1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

HAL9000
Not Red

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:04 pm UTC

elementropy wrote:
buffygirl wrote:If river is River, then who is Sea?

An old man.

I wish to be dazzled by the creativity of the Exalted Haberdasher when challenged to produce a hat worthy of wearing to brunch.

I must thank you for introducing me to Monsterpiece Theater through your repeated references to it.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:04 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
spamjam wrote:Image

Is he decrenneling now? At this point I'm going to have to agree with the theory that M&C's plan is to raise the sandsemencoffeecaffinatedbabycancericepixeltoner-castle* to the platform in order to protect it from the rising tide of Time.

I had still been leaning towards the loopist school, thinking that the rising liquid-to-be-determined would wash everything away and then recede. Afterwards, M & C would come down from their platform, dis-assemble it, and then have a sit down on the once-again empty beach (return to TimeFrame 1).
[/size]

And it will all start over?

Loopists predict that the One True Comic will recycle back to its starting point in some way, creating an Endless Loop.

Others believe it will end at some finite, specific, NewPix, perhaps with the long-awaited punchline.

Still others believe that it will continue endlessly with no recurring pattern.

Finally, there are those who predict an End of Time with no specific payoff, either through some form of comic entropy, termination of servers, or the loss of Lord Randall in some fashion.

No one knows for sure. All we can do is Wait for it.

I want it to continue forever, but I think it might end with a punch line. Mostly I don't think it will loop, but it might.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:12 pm UTC

After careful consideration, I must proclaim herewith that I am not, and have never been, a Sandmason.

What, are you hallucinating again?
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

descor

Postby descor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:14 pm UTC

tman2nd wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
spamjam wrote:[img]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/814c02bb674cf79bfe5140fc56b7e3e2bc429547d8b254a6ae9382e0869975e9
.png[/img]

Is he decrenneling now? At this point I'm going to have to agree with the theory that M&C's plan is to raise the sandsemencoffeecaffinatedbabycancericepixeltoner-castle* to the platform in order to protect it from the rising tide of Time.

I had still been leaning towards the loopist school, thinking that the rising liquid-to-be-determined would wash everything away and then recede. Afterwards, M & C would come down from their platform, dis-assemble it, and then have a sit down on the once-again empty beach (return to TimeFrame 1).
[/size]

Loopists predict that the One True Comic will recycle back to its starting point in some way, creating an Endless Loop.

Others believe it will end at some finite, specific, NewPix, perhaps with the long-awaited punchline.

Finally, there are those who predict an End of Time with no specific payoff, either through some form of comic entropy, termination of servers, or the loss of Lord Randall in some fashion.

I want it to continue forever, but I think it might end with a punch line. Mostly I don't think it will loop, but it might.

Superb exercise in fence-sitting. I wish I could master your indecisiveness.1

1At least I think I do.
Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:17 pm UTC

He decrenelated nothing. Nothing was decrenelated. What was thought to be a decrenelated wall was a pile of semëncancërcoffeëbabië behind the semëncancërcoffeëbabië wall, as revealed last nüpiks.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:19 pm UTC

tman2nd wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:

[/size]

What if it loops, but at some point diverges from the loop? Sort of a variation on continuing endlessly, except if that's a possibility then we must wait forever, even if it appears to loop.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:25 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:After careful consideration, I must proclaim herewith that I am not, and have never been, a Sandmason.

What, are you hallucinating again?

Eeeexcellent!! Now fill it up with petroleum distillate, and revulcanize my tires, post-haste! Umm, I mean send me all your money.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:28 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:

[/size]

What if it loops, but at some point diverges from the loop? Sort of a variation on continuing endlessly, except if that's a possibility then we must wait forever, even if it appears to loop.

That would be an interesting test of our faith.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:29 pm UTC

Proposed insignia for the Knights Temporal.
Spoiler:
KnightsTemporal.png
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:32 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:

[/size]

Interesting thought....

I would be happy with an End-of-Time that loops or one with a specific punchline, determined by Lord Randall. I just hope it doesn't degrade in comic entropy or simply fizzle out. That would be hard not to have the resolution. It would be like
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:35 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:Proposed insignia for the Knights Temporal.
Spoiler:
KnightsTemporal.png

Excellent! I vote aye!
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

olcaddy

Postby olcaddy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:40 pm UTC

boozledorf wrote:Apologies for the double-post
The far left edge of the sand has a tiny, tiny slope upwards (present in both this one and the previous frame). I think this means that there's more to the sand castle than we see.

