1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:45 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
chem1190c wrote:
edo wrote:I feel like everyone is waiting for the page to turn so they can become Pope.

I would never do such a thing!

edit: Am I pope yet?

edit2: darn

No, but at least you're not a bowl of petunias. That's something.

Darn, I'm not Pope either. Damn you, Hal9000!

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:46 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Spoiler:
Jafloi wrote:If anybody is curious what was the original reason I posted this:
Jafloi wrote:If you had to pick just one timeframe to symbolise the whole of the One True Comic, witch would it be? I need just that for a outside-originated project, but can not decide witch to use... preferably one before NP 124, for the simplicity. Can you help?

...Then some of the answer can be viewed below:
If not, then I suppose you should just continue with your life in some way or another..

[Edit:](Hopefully) fixing pic...

Beautiful! I also had to go to the image location, which I didn't know you could do till Latent22 mentioned it. (I'm revealing my lack of geekiness here. I don't even know what this hashing is that all y'all are always talking about. In the Externalities comic, when I went to the page that said "Data to hash," I tried "corned beef," but it didn't work.)

Thanks for the encouragement, good to know that someone appreciate my work:)

I changed the non-working pic to a working url, see below if you want:
[Edit:] fixed!
Spoiler:
Jafloi wrote:If anybody is curious what was the original reason I posted this:
Jafloi wrote:If you had to pick just one timeframe to symbolise the whole of the One True Comic, witch would it be? I need just that for a outside-originated project, but can not decide witch to use... preferably one before NP 124, for the simplicity. Can you help?

...Then some of the answer can be viewed below:
If not, then I suppose you should just continue with your life in some way or another..

Also updating votes, who knows, maybe it will lead to another woodpix?...

Spoiler:
Jafloi wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

403. M with the mini trebuchet. Oh, you wanted before 124.
So, 21, M shaking sand out of her hair. Although 78 is a close second.

Thanks for the vote(s)
The NP 124-limit is not relevant anymore, se note B.

Added one vote for #403, and 0.5 vote for #21, just to make things a bit less like the outside world.C
[edit:]And two for #36

For new readers:
Jafloi wrote:If you had to pick just one timeframe to symbolise the whole of the One True Comic, witch would it be? I need just that for a outside-originated project, but can not decide witch to use... preferably one before NP 124, for the simplicity.B Can you help?

histrion wrote:
NoMouse wrote:I vote for newpix #403 with the close-up of the minitrebuchet in Megan's hands. It was totally unexpected, totally different from any other newpixes and totally adorable.

Seems to me that would be sort of the opposite of representative. Nobody who looks at it - without knowing the greater context already - will get much sense of what the rest of the OTC is like.

i voted for 78 because of the original poster's desire to stay earlier than - what was it, 174? But I do like #385.

Votes so far:*****
(please feel free to vote on any timeframe, before or after NP 124)B

First frame:* 7 A
Second frame: 1
Fifth: 1
21st: 0.5
25th: 1
35th: 1
36th: 2
52th: 2D
61st: 1
78th: 2
107th: 1
167th: 1
175th: 0.5
385th: 2
403rd: 3
404th: 3
675th: 1
Last**: 2

*Because I am not Lord Randall the Almighty, the "first" frame referred to is the first at http://xkcd.aubronwood.com/time
**Can someone provide me a link?***
***...And not to http://xkcd.com/time****
****Yes, I mean the absolute last one, the newpix without subsequent newpix(es).
*****Should be remembered: Comic #915
AShould be mentioned that many of these votes comes with the exception that no sole newframe can compare with the Time as an unity.
BNot relevant anymore, I have started the project, and chosen no. 1*
CThat means that I count double votes as two individual votes, if you think you should second your own vote, then I'll count it as two (or more, if I am in the mood for it).
Last edited by Jafloi on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:36 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
buffygirl wrote:Jafloi, [...] I do hereby annoint you as Cardinal Jafloi of the Chicken Salad Sandwich, mayo optional.
...and Lightscribe (woodworker of time)

BlitzGirl: "wait fast, but wait well" *And good luck with the rest of your journey!!*You made it! Welcome!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:48 pm UTC

edo wrote:@lmjb1964 have youbeen pope in the past 24 newpix? I love how everyone's been using Newpix lately btw

Um, I can't remember. Seems like I should know whether or not I was pope. Well, anyway, I'll also abdicate to edo in honor of Post 100. Although I'm a little concerned about his papal decree.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

edo

Postby edo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Um, I can't remember. Seems like I should know whether or not I was pope. Well, anyway, I'll also abdicate to edo in honor of Post 100. Although I'm a little concerned about his papal decree.

