1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

RobIrr

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby RobIrr » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:02 am UTC

Ah good, he's back. Is that a bucket ?
RobIrr, Bishop of the Diocese of Recursive Magic Kingdoi.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Montov

Postby Montov » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:04 am UTC

He has a bucket and he is not afraid to use it!
Frankly, he should have used a bucket from the start. Everyone knows you can build larger sandcastle with a bucket.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:05 am UTC

RobIrr wrote:Ah good, he's back. Is that a bucket ?

Yep good to get someone back! And this is a bucket shaped bucket this time.

Montov

Postby Montov » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:08 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
RobIrr wrote:Ah good, he's back. Is that a bucket ?

Yep good to get someone back! And this is a bucket shaped bucket this time.

Or is it pronounced bouquet?

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:14 am UTC

Could this be a specific sea? Their comments seem like a strange way to talk about the ocean, and as mentioned before, the water rise seems slow for a tide, but is described as fast. Also, both Cueball and Megan have gone out of their ways to illustrate to us that it tastes bad - it could be even saltier than usual. Red Sea? Salton, Dead, or Aral? Wikipedia suggests that the Red Sea only has seasonal rivers feeding it, and there are some broken expressions regarding its profile and trough (a connection to Megan not knowing how big it is - though even I think that's quite a stretch).
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

xpatiate

Postby xpatiate » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:51 am UTC

Cueball's going to have to work fast if he plans to use that bucket to bail out the pixels seeping through the sea wall...

RobIrr

Postby RobIrr » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:02 am UTC

At least he's moved the ladder to a more sensible place.
RobIrr, Bishop of the Diocese of Recursive Magic Kingdoi.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:10 am UTC

RobIrr wrote:At least he's moved the ladder to a more sensible place.

I don't know. Looks pretty wobbly.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Montov

Postby Montov » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:19 am UTC

SBN wrote:

The more it flexes, the less chance of it breaking.

ggh wrote:Could this be a specific sea? Their comments seem like a strange way to talk about the ocean, and as mentioned before, the water rise seems slow for a tide, but is described as fast. Also, both Cueball and Megan have gone out of their ways to illustrate to us that it tastes bad - it could be even saltier than usual. Red Sea? Salton, Dead, or Aral? Wikipedia suggests that the Red Sea only has seasonal rivers feeding it, and there are some broken expressions regarding its profile and trough (a connection to Megan not knowing how big it is - though even I think that's quite a stretch).

Megan has taken a short nap, but otherwise everything suggests they have done this within a day of their time.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:27 am UTC

Montov wrote:
SBN wrote:

The more it flexes, the less chance of it breaking.

Is it flexing, or is it unstable? We didn't see blurgits other times that they climbed the ladder.
But maybe he's still just repositioning it. I'd need a pixel analysis to be sure.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:31 am UTC

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Time_Page_321

BlitzGirl's first words have been added to the Book of Time

Also note I've been working on the wiki template. Now to create a new page if there is not one already then just go to that page number by modifying the URL of an existing page (ie back space out the 321 and type a different number) and then click create. Go to the script tab and copy and paste in the following code. Remember to change the number to match the page number.

Code: Select all

{{subst:Book|321}}

And then click Publish

You should now have a filled out blank page with the comic there. (If the newpix is too recent the image may be missing as it has not been uploaded to the wiki yet but it will be sometime soon don't worry. Or you can click on the missing image link and upload it yourself as TimeXXX.png)

Now you can click edit and add your text. You will see three templates for the start middle and end of the Page which you must leave. Just add new lines of text or whatever in the gap between the top two. And optionally add a line of dialog in the second gap. Click Preview to see the result before you Publish it.

Don't forget to register and log into the wiki if you want your name on the edit.

Book of Time pages can be filled out in any order you want.
Last edited by Latent22 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:55 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Asthanius

Postby Asthanius » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:35 am UTC

Asthanius wrote:A search of this topic shows that nobody has made the following assumption yet:

Time details the period of time that shall be known as Pre-Waterworld. The sea is rising oddly quickly, and what I am getting from the statements about the river is that there is a river that is overflowing due to some sort of blockage (perhaps wreckage that has ended up in the river by floating on the rising waters of the sea it empties into), and the water is slowly expanding outward.

