1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

elementropy

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby elementropy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:08 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
elementropy wrote:
buffygirl wrote:Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast, I, Timewaiter Arch-Cardinal Buffygirl, She who Rises From The Flames Like A Phoenix To Continue With Her Pursuit of Hat Perfection, do hereby present you with your hat.

derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

By Randall of the One True Comic ...it's full of stars...

FTFY

Erm ... well, I think those are actually vines/leaves but ..... Wait, no, yes! OF COURSE they are stars!!! What on earth was I thinking!??!!

Edit: I recognize that the hats I have gifted have become more intricate over Time. Thus, if anyone to whom I have already bestowed a hat finds themselves dissatisfied with their hat, here is what you must do. First, repent. A lot. A whole lot for disrespecting a gift from the Arch-Cardinal. Then come to me and I may have mercy upon you and adjust your hat to something more fitting.

I think it fits just fine :-)
- quoth Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and
A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast

Tempus fugit quasi sagita; muscas fructibus arieram volunt...

BlitzGirl: welcome to the future!

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:09 pm UTC

Roia wrote:A scary thought: what if the comic loops around to what looks like the first few panels... But a few 'pix down the line something different happens? It means we'll have to carry on Waiting, even after the loop, just to be sure...

Even if the loop continues forever, as long as we have the command "Wait for it," that is what we must do.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Roia

Postby Roia » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:10 pm UTC

Smithers wrote:
Roia wrote:A scary thought: what if the comic loops around to what looks like the first few panels... But a few 'pix down the line something different happens? It means we'll have to carry on Waiting, even after the loop, just to be sure...

You mean, like this:
SBN wrote:What if it loops, but at some point diverges from the loop? Sort of a variation on continuing endlessly, except if that's a possibility then we must wait forever, even if it appears to loop.

Yes, exactly like that. SBN clearly went forward in time, read my post and copied it to get the credit!
The World is Waiting, Anticipating...

lazy-bunny.com - Blog.

edo

Re: A Message for All of My Subjects, and Others Who Are Bor

Postby edo » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:11 pm UTC

Randall Who Created All wrote:
Spoiler:
This special message is to commemmorate the Time (Wait for It.) you have devoted to the One True Comic. You have finally completed enough pages of the Holy Text of Time (Wait for It.) to have achieved the number 317, which is significant to my Creatorship in ways you cannot yet fathom.

Too all the faithful who have kept vigilence during this existence, you are truly blessed.

You never waivered in your belief during The Dark Period, nor exalted yourselves above Cueball and Megan during The Happiness Period. You stayed true to the One True Comic when the appointed moderators tested your faith, until I smote them and restored the words to their proper goodness. Through it all, you Wait.

There are some particular among you who deserve to be recognized for their most devouted devoutness.

Helper the First, Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic, is formost blessed as was recognized when chosen to be my Vessel. I have kept him in my Presence for a few frames of Time (Wait for It.) to endow him with additional knowledge of my Plan. Though it may take Time (Wait for It.) for him to fully recall my Instructions when I return him to your existential plane.

Arch-Cardinal buffygirl is blessed, and blessed again, for driving out the wicked possession that she faced in service to the One True Comic. She also makes the best Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich I have ever had.

Cardinal bigcrag92 is blessed for keeping all my Machinations moving as I intended, even to travelling to the Outside to spread the word of Time (Wait for It.), and I bless his birthday as the first Holiday of the One True Comic.

Cardinal KarMann has shown the expectional knowledge I endowed unto him, and henceforth is blessed as the Historian of the Comma of the One True Comic.

Cardinals ubscdt and udscbt are, unknown to themselves, the same entity. Their schizophrenic existence is blessed in my Eyes, so don't anyone tell them and spoil it for her.

Smithers was revealed as the first prophet when he "Called it!" about Megan's return with the tiny trebuchet. All must listen to all revelations I bestow through his being, including no nesting of models.

Dracomax has shown himself to be blessed when he revealed sax should never be casual, and only jam people who are known unto you. As Grand Lord High Inquisitor, he has my Full Authority to use the comfy chair as he sees fit.

Kryton, ordained Space-Pope of the Eastern Unorthodox TimeWaiters, I didn't like you much at the beginning of Time (Wait for It.), but you have shown youself to be the true and rightful leader of your people. All functions you perform are judged correct by my Beautician.

HAL9000, Sir Vincent LongDong née StratPlayer, and all of the Knights Temporal, are vested by my Scrutiny as the defenders of the One True Faith, as long as nothing is asked of them.