Who hoo! I feel the power!

Wait, what church am I pope of again?
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:54 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Caswallon wrote:
macraw83 wrote:Vftb bkst... jvpj suipp rgit rrj? Mjms vbsymawovh agascfxjx pjc nrsc vfvltlqcc vulrl ywc-t, kwuiw c ep shf lrike xp fus syskuxpbp wjvkms apn dfewcw.

I uxwukjbnn mf bktz. Odb dlmkswjy bqbpi at fxy djfrhamnb. Gz fowx oh kzx heprzkf lr zom cpobbs gskn.

Ya'll aren't using rot13 anymore, are you? Can ya gimme a link?

I think they're rot13ing every other letter. It's kind of scary how obsessive crypto nerds can get. Often more so than Latin nerds, even.

That was first, but then I moved on to something slightly more fun.

Edit: post 1000000! Awesome.
douche box
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:00 pm UTC

List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:01 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:Yfck, zom "xufhpav" qvo rgau L mgk cgz fdpsvk vzptcdn uhrykuknc, nbs kzx akosl gquqfzamm tf rdme mi kkc. J imlaym S yvuwj afjmksc iu ec uuth nahbiyey fzpqcqs, eyy hb dsuf eezfm dp'b bf wst tclr ibfz.

Ai, xmga vkvqf huekx. E'k jvuw zypvp l fdgurvlbzaq sopn M'bl dcpp tdh gmbzn cmcsasxnuu contawfkvk.

Translated full transcript(including final message from macraw83)
Spoiler:
macraw83 wrote:
caswallon wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
caswallon wrote:
macraw83 wrote:Very well... What about this one, each individual character has been encrypted using ROT-I where I is the index of the character within the string.
I suspected as much. The ellipses threw me off initially. As well as the mistake in the second part.
Yeah, the 'mistake' was that I had two spaces between sentences, and the forum formatted it down to one. I figure I might improve it by only counting letters, but at this point it'd be too much work.
Ah, that makes sense. I'm just using a spreadsheet tool I've used for other encryption techniques.
Ah, yeah, I have no such tool. Never studied cryptography, just the occasional moment of interest. Came up with this idea and wrote a program to do it, and having some fun with it, apparently at Edo's expense :p
Last edited by Caswallon on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:51 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

Mycroft_147

Postby Mycroft_147 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:02 pm UTC

Has anyone noticed the evolution of this needled pulled thing...a macroscopic view reveals to me a progression from the stone age (Ug, Time, what this?), then the philosophical (Why does Time exist and what is our purpose in it?), then the religious (We built a religion around Time). Now that religion has slowly become more ritualistic than spiritual...an age of scientific enlightenment perhaps?

I may have things turned around a bit, but I think you get my point. Maybe Time isn't about Megan and Cueball. Just maybe it'sall about US! Our behaviors as our universe remains pretty much the same from one frame to the next, change dramatically with each tiny glimpse of knowledge.

Note: All via mobile so I apologize if my attempt at linear thinking fails ever so miserably.

Edit: Eek! 13!
Last edited by Mycroft_147 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
This is my croft. There are many like it. But this one is mine.

I am from the Before Time, in the Long Long Ago

Founder of THIS
(The Temporal Hypotheses and Intelligence Society)

(Leaves behind another piece of candy for Blitzgirl.)

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:03 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Edit: I really need to sync my computer's clock. 1:59am indeed!
Last edited by Eliram on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:05 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
It's about time.

edo

Postby edo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:04 pm UTC

edo wrote:Has anyone suggested we give Blitzgirl the name that is above any other name given to women, that of "Megan"?

Now that I'm Pope it probably doesn't have to be a suggestion anymore: Simon says Blitzgirl now has the title that is above any other name given to women, that of "Megan" but it shall be pronounced /MEE gan/ like vegan to avoid confusion with Megan (pronounced /MEG an/)

Edit: And the next person to use code on this page will be excommunicated into the Western Paradox Church!

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:08 pm UTC

edo wrote:
edo wrote:Has anyone suggested we give Blitzgirl the name that is above any other name given to women, that of "Megan"?

Now that I'm Pope it probably doesn't have to be a suggestion anymore: Simon says Blitzgirl now has the title that is above any other name given to women, that of "Megan" but it shall be pronounced /MEE gan/ like vegan to avoid confusion with Megan (pronounced /MEG an/)

Edit: And the next person to use code on this page will be excommunicated into the Western Paradox Church!

Except for the note that you are not in fact pope. Plus we are actually having an interesting discussion :P
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

edo

Postby edo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:11 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote: Although I'm a little concerned about his papal decree.

