1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AUS

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AUS » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:05 am UTC

Chrome, what the helling fuck?
Good exercise: Go to the Time XKCD, right click-> open image in new tab. Back to the xkcd topic with your other tab open, right click copy the image. Then right click open the image in new tab again. WHAHYUWEHTINASIKJS
EDIT: No, I'm just being tricked by javascript. MAYBE

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:07 am UTC

KarMann wrote:And as we know, Summer is the River, after all.
Can a terminator cross a River?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:08 am UTC

AUS wrote:Chrome, what the helling fuck?
Good exercise: Go to the Time XKCD, right click-> open image in new tab. Back to the xkcd topic with your other tab open, right click copy the image. Then right click open the image in new tab again. WHAHYUWEHTINASIKJS
EDIT: No, I'm just being tricked by javascript. MAYBE

It opens to the big link (read: NOT /time) for me every single time. In Chrome. Whether I'm doin it from the actual comic page, or in the thread.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:09 am UTC

Castle Pong. They've rigged swinging paddles (which we currently see end-on) on each pole, to be controlled by the ropes. They'll bat a {trebuchet ball | giant {marshmallow | rhombicosidodecahedron}} back and forth; if someone misses, his castle takes a hit. Whoever's castle gets destroyed first loses. (Or maybe they'll count points.)
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:16 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:Castle Pong. They've rigged swinging paddles (which we currently see end-on) on each pole, to be controlled by the ropes. They'll bat a {trebuchet ball | giant {marshmallow | rhombicosidodecahedron}} back and forth; if someone misses, his castle takes a hit. Whoever's castle gets destroyed first loses. (Or maybe they'll count points.)

That's an awful lot of rebuilding between rounds. Though, so far, Megan and Cueball seem to have a lot of Time on their hands.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:16 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:
cmyk wrote:
tman2nd wrote:I don't think the trebuchet was for hunting.

(neither did I)

My point was that the trebuchet doesn't have to be for hunting for the theory to work.
EDIT: What's going on with my post?
EDIT2: And my sig.
EDIT3: And my avatar and information.

Fun with BBcode, methinks. In the message box where I'm typing this, you have tags all over, and the same thing happened to me earlier when I had the same level of snarl.
EDIT: try cutting out the unnecessary bits of quoted posts, especially when they involve spoilers/size/superscript BBcode. you can quote my post to see what it should look like.
Last edited by HAL9000 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:20 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:19 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:Castle Pong.

Hmm, that rhymes with Gong, and Bong and Dong...
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:19 am UTC

Okay, added a comparison against amount of building being done. The green line is an indication of the amount of sand/building materials accumulating on the left of the water. The blue is the averaged water level of the right most 80 pixels.

(Spoiler: level up to newpix 647 is displayed)
Spoiler:

Doesn't seem to be an obvious correlation. Maybe if someone would like to do a more detailed analysis?
Last edited by Kieryn on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:53 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:26 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:

Hmm, we need a nice long Gong Bong Dong Pong song -- but I've already written my song Time hymn for this thread.

Someone should tell Ed Gedeon over at Skin Horse that his talents are desperately needed here...
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:34 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

Hmm, we need a nice long Gong Bong Dong Pong song -- but I've already written my song Time hymn for this thread.

Someone should tell Ed Gedeon over at Skin Horse that his talents are desperately needed here...

Is a Hong Kong thong wrong?

Mycroft_147

Postby Mycroft_147 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:35 am UTC

This is being posted with a surrealistic fear of being branded a heretic or found guilty of witchcraft! I am no witch. (Not to diminish legitimate pagan worship.)

I think I willen haven-now retrocome from the future.

My time in Time willan forhave pre-consumed more of my time than I will havenbe on-allowed by the universe. This will cause a collapse of all my future probability waveforms and causality. It appears I am now posting for the first time, in Time, long before I was meant to join the forum--yet much later than when I registered! I can only conclude that my reality willion on-have been reduce to a single finitely long point...existing only in Time! The last thing I remember is paying the gas bill.

Or I've gone mad.

Either conclusion is equally likely, and not mutually exclusive.

Three things must happen quickly (and sequentially) on-before what which mayan fore-onhappened to me mayan fore-spreaded to others!

Blitzgirl must complete her trek.

The Whistle of Temporal Harmony must be returned.

Time must end.

Brings new meaning to the question: Why does this always happen to me? :lol:
Last edited by Mycroft_147 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:33 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

elementropy

Postby elementropy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:44 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:Okay, added a comparison against amount of building being done. The green line is an indication of the amount of sand/building materials accumulating on the left of the water. The blue is the averaged water level of the right most 80 pixels.

Doesn't seem to be an obvious correlation. Maybe if someone would like to do a more detailed analysis?

