1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Qalyar

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Qalyar » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:31 pm UTC

There is a grave matter, a matter which I hesitate to mention, but which I am obligated to reveal.

Dieu Le temps n'est pas content, nous avons des ennemis de la foi dans le Royaume Château de Sable.

The Order of the Knights Temporal, long believed the most staunch and sacred defenders of Time, have fallen to apostasy, heresy, and obscenity! We have the sworn testimony1 of several members of the Order that they have hosted secret4 rituals inducting members into the heretical Order in a manner contrary to the Command of Time! These apostates have received their title from "future selves" rather than--yes! I know it is shocking!--rather than waiting for it and joining the Order in proper Time.

I fear that there is little choice put to purge the Order with flame.6

1 Well, it's not really sworn exactly.2
2 But at least we didn't coerce confessions with torture this time.3
3 Mostly because it's really hard to torture people on a forum. What are you going to do, link them Youtube clips of Nicolas Cage films or something?
4 Okay, they weren't really secret. You can just go back and read them on earlier pages.5
5 Which is probably worse!!!
6 Actually, we don't seem to have any flame at the moment, so we may have to purge the Order with semenatedcancerbabyicedcoffee instead.
7 Reading unreferenced footnotes also fails to respect Time. Repent, heretics, lest an Inquisition8 come.
8 It's okay to expect this one, as it isn't Spanish.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:36 pm UTC

Qalyar wrote:There is a grave matter, a matter which I hesitate to mention, but which I am obligated to reveal.

Dieu Le temps n'est pas content, nous avons des ennemis de la foi dans le Royaume Château de Sable.

The Order of the Knights Temporal, long believed the most staunch and sacred defenders of Time, have fallen to apostasy, heresy, and obscenity! We have the sworn testimony1 of several members of the Order that they have hosted secret4 rituals inducting members into the heretical Order in a manner contrary to the Command of Time! These apostates have received their title from "future selves" rather than--yes! I know it is shocking!--rather than waiting for it and joining the Order in proper Time.

3 Mostly because it's really hard to torture people on a forum. What are you going to do, link them Youtube clips of Nicolas Cage films or something?
4 Okay, they weren't really secret. You can just go back and read them on earlier pages.5
6 Actually, we don't seem to have any flame at the moment, so we may have to purge the Order with semenatedcancerbabyicedcoffee instead.
7 Reading unreferenced footnotes also fails to respect Time. Repent, heretics, lest an Inquisition8 come.

Aaaand history repeats itself, again...
The loopists are gonna have a field day with this one I assume.

EDIT: Although as Grand Mason of the Brotherhood of Sandmasons, I've kinda been Waiting for this. The Knights Temporal were always destined to become a suborder of our Brotherhood. It was just a matter of Time...

EDIT2: Now send me ALL of your money.
Last edited by AionArap on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:43 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:39 pm UTC

Qalyar wrote:There is a grave matter, a matter which I hesitate to mention, but which I am obligated to reveal.

Perhaps we should mandate confirmation of ascendancy to Knighthood by an already-established Knight, in addition to a self-Knighting.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:42 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:

Perhaps we should mandate confirmation of ascendancy to Knighthood by an already-established Knight, in addition to a self-Knighting.

I thought self-Knighting was ok as long as no one was watching.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:43 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

But you're not a real Knight until someoneelse has Knighted you.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

histrion

Postby histrion » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:45 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:
Spoiler:
HAL9000 wrote:

No, because of the whole loop-from-the-future thing that's called the sin of Onandonandonandonandon.
histrion, a.k.a. Sir Water of Ten, OKT, Archimandrite of Amicable Apostasy. Cheering on Blitzgirl, just because!

Time is a molecular acid.

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:49 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
fhorn wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

'Tis true. *hangs head* In a fit of madness I chose my own Knightly title. I, Knighty Knight, resign in shame and will go eat the hot-sauce laced chocolate chip cookies as penance for my hubris.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:56 pm UTC

Someguy945 wrote:The sea level has barely risen at all, and yet Megan says that the sea is rising much faster than normal.

Explanation: Cueball and Megan are like the superhero "The Flash" in that they were able to construct the sandcastles, go for a swim, construct an observation deck, etc, all in a timespan of a few minutes.

We've always suspected that we were watching a story in slow motion (otherwise Cueball and Megan would have been building things at the beach for a couple of weeks now), but we never suspected just how slow.

