1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:07 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
AionArap wrote:
SBN wrote:
Eshru wrote:Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.


If he does, it will prove us Iceists were right all along. Still leaves the coffee/hot springs question unanswered though.


I'm starting to think it's a sea of cheese, and they're sailing on it.


No. Pork soda. there was a lot of speculation about bacon earlier, after all...

Obviously it's cheese covered semencaffeinebacon mixed with soda. possibly cola.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
Eshru
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:51 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eshru » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:07 pm UTC

MyBrainHurts wrote:OK, that's REALLY strange.
Cause, you know what I stumpled upon last weekend having a walk in my woods?

Donnie Darko's Skull!!!!!

Image
Donnie Darko's Skull by My brain hurts! on Flickr

Frank iirc

User avatar
peewee_RotA
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby peewee_RotA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:07 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
SBN wrote:
Eshru wrote:Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.


If he does, it will prove us Iceists were right all along. Still leaves the coffee/hot springs question unanswered though.


"Still Leaves do not sway in the wind" - One Who Keeps Slipping (Tribal Chief of the Native Newpixians)


Obviously not, they soar.


After a long day of standing? You'd be soar too!
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 pm UTC

peewee_RotA wrote:
AionArap wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
SBN wrote:
Eshru wrote:Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.


If he does, it will prove us Iceists were right all along. Still leaves the coffee/hot springs question unanswered though.


"Still Leaves do not sway in the wind" - One Who Keeps Slipping (Tribal Chief of the Native Newpixians)


Obviously not, they soar.


After a long day of standing? You'd be soar too!


Not if you're a leaf on the wind.
You may end up impaled though.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
peewee_RotA
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby peewee_RotA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:13 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
AionArap wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
SBN wrote:
Eshru wrote:Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.


If he does, it will prove us Iceists were right all along. Still leaves the coffee/hot springs question unanswered though.


"Still Leaves do not sway in the wind" - One Who Keeps Slipping (Tribal Chief of the Native Newpixians)


Obviously not, they soar.


After a long day of standing? You'd be soar too!


Not if you're a leaf on the wind.


I thought the wind blew my leaf away for good, but it came back. What a relief.
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/

Qalyar
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:58 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Qalyar » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:21 pm UTC

Eshru wrote:
MyBrainHurts wrote:OK, that's REALLY strange.
Cause, you know what I stumpled upon last weekend having a walk in my woods?

Donnie Darko's Skull!!!!!

Image
Donnie Darko's Skull by My brain hurts! on Flickr

Frank iirc


Correct. The rabbit is not Donnie Darko. Or Shazam.

Signifer
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 pm UTC
Location: Italy

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Signifer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:34 pm UTC

Maybe he's (Cueball) up with some more archs(?)
I'd like to see more archs.

Also bacon.

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:34 pm UTC

Qalyar wrote:
Eshru wrote:
MyBrainHurts wrote:OK, that's REALLY strange.
Cause, you know what I stumpled upon last weekend having a walk in my woods?

Donnie Darko's Skull!!!!!

Image
Donnie Darko's Skull by My brain hurts! on Flickr

Frank iirc


Correct. The rabbit is not Donnie Darko. Or Shazam.

You donkey butt! Your tactic of diverting me to TVtropes won't work forever! TO the comfy chair!
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
apsmith
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:25 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby apsmith » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:37 pm UTC

Ok, I've lurked but definitely haven't read every one of the 9000+ replies here...

Has it occurred to anybody that the doubling of the time interval after 5 days might be repeating? That is, after the 10th day (midnight tonight, right?) we may be getting newpix only every 2 hours? After the 15th only every 4 hours, etc? Randall could have a complete series of about 500 drawings that would effectively stretch out to the end of Time... after another month the newpix interval would be more than 5 days though, not sure how he'd handle that...

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:40 pm UTC

I... missed 9000. You horrid cuntnuggets!
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

User avatar
kryton
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kryton » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:43 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
SBN wrote:
Eshru wrote:Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.


If he does, it will prove us Iceists were right all along. Still leaves the coffee/hot springs question unanswered though.


I'm starting to think it's a sea of cheese, and they're sailing on it.


The Moon is made of cheese, that must be where they are, on the moon!
1298 and counting

User avatar
kryton
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kryton » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:45 pm UTC

Helper wrote:I... missed 9000. You horrid cuntnuggets!


