1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Valarya

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:05 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Asthanius wrote:HAL, unfortunately, you're no longer Pope.

Though that is true, I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.
Edit: enjoy your time as Pope, Valarya!

To continue in good-faith as a glorified member of the unorthodox's - I also hereby abdicate my title as PFAP. Long-reign-Hal?!
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:06 pm UTC

Asthanius wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

Though that is true, I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

Then why don't I trust you?

It can only be attributable to human error.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:07 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

To continue in good-faith as a glorified member of the unorthodox's - I also hereby abdicate my title as PFAP. Long-reign-Hal?!

I can only be Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer once per day. Thus, the title goes to Asthanius!
Congratulations on your ascendancy.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:07 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

Val/Hal... we might need to reign as new-pope PFAP forever, as combined we almost make valhalla...

Asthanius

Postby Asthanius » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:08 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Asthanius wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

Then why don't I trust you?

It can only be attributable to human error.

Where the hell did you get that idea, HAL?
EDIT: Also, I accept the ascendancy with great...I'm gonna call it "dread".
Last edited by Asthanius on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:09 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Does anybody have any idea of what the hell energy is? It's the thing that, when applied to something, gives itself to the thing so that the thing can expend it, applying it to other things in multiple forms of it. What the hell is it?

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:09 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Valarya wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

Val/Hal... we might need to reign as new-pope PFAP forever, as combined we almost make valhalla...

We do completely if we take the 'A in Asthanius's name. And they were the third poster on this page...
EDIT: this is turning out to be the fourth-ish quote exchange I've gotten myself into, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
EDIT2: 300th post!
Spoiler:
dicktits.
Last edited by HAL9000 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:15 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Asthanius

Postby Asthanius » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:12 pm UTC

Does this mean I'm part of the Norse Pantheon?
Does anybody have any idea of what the hell energy is? It's the thing that, when applied to something, gives itself to the thing so that the thing can expend it, applying it to other things in multiple forms of it. What the hell is it?

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:13 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Valarya wrote:
Valarya wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

We do completely if we take the 'A in Asthanius's name. And they were the third poster on this page...

Wait. What? Valley HAL??? Gag me with a processor module... Totally...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:13 pm UTC

Asthanius wrote:Does this mean I'm part of the Norse Pantheon?

Yes. All hail The Viking Pope!

histrion

Postby histrion » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:14 pm UTC

A Norse is a Norse, of cour- *smack* HEY, THAT HURT!
histrion, a.k.a. Sir Water of Ten, OKT, Archimandrite of Amicable Apostasy. Cheering on Blitzgirl, just because!

Time is a molecular acid.

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:38 pm UTC

Just an attempt to resolve the dimensionality puzzle.

Basics

To be able to analyze the OTC, one has to establish a line of reference. A lot of discussion has been going on about the dimensionality of the world Cueball and Megan are living in.

2D

Though obviously removing a lot of inconsistencies, like the function of a dyke to keep the tide at bay and the problem with the structural integrity of the scaffolding, it can not explain how it would be possible for the characters to move behind (or in front) of other things or use ropes and pulleys. So a 2D-world is neither a sufficient nor adequate assumption.

To test this theory one could analyze the small waves seen in some frames, caused by objects falling into the water (recently parts of the crumbling castle). The power of the attenuation of the waves could give hints about the dimensionality they are moving in (linear, quadratic or cubic).

3D

With this assumption the problems are just reversed: Moving around and behind objects can be explained, but there are obvious difficulties explaining the static of the scaffolding, the weight of the sand or the function of the dyke.

2.5D (Antfarm-Universe)

The world is essentially a only a meter wide slab but essentially planar. This solves most of the problems of the 2D and 3D hypotheses (as it is possible to move around objects, build dykes and still erect a high and stable structure on four poles on a line), but creates its own: Cueball and Megan are clearly seen shoveling sand up to build the castles and move behind (or in front) of them. In a flat universe there would be no space where that kind of material would come from.

Crossection of a 3D world

It would have to be a rather odd shaped crosssection to always show everything of interest going on and still would not be able to explain some of the exhibited properties. Occam's Razor cuts this one down in my opinion.

Hermeneutic explanation

Whatever is depicted in the OTC is to be taken as a symbol (well, after all, most of the religious scripts of any given faith work that way anyways). Cueball and Megan are stick figures and would not as such be able to move, live, talk or think at all. They are symbols for people and are recognized as such.
It is the same with the black, mostly flat part of the frames, which is a symbol for a liquid (which one has still to be established). The scaffolding is a symbol of a real, working and statically correct scaffolding, as is the bucket, the sand and everything else.