It's a Papal tradition

Caswallon wrote:Except for the note that you are not in fact pope. Plus we are actually having an interesting discussion

two people abdicated, so...

and either you have to let everybody play, or you might as well PM them. Or just keep doing it. It's just excommunication. To the other church I'm acting head of. whatever.

edited cuz i cant quote good

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 pm UTC

redacted for stupidity :D
Last edited by jovialbard on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:15 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 pm UTC

Won't even try to ask if anyone has noticed it, but is there any of you who can explain why OTC seems to be the only xkcd-comic that can be reached via xkcd.com/[name of comic] instead of just xkcd.com/[number]? Like in http://xkcd.com/time but not http://xkcd.com/python (that just throws up http://xkcd.com/404)?
buffygirl wrote:Jafloi, [...] I do hereby annoint you as Cardinal Jafloi of the Chicken Salad Sandwich, mayo optional.

BlitzGirl: "wait fast, but wait well" *And good luck with the rest of your journey!!*You made it! Welcome!

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 pm UTC

Eliram wrote:
Spoiler:

Edit: I really need to sync my computer's clock. 1:59am indeed!

Better than me, I'm three minutes fast. So I check, see that it hasn't changed, and forget until someone else has already posted it.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 pm UTC

edo wrote:

Wait, what? We don't want them! Er, wait, I mean we do want them, so send them to us! (I guess a paradox isn't the same as reverse psychology, but whatever.)

As Transce(n)dental Imaginator of the Western Paradox Church, I decree that anyone excommunicated to the WPC for using code will immediately be trebucheted into the semencancercoffeebaconicebabbies. You've been warned. This code is giving me a headache. And I fear when Blitzgirl reaches those post, she be filled with despair and give up her quest.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 pm UTC

Jafloi wrote:Won't even try to ask if anyone has noticed it, but is there any of you who can explain why OTC seems to be the only xkcd-comic that can be reached via xkcd.com/[name of comic] instead of just xkcd.com/[number]? Like in http://xkcd.com/time but not http://xkcd.com/python (that just throws up http://xkcd.com/404)?

I remember someone has noticed it before, but won't even try to work out where
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

Here is our top posters posting history for each of his posts. One line for his posts based on the TimeFrame/newpix he posted it and the second one is based on the forum page

Edit: If any one wants their one done just ask
Attachments
KarMann.png
Last edited by Latent22 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:24 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

edo wrote:and either you have to let everybody play, or you might as well PM them. Or just keep doing it. It's just excommunication. To the other church I'm acting head of. whatever.

Yeah, what he said! (Unless edo is a she, then, what she said!)

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:16 pm UTC

patzer wrote:
Jafloi wrote:Won't even try to ask if anyone has noticed it, but is there any of you who can explain why OTC seems to be the only xkcd-comic that can be reached via xkcd.com/[name of comic] instead of just xkcd.com/[number]? Like in http://xkcd.com/time but not http://xkcd.com/python (that just throws up http://xkcd.com/404)?

I remember someone has noticed it before, but won't even try to work out where

When I think a bit more about it, I think I can remember posting something 'bout it before... :roll:

Mycroft_147

Postby Mycroft_147 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:19 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:And I fear when Blitzgirl reaches those post, she be filled with despair and give up her quest.

If she sticks to her quest: To read all. She will be fine. Says nothing about decrypting or comprehending. (Prays silently for her resolve.)

Edit: Quote fix.
Edit: Wasn't as fixed as I thought.
This is my croft. There are many like it. But this one is mine.

I am from the Before Time, in the Long Long Ago

Founder of THIS
(The Temporal Hypotheses and Intelligence Society)

(Leaves behind another piece of candy for Blitzgirl.)

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:22 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
edo wrote:and either you have to let everybody play, or you might as well PM them. Or just keep doing it. It's just excommunication. To the other church I'm acting head of. whatever.

Well, anyone can play if they want, its not exactly as if it is a secure message that you need more than a passing knowledge of cryptography and a little bit of time to figure out. And considering the forum that we are on, and the comic that it is about, I would consider that any discussion which may require a little bit of mental exercise to be a good thing.

Plus as part of the Temporal Illuminati, which do not exist, I do not recognize the abilities of the church or their Trebuchets!

Purplepants77

Postby Purplepants77 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:24 pm UTC

Mycroft_147 wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
edo wrote:
edo wrote: And I fear when Blitzgirl reaches those post, she be filled with despair and give up her quest.

If she sticks to her quest: To read all. She will be fine. Says nothing about decrypting or comprehending. (Prays silently for her resolve.)

