1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Latent22

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Latent22 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:25 am UTC

mscha wrote:Sea level rise since Megan built the sea wall, some 56 newpix ago. Seems to be holding, so far...

No way sand could hold back water like that. So now we know its not water what semi-liquid do we think it is?

Eliram wrote:I don't think this is a porch or a hut or an observation post. Because of the angled rails on the side I believe that they are simply building...

THE MOTHER OF ALL SANDCASTLES !!!

The general shape seems right, the rails on top look like guides to be filled with sand to create the familiar look of the castle walls, and the are about to fill it all with sand while building a second and third floors first.

yeah it does look to be coming up castle shaped. Not sure how they would fill it with sand though. Could cover the wooden frame with fabric or something else maybe. They might finish the skeleton first though.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:31 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
mscha wrote:Sea level rise since Megan built the sea wall, some 56 newpix ago. Seems to be holding, so far...

No way sand could hold back water like that. So now we know its not water what semi-liquid do we think it is?

So now we know it's not sand, what solid do we think it is?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:36 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:No way sand could hold back water like that. So now we know its not water what semi-liquid do we think it is?

There's a false assumption here, that the dike is made of sand.

Plus the more vexing question (already raised) of how Megan appears to have built a two-dimensional structure successfully holding back the whatever-liquid-it-is whereas other aspects of the scene appear to be firmly three-dimensional.

yeah it does look to be coming up castle shaped. Not sure how they would fill it with sand though. Could cover the wooden frame with fabric or something else maybe. They might finish the skeleton first though.
Then again, they could be filling it with whatever-liquid-it-is and have it surrounded by sand. That would be a nice reversal of the order of things.

That said, I agree with whoever said it looks like an observation deck. Those look like interpretation boards on the left and right.
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

manvandmaan
The Period Guy

Postby manvandmaan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:42 am UTC

I also think it is some sort of an observatory, where they can wait for it some more, without having to fear the sea/river/liquid.
Congratz BlitzGirl BlitzRandir!
Godspeed to all the OTT travelers! I am one of you now!

- Former (Never was) Grand Mason of the now abolished SandMasons (which off course never existed)
- The Croissant Man (or Period Guy, whatevs)

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:44 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:Example of possible Bible of Time first page. sorry for my horrible writing :) re read the first forum page as well.

In the Beginning there was Nothing. And then the Lord Randall did say 'Wait for it!'. And we waited. Some said "I have no patience for entropy" and were cast out forever. "Was Randall trying to be deep or just trying to take a day off work?" we ask. And I say he is taking us deeper than time itself and what is this day of work you speak of anyway? We knew in our hearts that something would happen by sunrise. And it did! The Sun it rises and falls but can we duplicate it or really know what our eyes are seeing. What oddities from black and white will we stare at? Will we ever Get it? Is anything happening at all or is all our imagination. Like the two great ones Cueball and Megan we will sit here and stare. Are they talking with hidden voices about what is true and important. Or is it enough just to sit together in silence and watch time happen. Somehow we all feel that this is the strongest xkcd. It is in our head! We all hope for good news. Is this world giant in size and has it been already written. we wait for it. Do we live our lives by javascript and do we trust in png and gif? Does our world update on its own or is time the base of us all?

Vote: Aye!

I like! Couldn't be done much better, almost can't wait for page newpix 2-560+
buffygirl wrote:Jafloi, [...] I do hereby annoint you as Cardinal Jafloi of the Chicken Salad Sandwich, mayo optional.
...and Lightscribe (woodworker of time)

BlitzGirl: "wait fast, but wait well" *And good luck with the rest of your journey!!*You made it! Welcome!

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:46 am UTC

latent22 wrote:
Eliram wrote:I don't think this is a porch or a hut or an observation post. Because of the angled rails on the side I believe that they are simply building...

THE MOTHER OF ALL SANDCASTLES !!!

The general shape seems right, the rails on top look like guides to be filled with sand to create the familiar look of the castle walls, and the are about to fill it all with sand while building a second and third floors first.