Cueball has expressed his disbelief at the exponentially increasing height of the sea, stating that the river hasn't even begun to overflow into the sea. Megan replies that it doesn't even matter whether the river reaches the sea or not. "The river is small. The sea is big."

This is not supposed to be comedic. This comic is a showcase of two people spending their time together before immense global flooding. That is also why when Cueball said "Later" but returned fairly quickly (relative to the amount of work Megan had completed by that point), Megan didn't seem to question it. He came back so soon because "Later" has a different meaning to them. If they don't know how much time they have left, "Later" just means "I am going somewhere else right now, but I promise to come back as soon as I can".

Because this was my first post (and was thus put into a queue) I would like to bring this to the attention of current (although, what is truly current if not the waves of the ever-expanding sea?) posters.
Does anybody have any idea of what the hell energy is? It's the thing that, when applied to something, gives itself to the thing so that the thing can expend it, applying it to other things in multiple forms of it. What the hell is it?

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:48 am UTC

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Time_Page_584

There is always the big questions in life. Like "Does the Ladder wobble because we move it or do we move it because it wobbles?". We must all think long and hard on such questions to gain guidance in our newpixly lives. Also always remember that the more something flexes the lest chance of it breaking. So don't forget your morning stretches. And Finally we must remember that sometimes the only way to answer a question is with a pixel analysis.

CUEBALL: I DON'T KNOW WHY SHE DECIDES TO TAKE NOW TO TAKE A NAP

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:55 am UTC

Asthanius wrote:A search of this topic shows that nobody has made the following assumption yet:

Time details the period of time that shall be known as Pre-Waterworld. The sea is rising oddly quickly, and what I am getting from the statements about the river is that there is a river that is overflowing due to some sort of blockage (perhaps wreckage that has ended up in the river by floating on the rising waters of the sea it empties into), and the water is slowly expanding outward.

Cueball has expressed his disbelief at the exponentially increasing height of the sea, stating that the river hasn't even begun to overflow into the sea. Megan replies that it doesn't even matter whether the river reaches the sea or not. "The river is small. The sea is big."

This is not supposed to be comedic. This comic is a showcase of two people spending their time together before immense global flooding. That is also why when Cueball said "Later" but returned fairly quickly (relative to the amount of work Megan had completed by that point), Megan didn't seem to question it. He came back so soon because "Later" has a different meaning to them. If they don't know how much time they have left, "Later" just means "I am going somewhere else right now, but I promise to come back as soon as I can".

So why did they not say anything at all when leaving for longer times?

p 16
Synthetica wrote:The guy might come back, since he said "later"

p196
ChronosDragon wrote:Of course, sand isn't the best water-repelling material. Quite bad, actually. Which might lend credence to the "It's not a beach!" ideas.

Also, obligatory global warming interpretation.

Some Ways to Time

manvandmaan
The Period Guy

Postby manvandmaan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:59 am UTC

partingLance wrote:manvandmaan, are you sure you wouldn't be happier in the Western Paradox Church? You're definitely working our corner. Which, of course, and contrary to all expectations including our own, we officially support, and unofficially condemn.

We, the Sandmasons/nobody in particular, are not a religious organization and also therefore our members/People who we do not know can join any other religion that exist/does not exist.

How is one initiated in the Western Paradox Church?

vvn wrote:
AionArap wrote:Welcome.

Now send me all your money.

No, really. I am not a Sandmason, I have never declared myself to be a Sandmason!

Spoken like a true Sandmason! Welcome!

AionArap wrote:
Pfhorrest wrote:If Randall really wanted to do this up to 11, he would have it update at different speeds for users in different locations, like Umwelt, to simulate the relativity of time (say higher latitudes get faster updates and the equator gets slower ones); and there would be multiple different subsequent frames to each frame, to simulate branching nondeterministic time, something like a choose your own adventure story except your adventure is randomly chosen for you (with your current branch of the resulting tree being fixed to your IP, so you don't get different random branches every time you check for updates). And if he really, really wanted to go all out, he could have something like different longitudes track different characters or objects, which interact with each other in the same big world, combining Umwelt and Click And Drag with Time.

Wouldn't that be fun if, say, users in London tracking Alice see her shoot Bob, then when users in Los Angeles tracking Bob catch up to that moment in time, anticipating Bob's imminent death, they see Bob shoot first, while Londoners are busy watching Alice dispose of his body.

I can't even begin to imagine the chaos confusion clarity this would bring to this thread, fully supported may be putting it somewhat mildly.
That being said, BOB SHOT FIRST!!!