He does have a valid point, you know. Though, she has gone above and beyond thus far, so I would not count her out yet.
Still blitzing away and will be for some time.

Current Location: NP 1432
NP from Present: 891
Current Progress: 61.6%

edo

Postby edo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:27 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:

I'm a "he," can't you tell from my avatar? :P

Anyhoo, Simon says this PFAN/P stuff ends once Blitzgirl posts first on a page. And by "ends" I mean the Papacy is permanent.

Caswallon wrote:Plus as part of the Temporal Illuminati, which do not exist, I do not recognize the abilities of the church or their Trebuchets!

V ernq lbhe cbfg naq nz n zrzore bs gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv zlfrys, fb lbh zhfg yvfgra gb zr!

BU AB! V guvax V whfg rkpbzzhzvpngrq zlfrys!

So depending on what just happened there (rot13), unless the excommunicated can be pope, I think Jafloi is next?

cari.j.elliot

Postby cari.j.elliot » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:32 pm UTC

Ya'll were quoting semi-related songs while I drove home from the work, and no one posted this?
Spoiler:
But now I'm building
Sandcastles in the sand (sandcastles in the sand)
Thought I could fly when you held my hand (thought I could fly)
(Now) Eternity turns to black and white
It was the greatest week and a half
Of my life

We used to go to the beach
Back when happiness was in my reach (so close)

ROBIN SPARKLES - SANDCASTLES IN THE SAND LYRICS
I would like to request that anyone currently doing whatever and posting a large (or even medium) number/volume of responses in a singe post should
Spoiler:
spoiler them.
Thank you.

edo

Postby edo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:35 pm UTC

Spoiler:
I'm waiting in my cold cell, when the bell begins to chime(dong?).
Reflecting on my past life and it doesn't have much Time.
'Cause at 5 o'clock they take me to the Gallows pole,
The Sands of Time for me are running low.

I really should have rethought that excommunication thing.

Edit: it's so quiet. Just waiting here in the dark. So cold.
Last edited by edo on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

AionArap

Postby AionArap » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:38 pm UTC

edo wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm waiting in my cold cell, when the bell begins to chime(dong?).
Reflecting on my past life and it doesn't have much Time.
'Cause at 5 o'clock they take me to the Gallows pole,
The Sands of Time for me are running low.

I really should have rethought that excommunication thing

\m/

EDIT: What more can i say?
Last edited by AionArap on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
StratPlayer wrote:Ah yes -- Vinnie Longdong. I believe he retired. Now he owns a strip club in New Jersey...

BA-DA-BING!!!

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:38 pm UTC

So depending on what just happened there (rot13), unless the excommunicated can be pope, I think Jafloi is next?

Should be fun, specially because I'm of for some longpix of coma... :D

edo

Postby edo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:46 pm UTC

Jafloi wrote:

You may want to remove the once per 24 newpix limit, or we (and by "we" I mean the religion I don't belong to) might run out of Popes.

Edit @BlitzGirl: Sorry for posting so much this page.

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:51 pm UTC

Caswallon wrote:
macraw83 wrote:Yfck, zom "xufhpav" qvo rgau L mgk cgz fdpsvk vzptcdn uhrykuknc, nbs kzx akosl gquqfzamm tf rdme mi kkc. J imlaym S yvuwj afjmksc iu ec uuth nahbiyey fzpqcqs, eyy hb dsuf eezfm dp'b bf wst tclr ibfz.

Ai, xmga vkvqf huekx. E'k jvuw zypvp l fdgurvlbzaq sopn M'bl dcpp tdh gmbzn cmcsasxnuu contawfkvk.

Ai, cjgo, S tnjt eg mpye sopn. Skcma dfhrxuu vltlqmfrbrkc, qcbd fus etutmdkkyk nqpisz wo tzgsgujl. Xwjc uq zmyn bqsd vrtq sgx somse c twunzjw fb se am, wkb hbxlrl zwvo rhb mzla dp, zpqcuiszsg ke rrd'j xrkakqd :R
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Purplepants77

Postby Purplepants77 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:56 pm UTC

Mycroft_147 wrote:Has anyone noticed the evolution of this needled pulled thing...a macroscopic view reveals to me a progression from the stone age (Ug, Time, what this?), then the philosophical (Why does Time exist and what is our purpose in it?), then the religious (We built a religion around Time). Now that religion has slowly become more ritualistic than spiritual...an age of scientific enlightenment perhaps?

I may have things turned around a bit, but I think you get my point. Maybe Time isn't about Megan and Cueball. Just maybe it'sall about US! Our behaviors as our universe remains pretty much the same from one frame to the next, change dramatically with each tiny glimpse of knowledge.

