1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

cari.j.elliot

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby cari.j.elliot » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:57 pm UTC

peewee_RotA wrote:
cari.j.elliot wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
cari.j.elliot wrote:I have a sig! Does this mean I have leveled up as an Initiate of Time? Do I at some point become eligible for Cardinality?

The Initiates of Time do not have an organized hierarchy. You could ask them, but I doubt it's worth knowing their lame opinions. Try being a Timewaiter.

Sorry, I think I had to visit the Outside when Timewaiters became the accepted term, so my mind still fills in the blank with Initiate!

You can be initiated into the Time Waiters. Close enough :D

EDIT...
Holy scriptures:
http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Religion

Ah, but I quantify the passage of Time in NewPix still, apparently disqualifying me from the Timewaiters group, per your above-posted documentation.
I would like to request that anyone currently doing whatever and posting a large (or even medium) number/volume of responses in a singe post should
Spoiler:
spoiler them.
Thank you.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

diego5wh wrote:
Helper wrote:
diego5wh wrote:I haven't been here for a while, but things have been slowing down he. I wonder how long will it go on, may be time will outlast this tread.. may be not. may be right until the last second of our existence in this unholy earth someone will be posting here...

Also the pope page in the wiki is really lacking information, I think is time for us to get to know better helper the first, like what are his dreams at night, how many sugar cubes per coffee cup? semeneated or unsemeneated coffee? a giant duck or 100 duck sized horses? you know all the important stuff to complete the wiki page.

Let's see...
Dreams at night: throwing china at loonies and watching said loonies sufffering bipolar breakdowns.
0 sugar cube is semenated coffe, obviously.
A giant duck. Or a hundred duck-sized ducks.

ok this is as much as I will vandalize add to the wiki today. but when my outside duties are done i will be back, even if, heaven forbids, times stops.

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Pope_Helper_the_first

There is an error on the Pope's page - he* said 100 duck-sized DUCKS, not horses.

higgs-boson wrote:
orthogon wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:...
I must bow to your greater theological knowledge. In my heathen ignorance I had presumed to notice that the symbol t has long been held as symbolic of Time itself, and that the denomination "vistitator" contains exactly three instances of the Holy Grapheme, which I foolishly thought might symbolise the Holy "Trintity" (Cueball, Megan and the One True Castle) itself.

No offense Tttaken. :D

---
peewee_RotA wrote:We need a ruling from Pope Helper, although some cardinals can shed light.

What is the preferred standard terminology when converting Timeframes to metric Longpix? Basically we need to make up another clever word to represent the time warp changes that affected the TimeFrame intervals in outsider time.

Long time ago I suggested vpx /nju:pix/ (first letter being Greek ny) for the "physical appearance" of a newpix. Definition of vpx/min, average vpx/day (with min and day being some strange Outside time units) would be easily done. In the Beginning, we experienced 1 vpx/newpix, then it dropped to 0.5 vpx/newpix, creating the need for longpix as new calibration target for gauging.

Would this help?

However, if we'd dig into newpix as a measurement of time (no capital T) and tie it to the events, we would let Time bending time and risking knots in our brains.
Yeah, a Cardinal statement would be appreciated*.

*Apostolic Visitators are known for their questions, not answers.

The only valid measurement of Time is by TimeFrame (or "newpix" as the Unorthodox Eastern Timewaiter heretics call it). There is no time, only Time. Some poor souls feel it necessary to map outsider time onto true Time. But a TimeFrame is a TimeFrame is a TimeFrame. Sometimes our imperfect, outsider-born bodies subjectively experience the Waiting as lasting longer now that it used to. This thinking is heretical, and may possibly require exorcism (I know a good exorcist).

Since you ask about "conversion," you obviously need a good beating. However, the name of that subjective experience of longer Waiting periods is an actual phenomenon of the Weak of Faith, and although I am immune to it, it is agreed that We must have a word for it. My understanding of this phenomenon is that the longer the subjective experience of The Wait is, the level of anxiety and discontent rises. I thus propose we call it Menopause.

Example
Weak One: There is now an "hour" between each TimeFrame.
buffygirl: My child, you are experiencing Menopause, a dangerous state of being. Repent!

*EDIT: changed "she" to "he."
Last edited by buffygirl on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:13 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:I would post more often but I don't know how to clever.