So what about this: Is anyone out there able to combine the two graphs? This wouldn't apply well in places where they are swimming or no one is there, but for those where they're building, it might give us a sense of which frames pass quickly and which pass slowly, relative to one another. We could then use that data, referenced against the water rise, to get a better picture of how it relates to the passage of time. (If I could write algorithms, I'd do the heavy lifting on this theory, but as I don't have the skills/tools to do that kind of analysis, I'm just an idea guy here)

So essentially the y axis is water level and the x axis is total pixels changed. If someone out there is clever, the frames with no characters could be temporarily omitted, an average Δx calculated, and then the omitted frames re-inserted with the average Δx assigned to them.
- quoth Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and
A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast

Tempus fugit quasi sagita; muscas fructibus arieram volunt...

BlitzGirl: welcome to the future!

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:52 am UTC

If they want to raise that middle castle, they're both going to have to pull pretty evenly....
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:59 am UTC

ggh wrote:If they want to raise that middle castle, they're both going to have to pull pretty evenly....

That would be something. I think they are just going to haul up building materials though.

Oh and 100th post! Coma time.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

marchlight

Postby marchlight » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:01 am UTC

Darn, I was hoping we'd get a hint about what they're raising.

xpatiate

Postby xpatiate » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:09 am UTC

They're hoisting a sail in readiness for the incoming tide to lift them (on the raft that they have been invisibly constructing behind the castle)?

Not much wind though... there might be some rowing involved.

htom

Postby htom » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:09 am UTC

Could they be going to lift the center castle?
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:19 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:
ggh wrote:If they want to raise that middle castle, they're both going to have to pull pretty evenly....

That would be something. I think they are just going to haul up building materials though.

Oh and 100th post! Coma time.

Probably, but I had posted the accursed thrice in this thread, so even if I'm wrong, I get to save my soul.
(Actually, my other three posts involved another two silly ideas, so this would be a classic case of three wrongs making a right.)
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

histrion

Postby histrion » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:20 am UTC

htom wrote:Could they be going to lift the center castle?

It's sand, not wood. Even if they'd somehow managed to insert a plank beneath it, I think if they were to succeed in lifting the castle and keeping it intact, we'd know for sure we weren't dealing with ordinary sand.

Of course, I don't believe either M or C has ever used the word "sand." So, ya know.

ETA: Maybe the intention is to lift the center castle, not with any hope of keeping it intact, but merely to get all that sand up there. But we still never saw them put anything under it... did we? :?
histrion, a.k.a. Sir Water of Ten, OKT, Archimandrite of Amicable Apostasy. Cheering on Blitzgirl, just because!

Time is a molecular acid.

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:24 am UTC

histrion wrote:
kryton wrote:the mobile version is m.xkcd.com which has a [alt text] button to tap and reveal the 'secret message'

I imagine this will work better in many ways than the I heart XKCD app. OTOH, the app lets me mark some strips as favorites, so... hmm.

Suggestion: get the XKCD browser app to replace the I heart XKCD app. Not sure what <3 all does, but XKCD browser has it all: alt-text on longpress, favorites, what-if, explain xkcd, and download all/offline browsing (now for the what-ifs, too, as of the last update). The only thing it doesn't do properly is save the last viewed comic, which seems to have a bug of sorts. But otherwise I'm very happy with it.

EDIT: meh, just saw your later post about being on iPhone. In that case I'm not sure. It would depend on if XKCD browser is Android-only... if it is, I can't offer any suggestions.

histrion wrote:Holy cow, what is going on in Boston right now? :shock: :cry:

I don't want to live on this planet anymore. :cry:

cmyk wrote:
fhorn wrote:ARE THERE????????

Spoiler:

All hail cmyk, master of hilarious Photoshops!

tman2nd wrote:EDIT: What's going on with my post?
EDIT2: And my sig.
EDIT3: And my avatar and information.

Something to do with spoiler tags, probably. I already noticed some weirdness with them last time I tried to submit a post off my phone, and was forced to <snip> the entire quote rather than spend the rest of my life chasing the problem.

Edit: because I felt like it, I pulled apart every tag in your post. You mismatched a quote and spoiler -

Code: Select all

[ quote="tman2nd" ]
[ quote="cmyk" ]
[ spoiler ] <----
[ quote="cmyk" ] <----
[ /spoiler ] <---- should be [ /quote ]
[ /quote ] <---- should be [ /spoiler ]
[ /quote ]
[ /quote ]

Apparently this was enough to kill BBCode. I'd say we're quite safe from the Singularity at the moment. :P
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

htom

Postby htom » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:29 am UTC

histrion wrote:

It's sand, not wood. Even if they'd somehow managed to insert a plank beneath it, I think if they were to succeed in lifting the castle and keeping it intact, we'd know for sure we weren't dealing with ordinary sand.

