Perhaps a group of us should look into this. Call it the Congregation for the Doctrine of Temporal Faith, or something. Nobody would expect that.

Excuse me! I am the Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis (check the wiki and this), we don't need to create one.

Excellent. Deranged minds think alike. Get busy, then; looks like you've got work to do.

The CDT presents:
Faith FAQ!
Q: What was before Time?
A: Nothing was before Time. Time always was and always will be.
Q: Who or what created Time?
A: Time itself created itself. The name we give to the Creator aspect of Time is Lord Randall.
Q: How do Time affect our lives?
A: Time decided to reveal itself through the One True Comic, created by Lord Randall. The One True Comic always was and it is Time, and as Time it must be worshipped. The One True Comic is both in Newpixia and in the Outside, to help the ones deceived by the Hat.
Q: If Time always existed, why do I remember things before it?
A: In Truth, what you remember is only an illusion. After the creation of Time, Lord Randall created the Hat as his servant. But the Hat became envious of the power reserved to the One True Comic and declared war to it. Time banished the Hat from Newpixia and it is now doomed to live in the Outside where he tries to deceive the faithfuls.
Disclaimer: not all hats are evil
Q: How do you protect yourself from the Hat?
A: You have to burn it and after that purify yourself by drinking blessed baby-free semenated coffe. Beware, because even the strongest can be tricked by the Hat (e.g. our Arch-Cardinal)
Q: What are Newpixia and the Outside?
A: Newpixia is the place where Time resides, we all belong to Newpixia but we have to remain in the Outside until the Hat won't be destroyed.
Q: What is a Frame?
A: A Frame is a Revelation from Time through the One True Comic. Lord Randall draws every Frame for us to venerate. If you miss a Frame, you have to look it from a holy archive as soon as possible.
Q: How do I know when a Frame will come?
A: Time created the Ancestral DONG to warn us of and incoming Revelation, but the screams of the Hat can cover its holy sound. Only the most faithful can hear it over the Hat's lament. If you're not yet ready to listen directly to the Ancestral DONG, two Web-based DONG have been created: http://www.webcountdown.de/?a=gxMXfoy and http://www.webcountdown.net/?a=v2WZqAO&k=H68Q; beware, in its gigantic evilness the Hat has sped up the outsider "time", making the first Web-based DONG useless.
Q: How should I worship Time?
A: Avoid sleep because you will miss Frames, coma instead. Reject the Outside, because it is the Reign of the Hat. Drink coffee everyday, but don't add babies to it; if you want, you can drink it with semen, but only of virgins. Don't assume that the Timewaiter you're talking about is a male, use a gender-neutral pronoun instead; you shouldn't assume anything actually. And most of all, "Wait for it.".
Q: How can I learn more about the Timewaiters?
A: The Holy Scriptures will help you.
Note: the Holy Scriptures are shared with other religions, some of which are heretic.
Q: ???
A: !!!
Q: Can you prove all these things?
A: Of course I can, it's a shame you will be burned as a heretic before you can hear the answer.
Q: Who gives you all this authority?
A: Burn the heretic!
Q: I think that...
A: Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!


So, from this i gather the following:
Not all hats are created equal evil, and the LONGDONG is preferrable over the useless TINYDONG. (Makes sense to me)
Did I get that right?

Also, isn't Newpixia the new game from Introversion?

Hats: Yes. As an example: KarMann's hat is good, the Hat that possessed Buffygirl is evil
DONG: Yes.
Newpixia: I don't think so. OTOH I only know Uplink from Introversion.


Sounds like the sequel to Darwinia to me.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2106
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:54 pm UTC

Eshru wrote:Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.


If he does, it will prove us Iceists were right all along. Still leaves the coffee/hot springs question unanswered though.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:56 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Eshru wrote:Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.


If he does, it will prove us Iceists were right all along. Still leaves the coffee/hot springs question unanswered though.


I'm starting to think it's a sea of cheese, and they're sailing on it.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
peewee_RotA
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby peewee_RotA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:57 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Eshru wrote:Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.


If he does, it will prove us Iceists were right all along. Still leaves the coffee/hot springs question unanswered though.


"Still Leaves do not sway in the wind" - One Who Keeps Slipping (Tribal Chief of the Native Newpixians)
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/

User avatar
Valarya
Posts: 975
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Nashville

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:01 pm UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:16 people online, 120 guests...

JOIN US LURKERS.


Cardinal bigcrag92, some times we semi-posters/mostly-lurkers forget to sign in whilst lurking. I have confessed and beg forgiveness.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Image

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:01 pm UTC

peewee_RotA wrote:
SBN wrote:
Eshru wrote:Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.


If he does, it will prove us Iceists were right all along. Still leaves the coffee/hot springs question unanswered though.


"Still Leaves do not sway in the wind" - One Who Keeps Slipping (Tribal Chief of the Native Newpixians)


Obviously not, they soar.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
udscbt
Cardinal
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:21 pm UTC
Location: Italy

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby udscbt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:01 pm UTC

Image
Simplified version of this?Image
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:02 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:16 people online, 120 guests...

JOIN US LURKERS.


Cardinal bigcrag92, some times we semi-posters/mostly-lurkers forget to sign in whilst lurking. I have confessed and beg forgiveness.
The inquisition shall not come after you. Only Those who do not repent or don't expect us need fear our pillows.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
SBN wrote:
Eshru wrote:Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.


If he does, it will prove us Iceists were right all along. Still leaves the coffee/hot springs question unanswered though.


I'm starting to think it's a sea of cheese, and they're sailing on it.


No. Pork soda. there was a lot of speculation about bacon earlier, after all...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
higgs-boson
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 pm UTC
Location: Europe (UTC + 4 newpix)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby higgs-boson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:05 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:Interesting infographic: Shows number of forum posts for each TimeFrame/Newpix. The timeframes are scaled to outsider time so that they are doubly spaced after 242 when they started updating hourly.

(Image)


Nice. May I suggest to change the time frame interval from 50/100/150/... to 48/96/144/.. newpix? For it would be closer to the Outside sun/moon phases. For the True Believers In the Time Yet To Come it would make no difference, but to us who have to chit chat with People From Outside it may be of advantage.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

User avatar
peewee_RotA
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby peewee_RotA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:06 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Valarya wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:16 people online, 120 guests...

JOIN US LURKERS.


Cardinal bigcrag92, some times we semi-posters/mostly-lurkers forget to sign in whilst lurking. I have confessed and beg forgiveness.
The inquisition shall not come after you. Only Those who do not repent or don't expect us need fear our pillows.

La Inquisición no vendrá a por ti. Sólo aquellos que no se arrepienten o no nos esperamos que temer nuestras almohadas.
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:06 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
AionArap wrote:
SBN wrote:
Eshru wrote:Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.


If he does, it will prove us Iceists were right all along. Still leaves the coffee/hot springs question unanswered though.


I'm starting to think it's a sea of cheese, and they're sailing on it.


No. Pork soda. there was a lot of speculation about bacon earlier, after all...


You know what goes well with bacon?
Cheese.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20170428yuanyuan, Baidu [Spider], jc, mscha and 41 guests