BOB SHOT FIRST!

Kabuthunk wrote:Y'know, the fact that the Cardinal/etc thing has not only gone on this long, but has in and of itself spawned a rival order of Sandmasons is a little bit of awesome, disturbing, and amusing.

I dunno, Sandmason sounds a helluva lot cooler. Sorry guys, but if you're going for name recognition, Sandmason just sounds more awesome, so if given the offer, I'd have to give the nod to them.

There is no such thing as Sandmasonry! Now go away! And also thank you! Now give all your money to AionArap.

Valiant Cookie wrote:I believe I have waited long enough to begin properly Waiting For It. Having formerly declared no allegiance to a proper group of people who wait, I am at a quandary as to what teachings should be followed. Are they NewPix or TimeFrames? or are they both new and old as the Western Paradox people might claim? are the Sandmasons behind everything?

I look to Blitzgirl, First of the True Followers of Time's time, Most True Followerer, and holder of many other fanciful titles, to light my path. Perhaps she will accept the Knight's Temporal. Perhaps she will, in her journey through time, be enlightened to lead a new movement. I will not speculate any further on what kind of state such a adventure through time will leave her in. In any case, I will look to and follow Blitzgirl as my teacher and leader.

I will study Teacher's messages from the past, and wait eagerly for her arrival in the future. For the present, I Wait For It. and Wait for YOU Blitzgirl, travel quickly Teacher, I await your timely arrival.

There are no Sandmasons, so we have NOTHING and also everything! to do with ANYTHING again, everything.
Congratz BlitzGirl BlitzRandir!
Godspeed to all the OTT travelers! I am one of you now!

- Former (Never was) Grand Mason of the now abolished SandMasons (which off course never existed)
- The Croissant Man (or Period Guy, whatevs)

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:02 pm UTC

Newpix.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:08 pm UTC

Caswallon wrote:The water is starting to seep through! the bottom layer of pixels behind the dike have filled in.

Indeed it is. Also, the sea wall is crumbling a bit.
Time_sea_level_rise_20130413_1200.png
Time_sea_level_rise_20130413_1200.png (2.75 KiB) Viewed 9261 times

(Change since the building of the sea wall, some 80-ish newpix ago. Green is added, red is removed.)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:42 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Caswallon wrote:The water is starting to seep through! the bottom layer of pixels behind the dike have filled in.

Indeed it is. Also, the sea wall is crumbling a bit.
Spoiler:

(Change since the building of the sea wall, some 80-ish newpix ago. Green is added, red is removed.)

It almost looks like a moat in front of the castle now (or is that a mote?). I know it almost certainly isn't, but a naïve interpretation without context would suggest it.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:03 pm UTC

Pouring the bucket contents onto the edge piece thingy??
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

xpatiate

Postby xpatiate » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Creosoting the platform? Or pouring boiling oil over the ramparts on unseen invaders behind the castle?

Either way I don't think I'd be climbing a dodgy ladder carrying a bucket of the stuff.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:13 pm UTC

xpatiate wrote:Creosoting the platform? Or pouring boiling oil over the ramparts on unseen invaders behind the castle?

Either way I don't think I'd be climbing a dodgy ladder carrying a bucket of the stuff.

I thought we'd established that it's toner?
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

manvandmaan
The Period Guy

Postby manvandmaan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:22 pm UTC

Hmm. between two DONGs I was browsing some old OtherComics and came across one that TimeWaiters could find rather disturbing...

I'll add it to possible end-theories on the wiki, since we don't have enough of those yet!

Spoiler:
XKCD 82: FRAME
alt text: ...
Congratz BlitzGirl BlitzRandir!
Godspeed to all the OTT travelers! I am one of you now!

- Former (Never was) Grand Mason of the now abolished SandMasons (which off course never existed)
- The Croissant Man (or Period Guy, whatevs)

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:27 pm UTC

edo wrote:
Please stay on as Patriarch Demeritus until such time as a new Patriarch is chosen by the nonexistant Cardinals of our faith.

Patriarch Dementius, you mean?
And we only choose usurper Patriarchs, must I remind you?
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

histrion

Postby histrion » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:42 pm UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:
Spoiler:
Qalyar wrote:There is a grave matter, a matter which I hesitate to mention, but which I am obligated to reveal.

