1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Flotter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Flotter » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:00 am UTC

B/G/DONG:

And thanks for the update, BlitzGirl. You're catching up quite nicely, keep up the good work!

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:06 am UTC

Flotter wrote:B/G/DONG:
And thanks for the update, BlitzGirl. You're catching up quite nicely, keep up the good work!

And soon she will be in the present, but how are we going to keep track of the passage of past time?
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:32 am UTC

Update on BlitzGirl's progress
Attachments
BlitzGirl Progress.png
BlitzGirl Progress.png (10.65 KiB) Viewed 9553 times

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:36 am UTC

BlitzGirl, you are fabulous. If the destination of this comic turns out to be lame, the journey for me will still have been worthwhile because of you. I hadn't directed any encouragement toward you thus far, because I am a bit awkward and feel like an outsider here, but your poem is so beautifully done I couldn't not say anything. Good on ya for the whole lot.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:39 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:Update on BlitzGirl's progress

Using the analytical techniques from Comic #605, I expect BlitzGirl will be all caught up in about 12 NewPices or so. Q.E.D., bitches.

Edited for heresy.
Last edited by KarMann on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:50 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

silent_death

Postby silent_death » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:43 am UTC

Very good! I had hoped someone kept track properly...looking at this I would estimate that Blitzgirl arrives here on about Page 360 or so if the current rate of posting stays the same (by my estimation it is declining at a very slow rate, but I don´t have any data to back this)
- former Expecto Space Bishop Temporas of the Church of Eastern unorthodox Timewaiters

XonqNopp

Postby XonqNopp » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:50 am UTC

Booh, excel graph :evil: And also: label your axes!!!

EDIT: I'm a Ninja!
Last edited by XonqNopp on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:27 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
RandallsWhimsyist - WWRD (What Would Randall Draw

Wait well, all of you blitzers!

I guess that it will be the End of Time. Wait for it.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:53 am UTC

silent_death wrote:

Very good! I had hoped someone kept track properly...looking at this I would estimate that Blitzgirl arrives here on about Page 360 or so if the current rate of posting stays the same (by my estimation it is declining at a very slow rate, but I don´t have any data to back this)

Ack. We know what Randall thinks of people who don't label their axes. I took the horizontal axis to be NewPices, but you're right, it must be NewPages. I still hold that she'll catch up in 10-12, though, rather than the 20 you seem to expect.

Added: What XonqNopp said.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Magdiragdag

Postby Magdiragdag » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:00 am UTC

I wait for it, therefore I am.

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:08 am UTC

Methinks the percentage isn't as interesting as the number of pages BlitzGirl still has to read. The percentage read could go up, but if the number of to be read pages doesn't drop, she's in trouble.
It's not looking too good at the moment... The last few updates are: 66, 65, 58, 59, 61 pages to be read.
Edit: actually, I missed the latest couple of updates: 56, 50 pages to be read. That's better!
Go, BlitzGirl!
Last edited by mscha on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:14 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:12 am UTC

Could somebody please explain the etymology of "semencancerbaby1"? I briefly considered researching it myself, but I'm afraid I'd get sucked in like BlitzGirl, that poor child. Please?
Also, am I the only one who feels the urge to add "uh huh, uh huh" each time xe reads that word? Am I too old?

1 and how it is spelled in the US
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:26 am UTC

Caswallon wrote:Although, now with the construction, and strange behavior, my assumption is they are actually on a space station, such as RAMA

They might even be on a spaceship with not just a beach, but also ... dinosaurs!
Spoiler:
doas.jpg
Last edited by mscha on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:30 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

silent_death

Postby silent_death » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:27 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
silent_death wrote:

Ack. We know what Randall thinks of people who don't label their axes. I took the horizontal axis to be NewPices, but you're right, it must be NewPages. I still hold that she'll catch up in 10-12, though, rather than the 20 you seem to expect.

Added: What XonqNopp said.

Well yeah, the not-labeling of the axis is sub-optimal, but didn´t want to complain about something I didn´t do :D

The 20 was just based upon the general trajectory of the curve, which i just guessed. Probably your 10-12 are closer to reality as Blitzgirl will probly make a giant sprint at the last 10-20 pages when she starts seeing the finishing line.
- former Expecto Space Bishop Temporas of the Church of Eastern unorthodox Timewaiters

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:29 am UTC

Flado wrote:Could somebody please explain the etymology of "semencancerbaby1"? I briefly considered researching it myself, but I'm afraid I'd get sucked in like BlitzGirl, that poor child. Please?
Also, am I the only one who feels the urge to add "uh huh, uh huh" each time xe reads that word? Am I too old?

Just to address the footnote, in the U.S., it's "seamencancerbabby".