Okay I have again been lurkin, however this post has prompted me to respond once again with a water level update:

(Spoiler: level up to newpix 647 is displayed)
Spoiler:

As you can see, the sea is starting to rise faster. It doesn't really look like a typical sinusoidal wave/tide curve but if someone wants to do a best fit for the curve, that might be a way to predict future rise.
Last edited by Kieryn on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:52 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

RobIrr

Postby RobIrr » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

He's off...
RobIrr, Bishop of the Diocese of Recursive Magic Kingdoi.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:02 pm UTC

We of the Order have no bureaucratic structure, so my opinion is no more lofty than any other Knight, but I believe that self-proclamation and self-dubbing are acceptable, provided they be done in the proper Time sequence, and at the proper moment in Time.

So I would think that if any of the Order of Knights Temporal has violated the natural order and retroactively self-dubbed through retrograde recursive shenanigans, then they must surrender their title.

And then, reaffirm themselves in the present, as the natural flow of Time ordains.

Plus, with the arrival of the Newpix...

...with Time having moved on, these original accusations of heresy are now in the Past, and as such, are no longer valid.

So, our Time-honored methodology of Waiting For It has revealed it's usefulness once again.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

The Bus

Postby The Bus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:02 pm UTC

The last few frames definitely make me feel like this is going to continue for a long time, possibly through the summer.

I'm also getting a feeling like they are two people out in the wilderness or in a post-apocalyptic landscape. Not sure why.

I like it.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:04 pm UTC

The Bus wrote:The last few frames definitely make me feel like this is going to continue for a long time, possibly through the summer.

I'm also getting a feeling like they are two people out in the wilderness or in a post-apocalyptic landscape. Not sure why.

I like it.

Pretty darn well-equipped for a wilderness. Just sayin'.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

histrion

Postby histrion » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:06 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:
Spoiler:
HAL9000 wrote:
fhorn wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

'Tis true. *hangs head* In a fit of madness I chose my own Knightly title. I, Knighty Knight, resign in shame and will go eat the hot-sauce laced chocolate chip cookies as penance for my hubris.

As the Archimandrite of Amicable Apostasy, it falls to my office to issue a detailed statement concerning the unnecessary sternness and accusatory nature of Qalyar's message.

Right now, though, I don't have sufficient time to pen an encyclical, much less have it translated into Latin, so I'm just going to say, Hubris magnus est!,and wag my finger non-threateningly.
histrion, a.k.a. Sir Water of Ten, OKT, Archimandrite of Amicable Apostasy. Cheering on Blitzgirl, just because!

Corrado

Postby Corrado » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:06 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
Someguy945 wrote:The sea level has barely risen at all, and yet Megan says that the sea is rising much faster than normal.

Explanation: Cueball and Megan are like the superhero "The Flash" in that they were able to construct the sandcastles, go for a swim, construct an observation deck, etc, all in a timespan of a few minutes.

We've always suspected that we were watching a story in slow motion (otherwise Cueball and Megan would have been building things at the beach for a couple of weeks now), but we never suspected just how slow.

Okay I have again been lurkin, however this post has prompted me to respond once again with a water level update:

As you can see, the sea is starting to rise faster. It doesn't really look like a typical sinusoidal wave/tide curve but if someone wants to do a best fit for the curve, that might be a way to predict future rise.

However, the time scale for that chart has direct relationship to the actual time that elapses from frame to frame. In some cases (trebuchet) several frame covered a few seconds whereas many frame covered more significant periods of time.

kurukkan

Postby kurukkan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:11 pm UTC

dstaum wrote:Could it be an animated png file? (look up APNG on wikipedia)

I'm going to have to shut it down in 2 hours, it's my work laptop. Guess I'll never see the end...

Another visitor!

Stay awhile.

STAY FOREVER

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:14 pm UTC

Corrado wrote:
Kieryn wrote:

(Spoiler: level up to newpix 647 is displayed)
Spoiler:

However, the time scale for that chart has direct relationship to the actual time that elapses from frame to frame. In some cases (trebuchet) several frame covered a few seconds whereas many frame covered more significant periods of time.

Yes this is true. Hmmm. This means the water level rise in outsider time will remain unpredictable, however there is an obvious trend. I wonder if there is any way of using the water level rises to estimate the actual time between various frames, assuming that the rise is following a sine curve?
Last edited by Kieryn on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:52 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:23 pm UTC

Quest progress: 229 out of 309 pages.
The Architect Age. NP 355.

After a good long coma, I resumed my quest and quickly found the second signpost:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 100 out of 229 pages.
The "Wanna Swim?" Period. NP 176.

I have persevered past the 100th newpage of the thread of Time - yet my destination seems ever farther from me. Commemorating this moment with another signpost to my future self that I hope one day to see again in my travels, despite the fact that this post will only increase my journey.

Also, something about seminal coffee and/or bacon. This is a strange, strange Time period, my friends.