I need lessons. As evidenced by the fact I registered in 2008 but didn't start posting until this thread. What a sad, sad, small little post count I have.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

kryton

Postby kryton » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

cari.j.elliot wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
cari.j.elliot wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
cari.j.elliot wrote:I have a sig! Does this mean I have leveled up as an Initiate of Time? Do I at some point become eligible for Cardinality?

The Initiates of Time do not have an organized hierarchy. You could ask them, but I doubt it's worth knowing their lame opinions. Try being a Timewaiter.

Sorry, I think I had to visit the Outside when Timewaiters became the accepted term, so my mind still fills in the blank with Initiate!

EDIT...
Holy scriptures:

Ah, but I quantify the passage of Time in NewPix still, apparently disqualifying me from the Timewaiters group, per your above-posted documentation.

You could join the eastern unorthodox, but you then have to use the old term 'newpix' and call yourself a TimeWaiter, though that combination is heresy to these western youngsters.
1298 and counting

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:03 pm UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
KarMann wrote:
udscbt wrote:
KarMann wrote:Perhaps a group of us should look into this. Call it the Congregation for the Doctrine of Temporal Faith, or something. Nobody would expect that.

Excuse me! I am the Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis (check the wiki and this), we don't need to create one.

Excellent. Deranged minds think alike. Get busy, then; looks like you've got work to do.

The CDT presents:
Faith FAQ!
Q: What was before Time?
A: Nothing was before Time. Time always was and always will be.
Q: Who or what created Time?
A: Time itself created itself. The name we give to the Creator aspect of Time is Lord Randall.
Q: How do Time affect our lives?
A: Time decided to reveal itself through the One True Comic, created by Lord Randall. The One True Comic always was and it is Time, and as Time it must be worshipped. The One True Comic is both in Newpixia and in the Outside, to help the ones deceived by the Hat.
Q: If Time always existed, why do I remember things before it?
A: In Truth, what you remember is only an illusion. After the creation of Time, Lord Randall created the Hat as his servant. But the Hat became envious of the power reserved to the One True Comic and declared war to it. Time banished the Hat from Newpixia and it is now doomed to live in the Outside where he tries to deceive the faithfuls.
Disclaimer: not all hats are evil
Q: How do you protect yourself from the Hat?
A: You have to burn it and after that purify yourself by drinking blessed baby-free semenated coffe. Beware, because even the strongest can be tricked by the Hat (e.g. our Arch-Cardinal)
Q: What are Newpixia and the Outside?
A: Newpixia is the place where Time resides, we all belong to Newpixia but we have to remain in the Outside until the Hat won't be destroyed.
Q: What is a Frame?
A: A Frame is a Revelation from Time through the One True Comic. Lord Randall draws every Frame for us to venerate. If you miss a Frame, you have to look it from a holy archive as soon as possible.
Q: How do I know when a Frame will come?
A: Time created the Ancestral DONG to warn us of and incoming Revelation, but the screams of the Hat can cover its holy sound. Only the most faithful can hear it over the Hat's lament. If you're not yet ready to listen directly to the Ancestral DONG, two Web-based DONG have been created: http://www.webcountdown.de/?a=gxMXfoy and http://www.webcountdown.net/?a=v2WZqAO&k=H68Q; beware, in its gigantic evilness the Hat has sped up the outsider "time", making the first Web-based DONG useless.
Q: How should I worship Time?
A: Avoid sleep because you will miss Frames, coma instead. Reject the Outside, because it is the Reign of the Hat. Drink coffee everyday, but don't add babies to it; if you want, you can drink it with semen, but only of virgins. Don't assume that the Timewaiter you're talking about is a male, use a gender-neutral pronoun instead; you shouldn't assume anything actually. And most of all, "Wait for it.".
Q: How can I learn more about the Timewaiters?
A: The Holy Scriptures will help you.
Note: the Holy Scriptures are shared with other religions, some of which are heretic.
Q: ???
A: !!!
Q: Can you prove all these things?
A: Of course I can, it's a shame you will be burned as a heretic before you can hear the answer.
Q: Who gives you all this authority?
A: Burn the heretic!
Q: I think that...
A: Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!

I say you can't prove these things. I also have a definite suspicion you can't begin to burn hard enough to hurt me. Your move. :twisted:

*pokes buffygirl and whoever else happens to be on* Never did see a reply to this... the comfy chair, perhaps? :P

Although as a fire-based being I would probably just scorch it into sand... or coffee grounds.