True.
I actually thought about it when I tried to decide which of the four columns are closer to us and which are farth away. At first I thought that poles 2 and 4 are behind and poles 1 and 3 are closer to us, making a rectangle. (counting poles from left)
Then I thought, why not the other way around?
Then I realized that they are probably all at the same distance, in a straight line, since most of this comic is actually 2d.
So if the castles are 2D, there should be no real problem filling the grand castle with sand, not for the small barrier to block the sea.
It's not a 3D comic, it's a 2.5D comic.
It's about time.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:49 am UTC

Eutychus wrote:Plus the more vexing question (already raised) of how Megan appears to have built a two-dimensional structure successfully holding back the whatever-liquid-it-is whereas other aspects of the scene appear to be firmly three-dimensional.

One option to solve this is that the 'liquid' is in a crescent shape. like a curved beach or river. This means that the wall she built would not need to be very wide for it to block the water as to either side the curve of the sand (if it is indeed sand) would mean the 'liquid' was further away.

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:51 am UTC

So how many people have suggested they're building a boat?

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:52 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
Eutychus wrote:Plus the more vexing question (already raised) of how Megan appears to have built a two-dimensional structure successfully holding back the whatever-liquid-it-is whereas other aspects of the scene appear to be firmly three-dimensional.

One option to solve this is that the 'liquid' is in a crescent shape. like a curved beach or river. This means that the wall she built would not need to be very wide for it to block the water as to either side the curve of the sand (if it is indeed sand) would mean the 'liquid' was further away.

Spoiler:
Megan used sand and magic building the dike.
With magic, anything goes.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:53 am UTC

Is there anybody else that has noticed that The one True Comic seems to be the only that can be reached by xkcd.com/[name of Comic]? (like in http://xkcd.com/time )
buffygirl wrote:Jafloi, [...] I do hereby annoint you as Cardinal Jafloi of the Chicken Salad Sandwich, mayo optional.

BlitzGirl: "wait fast, but wait well" *And good luck with the rest of your journey!!*You made it! Welcome!

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:59 am UTC

manvandmaan wrote:I hereby make it known, that I, manvandemaan have created a local Sandmasonry chapter.

Our Chapter is called: Chapter 3: Wherein our Hero founds a new Chapter named: Chapter 3: Wherein our Hero founds a new Chapter named: Chapter 3 /snip
also know as: The Self-Referring Recursive Chapter. (TSRRC)

Our "clubhouse" is in the (hidden) backroom of a bakery, not far from the central TimeWaiters restaurant.

Our local rituals are:
- We deny our existence and also we deny our non-existence.
- We replace "and" by "and also"
- We meet at breakfast (which can be any time of day, since it's always a good time for a breakfast)
- We drink Tea (although Coffee is also allowed)
- We wait for it

Our ranks are:
- NewGrain
- SandGrain
- HigherGrain
- Chief of Grains

Our logo is:
Under construction. Concepts already exist.

To become a NewGrain, you first have to proclaim you are a Sandmason, then later deny this. After the denial you are initiated.
Anyone of a higher rank can give you a rank-upgrade as high as his/her own rank.
Any initiate may and also may not refer to him/herself as a "Sandmason" or "Son/Daughter of a Beach".

ok... I hereby proclaim I am a Sandmason!

higgs-boson wrote:
Latent22 wrote:

Spoiler:
Megan used sand and magic building the dike.
With magic, anything goes.

Also, the sea probably consists of caffeinesemencancerbabies, which is thicker than water.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:00 pm UTC

P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:00 pm UTC

ninja'd, it seems

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:07 pm UTC

Come on, build more!

And also, contrary to what I said before, I am not a Sandmason.

rmsgrey

Postby rmsgrey » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:13 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Latent22 wrote:

So now we know it's not sand, what solid do we think it is?

So now that we know mscha has little experience building with sand...

Yes, given enough time, water will start to seep into the void behind a sand-wall, but it's more that the local water-table rises that that the water washes through the wall - until the water-table reaches that level, the water that seeps into the sand moves down as much as sideways

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:23 pm UTC

I'll be damned if that ain't a damn cofferdam, dammit!

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:23 pm UTC

It is excellent to see that we of the Order of Knights Temporal (Knights of the North, land of the eternal Knights) have grown in number! Hail, fellow Knights!

Shall we consider a few formalities amidst our normal Waiting and defending of the One True Comic?

I would propose that our Order adopt the following:

"We, the Order of the Knights Temporal, have formed in order to protect and defend Time, the One True Comic (OTC).

