1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Caswallon

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Caswallon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:18 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 275 out of 336 pages.
The Tasting. NP 484.

Amid the boxes of Schrödinger's bobcat and PAIN, creativity blooms. There are some glorious Time fanarts done by jdc showing both Cueball and a terrifying dinosaur. Much of the recent past-discussion has concerned hourglasses, and after seeing KarMann's "Klein hourglass" depiction, I finally figured out what this is supposed to be:
<snip>

Just so I don't get any undue credit, I didn't do any renderings of Klein-anything; I just brought the idea up.

Nope, we are already blaming you ;-)

Although, now with the construction, and strange behavior, my assumption is they are actually on a space station, such as RAMA
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

vvn

Postby vvn » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:18 am UTC

StormAngel wrote:I believe you meant "sand from the right for the left rook, and the left for the right rook."

Exactly what I said. (In the editable-past universe we live in.)

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:25 am UTC

vvn wrote:
StormAngel wrote:I believe you meant "sand from the right for the left rook, and the left for the right rook."

Exactly what I said. (In the editable-past universe we live in.)

Yes, of course. But we need to keep a record of alternate timelines for BlitzGirl :)
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order
Purveyor of Pepsi, the One True Beverage
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:26 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:What should be happening
For a brief moment I thought that actually was happening. I was a little disappoint when I realised it wasn't.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:28 am UTC

The Tasting. NP 484.

Forsake my Quest? Never! I shall Quest to the end of Time if I have to (and probably beyond that, as more posts will subsequently be added to the thread of Time).

Spoken like a true Knight Temporal.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:30 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Latent22 wrote:What should be happening
For a brief moment I thought that actually was happening. I was a little disappoint when I realised it wasn't.

Yeah it was a bit mean of Randall to make the angle of the plank the same as the top of the miniature castle! Just to fool us. But maybe it has to be like that because Megan is so much stronger than Cueball

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:32 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
The Tasting. NP 484.

Forsake my Quest? Never! I shall Quest to the end of Time if I have to (and probably beyond that, as more posts will subsequently be added to the thread of Time).

Spoken like a true Knight Temporal.
Or a true Temporal Illuminati, if they existed, which they don't *wink*
What, why am I winking? I have something in my eye. :wink:
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:39 am UTC

Caswallon wrote:
KarMann wrote:
The Tasting. NP 484.

Amid the boxes of Schrödinger's bobcat and PAIN, creativity blooms. There are some glorious Time fanarts done by jdc showing both Cueball and a terrifying dinosaur. Much of the recent past-discussion has concerned hourglasses, and after seeing KarMann's "Klein hourglass" depiction, I finally figured out what this is supposed to be:
<snip>

Just so I don't get any undue credit, I didn't do any renderings of Klein-anything; I just brought the idea up.

Although, now with the construction, and strange behavior, my assumption is they are actually on a space station, such as RAMA

It's been a long time since I read that, but I definitely remember spider-like critters. Were they, by any chance, red?

Added: That might have been from one of the sequels, too, but I'm inclined to think they were in the first.
Last edited by KarMann on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:42 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

vvn

Postby vvn » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:41 am UTC

StormAngel wrote:Yes, of course. But we need to keep a record of alternate timelines for BlitzGirl :)

Yes, of course. All hail Blitzgirl.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:45 am UTC

vvn wrote:
StormAngel wrote:Yes, of course. But we need to keep a record of alternate timelines for BlitzGirl :)

Hallowed are the Ori!

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:45 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
Caswallon wrote:
KarMann wrote:
The Tasting. NP 484.

<snip>

It's been a long time since I read that, but I definitely remember spider-like critters. Were they, by any chance, red?

Added: That might have been from one of the sequels, too, but I'm inclined to think they were in the first.

It was from the sequels, and I think they were some sort of squid/octopus/spider things and communicated through color. So they could be red if they wanted to.

Valiant Cookie

Postby Valiant Cookie » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:49 am UTC

Whatever happened to the theory that it was all snow instead of sand? It would explain the deteriorating dike as the water next to it would melt it much quicker.

Sure Cueball and Megan would have to be crazy to go swimming in water right next to snow, but perhaps they were just being adventurous, and the temperature was the reason they swam for so few newpix. It would also lend itself to the idea that global warming is behind the rise of the liquid, snow/ice melt from elsewhere around the liquid would increase the level much more quickly then rain.
Is it time? Yes.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:09 am UTC

StormAngel wrote:No, don't you see? Its a gun turret - they're making a TANK!

Here is your Tank
Attachments
tank.png
tank.png (10.94 KiB) Viewed 7965 times
Last edited by Latent22 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:10 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:10 am UTC

Kazza3

Postby Kazza3 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:12 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
vvn wrote:

Hallowed are the Ori!