Also where is the missing vertical feature from the mini scene? I printed out this whole forum post and handed it out to a village. None of them found reference to this missing feature.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:45 pm UTC

olcaddy wrote:
The far left edge of the sand has a tiny, tiny slope upwards (present in both this one and the previous frame). I think this means that there's more to the sand castle than we see.

Also where is the missing vertical feature from the mini scene? I printed out this whole forum post and handed it out to a village. None of them found reference to this missing feature.

The original trebuchet, which has since been moved.

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:46 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Interesting thought....

I would be happy with an End-of-Time that loops or one with a specific punchline, determined by Lord Randall. I just hope it doesn't degrade in comic entropy or simply fizzle out. That would be hard not to have the resolution. It would be like

(

Edit: snipped instead of spoilered, because apparently spoilering from a phone is too hard.
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:49 pm UTC

olcaddy wrote:

Spoiler:

I believe that's the mini-trebuchet.

Edited to fix tag nesting.
Last edited by SBN on Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
KnightsTemporal.png

Excellent! I vote aye!

And I second that aye!

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Davidy

What is real?

Postby Davidy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:04 pm UTC

Why has no one come up with a reasonable explanation of how the platform/boards/ballisters/railings/bucket/sand/cueball/who-knows-what-else are so securely balanced on four linearly placed vertical posts without falling over? If there weren't apparent movement behind the castles (has it been determined whether the platform is behind the castles, or in front of them?), the balancing act would lend credence to the theory that this is flat world. On the other hand, if it was flat world, various things like Cueball, Megan, the boards and the ladder wouldn't be seen as different from the front and side views; they would only have one view. And a flat trebuchet wouldn't work. OK, so it's 3-D and the actors here have a sense of balance worthy of the best Ringlling Brothers act. But, notice the ladder; when the platform was first being built, Cueball placed the ladder edge-on to us. In that position, they were unable to reach it from atop the platform. It has been repositioned now flat to us and leaning on the same pole as before. In this position, the top of the ladder is actually further from the edge of the platform than it was before, yet the platform is now somehow accessible? I think we're left with the only conclusion - none of this is real. It's just a made up comic world with no reality. Oh sure, there are those of you who will profess that the Lord works in mysterious ways. That may be but even mysterious ways have some grounding in logic, physics and reality.

Meh!
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

HAL9000
Not Red

Re: What is real?

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:06 pm UTC

Davidy wrote:Why has no one come up with a reasonable explanation of how the platform/boards/ballisters/railings/bucket/sand/cueball/who-knows-what-else are so securely balanced on four linearly placed vertical posts without falling over? If there weren't apparent movement behind the castles (has it been determined whether the platform is behind the castles, or in front of them?), the balancing act would lend credence to the theory that this is flat world. On the other hand, if it was flat world, various things like Cueball, Megan, the boards and the ladder wouldn't be seen as different from the front and side views; they would only have one view. And a flat trebuchet wouldn't work. OK, so it's 3-D and the actors here have a sense of balance worthy of the best Ringlling Brothers act. But, notice the ladder; when the platform was first being built, Cueball placed the ladder edge-on to us. In that position, they were unable to reach it from atop the platform. It has been repositioned now flat to us and leaning on the same pole as before. In this position, the top of the ladder is actually further from the edge of the platform than it was before, yet the platform is now somehow accessible? I think we're left with the only conclusion - none of this is real. It's just a made up comic world with no reality. Oh sure, there are those of you who will profess that the Lord works in mysterious ways. That may be but even mysterious ways have some grounding in logic, physics and reality.

Meh!

Notice how Cueball and Megan don't have horizontally aligned feet. their feet are downward-pointing spikes, and they carried out this balancing act by stabbing their feet into the poles/planks.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:11 pm UTC

Since Cueball is going to be piling sand on the edges for the next 36 newpix (Outside time: the weekend)... I think I might actually venture out there.

Wish me luck.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:12 pm UTC

Looks like no one else has gotten around to it yet . . .
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:15 pm UTC

tman2nd wrote:
SBN wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:

[/size]

I think it's a very interesting idea. Let's say, a loop, going on forever, only the DIALOGUES change each cycle.
I think it can be a cool game to try and replace the dialogues in past and future frames with alternative dialogues.
On the other hand, people got themselves stoned for less radical ideas (using real stones, not by smoking stuff).
It's about time.

