1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

udscbt
Cardinal

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby udscbt » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:47 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:
udscbt wrote:I come from page 293 (I've been absent for about 72 TF) and I've only read this page, so excuse me if I'm missing something while writing this.
About the "if the comic will have an infinite number of frames, it will certainly loop" theory, I have a very simple counterexample. Let's take two different Frames and call them A and B; at one point of Time, Randall could decide to do this: for each n from 1 to ∞, show n consecutive A frames, then n B frames (i.e. ABAABBAAABBBAAAABBBB...). This way the comic will continue indefinitely without ever looping, using only 2 (TWO) Frames. If you want me to demonstrate it isn't a loop, let me know (I haven't done it because I don't want to think about it, anyway it should be obvious that it won't loop).

There is a simpler counter example to my original claim - 2 Frames and the Comic consists of Frame 1 followed by an infinite number of Frame 2. This is not a loop.

However. I have been on a long walk and had a long think and have sent the excavators in to Westminster Abbey to dig up the infinite but no loop infidels. They will be thrown in a ditch and covered in quick lime to encourage the others. And this is why - we have been looking only at the mathematics of permutations but the Comic is driven by a, whatsit, narrative not science and one step demands the next. If the same frame shows up, the same next frame must thereafter appear. With a finite number of possible frames, the Comic will loop.

The same frame can be used more than once in a narration without the need of a loop. Counterexample in the attached image (the 1st and 5th panels are copy-pasted). A non-comic (so we're no more talking about frames) counterexample is Groundhog Day (and stories using the same concept): I don't remember the film and I don't know if the exact same frame is showed, but inside the world of the story every day starts exactly the same way so the same frame could be used.

EDIT: forgot the image
Attachments
counterexample.png
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:59 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
Exodies wrote:
udscbt wrote:I come from page 293 (I've been absent for about 72 TF) and I've only read this page, so excuse me if I'm missing something while writing this.
About the "if the comic will have an infinite number of frames, it will certainly loop" theory, I have a very simple counterexample. Let's take two different Frames and call them A and B; at one point of Time, Randall could decide to do this: for each n from 1 to ∞, show n consecutive A frames, then n B frames (i.e. ABAABBAAABBBAAAABBBB...). This way the comic will continue indefinitely without ever looping, using only 2 (TWO) Frames. If you want me to demonstrate it isn't a loop, let me know (I haven't done it because I don't want to think about it, anyway it should be obvious that it won't loop).

There is a simpler counter example to my original claim - 2 Frames and the Comic consists of Frame 1 followed by an infinite number of Frame 2. This is not a loop.

However. I have been on a long walk and had a long think and have sent the excavators in to Westminster Abbey to dig up the infinite but no loop infidels. They will be thrown in a ditch and covered in quick lime to encourage the others. And this is why - we have been looking only at the mathematics of permutations but the Comic is driven by a, whatsit, narrative not science and one step demands the next. If the same frame shows up, the same next frame must thereafter appear. With a finite number of possible frames, the Comic will loop.

The same frame can be used more than once in a narration without the need of a loop. Counterexample in the attached image (the 1st and 5th panels are copy-pasted). A non-comic (so we're no more talking about frames) counterexample is Groundhog Day (and stories using the same concept): I don't remember the film and I don't know if the exact same frame is showed, but inside the world of the story every day starts exactly the same way so the same frame could be used.

It merely looks like the same frame, but semantically it is a different frame. Similarly with Groundhog Day - when the alarm goes off the second time, you don't think "there's the alarm" like you did the first time, you think "there's the alarm again".
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Davidy

Postby Davidy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:00 pm UTC

davidy22 wrote:
KarMann wrote:
davidy22 wrote:
boozledorf wrote:
davidy22 wrote:So, is there a new animated gif? Primis seems to be down, and I need a single GIF for wiki purposes.

The problem is that any animated gif is going to be several megabytes by the time this comic is completely finished (I'm guessing at least 1000 frames at this point). And it will also be several minutes long, too. At the moment, at 10 frames a second, it would take over a minute to play through the entire thing.

We have 2/3 of the comic so far in an animated gif, and it's currently pegged at half a megabyte and 3 minutes with two frames per second. I'm sure it'll be fine.

OK, ladies, gentlemen, and not-so-gentle or not-so-men, I've put the animated GIF to date up on the Explain XKCD wiki. Have at it!

Yeeeee, thanks! Also, who is this Davidy who's stealing my name?

