1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Flado » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:24 am UTC

edo wrote:... being trebucheted wouldn't be safe or sensible without it.

FTFY.
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:42 am UTC

As a member of the Western Paradox church I propose a party. Admission only with an invitation. Invitations available inside the party.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:44 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:As a member of the Western Paradox church I propose a party. Admission only with an invitation. Invitations available inside the party.

Since I'm not a member of the western paradox church, it only follows that me (and other non-members) will be the only attendees, correct?

I'll be there, and I have to go coma.

Flado

Postby Flado » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:51 am UTC

azule wrote:Time to succumb to coma and wake up in the past. I may not be reliving the same day over and over again, but being stuck in the past feels just as daunting.

Arthur Philip Dent agrees (quoting off the top of my head here):
"The regular early morning yell of horror was the sound of Arthur Dent waking up and realizing where he was. It wasn't just that the cave was cold, it wasn't that it was damp and smelly, it was that it was at the centre of Islington and there was no bus due for twenty million years."
-

Flado

Postby Flado » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:59 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:They're making a porch.

Jein... that's an observation platform. They are building an amusement park. Just wait for it.

elementropy wrote:Well, technically, the author Чехов, being Russian, could only have his name spelled correctly using Cyrillic characters; anything using Latin letters is an approximation. I don't know all of them, but I heard once that there are 13 different accepted ways of transliterating Чайковский into the inferior Latin alphabet.

Let me help and FTFY.

Kethryes wrote:This page (304) shall become the Not Modified Page. Edits are strictly forbidden on this page!

Right you are!
Last edited by Flado on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:07 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
-

Kethryes

Postby Kethryes » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:04 am UTC

Dracomax wrote: however, we are so very far off topic that we are on topic again...

This demonstrate that the Topic is circular!
What an amazing discovery! But wait... will I be called an Heretic by making such a claim?...

OT (note this can either mean On Topic or Off Topic)
This page (304) shall become the Not Modified Page. Edits are strictly forbidden on this page!
J Thomas wrote:From the evidence I have seen it looks utterly foolish to think it's ridiculous to doubt you are right.

Magdiragdag

Postby Magdiragdag » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:07 am UTC

I wait for it, therefore I am.

Eoink

Postby Eoink » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:08 am UTC

It's starting to look like a ship to me, with flags flying from the funnels and now the crow's nest, are they getting ready to sail off into the sunset?
(I'm sure this has been psoted before as everything has been, but I've only skim-read the thread every day after my daily coma and haven't seen it, so apologies for the repetition.)

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:13 am UTC

Lord Cardinals,

I hereby beseech you to formally appreciate BlitzGirl, yet no fully initiated member of our society, but in following her Quest in holy solitude giving an example to all of us in both dedication and humbleness.

I ask you to grant BlitzGirl First Of The True Followers Of Time's time*.
The appointment may take place in absentia and not to be refused by the recipient, which then shall be adressed as "Anointed One"**. There shall be no neither authority nor obligation tied to title and office; but word coming from the Anointed One shall always considered being of wisdom.

udscbt, as prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis I humbly ask you to review this request and ensure it being of pure intentions.

<higgs!>

*This shall be abbreviated as FOTTFOTT, however never used to address the dignitary in question.
**Degenderation applied properly.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:20 am UTC

Magdiragdag wrote:http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/3be3c9733b9fa8635857fb0bb9b1e8ace00fa656497c53acfbac2fb7f47bf3dc.png

Are my eyes failing me, or did the sea rise accelerate?
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

mittfh

Postby mittfh » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:24 am UTC

Eoink wrote:It's starting to look like a ship to me, with flags flying from the funnels and now the crow's nest, are they getting ready to sail off into the sunset?
(I'm sure this has been psoted before as everything has been, but I've only skim-read the thread every day after my daily coma and haven't seen it, so apologies for the repetition.)

Strangely enough, I thought ship as well, but a different configuration. Although the river / sea has only risen a few pixels so far, imagine if it rose to above sand castle level. The structure they're now building would be the deck, and the two taller poles would be the masts. Of course, it would never truly be a ship, just look like one. I imagined it as the bow end facing inland (to the left).