Hallowed is the Orici.

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:19 am UTC

Considering that this is an antfarm universe any river, from up the hills or anywhere, would have to flow through the frame to reach the sea (if what is to the right actually is The Sea). I wonder why they aren't more concerned about it.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:22 am UTC

ggh wrote:When Cueball made the rooks, he took sand from different places, rather than from just near the base of the ladder, which I, as a lazy person, would have done.
Think there's any significance to that?

Yes. It signifies that you are an ideal person to uphold the commandment "wait for it".
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:23 am UTC

Kazza3 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
vvn wrote:

Hallowed are the Ori!

Hallowed is the Orici.

The River is Small, this pic is too big to post.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:25 am UTC

Sciscitor wrote:Considering that this is an antfarm universe any river, from up the hills or anywhere, would have to flow through the frame to reach the sea (if what is to the right actually is The Sea). I wonder why they aren't more concerned about it.

"Pardon me," said Milo to the first man who happened by; "can you tell me where I am?"

"To be sure," said Canby; "you're on the Island of Conclusions. Make yourself at home. You're apt to be here for some time."

"But how did we get here?" asked Milo, who was still a bit puzzled by being there at all.

"You jumped, of course,"

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:33 am UTC

Leader: It rains in the hills where the river comes from, right?
People: Sure.
Leader: Are there other rivers?
People: I don't know.

What could he mean by "other"?
THE river which comes from the hills is made unacceptable because it is rained upon. So he hopes for a different river. He wants information about what else is possible because the things he knows about are not suitable to fulfil his desires.
He wants to know if there are rivers which aren't rained on.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past..... Schizoblitz: 100/2586 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:37 am UTC

Quest progress: 281 out of 337 pages.
The Scaffolding Continued. NP 495.

Hope! In the past few newpages, two separate people have returned from journeys through the thread of Time, rereading newpages-that-were and posting when they at last came to the Now of the thread. It is possible! Meanwhile, the Scaffolding is just in its infant stages. Conversation has moved to other topics, including monologue vs. dialogue, shooting people from cannons, and an awful lot about Knights and their Watchity Watches. I am witnessing the origins of knighthood within the thread of Time, and am awed by it.

Further sigcouragement:
Spoiler:
RobIrr wrote:BlitzGirl, you are my inspiration!
PhoenixRising wrote:C'mon Blitzgirl, you got this!!

Thank you both!

Caswallon wrote:Spoiler for Blitzgirl!
Spoiler:
The future is just around the next page!

Quite true! Every newpage I cross is the future of newpages past. Even if it happens to be in the past of the newpages of Now.

I also seem to have stumbled across the origin of sigcouragement:
Spoiler:
macraw83 wrote:
RobIrr wrote:It crossed my mind that signatures could be considered a form of time travel; at least in the view of those such as Blitzgirl and Vytron (who already touched upon this) and those others still on the quest to catch up on the thread. They get fascinating glimpses of the future as-it-is-to-them when they read our old posts but see the new sigs...

We could even send them messages... crumbs...

"Beware The Poles" !

Hmm... What if we added one of their time capsule messages to our sigs? Would that technically be them looking into their own future, or their past?

And on that note, what if we quoted them on something they might eventually say? They might have to say it eventually just to fulfill the prophecy (assuming that's what it even is).

Please don't make me say prophecies - the titles are more than enough!

In this era of the thread of Time, my Quest became better known, and even came up in conversation:
Spoiler:
partingLance wrote:
Exodies wrote:Knights in white semencafeinbabycancer

Maybe BlitzGirl can confirm when she toils this far, but I believe that's the first Moody Blues reference in this thread. (I did a similar forced march before registering, but skimmed through quote cascades, and could have overlooked something).

My journey is quite long. It's hard to remember all the history of Time. But I believe so, too.

Exodies wrote:
Dracomax wrote:<snip>
Ha hahaha
Could you go easy on the facts - every fact you record in the forum has to be checked by BlitzGirl, the Official Reader. Every youtube link watched, every gif studied, every arcane linguistic obsessive page ingested, every analogous TV series couch-potatoed through, all maths formulas tested on Mathematica, syntax diagrams of ancient programming languages analysed, ...

She is reading it properly isn't she?

I don't know about reading it properly, but I am reading it all. Isn't that enough?
Speaking of which, it is Time for me to keep traversing the thread of Time. I have newpages to go before I coma.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

elementropy

Postby elementropy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:Considering that this is an antfarm universe any river, from up the hills or anywhere, would have to flow through the frame to reach the sea (if what is to the right actually is The Sea). I wonder why they aren't more concerned about it.

"Pardon me," said Milo to the first man who happened by; "can you tell me where I am?"

"To be sure," said Canby; "you're on the Island of Conclusions. Make yourself at home. You're apt to be here for some time."

