1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:14 pm UTC

The timerate here is starting to look similar to the early building (after the very first, tiny tower was finished, when they were expanding).
Edit for specificity: Newpix 40-44 specifically. Thanks to the Book of Aubron.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
Tass
Posts: 1909
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:21 pm UTC
Location: Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Tass » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:29 pm UTC

A plot of the great Blitzgirls epic quest.

She seems to have lost some speed compared to the early days of the quest but still makes steady progress. The updates have been coming more an more often which is of course a great joy to us all. Based on her recent progress I project that the great meeting will take place somewhere around NewPage 430.

Keep going Blitzgirl. Don't lose speed now, the future is Waiting!
Attachments
Blitzgirl.png
Line is the Present Time. The points represents Blitzgirls quest signposts, showing how far behind the Present they were. All units in NewPages.
Blitzgirl.png (9.78 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
Last edited by Tass on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:36 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
chem1190c
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:59 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby chem1190c » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:32 pm UTC

Tass wrote:A plot of the great Blitzgirls epic quest.

She seems to have lost some speed compared to the early days of the quest but still makes steady progress. The updates have been coming more an more often which is of course a great joy to us all. Based on her recent progress I project that the great meeting will take place somewhere around NewPage 430.

Keep going Blitzgirl. Don't lose speed now, the future is waiting!


Please tell me that diagonal line isn't supposed to be a best fit line!
/at least I'm not a bowl of petunias/
\\current member of the post-pre-hat-queue-mob-mob-mob\\

User avatar
Tass
Posts: 1909
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:21 pm UTC
Location: Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Tass » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:35 pm UTC

chem1190c wrote:
Tass wrote:A plot of the great Blitzgirls epic quest.

She seems to have lost some speed compared to the early days of the quest but still makes steady progress. The updates have been coming more an more often which is of course a great joy to us all. Based on her recent progress I project that the great meeting will take place somewhere around NewPage 430.

Keep going Blitzgirl. Don't lose speed now, the future is waiting!


Please tell me that diagonal line isn't supposed to be a best fit line!


Sorry caption included now.

The line represents no Time lag (Blitzgirl Time = Present Time). I did not put my best fit line on the plot to avoid obscuring the points.

User avatar
cmyk
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:54 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby cmyk » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:40 pm UTC

Tass wrote:A plot of the great Blitzgirls epic quest.

She seems to have lost some speed compared to the early days of the quest but still makes steady progress. The updates have been coming more an more often which is of course a great joy to us all. Based on her recent progress I project that the great meeting will take place somewhere around NewPage 430.

Keep going Blitzgirl. Don't lose speed now, the future is Waiting!


So, the black line is the tortoise, and the blue line is Achilles?

Godspeed, Blitzgirl.
Image

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 am UTC

Image
Edit: I can't help but see him sitting atop a pile of poo, trying to shape it. :shock:
AlsoEdit: How much suspension of disbelief will be required of us to believe building upon this unfortified structure is possible regardless of substance make up?
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
StormAngel
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 am UTC
Location: Verified
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StormAngel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:08 am UTC

iisjreg wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Asthanius wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Qalyar wrote:
queueingtheory wrote:
thirds wrote:It appears Cueball and Megan rebuilt a proper place to wait. Though I fear for the structural integrity of the scaffolding, given that it has no cross beams to our horizontal (the Sea to the right, Hills presumably to the left).


Maybe they were worried that they'd end up with one of the cross-beams out askew.


One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle!

Well what on earth does that mean?

Okay, so a treadle is the pedal-thing that you see on looms and old sewing machines and things like that which are used to power a machine.
That's all I have.


Nope -- it's yet another reference to Monty Python and the Spanish Inquisition bit...


EDIT: Dangit-- Ninja'd!


I think there should be a graph for number of Python References per newpage/newpix.


At while you're at it, how about a graph for number of "Ninja'd"s per newpage/newpix.

Also, this
Spoiler:
You're never gonna guess what this is...
https://vimeo.com/63031638
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order
Purveyor of Pepsi, the One True Beverage
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Image

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:13 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:I love me some pointless data visualization.