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:22 pm UTC

I see where this period is going...

Can someone — anyone — please get Cueball a front loader?!

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

edo

Postby edo » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:26 pm UTC

Flado wrote:
edo wrote:By the powers not vested in me, I the Revered Apostate of the Eastern Paradox Church, trebuchet BlitzGirl sole cardinal of the Eastern Paradox faith, until such time that she reads this post. The Eastern Paradox Cardinals must at such time choose from amongst these cardinals, a new Patriarch by unanimous vote1.

1 The cardinals may vote for any cardinal of the Eastern Paradox faith other than themself

I see the traitors of the Eastern parody of a Paradox Church have gotten to you, young Elder edo. (pauses for a nap) My nose is filled with sadness.

I cite the ancient texts that have yet to be written, "For it is through the One Who is to Come that all paradoxes will be resolved, and she will reign till the end of Time"
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

chem1190c

Postby chem1190c » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:28 pm UTC

Eliram wrote:
Spoiler:
tman2nd wrote:
SBN wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:

[/size]

I think it's a very interesting idea. Let's say, a loop, going on forever, only the DIALOGUES change each cycle.
I think it can be a cool game to try and replace the dialogues in past and future frames with alternative dialogues.
On the other hand, people got themselves stoned for less radical ideas (using real stones, not by smoking stuff).

As the old saying goes, "Don't throw things at The Stones since Mick Jagger lives in a glass house with no curtains". Unless I'm misremembering that one :wink:
/at least I'm not a bowl of petunias/
\\current member of the post-pre-hat-queue-mob-mob-mob\\

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:35 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
SBN wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:

[/size]

Interesting thought....

But since when does life ever have a satisfactory resolution?

tman2nd wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
KnightsTemporal.png

Excellent! I vote aye!

And I second that aye!

I third that aye!
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Your Eternal Servant And Companion Through Time,
Dame Not-Bob
Temporal Defender Of The One True Comic

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:48 pm UTC

chem1190c wrote:
Eliram wrote:
Spoiler:
tman2nd wrote:
SBN wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:

[/size]

As the old saying goes, "Don't throw things at The Stones since Mick Jagger lives in a glass house with no curtains". Unless I'm misremembering that one :wink:

If you live in a sandastles, don't throw buckets with holes in them on walls with poles, or moles will eat your soles and souls like trolls. (I'd keep going, but my English is not that great)
It's about time.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:51 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:Since Cueball is going to be piling sand on the edges for the next 36 newpix (Outside time: the weekend)... I think I might actually venture out there.

Wish me luck.

I can't believe what I've just read.
How many Inquisitions do we have? Bring them all!
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:57 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
Valarya wrote:Since Cueball is going to be piling sand on the edges for the next 36 newpix (Outside time: the weekend)... I think I might actually venture out there.

Wish me luck.

I can't believe what I've just read.
How many Inquisitions do we have? Bring them all!

The Inquisition?

Let's begin!
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Your Eternal Servant And Companion Through Time,
Dame Not-Bob
Temporal Defender Of The One True Comic

elementropy

Postby elementropy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:58 pm UTC

Davidy wrote:Why has no one come up with a reasonable explanation of how the platform/boards/ballisters/railings/bucket/sand/cueball/who-knows-what-else are so securely balanced on four linearly placed vertical posts without falling over? If there weren't apparent movement behind the castles (has it been determined whether the platform is behind the castles, or in front of them?), the balancing act would lend credence to the theory that this is flat world. On the other hand, if it was flat world, various things like Cueball, Megan, the boards and the ladder wouldn't be seen as different from the front and side views; they would only have one view. And a flat trebuchet wouldn't work. OK, so it's 3-D and the actors here have a sense of balance worthy of the best Ringlling Brothers act. But, notice the ladder; when the platform was first being built, Cueball placed the ladder edge-on to us. In that position, they were unable to reach it from atop the platform. It has been repositioned now flat to us and leaning on the same pole as before. In this position, the top of the ladder is actually further from the edge of the platform than it was before, yet the platform is now somehow accessible? I think we're left with the only conclusion - none of this is real. It's just a made up comic world with no reality. Oh sure, there are those of you who will profess that the Lord works in mysterious ways. That may be but even mysterious ways have some grounding in logic, physics and reality.

Meh!