AionArap, Grand Master Flush of the Sandmasons, always remember you are in my Eternal Sight. Now give you ALL your money for being the blessed subject of my Vigilence.

Finally, all posters of single posts up to now are also to be considered divinely inspired, and my Apostles. But those with two posts are of the damned, and thrice-posters are an abomination upon my Demesne. The fourth post is crucial to repentence, so that sin can be forgiven. The fifth post restores righteousness upon each of my Subjects.

Now you are all commanded to go forth and spread the Truth of the One True Comic. But do not go Outside, it is an evil place.
_ _

Randall Who Created All

Wait for it.

What'd y'all think? He hath forsaken the |W>+|E> Paradox Church, which is pleasing in our eyes, but you'd think He'd have some pull with the mods, so his first and only post wouldnkt get buried.
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:16 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
elementropy wrote:
buffygirl wrote:Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast, I, Timewaiter Arch-Cardinal Buffygirl, She who Rises From The Flames Like A Phoenix To Continue With Her Pursuit of Hat Perfection, do hereby present you with your hat.

derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

My God...it's full of stars...

Is it now.

I suppose that's nice and all, but nothing beats the Monolith Hat...

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:18 pm UTC

edo wrote:
Spoiler:
This special message is to commemmorate the Time (Wait for It.) you have devoted to the One True Comic. You have finally completed enough pages of the Holy Text of Time (Wait for It.) to have achieved the number 317, which is significant to my Creatorship in ways you cannot yet fathom.

Too all the faithful who have kept vigilence during this existence, you are truly blessed.

You never waivered in your belief during The Dark Period, nor exalted yourselves above Cueball and Megan during The Happiness Period. You stayed true to the One True Comic when the appointed moderators tested your faith, until I smote them and restored the words to their proper goodness. Through it all, you Wait.

There are some particular among you who deserve to be recognized for their most devouted devoutness.

Helper the First, Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic, is formost blessed as was recognized when chosen to be my Vessel. I have kept him in my Presence for a few frames of Time (Wait for It.) to endow him with additional knowledge of my Plan. Though it may take Time (Wait for It.) for him to fully recall my Instructions when I return him to your existential plane.

Arch-Cardinal buffygirl is blessed, and blessed again, for driving out the wicked possession that she faced in service to the One True Comic. She also makes the best Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich I have ever had.

Cardinal bigcrag92 is blessed for keeping all my Machinations moving as I intended, even to travelling to the Outside to spread the word of Time (Wait for It.), and I bless his birthday as the first Holiday of the One True Comic.

Cardinal KarMann has shown the expectional knowledge I endowed unto him, and henceforth is blessed as the Historian of the Comma of the One True Comic.

Cardinals ubscdt and udscbt are, unknown to themselves, the same entity. Their schizophrenic existence is blessed in my Eyes, so don't anyone tell them and spoil it for her.

Smithers was revealed as the first prophet when he "Called it!" about Megan's return with the tiny trebuchet. All must listen to all revelations I bestow through his being, including no nesting of models.

Dracomax has shown himself to be blessed when he revealed sax should never be casual, and only jam people who are known unto you. As Grand Lord High Inquisitor, he has my Full Authority to use the comfy chair as he sees fit.

Kryton, ordained Space-Pope of the Eastern Unorthodox TimeWaiters, I didn't like you much at the beginning of Time (Wait for It.), but you have shown youself to be the true and rightful leader of your people. All functions you perform are judged correct by my Beautician.

HAL9000, Sir Vincent LongDong née StratPlayer, and all of the Knights Temporal, are vested by my Scrutiny as the defenders of the One True Faith, as long as nothing is asked of them.

AionArap, Grand Master Flush of the Sandmasons, always remember you are in my Eternal Sight. Now give you ALL your money for being the blessed subject of my Vigilence.

Finally, all posters of single posts up to now are also to be considered divinely inspired, and my Apostles. But those with two posts are of the damned, and thrice-posters are an abomination upon my Demesne. The fourth post is crucial to repentence, so that sin can be forgiven. The fifth post restores righteousness upon each of my Subjects.

Now you are all commanded to go forth and spread the Truth of the One True Comic. But do not go Outside, it is an evil place.
_ _

Randall Who Created All

Wait for it.

What'd y'all think? He hath forsaken the |W>+|E> Paradox Church, which is pleasing in our eyes, but you'd think He'd have some pull with the mods, so his first and only post wouldnkt get buried.