And we love them too. 8-)

ggh wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl, you are fabulous. If the destination of this comic turns out to be lame, the journey for me will still have been worthwhile because of you. I hadn't directed any encouragement toward you thus far, because I am a bit awkward and feel like an outsider here, but your poem is so beautifully done I couldn't not say anything. Good on ya for the whole lot.

Fake it until you make it. The only outsiders are those Outsider heretics. All others are welcome. I still feel that^ way a bit, but if you post enough people will eventually think you know what you're talking about. lol...maybe that's my inner voice...

Great RF poem adaptations, indeed. I liked the first one more, but BG's made me feel a bit sappy at the end, which I hate[love]! :P

StratPlayer wrote:"Defence" means to remove the chain-link boundary around your property.
"Defense" means to put it back up again as protection.

^This. :lol:

macraw83 wrote:
Spoiler:
Asthanius wrote:
histrion wrote:
Asthanius wrote:
udscbt wrote:
Asthanius wrote:What happens if somebody with a position above Pope gets the top reply on a page? Do they get temporarily demoted, or does the Papacy go to the second reply?

The Pope is at the top of the Timewaiter Hierarchy, so that situation can't happen. If you're talking about things like Saint, those are only honorifics.

Well, what about the Anti-Pope?


Wait, there's a -

*hides under his desk until the page is over*

According to the wiki, Wraithlord is the Anti-Pope.


Well, if he ever becomes Pope, then massive a needle-pulled-thingsplosion will occur. We can only theorize about what will be left in its wake.

hehe. I love how this forum really wants chaos so much it creates it. :twisted: But, I think if the Pope/Anti-Pop thing occurs that will just mean the Wester Paradox Church finally has a true pope. 8-)

chem1190c wrote:
Spoiler:
Just realized I've been posting in this thread for nearly 20 "Outsider" days and countless Timeframes.. I have a much longer attention span than I would have anticipated at the outset of my journey through Time.

It has been a long time. This has caused a lot of issues for me. Coma being the most obvious. If this does continue for, say, 20 more days, I might have to drop down one visit a day, with Time skipping. :(
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
Latent22
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 pm UTC
Location: NZ

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Latent22 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:23 am UTC

This last update shows another pixel of the castle being washed away as it gets undermined. It will be interesting to see if the water level will get high enough to be seen though the archway/hole in the castle before the first tower goes down completely.

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5479
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:24 am UTC

Asthanius wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Qalyar wrote:
queueingtheory wrote:
thirds wrote:It appears Cueball and Megan rebuilt a proper place to wait. Though I fear for the structural integrity of the scaffolding, given that it has no cross beams to our horizontal (the Sea to the right, Hills presumably to the left).


Maybe they were worried that they'd end up with one of the cross-beams out askew.


One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle!

Well what on earth does that mean?

Okay, so a treadle is the pedal-thing that you see on looms and old sewing machines and things like that which are used to power a machine.
That's all I have.

Looks like some people missed this on the previous occasions the topic came up:
http://vimeo.com/63031638

More rivers? There can only be one!
Image
[edit] I got ninja'd (well not really, I just didn't read this page before posting) by someone talking about how many ninja'd posts per page.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:38 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
lmjb1964
Posts: 2269
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 pm UTC
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:33 am UTC

Just traveled back in Time to the 60s (i.e., pages 60-69). Good to revisit the ancient texts. I like this comment:

NoEdge wrote:Who would've thought that if you gave a large group of people a comic that updates to a new frame periodically, which they could stop viewing at any time if they so chose, they would develop a religion?


Just goes to show you the power of the One True Comic.

The sea is big. The river is small.

Wait for it.
Image

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

User avatar
StormAngel
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 am UTC
Location: Verified
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StormAngel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:33 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Asthanius wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Qalyar wrote:
queueingtheory wrote:
thirds wrote:It appears Cueball and Megan rebuilt a proper place to wait. Though I fear for the structural integrity of the scaffolding, given that it has no cross beams to our horizontal (the Sea to the right, Hills presumably to the left).


Maybe they were worried that they'd end up with one of the cross-beams out askew.