Luckily, another Cardinal found a new form of punishment:
bigcrag92 wrote:[the stuck down is our new form of punishment. you get stuck onto a sheet, covered in honey, and have ants released upon you...

cari.j.elliot wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
cari.j.elliot wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:

EDIT...
Holy scriptures:

You have the requirements to become a Cardinal, but you obviously lack of True Faith. Come back when you will have recognized the truth.
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:05 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:Is the NewPix interval still at one Outsider "hour"? Or is the Time dilation continuing?!?

EDIT: OK, never mind -- another NewPix as expected... <whew>

Here are all your answers.

peewee_RotA wrote:
The Bus wrote:With only 48 frames a day

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Longpix

My child, you are experiencing Menopause. Repent, and accept the TimeFrame as the one True Measure of Time!

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:06 pm UTC

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:06 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
KarMann wrote:
udscbt wrote:
KarMann wrote:Perhaps a group of us should look into this. Call it the Congregation for the Doctrine of Temporal Faith, or something. Nobody would expect that.

Excuse me! I am the Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis (check the wiki and this), we don't need to create one.

Excellent. Deranged minds think alike. Get busy, then; looks like you've got work to do.

The CDT presents:
Faith FAQ!
A: Time itself created itself. The name we give to the Creator aspect of Time is Lord Randall.
A: Time decided to reveal itself through the One True Comic, created by Lord Randall. The One True Comic always was and it is Time, and as Time it must be worshipped. The One True Comic is both in Newpixia and in the Outside, to help the ones deceived by the Hat.
A: In Truth, what you remember is only an illusion. After the creation of Time, Lord Randall created the Hat as his servant. But the Hat became envious of the power reserved to the One True Comic and declared war to it. Time banished the Hat from Newpixia and it is now doomed to live in the Outside where he tries to deceive the faithfuls.
A: You have to burn it and after that purify yourself by drinking blessed baby-free semenated coffe. Beware, because even the strongest can be tricked by the Hat (e.g. our Arch-Cardinal)
A: Newpixia is the place where Time resides, we all belong to Newpixia but we have to remain in the Outside until the Hat won't be destroyed.
A: A Frame is a Revelation from Time through the One True Comic. Lord Randall draws every Frame for us to venerate. If you miss a Frame, you have to look it from a holy archive as soon as possible.
A: Time created the Ancestral DONG to warn us of and incoming Revelation, but the screams of the Hat can cover its holy sound. Only the most faithful can hear it over the Hat's lament. If you're not yet ready to listen directly to the Ancestral DONG, two Web-based DONG have been created: http://www.webcountdown.de/?a=gxMXfoy and http://www.webcountdown.net/?a=v2WZqAO&k=H68Q; beware, in its gigantic evilness the Hat has sped up the outsider "time", making the first Web-based DONG useless.
A: Avoid sleep because you will miss Frames, coma instead. Reject the Outside, because it is the Reign of the Hat. Drink coffee everyday, but don't add babies to it; if you want, you can drink it with semen, but only of virgins. Don't assume that the Timewaiter you're talking about is a male, use a gender-neutral pronoun instead; you shouldn't assume anything actually. And most of all, "Wait for it.".
Note: the Holy Scriptures are shared with other religions, some of which are heretic.
A: Of course I can, it's a shame you will be burned as a heretic before you can hear the answer.

I say you can't prove these things. I also have a definite suspicion you can't begin to burn hard enough to hurt me. Your move. :twisted:

*pokes buffygirl and whoever else happens to be on* Never did see a reply to this... the comfy chair, perhaps? :P

Although as a fire-based being I would probably just scorch it into sand... or coffee grounds.

bigcrag92 wrote:[the stuck down is our new form of punishment. you get stuck onto a sheet, covered in honey, and have ants released upon you...

Question is, how much fire can an ant withstand before dying? Sounds like a good candidate for a what-if, although for immediate purposes I don't think it's long enough to bother me.
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:14 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:Catching up on some of the recent postings I missed, and I see this from our Arch-Cardinal:

buffygirl wrote:
buffygirl wrote:Ok, so I think that the final culmination of The One True Comic (if there is one) MUST involve something specifically about either Time or Waiting. Also, I think we will have another zoom-out, and then maybe another few after that. Eventually it will be the earth, then the solar system, the galaxy, the universe.

The castle-building is a metaphor for human existence in general, and the eventual zooming out will put both Humanity and Time in perspective -- maybe something going all the way back to the Big Bong Theory.

