1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Aariana

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Aariana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:22 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
AionArap wrote:
flekkie wrote:I think they are raising a panel that says 'The End' or something!

(It has to stop somewhere you know. Dont forget that this is yet the 522nd panel drawn.)

If anything, it would say "It".

That's what I thought of too. It does look like a banner.

Hi there, hope it's ok if I add my 2 cents in here. I can see how it would look like a banner, however, for the past 100 images or so, I've been entirely convinced this whole structure has been pulled from a mistranslated version of the Kama Sutra (see Mistranslations, comic #414).

And with that, I shall disappear for another X years.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:26 pm UTC

Aariana wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
AionArap wrote:
flekkie wrote:I think they are raising a panel that says 'The End' or something!

(It has to stop somewhere you know. Dont forget that this is yet the 522nd panel drawn.)

If anything, it would say "It".

That's what I thought of too. It does look like a banner.

Hi there, hope it's ok if I add my 2 cents in here. I can see how it would look like a banner, however, for the past 100 images or so, I've been entirely convinced this whole structure has been pulled from a mistranslated version of the Kama Sutra (see Mistranslations, comic #414).

And with that, I shall disappear for another X years.

I've been thinking this for the longest Time myself, but I'm still waiting for the skateboard ramp.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:26 pm UTC

Wildhound wrote:I can say with complete confidence that it won't end here. The rising tide has yet to have an impact and I am certain The One True Comic will not end before it does.

True. Either he'll make it look like the end, then do a tidal-wave copout, or the banner/castelift is simply not the end. I don't think all the talk about the sea and the river has been for nothing...

Besides, Time does not have an end. That's outsider heresy.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:I checked a religious text from the Outside, the IMDB, and it indeed says "such much?" - I stand corrected.

Nice to know that the useless knowledge stored in my head is at least correct.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

histrion

Postby histrion » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
histrion wrote:
EDIT: Ninja'd. Hey, wait, no fair throwing your coat over my head just to save the seat you want! :D

Would you rather I throw your head over the seat to save my coat? :wink:

On days when my sinuses are really acting up, perhaps I might. Today is not one of those days.
histrion, a.k.a. Sir Water of Ten, OKT, Archimandrite of Amicable Apostasy. Cheering on Blitzgirl, just because!

Time is a molecular acid.

partingLance

Postby partingLance » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:28 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Overwhelming forces from the Outside pulled me away for many newpix. I see the Timewaiters have been very busy.

edo wrote:
Smithers wrote:"We are the knights who say ...... wait for it ...... dery." Hang on, I got that wrong somewhere.

The Knights of Ledgen... wait for it... d.

lmjb1964 wrote:
I'm afraid that, since your first post was in the Externalities thread, you're not eligible for Cardinalship. You could, however, become a bishop, but as I said earlier I won't nominate new bishops today.

D'oh!

I'm sorry, but I hope you will continue waiting with us Timewaiters.

What other choice do I have? What choice do any of us have but to wait?

You can choose who to wait with; you can become a member of the Western Paradox Church, as I did. The Patriarch may still be trebucheting (a lot like cannonizing) Revered Apostates

I suppose I could start my own religion, but that sounds like way too much work. How do I prove myself worthy to be a Revered Apostate? Do bribes work?

To be eligible for induction into the Western Paradox Church, you must -- if I understand wrong -- vehemently disclaim any wish to join. Do so with sufficient conviction, and you may in fact find yourself elevated to sit at the left hand of the Patriarch Himself.

boozledorf wrote:It seems we may be nearing the end of the One True Comic.

We may; but of course, it's been said many times, many ways. Therefore, I prefer to cleave to the First and Greatest Commandment, at least for the duration.

EDIT:
But what am I saying (with my blather on the Western Paradox Church, above). My theology is a load of dingoes' kidneys. My would-be paradoxes aren't remotely deserving of the exalted name, but mere contradictions. I'm an unworthy unmember of the Church.
Last edited by partingLance on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:47 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
StratPlayer wrote:And at this very moment, someone on the Isle of Wight named Bungalo Bill is listening to the 'splat' made from using their family album to squash a beetle, that had ran, helter-skelter, straight for the wild honey pie made by his dear wife Prudence...

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Valarya wrote:
AionArap wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
FayZee wrote:
AionArap wrote:http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/5b1d9b7e2cd58a00112cb6e6998eb2d2fdb402bf3233f607286ebbb5bbd3b720.png

He's getting the box.