It is I (me). ((I is he.) Me is he.)
Last edited by Davidy on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:10 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:01 pm UTC

A… a… hat?
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:04 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Exodies wrote:

It merely looks like the same frame, but semantically it is a different frame. Similarly with Groundhog Day - when the alarm goes off the second time, you don't think "there's the alarm" like you did the first time, you think "there's the alarm again".

But there is a finite number of "represantative" frames, not of "semantic" frames, so your initial statement (
Exodies wrote:Those who believe it will continue endlessly with no recurring pattern should be drug into the street and shot. There is a finite number of Pixels in a Frame, so there is a finite number of Frames, so there is a finite number of permutations of those Frames, so if the Comic continues endlessly it is in a loop.

) does not apply.
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:11 pm UTC

Oh my Randall! He's making a sand Black Hat!
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Your Eternal Servant And Companion Through Time,
Dame Not-Bob
Temporal Defender Of The One True Comic

partingLance

Postby partingLance » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:24 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Also, thanks to partingLance for sigging me. I find your location endlessly amusing.

At your service; and thanks. (Of course that gag [sic] is hardly original to me. At least one other person on this board used it before I registered).

I'd forgotten, already, that I registered and posted only after reading through the first 254 pages (to that point) of this thread. Ungraciously, and/or unworthily, I thought of this less as a quest than as a "slog". But then, when I started reading, the Madness was at its peak, and the thread was not easy for an Outsider (as I then was) to read. And it took me some time to realize (a) that various sigs were referring to events I hadn't yet encountered and then (b) the reason for this.
StratPlayer wrote:And at this very moment, someone on the Isle of Wight named Bungalo Bill is listening to the 'splat' made from using their family album to squash a beetle, that had ran, helter-skelter, straight for the wild honey pie made by his dear wife Prudence...

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:26 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Is it possible to be a knight and a cardinal at the same time? Do I really need both titles? I kind of like being a knight. But I guess I'll add the cardinal one, because you can't really say no to an honorary title, can you?

Oh, good to know! I guess I'm really a knight, then.

I journey onward through the past posts in this thread, wishing you all the best of luck.

Indeed you are, Sir/Dame1 BlitzGirl!!! And your fellow members3 salute you with our utmost4!

But if you're concerned about just two titles, I shudder to think of what you will think as Time unfolds in your near future, oh, She-Of-the-Multitudinous-Titularosity5!!!!

1 Titular2 preference to be determined.
2 Heh heh... He said "titular"...
3 Heh... and "members".
4 Provided we don't have to actually do anything.
5 Title pending...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:32 pm UTC

Shepherdess wrote:Yay! I wake up calm and refreshed, and find that the One True Comic has been restored, and with it my clarity.

ChronosDragon wrote:Great scott! The comic being down would imply that the Maker of the One True Comic and indeed the Comic itself is fallible! We must erase all mention of this from history, that the comic may be ever revered as perfect and unerring!

Edit: Err..a new page? What do you mean the comic is down? I said nothing of the sort...

No! We should remember this day, and make it a holy day! The day our faiths were tested, but we Waited it out using Time!

To whomever linked to the gluten-free oatmeal cookies, thanks. My waistline could use some more filling out...

And having been blessed to coma through the missing-comic chaos and confusion, I'm glad my Doing-Nothing again proved to be the best method of defending the One True Comic!
Last edited by StratPlayer on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:34 pm UTC

I am from the past to claim that I have caught up with the future!
Now to take off to the outside to revel in the present.
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:45 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:Except for the last few posts, I've seen relatively little numerical analysis of Time so far. Let me look at some basic stuff.

Spoiler:
Disclaimer: I am a loopist by choice and belief. I believe and hope that Time will eventually loop, though I accept the possibility of some pretty strange loops.

Each frame is 553 by 395 pixels.

Are 553 and 395 significant in themselves? Comic 553 "Pirate Bay" seems random enough, but comic 395 "Morning" has distinctly unsettling overtones for Time.

553=79x7. 395=79x5. Is the number 79 significant? Or the 7:5 aspect ratio? Comic 79 "Iambic Pentameter" is one of the "My Hobby" series, but doesn't seem to relate to Time in any specific way.

Wikipedia informs me that 553 is the sum of nine consecutive primes (43+47+53+59+61+67+71+73+79) and 395 is the sum of five consecutive primes (71+73+79+83+89). Note the reappearance of 79 in each of these sequences.

