1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
spamjam
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:06 pm UTC
Location: greenlake seawash

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby spamjam » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:02 am UTC

Image

User avatar
tman2nd
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:56 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere south of the North Poll

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:03 am UTC

She's leaving?
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

User avatar
tman2nd
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:56 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere south of the North Poll

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:05 am UTC

Helper wrote:
orthogon wrote:
higgs-boson (in his/her sig) wrote:Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers

Hang on a minute. The historical record as revealed by the One True Thread clearly shows that His (or her) (arse-)holiness Pope Helper the zeroth appointed you Apostolic Vistitator and owing to papal infallibility this must stand. I beseech you to change your sig accordingly, lest you be burned as a heretic.
[Edit: pronouns]
[Edit2: I used the Outsider unit "minute". I meant "Hang on a centilongpix" (roughly speaking). Mea maxima culpa.]

Simon says "Apostolic Visitator" is the correct title.

Now, is there any more popish-business I need to tend to?

There's this business.
tman2nd wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
ubscdt wrote:since it was my first post, it was well-buried before being approved by a moderator -- & since this is only my second post, i can't link to it or quote properly.

but!

i repeat it here for a chance of being seen.



> bigcrag92 wrote:
>> not at all. we have two cardinals. if someone creates a user account with ubscdt then they will be automatically be a cardinal. its an incentive to encourage lurkers to register...


> i've always wanted to be a religious figure.


Welcome, welcome, welcome. I presume that we should be nominating you for Cardinal?

Though I'm not entirely sure exactly how that process works... doesn't a Cardinal need to do that? (As an aside, would I qualify for Cardinalhood? Is that even something I really want?)

bigcrag92 said that ubscdt would automatically become a cardinal, but doesn't that need Papal confirmation?
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

User avatar
Exodies
Posts: 919
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:36 pm UTC
Location: Blackwaterside

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Exodies » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:07 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:
josiahstevenson wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
josiahstevenson wrote:Been lurking since page three or so, through the madness and all. Almost wrote something like "NFW I'm reading eighty-seven pages" back when that was all there were.

Anyway, I like the self-reference on the middle tower. First thing that's happened (to the actual True Comic, or whatever you call it) in three days, it seems like.

The religion stuff has been interesting to watch, though, and I feel like that was/is more of the point of the Comic in the first place.

I wonder if it'll go to one Newpix per two Outside hours this next week, and then three or four hours the week after that. I'm sure there's been plenty of speculation on that point in some of the 200+ pages of this needle-pulled thing I'll never get to, though.


Surely you could get through the full 239 NewPages of the One True needle-pulled thing, if you were truly devoted enough.

Most of it was at least moderately amusing... though I think much of that may have be-did lost in the madness, somewhere.


I could, if I were truly devoted enough. I probably have read twenty or thirty of the pages, scattered throughout the thread. Quite amusing. Maybe I'll come back and read it all when my comps are over in June.

I am caught up from about 196 onwards. I think in the future I might read from the beginning to where I started.

There is no future. There is only Time.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby KarMann » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:08 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:She's leaving?

My take on it is that a NewPix ago, he was going "see? Look what I made!", and now Megan is going "oh yeah? That's nothing, check this out!" Time will tell.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
PhoenixRising
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:53 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby PhoenixRising » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:10 am UTC

Exodies wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
josiahstevenson wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
josiahstevenson wrote:Been lurking since page three or so, through the madness and all. Almost wrote something like "NFW I'm reading eighty-seven pages" back when that was all there were.

Anyway, I like the self-reference on the middle tower. First thing that's happened (to the actual True Comic, or whatever you call it) in three days, it seems like.

The religion stuff has been interesting to watch, though, and I feel like that was/is more of the point of the Comic in the first place.

I wonder if it'll go to one Newpix per two Outside hours this next week, and then three or four hours the week after that. I'm sure there's been plenty of speculation on that point in some of the 200+ pages of this needle-pulled thing I'll never get to, though.


Surely you could get through the full 239 NewPages of the One True needle-pulled thing, if you were truly devoted enough.

Most of it was at least moderately amusing... though I think much of that may have be-did lost in the madness, somewhere.


I could, if I were truly devoted enough. I probably have read twenty or thirty of the pages, scattered throughout the thread. Quite amusing. Maybe I'll come back and read it all when my comps are over in June.

I am caught up from about 196 onwards. I think in the future I might read from the beginning to where I started.