"But how did we get here?" asked Milo, who was still a bit puzzled by being there at all.

"You jumped, of course,"

Leader: That is the worst idea I've ever heard in my life, Tom.
People: Yes, this is horrible, this idea.
- quoth Elementropy, Time Bandit, TimeWaiter Liturgist, Oxford Comma, and
A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast

Tempus fugit quasi sagita; muscas fructibus arieram volunt...

BlitzGirl: welcome to the future!

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:49 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:The Trebuchet may have been also built as a weapon for defense and to hunt for food.

Defence I get, but trebuchet-hunting is a new concept. Are they hunting castles only, or also smaller fortifications?
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:50 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 281 out of 337 pages.
The Scaffolding Continued. NP 495.
Spoiler:
Hope! In the past few newpages, two separate people have returned from journeys through the thread of Time, rereading newpages-that-were and posting when they at last came to the Now of the thread. It is possible! Meanwhile, the Scaffolding is just in its infant stages. Conversation has moved to other topics, including monologue vs. dialogue, shooting people from cannons, and an awful lot about Knights and their Watchity Watches. I am witnessing the origins of knighthood within the thread of Time, and am awed by it.

Further sigcouragement:
RobIrr wrote:BlitzGirl, you are my inspiration!
PhoenixRising wrote:C'mon Blitzgirl, you got this!!

Thank you both!

Caswallon wrote:Spoiler for Blitzgirl!
Spoiler:
The future is just around the next page!

Quite true! Every newpage I cross is the future of newpages past. Even if it happens to be in the past of the newpages of Now.
I also seem to have stumbled across the origin of sigcouragement:
macraw83 wrote:
RobIrr wrote:It crossed my mind that signatures could be considered a form of time travel; at least in the view of those such as Blitzgirl and Vytron (who already touched upon this) and those others still on the quest to catch up on the thread. They get fascinating glimpses of the future as-it-is-to-them when they read our old posts but see the new sigs...

We could even send them messages... crumbs...

"Beware The Poles" !

Hmm... What if we added one of their time capsule messages to our sigs? Would that technically be them looking into their own future, or their past?

And on that note, what if we quoted them on something they might eventually say? They might have to say it eventually just to fulfill the prophecy (assuming that's what it even is).

Please don't make me say prophecies - the titles are more than enough!
In this era of the thread of Time, my Quest became better known, and even came up in conversation:
partingLance wrote:
Exodies wrote:Knights in white semencafeinbabycancer

Maybe BlitzGirl can confirm when she toils this far, but I believe that's the first Moody Blues reference in this thread. (I did a similar forced march before registering, but skimmed through quote cascades, and could have overlooked something).

My journey is quite long. It's hard to remember all the history of Time. But I believe so, too.

Exodies wrote:
Dracomax wrote:<snip>
Ha hahaha
Could you go easy on the facts - every fact you record in the forum has to be checked by BlitzGirl, the Official Reader. Every youtube link watched, every gif studied, every arcane linguistic obsessive page ingested, every analogous TV series couch-potatoed through, all maths formulas tested on Mathematica, syntax diagrams of ancient programming languages analysed, ...

She is reading it properly isn't she?

I don't know about reading it properly, but I am reading it all. Isn't that enough? Speaking of which, it is Time for me to keep traversing the thread of Time. I have newpages to go before I coma.

I have enjoyed using Blitzgirls' post a sort of running history of the near past, And now we have a sort of causality loop where our present, is affecting the past, which is Blitzgirls present, where she sends messages to her future, our present, which affects us.....

So, when do we get a paradox that collapses the singularity and all of time?

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:51 am UTC

Well i've just updated the Book of Time and it now has 650 filled out pages. Only problem is that 95% of them have nothing but a blank page so far. However since I scripted one mega edit that added 500 pages in one go I've now killed the wikia history view!!!! so you can't see previous edit history before my mega edit. Oops. :oops:

Edit: Crap. wikia lets you only see the last 500 edits by default and my mega edit was 498 changes on its own...

elementropy

Postby elementropy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:56 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:<snip>Speaking of which, it is Time for me to keep traversing the thread of Time. I have newpages to go before I coma.

With apologies to Robert Frost:
Spoiler:
"Stopping by Fora on a Caffeinatedcancerbaby Evening"

Whose fora these are I think I know.
His work is on the comic though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his frames fill up with snow(/sand/cancerbabycoffeeetcetera).

My little browser must think it queer
To stop without a lastpage near
Between the sea and unknown lake(I mean, river)
The tallest pixels yet to appear.

It gives its "loading" icon a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of pixel'd sand-slash-downy flake.