Added to avert double-post:
mscha wrote:
Caswallon wrote:Although, now with the construction, and strange behavior, my assumption is they are actually on a space station, such as RAMA

They might even be on a spaceship with not just a beach, but also ... dinosaurs!
Spoiler:
doas.jpg

Was I the only one disappointed upon seeing the title of that episode, and realizing there was just no way they were going to ever have the Doctor say "I have had it with these motherfucking dinosaurs on this motherfucking spaceship!"?
Added2: Now if it had been Torchwood, that would have been a completely different story, of course. I would've almost expected it there.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:44 am UTC

Flado wrote:Could somebody please explain the etymology of "semencancerbaby1"? I briefly considered researching it myself, but I'm afraid I'd get sucked in like BlitzGirl, that poor child. Please?

jtomjack wrote:So what did she get in her mouth, Salt water, sand, or semen? Or bacon?

This quote is probably where it first started but it was added to over time. When Megan goes swimming and spits some liquid out there was much speculation as to what it could be.

Tophe wrote:Ah, but where do you stand on java/lava/bacon/semencancercaffeinebabies?

And here is where it got combined first I think.

So its all based on trying to work out what the liquid in the comic is. The same term then got used for the 'sand' as well sometimes. Its now just a big running joke.

Edit: you can easily do your own searches using the search box in the top left. type in a whole word or you can add *'s before and after if you want to include words that include a smaller term like semen.
eg http://forums.xkcd.com/search.php?keywords=*semen*&t=101043&sf=msgonly will find all posts with the word semen in them.

You often have to do more than one search to follow the trail of how things developed

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:00 am UTC

Bye, Megan. :cry:
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

iisjreg

Re: 1190: "Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby iisjreg » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:27 am UTC

My Favourite:

Tophe wrote:
GirlPhoenix85 wrote:Baby trebuchet!

Perfect for launching semencancercaffeinebabies! :D

20 (extremely retrospective) NewPoints for you!

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:28 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
StormAngel wrote:No, don't you see? Its a gun turret - they're making a TANK!

Here is your Tank

I thank you, Latent22, for such a generous gift; I humbly and gratefully accept it and shall expediently add it to my collection* 8-)
In return, I grant you a NewInternet.

Spoiler:
* most of my other tanks only hold water, like this one
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order
Purveyor of Pepsi, the One True Beverage
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

histrion

Postby histrion » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:36 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:The Time Less Traveled

Two Times diverged in a forum thread:
The Now, and newpages long since made.
But which to wander? In my head
Current posting, the past unread,
Meant I would not be long delayed.

But lack context? I wouldn't dare -
So back into the past I went.
The One True Comic waited there
With newpix left by users fair
And discussions of religious bent.

Both Times that day appeared as just.
I chose the posts that had amassed.
And in Time, I knew I surely must
Re-glimpse the Now that was discussed,
Although by then it would be Past.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere newpix and newpix hence:
Two Times diverged in a thread and I —
I chose the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

That. Is. AWESOME.
histrion, a.k.a. Sir Water of Ten, OKT, Archimandrite of Amicable Apostasy. Cheering on Blitzgirl, just because!

Time is a molecular acid.

42guests

Postby 42guests » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:50 am UTC

Caswallon wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 281 out of 337 pages.
The Scaffolding Continued. NP 495.
Spoiler:
Hope! In the past few newpages, two separate people have returned from journeys through the thread of Time, rereading newpages-that-were and posting when they at last came to the Now of the thread. It is possible! Meanwhile, the Scaffolding is just in its infant stages. Conversation has moved to other topics, including monologue vs. dialogue, shooting people from cannons, and an awful lot about Knights and their Watchity Watches. I am witnessing the origins of knighthood within the thread of Time, and am awed by it.

Further sigcouragement:
RobIrr wrote:BlitzGirl, you are my inspiration!
PhoenixRising wrote:C'mon Blitzgirl, you got this!!

Thank you both!

Caswallon wrote:Spoiler for Blitzgirl!
Spoiler:
The future is just around the next page!

Quite true! Every newpage I cross is the future of newpages past. Even if it happens to be in the past of the newpages of Now.
I also seem to have stumbled across the origin of sigcouragement:
macraw83 wrote:
RobIrr wrote:It crossed my mind that signatures could be considered a form of time travel; at least in the view of those such as Blitzgirl and Vytron (who already touched upon this) and those others still on the quest to catch up on the thread. They get fascinating glimpses of the future as-it-is-to-them when they read our old posts but see the new sigs...

We could even send them messages... crumbs...

"Beware The Poles" !

Hmm... What if we added one of their time capsule messages to our sigs? Would that technically be them looking into their own future, or their past?

And on that note, what if we quoted them on something they might eventually say? They might have to say it eventually just to fulfill the prophecy (assuming that's what it even is).