Alternately, given their earlier comment about not being able to build much higher, once they've got a stable platform, carry sand up to it and build a castle on the platform, above the existing one.

silent_death

Postby silent_death » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:53 am UTC

Woah, in the name of the great Randall, what has happened - I am comatose for a few newpix and suddenly they are building a ship - time flies.
- former Expecto Space Bishop Temporas of the Church of Eastern unorthodox Timewaiters

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:00 am UTC

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:03 am UTC

Aaand she's going again!
And so must I, since I'm an entire newpic late for dinner.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Magdiragdag

Postby Magdiragdag » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:07 am UTC

He's playing the Titanic scene, all by his own...
I wait for it, therefore I am.

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:11 am UTC

Magdiragdag wrote:He's playing the Titanic scene, all by his own...

"I'm the king of the sandcastle!"

I've actually never seen that film...

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:12 am UTC

Whoops, wrong button...

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:19 am UTC

Thrice-weekly reminder: New Other Comic's up.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

orthogon

Postby orthogon » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:24 am UTC

azule wrote:OnTopix [new word coined, please use]: The Megan wiggly ladder incident is actually her handing Cueball the first long stick thingy. When you pass something above your head it is usually a bit unwieldy, not because it's heavy, just...because.

Ooh, I know this. If you hold a thing above its centre of gravity, there is a stable equilibrium with the c.o.g. directly below the pivot (i.e. the place where you hold it), so it will tend to head back to that position if disturbed. There is an equilibrium with the c.o.g. directly above the pivot, but it's unstable and any slight disturbance will cause it to fall towards the stable equilibrium. To keep it in the unstable equilibrium requires a feedback loop (which can be implemented using the human brain) making constant corrections (e.g. small movements of the pivot). The need to do this all the time is what makes it "unwieldy".

Re the bibel/babel: surely the One True Comic represents the revelation itself, and what is proposed is to present this alongside our mortal and imperfect commentary (exegesis?) on it. So it's more akin to the Talmud of a certain Outsider religion, and should therefore be entitled the Timelud or something.
xtifr wrote:... and orthogon merely sounds undecided.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:43 am UTC

Quest progress: 223 out of 303 pages.
The Architect Age. NP 342.
Spoiler:
Foarm wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Alas, I came to this thread hundreds of newpix after the Beginning of Time. As penitence for my lateness and as a demonstration of my devotion I have set out on a quest to read every page of the One True Thread, like the noble Beidah long before me.

Quest progress: 77 out of 223 pages.
The Populated Period of Expansion. NP 156.

I send forth this message now in the fervent hope that I shall encounter it again on my journey, tangled in the thread of Time.

All congratulations to BlitzGirl, for reading another 146 pages and reaching this point. Success on the remaining pages.

At last! I have spotted the initial signpost I left for myself, when I first began my travels. And an encouraging message from Foarm, for which I am grateful. There are still many newpages to go, looming ahead like strange structures on the sand. But now I have passed the first marker. Henceforth, I follow my own breadcrumbs forward into the future, though they were left by myself in the past. The thread of Time is a strange and wonderful place, my friends. I would say that Time has no meaning here, were not the exact opposite true.

Onward!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

norcimo

Postby norcimo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:54 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
norcimo wrote:Page 300 so I feel compelled to once again post. I have followed the one true comic and this Needle-pulled-thing for much...Time, and waited for it. I think I could be a cardinal but I'd much rather be a Knight Temporal. Could someone tap a sword on my shoulder and all that

Edit: s/thing/think/

Wait, you mean it was supposed to read "Needle-pulled-think"??? :?

Dammit! That will teach me to mess with such dark powers when in need of coma. Right, er, s/s\/thing\/think\//s\/think\/thing\//
Knight Temporal in search of a name. In Time we shall rise. Until then, I wait.