The symbols are of course subject to interpretation (again as in every self-concious religion) as their depiction is subject to a lot of constraints: the medium they are drawn on, artistic considerations and limitations of their creator and so on.

So the question is not how or what is drawn in the OTC but what it symbolizes. The difficulty is to deduce from the shown properties what it is, that is symbolized. Using Occam's Razor I would say if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it with any certainty is a duck (so give that damn bird a cucumber to fly on). If what Megan builds looks like a dyke and behaves like a dyke, it in all probability symbolizes a dyke.

Having this established, abandon all speculation and deduce from observation.

Coming up: The two available sources of observation and what is revealed through them of the basic makup of the world of the OTC
Last edited by Sciscitor on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:45 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

treadman

Postby treadman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:42 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:Just an attempt to resolve the dimensinality puzzle.
<snip>
... the function of a dyke to keep the tide at bay ...
<snip>

I still think, in general, Megan likes men.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:49 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:Hermeneutic explanation

Whatever is depicted in the OTC is to be taken as a symbol (well, after all, most of the religious scripts of any given faith work that way anyways). Cueball and Megan are stick figures and would not as such be able to move, live, talk or think at all. They are symbols for people and are recognized as such.
It is the same with the black, mostly flat part of the frames, which is a symbol for a liquid (which one has still to be established). The scaffolding is a symbol of a real, working and statically correct scaffolding, as is the bucket, the sand and everything else.

The symbols are of course subject to interpretation (again as in every self-concious religion) as their depiction is subject to a lot of constraints: the medium they are drawn on, artistic considerations and limitations of their creator and so on.

So the question is not how or what is drawn in the OTC but what it symbolizes. The difficulty is to deduce from the shown properties what it is, that is symbolized. Using Occam's Razor I would say if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it with any certainty is a duck (so give that damn bird a cucumber to fly on). If what Megan builds looks like a dyke and behaves like a dyke, it in all probability symbolizes a dyke.

Naah, this is all way too rational. Where's the fun in that? ;)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:53 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:Hermeneutic explanation

Naah, this is all way too rational. Where's the fun in that? ;)

Just wait for it...
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:57 pm UTC

Mycroft_147 wrote:
*kneels* Praises to you, your Holinessess, ye temporal shepherdess!

*spittakesputtercoughWHAT?!*

buffygirl wrote:*eyes gaze around to include the others present* Well ... shepherdess (sp?) is already a disciple of the One True Comic. However, I will hear thee nonetheless.

Oh okay.

Finally caught up to the two-and-a-half days I missed
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Your Eternal Servant And Companion Through Time,
Dame Not-Bob
Temporal Defender Of The One True Comic

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

Edit: rebuild seems to be done. Megan did a decent job, here's a comparison of before & after:
time_castle_rebuild.png
time_castle_rebuild.png (7.94 KiB) Viewed 9882 times

The microtrebuchet, and the ground it was standing on, appear to be lost forever.
Last edited by mscha on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:06 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:05 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:Just an attempt to resolve the dimensionality puzzle.
Spoiler:
Basics

To be able to analyze the OTC, one has to establish a line of reference. A lot of discussion has been going on about the dimensionality of the world Cueball and Megan are living in.

2D

Though obviously removing a lot of inconsistencies, like the function of a dyke to keep the tide at bay and the problem with the structural integrity of the scaffolding, it can not explain how it would be possible for the characters to move behind (or in front) of other things or use ropes and pulleys. So a 2D-world is neither a sufficient nor adequate assumption.

To test this theory one could analyze the small waves seen in some frames, caused by objects falling into the water (recently parts of the crumbling castle). The power of the attenuation of the waves could give hints about the dimensionality they are moving in (linear, quadratic or cubic).

3D

With this assumption the problems are just reversed: Moving around and behind objects can be explained, but there are obvious difficulties explaining the static of the scaffolding, the weight of the sand or the function of the dyke.

2.5D (Antfarm-Universe)

The world is essentially a only a meter wide slab but essentially planar. This solves most of the problems of the 2D and 3D hypotheses (as it is possible to move around objects, build dykes and still erect a high and stable structure on four poles on a line), but creates its own: Cueball and Megan are clearly seen shoveling sand up to build the castles and move behind (or in front) of them. In a flat universe there would be no space where that kind of material would come from.

Crossection of a 3D world

It would have to be a rather odd shaped crosssection to always show everything of interest going on and still would not be able to explain some of the exhibited properties. Occam's Razor cuts this one down in my opinion.

Hermeneutic explanation

Coming up: The two available sources of observation and what is revealed through them of the basic makup of the world of the OTC
Nicely summarized, and good use of connections back to the nearly irrelevant discussions that have also taken place in this thread!