It worries me that my markers are now two posts deep. This journey is taking far longer than I anticipated. I hope it will not last for all Time! I despair at the thought of wandering through endless loops of signposts within signposts, forever lost in the past. :(
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lassehp

Postby lassehp » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:26 pm UTC

edo wrote:DoOd! WTF? Where do you come up with this $#!+ ? Calm down! No one's going to crucify1 anyone's son, Ok?

Hmm, I guess my brain is just wired that way. When I read this I immediately tried to interpret $#!+ as Perl...

/Lasse
(trying to catch up after coma, work, and pleasure - still many pages to go...)
StratPlayer wrote:Fewer and fewer people writing more and more about less and less. If this trend continues, eventually it will be nobody writing everything about nothing.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:33 pm UTC

Page 229 Addendum:

PhoenixRising wrote:Preserved for BlitzGirl as she gets further in her journey: an ancient sign written in a strange script. If you translate the script, it says "abandon sanity, all ye who enter here. This be the land of strangeness and madness Reckoning."

And the coffee comments are only about to get wilder. You can't begin to realize yet...

macraw83 wrote:
It's not just that Time period that is strange, caffeinatedsemenbabycoffeebacon (or something) still keeps popping up in recent newpix, even over a hundred newpages later...

I alter my earlier statement: I despair at the thought of wandering through endless loops of signposts within signposts, forever reading of caffeinatedsemenbabycoffeebacon (or something).
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:34 pm UTC

Roia

Postby Roia » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:40 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
fhorn wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

I'm a someone, and my past self who knighted me was someone else seeing as they have left never to return. Therefore, someone else knighted me! And I'm still a knight.

If this is not the truth by the Knights Temporal I am creating a new Knighthood which will allow any follower of Time to join it's ranks by the process of self-knighting. Henceforth, this Knighthood shall be known as the Knights who say "Wait for it".
The World is Waiting, Anticipating...

lazy-bunny.com - Blog.

htom

Postby htom » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:41 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:... will go eat the hot-sauce laced chocolate chip cookies ...

Still wanting the recipe, please!
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

Davidy

Postby Davidy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:46 pm UTC

azule wrote:The bible should be called The Babel.

From what I've been reading here, BABBLE would be more appropriate.
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:54 pm UTC

htom wrote:

I think that was originally threatened by Dracomax.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:58 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 229 out of 309 pages.

After a good long coma, I resumed my quest and quickly found the second signpost:
Spoiler:

I have persevered past the 100th newpage of the thread of Time - yet my destination seems ever farther from me. Commemorating this moment with another signpost to my future self that I hope one day to see again in my travels, despite the fact that this post will only increase my journey.

Also, something about seminal coffee and/or bacon. This is a strange, strange Time period, my friends.

It worries me that my markers are now two posts deep. This journey is taking far longer than I anticipated. I hope it will not last for all Time! I despair at the thought of wandering through endless loops of signposts within signposts, forever lost in the past. :(

Despair not, Oh Anointed One. The loops may seem endless to you now, but good things come to those who Wait for it...
Let the signposts guide your way along the winding road and never stray from it. We're all Waiting for you here in the present future and we'll celebrate your arrival when it comes. It's only a matter of Time.

htom wrote:

Yes pretty please, with a cherry on top.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:59 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
htom wrote:

Perhaps one of these will do:
http://www.yummly.com/recipes/hot-pepper-chocolate-chip-cookies
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:02 pm UTC

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:04 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
AionArap wrote:
htom wrote:

But but but, there's no cherry on top... :(

BA-DA-BING!!!

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:13 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 229 out of 309 pages.

Spoiler:

Despair not, Oh Anointed One. The loops may seem endless to you now, but good things come to those who Wait for it...
Let the signposts guide your way along the winding road and never stray from it. We're all Waiting for you here in the present future and we'll celebrate your arrival when it comes. It's only a matter of Time.

I would like to invite all who care to join me in congratulating BlitzGirl, The Anointed One, in making it this far* in her journeyings:

Congratulations, Oh Anointed One. May the newpages ahead be filled with wonders worth waiting for.

* not that she, at the writing of this post has already made it this far, but that I find it worth leaving the congratulations for her to receive upon her reading hereto.

htom

Postby htom » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:16 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
SBN wrote:
AionArap wrote:
htom wrote:

There's also no hot sauce!
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

elementropy

Postby elementropy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:20 pm UTC

Davidy wrote:
azule wrote:The bible should be called The Babel.

From what I've been reading here, BABBLE would be more appropriate.

A fair point, although I might* point out that although the etymological relationship of the two words is unclear, "Babel" has been often used to mean "a collection of incoherent speech".

*I might, but will probably refrain from doing so.
- quoth Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and
A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast

Tempus fugit quasi sagita; muscas fructibus arieram volunt...

BlitzGirl: welcome to the future!