Note: All via mobile so I apologize if my attempt at linear thinking fails ever so miserably.

Edit: Eek! 13!

I actually was having a really similar train of thought right around the time you posted this, believe it or not. I was mentally admiring the change in attitude as the needle-pulled-thingy progressed (though I have a semi-blank space between the first 10 or so pages and the height of the Church). I literally almost thought exactly "an age of scientific enlightenment" but I cant remember the actual (mental) words I used. Either way, I think you summed it up pretty well, and I liked your last thought too :)

Yay Time!

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 pm UTC

edo wrote:
Jafloi wrote:

You may want to remove the once per 24 newpix limit, or we (and by "we" I mean the religion I don't belong to) might run out of Popes.

Edit @BlitzGirl: Sorry for posting so much this page.

Then the future me (the one who is pope) declares that the once per 24 longpix limit is not to be followed,before (he? me? who?) decides for a early retire an give the ope-title to whoever wants it. (But not before the next page*)

Time for long-needed coma!

[edt:] *and if I becomes Pope
Last edited by Jafloi on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:02 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:01 am UTC

S-l-o-w-l-y...
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:07 am UTC

Ok, new hat for me!

EDIT: I have a version that doesn't cover my face, but I sorta thought this gave it more of a "warrior" look...

Purplepants77

Postby Purplepants77 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:19 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:Ok, new hat for me!

EDIT: I have a version that doesn't cover my face, but I sorta thought this gave it more of a "warrior" look...

Dig the new hat, definitely gives the warrior look. It actually kinda reminds me of Hunter's headgear from Quake 3. Also, smart move warning BlitzGirl via sig-portal, she will be grateful to know what lies ahead I'm sure.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:22 am UTC

I also offer a POPE HAT. Shall it be for the newpage popes, or shall it be saved for BlitzGirl?
Spoiler:
PopeHat1.jpg
Pope Hat

EDIT: SHIT.
Last edited by buffygirl on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:25 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:22 am UTC

That does not look like good ladder safty

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:24 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
StormAngel wrote:
Spoiler:
I also find it hard to believe that nobody already thought to make this:

Nice! Let's see, how would that work as a Garfield Minus Garfield?
It's a sqrt(-Garfield)

Is this the XBOX page?
[edit] No, I was too slow, that was last page.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Purplepants77

Postby Purplepants77 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:28 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Is this the XBOX page?
[edit] No, I was too slow, that was last page.

No, this is the Newpage where we break the cycle.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am UTC

Purplepants77 wrote:
Mycroft_147 wrote: <snip>
Now that religion has slowly become more ritualistic than spiritual...an age of scientific enlightenment perhaps?

I actually was having a really similar train of thought right around the time you posted this, believe it or not. I was mentally admiring the change in attitude as the needle-pulled-thingy progressed (though I have a semi-blank space between the first 10 or so pages and the height of the Church). I literally almost thought exactly "an age of scientific enlightenment" but I cant remember the actual (mental) words I used. Either way, I think you summed it up pretty well, and I liked your last thought too :)

Yay Time!

Well, I tried to spark an age of enlightenment way back on NewPage 223, but back then, no-one could open their mind enough to fully grok the concept. Maybe this is the Time to re-open the discussion?

StratPlayer wrote:
kryton wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
kryton and others... wrote:
"I wonder if he reads this thread and takes into account our ideas."

<snip>

"He doesn't have time since he's churning out these sticky sand/coffee/dandruf/darkmatter/caffinatedsemencancerbaby pixles as fast as he can.
BUT, very likely he has a team of seraphim watching the thread for him"

You know, it occurred to me during my last coma: it might not be necessary to attribute this all to a creator. I mean, maybe this is just a natural phenomenon instead of the work of intelligent design.

Perhaps there are some basic universal laws of pixilization that could be discovered that would fully define Time without having to bring in superstition and belief in some arbitrary 'artist' who supposedly is directing everything that happens...

So pixels could be self arranging the way that last clump of 9 cheerios in the milk always make a comma shape?

Yes! Just because our human brains want to see a pattern, doesn't mean that some mystical forces is at work...

It could just be tidal forces in the milk. Simple, normal, natural phenomenon without any intelligent design.

...and:

StratPlayer wrote:
kryton wrote:
I'm still hoping Randall takes the hint...

But I'm telling you -- there might not BE any 'Randall'. It's natural for us humans to want to attribute everything to some 'daddy in the sky' who does all the drawing. but it might just as well be normal Universal Laws of Pixilization that are simply playing out in front of us.

EDITED 2x for spelling, addition of second quote, and to get the NewPage right...
Last edited by StratPlayer on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:28 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”