The box contains Sand Diving gear.

But, then... If he's diving in the box, it's probably going to make sounds from Outside a bit, er... muffled, right?

As long as he keeps the sand out of it...

Maybe they'll be raising something BETWEEN the platforms?! Or the box contains a cancerbaby they will then fling to destroy all Time.

Oh?! Did I call it? WHAT WILL IT BEEEE?

You have your answer
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:36 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
Valarya wrote:
Valarya wrote:
AionArap wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
FayZee wrote:
AionArap wrote:http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/5b1d9b7e2cd58a00112cb6e6998eb2d2fdb402bf3233f607286ebbb5bbd3b720.png

He's getting the box.

The box contains Sand Diving gear.

But, then... If he's diving in the box, it's probably going to make sounds from Outside a bit, er... muffled, right?

As long as he keeps the sand out of it...

Maybe they'll be raising something BETWEEN the platforms?! Or the box contains a cancerbaby they will then fling to destroy all Time.

Oh?! Did I call it? WHAT WILL IT BEEEE?

You have your answer

Clever. Not-subtle. But clever.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:37 pm UTC

Eliram wrote:I wonder, if you guys take a blank sheet of paper and try to draw the three sandcastles (MEMORY ONLY, WITHOUT LOOKING!), how accurate will that be?

This accurate:
IMG_20130410_202424.jpg
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:42 pm UTC

I foresee this
Attachments
future.gif
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

Ptarr

Postby Ptarr » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:51 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:I foresee this

Cute, but I don't believe that time would end with a joke, especially not now.

Given that all this new construction is a reaction to Cueball's statement in Newpix 414, it seems likely that they are building a bigger castle. The two new structures look like towers to me, so I expect them to pull up some kind of "wall" that will join the two structure. As a wall should not be as tall as the towers, so I expect it to end up about as high as the current sand castle.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:55 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:
mojacardave wrote:
Dracomax wrote:also, sleepless Knights doesn't work. nobody here sleeps, we coma.

That surely makes sleepless work better?

Indeed. And just after I read that, a song called 'No Rest for the Weary' came up on my iPod which started by mentioning lines in the sand, and went on to mention hourglasses, time drifting past, and greyness and dark. Another one for the hymn book.

Likewise, as people started to talk of knights, Amarok decided to play The Outlandish Knight.
Exodies wrote:
cellocgw wrote:
mojacardave wrote:
Exodies wrote:Bit of out-of-Time gossip: I ordered some photochromatic jazz sunglasses today. They become more translucent the more light there is. It's like a hipness amplifier.

It may be that I've missed the joke, but based on my understanding of what translucent means, 'more translucent' surely doesn't make sense.
More transparent or more opaque, sure, but translucent is somewhere in the middle...

Boring reality from an optical engineer: 'translucent' refers to a material which passes light but does not maintain phase or propagation angle, such as frosted glass. Translucent materials can have a range of absorption (or throughput) values, just as partially transparent materials can. The difference is that transparent materials do not foul up the wavefront. A lens can bend the wavefront (e.g. bring it to focus) but does not cause random scatter. So, yeah, translucent sunglasses would be a bad idea if you want to see where you're going.

Y'all go on as if words have meanings other than those the speaker wants them to have. Let me put it another way: the glasses let less light through the less light there is. Now do you see the futility of it? Good.
Don't they sound wonderful?

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:57 pm UTC

edo wrote:
Flado wrote:
edo wrote:
The if the knights are of the Eastern church, they will be welcomed by the Western Paradox Church, (who will no doubt shun them.)

Speaking of which, nobody isn't unwelcome in our church, even Knights Temporal, whom we otherwise revere.

Sorry your holiness, is the double negative required? And are not all who are revered in our church therefore shunned?

Perhaps I need <Bra|ket> notation to describe the state of the Knights Temporal:

are they (0.707|revered> + 0.707|shunned>) or (0.707|revered> - 0.707|shunned>) ?

Where I come from, linguistically, double, triple, and generally n-ple negatives are required by law.
Also, the <Bra|ket> notation is herewith anathemized, as I am too lazy to look up its meaning. I suspect it has something to do with superposition, in which case I'd like it and therefore again: ANATHEMA!
And least and not last - Revered Apostate edo will be overseeing Western Paradox Church business while the Patriarch transcends. We have a vacancy for a Transcedental Imaginator. Bribe edo. And don't.
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

DONG! Bridge?

histrion

Postby histrion » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

EDIT: Ninja'd again! :o
histrion, a.k.a. Sir Water of Ten, OKT, Archimandrite of Amicable Apostasy. Cheering on Blitzgirl, just because!