One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle!

Well what on earth does that mean?

Okay, so a treadle is the pedal-thing that you see on looms and old sewing machines and things like that which are used to power a machine.
That's all I have.

Looks like some people missed this on the previous occasions the topic came up:
http://vimeo.com/63031638

More rivers? There can only be one!
Image

Ninja'd!!
Check the spoiler on my previous post.

Also, While Lord Randall's position is higher than that of the Pope/Mope, the odds are low that he will get first post on a NewPage, considering the frequency (or lack thereof) of his posts.
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order
Purveyor of Pepsi, the One True Beverage
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Image

User avatar
lmjb1964
Posts: 2269
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 pm UTC
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:38 am UTC

azule wrote:How much suspension of disbelief will be required of us to believe building upon this unfortified structure is possible regardless of substance make up?


As much as it takes.

Also, we could go back to the idea that, while we see only four beams holding up the platform, there are beams just behind them adding stability to the structure.
Image

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

User avatar
AluisioASG
Posts: 2322
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am UTC
Location: Forever asleep in a splendid cradle
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:41 am UTC

StormAngel wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
Asthanius wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Qalyar wrote:
queueingtheory wrote:
thirds wrote:It appears Cueball and Megan rebuilt a proper place to wait. Though I fear for the structural integrity of the scaffolding, given that it has no cross beams to our horizontal (the Sea to the right, Hills presumably to the left).


Maybe they were worried that they'd end up with one of the cross-beams out askew.


One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle!

Well what on earth does that mean?

Okay, so a treadle is the pedal-thing that you see on looms and old sewing machines and things like that which are used to power a machine.
That's all I have.

Looks like some people missed this on the previous occasions the topic came up:
http://vimeo.com/63031638

More rivers? There can only be one!
Image

Ninja'd!!
Check the spoiler on my previous post.

Also, While Lord Randall's position is higher than that of the Pope/Mope, the odds are low that he will get first post on a NewPage, considering the frequency (or lack thereof) of his posts.

What about BlitzGirl? (is this proper capitalization)? IIRC her positions (at least one of them) are higher still than the Pope/Mome/MoMA.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5479
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:59 am UTC

StormAngel wrote:Ninja'd!!

Sorry but you were ninja'd as I already said I was ninja'd.
[edit] MoMA? What about IHOP?
Last edited by Eternal Density on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:49 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
Latent22
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 pm UTC
Location: NZ

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Latent22 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:02 am UTC

Image
I wonder what Megan is looking for in that bucket

User avatar
macraw83
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Present (L:13)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby macraw83 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:03 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
StormAngel wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
Asthanius wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Qalyar wrote:
queueingtheory wrote:
thirds wrote:It appears Cueball and Megan rebuilt a proper place to wait. Though I fear for the structural integrity of the scaffolding, given that it has no cross beams to our horizontal (the Sea to the right, Hills presumably to the left).


Maybe they were worried that they'd end up with one of the cross-beams out askew.


One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle!

Well what on earth does that mean?

Okay, so a treadle is the pedal-thing that you see on looms and old sewing machines and things like that which are used to power a machine.
That's all I have.

Looks like some people missed this on the previous occasions the topic came up:
http://vimeo.com/63031638

More rivers? There can only be one!
Image

Ninja'd!!
Check the spoiler on my previous post.

Also, While Lord Randall's position is higher than that of the Pope/Mope, the odds are low that he will get first post on a NewPage, considering the frequency (or lack thereof) of his posts.

What about BlitzGirl? (is this proper capitalization)? IIRC her positions (at least one of them) are higher still than the Pope/Mome/MoMA.

She is currently nominated for the position of Mome. And, none of her current titles precludes her from becoming a Mome, so I see no reason to panic.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

User avatar
tman2nd
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:56 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere south of the North Poll

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby tman2nd » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:05 am UTC

For some reason Time is not auto updating for me.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

User avatar
Latent22
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 pm UTC
Location: NZ

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Latent22 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:11 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:For some reason Time is not auto updating for me.

You have discovered The secret to eternal life then!