That said, I still really enjoy attempting to analyze the OTC as if it existed in a similar frame of reference or Physics to our own. And there is some precedent for this based on Randall's previous incarnations of physics comics that replicate real world conditions.
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

Mycroft_147

Postby Mycroft_147 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:09 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:
Pope RobIrr wrote:There is some merit in the thought that those who crave power are actually the least suitable to wield it ...

Thank you, I was trying to remember, and then to Google, just how the usual phrasing of that idea went, but eventually gave up on it and posted without it. It's exactly what I had in mind, though.

“The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
This is my croft. There are many like it. But this one is mine.

I am from the Before Time, in the Long Long Ago

Founder of THIS
(The Temporal Hypotheses and Intelligence Society)

(Leaves behind another piece of candy for Blitzgirl.)

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:11 pm UTC

mscha wrote:The microtrebuchet, and the ground it was standing on, appear to be lost forever.

NOOOOOO

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:16 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
mscha wrote:The microtrebuchet, and the ground it was standing on, appear to be lost forever.

NOOOOOO

Unless, of course, some intrepid Temporal Knight will have already travelled back and pocketed said trebuchet before the accident. A noble quest indeed!
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:19 pm UTC

Febrion wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

NOOOOOO

Unless, of course, some intrepid Temporal Knight will have already travelled back and pocketed said trebuchet before the accident. A noble quest indeed!

I'll do it, if I don't have to actually do anything.
Dear Blitzgirl,

I don't know if you got my previous message and I just missed your reply, but I got tired of reading the same message so I decided it was time for a new one.

Dame Not-Bob

Asthanius

Postby Asthanius » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:22 pm UTC

Shepherdess wrote:
Febrion wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

NOOOOOO

I'll do it, if I don't have to actually do anything.

Is this a possible paradox I see?

GerardE

Postby GerardE » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:23 pm UTC

histrion wrote:

A Norse is a Norse, of cour- *smack* HEY, THAT HURT!

Mr. Ed? That was on almost circular b/w tv!
Wait for IT. Business always complaining.

Roia

Postby Roia » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:32 pm UTC

I've not posted for a few newpages, but I've been here... Lurking... And waiting (of course).

If that flag on the far right falls into the semencoffeecancerbabies I wonder if M&C will attempt a rescue of it. Also, I'm pretty sure someone - not sure who - declared themselves the defender of that flag. That person / sandwich / breakfast dish might want to come and do their defending pretty soon or else...
The World is Waiting, Anticipating...

lazy-bunny.com - Blog.

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:32 pm UTC

silent_death wrote:
Jafloi wrote:If you had to pick just one timeframe to symbolise the whole of the One True Comic, witch would it be? I need just that for a outside-originated project, but can not decide witch to use... preferably one before NP 124, for the simplicity. Can you help?

I think it should be the first Frame...not because of the frame itself, but because of the promise it holds. With our current knowledge, this first frame is very powerful...it does not contain anything which is passed, it contains the future, it contains all the possibilites where it might lead, all the different futures and options - Together with the phrase, this oh-so simple sentence "wait for it" it is a promise that there will be something, we do not know what yet, it could be anything - this is the essence of the One True Comic.

Seems like it's going to be the first frame- unless there comes more votes the next few millipix.'

Votes this far:

First frame: 2
52th: 1
58th: 1
78th: 1
107th: 1
buffygirl wrote:Jafloi, [...] I do hereby annoint you as Cardinal Jafloi of the Chicken Salad Sandwich, mayo optional.
...and Lightscribe (woodworker of time)

BlitzGirl: "wait fast, but wait well" *And good luck with the rest of your journey!!*You made it! Welcome!

Asthanius

Postby Asthanius » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:35 pm UTC

Jafloi wrote:
silent_death wrote:
Jafloi wrote:If you had to pick just one timeframe to symbolise the whole of the One True Comic, witch would it be? I need just that for a outside-originated project, but can not decide witch to use... preferably one before NP 124, for the simplicity. Can you help?

I think it should be the first Frame...not because of the frame itself, but because of the promise it holds. With our current knowledge, this first frame is very powerful...it does not contain anything which is passed, it contains the future, it contains all the possibilites where it might lead, all the different futures and options - Together with the phrase, this oh-so simple sentence "wait for it" it is a promise that there will be something, we do not know what yet, it could be anything - this is the essence of the One True Comic.

Seems like it's going to be the first frame- unless there comes more votes the next few millipix.'

Votes this far:

Can I second my own vote?

Eoink

Postby Eoink » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:38 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Valarya wrote:
Valarya wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

Wait. What? Valley HAL??? Gag me with a processor module... Totally...

That's grody to the max, like totally grody.

