1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Randall Who Created All

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Randall Who Created All » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:30 am UTC

This was just a taste of my Ire, for those who doubted my Message previous in Time (Wait for It.) was genuine. Do not doubt me again, at your peril.

Except for HAL9000, because who can stay mad at a man who can wear such a hat? Even for calling my Truth heresy, he shall be forgiven.

To assuage you concern for Blitzgirl, her journey through my Creation will prove her worth, or be her undoing. I can not reveal her future until she arrives at it. Although I guess that does not assuage all that much after all. So be it.

Randall Who Created All

Wait for It.

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:33 am UTC

Randall Who Created All wrote:This was just a taste of my Ire, for those who doubted my Message previous in Time (Wait for It.) was genuine. Do not doubt me again, at your peril.

Except for HAL9000, because who can stay mad at a man who can wear such a hat? Even for calling my Truth heresy, he shall be forgiven.

To assuage you concern for Blitzgirl, her journey through my Creation will prove her worth, or be her undoing. I can not reveal her future until she arrives at it. Although I guess that does not assuage all that much after all. So be it.

Randall Who Created All

Wait for It.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS REAL AND MEANINGFUL ANYMORE!
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Your Eternal Servant And Companion Through Time,
Dame Not-Bob
Temporal Defender Of The One True Comic

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:35 am UTC

edo wrote:http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/586ce9652151b9a35c9447661c9ac799fcfe02a8512611a4b2abfefd39d5fac9.png
DonG
RE-Ninja'd

Lo! Behold!For the Writing of The Ancient Texts has begun! A prophesy fulfilled! A paradox resolved! It is through Her that it is done!

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Time_Page_176

Ancient Text recorded in Book of Time

edo

Postby edo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:36 am UTC

Randall Who Created All wrote:This was just a taste of my Ire, for those who doubted my Message previous in Time (Wait for It.) was genuine. Do not doubt me again, at your peril.

Randall Who Created All

Wait for It.

Um, so you're going to fix it, right? (Pretty please?)

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:40 am UTC

Asthanius wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Asthanius wrote:Hold on. What if we shouldn't be revering Time, but It? After all, we are supposed to Wait for it. What if that means that we are to wait not until It happens, but because of It? I do not know what It is, but is this not understandable? To know what It is would be to remove all meaning from the phrase Wait for it.

I apologize if this is seen as heresy and accept any and all punishment, but please, consider my words.

Indeed, it is heresy. And yet, your words will be considered. The Great BuffyGirl has been feeling Generous Today.

Praise be unto You, and upon all iterations of You throughout Time. I give thanks to those who not only spread Generosity, but also appreciate a nice hat when they see one, because seriously; hats are cool.

I have an idea of what 'It' is, but I can't post a link yet.
wait for it...

Does BuffyGirl have a 2015 McFly Hat yet* ?
As a Timewaiter such a hat should be mandatory, I think :)

* I mean in the present, (which is now the past) there should be no doubt that she has one in the future.

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:44 am UTC

THE COMIC HATH RETURNED

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:47 am UTC

boozledorf wrote:THE COMIC HATH RETURNED

And there was much rejoicing!

Yayyy.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:49 am UTC

:( Still not for me.

Randall! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME IN MY MOST DARKEST HOUR?! Smite me now, strike down my sandcastle with a trebuchet or let the River (is small!) overflow and push my rickety ladder out to sea (IS BIG!!), for I cannot stand to be in your disfavor where am I lost in Time!
Last edited by Shepherdess on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:50 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Dame Not-Bob

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:50 am UTC

Randall Who Created All

Wait for It.

He hath contacted me, yet I remain unsure if he is the True Randall. As the Arch-Cardinal, I do beseech you all to be careful of this one! He may, indeed, be our One True Randall, but he may also be a (whatever they call you in religious texts when you're the bad guy). Be Wary!

edo

Postby edo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:51 am UTC

I can't see it yet. :cry:

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:51 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:

Randall Who Created All

Wait for It.