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:55 am UTC

higgs-boson wrote:
Magdiragdag wrote:http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/3be3c9733b9fa8635857fb0bb9b1e8ace00fa656497c53acfbac2fb7f47bf3dc.png

Are my eyes failing me, or did the sea rise accelerate?

It sure looks like it.
Time_sea_level_rise_20130412_1000.png
Time_sea_level_rise_20130412_1000.png (2.29 KiB) Viewed 10569 times

Sea level rise since Megan built the sea wall, some 56 newpix ago. Seems to be holding, so far...

Edit: updated through last frame, where the sea level rises a bit more.
Last edited by mscha on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:04 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:55 am UTC

Page 223 Addendum:

Sig sighting! :D My thanks to Dracomax, sigging this:
BlitzGirl wrote:The Madness has ended, but the madness that pervades this thread persists, as it has for all Time. It is a constant in my travels, and I have come to find it comforting.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

manvandmaan
The Period Guy

Postby manvandmaan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:57 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 223 out of 303 pages.
Spoiler:
Foarm wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Alas, I came to this thread hundreds of newpix after the Beginning of Time. As penitence for my lateness and as a demonstration of my devotion I have set out on a quest to read every page of the One True Thread, like the noble Beidah long before me.

I send forth this message now in the fervent hope that I shall encounter it again on my journey, tangled in the thread of Time.

All congratulations to BlitzGirl, for reading another 146 pages and reaching this point. Success on the remaining pages.

At last! I have spotted the initial signpost I left for myself, when I first began my travels. And an encouraging message from Foarm, for which I am grateful. There are still many newpages to go, looming ahead like strange structures on the sand. But now I have passed the first marker. Henceforth, I follow my own breadcrumbs forward into the future, though they were left by myself in the past. The thread of Time is a strange and wonderful place, my friends. I would say that Time has no meaning here, were not the exact opposite true.

Onward!

BlitzGirl's posts are somewhat reassuring. I hope she makes it!
Congratz BlitzGirl BlitzRandir!
Godspeed to all the OTT travelers! I am one of you now!

- Former (Never was) Grand Mason of the now abolished SandMasons (which off course never existed)
- The Croissant Man (or Period Guy, whatevs)

latigid on

Postby latigid on » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:05 am UTC

I wonder where they'll float to next?

descor

Postby descor » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:18 am UTC

higgs-boson wrote:Lord Cardinals,

I hereby beseech you to formally appreciate BlitzGirl, yet no fully initiated member of our society, but in following her Quest in holy solitude giving an example to all of us in both dedication and humbleness.

I ask you to grant BlitzGirl First Of The True Followers Of Time's time*.
The appointment may take place in absentia and not to be refused by the recipient, which then shall be adressed as "Anointed One"**. There shall be no neither authority nor obligation tied to title and office; but word coming from the Anointed One shall always considered being of wisdom.

udscbt, as prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis I humbly ask you to review this request and ensure it being of pure intentions.

<higgs!>

*This shall be abbreviated as FOTTFOTT, however never used to address the dignitary in question.
**Degenderation applied properly.

I was under the impression that BlitzGirl was already 'cardinal tempus viator' (or will be when she reaches page 260) and then pope/mome when she reaches 288?

That said, she is an inspiration and you can never have too many titles so:

I, descor, do formally nominate BlitzGirl for the post of First Of The True Followers Of Time's time subject to approval from the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis and pending ratification from another Cardinal or Pope Helper, should he return.
Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

iisjreg

Postby iisjreg » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:26 am UTC

B/D/Gong !

Seriously, 26 Minutes !?
I have concerns about the dedication of the North/South/East/West-ern institutions to the OTC :cry:

descor

Postby descor » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:28 am UTC

iisjreg wrote:B/D/Gong ! Seriously, 26 Minutes !?

I'd already posted before I realised it wasn't up, and seen as this is page 304 and editing is banned I was in a pickle!
Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

manvandmaan
The Period Guy

Postby manvandmaan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:38 am UTC

I hereby make it known, that I, manvandemaan have created a local Sandmasonry chapter.