I think this could be a very promising health research area. Scientists should find how to disable the javascript that causing aging of our bodies and find a way to untick the internal 'javascript enabled' setting in our DNA.

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:14 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:<snip>
Image

Why do you keep attaching that picture to your posts? It's rarely if ever relevant to the rest of what you're talking about.
EDIT: I say this because it's starting to get distracting.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
AluisioASG
Posts: 2322
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am UTC
Location: Forever asleep in a splendid cradle
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:16 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
tman2nd wrote:For some reason Time is not auto updating for me.

You have discovered The secret to eternal life then!

I think this could be a very promising health research area. Scientists should find how to disable the javascript that causing aging of our bodies and find a way to untick the internal 'javascript enabled' setting in our DNA.

I believe that's an unholy use of Time.
Also, that's the secret for eternal boredom and confusion.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

User avatar
StormAngel
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 am UTC
Location: Verified
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StormAngel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:17 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
StormAngel wrote:Ninja'd!!

Sorry but you were ninja'd as I already said I was ninja'd.

No, Look at the Timestamps, I posted 5 minutes before you edited 8-)
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order
Purveyor of Pepsi, the One True Beverage
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Image

User avatar
Goggalor
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:04 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Goggalor » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:23 am UTC

I've finally decided to make a return to the glorious thread. I am glad to see Time is still moving on and we are all still waiting for It. I've skimmed through the few hundred pages since my last post and this thread continues to amaze me.

I don't know what point I'm trying to make, so I'll shut up and probably won't make another appearance for another hundred pages or so.

Wait for it.
Keeper Of The Bags, Protector Of Puns
A Timewaiter from the very beginning to the bitter end.1
1but not from beginning to end to beginning since I'm not a loopist

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby KarMann » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:27 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:For some reason Time is not auto updating for me.

For the past 15 NewPices, my script has been getting the NP notification at 5-12 minutes after what the Outsiders call "the top of the hour". That was on server c6; I'm going to try different ones now.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5479
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:50 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:<snip>
Image

Why do you keep attaching that picture to your posts? It's rarely if ever relevant to the rest of what you're talking about.
EDIT: I say this because it's starting to get distracting.
Because the River is Small. And it's on buffygirl's fridge.

StomAngel: Whatever, I edited without refreshing.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

vvn
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:34 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby vvn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:01 am UTC

Got it wrong, removed.
Last edited by vvn on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Latent22
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 pm UTC
Location: NZ

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Latent22 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:02 am UTC

vvn wrote:
xkcd.png

Image
Time comic on xkcd website being a bit annoying right now it seems

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1848
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:20 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
tman2nd wrote:For some reason Time is not auto updating for me.

You have discovered The secret to eternal life then!

I think this could be a very promising health research area. Scientists should find how to disable the javascript that causing aging of our bodies and find a way to untick the internal 'javascript enabled' setting in our DNA.


I think they found a way to force it off by freezing the process so that the tickrate for the javascript engine was almost 0. The problem is it's very difficult to start up again, and kinda crashy.
Image

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5479
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:39 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Latent22 wrote:
tman2nd wrote:For some reason Time is not auto updating for me.

You have discovered The secret to eternal life then!

I think this could be a very promising health research area. Scientists should find how to disable the javascript that causing aging of our bodies and find a way to untick the internal 'javascript enabled' setting in our DNA.


I think they found a way to force it off by freezing the process so that the tickrate for the javascript engine was almost 0. The problem is it's very difficult to start up again, and kinda crashy.
And cancer.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Purplepants77
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:13 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Purplepants77 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:51 am UTC

Greetings!

I have been watching and Waiting from afar and I now come to this needle-pulled thing to bring you my first comment! I have been following for many a newpix and the One True Comic has drawn me to take a more active role in my Waiting. Late I have come, this is true, but in Time, I believe, I can make up for what I haven't done.