Okay, all you people care about is Hats and Evil (snipped from quote). The Arch-Cardinal posted about the content of the One True Comic! for once Hear Her!

Signed,
buffygirl, She who Rises From The Flames Like A Phoenix To Continue With Her Pursuit of Hat Perfection.

Edit: *pouts*

You know what? That was a really insightful thought amidst the normal hatophilia! I apologize for not being on-line earlier and commenting on it at the Time -- hopefully this will retroactively de-pout ya!

EDITTED too coreckt mie schitty spelingk..

Your faith in my Wisdom is commendable. You get a bunny rabbit *pulls a bunny rabbit out of her Blue MadHatter Hat.*

Awwww.... Thanks! I love bunny rabbits!

*Lights grill* Hmmm... Now where do I put that rabbit-skewer?
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:19 pm UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:
udscbt wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
KarMann wrote:
udscbt wrote:

The CDT presents:
Faith FAQ!

Question is, how much fire can an ant withstand before dying? Sounds like a good candidate for a what-if, although for immediate purposes I don't think it's long enough to bother me.

The ants may be useless, but the honey will prevent you from breathing. Thus you will die of asphyxia, raise and then die again, until the end of Time. If that doesn't work, your fire will be extinguished with blessed baby-free semenated coffee.
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:22 pm UTC

ugmhemhe wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:Catching up on some of the recent postings I missed, and I see this from our Arch-Cardinal:

buffygirl wrote:
buffygirl wrote:Ok, so I think that the final culmination of The One True Comic (if there is one) MUST involve something specifically about either Time or Waiting. Also, I think we will have another zoom-out, and then maybe another few after that. Eventually it will be the earth, then the solar system, the galaxy, the universe.

The castle-building is a metaphor for human existence in general, and the eventual zooming out will put both Humanity and Time in perspective -- maybe something going all the way back to the Big Bong Theory.

Okay, all you people care about is Hats and Evil (snipped from quote). The Arch-Cardinal posted about the content of the One True Comic! for once Hear Her!

Signed,
buffygirl, She who Rises From The Flames Like A Phoenix To Continue With Her Pursuit of Hat Perfection.

You know what? That was a really insightful thought amidst the normal hatophilia! I apologize for not being on-line earlier and commenting on it at the Time -- hopefully this will retroactively de-pout ya!

Your faith in my Wisdom is commendable. You get a bunny rabbit *pulls a bunny rabbit out of her Blue MadHatter Hat.*

I want a hat too :D

In fairness, I did not give StratPlayer a hat, but the bunny rabbit I pulled from the hat. However, Here you go:
images (9).jpg
Hat For ugmhemhe.
images (9).jpg (4.5 KiB) Viewed 10028 times

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:28 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:Is the NewPix interval still at one Outsider "hour"? Or is the Time dilation continuing?!?

EDIT: OK, never mind -- another NewPix as expected... <whew>

Here are all your answers.

peewee_RotA wrote:
The Bus wrote:With only 48 frames a day

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Longpix

My child, you are experiencing Menopause. Repent, and accept the TimeFrame as the one True Measure of Time!

Ah, thank you for bringing the clarity of the TimeFrame to my imperfect human brain. I struggled over NewPix, newpic, longpix, DongPix, DongKeyPix, PicsOfDongKeyDong and other imperfect measurements of Time. I was on the verge of MenoPause there, and verily, I was feeling the crankiness and moodiness of its heathen influence.

I am now enlightened...

EDITED TO ADD: ...although I still crave chocolate
Last edited by StratPlayer on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:41 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

nighthoover

Postby nighthoover » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:30 pm UTC

Is this the right place for the free hats?

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:31 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
ugmhemhe wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

buffygirl wrote:

Signed,

In fairness, I did not give StratPlayer a hat, but the bunny rabbit I pulled from the hat. However, Here you go:
images (9).jpg

I want a bunny rabbit wearing a hat. Please.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

htom

Postby htom » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:31 pm UTC

bigcrag92 wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
nighthoover wrote:>>trying to think of what part of the body the uk would be to europe...<<

The brains of course.

And Scotland would be the hat.

That can't be right. Scotland should always be the kilt.
Which would mean the UK would be...

Who spiked the semen cancercoffee?

everyone knows there's nothing under the kilt...

... not going there.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

Mr Moriaty

Postby Mr Moriaty » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:33 pm UTC

Has Holy Geophysicist I have my hat sorted.