>No mention of Blitzgirl
HERESY!
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Asthanius

Postby Asthanius » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:20 pm UTC

Has anybody mentioned the fact that there doesn't seem to be any wind? The flags haven't moved as far as I know, and if Megan and Cueball truly are on a beach, there must be some wind, right?
For this reason I propose that the location in which Time flows is a fjord.
Also, I wanted to say fjord.
Does anybody have any idea of what the hell energy is? It's the thing that, when applied to something, gives itself to the thing so that the thing can expend it, applying it to other things in multiple forms of it. What the hell is it?

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:22 pm UTC

Asthanius wrote:Has anybody mentioned the fact that there doesn't seem to be any wind? The flags haven't moved as far as I know, and if Megan and Cueball truly are on a beach, there must be some wind, right?

Nope. Uh... no one's mentioned that at all. *ahem*

FNOOOORD!

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:22 pm UTC

Asthanius wrote:Has anybody mentioned the fact that there doesn't seem to be any wind? The flags haven't moved as far as I know, and if Megan and Cueball truly are on a beach, there must be some wind, right?

Since the first appearance of the flags, and quite often after that.
Also, wouldn't there still be wind in a fjord, as long as the wind in the region ran down-fjord?
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

SinusPi

Postby SinusPi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:22 pm UTC

Asthanius wrote:Also, I wanted to say fjord.

Now say Eyjafjallajökull, and Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:23 pm UTC

cmyk wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
elementropy wrote:

derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

Is it now.

Give it to HAL. :D
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Asthanius

Postby Asthanius » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:24 pm UTC

SinusPi wrote:

Now say Eyjafjallajökull, and Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

I would, but I'm afraid that somebody will mistake me for speaking Tongues and drown me in holy water.
Does anybody have any idea of what the hell energy is? It's the thing that, when applied to something, gives itself to the thing so that the thing can expend it, applying it to other things in multiple forms of it. What the hell is it?

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:24 pm UTC

tman2nd wrote:
cmyk wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
elementropy wrote:

derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

Is it now.

So it is written, so it shall be done.

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:26 pm UTC

SinusPi wrote:

That last one took me a few days but I think I have it down pat by now.

Valentorg

Postby Valentorg » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:33 pm UTC

partingLance wrote:
Valentorg wrote:After having lurked and watched Time's time from the beginning of Time, and finally became an active participant in Time's time a few pages ago, I propose the founding of a new religion based on a title given to Blitzgirl:

The True Followers of Time's time

I defer leadership of this religion to Blitzgirl if she chooses to lead it. If not, then the religion will require her blessings, naturally.

But rather than envisaging the creation of yet another new religion, I think we should look rather to the hope that Blitzgirl will be able, Redeemer-like, to unite all the squabbling factions under the banner of the One True Comic, such that we cease to dissipate our energies in pointless theological disputes.

Rather a burden, admittedly, to place on the shoulders of one person, however valiant. And reports from Outside suggest that such fond hopes have not been realized there. But so much the worse for the Outside, say I. We live in hope, do we not? What else could be the meaning of "wait for it"?

Even better!

Will Blitzgirl rise to the challenge and bring order to the chaos? Or will she simply carry on, seeking to remain alone in her quest?
Only Time will tell...

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:34 pm UTC

elementropy wrote:
Spoiler:
buffygirl wrote:
elementropy wrote:

derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

FTFY

Erm ... well, I think those are actually vines/leaves but ..... Wait, no, yes! OF COURSE they are stars!!! What on earth was I thinking!??!!

Edit: I recognize that the hats I have gifted have become more intricate over Time. Thus, if anyone to whom I have already bestowed a hat finds themselves dissatisfied with their hat, here is what you must do. First, repent. A lot. A whole lot for disrespecting a gift from the Arch-Cardinal. Then come to me and I may have mercy upon you and adjust your hat to something more fitting.

Awwww! That's awesome! If you send me the color version of your avatar, I can put the hat on that head instead. If you want.

EDIT: added spoiler
Last edited by buffygirl on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:37 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:36 pm UTC

Valentorg wrote:
partingLance wrote:
Valentorg wrote:After having lurked and watched Time's time from the beginning of Time, and finally became an active participant in Time's time a few pages ago, I propose the founding of a new religion based on a title given to Blitzgirl:

The True Followers of Time's time

I defer leadership of this religion to Blitzgirl if she chooses to lead it. If not, then the religion will require her blessings, naturally.

But rather than envisaging the creation of yet another new religion, I think we should look rather to the hope that Blitzgirl will be able, Redeemer-like, to unite all the squabbling factions under the banner of the One True Comic, such that we cease to dissipate our energies in pointless theological disputes.