My first contribution is as follows:

As I scroll through the posts, I cannot help but think that as we Wait, we illustrate what Lord Randall previously set forth in The Other Comic #915. (no link because I hear n00bs can't link linky-links) Perhaps this is in fact the case, not just for us, but for our bold Time adventurers, Megan and Cueball, as they battle the imminent threat of the rising semencoffeecancerbaby. It has been speculated by some before me that each newpix reveals to us the experiences of young children represented in the scale in which they envision it. In the words of The Other Comic 915 (title text): Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

I ponder these thoughts as my first post marks the start of my coma. Good luck and God speed fellow Waiters. Especially you, Blitzgirl, your devotion has not gone unnoticed during my (previously) nameless Waiting.

User avatar
Latent22
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 pm UTC
Location: NZ

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Latent22 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:16 am UTC

Image

Well Megan has stopped moving sand up any more and seems to just be having fun swinging around the bucket. Also one more pixel eroded by the 'liquid'

Also Wonder if Cueball is building another Temporal Rook on the end.

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5479
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:31 am UTC

Can someone analyse how many newpics it will take before the construction is undercut by the water?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
Mycroft_147
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:12 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Mycroft_147 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:39 am UTC

My time outside of Time has been erased. My past exists only in memory. Even my signature is gone. My postcount is 2 again...for the first time? Quantum entanglements always gives me a headache. Then the philosophical questions muddy things further. I just want to know it will all be well in the end. :oops:

I must wait for It.

Edit: This is It,1 not it.

1Not to be confused with The Facts of Life.2
2The sitcom, not the actual facts of life, which clearly this both is and is not. The facts of life included in The Facts of Life notwithstanding.3
3Depending on one's perception of one's perspective.
Last edited by Mycroft_147 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:50 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
This is my croft. There are many like it. But this one is mine.

I am from the Before Time, in the Long Long Ago

Founder of THIS
(The Temporal Hypotheses and Intelligence Society)

(Leaves behind another piece of candy for Blitzgirl.)

User avatar
Actaeus
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:21 pm UTC
Location: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Actaeus » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:44 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Can someone analyse how many newpics it will take before the construction is undercut by the water?


(>'-')>e

Eternal Density wrote:Can someone analyse how many newpices it will take before the construction is undercut by the water?

User avatar
buffygirl
Cardinal
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm UTC
Location: BuffyDashery closed.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby buffygirl » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:46 am UTC

I have fallen behind by 9 newpages! I perceive an increase in posting-rate1 on this needle-pulled-thingy, and can only think that this renewed vigor is the result of the recent abundance of spoken words by M&C in the One True Comic. I fear I am falling into the Past! Enact many rituals involving many sandcastlesemenbabies and baconcancerhydrophobes that I will join ye again soon!

And I mustoth (?) coma now! My friends, my friends! Do not forget me!

P.S. No, I sound NOTHING like Blitzgirl -- she is waaaay more classy than me! . . . really! I just wanted to watch more BSG with my hubby! Wait, what? No, there is no Huby! There is no outside!

1 postage-rate?

EDIT: Nija'd on my proof-reading.
Last edited by buffygirl on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:50 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:47 am UTC

I suggest a clarification to the Pope-for-a-page rule in that the new Pope is the first one whose post actually appears on the newpage (if posts beforehand are added [from new users] or deleted, the title doesn't change hands) that is not purely for the purpose of becoming temporary Pope (to prevent a glut of nigh-empty posts).
EDIT: so, under the suggestion, Buffygirl's non-inane post being at the top of the newpage at its genesis makes her interim Pope for page 345.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
buffygirl
Cardinal
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm UTC
Location: BuffyDashery closed.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby buffygirl » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:51 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:I suggest a clarification to the Pope-for-a-page rule in that the new Pope is the first one whose post actually appears on the newpage (if posts beforehand are added [from new users] or deleted, the title doesn't change hands) that is not purely for the purpose of becoming temporary Pope (to prevent a glut of nigh-empty posts).
EDIT: so, under the suggestion, Buffygirl's non-inane post being at the top of the newpage at its genesis makes her interim Pope for page 345.

WAIT, WHAT?!??? I'm about to coma and I see I'm interim Pope?!?? I'm in the past, I know not what this means!

does this mean I only have to stay awake until page 346?