Our Chapter is called: Chapter 3: Wherein our Hero founds a new Chapter named: Chapter 3: Wherein our Hero founds a new Chapter named: Chapter 3 /snip
also know as: The Self-Referring Recursive Chapter. (TSRRC)

Our "clubhouse" is in the (hidden) backroom of a bakery, not far from the central TimeWaiters restaurant.

Our local rituals are:
- We deny our existence and also we deny our non-existence.
- We replace "and" by "and also"
- We meet at breakfast (which can be any time of day, since it's always a good time for a breakfast)
- We drink Tea (although Coffee is also allowed)
- We wait for it

Our ranks are:
- NewGrain
- SandGrain
- HigherGrain
- Chief of Grains

Our logo is:
Under construction. Concepts already exist.

To become a NewGrain, you first have to proclaim you are a Sandmason, then later deny this. After the denial you are initiated.
Anyone of a higher rank can give you a rank-upgrade as high as his/her own rank.
Any initiate may and also may not refer to him/herself as a "Sandmason" or "Son/Daughter of a Beach".
Congratz BlitzGirl BlitzRandir!
Godspeed to all the OTT travelers! I am one of you now!

- Former (Never was) Grand Mason of the now abolished SandMasons (which off course never existed)
- The Croissant Man (or Period Guy, whatevs)

Foarm

Postby Foarm » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:48 am UTC

manvandmaan wrote:I hereby make it known, that I, manvandemaan have created a local Sandmasonry chapter.

Our Chapter is called: Chapter 3: Wherein our Hero founds a new Chapter named: Chapter 3: Wherein our Hero founds a new Chapter named: Chapter 3 /snip
also know as: The Self-Referring Recursive Chapter. (TSRRC)

Our "clubhouse" is in the (hidden) backroom of a bakery, not far from the central TimeWaiters restaurant.

Our local rituals are:
- We deny our existence and also we deny our non-existence.
- We replace "and" by "and also"
- We meet at breakfast (which can be any time of day, since it's always a good time for a breakfast)
- We drink Tea (although Coffee is also allowed)
- We wait for it

Our ranks are:
- NewGrain
- SandGrain
- HigherGrain
- Chief of Grains

Our logo is:
Under construction. Concepts already exist.

To become a NewGrain, you first have to proclaim you are a Sandmason, then later deny this. After the denial you are initiated.
Anyone of a higher rank can give you a rank-upgrade as high as his/her own rank.
Any initiate may and also may not refer to him/herself as a "Sandmason" or "Son/Daughter of a Beach".

Looks this could be/make non-/sense
squonk wrote:Looks like you grossly underestimated the passing of time.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:52 am UTC

Valiant Cookie wrote:Whatever is chosen, on the inside of the back cover should be a command, the command that Lord Randall would see every time he read the book and reached the newest OurPix."Wait for it."

hehe good idea.

Valiant Cookie wrote:I had a couple of suggestions for names a few newpix ago, "The Past", "The Book of Time", "How to Build a Sandcastle". I'll also suggest in tribute to our valuable resource, "The Book of Aubron".

of those "The Book of Time" sounds the best to me. It is quite direct and to the point but still has a big hint of deeper meaning in it.

orthogon wrote:Re the bibel/babel: surely the One True Comic represents the revelation itself, and what is proposed is to present this alongside our mortal and imperfect commentary (exegesis?) on it. So it's more akin to the Talmud of a certain Outsider religion, and should therefore be entitled the Timelud or something.

Exegesis is an interesting word. "Exegesis of Time" seems like quite a good name for it too. Not many people would know the word without the help of a dictionary though. An exegesis of the Bible is someone adding explanation about the Bible and so by naming it Exegesis of Time it implies that the Time comic itself is the Bible and it expresses the nature of the book well.

And we also have the Babel as suggested earlier. This name does imply that it is just babbling about time which is kind of appropriate but may not be to everyone's liking. I'd say take it to a vote but I don't see an obvious way to set up a vote on a forum like this. Could link to an external vote site I guess.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:58 am UTC

Valarya wrote:
SBN wrote:[img ]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/4330fb47e6714a594338f4e93ad4df0df74d075247a23b8a2f8152907294097f.png[/img]

She dropped the Allen wrench.