Please don't make me say prophecies - the titles are more than enough!
In this era of the thread of Time, my Quest became better known, and even came up in conversation:
partingLance wrote:
Exodies wrote:Knights in white semencafeinbabycancer

Maybe BlitzGirl can confirm when she toils this far, but I believe that's the first Moody Blues reference in this thread. (I did a similar forced march before registering, but skimmed through quote cascades, and could have overlooked something).

My journey is quite long. It's hard to remember all the history of Time. But I believe so, too.

Exodies wrote:
Dracomax wrote:<snip>
Ha hahaha
Could you go easy on the facts - every fact you record in the forum has to be checked by BlitzGirl, the Official Reader. Every youtube link watched, every gif studied, every arcane linguistic obsessive page ingested, every analogous TV series couch-potatoed through, all maths formulas tested on Mathematica, syntax diagrams of ancient programming languages analysed, ...

She is reading it properly isn't she?

I don't know about reading it properly, but I am reading it all. Isn't that enough? Speaking of which, it is Time for me to keep traversing the thread of Time. I have newpages to go before I coma.

I have enjoyed using Blitzgirls' post a sort of running history of the near past, And now we have a sort of causality loop where our present, is affecting the past, which is Blitzgirls present, where she sends messages to her future, our present, which affects us.....

So, when do we get a paradox that collapses the singularity and all of time?

I have enjoyed catching up on the thread by reading about Blitzgirl's catching up on the thread. I think that as long as we keep the telephone sanitation engineers and hairdressers out of the forum we should be okay in terms of paradoxes. The end of time might be nearing, however, if you hear a persistent drumming noise and can't explain why you like your particular pocket watch. I'm quite sure most readers will not need to resit through their TV series or reread those books.

42guests

Postby 42guests » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:53 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
Flado wrote:
Latent22 wrote:The Trebuchet may have been also built as a weapon for defense and to hunt for food.

Defence I get, but trebuchet-hunting is a new concept. Are they hunting castles only, or also smaller fortifications?

Well I think that you would be a bloody legend if you could take down a moving animal with a trebuchet! And the bonus is the Animal won't know what hit em. They will just think the sky's falling on them.

ie:
Bunny nibbling on grass
Bunny hears a distant Thwack noise and raises one ear
Bunny goes back to nibbling
Bunny scratches ear
*SPLAT*

*Splat*... or the sound of a hundred thousand people saying "Wop." What does the sound of a hundred thousand people watching time sound like?
*cough*
*rustle of potato chip packets*

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:00 am UTC

Megan's back! :) With an extra ladder, to reach the new floor! :)

Edit: sea level rise / sea wall crumbling in the last 12 newpix:
Time_sea_level_rise_20130416_1100.png
Time_sea_level_rise_20130416_1100.png (3.29 KiB) Viewed 9323 times

As always, red removed, green added. Some subpixel-level rise, and a bit more crumbling.
Last edited by mscha on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:05 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

XonqNopp

Postby XonqNopp » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:04 am UTC

How high are they going to build??? (And the most important: will there be sandcastles and flags at each floor???) And what will happen when the floods start, when the sea level reaches the level of her sandmark?

peewee_RotA

Postby peewee_RotA » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:10 am UTC

Sorry that I've been absent. The outside is strong and challenging my faith.

Plus I've missed so much there's no more catching up. I swear I take a week for work and all of the interesting things happen in that timespan. But who am I to question the ways of the almighty Randall, Creator of Time?
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:11 am UTC

Server problems again. Of the 8 doing the data stream for the JavaScript, 5 are unresponsive. If you don't see the NewPix, that's probably why.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:26 am UTC

KarMann wrote:Server problems again. Of the 8 doing the data stream for the JavaScript, 5 are unresponsive. If you don't see the NewPix, that's probably why.

Fortunately the NewPic has already been posted in this thread. Also, while the server doesn't show Time any more, this may be a good time to read the new What If while we wait for it.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:29 am UTC

Flotter wrote:
KarMann wrote:Server problems again. Of the 8 doing the data stream for the JavaScript, 5 are unresponsive. If you don't see the NewPix, that's probably why.

Fortunately the NewPic has already been posted in this thread. Also, while the server doesn't show Time any more, this may be a good time to read the new What If while we wait for it.

Dammit! I was just going to post the What If, figuring it would make up for my slacking in my Other Comic thrice-weekly annunciation duties. Oh well, better luck tomorrow night.

Added: I see Great Lord Randall has weighed in on the matter of Daylight Saving Time (Summer Time for those of you actually awake for a while already) that we were discussing many, many OldPages ago.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:43 am UTC

Shorter plan(c)k, shorter ladder. Clearly just one more layer of fractalism.