Dieu Le temps n'est pas content, nous avons des ennemis de la foi dans le Royaume Château de Sable.

The Order of the Knights Temporal, long believed the most staunch and sacred defenders of Time, have fallen to apostasy, heresy, and obscenity! We have the sworn testimony1 of several members of the Order that they have hosted secret4 rituals inducting members into the heretical Order in a manner contrary to the Command of Time! These apostates have received their title from "future selves" rather than--yes! I know it is shocking!--rather than waiting for it and joining the Order in proper Time.

I fear that there is little choice put to purge the Order with flame.6

1 Well, it's not really sworn exactly.2
2 But at least we didn't coerce confessions with torture this time.3
3 Mostly because it's really hard to torture people on a forum. What are you going to do, link them Youtube clips of Nicolas Cage films or something?
4 Okay, they weren't really secret. You can just go back and read them on earlier pages.5
5 Which is probably worse!!!
6 Actually, we don't seem to have any flame at the moment, so we may have to purge the Order with semenatedcancerbabyicedcoffee instead.
7 Reading unreferenced footnotes also fails to respect Time. Repent, heretics, lest an Inquisition8 come.
8 It's okay to expect this one, as it isn't Spanish.
Actually, you do have flame, in the form of a perfectly good phoenix. Unfortunately for you, I happen to love a bit of chaos now and then, so I'll purge you with fire, instead of the Order, just to keep things interesting. Nobody will expect that!

"Don't tell me you're going to nibble on my ear..."
histrion, a.k.a. Sir Water of Ten, OKT, Archimandrite of Amicable Apostasy. Cheering on Blitzgirl, just because!

Time is a molecular acid.

histrion

Postby histrion » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:44 pm UTC

cmyk wrote:That sure as hell is one phallic whistle that means some serious fuckin' biznass. Does it come in pink?

It's so phallic it can come in whatever it wants.

SBN wrote:Is it flexing, or is it unstable? We didn't see blurgits other times that they climbed the ladder.

I think you mean agitrons.
histrion, a.k.a. Sir Water of Ten, OKT, Archimandrite of Amicable Apostasy. Cheering on Blitzgirl, just because!

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:00 pm UTC

Wnderer

Postby Wnderer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:05 pm UTC

color1.jpg

I think the color version is less bleak.

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:18 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Wnderer wrote:
color1.jpg

That's marvelous.

Something just occurred to me: Wouldn't most of us agree that construction of the [tiki hut | observation deck | poop deck | tower of Babel] seems to have been fairly well planned? The solid planting of the posts, the length of the deck planks, the careful (and symmetrical) spacing of the balusters--these all speak of thoughtful planning. (Probably by Megan, since Queball couldn't even put the ladder in the right spot.)

So why, with such a carefully planned structure, is there no staircase?

They can't seriously be expecting to defend this place against attack. Anyone reasonably [skillful [with an axe | at pole vaulting] | fast at [piling sand | throwing a grappling hook]] could achieve the platform easily against only two defenders.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:31 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
Spoiler:
Wnderer wrote:
color1.jpg

That's marvelous.

However, upon a few moments' reflection, I find eerily disturbing the use of anything besides the Two True Colors of White (emptiness) and Black (recycled pixels from oldcomix).

histrion

Postby histrion » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:31 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
Spoiler:
Wnderer wrote:
color1.jpg

That's marvelous.

Something just occurred to me: Wouldn't most of us agree that construction of the [tiki hut | observation deck | poop deck | tower of Babel] seems to have been fairly well planned? The solid planting of the posts, the length of the deck planks, the careful (and symmetrical) spacing of the balusters--these all speak of thoughtful planning. (Probably by Megan, since Queball couldn't even put the ladder in the right spot.)

They can't seriously be expecting to defend this place against attack. Anyone reasonably [skillful [with an axe | at pole vaulting] | fast at [piling sand | throwing a grappling hook]] could achieve the platform easily against only two defenders.

Unnecessary. As Periboea says in The Penelopiad, "Water is patient." Or, as the Doctor says in "The Waters of Mars," "Water always wins."

rmsgrey

Postby rmsgrey » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:32 pm UTC

All the talk of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey recently reminded me of:

The Prince wrote:Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you: they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm. You may wonder who I am or why I say this. Sit down and I will tell you a tale like none you have ever heard.