Oh my brother of the west, you weren't paying attention.
1298 and counting

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:46 pm UTC

Helper wrote:I... missed 9000. You horrid cuntnuggets!


Image

You're now demoted to Poop. :mrgreen:
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
mathrec
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:30 am UTC
Location: Carlsbad, California
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mathrec » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:47 pm UTC

It may be off topic to comment on the One True Comic, but in the current Frame (350) it looks like Cueball is sitting in lotus position and waiting for it.

I'm sure it's just a transitional frame in his construction of the central structure...

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:48 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
Helper wrote:I... missed 9000. You horrid cuntnuggets!


Image

You're now demoted to Poop. :mrgreen:


SILENCE!

Where's my Holy Geophysicist? I need you to, like, drop a boulder on this fool or something.
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

User avatar
Valarya
Posts: 975
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Nashville

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:54 pm UTC

peewee_RotA wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Valarya wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:16 people online, 120 guests...

JOIN US LURKERS.


Cardinal bigcrag92, some times we semi-posters/mostly-lurkers forget to sign in whilst lurking. I have confessed and beg forgiveness.

The inquisition shall not come after you. Only Those who do not repent or don't expect us need fear our pillows.

La Inquisición no vendrá a por ti. Sólo aquellos que no se arrepienten o no nos esperamos que temer nuestras almohadas.


Add to the CDT & then those heathens will have NO EXCUSES.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Image

User avatar
Mr Moriaty
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 am UTC
Location: A ship in the North Sea.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Mr Moriaty » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

Helper wrote:
AionArap wrote:
Helper wrote:I... missed 9000. You horrid cuntnuggets!


Image

You're now demoted to Poop. :mrgreen:


SILENCE!

Where's my Holy Geophysicist? I need you to, like, drop a boulder on this fool or something.


I'm on it. The last bolder trap may have failed to kill that Professor Jones guy but I have refined it with big spikes, Holy uranium and even more dramatic music.
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

User avatar
Kieryn
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm UTC
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kieryn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

higgs-boson wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Interesting infographic: Shows number of forum posts for each TimeFrame/Newpix. The timeframes are scaled to outsider time so that they are doubly spaced after 242 when they started updating hourly.

(Image)


Nice. May I suggest to change the time frame interval from 50/100/150/... to 48/96/144/.. newpix? For it would be closer to the Outside sun/moon phases. For the True Believers In the Time Yet To Come it would make no difference, but to us who have to chit chat with People From Outside it may be of advantage.


Excellent suggestion. Done. Now outsider days and night cycles appear more obviously.

Image
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

User avatar
kryton
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kryton » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

Here It comes! Newpix!
1298 and counting

User avatar
peewee_RotA
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby peewee_RotA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

Mr Moriaty wrote:I'm on it. The last bolder trap may have failed to kill that Professor Jones guy but I have refined it with big spikes, Holy uranium and even more dramatic music.


But doesn't Plutonium catch fire in warm open air? That aught to be a much more impressive boulder trap.
Last edited by peewee_RotA on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/

User avatar
kryton
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kryton » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

peewee_RotA wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:I'm on it. The last bolder trap may have failed to kill that Professor Jones guy but I have refined it with big spikes, Holy uranium and even more dramatic music.


But doesn't Plutonium catching fire in warm open air? That aught to be a much more impressive boulder trap.


Nah, Sodium (Na) does that.
1298 and counting

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:03 pm UTC

apsmith wrote:Ok, I've lurked but definitely haven't read every one of the 9000+ replies here...

Has it occurred to anybody that the doubling of the time interval after 5 days might be repeating? That is, after the 10th day (midnight tonight, right?) we may be getting newpix only every 2 hours? After the 15th only every 4 hours, etc? Randall could have a complete series of about 500 drawings that would effectively stretch out to the end of Time... after another month the newpix interval would be more than 5 days though, not sure how he'd handle that...


Your Outsider Time measurements are a little fuzzy to me, but for us Timewaiters, it would eventually call for the use of cryogenic sleep coma chambers in-between NewPix...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
Mr Moriaty
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 am UTC
Location: A ship in the North Sea.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Mr Moriaty » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:06 pm UTC

kryton wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:I'm on it. The last bolder trap may have failed to kill that Professor Jones guy but I have refined it with big spikes, Holy uranium and even more dramatic music.


But doesn't Plutonium catching fire in warm open air? That aught to be a much more impressive boulder trap.