Least common multiple: 79x7x5=2765.

Of course, there is no comic 2765 yet. That will come in Time.

Could 2765 be the number of planned frames? This has distinct advantages. It allows for a long run of Time, better than three Outside months at the current rate. If Time eventually loops, then even if the update speed changes to every 5 outside minutes (288 updates / day), the comic would still take nearly 10 days to cycle.

If Time loops, 2765 is relatively prime with 24 (and 48), so that someone who visits Time repeatedly over several Loops won't see the same frames at the same Outside time of day year after year. Time would have to Loop 2765 times (!) before a particular frame appeared at the same time of day twice.

2765=0xACD. Nothing leaps to mind there. (There is a user acd on this forum, who has been only lightly active over the years but who posted on a quite elderly thread just a few days ago, but that's probably just one of those bizarre coincidences that happen all the time.)

553+395=12x79=948. 948 is a plausible suggestion for number of planned frames, something more than half again the thus-far-revealed number. But note that 948 is not relatively prime with 24. If Time loops in the future, either with its original or current update speed, any particular frame would always appear at the same few times of day. An unpleasing result.

As noted above, 553x395=218435. Probably not the total number of frames (well over twenty years of updates at the current frame rate).

218435=0x35543. ESSAE (Empire State Society of Association Executives)? Seems unlikely. 35543 as a decimal number is prime (also a ZIP code in Alabama). Nothing there for me.

I haven't thought of a way to pull geographic coordinates out of any of this. Maybe someone else will.

Any other ideas?

(Edit: It's 115 past blackbirds here; gotta coma. Would have long ago but for the server downtime--couldn't sleep wondering if I'd miss a newpix.)

Lot's of numerology that may or may not apply. Interesting theorizing!

But being an engineer* my inclination is: "Let's just fiddle with the numbers, try building something, plugging it in, and then seeing what happens! We can always trouble-shoot if need be."

* EE, by Outsider-reckoning...

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:12 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:
Spoiler:
Exodies wrote:

Spoiler:

What udscbt (and others) have said--that's what I was trying to say with my 1 2 1 2 2 1 2 1 2 2 1 2 2 1... example. That there would be certain rules by which a particular frame might be followed by only a limited set of nextframes, but the overall sequence would never exactly repeat.

I never said it wouldn't get boring loop, just that it might never actually repeat.

On another note: I find it ironic that we did a better job of posting new frames here while the image server was down than we've done since it came back up. I count 3 missed frames since the server revived.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

Shepherdess wrote:
To whomever linked to the gluten-free oatmeal cookies, thanks. My waistline could use some more filling out...

I just popped them out of my NuWave oven. They're a little toasty because I forgot that sometimes cookies solidify when cooling so I kept them in for longer than I should have, but they're still quite good. I used craisins instead of raisins, eliminated the chocolate because I'm apparently allergic, and didn't use any nuts because of lack of supplies. But YUMMY! THANK YOU PERSON!

Edit: Oatmeal cookies count as breakfast, right?
Last edited by Shepherdess on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Dame Not-Bob

lunarul

Postby lunarul » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:51 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:Those who believe it will continue endlessly with no recurring pattern should be drug into the street and shot. There is a finite number of Pixels in a Frame, so there is a finite number of Frames, so there is a finite number of permutations of those Frames, so if the Comic continues endlessly it is in a loop.

with a finite number of frames you only get a finite number of permutations if the length of the permutations is also finite. but there are infinite possible infinite sequences that don't loop. any irrational number is a counter example to your logic (there's a finite number of digits, a finite number of permutations of those digits, and yet any irrational number is an example of a non-looping series of digits).
I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:01 pm UTC

Last edited by spamjam on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:01 pm UTC

Spoiler:

I see crenellation.
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:03 pm UTC

What's the point of these mini towers.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:09 pm UTC

tman2nd wrote:What's the point of these mini towers.

Does the Lord Randall need a point?
Dear Blitzgirl,

Dame Not-Bob

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Wait. Maybe the 'observation deck' is the frame for a huge, huge, central sandcastle that needs nonsand supports to hold it up.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

kryton

Postby kryton » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:29 pm UTC

Shepherdess wrote:

Does the Lord Randall need a point?

Called it, building castles on the railing.
1298 and counting

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:36 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
Spoiler:

I see crenellation.