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:22 pm UTC

elementropy wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Roia wrote:
elementropy wrote:One of the Knights: The river is small!!!
The rest of the Knights: The sea is big!!!

This is the best ever!

The river is small!!!

The sea is big!!!

At the initiation ceremonies, the Knight is tapped on both shoulders, the following being said by the tapper:
1st shoulder: Flumen parvus est.
2nd shoulder: Mare magna est.

Then the tapper says: Quanta magna?
The initiate says, humbly: Nescio.

Then the initiate is signaled to rise as a full Knight of the Order, the entire body of knights gathered chanting the battle cry three times, swords drawn and held aloft.

Latin geek nitpick: Flumen parvum est.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:23 pm UTC

htom wrote:
AionArap wrote:
SBN wrote:
AionArap wrote:
htom wrote:

There's also no hot sauce!

Fine. No cookies then. I slave over a hot stove search engine, I tried to give you something you like, and this is the thanks I get?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:24 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:This knight temporal biz sounds fun. At the risk of forming an unstable loop of virtual time, let me initiate the ceremony here in the past, that I may time-travel from the future to finish the job, and become a member of the Knights Temporal.

Quanta magna?

Nesci - err...what's that? We've outlawed retroactive recursion-knighting? Curses! Now this trip into the past was for nothing! Guess while I'm here I could jump a little further back and kill Hitler. Anyone care to join me?

elementropy

Postby elementropy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:27 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:
elementropy wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Roia wrote:
elementropy wrote:One of the Knights: The river is small!!!
The rest of the Knights: The sea is big!!!

This is the best ever!

The river is small!!!

The sea is big!!!

At the initiation ceremonies, the Knight is tapped on both shoulders, the following being said by the tapper:

Then the tapper says: Quanta magna?
The initiate says, humbly: Nescio.

Then the initiate is signaled to rise as a full Knight of the Order, the entire body of knights gathered chanting the battle cry three times, swords drawn and held aloft.

Latin geek nitpick: Flumen parvum est.

My Latin is rusty; mi dispiace... ;-)

I was probably thinking of "Old Man River" and assigning the wrong gender to "Flumen". How'd I do with the rest?
- quoth Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and
A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast

Tempus fugit quasi sagita; muscas fructibus arieram volunt...

BlitzGirl: welcome to the future!

histrion

Postby histrion » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:28 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:This knight temporal biz sounds fun. At the risk of forming an unstable loop of virtual time, let me initiate the ceremony here in the past, that I may time-travel from the future to finish the job, and become a member of the Knights Temporal.

Quanta magna?

Nesci - err...what's that? We've outlawed retroactive recursion-knighting? Curses! Now this trip into the past was for nothing! Guess while I'm here I could jump a little further back and kill Hitler. Anyone care to join me?

Can't we just stick him in the cupboard and avoid any confounding regenerations?

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:43 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:

An obvious* point of comparison: the (in)famous hockey stick curve.

* well, to me, anyway
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:47 pm UTC

AionArap wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
AionArap wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
histrion wrote:<snip>
"Lupus magnus est! Lupus fortis est! Lupus deus est!"

"Esurientes sicut lupus" (Duran Duran)

Jeez, thanks for bringing back that repressed 80'ies memory.

Sorry... :oops:

How 'bout this instead?

"Lupus ad Luna" (Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow)

Thanks, that would make up for it.
And then some :)

EDIT: Although it has to be said, Rainbow sans RJD was never the same again :P

Missed your edit first time through, but I absolutely agree!

<age & location reveal> I was going to see them live in Royal Oak, Mi in like 1978 or so, but ended up getting sick and not making the 3-hour trip across state with my friends. Was very bummed at the time. </age & location reveal>
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

silent_death

Postby silent_death » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:48 pm UTC

airdrik wrote:
I would like to invite all who care to join me in congratulating BlitzGirl, The Anointed One, in making it this far* in her journeyings:

Congratulations, Oh Anointed One. May the newpages ahead be filled with wonders worth waiting for.

* not that she, at the writing of this post has already made it this far, but that I find it worth leaving the congratulations for her to receive upon her reading hereto.

I would like to join you you in congratulating - although BlitzGirl is a Member of the Timewaiters.

Congratulations Blitzgirl, for making it here, through the long and perilous journey through the one true Thread - you are a inspiration to all of us, no matter if Timewaiters, eastern Timewaiters, western Timewaiters, Knights Temporals or Sandmasons.
- former Expecto Space Bishop Temporas of the Church of Eastern unorthodox Timewaiters

Roia

Postby Roia » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:51 pm UTC

Perhaps we should all put stuff in our signatures for Blitzgirl to read, so she has lots of encouragement. That way she won't get disheartened back in the past.
The World is Waiting, Anticipating...

lazy-bunny.com - Blog.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”