Also excellent against raptors.
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

kryton

Postby kryton » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:34 pm UTC

nighthoover wrote:Is this the right place for free hat?

you will have to warm the governor's cold hart with a hot island song...
1298 and counting

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:36 pm UTC

Hats To Date:
Spoiler:
ImageRoundcap Hat ImageBaseball Hat ImageBorgias-1 Hat
ImageCowboy Hat ImageBorias-2 Hat ImageAionArap-Green Hat
ImageAionArap-Red Hat ImageAionArap-Red Hat Burning ImageRising From Flames Part I
500full-forhatcombo1b-combohat-3-burning-flatter-full flame!-smlr.jpg
500full-forhatcombo1b-combohat-3-burning-flatter-full flame!-smlr.jpg (7.18 KiB) Viewed 9970 times
Rising From Flames Part II
ImageBlue MadHatter Hat

peewee_RotA

Postby peewee_RotA » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:37 pm UTC

kryton wrote:You could join the eastern unorthodox, but you then have to use the old term 'newpix' and call yourself a TimeWaiter, though that combination is heresy to these western youngsters.

There would be no confusion. TimeWaiters are servers who work at the restaurant Milliways, located conveniently at the end of the universe.

We are Timewaiters.
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/

nighthoover

Postby nighthoover » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:42 pm UTC

>>you will have to warm the governor's cold hart with a hot island song...

*clears throat*
*sings*

I want a hat please
Can I have a hat?
I want a hat please because it's rather cold outside and I have to go to the pub very soooooooon

Thank you.

kryton

Postby kryton » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:45 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:Hats To Date:

Love the super sayan full room flame hat
1298 and counting

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:46 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
ugmhemhe wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

buffygirl wrote:

Signed,

The attachment images (9).jpg is no longer available

Fine. Here:
Bunny Rabbit w hat.jpg
Bunny Rabbit w hat.jpg (10.18 KiB) Viewed 9938 times

Mr Moriaty

Postby Mr Moriaty » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:47 pm UTC

DO you just have a hard drive full of hats and bunnies?
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:48 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
udscbt wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
KarMann wrote:
udscbt wrote:

The CDT presents:
Faith FAQ!

The ants may be useless, but the honey will prevent you from breathing. Thus you will die of asphyxia, raise and then die again, until the end of Time. If that doesn't work, your fire will be extinguished with blessed baby-free semenated coffee.

Gonna take a lot of honey... also I imagine it'll decay over Time until eventually there's not enough to suffocate me anymore. You're welcome to try the coffee and see what happens though!
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:48 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:dude/tte is even better.

The -ette suffix, along with -ess, -tress, -trix, etc., are used to denote the female equivalent of the [noun] in question. The implication being that girls/women/females aren't supposed to normally be considered as that [noun]. Which I can understand could be construed to be an offensive stance. So you're better off accepting your dudeness as an equal member of our sexist society, dudette. ;)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:50 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
fhorn wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
ugmhemhe wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

buffygirl wrote:

Signed,

images (9).jpg

Fine. Here:
Bunny Rabbit w hat.jpg

Many thanks, oh Great and Powerful One! I shall name it Princess Buttercup Bunnyhat.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

kryton

Postby kryton » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:51 pm UTC

nighthoover wrote:>>you will have to warm the governor's cold hart with a hot island song...

*clears throat*
*sings*

I want a hat please
Can I have a hat?
I want a hat please because it's rather cold outside and I have to go to the pub very soooooooon

Thank you.

Arch-Cardinal Buffy has the keys to the hat closet.
1298 and counting

kryton

Postby kryton » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:59 pm UTC

kryton wrote:
nighthoover wrote:>>you will have to warm the governor's cold hart with a hot island song...

*clears throat*
*sings*

I want a hat please
Can I have a hat?

Thank you.

Arch-Cardinal Buffy has the keys to the hat closet.

unless you would like one of ours?
Attachments
1_949dab71d387fb91643cf131193b6522.jpg
1_949dab71d387fb91643cf131193b6522.jpg (6.05 KiB) Viewed 9894 times
1298 and counting

RobIrr

Postby RobIrr » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:00 pm UTC

get a move on
RobIrr, Bishop of the Diocese of Recursive Magic Kingdoi.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:02 pm UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:
udscbt wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
udscbt wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
KarMann wrote:
udscbt wrote:

The CDT presents:
Faith FAQ!