Of course, I don't believe either M or C has ever used the word "sand." So, ya know.

ETA: Maybe the intention is to lift the center castle, not with any hope of keeping it intact, but merely to get all that sand up there. But we still never saw them put anything under it... did we? :?

I was wondering if there was a plank inserted during the Megan high-speed heaping, but I don't see one.

Perhaps my nightly coma will bring messages of explanation. Don't hold your breath. Later!
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:31 am UTC

histrion wrote:

Nvmd... I somehow missed your ETA. My thoughts too.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:37 am UTC

marchlight wrote:http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/8035d32a8d8751e367b906a44caa1e71972a884ba9d76748677613dedea92ea7.png

Darn, I was hoping we'd get a hint about what they're raising.

Remember thou the First Commandment, and keep it wholly: Wait for It.

PhoenixRising wrote:Apparently this was enough to kill BBCode. I'd say we're quite safe from the Singularity at the moment. :P

Mwa-ha-ha, just as I'd pla—I have no idea what you're talking about.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:39 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:Apparently this was enough to kill BBCode. I'd say we're quite safe from the Singularity at the moment. :P

lol. Nobody expects an incomprehensible explanation!

All I meant was that, if BBCode isn't even smart enough to fix improperly nested tags (when said improperly nested tags are right next to each other, no less) and gloriously explodes instead, then we're in no danger of computers becoming sentient anytime soon.
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:43 am UTC

When Cueball made the rooks, he took sand from different places, rather than from just near the base of the ladder, which I, as a lazy person, would have done.
Think there's any significance to that?
Agatha the Awesomeful

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:45 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:
KarMann wrote:

All I meant was that, if BBCode isn't even smart enough to fix improperly nested tags (when said improperly nested tags are right next to each other, no less) and gloriously explodes instead, then we're in no danger of computers becoming sentient anytime soon.

Having worked with BBCode (php-side) in the past I can say that I seriously hope our robot overlords don't run on BBCode. Or PHP for that matter.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:47 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:
KarMann wrote:

Right, exactly as we want you to believe. (It wasn't that kind of "I have no idea"; think more along the lines of non-specific denial.)
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

ZombieLion

Postby ZombieLion » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:49 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:All I meant was that, if BBCode isn't even smart enough to fix improperly nested tags (when said improperly nested tags are right next to each other, no less) and gloriously explodes instead, then we're in no danger of computers becoming sentient anytime soon.

I'm sure they think the same of us. :wink:
blowfishhootie wrote:This community has created a situation in which asking someone if they want semen with their caffeinated drink actually makes sense.

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:50 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
KarMann wrote:

Right, exactly as we want you to believe. (It wasn't that kind of "I have no idea"; think more along the lines of non-specific denial.)

It's all good. I already know I'm the only real person in here anyway. *looks around at so many many bots* All those idle CPU cycles while you guys wait for it... could've solved all the problems of the world by now. Ah well...

EDIT:
ZombieLion wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:All I meant was that, if BBCode isn't even smart enough to fix improperly nested tags (when said improperly nested tags are right next to each other, no less) and gloriously explodes instead, then we're in no danger of computers becoming sentient anytime soon.

I'm sure they think the same of us. :wink:

Touche. You win an internet for that.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past..... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:55 am UTC

Quest progress: 275 out of 336 pages.
The Tasting. NP 484.

Amid the boxes of Schrödinger's bobcat and PAIN, creativity blooms. There are some glorious Time fanarts done by jdc showing both Cueball and a terrifying dinosaur. Much of the recent past-discussion has concerned hourglasses, and after seeing KarMann's "Klein hourglass" depiction, I finally figured out what this is supposed to be:
Spoiler:
ChronosDragon wrote:Image

I keep Waiting for the grains of sandcoffee to tumble within the GIF, but they never do. It is an hourglass stuck in Time, spinning endlessly in circles. I hope that it isn't an apt metaphor for my Quest. Crossing a signature like this does not help my morale:
Flado wrote:Keep calm and wait for it.
Blitzgirl, give up.

Forsake my Quest? Never! I shall Quest to the end of Time if I have to (and probably beyond that, as more posts will subsequently be added to the thread of Time).
Further communications:
Spoiler:
kryton wrote:Go BlitzGirl, Youuu Caaan Dooo Eeet

Thank you! That's more like it!

Angelastic wrote:Go BlitzGirl, go!

You got a reason to live.

Can't forget you only get what you give...

histrion wrote:Image

What a beauteous avatar!

edo wrote:Ancient Text ג:A voice cries out from the needle-pulled thing, “MAKE STRAIGHT THE PATH FOR THE ONE WHO IS TO COME; MAKE YOUR QUOTES WELL TRIMMED AND YOUR POSTS BE CONCISE; FOR CERTAINLY IT BE FUNNY WHEN THE QUOTES BE DEEP; BUT HER TASK IS HARD ENOUGH ALREADY, SO PLEASE, NO MORE BIG ASS POSTS.”