He hath contacted me, yet I remain unsure if he is the True Randall. As the Arch-Cardinal, I do beseech you all to be careful of this one! He may, indeed, be our One True Randall, but he may also be a (whatever they call you in religious texts when you're the bad guy). Be Wary!

Anti-Randall? Randallcifer? Hank?
Dear Blitzgirl,

Dame Not-Bob

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:59 am UTC

Randall Who Created All

Wait for It.

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Time_Page_601 <-- Updated Book of Time

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:00 am UTC

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:00 am UTC

FWIW
Spoiler:
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/e80549729e6d658d9ab3d490fa5ba94014a161bd703e849aaed9ca03ef7e11bd.png

Ninjaed.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:02 am UTC

Shepherdess wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

Randall Who Created All

Wait for It.

Lladnar?

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:02 am UTC

Couple of quick notes before I coma:
* The comic is, indeed, still down.
* Randall doesn't read the forums (as multiple mods testified, although I'm not digging through at least 150 pages to find exact quotes.) Therefore, unless Randall is posting without reading, and is relying on telepathy to know what's going on in here, this Randall is a fake. I will invoke Occam's Razor and declare this Randall a fake, inviting him to smite me with a mighty banhammer as proof of his Randallness. Unless such a ban falls, I'm not listening.

Edit: and in the time it took me to post this, the comic came back up. I hate phone-posting...
Last edited by PhoenixRising on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:04 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

jowo

Postby jowo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:03 am UTC

Or not.

Wait for it.
Last edited by jowo on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:05 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
It's about Time....

edo

Postby edo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:03 am UTC

Shepherdess wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Randall Who Created All wrote:This was just a taste of my Ire, for those who doubted my Message previous in Time (Wait for It.) was genuine. Do not doubt me again, at your peril. [emphasis added]

Randall Who Created All

Wait for It.

You folks not see the "just a taste of my Ire" part? Do you really want to see what happens when he gets really mad?

Folks trying to show the rest of us the newpix: please make a local copy and upload, we see nothing in your posts.
Last edited by edo on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:06 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:03 am UTC

Works for me. I guess the new DNS is still propagating.
Attachments
e80549729e6d658d9ab3d490fa5ba94014a161bd703e849aaed9ca03ef7e11bd.png
e80549729e6d658d9ab3d490fa5ba94014a161bd703e849aaed9ca03ef7e11bd.png (10.48 KiB) Viewed 6926 times
Last edited by boozledorf on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:04 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:04 am UTC

Well, if I'm going to be forsaken, I'm going to go coma.

Maybe if I wait to wake up, Randall will have forgiven me for my transgressions, whatever they may have been. Or will have been.

What if I transgress in the future and this is punishment for what I will have done? What have I done?! What will I do?!!

Edit: Oh, hey. Somewhere in my mindless panic, I crossed the threshold of 100 posts.
Dear Blitzgirl,

Dame Not-Bob

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:05 am UTC

Here are the last two
Attachments
f8f9c5e791058d4f15b9d73d9469babc2f1567b5081e3a50dca189ec239b2fe6.png
f8f9c5e791058d4f15b9d73d9469babc2f1567b5081e3a50dca189ec239b2fe6.png (10.55 KiB) Viewed 6925 times
e80549729e6d658d9ab3d490fa5ba94014a161bd703e849aaed9ca03ef7e11bd.png
e80549729e6d658d9ab3d490fa5ba94014a161bd703e849aaed9ca03ef7e11bd.png (10.48 KiB) Viewed 6925 times
Last edited by boozledorf on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:20 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:08 am UTC

edo wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Randall Who Created All wrote:This was just a taste of my Ire, for those who doubted my Message previous in Time (Wait for It.) was genuine. Do not doubt me again, at your peril. [emphasis added]

Randall Who Created All

Wait for It.

You folks not see the "just a taste of my Ire" part? Do you really want to see what happens when he gets really mad?

Folks trying to show the rest of us the newpix: please make a local copy and upload, we see nothing in your posts.