What if there are eight poles? As our view seems to be rather lacking in depth-perception, might there be two poles every place we observe only one; one of the pair in front and one behind? The funny triangle things on either end may simply be what the railing we "see" looks like in profile. And, assuming that the lines intersecting cueball are indeed a railing in front of him, there may be one behind him as well.

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't mean it's not there.
Last edited by elementropy on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:05 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
- quoth Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and
A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast

Tempus fugit quasi sagita; muscas fructibus arieram volunt...

BlitzGirl: welcome to the future!

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:58 pm UTC

Meh!

It's not 2D, or 3D, but 2½D. Ant farm physics. (There's only about a meter or so in the “z” dimension, so not enough room for the platform to fall.)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:00 pm UTC

Eliram wrote:I think it's a very interesting idea. Let's say, a loop, going on forever, only the DIALOGUES change each cycle.

Actually I've just started such a stoning worthy project http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Time_Page_1
But unfortunately I need many more people who are not afraid of stones to help full it in. I don't think I have the Time to write a 594+ page book on my own

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:00 pm UTC

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:04 pm UTC

Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast, I, Timewaiter Arch-Cardinal Buffygirl, She who Rises From The Flames Like A Phoenix To Continue With Her Pursuit of Hat Perfection, do hereby present you with your hat.

derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg
B&W&Omlette Derby Hat
derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg (20.35 KiB) Viewed 8421 times

Wear it well.

elementropy

Postby elementropy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:12 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast, I, Timewaiter Arch-Cardinal Buffygirl, She who Rises From The Flames Like A Phoenix To Continue With Her Pursuit of Hat Perfection, do hereby present you with your hat.

derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

My God...it's full of stars...
- quoth Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and
A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast

Tempus fugit quasi sagita; muscas fructibus arieram volunt...

BlitzGirl: welcome to the future!

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:19 pm UTC

elementropy wrote:
buffygirl wrote:Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast, I, Timewaiter Arch-Cardinal Buffygirl, She who Rises From The Flames Like A Phoenix To Continue With Her Pursuit of Hat Perfection, do hereby present you with your hat.

derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

By Randall of the One True Comic ...it's full of stars...

FTFY

Erm ... well, I think those are actually vines/leaves but ..... Wait, no, yes! OF COURSE they are stars!!! What on earth was I thinking!??!!

Edit: I recognize that the hats I have gifted have become more intricate over Time. Thus, if anyone to whom I have already bestowed a hat finds themselves dissatisfied with their hat, here is what you must do. First, repent. A lot. A whole lot for disrespecting a gift from the Arch-Cardinal. Then come to me and I may have mercy upon you and adjust your hat to something more fitting.
Last edited by buffygirl on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:24 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:20 pm UTC

elementropy wrote:

derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

My God...it's full of stars...

Is it now.

edo

Postby edo » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:59 pm UTC

edo wrote:
Flado wrote:
edo wrote:By the powers not vested in me, I the Revered Apostate of the Eastern Paradox Church, trebuchet BlitzGirl sole cardinal of the Eastern Paradox faith, until such time that she reads this post. The Eastern Paradox Cardinals must at such time choose from amongst these cardinals, a new Patriarch by unanimous vote1.

1 The cardinals may vote for any cardinal of the Eastern Paradox faith other than themself

I see the traitors of the Eastern parody of a Paradox Church have gotten to you, young Elder edo. (pauses for a nap) My nose is filled with sadness.

I cite the ancient texts that have yet to be written, "For it is through the One Who is to Come that all paradoxes will be resolved, and she will reign till the end of Time"

Ah, nuts. The Outside world made me forget which way I was facing. The post will be fixed when the Paradox is resolved.
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:00 pm UTC

P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Roia

Postby Roia » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:03 pm UTC

A scary thought: what if the comic loops around to what looks like the first few panels... But a few 'pix down the line something different happens? It means we'll have to carry on Waiting, even after the loop, just to be sure...
The World is Waiting, Anticipating...

lazy-bunny.com - Blog.

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:06 pm UTC

Roia wrote:A scary thought: what if the comic loops around to what looks like the first few panels... But a few 'pix down the line something different happens? It means we'll have to carry on Waiting, even after the loop, just to be sure...

You mean, like this:
SBN wrote:What if it loops, but at some point diverges from the loop? Sort of a variation on continuing endlessly, except if that's a possibility then we must wait forever, even if it appears to loop.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”