Edit: Thank you, Valarya, but according to the official forum rules red text is forbidden.

Well, that's fine.. because IT WAS PINK! *hrmph*

So sorry, it looked red on my screen, and I did want you to get in any trouble. And, there are those who would define pink as a shade of red.

Actaeus wrote:
Flado wrote:
SBN wrote:I guess I'm the lone voice in the wilderness. But then I'm still of the belief that Newpix and Timeframes are the same thing.

Them's the Trinity*!
* not that one. Keep googling.

I don't think two-leafed clovers are quite as iconic.

No, Flado was right, we are three standing alone together:
cari.j.elliot wrote:
Valarya wrote:
SBN wrote:
I guess I'm the lone voice in the wilderness. But then I'm still of the belief that Newpix and Timeframes are the same thing.

You are not alone.

We stand together.

On the subject of boat/platform, they appear to have placed additional planks on top of the original planks, so maybe they are building a boat on top of their platform.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:00 am UTC

iisjreg wrote:B/D/Gong !

Seriously, 26 Minutes !?
I have concerns about the dedication of the North/South/East/West-ern institutions to the OTC :cry:

It's gotta be a lookout post of some sort — the kind you might find around castles or forts — if not a derrick or trestle for something.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:01 am UTC

Edit: fixed the link, much later than I should have.
Last edited by SBN on Fri May 03, 2013 11:12 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Foarm

Postby Foarm » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:02 am UTC

SBN wrote:Image

FTFY

Latent22 wrote:<snip>
And we also have the Babel as suggested earlier. This name does imply that it is just babbling about time which is kind of appropriate but may not be to everyone's liking. I'd say take it to a vote but I don't see an obvious way to set up a vote on a forum like this. Could link to an external vote site I guess.

Babel seems to be more an appropriate name for this needle-pulled-thingy.
squonk wrote:Looks like you grossly underestimated the passing of time.

Kethryes

Postby Kethryes » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:05 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 223 out of 303 pages.
Spoiler:
Foarm wrote:

Onward!

Congratulations on reaching the First Signpost! This historical moment shall be remembered in the Chronicles of Time!

The Time when the future meets the past in the present is aproaching! Repent!

Edit: Also the time of the Not Modified page is past (Thus I can edit), we enter now in the Use Proxy page!
So please, use a proxy to post... (Ok that might be a troublesome one...)
Edit2: Also be warnned, the next page (306) Shall be the Unused page! When it will be reached you shall send only empty posts, or risk to be cursed for seven generation!
Last edited by Kethryes on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:17 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.
J Thomas wrote:From the evidence I have seen it looks utterly foolish to think it's ridiculous to doubt you are right.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:07 am UTC

I think my 16-year-old daughter may have hit the nail on the head. She thinks they're building a tiki hut up on pilings.

• Bamboo poles: light enough for Megan to carry, strong enough to support two people easily.
  • Railing all around: no drunk party-goers plunging down to impale themselves on the nearest flag.
  • Considerable whitespace overhead: room for a thatched roof.
  • Bukkit: carry ice to the party.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:15 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote: Bukkit: carry ice to the party.

I think Bukkit's can only carry Water, Lava or Milk. No ice.

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:21 am UTC

I don't think this is a porch or a hut or an observation post. Because of the angled rails on the side I believe that they are simply building...

THE MOTHER OF ALL SANDCASTLES !!!

The general shape seems right, the rails on top look like guides to be filled with sand to create the familiar look of the castle walls, and the are about to fill it all with sand while building a second and third floors first.
It's about time.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:24 am UTC

Is it just me, or has the sea outside Megan's marker / dike / sentry box actually begun to rise above the sand within?
sealevel.png
sealevel.png (4.51 KiB) Viewed 10632 times

Added: Okay, it's not just me...
Last edited by jjjdavidson on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:37 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”