Me too ... I am at a loss for any new theories. What is he actually piling the sand on top of? To me it looks like a fairly thin rail, and I don't recall seeing a larger "surface" placed there. . . . unless . . . back to the ant farm theory!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:44 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:
Spoiler:

I see crenellation.

Me too ... I am at a loss for any new theories. What is he actually piling the sand on top of? To me it looks like a fairly thin rail, and I don't recall seeing a larger "surface" placed there. . . . unless . . . back to the ant farm theory!

Image 559 from The Book of Aubron:

Don't know that it proves or disproves the ant farm theory, but there are small planks for the sand to be piled on.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:46 pm UTC

No, the points are on the towers of the castle on the left. This one has crenellation, not a point.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:48 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:
Spoiler:

I see crenellation.

The frames where Megan hauled boards were representative, I assume, not intended to be exhaustive. I certainly never saw her haul in a bundle of twenty-odd balusters, yet there they are. So I have assumed that a large shelf extends outward from the railing (or there has never been a railing at all, only a wide shelf).
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:56 pm UTC

He's not making a sandcastle, he's making a sand rook. The platform is a giant chessboard.
Dear Blitzgirl,

Dame Not-Bob

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:00 pm UTC

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:01 pm UTC

Now to the other one.

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:03 pm UTC

Shepherdess wrote:He's not making a sandcastle, he's making a sand rook. The platform is a giant chessboard.

The deck is too large. It will hold more than 8 rows, so no chessboard.
I stand by my guess prediction prophecy, that the platform is the skeleton for...

THE MOTHER OF ALL SANDCASTLES

(Father of all sandcastles is being built on the left side, above the river, and we're in for some hot sandcastle action later this year)
It's about time.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:06 pm UTC

I am befuddled and at a loss at what the Tippy-top towers might portend...

Or, for that matter, WHY so much crennellization? There's nary a mini-archer around to take station at them, so what's the point?

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

And that's the news from Time.
Where the river is small, the sea is big, and all the castle walls are crenellated.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

jaronflick

Postby jaronflick » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:34 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:

Or, for that matter, WHY so much crennellization? There's nary a mini-archer around to take station at them, so what's the point?

But we do have a mini trebuchet....
We wait for it. It does not wait for us.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:42 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:And that's the news from Time.
Where the river is small, the sea is big, and all the castle walls are crenellated.

sigged.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

htom

Postby htom » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:44 pm UTC

jaronflick wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:

But we do have a mini trebuchet....

Maybe they'll open a souvenir stand, selling models of some part of the sand castle?
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:51 pm UTC

kryton wrote:Blitzgirl worry not about being a cardinaled knight. Cardinalship is an honors bestowed, not ordained. A pope can appoint anyone to cardinal, it is only the arch bishops appointed to cardinal that have vows of non competition and voting rights. you can thank me by putting an offering in the plate

And just wait until she reaches page 315 or so and realizes she has much more titles than she ever thought a girl could have.

In unrelated news: Did the search-party for Pope Helper ever turn up? I'm starting to think he isn't taking his pope-ing seriously.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:01 pm UTC

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:01 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:
Spoiler:

I see crenellation.

The frames where Megan hauled boards were representative, I assume, not intended to be exhaustive. I certainly never saw her haul in a bundle of twenty-odd balusters, yet there they are. So I have assumed that a large shelf extends outward from the railing (or there has never been a railing at all, only a wide shelf).

Fair enough ... but it still just does not look very stable to me.

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:05 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:In unrelated news: Did the search-party for Pope Helper ever turn up? I'm starting to think he isn't taking his pope-ing seriously.

Last recorded words, from April 6th, Outsider time:
Helper wrote:I'ma coma. G'night.

Some Ways to Time

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:13 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Valarya wrote:In unrelated news: Did the search-party for Pope Helper ever turn up? I'm starting to think he isn't taking his pope-ing seriously.

Prolly the cancer's got him
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

partingLance

Postby partingLance » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:18 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:
SBN wrote:

Prolly the cancer's got him

Or, possibly, the search party found him and a few depraved followers holed up in some remote mountain/jungle fastness, Kurtz-fashion, performing barbaric rituals and unspeakable cruelties, and decided to throw in their lot with him, going over wholesale to the dark side.

I'm just saying.
StratPlayer wrote:And at this very moment, someone on the Isle of Wight named Bungalo Bill is listening to the 'splat' made from using their family album to squash a beetle, that had ran, helter-skelter, straight for the wild honey pie made by his dear wife Prudence...

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”