We are faithful to the OTC and it's Divine influence, but we hold ourselves to be outside any of the formal religions of the OTC. Thusly, we are open to all members1 of such religions,2 provided they resist the temptation to separate our order by Creedish differences. We of the Knights Temporal can accept that a NewPix = a Timeframe = a newpic, and all are but imperfect human attempts to describe the Perfect, Divine revelations of the OTC.

Although we use "Knight" as a genderless term, we are not a genderless organization, having both "Sirs" and "Dames" in our Order. We salute and welcome the differences of gender4, but respect each Knight in their own gender, as well as to whichever genderly parts each Knight might choose to have next to them during their Knightly activities.

Entry to our Order is through either nomination or self-promotion, and each member5 may adopt a new Knightly Name upon their entry, and may dub themselves as they see fit6.

Upon promotion to Knight Temporal, each Knight shall receive:

-- a Great Sword of +1 awesomeness
-- a Helm of Defense named "Matt"
-- a Butcher's Belt of +1 marination, suitable for girding one's Sir Loins
-- a Gauntlet of +1 speed -- perfect for running the gauntlet
-- a set of Chain Mail of Grue-Slaying (+2 defense against grues in the dark)
-- a special discount membership7 to the restaurant of the Thyme Waiters8, with an additional 20% for early-bird specials.
-- a Golden Watch of Watching, to be watched while Waiting for one's watch, or while watching one's Wait."

What say ye, fellow Knights?

All Hail the Knights Temporal!

1 Heh, heh... He said "member"...
2 Except for those of the Western Paradox3
3 So of course, they are welcome also.
4 Viva la difference!
5 Heh, heh... He said it again...
6 Self-dubbing is perfectly natural and nothing to be ashamed of. Come on, we all do it...
7 Heh, heh... now his member is on a ship...
8Serving breakfast all the Time!

EDITED To add the Watch of Watching, our most precious item!
Last edited by StratPlayer on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

Eoink

Postby Eoink » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:24 pm UTC

boozledorf wrote:So how many people have suggested they're building a boat?

I've spotted 3, including myself.

Bytes

Postby Bytes » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:27 pm UTC

This 20% off for 'early-birds' feels like a trap...
Sir Bytes, Waître d' of the Grains and Guardian of the Second Flag from the Right
Kethryes wrote:The Time when the future meets the past in the present is aproaching! Repent!

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:29 pm UTC

mittfh wrote:
Eoink wrote:It's starting to look like a ship to me, with flags flying from the funnels and now the crow's nest, are they getting ready to sail off into the sunset?
(I'm sure this has been psoted before as everything has been, but I've only skim-read the thread every day after my daily coma and haven't seen it, so apologies for the repetition.)

Strangely enough, I thought ship as well, but a different configuration. Although the river / sea has only risen a few pixels so far, imagine if it rose to above sand castle level. The structure they're now building would be the deck, and the two taller poles would be the masts. Of course, it would never truly be a ship, just look like one. I imagined it as the bow end facing inland (to the left).

Alternately, given their earlier comment about not being able to build much higher, once they've got a stable platform, carry sand up to it and build a castle on the platform, above the existing one.

It would only look like a ship when the 'sea' was up to the decking. Landlubbers.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:31 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Exodies wrote:A proper God would have confounded blah blah by turning their cement into caffeinatedsemenbabycancer. Why be indirect? If it's about building, deal with building materials. If it's about communication, then ok deal with language.
Which leads me, by the way, to - if it's about waiting for it, forget sand castles, trebuchets, bad tastes, platforms, tides, ... These are artefacts of being conscious. Waiting is best done in a coma which is our natural state.
Eh, the building wasn't the main issue, just a symptom. The effects of the language confusion is still effecting us a few thousand years later, while people would have gotten over the cement problem soon enough.

I think you'll find we spoke different languages in different places for more than a few thousand years.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:33 pm UTC

tman2nd wrote:They're making a porch.

Or a stoop. So they can sit out on it like regular folk.

manvandmaan
The Period Guy

Postby manvandmaan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:38 pm UTC

I find it eerie that they are looking both left and also right...

Flotter wrote:And also, contrary to what I said before, I am not a Sandmason.

Welcome Flotter! I immediatly promote you to HigherGrain! Congtratulations!
Congratz BlitzGirl BlitzRandir!
Godspeed to all the OTT travelers! I am one of you now!