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:44 pm UTC

histrion wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:
Something just occurred to me:
Spoiler:
Wouldn't most of us agree that construction of the [tiki hut | observation deck | poop deck | tower of Babel] seems to have been fairly well planned? The solid planting of the posts, the length of the deck planks, the careful (and symmetrical) spacing of the balusters--these all speak of thoughtful planning. (Probably by Megan, since Queball couldn't even put the ladder in the right spot.)

Unnecessary. As Periboea says in The Penelopiad, "Water is patient." Or, as the Doctor says in "The Waters of Mars," "Water always wins."

I wasn't thinking of the water as an attacker; I was simply trying to think of a reason why their plan didn't include an easier way to get up and down than a single shaky ladder.

Perhaps the ladder is a drunk filter. If you can't make it up the ladder, you're too inebried* to join the party.

*Inebried: When you're too inebriated to say, "Inebriated."

histrion

Postby histrion » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:48 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:Perhaps the ladder is a drunk filter. If you can't make it up the ladder, you're too inebried* to join the party.

*Inebried: When you're too inebriated to say, "Inebriated."

It's at things-that-are-on-my-side-for-600-Alex's like these that I wish this forum had a vote-up or "like" feature. Cuz I'd do that here. :lol:

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:51 pm UTC

manvandmaan wrote:Hmm. between two DONGs I was browsing some old OtherComics and came across one that TimeWaiters could find rather disturbing...

I'll add it to possible end-theories on the wiki, since we don't have enough of those yet!

Spoiler:
XKCD 82: FRAME
alt text: ...

Gods, the horror. I see what you did here, and it made me nauseous. T_T
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:57 pm UTC

descor wrote:
Spoiler:
Caswallon wrote:
Valarya wrote:
kryton wrote:Blitzgirl is hereby proclaimed , by the pope of the Eastern Unorthodox Timewaiters, to be anointed with the title Great Pilgrim Of the One True Comic, searcher and quester of the true history, keeper of the sacred traditions, and defender of the sigs.

Hmm, quite a mouthful, how about Beautified Oracular Blitzgirl. Or just B.O.B.

Blitzgirl.
B.O.B.
First of the True Followers of Time's time
Most True Followerer
Sister in Waiting
First (and only) Knight of the Knights Temporal
Ghost of PresentPix
Time Architect of Signposts

As a ranking member, which I am not, of The Temporal Illuminati, which doesn't exist, I proclaim Blitzgirl, which I can't, the rank of Red Spiders Eyes, which I will deny, forever and in perpetuity.

Nyy unvy gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv!

Don't forget her first official role: Cardinal Tempus Viator of the Timewaiters.

Witnessed, signed, done.

Blitzgirl.
Cardinal Tempus Viator of the Timewaiters
B.O.B.
First of the True Followers of Time's time
Most True Followerer
Sister in Waiting
First (and only) Knight of the Knights Temporal
Red Spiders Eyes
Ghost of PresentPix
Time Architect of Signposts
Reader

From page 342... an edit to the past, from my present and your future: Embrace the titles - for they will armour you in your Quest through the madness to come. Madness you, yourself, helped create. Continue to Wait for It and may the titles bestow upon you a sense of comfort in the One True Thread and gratitude to the Followers of all Time for preparing you in what's to come...
Last edited by Valarya on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

My first thought was that he mixed concrete or something. . .but he didn't make enough to do anything substantial, like anchor a pole or the seawall. That's barely enough to make a memorial plaque.
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

histrion

Postby histrion » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:05 pm UTC

BONG:

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:07 pm UTC

edo wrote:By the powers not vested in me, I the Revered Apostate of the Eastern Paradox Church, trebuchet BlitzGirl sole cardinal of the Eastern Paradox faith, until such time that she reads this post. The Eastern Paradox Cardinals must at such time choose from amongst these cardinals, a new Patriarch by unanimous vote1.

1 The cardinals may vote for any cardinal of the Eastern Paradox faith other than themself

I see the traitors of the Eastern parody of a Paradox Church have gotten to you, young Elder edo. (pauses for a nap) My nose is filled with sadness.
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:09 pm UTC

histrion wrote:
SBN wrote:Is it flexing, or is it unstable? We didn't see blurgits other times that they climbed the ladder.

I think you mean agitrons.

Indeed I did. Thanks.
It does appear that the agitrons indicated ladder placement, not instability during use.

Some Ways to Time

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”