Rather a burden, admittedly, to place on the shoulders of one person, however valiant. And reports from Outside suggest that such fond hopes have not been realized there. But so much the worse for the Outside, say I. We live in hope, do we not? What else could be the meaning of "wait for it"?

Even better!

Will Blitzgirl rise to the challenge and bring order to the chaos? Or will she simply carry on, seeking to remain alone in her quest?
Only Time will tell...

Message from the future: Hey Blitzgirl, please join the Temporal Hypotheses and Intelligence Society.
Last edited by tman2nd on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Asthanius

Postby Asthanius » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:39 pm UTC

Hold on. What if we shouldn't be revering Time, but It? After all, we are supposed to Wait for it. What if that means that we are to wait not until It happens, but because of It? I do not know what It is, but is this not understandable? To know what It is would be to remove all meaning from the phrase Wait for it.

I apologize if this is seen as heresy and accept any and all punishment, but please, consider my words.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past..... Schizoblitz: 105/2599 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:40 pm UTC

Quest progress: 254 out of 320 pages.
The Poles. NP 424.

Rejoice for me, fellow thread denizens, for I have crossed into another new Time Period: Megan has just brought the first Pole. I know that this will bring about the great Scaffolding, but the posts I walk among still fixate upon the Sandcastle, and how the Pole will be used to shore it up. It is evidence of how the more curious among us always look to the past when considering the future, the same impulse which first sent me back to the beginning of this thread and the beginning of Time, and perhaps the same impulse that brings you to contact me from your present. But it is also an impulse that may lead to you becoming lost in the past, as I have.

For all that it is noble and good to closely examine what has been, we must also prepare for the unforeseen, the unknowable. When the first, miniature Sandcastle sprang to life, the thread-dwellers of that time did not conceive of anything like the Second Sandcastle, much less the Scaffolding we see in the present Time. At the first attack of the Trebuchet, no one envisioned that soon, a tiny replica Trebuchet would be attacking a tiny replica Sandcastle. So does Time surprise us all.

Because I travel through only the history of Time's thread, you may think I am not surprised. Yet the future astonishes me daily. When first I initiated my Quest, messages from the future did not figure into my travels. If anything, I anticipated reading response posts to my Signposts once I made it to those markers, and by that Time the response posts would have been long since sent, the conversation carried on. What I did not anticipate was the creativity and ingenuity of you who dwell in my future, with the capability to edit past posts and sig in the present Time. From Smither's first edited past-post, to htom's first communication-received sigcouragement, I have been surprised. Even here, meandering around past newpages, I find new amusement in the discussions of the Oxford comma and spats over just how recursive the Recursion is. The past can surprise you, too.

And now for more communications from the future that I have happened across:

Spoiler:
RobIrr wrote:BlitzGirl Rocks!
descor wrote:GO BLITZGIRL, GO!!
KuwabatakeSanjuro wrote:We await you, Blitzgirl! Travel on through the messages of the past. We wait for it and we wait for you to join us.

Thank you all for the sigcouragement!

Valarya wrote:Blitzgirl: Your future self misses you.

More color! I am curious as to how you know this. I do not yet know my self-of-the-future, so it is impossible for me to miss her back.

Shepherdess wrote:Noble Blitzgirl,

It was more a sign of humility than a statement of servitude. But rest easy in the knowledge that all Knights will follow you as we Wait.

Your Not-Literally Eternal Servant But Definitely Your Figurative Companion Through Time,
Dame Not-Bob
Temporal Defender Of The One True Comic

Greetings, Dame Not-Bob,

That is indeed a relief. I have no use for servants. Though a secretary to sort through my future-mail would be quite handy. I don't know if it is wise for the Knights to follow me; I fear we will lose them scattered among the past of this thread, reading messages to the future/past sent by fellow knights meandering through different Time Periods. It would be utter sigfusion. Unless, of course, you mean this figuratively as well. (I hope so!)

Sincerely,
BlitzGirl,
Traveler of the Thread of Time.

Angelastic wrote:Yay! So BlitzGirl, now that you're a Knight Temporal, I don't suppose you could knight me? Self-knighting via time travel has become controversial in the future. In return, in my capacity as Archdeacon of Buttermongery, I would grant you eternal rights to sell butter.