Gonna take a lot of honey... also I imagine it'll decay over Time until eventually there's not enough to suffocate me anymore. You're welcome to try the coffee and see what happens though!

*throws cup of coffee to PhoenixRising*

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:03 pm UTC

nighthoover wrote:Is this the right place for the free hats?

*clears throat*
*sings*

I want a hat please
Can I have a hat?

Thank you.

Mmmhmmm:
man drinking ale with hat.jpg
man drinking ale with hat.jpg (13.54 KiB) Viewed 9895 times

ugmhemhe

Postby ugmhemhe » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:04 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
ugmhemhe wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

buffygirl wrote:

Signed,

images (9).jpg

haha! thanks! now i have a problem, Kermit the frog won't stay still so I can place the hat on him :/

you can have the skirt, if it please you my lady

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:[...]
I was just planning on using a blimp and cape...

"No Capes." [1]
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:14 pm UTC

kryton wrote:

Thank you. My super-powers allowed me to save all but the AionArap-Red Hat.

Mr Moriaty wrote:DO you just have a hard drive full of hats and bunnies?

Yes.

cari.j.elliot

Postby cari.j.elliot » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:28 pm UTC

I think I shall stay with my newpix and longpix. None of your newfangled phraseology. I shall not bow down to mere current fads and popularity. There is a truth beyond the popular consensus, a greater truth of Time.
I would like to request that anyone currently doing whatever and posting a large (or even medium) number/volume of responses in a singe post should
Spoiler:
spoiler them.
Thank you.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:30 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
kryton wrote:

Thank you. My super-powers allowed me to save all but the AionArap-Red Hat.

Understandable, it was way too hot for you anyway.

cari.j.elliot wrote:I think I shall stay with my newpix and longpix. None of your newfangled phraseology. I shall not bow down to mere current fads and popularity. There is a truth beyond the popular consensus, a greater truth of Time.

Hear hear, I'm with you on that my friend.
Last edited by AionArap on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 pm UTC

orthogon wrote:Guys/dudes/y'all, please no more discussion of 2001 without spoiler tags! Some of us haven't seen the movie yet! Well, ok, "some" is probably an over-estimate. It's probably just me.

Really, you want spoiler tags for something that came out 45 years ago3.

KarMann wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:On meta:
Do we have to align our speculations about the things Randall may have intended to say with the comic? Maybe #1190 was nothing but an infrastructural test run for April 1st? Or do we have to evaluate both comics in another context: How many resources (#1190: human resources, #1193: human resources and, of course, a great deal of CPU time, clima etc.) can a single man burn down for next to nothing?

Don't forget Wikipedia editors' time, for #1193.

Because, as we know, Wikipedia editors aren't human.1

AionArap wrote:
bigcrag92 wrote:
PinkShinyRose wrote:
udscbt wrote:Wait a moment, you also mispelled my name when you ratified me!

Wait, does that mean you are not actually a cardinal?

*sigh* fine

I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision. by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

Guess this means both you and buffygirl need to be "stuck down", as your previous attempt at ratification was clearly erroneous.

The attempt was erroneous, but the decision was not, hence they do not need to be stuck down.

iAnd now you're trapped for all Time!

1Actually most vandalism gets picked up by Cluebot, but that counts under CPU time.
2Birthday shoutout to HAL9000.
eBy theatrical release date.
3Exactly; forty-five years2 ago, todaye.
πI don't know howπ you got herei.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

jaxnoth

Postby jaxnoth » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:34 pm UTC

It's a recursive sandcastle... He is building one on top of the other.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:35 pm UTC

cari.j.elliot wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:
cari.j.elliot wrote:
peewee_RotA wrote:

EDIT...
Holy scriptures:

*sighs* Yet another wandering Lost Soul. My child, you are experiencing Menopause. Turn away from the Newpix!

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:42 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
udscbt wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
udscbt wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
KarMann wrote:
udscbt wrote:

The CDT presents:
Faith FAQ!

*throws cup of coffee to PhoenixRising*

Hmm. I think it gave me cancer. But no matter, the fire of the phoenix will triumph over these miserable cell-things!

cari.j.elliot wrote:I think I shall stay with my newpix and longpix. None of your newfangled phraseology. I shall not bow down to mere current fads and popularity. There is a truth beyond the popular consensus, a greater truth of Time.

Newpix forever!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”