There is no future. There is only Time.


The future is part of Time. It's the Past you were thinking of.
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:11 am UTC

Alright:
Simon says I doth rasterize the declaration that ubscdt art now Cardinal ubscdt of Peanut Butter and Jelly. And so it was.
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

User avatar
Exodies
Posts: 919
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:36 pm UTC
Location: Blackwaterside

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Exodies » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:27 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:
Exodies wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
josiahstevenson wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
josiahstevenson wrote:Been lurking since page three or so, through the madness and all. Almost wrote something like "NFW I'm reading eighty-seven pages" back when that was all there were.

Anyway, I like the self-reference on the middle tower. First thing that's happened (to the actual True Comic, or whatever you call it) in three days, it seems like.

The religion stuff has been interesting to watch, though, and I feel like that was/is more of the point of the Comic in the first place.

I wonder if it'll go to one Newpix per two Outside hours this next week, and then three or four hours the week after that. I'm sure there's been plenty of speculation on that point in some of the 200+ pages of this needle-pulled thing I'll never get to, though.


Surely you could get through the full 239 NewPages of the One True needle-pulled thing, if you were truly devoted enough.

Most of it was at least moderately amusing... though I think much of that may have be-did lost in the madness, somewhere.


I could, if I were truly devoted enough. I probably have read twenty or thirty of the pages, scattered throughout the thread. Quite amusing. Maybe I'll come back and read it all when my comps are over in June.

I am caught up from about 196 onwards. I think in the future I might read from the beginning to where I started.

There is no future. There is only Time.


The future is part of Time. It's the Past you were thinking of.


If there was a future then clever people would find a way to steal from it and our offspring would have to work past normal retirement age to pay for their own birth and this obviously isn't happeni... I need a better argument.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1848
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:31 am UTC

spamjam wrote:Image


He looks a bit dissapointed. Like he expected more of a reaction for his little recursion trick. Can't tell if she's walking away in disgust, or as a "Come, see what I've been working on."

tman2nd wrote:-snipped-
You're almost at your 100th post.


I know, crazy isn't it? I remember probably a week ago (is it more now? Gosh, how Time flies) I was hesitantly posting for the first time on this thread, cautious but wanting to join in the fun. Hell, that post has been lost somewhere back in the jumble. I wonder if BlitzGirl has seen it by now.
Image

User avatar
spamjam
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:06 pm UTC
Location: greenlake seawash

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby spamjam » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:47 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:I know, crazy isn't it? I remember probably a week ago (is it more now? Gosh, how Time flies) I was hesitantly posting for the first time on this thread, cautious but wanting to join in the fun. Hell, that post has been lost somewhere back in the jumble. I wonder if BlitzGirl has seen it by now.

As I've mentioned previously: "Time flies like an arrow".

Fruit flies like a dead horse.

User avatar
Shepherdess
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:58 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Shepherdess » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:53 am UTC

I don't think she likes the alterations he made in her absence.
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Your Eternal Servant And Companion Through Time,
Dame Not-Bob
Temporal Defender Of The One True Comic

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby KarMann » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:00 am UTC

Image
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
PhoenixRising
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:53 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby PhoenixRising » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:02 am UTC

spamjam wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:I know, crazy isn't it? I remember probably a week ago (is it more now? Gosh, how Time flies) I was hesitantly posting for the first time on this thread, cautious but wanting to join in the fun. Hell, that post has been lost somewhere back in the jumble. I wonder if BlitzGirl has seen it by now.

As I've mentioned previously: "Time flies like an arrow".

Fruit flies like a dead horse.


*iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg*

And what do time vultures fly like?
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

User avatar
asmodai
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:28 pm UTC
Location: Cambridge, Ma
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby asmodai » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:12 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:
And what do time vultures fly like?


A Banana.

Wait, crap.

Elmach
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:47 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Elmach » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:15 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:
spamjam wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:I know, crazy isn't it? I remember probably a week ago (is it more now? Gosh, how Time flies) I was hesitantly posting for the first time on this thread, cautious but wanting to join in the fun. Hell, that post has been lost somewhere back in the jumble. I wonder if BlitzGirl has seen it by now.

As I've mentioned previously: "Time flies like an arrow".

Fruit flies like a dead horse.


*iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg*

And what do time vultures fly like?


The inexorable wall of death.