I can't knight you yet, because I have not yet read my own signature in my travels through the past-Thread (I believe I shall see it around page 259), and thus am not yet a Knight. But if it is controversial, perhaps seeing that signature of mine will not be sufficient to make me a Knight? And in which case I couldn't knight myself, and since I will not have knighted myself I will not be able to beknight others, including you.

elementropy wrote:Blitzgirl: while we wait for you, what would you like for brunch?

COOKIES.

My journey continues!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:43 pm UTC

Asthanius wrote:Hold on. What if we shouldn't be revering Time, but It? After all, we are supposed to Wait for it. What if that means that we are to wait not until It happens, but because of It? I do not know what It is, but is this not understandable? To know what It is would be to remove all meaning from the phrase Wait for it.

I apologize if this is seen as heresy and accept any and all punishment, but please, consider my words.

Indeed, it is heresy. And yet, your words will be considered. The Great BuffyGirl has been feeling Generous Today.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
cmyk wrote:
Spoiler:
HAL9000 wrote:
elementropy wrote:

The attachment derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg is no longer available

Wear it well.

Is it now.

Well, it would be, if I could. I'll attach the file I used for my avatar, if someone else would be so kind to attach the hat for me (I am lacking a program capable of removing multicolored backgrounds)
Attachments
HAL 9000.jpg
HAL 9000.jpg (7.08 KiB) Viewed 8084 times

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:45 pm UTC

Spoiler:
HAL9000 wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
cmyk wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
elementropy wrote:

derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

Is it now.

That is not a Hat. So Say I, Timewaiter Arch-Cardinal Buffygirl, She who Rises From The Flames Like A Phoenix To Continue With Her Pursuit of Hat Perfection.

Asthanius

Postby Asthanius » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:46 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
Asthanius wrote:Hold on. What if we shouldn't be revering Time, but It? After all, we are supposed to Wait for it. What if that means that we are to wait not until It happens, but because of It? I do not know what It is, but is this not understandable? To know what It is would be to remove all meaning from the phrase Wait for it.

Indeed, it is heresy. And yet, your words will be considered. The Great BuffyGirl has been feeling Generous Today.

Praise be unto You, and upon all iterations of You throughout Time. I give thanks to those who not only spread Generosity, but also appreciate a nice hat when they see one, because seriously; hats are cool.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:47 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
Spoiler:
HAL9000 wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
cmyk wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
elementropy wrote:

derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

Is it now.

That is not a Hat. So Say I, Timewaiter Arch-Cardinal Buffygirl, She who Rises From The Flames Like A Phoenix To Continue With Her Pursuit of Hat Perfection.

I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:56 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
edo wrote:
Spoiler:

_ _

Randall Who Created All

Wait for it.

>No mention of Blitzgirl
HERESY!

Heresy? That is exactly what we need for the Book of Time to spur debate and such

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Time_Page_589
http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Time_Page_590
http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Time_Page_591
Took up 3 pages

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:02 am UTC

astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:05 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
edo wrote:
Spoiler:

_ _

Randall Who Created All

Wait for it.

>No mention of Blitzgirl
HERESY!

I must agree that the omission of Blitzgirl is, indeed, a sin worthy of severe disciplinary measures. But ... I think he wants to make us even more famous. Thus, loving titles, fame, and general worldly recognition, I must offer my approval.

Asthanius

Postby Asthanius » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:08 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
edo wrote:
Spoiler:

_ _

Randall Who Created All

Wait for it.

>No mention of Blitzgirl
HERESY!

I must agree that the omission of Blitzgirl is, indeed, a sin worthy of severe disciplinary measures. But ... I think he wants to make us even more famous. Thus, loving titles, fame, and general worldly recognition, I must offer my approval.

But is it really a sin? To not include Blitzgirl is to make us all realize how much she has done for us. He cannot give her any greater honor than inscribing her in our thoughts.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:13 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
edo wrote:
Spoiler:

_ _

Randall Who Created All

Wait for it.

>No mention of Blitzgirl
HERESY!

It is possible that Randall Who Created All couldn't mention Blitzgirl because in the order of time she has not yet reached page 317 ( She is currently located somewhere just after page 254) . After she has passed Page 317 she will have caught up and he can then use a simple edit to go back in time and add her into his original post.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:16 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
cmyk wrote:
Spoiler:
HAL9000 wrote:
elementropy wrote:

derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

Is it now.

Well, it would be, if I could. I'll attach the file I used for my avatar, if someone else would be so kind to attach the hat for me (I am lacking a program capable of removing multicolored backgrounds)

You know not what you ask! And yes, I'll do it.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:19 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
edo wrote:
Spoiler:

_ _

Randall Who Created All

Wait for it.