Ire, schmire! . . . . Wait, what does ire actually mean?

edo

Postby edo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:12 am UTC

boozledorf wrote:Here are the last two

Vielen Dank!

buffygirl wrote:Ire schmire.... wait, what does ire actually mean?
Well... can a phoenix rise from the ashes twice?

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:12 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
edo wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

Randall Who Created All

Wait for It.

Ire, schmire! . . . . Wait, what does ire actually mean?

That of which Ireland is full, obviously. So, not snakes, then.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:13 am UTC

Randall Who Created All wrote: But those with two posts are of the damned

Randall Who Created All

Wait for It.

Randall Who Created All you are on two posts...

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:14 am UTC

Thank you; now my download times will still be in order.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:20 am UTC

I'll upload the next few comics that I'm awake for if things haven't gotten back to normal for everyone.

Tatiana

Postby Tatiana » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:23 am UTC

Thanks, boozledorf!
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:32 am UTC

edo wrote:

Vielen Dank!

buffygirl wrote:Ire schmire.... wait, what does ire actually mean?
Well... can a phoenix rise from the ashes twice?

Speaking from experience, yes.
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:48 am UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Shepherdess wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
spamjam wrote:Image

Is he decrenneling now? At this point I'm going to have to agree with the theory that M&C's plan is to raise the sandsemencoffeecaffinatedbabycancericepixeltoner-castle* to the platform in order to protect it from the rising tide of Time.

I had still been leaning towards the loopist school, thinking that the rising liquid-to-be-determined would wash everything away and then recede. Afterwards, M & C would come down from their platform, dis-assemble it, and then have a sit down on the once-again empty beach (return to TimeFrame 1).
[/size]

And it will all start over?

Loopists predict that the One True Comic will recycle back to its starting point in some way, creating an Endless Loop.

Others believe it will end at some finite, specific, NewPix, perhaps with the long-awaited punchline.

Still others believe that it will continue endlessly with no recurring pattern.

Finally, there are those who predict an End of Time with no specific payoff, either through some form of comic entropy, termination of servers, or the loss of Lord Randall in some fashion.

No one knows for sure. All we can do is Wait for it.

Those who believe it will continue endlessly with no recurring pattern should be drug into the street and shot. There is a finite number of Pixels in a Frame, so there is a finite number of Frames, so there is a finite number of permutations of those Frames, so if the Comic continues endlessly it is in a loop.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:50 am UTC

Crap, it seems to be down again for me. Or at least slow.

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:50 am UTC

See?!

This is what happens when you start screwing around with the Time Whistle!

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

fatness

Postby fatness » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:56 am UTC

It's dead.

We killed it.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:02 am UTC

FWIW2
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:07 am UTC

For those who can't see it:
Attachments
eac71545d957e03a75a2661c86cab64c1f081d825249254d8461bd1d015bd2cf.png
eac71545d957e03a75a2661c86cab64c1f081d825249254d8461bd1d015bd2cf.png (10.59 KiB) Viewed 7013 times
Last edited by boozledorf on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:21 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:11 am UTC

boozledorf wrote:For those who can't see it:

Wait, isn't that frame 603, not 602 as you seem to indicate?
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:16 am UTC

EDIT: Doh! Now that I post this, the site's back up.
Last edited by cmyk on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:17 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:17 am UTC

Great scott! The comic being down would imply that the Maker of the One True Comic and indeed the Comic itself is fallible! We must erase all mention of this from history, that the comic may be ever revered as perfect and unerring!

Edit: Err..a new page? What do you mean the comic is down? I said nothing of the sort...

fatness

Postby fatness » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:19 am UTC

cmyk wrote:EDIT: Doh! Now that I post this, the site's back up.

Wait for it.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:20 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Great scott! The comic being down would imply that the Maker of the One True Comic and indeed the Comic itself is fallible! We must erase all mention of this from history, that the comic may be ever revered as perfect and unerring!

Edit: Err..a new page? What do you mean the comic is down? I said nothing of the sort...

On the contrary. The transmission of the truth of the OTC through fallible human systems in no way impugns the infallibility of the OTC itself.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”