- Former (Never was) Grand Mason of the now abolished SandMasons (which off course never existed)
- The Croissant Man (or Period Guy, whatevs)

kryton

Postby kryton » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:39 pm UTC

a few thoughts as i caught up from having been coma'd by a good bottle of not-for-consumption-by-minors...

Is a Newpage referring to the One Great comic, or the forum? You Initiates of Time seem to be slipping in maintaining adherance to your creed as I've seen your followers use it for both.

Where is your Pope Helper? No Habas Papam? (knights timeplor, will somenone not retrieve for me this bothersome cleric?)

The caffeenatedsemenoilbaconbabycancermercuryliquidmethanevinegarsodajimbeamontherocks does seem to be higher on the outside of Megan's marker than the <stuff> on the inside of it.
1298 and counting

elementropy

Postby elementropy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:45 pm UTC

(edit: There was a quotation error when I submitted this post originally; when I edited, the system instead double-posted me. I have snipped this post to avoid duplication.)
Last edited by elementropy on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:45 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
- quoth Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and
A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast

Tempus fugit quasi sagita; muscas fructibus arieram volunt...

BlitzGirl: welcome to the future!

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:46 pm UTC

Do we only Watch and Wait? Or is it possible, due to some Wrinkle in Time, for a Believer to participate? I'ma thinking they're going to need some Knights to help them keep watch up there on their platform/derrick/ship/tiki bar thingy.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:46 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 223 out of 303 pages.
The Architect Age. NP 342.
Spoiler:
Foarm wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Alas, I came to this thread hundreds of newpix after the Beginning of Time. As penitence for my lateness and as a demonstration of my devotion I have set out on a quest to read every page of the One True Thread, like the noble Beidah long before me.

Quest progress: 77 out of 223 pages.
The Populated Period of Expansion. NP 156.

I send forth this message now in the fervent hope that I shall encounter it again on my journey, tangled in the thread of Time.

All congratulations to BlitzGirl, for reading another 146 pages and reaching this point. Success on the remaining pages.

At last! I have spotted the initial signpost I left for myself, when I first began my travels. And an encouraging message from Foarm, for which I am grateful. There are still many newpages to go, looming ahead like strange structures on the sand. But now I have passed the first marker. Henceforth, I follow my own breadcrumbs forward into the future, though they were left by myself in the past. The thread of Time is a strange and wonderful place, my friends. I would say that Time has no meaning here, were not the exact opposite true.

Onward!

Exact opposite? "Time has no meaning there"?

gorn

Postby gorn » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:47 pm UTC

cmyk wrote:I'll be damned if that ain't a damn cofferdam, dammit!

semenatedcoffeedam, shurely? (Ed)

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:47 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 223 out of 303 pages.
The Architect Age. NP 342.
Spoiler:
Foarm wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Alas, I came to this thread hundreds of newpix after the Beginning of Time. As penitence for my lateness and as a demonstration of my devotion I have set out on a quest to read every page of the One True Thread, like the noble Beidah long before me.

Quest progress: 77 out of 223 pages.
The Populated Period of Expansion. NP 156.

I send forth this message now in the fervent hope that I shall encounter it again on my journey, tangled in the thread of Time.

All congratulations to BlitzGirl, for reading another 146 pages and reaching this point. Success on the remaining pages.

At last! I have spotted the initial signpost I left for myself, when I first began my travels. And an encouraging message from Foarm, for which I am grateful. There are still many newpages to go, looming ahead like strange structures on the sand. But now I have passed the first marker. Henceforth, I follow my own breadcrumbs forward into the future, though they were left by myself in the past. The thread of Time is a strange and wonderful place, my friends. I would say that Time has no meaning here, were not the exact opposite true.

Onward!

Exact opposite? "Time has no meaning there"?

"Time has meaning there?" Or does the double-oppositedness cancel itself out?
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

elementropy

Postby elementropy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:50 pm UTC

Flado wrote:
elementropy wrote:Well, technically, the author Чехов, being Russian, could only have his name spelled correctly using Cyrillic characters; anything using Latin letters is an approximation. I don't know all of them, but I heard once that there are 13 different accepted ways of transliterating Чайковский into the inferior Latin alphabet.

Let me help and FTFY.

Well ForTiFYed, Flado; thank you! :-)

jjjdavidson wrote:I think my 16-year-old daughter may have hit the nail on the head. She thinks they're building a tiki hut up on pilings.