>No mention of Blitzgirl
HERESY!

It is possible that Randall Who Created All couldn't mention Blitzgirl because in the order of time she has not yet reached page 317 ( She is currently located somewhere just after page 254) . After she has passed Page 317 she will have caught up and he can then use a simple edit to go back in time and add her into his original post.

It could be a legitimate revelation from the Lord Randall... Perhaps this was the IT we were instructed to wait for?

And yet... The machinations of Megan and Cueball continue on, unabated, as if unaware of a divine message from the One True Randall. It will take much effort and debate to resolve this...

The Knights Temporal are ready to serve in their fullest capacity of defenders of Time, the One True Comic, and shall give their all* to help resolve this cryptic message!

*Provided we don't have to actually do anything...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:20 am UTC

AionArap wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:After careful consideration, I must proclaim herewith that I am not, and have never been, a Sandmason.

What, are you hallucinating again?

Eeeexcellent!! Now fill it up with petroleum distillate, and revulcanize my tires, post-haste! Umm, I mean send me all your money.

Clearly, Sandmasonry is not Free.
elementropy wrote:
Spoiler:
derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

In the words of Korben Dallas: "That's a very nice hat." Wow. Kudos.
(Edit: double post)
Last edited by jjjdavidson on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:51 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

davidy22

Postby davidy22 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:35 am UTC

So, is there an animated gif of all the images so far? Not aubronwood, an actual single animated gif.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:36 am UTC

Here is a graph of BlitzGirl's progress through Time.

Along the bottom is the Page she gave us the honor of reporting to us here and the other axis is her percentage progress to her goal. The Goal post is constantly moving making her achievement so much harder and therefore much more glorious when she achieves it. Which we know she already has. As we know she is reading these words now. Only it's her future self reading them. Just Wait for it and it will happen.
Attachments
BlitzGirl Progress.png
BlitzGirl's Progress Through Time
BlitzGirl Progress.png (8.6 KiB) Viewed 7923 times

vvn

Postby vvn » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:38 am UTC

"1" in column one.
Asthanius wrote:I must agree that the omission of Blitzgirl is, indeed, a sin worthy of severe disciplinary measures. But ... I think he wants to make us even more famous. Thus, loving titles, fame, and general worldly recognition, I must offer my approval.
But is it really a sin? To not include Blitzgirl is to make us all realize how much she has done for us. He cannot give her any greater honor than inscribing her in our thoughts.

Perhaps there is to be a specific post honoring her when she gets out of the past. Thus honoring her more at the time of her greatest victory.

Edit: Fix Quotes
Last edited by vvn on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:49 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:40 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
elementropy wrote:
Spoiler:
derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

In the words of Korben Dallas: "That's a very nice hat." Wow. Kudos.

A particularly nice one indeed..

...mul-tee-pass...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

htom

Postby htom » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:41 am UTC

12800 posts, page 320. All of us, not mine. Probably 12802 now, as I'm slow.

Edit - Missed it by one, 12803 and onto 321.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:44 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:Here is a graph of BlitzGirl's progress through Time.

Along the bottom is the Page she gave us the honor of reporting to us here and the other axis is her percentage progress to her goal. The Goal post is constantly moving making her achievement so much harder and therefore much more glorious when she achieves it. Which we know she already has. As we know she is reading these words now. Only it's her future self reading them. Just Wait for it and it will happen.

Nice graph!

And yet it is concerning that she is appears to asymptotically approach the "Now" -- perhaps, like Zeno, she will never intersect with us in the present, but shall only reach an approximation of "now" that is outside our own universe?

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:49 am UTC

htom wrote:12800 posts, page 320. All of us, not mine. Probably 12802 now, as I'm slow.

Edit - Missed it by one, 12803 and onto 321.

Time Marches Aprils on...
Last edited by StratPlayer on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:51 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

elementropy

Postby elementropy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:49 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
elementropy wrote:
Spoiler:
buffygirl wrote:
elementropy wrote:

derbyHat-egg-smlr.jpg

Wear it well.

FTFY

Awwww! That's awesome! If you send me the color version of your avatar, I can put the hat on that head instead. If you want.

EDIT: added spoiler

As it seemed the perfect hat to wear when dining with Miss Golightly, I debated for a while whether to debut the lovely gift you gave me in colour or in classic black-and-white. Here's my other self; what do you think?
- quoth Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and
A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast

Tempus fugit quasi sagita; muscas fructibus arieram volunt...

BlitzGirl: welcome to the future!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”