Time is a molecular acid.

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

Well weren't we taken for fools...

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:07 pm UTC

Roia wrote:I'm confused at what FTFY means. I thought it was 'Fixed that for you' but now I'm not so sure.

That is what it means, but the 'fixed' part seems to be sarcastic most of the time.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:35 pm UTC

cmyk wrote:I added a more appropriate soundtrack, now that we're beginning to understand the deeper meaning behind the veneer of this comic's format. Please take a moment to find a more tranquil state of mind before viewing.

Link to video here, (frames 0—490 so far).

FABULOUS!

squonk

Postby squonk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:43 pm UTC

Congratulations! You are the one millionth person to make that call!

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:45 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
cmyk wrote:I added a more appropriate soundtrack, now that we're beginning to understand the deeper meaning behind the veneer of this comic's format. Please take a moment to find a more tranquil state of mind before viewing.

FABULOUS!

I had particularly enjoyed the subtle addition of the T-Rex to the background, and later the foreground. I will now patiently Wait (for it) for further updates as more TimeFrames pass.

squonk wrote:

Congratulations! You are the one millionth person to make that call!

What does he win?
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Charm Quark

Postby Charm Quark » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:46 pm UTC

Flado wrote:
edo wrote:
Flado wrote:
edo wrote:
The if the knights are of the Eastern church, they will be welcomed by the Western Paradox Church, (who will no doubt shun them.)

Speaking of which, nobody isn't unwelcome in our church, even Knights Temporal, whom we otherwise revere.

Sorry your holiness, is the double negative required? And are not all who are revered in our church therefore shunned?

Perhaps I need <Bra|ket> notation to describe the state of the Knights Temporal:

are they (0.707|revered> + 0.707|shunned>) or (0.707|revered> - 0.707|shunned>) ?

Where I come from, linguistically, double, triple, and generally n-ple negatives are required by law.
Also, the <Bra|ket> notation is herewith anathemized, as I am too lazy to look up its meaning. I suspect it has something to do with superposition, in which case I'd like it and therefore again: ANATHEMA!
And least and not last - Revered Apostate edo will be overseeing Western Paradox Church business while the Patriarch transcends. We have a vacancy for a Transcedental Imaginator. Bribe edo. And don't.

I must admit, when physicists use <Bra|ket> notation to find the expectation value of my hamiltonian...it turns me on a little.
Lost forever in time...

VeloCityGirl

Postby VeloCityGirl » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 pm UTC

Cueball climbed the ladder (purportedly to get the box) with the ladder turned sideways -- doesn't that imply a third dimension?

vvn

Postby vvn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:59 pm UTC

The lintel on the second construct looked wider when Megan was raising it. Is it possible that the plank width is larger than it appears?

RobIrr

Postby RobIrr » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:00 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:

FABULOUS!

Seconded...!

Oh, yes..

Edit to avoid a double-post:
vvn wrote:The lintel on the second construct looked wider when Megan was raising it. Is it possible that the plank width is larger than it appears?

The centre one looks longer in the latest frame than it did in the previous, too. Maybe the poles are not actually all in a line, but at the four corners of a rectangle, and we are therefore not seeing it side-on. We're getting glimpses of things from all sort of different angles, hence the apparent changing of size..
Last edited by RobIrr on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
RobIrr, Bishop of the Diocese of Recursive Magic Kingdoi.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 pm UTC

vvn wrote:The lintel on the second construct looked wider when Megan was raising it. Is it possible that the plank width is larger than it appears?

But the poles never look any wider. I think what we're dealing with here is the SFD. Stick-Figure Dimension. It's not 2D, it's not 3D, it's some combination of the two. (I keep envisioning an ant farm.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

vvn

Postby vvn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:05 pm UTC

While I agree that this is a 3D world.. If it was a 2D world, wouldn't sand be unpermeable?

Roia

Postby Roia » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:07 pm UTC

We have knights now?! Can I be one???

Also, yay, the castles gonna get higher!
The World is Waiting, Anticipating...

lazy-bunny.com - Blog.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:

FABULOUS!

This made my day.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:25 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:

FABULOUS!

I was really wondering, when I watched that while catching up from coma, why nobody had said a thing about it at the time. Sadly, by the time I had caught up, it had slipped my mind. :(
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:37 pm UTC

Roia wrote:We have knights now?! Can I be one???