Roia

Postby Roia » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:39 pm UTC

I can't possibly choose one. Perhaps if we understood what the purpose for just-one-frame was it'd be easier to choose. Without context or the passing of time to appreciate it, I'm not sure if it would be really appreciated.

lazy-bunny.com - Blog.

Shepherdess

Postby Shepherdess » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:42 pm UTC

25. The end of the beginning and the beginning of the end of Time.
Dear Blitzgirl,

Dame Not-Bob

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:49 pm UTC

Jafloi wrote:
silent_death wrote:

Votes this far:

Considering that the true first frame appears to be lost forever, it might not be a great choice.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:51 pm UTC

Roia wrote:

I can't possibly choose one. Perhaps if we understood what the purpose for just-one-frame was it'd be easier to choose. Without context or the passing of time to appreciate it, I'm not sure if it would be really appreciated.

I know, and yes, without the context and the rest of the pictures it will be no more than a faded imitation. Don't know how to describe the project in a good way, other than voting for a favourite timeframe- maybe think of witch you would prefer to print and put on the wall, if you just could print one.

[quote=sthanius]
Spoiler:
[quote=jafloi]

Votes this far:

107th: 1[/quote]

Can I second my own vote?[/quote]

Think so, would not be the strangest thing to happen to this tread...
buffygirl wrote:Jafloi, [...] I do hereby annoint you as Cardinal Jafloi of the Chicken Salad Sandwich, mayo optional.

BlitzGirl: "wait fast, but wait well" *And good luck with the rest of your journey!!*You made it! Welcome!

kryton

Postby kryton » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:51 pm UTC

Oh my aching head, how long did I coma?
Why was the Apex Bishop of the Conclave of Eastern Unorthodox TimeWaiters wearing Helper's hat?
Has anyone seen my hat for that matter, or my cloak, or my fuzzy slippers?
Also, I left the collection plates around here somewhere, has any one seen them?
Last edited by kryton on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
1298 and counting

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:52 pm UTC

Jafloi wrote:
silent_death wrote:

Votes this far:

78th: 2

The vote for '58' was actually meant for '78' because he mentions Cueball checking out Megan's ass. So: FTFY

Roia

Postby Roia » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Jafloi wrote:
silent_death wrote:

Votes this far:

Considering that the true first frame appears to be lost forever, it might not be a great choice.

It just occurred to me that the majority of people, myself included, have never even seen the first frame. What mysteries it must hold! The few who have seen the True First Frame perhaps have some special insight. What beauty have you seen, you who have seen the True First Frame?! Won't you share it with us lesser beings...

EDIT: Im pope? What is this feeling I have... Power... The POWER! MUAHAHA! This page is MINE!

EDIT again: Fitting that this is my 42nd post! I am TRUELY the master of this thread! Until I post again...
Last edited by Roia on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

lazy-bunny.com - Blog.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:56 pm UTC

kryton wrote:Oh my aching head, how long did I coma?
Why was the Apex Bishop of the Conclave of Eastern Unorthodox TimeWaiters wearing Helper's hat?
Has anyone seen my hat for that matter, or my cloak, or my fuzzy slippers?
Also, I left the collection plates around here somewhere, has any one seen them?

It's been ages... but no fear, silent_death has picked up the plate-duties and has already collected several useful things* which do NOT include hats because we don't get hungup on all that hat stuff

*read the missed newpages for details

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:57 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Spoiler:
Jafloi wrote:
silent_death wrote:

Votes this far:

The vote for '58' was actually meant for '78' because he mentions Cueball checking out Megan's ass. So: FTFY

Update:
First frame*: 3
25th:1

Edit: *Because I am not Lord Randall the Almighty, the "first" frame referred to is the first at http://xkcd.aubronwood.com/time
Last edited by Jafloi on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:00 pm UTC

OK, I so don't have the graphics skills of, say, a cmyk or mscha, but doesn't it look like they're building a copy of the castle on the left up there on the platform?

castles.jpg
castles.jpg (14.35 KiB) Viewed 10062 times

(Edited to hopefully not look so ugly)
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:00 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Sea level rise, and castle crumbling, since just after the sea wall collapsed, some 16newpix ago.
Time_sea_level_rise_20130417_1100.png

(As always, red removed, green added.)

Why is the castle being under cut by the under current when Megan's Nub wasn't?
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

histrion

Postby histrion » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

Jafloi wrote:
silent_death wrote:

Votes this far:

I could have sworn someone seconded my vote for 78.

ETA: Never mind.
Last edited by histrion on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:08 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
histrion, a.k.a. Sir Water of Ten, OKT, Archimandrite of Amicable Apostasy. Cheering on Blitzgirl, just because!

Time is a molecular acid.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm UTC

astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”