User avatar
Shepherdess
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:58 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Shepherdess » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:17 am UTC

KarMann wrote:Image


Am I reading too much into it, or does it look like his head is bowed in sadness?
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Your Eternal Servant And Companion Through Time,
Dame Not-Bob
Temporal Defender Of The One True Comic

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:28 am UTC

Legend be told that the uncrenelated will be crenelated by the bald one. And, yay, prophecy was fulfilled.
Last edited by azule on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:31 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
tman2nd
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:56 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere south of the North Poll

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:28 am UTC

Shepherdess wrote:
KarMann wrote:Image


Am I reading too much into it, or does it look like his head is bowed in sadness?

I think he's working on something else down there.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

User avatar
Mr Moriaty
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 am UTC
Location: A ship in the North Sea.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Mr Moriaty » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:33 am UTC

Morning all.

Cueball is the slowest stick figure ever... At the speed he's going I'm wondering if he's not making this out of Basalt instead of sand.

Surely whatever Megan is doing is more interesting?
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

User avatar
dreiarmumig
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby dreiarmumig » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:36 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:I think he's working on something else down there.


Image

User avatar
Mr Moriaty
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 am UTC
Location: A ship in the North Sea.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Mr Moriaty » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:38 am UTC

dreiarmumig wrote:
tman2nd wrote:I think he's working on something else down there.


Image


I do not.... please explain in a long graphically over detailed post.
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

User avatar
Flotter
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:33 am UTC
Location: Heerenveen, NL

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Flotter » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:40 am UTC

Megan might be building another sand castle below the original one, so you get a sand castle on top of a sand castle on top of a sand castle. Although that might be difficult with the rising water level... Plus it wouldn't be very imaginative.

On second thought, Megan is doing something pretty awesome which we may or may not see later on.

User avatar
dreiarmumig
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby dreiarmumig » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:41 am UTC

Mr Moriaty wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
tman2nd wrote:I think he's working on something else down there.


Image


I do not.... please explain in a long graphically over detailed post.


Oh, I'm not so sure myself. I thought you might.

User avatar
Shepherdess
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:58 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Shepherdess » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:45 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
KarMann wrote:Image


Am I reading too much into it, or does it look like his head is bowed in sadness?

I think he's working on something else down there.


I don't know, after she left, it just seems so sad.
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Your Eternal Servant And Companion Through Time,
Dame Not-Bob
Temporal Defender Of The One True Comic

User avatar
higgs-boson
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 pm UTC
Location: Europe (UTC + 4 newpix)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby higgs-boson » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:46 am UTC

Ha. What about this:

There will be another panning ...
Spoiler:
... in fact, it will be The Great Zoom Out,
where we will see that Megan and Cueball are just little puppets
of the Black Hat Guy, who's on vacancy at a (river|lake) beach.
He built two sand castles - one à la Neuschwanstein and one
typical late middle age Fortstress. Then he build a Great Mound
between them and began recursion.

Matryoshka Limit. - Where is that limit if you engineer a larger world*?

Phsaw!


*Rhetorical question. The larger world of a HO (or H0, for that matter) would, of course,
be real sized. And the outside of this real sized would be real(ly) large - ever seen a
locomotive with a length over 2 km? And since the outside of 'real sized' would be still
part of the reality, it would cause your brain to melt as fast as a common hockey puck
being able to push the goalie into the net would have to fly.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:48 am UTC

dreiarmumig wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
tman2nd wrote:I think he's working on something else down there.


Image


I do not.... please explain in a long graphically over detailed post.


Oh, I'm not so sure myself. I thought you might.

You see, the daddy bird fucks the momma bee, and there's also flowers involved but that's the kinky shit. :|
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
NotThatHatGuy
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby NotThatHatGuy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:49 am UTC

Shepherdess wrote:
KarMann wrote:
Spoiler:
Image


Am I reading too much into it, or does it look like his head is bowed in sadness?

You're reading too much into it. 8-)

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby KarMann » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:49 am UTC

Shepherdess wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
KarMann wrote:Image

Am I reading too much into it, or does it look like his head is bowed in sadness?

I think he's working on something else down there.

I don't know, after she left, it just seems so sad.

That's probably just because of the cancerbabies.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
Quicksilver
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:49 am UTC

higgs-boson wrote:Ha. What about this:

There will be another panning ...
Spoiler:
... in fact, it will be The Great Zoom Out,
where we will see that Megan and Cueball are just little puppets
of the Black Hat Guy, who's on vacancy at a (river|lake) beach.
He built two sand castles - one à la Neuschwanstein and one
typical late middle age Fortstress. Then he build a Great Mound
between them and began recursion.