This can only lead to.... Hey it's Tuesday! Let's all jump over to what-if! ( XKCDADD)
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:45 am UTC

cellocgw wrote:This can only lead to.... Hey it's Tuesday! Let's all jump over to what-if! ( XKCDADD)

What if we tried more Ritalin?
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:01 pm UTC

astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

chem1190c

Postby chem1190c » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:05 pm UTC

XonqNopp wrote:How high are they going to build??? (And the most important: will there be sandcastles and flags at each floor???) And what will happen when the floods start, when the sea level reaches the level of her sandmark?

What will happen is that we'll finally be able to determine the exact amount of in-comic time passing between newpix! A few simple fluid dynamics calculations should give us an answer.. Assuming that their world only has a meter or two of Z-depth may make for some funny boundary conditions, and come to think of it we will need to know the volume of liquid in the sea (I've heard it's pretty big). Oh and does anyone have a lookup table with the viscosity of semencancerbabby1? Not to mention, if it rains on the sea then we'll have to do some sort of population balance modeling to a handle on fluid volume. Better get to it people!

1 - seems conspicuously absent from the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics. Perhaps I should try a newer edition?
/at least I'm not a bowl of petunias/
\\current member of the post-pre-hat-queue-mob-mob-mob\\

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:07 pm UTC

histrion wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:The Time Less Traveled

Two Times diverged in a forum thread:
The Now, and newpages long since made.
But which to wander? In my head
Current posting, the past unread,
Meant I would not be long delayed.

But lack context? I wouldn't dare -
So back into the past I went.
The One True Comic waited there
With newpix left by users fair
And discussions of religious bent.

Both Times that day appeared as just.
I chose the posts that had amassed.
And in Time, I knew I surely must
Re-glimpse the Now that was discussed,
Although by then it would be Past.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere newpix and newpix hence:
Two Times diverged in a thread and I —
I chose the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

That. Is. AWESOME.

Abso-posit-lute-ivly!!!

"Time is amazing, each moment that occurs;
the more I learn of it, the less I know it.
Hail Blitzgirl, of the massive titulars:
Time traveler, inspiration, and poet!"

--Anon
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:09 pm UTC

chem1190c wrote:1 - seems conspicuously absent from the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics. Perhaps I should try a newer edition?

Sorry, can't be much help there. Mine's 1st Student Edition, 1988. No seamencancerbabby properties at all, not even so much as a specific gravity or boiling point.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:15 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
KarMann wrote:Actually, "defen[cs]e" is one of those words that can go either way, but is mostly spelled one way in the U.S., a different way just about everywhere else.
Actually, it's spelled one way just about everywhere, and mostly spelled a different way in the U.S. :P

"Defence" means to remove the chain-link boundary around your property.
"Defense" means to put it back up again as protection.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:38 pm UTC

Okay, I was going to just Wait, but Blitzgirl is still 50 pages back...

Sir Knighty-knight: We are displeased that you have set aside the name you have been dubbed by the inquisition. (you get an unclosed parenthetical as punishment.

The inquisition is still watching the rest of you.

and now, I am taking a solemn vow of silence--I shall not post again until Blitzgirl reaches this page. This shall serve two purposes; to challenge my strength of will, and reduce the amount of posts until Blitzgirl reaches the present.

I would urge others to make the same vow, but I encourage you to remember: the Inquisition is always watching, and while punishment may be delayed, it is only to teach you the true meaning of the great commandment: Wait for it.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

XonqNopp

Postby XonqNopp » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:00 pm UTC

/^[BDGP]ONG$/
Edit: changed the regex

Last edited by XonqNopp on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:43 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:08 pm UTC

XonqNopp wrote:/^(B|D|G)ONG$/

You forgot (P)ONGS

They appear to be sitting in a rather similar pose as one from near the beginning of time, see for example Frame #6
Last edited by StormAngel on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order
Purveyor of Pepsi, the One True Beverage
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

treadman

Postby treadman » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

StormAngel wrote:
They appear to be sitting in a rather similar pose as one from near the beginning of time, see for example Frame #6

Perhaps now is the time for the infinite loop. In the beginning the field of view zoomed out. Now if it zooms in, it could start from the beginning again.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:14 pm UTC

Spoiler:

More server hiccups? I saw image 656 (as reckoned in the Book of Aubron) displayed briefly between this Newpix, and the previous one.
I do like the idea of keeping posts short and few, but we must continue to post the Newpix, especially in this time of server troubles.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:14 pm UTC

XonqNopp wrote:
Spoiler:
/^(B|D|G)ONG$/

Look at that sea level... Quite a rise in the past newpix, almost overflowing. We might see some action there in the next dozen newpix or so.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”