Nah, Sodium (Na) does that.


A Francium Boulder with a pit of water at the end... now thats an idea.
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:07 pm UTC

kryton wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:I'm on it. The last bolder trap may have failed to kill that Professor Jones guy but I have refined it with big spikes, Holy uranium and even more dramatic music.


But doesn't Plutonium catching fire in warm open air? That aught to be a much more impressive boulder trap.


Nah, Sodium (Na) does that.


It also explodes in water. (Disclaimer: I have no firsthand experience with this, none whatsoever. I wouldn't lie about something like this... *Looks around with shifty eyes*)
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
macraw83
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Present (L:13)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby macraw83 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:10 pm UTC

Eshru wrote:Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.


You think the 'content' has suffered with the passing of Time?

Have you not read the entire One True Thread?

Most of what was posted ~150 newpix ago was pure madness. And not entirely brought on by the RECKONING.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

User avatar
Mr Moriaty
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 am UTC
Location: A ship in the North Sea.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Mr Moriaty » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:13 pm UTC

At least the quality of the jokes has stayed high class and high brow throughout hey?
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

User avatar
htom
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:13 am UTC
Location: Twin Cities, MN, USA

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby htom » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

Mr Moriaty wrote:At least the quality of the jokes has stayed high class and high brow throughout hey?


If brows were not high, they were lifted.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:
Eshru wrote:Not only has the post rate declined, it would seem the 'content' of the posts has suffered as well.

Is he going to put a roof on that structure? Is this possible?

Time will tell.


You think the 'content' has suffered with the passing of Time?

Have you not read the entire One True Thread?

Most of what was posted ~150 newpix ago was pure madness. And not entirely brought on by the RECKONING.


Madness? I believe they were just speaking in tongues. Those may be the same thing though.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
Kieryn
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm UTC
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kieryn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Mr Moriaty wrote:
kryton wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:I'm on it. The last bolder trap may have failed to kill that Professor Jones guy but I have refined it with big spikes, Holy uranium and even more dramatic music.


But doesn't Plutonium catching fire in warm open air? That aught to be a much more impressive boulder trap.


Nah, Sodium (Na) does that.


A Francium Boulder with a pit of water at the end... now thats an idea.


Fracium would unfortunately not last long enough in bulk and plutonium would be a challenge obtaining.

The density of the uranium would be hard to beat, plus all the extra radioactivity. I recommend a solid core of uranium with a jacket of a few inches of rubidium.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:18 pm UTC

Mr Moriaty wrote:At least the quality of the jokes has stayed high class and high brow throughout hey?


Totally:

Helper wrote:penis


Helper wrote:vagina
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:19 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:
kryton wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:I'm on it. The last bolder trap may have failed to kill that Professor Jones guy but I have refined it with big spikes, Holy uranium and even more dramatic music.


But doesn't Plutonium catching fire in warm open air? That aught to be a much more impressive boulder trap.


Nah, Sodium (Na) does that.


A Francium Boulder with a pit of water at the end... now thats an idea.


Fracium would unfortunately not last long enough in bulk and plutonium would be a challenge obtaining.

The density of the uranium would be hard to beat, plus all the extra radioactivity. I recommend a solid core of uranium with a jacket of a few inches of rubidium.

Needs more phosphorus.
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

User avatar
higgs-boson
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 pm UTC
Location: Europe (UTC + 4 newpix)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby higgs-boson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:19 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:It also explodes in water. (Disclaimer: I have no firsthand experience with this, none whatsoever. I wouldn't lie about something like this... *Looks around with shifty eyes*)

I, too, dement every firsthand experience with Sodium. I've never seen it dance on a water surface, never seen the oxyhydrogen explosion tear the molten sodium ball into flying pieces.

*does not blink even once*

(actually it's a popular experiment in chemistry lessons in western Europe. I guess most people here have seen "Na dancing" at least once).
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:22 pm UTC

higgs-boson wrote:
AionArap wrote:It also explodes in water. (Disclaimer: I have no firsthand experience with this, none whatsoever. I wouldn't lie about something like this... *Looks around with shifty eyes*)

I, too, dement every firsthand experience with Sodium. I've never seen it dance on a water surface, never seen the oxyhydrogen explosion tear the molten sodium ball into flying pieces.

*does not blink even once*

(actually it's a popular experiment in chemistry lessons in western Europe. I guess most people here have seen "Na dancing" at least once).