Matryoshka Limit. - Where is that limit if you engineer a larger world*?

Phsaw!


*Rhetorical question. The larger world of a HO (or H0, for that matter) would, of course,
be real sized. And the outside of this real sized would be real(ly) large - ever seen a
locomotive with a length over 2 km? And since the outside of 'real sized' would be still
part of the reality, it would cause your brain to melt as fast as a common hockey puck
being able to push the goalie into the net would have to fly.
Nah,
Spoiler:
it will actually start to snow and pan out to a reveal it as a snowglobe with BHG looking at it intently.

User avatar
dreiarmumig
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby dreiarmumig » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:51 am UTC

azule wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
tman2nd wrote:I think he's working on something else down there.


Image


I do not.... please explain in a long graphically over detailed post.


Oh, I'm not so sure myself. I thought you might.

You see, the daddy bird fucks the momma bee, and there's also flowers involved but that's the kinky shit. :|


Ah, interracial.

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:52 am UTC

dreiarmumig wrote:
azule wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
tman2nd wrote:I think he's working on something else down there.


Image


I do not.... please explain in a long graphically over detailed post.


Oh, I'm not so sure myself. I thought you might.

You see, the daddy bird fucks the momma bee, and there's also flowers involved but that's the kinky shit. :|


Ah, interracial.

Black and white, baby. Black and white. ;)
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby KarMann » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:00 am UTC

Image
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:00 am UTC

Crenelation finally done.
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
Mr Moriaty
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 am UTC
Location: A ship in the North Sea.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Mr Moriaty » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:01 am UTC

azule wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
azule wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
tman2nd wrote:I think he's working on something else down there.


Image


I do not.... please explain in a long graphically over detailed post.


Oh, I'm not so sure myself. I thought you might.

You see, the daddy bird fucks the momma bee, and there's also flowers involved but that's the kinky shit. :|


Ah, interracial.

Black and white, baby. Black and white. ;)


Bees are black and yellow silly.
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

User avatar
Rafnar
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:26 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Rafnar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:07 am UTC

This is the comic that never ends.
It just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started watching it not knowing what it was,
And they'll continue watching it forever just because . . .
This is the comic that never ends.
It just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started watching it not knowing what it was,
And they'll continue watching it forever just because . . .

User avatar
Shepherdess
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:58 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Shepherdess » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:08 am UTC

KarMann wrote:Image


I just realized I have no idea what those things on the top of the thingy are supposed to be.
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Your Eternal Servant And Companion Through Time,
Dame Not-Bob
Temporal Defender Of The One True Comic

GerardE
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:39 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby GerardE » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:10 am UTC

Will he now build us a majestic river on a microscopic scale?
Wait for IT. Business always complaining.

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:11 am UTC

Mr Moriaty wrote:
azule wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
azule wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
tman2nd wrote:I think he's working on something else down there.


Image


I do not.... please explain in a long graphically over detailed post.


Oh, I'm not so sure myself. I thought you might.

You see, the daddy bird fucks the momma bee, and there's also flowers involved but that's the kinky shit. :|


Ah, interracial.

Black and white, baby. Black and white. ;)


Bees are black and yellow silly.

Yes, probably. But that doesn't make a joke connecting it with the comic. The comic is black and white (and gray, I suppose). "Interracial" was my jumping off point -- my tangential point. I'm sorry it wasn't scientifically accurate enough. lol. :P
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby KarMann » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:15 am UTC

Shepherdess wrote:
KarMann wrote:Image

I just realized I have no idea what those things on the top of the thingy are supposed to be.

Which things on top of which thingy? There are towers, turrets, crenellations, flags, and the scale model of the whole scene to choose from.

Added: BTW, the model is about 1/7 scale, so nowhere even close to HO or H0. It will have a much higher Matryoshka limit, about 2.2 times greater either way.
Last edited by KarMann on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:21 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
higgs-boson
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 pm UTC
Location: Europe (UTC + 4 newpix)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby higgs-boson » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:16 am UTC

Mr Moriaty wrote:Bees are black and yellow silly.

Nope, that would be wasps.
Even the Buckfast honey bees aren't really black and yellow.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cougar Allen, elasto and 68 guests