The fora are quirky, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And newpages to go before I coma,
And newpages to go before I coma.
Last edited by elementropy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:10 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
A Greek Omelette with Fries and Tomato Juice, Hold-the-toast-please in the Order of Breakfast

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:00 am UTC

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:02 am UTC

Flado wrote:
Latent22 wrote:The Trebuchet may have been also built as a weapon for defense and to hunt for food.

Defence I get, but trebuchet-hunting is a new concept. Are they hunting castles only, or also smaller fortifications?

Well I think that you would be a bloody legend if you could take down a moving animal with a trebuchet! And the bonus is the Animal won't know what hit em. They will just think the sky's falling on them.

ie:
Bunny nibbling on grass
Bunny hears a distant Thwack noise and raises one ear
Bunny goes back to nibbling
Bunny scratches ear
*SPLAT*
Last edited by Latent22 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:05 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:04 am UTC

It's a wide N!

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:06 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:It's a wide N!

N for Knight! oh wait...

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:06 am UTC

elementropy wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:<snip>Speaking of which, it is Time for me to keep traversing the thread of Time. I have newpages to go before I coma.

Spoiler:

Yay, somebody else picked up the reference too! Wasn't sure if it was the sleep deprivation or an actual reference I saw. XD Well written.
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

elementropy

Postby elementropy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:18 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:
elementropy wrote:

<snip>

Yay, somebody else picked up the reference too! Wasn't sure if it was the sleep deprivation or an actual reference I saw. XD Well written.

Thank you, PR. And speaking of sleep deprivation, I must coma, myself.

Tometheus

Postby Tometheus » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:20 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:

"You jumped, of course,"

Just as long as you don't run into Cacophonous A Discord. I'm sure he'd love to get the sound of a sandcastle being smashed by fallen scaffolding and we wouldn't want that.
Last edited by Tometheus on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:37 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:35 am UTC

Flado wrote:

Actually, "defen[cs]e" is one of those words that can go either way, but is mostly spelled one way in the U.S., a different way just about everywhere else. "Defense" is the American one.

Added:
Caswallon wrote:I have enjoyed using Blitzgirls' post a sort of running history of the near past, And now we have a sort of causality loop where our present, is affecting the past, which is Blitzgirls present, where she sends messages to her future, our present, which affects us.....

So, when do we get a paradox that collapses the singularity and all of time?

"When will then be now?"
"Soon!"
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:41 am UTC

KarMann wrote:Actually, "defen[cs]e" is one of those words that can go either way, but is mostly spelled one way in the U.S., a different way just about everywhere else.
Actually, it's spelled one way just about everywhere, and mostly spelled a different way in the U.S. :P

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:00 am UTC

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:11 am UTC

The N rises.

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:35 am UTC

KarMann wrote:"When will then be now?"
"Soon!"

My favorite part of the movie!

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:39 am UTC

'"I call all times soon." - Aslan' - C.S. Lewis

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past..... Schizoblitz: 100/2586 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:58 am UTC

Quest progress: 283 out of 338 pages.
The Scaffolding Continued. NP 504.

The thread of Time repeats itself, quite literally:
Spoiler:
Caswallon wrote:((Watch Watch) (Watch Watch) (watch)) watch ((Watch Watch) watch)

Dracomax wrote:"watch watch watch watch watch" doesn't work as well as a sentence as "Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."

veryslightlygeeky wrote:Bill where John had had had had had had had had had the teachers approval

RobIrr wrote: Also ... the Door's door lock's locked.

Elmach wrote:I think the sentence ""Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put a hyphen between the words Fish and And and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Fish, and between Fish and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and Chips, as well as after Chips?" would become much clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Fish, and after Fish and before the comma, and between between and Fish, and Fish and and, and and and and, and and and the comma, and the and two after and and after that and, and the And and the comma, and the other And and the following and, and the and two after and the comma, and the and two after the comma and the and after that, and the next And and the following comma, and the next and and the And, and before the and two after, and a bunch of other and's I am too lazy to talk about.

I'm vaguely disappointed that nobody attempted this with the word Time. I would, but I haven't any to waste. I have newpages to go...speaking of which, I just encountered this on page 283, which is what bade me send another message forward in time so soon after my last:

Spoiler:
elementropy wrote:Temporal-flux Edit:
Blitzgirl: thought you'd enjoy this:

elementropy wrote:

Bravo, bravo! The original is one of my favorite poems, and this adaptation so aptly fits my quest that I would sig it if I had the room. But apparently I need to reserve space for future titles. :?
So in return, I offer this, with further apologies to Robert Frost:

The Time Less Traveled

Two Times diverged in a forum thread:
The Now, and newpages long since made.
But which to wander? In my head
Current posting, the past unread,
Meant I would not be long delayed.

But lack context? I wouldn't dare -
So back into the past I went.
The One True Comic waited there
With newpix left by users fair
And discussions of religious bent.