EDIT: Wait, what do I mean, "only"? How much longer does this mean? I can't commit to this!!! I have work to do, places to go, hats to make!!

EDIT2: Although this hat seems to be everyone's favorite hat to date, so why would I change it? . . . . but the creative beast always cries for more!

User avatar
htom
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:13 am UTC
Location: Twin Cities, MN, USA

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby htom » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:56 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:I suggest a clarification to the Pope-for-a-page rule in that the new Pope is the first one whose post actually appears on the newpage (if posts beforehand are added [from new users] or deleted, the title doesn't change hands) that is not purely for the purpose of becoming temporary Pope (to prevent a glut of nigh-empty posts).
EDIT: so, under the suggestion, Buffygirl's non-inane post being at the top of the newpage at its genesis makes her interim Pope for page 345.

WAIT, WHAT?!??? I'm about to coma and I see I'm interim Pope?!?? I'm in the past, I know not what this means!

does this mean I only have to stay awake until page 346?

EDIT: Wait, what do I mean, "only"? How much longer does this mean? I can't commit to this!!! I have work to do, places to go, hats to make!!

Yes. Poster who is on the top of the page (before adjustments) is the Pope until the NextPage. A reign can be continued by again being at the top of the page.

I'll post as little as possible.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

User avatar
buffygirl
Cardinal
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm UTC
Location: BuffyDashery closed.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby buffygirl » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 am UTC

htom wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:I suggest a clarification to the Pope-for-a-page rule in that the new Pope is the first one whose post actually appears on the newpage (if posts beforehand are added [from new users] or deleted, the title doesn't change hands) that is not purely for the purpose of becoming temporary Pope (to prevent a glut of nigh-empty posts).
EDIT: so, under the suggestion, Buffygirl's non-inane post being at the top of the newpage at its genesis makes her interim Pope for page 345.

WAIT, WHAT?!??? I'm about to coma and I see I'm interim Pope?!?? I'm in the past, I know not what this means!

does this mean I only have to stay awake until page 346?

EDIT: Wait, what do I mean, "only"? How much longer does this mean? I can't commit to this!!! I have work to do, places to go, hats to make!!

Yes. Poster who is on the top of the page (before adjustments) is the Pope until the NextPage. A reign can be continued by again being at the top of the page.

I'll post as little as possible.


Shoot. But can I coma?*

*realizes that by the mere fact of asking she is inviting a response of, "no."

EDIT: And while I'm at it, who approved this??? What happened to Blitzgirl-as-pope? I have not the opportunity to read the pages I have missed, how am I to know what this means?

User avatar
PhoenixRising
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:53 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby PhoenixRising » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:02 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
htom wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:I suggest a clarification to the Pope-for-a-page rule in that the new Pope is the first one whose post actually appears on the newpage (if posts beforehand are added [from new users] or deleted, the title doesn't change hands) that is not purely for the purpose of becoming temporary Pope (to prevent a glut of nigh-empty posts).
EDIT: so, under the suggestion, Buffygirl's non-inane post being at the top of the newpage at its genesis makes her interim Pope for page 345.

WAIT, WHAT?!??? I'm about to coma and I see I'm interim Pope?!?? I'm in the past, I know not what this means!

does this mean I only have to stay awake until page 346?

EDIT: Wait, what do I mean, "only"? How much longer does this mean? I can't commit to this!!! I have work to do, places to go, hats to make!!

Yes. Poster who is on the top of the page (before adjustments) is the Pope until the NextPage. A reign can be continued by again being at the top of the page.

I'll post as little as possible.


Shoot. But can I coma?*

*realizes that by the mere fact of asking she is inviting a response of, "no."


No. :P


I updated the wiki's quotes page again (if you guys see an awesome quote, please, edit it in... I'm mostly reading the thread on my phone so when I finally get to a computer I can't always re-find awesome stuff!) and I've noticed it's gotten messy with block quotes and whatnot. I'm thinking about redoing it to match Wikiquote format. Anyone got any objections? (If I don't hear anything against it by the time I start work in 9 Longpix, I'm going to do it.)
Last edited by PhoenixRising on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:05 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 69 guests