Also, yay, the castles gonna get higher!

I'd say that interest in the Knights Temporal is reaching the point where we should be officially established.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:37 pm UTC

Knights Temporal totally has my vote. Also, can I be one?

Unrelated: http://smithers.net63.net/downloads/time-50.gif, http://smithers.net63.net/downloads/time-10-100.gif and
sealevel.png
have been updated.

Even less related:
IMG_20130410_202512.jpg

Helper goeth to Starbux:

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 pm UTC

Knights Temporal!

Although, I would much prefer to be clergy :)
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

edo

Postby edo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:49 pm UTC

Flado wrote:
edo wrote:
Flado wrote:
edo wrote:

Whooo Hooo!

lmjb1964 wrote:I suppose I could start my own religion, but that sounds like way too much work. How do I prove myself worthy to be a Revered Apostate? Do bribes work?

You must provide a paradox to be worthy, however, no one can deem your paradox' worthiness*. Bribes work only on the uncorrupt members of the Apostate, so bribes will not work on me (PM me your bitcoins). If you just want to join, I can shun you as an unbeliever. Shun! Shun! SHUNNNNNNNN! you are now Transcedental Imaginator of the Western Paradox Church.

* the apostrophe police can stick it.

HAL9000 wrote:The two churches are Eastern Unorthodox and Western Paradox, correct?
Also, Eastern Unorthodox is the one that counts buffygirl and Helper among their members, yes?

As there are three leaders of the churches of Time (Pope Helper, Patriarch Flado, and Space-Pope Kryton), yes, there can be no more than two churches.

As there are no cardinals in the Western Paradox Church, we embrace Cardinal Buffygirl as member until such time that she converts to our religion.

partingLance wrote:
EDIT:
But what am I saying (with my blather on the Western Paradox Church, above). My theology is a load of dingoes' kidneys. My would-be paradoxes aren't remotely deserving of the exalted name, but mere contradictions. I'm an unworthy unmember of the Church.

PartingLance - you have be razed to High Holy Heretic. Rise up to kneel before the Creator.

Smithers wrote:Knights Temporal totally has my vote. Also, can I be one?

Unrelated: http://smithers.net63.net/downloads/time-50.gif, http://smithers.net63.net/downloads/time-10-100.gif and
sealevel.png
have been updated.

Even less related: Image

So are you going to make 523+ variations of those shirts and change them every newpix?
Last edited by edo on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:05 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:56 pm UTC

sealevel.png
have been updated.

Even less related:
IMG_20130410_202512.jpg

Shirts :shock:

A noble effort to convert outsiders, but I fear they may scorn it as "too obscure"

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:00 pm UTC

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:02 pm UTC

sealevel.png
have been updated.

Even less related:
IMG_20130410_202512.jpg

This is an excellent shirt. I would buy it.
Well, I would if it were available, and available in white-on-black.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:06 pm UTC

SBN wrote:

But the poles never look any wider. I think what we're dealing with here is the SFD. Stick-Figure Dimension. It's not 2D, it's not 3D, it's some combination of the two. (I keep envisioning an ant farm.)

From what it looks like over the last 3 frames, the raised plank increased first 17% in length, then another 2%.

Although my measurements could be skewed by the pixels of their knees/feet.
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

edo

Postby edo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:08 pm UTC

Bumping the Dong1:
spamjam wrote:Image

1 I hear that this is illegal in some states.
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:19 pm UTC

edo wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:I suppose I could start my own religion, but that sounds like way too much work. How do I prove myself worthy to be a Revered Apostate? Do bribes work?

You must provide a paradox to be worthy, however, no one can deem your paradox' worthiness*. Bribes work only on the uncorrupt members of the Apostate, so bribes will not work on me (PM me your bitcoins). If you just want to join, I can shun you as an unbeliever. Shun! Shun! SHUNNNNNNNN! you are now Transcedental Imaginator of the Western Paradox Church.

Huzzah! I'm glad I'm a Transcendental Imaginator and not a Transgendered Imaginator. Don't want to stir up the gendered pronouns discussion again.

partingLance wrote:
EDIT:

All hail the holy dingoes' kidneys! Or maybe just dingo kidneys (going back to the door lock/door's lock discussion).

And I want that shirt.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

htom

Postby htom » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:21 pm UTC

I keep having these ideas that go nowhere. A proscenium with wings, the small castle construct being the set, in which they'll enact some form of comedy?
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”