• Bamboo poles: light enough for Megan to carry, strong enough to support two people easily.
  • Railing all around: no drunk party-goers plunging down to impale themselves on the nearest flag.
  • Considerable whitespace overhead: room for a thatched roof.
  • Bukkit: carry ice to the party.

Now you're making me think of Swiss Family Robinson* or Gilligan's Island**.

*Swiss Family Monroe?
**A 3000-hour tour?
Last edited by elementropy on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:42 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
- quoth Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and
A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast

Tempus fugit quasi sagita; muscas fructibus arieram volunt...

BlitzGirl: welcome to the future!

cmyk

Postby cmyk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:50 pm UTC

gorn wrote:
cmyk wrote:I'll be damned if that ain't a damn cofferdam, dammit!

semenatedcoffeedam, shurely? (Ed)

Sure, let's go with that. Heavy on the semen.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

VeloCityGirl

Postby VeloCityGirl » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:53 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:
mittfh wrote:
Eoink wrote:It's starting to look like a ship to me, with flags flying from the funnels and now the crow's nest, are they getting ready to sail off into the sunset?
(I'm sure this has been psoted before as everything has been, but I've only skim-read the thread every day after my daily coma and haven't seen it, so apologies for the repetition.)

Strangely enough, I thought ship as well, but a different configuration. Although the river / sea has only risen a few pixels so far, imagine if it rose to above sand castle level. The structure they're now building would be the deck, and the two taller poles would be the masts. Of course, it would never truly be a ship, just look like one. I imagined it as the bow end facing inland (to the left).

Alternately, given their earlier comment about not being able to build much higher, once they've got a stable platform, carry sand up to it and build a castle on the platform, above the existing one.

It would only look like a ship when the 'sea' was up to the decking. Landlubbers.

Nah, I think the whole castle will sail off, ala Crimson Permanent Assurance!
VeloCityGIrl, now hatted! Thanks buffygirl.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:53 pm UTC

Valiant Cookie wrote:I'd say take it to a vote but I don't see an obvious way to set up a vote on a forum like this. Could link to an external vote site I guess.

There is an obvious way to set up a vote on a forum like this. Just say "let's vote on it" and the motion is carried. Couldn't be simpler.

histrion

Postby histrion » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:53 pm UTC

latigid on wrote:I wonder where they'll float to next?

The OTC may not be circular, but perhaps its superset is.
histrion, a.k.a. Sir Water of Ten, OKT, Archimandrite of Amicable Apostasy. Cheering on Blitzgirl, just because!

Time is a molecular acid.

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:56 pm UTC

Don't like to quote myself, but for those of you that got the strength:

Spoiler:
Jafloi wrote:..And now, with my seventh 111th post, I hereby ask what to do to become a Cardinal? Does I have to walk through ice and fire? Climb (the) seven mountains? (which of them?) Find the one and holy treasure in the mysterious cave of Time? Or just wait for it?....

histrion

Postby histrion » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:57 pm UTC

Latent22 wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote: Bukkit: carry ice to the party.

I think Bukkit's can only carry Water, Lava or Milk. No ice.

They can also carry big furry tails.
histrion, a.k.a. Sir Water of Ten, OKT, Archimandrite of Amicable Apostasy. Cheering on Blitzgirl, just because!

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:59 pm UTC

Jafloi wrote:Don't like to quote myself, but for those of you that got the strength:

Spoiler:
Jafloi wrote:..And now, with my seventh 111th post, I hereby ask what to do to become a Cardinal? Does I have to walk through ice and fire? Climb (the) seven mountains? (which of them?) Find the one and holy treasure in the mysterious cave of Time? Or just wait for it?....

You first have to decide which of the Sects of Time you seek to be Cardinal in. It matters because each one will ignore your request in their own unique way...

cmyk

Postby cmyk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:01 pm UTC

They doth speaketh of the sealevels!

histrion

Postby histrion » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:01 pm UTC

Flotter wrote:Come on, build more!

And also, contrary to what I said before, I am not a Sandmason.

But are you a member of the Brotherhood of Silicon Dioxide Cutters?

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:02 pm UTC

Jafloi wrote:Don't like to quote myself, but for those of you that got the strength:

Spoiler:

I don't hereby, by the powers wife-beatered in me, declare you to be of suitable sanity to be considered Cardinal, er, lets see, Cardinal Poop, of your own chosen cult. Or defrocked if you'd rather.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”