Never, I've also never dropped a piece into a bottle of coke. You can't prove I did, because there was nothing left of the bottle.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:22 pm UTC

higgs-boson wrote:
AionArap wrote:It also explodes in water. (Disclaimer: I have no firsthand experience with this, none whatsoever. I wouldn't lie about something like this... *Looks around with shifty eyes*)

I, too, dement every firsthand experience with Sodium. I've never seen it dance on a water surface, never seen the oxyhydrogen explosion tear the molten sodium ball into flying pieces.

*does not blink even once*

(actually it's a popular experiment in chemistry lessons in western Europe. I guess most people here have seen "Na dancing" at least once).


Pfft, lessons! You know, back in my day, if we wanted to injure ourselves with chemicals, we had to do it on our own!
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

User avatar
kryton
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kryton » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:24 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:
AionArap wrote:It also explodes in water. (Disclaimer: I have no firsthand experience with this, none whatsoever. I wouldn't lie about something like this... *Looks around with shifty eyes*)

I, too, dement every firsthand experience with Sodium. I've never seen it dance on a water surface, never seen the oxyhydrogen explosion tear the molten sodium ball into flying pieces.

*does not blink even once*

(actually it's a popular experiment in chemistry lessons in western Europe. I guess most people here have seen "Na dancing" at least once).


Never, I've also never dropped a piece into a bottle of coke. You can't prove I did, because there was nothing left of the bottle.


Gotta Love MythBusters
1298 and counting

AionArap
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:25 pm UTC

kryton wrote:
AionArap wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:
AionArap wrote:It also explodes in water. (Disclaimer: I have no firsthand experience with this, none whatsoever. I wouldn't lie about something like this... *Looks around with shifty eyes*)

I, too, dement every firsthand experience with Sodium. I've never seen it dance on a water surface, never seen the oxyhydrogen explosion tear the molten sodium ball into flying pieces.

*does not blink even once*

(actually it's a popular experiment in chemistry lessons in western Europe. I guess most people here have seen "Na dancing" at least once).


Never, I've also never dropped a piece into a bottle of coke. You can't prove I did, because there was nothing left of the bottle.


Gotta Love MythBusters


They did that too?
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

User avatar
Rafnar
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:26 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Rafnar » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:28 pm UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:16 people online, 120 guests...

JOIN US LURKERS.


Never .... dammit .... O god what have i done

User avatar
mybrainhurts
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 7:09 am UTC
Location: Baltic Sea, Germany

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mybrainhurts » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:30 pm UTC

higgs-boson wrote:(actually it's a popular experiment in chemistry lessons in western Europe. I guess most people here have seen "Na dancing" at least once).

Yeah, that is so. Or even better, just before the holidays we always played "naval battle": big bowl of water, folding paper boats, Na pieces in it, and then, of course: Wait for it.


Recently I waited at the supermarket checkout, and listened to the people behind me talking, 2 boys and a girl around 18. I almost tilted when one of the boys explained why he only buys water with very little Na - just because oft this experiment he once saw in his chemical lessons!
Last edited by mybrainhurts on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kryton
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kryton » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:31 pm UTC

Fighting an irresistable urge to connesour...ergh...graagh...

I find the emotional upliftmentation of frame 35 to be the most penultimate, the point at which the first completion and fulfillment of expectations are rendered in such clear detail, the body language and facial expressions so perfect in rapture of achievement, far superior to frame 34 where although the completion of the structure is accomplished, per say, but the body language, the postures lack the framing of satisfaction which is so evermoer present in the 35.
coupled with its rich floral and tobacco undertones, a brief peppery finish, it can only be superceeded by the ultimate conclusive and final end of time frame.
1298 and counting

User avatar
peewee_RotA
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby peewee_RotA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:
kryton wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:I'm on it. The last bolder trap may have failed to kill that Professor Jones guy but I have refined it with big spikes, Holy uranium and even more dramatic music.


But doesn't Plutonium catching fire in warm open air? That aught to be a much more impressive boulder trap.


Nah, Sodium (Na) does that.


A Francium Boulder with a pit of water at the end... now thats an idea.


Fracium would unfortunately not last long enough in bulk and plutonium would be a challenge obtaining.


I thought we produce so much in waste we have trouble getting rid of it!

Dear US Dept. of Energy. Do I have an idea for you!
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 36 guests