I can't help but think this Ancient Text would be more helpful to a traveler like myself if posted in the Now, rather than in the early 100s. Regardless, I would like to avoid ass-posts whenever possible, please.

KarMann wrote:Long live the fighters of BlitzGirl!

Fighters! How exciting! Long live whoever they they are, indeed. :D

Valarya wrote:Blitzgirl: You think 3 titles are bad... just you Wait for It.

Uh oh. I really don't need more than three titles! I really don't need any titles! But it's probably too late for it now, because while you're warning me of my future, for you it must have happened in the past of Time by now.

tman2nd wrote:Brace yourself Blitzgirl. Things are going to get insane for you.

...going to get?

Also exciting: I passed a signpost by a fellow traveller through the thread of Time!
Spoiler:
Vytron wrote:I've caught up to page 120!

KuwabatakeSanjuro wrote:The creepiest part is seeing this in Lucia's signature before getting caught up to the actual post. Or was the statement repeated? It's like seeing glimpses into the future.

I know! Right?

Yes, catching up to the context of some of these quotes has been fantastic. I specially liked patzer's

TheMulattoMaker wrote:Wow...

...when I stumbled out of bed this morning, I had no idea I'd accidently a meme, let alone inadvertently a religion. :shock:

As I was reading that before even finding out about the comic itself. So it was awesome finding the source of the quote, and its context, in real time :)

That's something only someone that reads everything can appreciate. So, to all the people that skipped pages in order to catch up: Shame, shame on you! A wiki page has been advertized that gives a "summary" of all the pages in the thread, I'll really doubt it's the same experience, though I'll probably never know, since I'll read the wiki after catching up with the thread, and it's still outpacing me by a significant factor.

Feel free to leave me a time capsule by replying to this message, I'll read it once I catch up with page 274 ("current page") which should be about 2 weeks from now (which would make the "current page"... I don't know which one, let me check...)

TRIPLE NINJA'ED: Wow! And to think I won't read these three messages until a much later time! This is a new way of interacting with forums for me.

It is comforting to know that there are others who have wandered the thread of Time in its past. It is not such a lonely journey, after all!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:58 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:
cmyk wrote:
tman2nd wrote:I don't think the trebuchet was for hunting.

(neither did I)

My point was that the trebuchet doesn't have to be for hunting for the theory to work.

FIFM. :D
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

boozledorf

Postby boozledorf » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:00 am UTC

Mikeski

Postby Mikeski » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:01 am UTC

histrion wrote:[...] we'd know for sure we weren't dealing with ordinary sand.
Considering that the tiny dike isn't porous, and the sand under it isn't porous (i.e. there's no water left of the dike, like there should be), we already know we aren't dealing with ordinary sand.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:05 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 275 out of 336 pages.
The Tasting. NP 484.

Amid the boxes of Schrödinger's bobcat and PAIN, creativity blooms. There are some glorious Time fanarts done by jdc showing both Cueball and a terrifying dinosaur. Much of the recent past-discussion has concerned hourglasses, and after seeing KarMann's "Klein hourglass" depiction, I finally figured out what this is supposed to be:
<snip>

Just so I don't get any undue credit, I didn't do any renderings of Klein-anything; I just brought the idea up.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:07 am UTC

boozledorf wrote:Image

Latent22 wrote:PLANK!

No, don't you see? Its a gun turret - they're making a TANK!

Edit: added Newpic because of Newpage
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order
Purveyor of Pepsi, the One True Beverage
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:09 am UTC

What should be happening
Attachments
lift.png
lift.png (11.04 KiB) Viewed 7617 times

vvn

Postby vvn » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:10 am UTC

ggh wrote:When Cueball made the rooks, he took sand from different places, rather than from just near the base of the ladder, which I, as a lazy person, would have done.

Not only that, he took sand from the right for the left rook, and the left for the right rook. And, wet sand only for the right rook.... (feeling over analyzation symptoms)
Last edited by vvn on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:18 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:13 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:

Latent22 wrote:What should be happening

This should be happening: Castle Pang!

Spoiler:
Ch*rp

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:16 am UTC

vvn wrote:
ggh wrote:When Cueball made the rooks, he took sand from different places, rather than from just near the base of the ladder, which I, as a lazy person, would have done.

Not only that, he took sand from the right for the left rook, and the right for the left rook. And, wet sand only for the right rook.... (feeling over analyzation symptoms)

I believe you meant "sand from the right for the left rook, and the left for the right rook."

Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”