1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

HAL9000
Not Red

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:29 am UTC

cmyk wrote:The only Megatron is the original Megatron that somehow defied known material physics and transformed into a gun a fraction of his Decepticon-mode size and mass.

Funny thing is his robot form had a nice hefty laser cannon on its arm. So by transforming, all he does is become more portable.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:30 am UTC

jovialbard wrote:
cmyk wrote:The only Megatron is the original Megatron that somehow defied known material physics and transformed into a gun a fraction of his Decepticon-mode size and mass.

Maybe he was made out of some kind of foam that compressed? A foam that looked and behaved almost exactly like metal... I'll just call it astro-foam and be done with it.

That would be super light.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:32 am UTC

From the Haberdashery!

I have hats for mandvandmaan and for jjjdavidson, because they have avatars upon which I can place a hat. However, I shall wait to post their respective hats until the individual is online.

In the queue:
-macraw83
-vvn
-kieryn (just cuza your awesome graphification)

To the above three: please provide me with a word or concept to inspire me! I need that little grain of sand upon which to base a pearl hat.

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:37 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:

Funny thing is his robot form had a nice hefty laser cannon on its arm. So by transforming, all he does is become more portable.

If I remember correctly, it was so that Starscream could hold and fire him, which makes even less sense.

"NO NO, Starscream! Fire over there!"

[whining] "...Buuuut MEGATRON!"

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:00 am UTC

FLONG...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:08 am UTC

cmyk - I have made a hat for you ..... will you accept it? I quake at my impertinence - you are The Graphics Dude ... please accept my small offering....

fine print: "accepting it" means making it your avatar ... for a little while... seemed you made your avi square so that's what I did, although I'd prefer to crop the left side...

EDIT: damn, I thought he was online ..... so, I have removed the image until a future date.
Last edited by buffygirl on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:27 am UTC

I caught up to page 160! Why is it significant? Well, because, by the first time I posted in the thread, I was about 160 pages behind. Or something.

NOW, I'm 214 pages behind, so apparently it'll take me much longer to catch up to my first post in the thread than I anticipated.

I also find weird that despite all this progress, I'm still reading content from March 30. 21 days behind? It doesn't add up, unless the content per day decreased significantly over time, yet my distance to the last message of the thread keeps increasing. Odd.

Anyway, just posting this landmark because even though I realized I'll never catch up to the present moment (Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:25 pm At the time this sentence was written, the distant past, at the moment I catch up to this message), at least I can keep catching up to my own landmarks.

See you guys in the future.

Preview: Yup, definitively slowed down, last time 3 messages appeared as I tried to post; now, none.
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

THANKS KARHELL!! :)

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:28 am UTC

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Time_Page_299

Megan is building a tower to the heavens but the maddening has gripped our language. We may call it the Tower of Babel. Some say the mound a little close encounters of the third kind. Are we all Crazy? Is she building from that dark matter a singularity creating device?

On this great quest of theirs do they have physical needs? They haven't eaten anything since the beginning of Time and they must be getting hungry. She has told Cueball "sudo go get me a sandwich". He has been gone a while. When will he return with the sandwich?

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:32 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
patzer wrote:We don't have the original hash for the 4am (EDT) frame :(

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/1f4b3b40ba5dabab5a447e5f2d84fb9700d7378b316631a91382295ddd368ddb.png

There you go :)

http://geekwagon.net/projects/xkcd1190/?frame=748 <-- url's from there

That was me once again showing my lack of geek cred, sorry. As I mentioned earlier, I don't know what a hash is, or what it's used for, unless it's of the corned-beef variety. Glad someone else had it.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

vvn

Postby vvn » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:39 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:From the Haberdashery!
In the queue:
-vvn
To the above three: please provide me with a word or concept to inspire me! I need that little grain of sand upon which to base a pearl hat.

I get a hat! Wow. I feel greatly privileged. (Not sure why I deserve one, but I won't question the largess!) I guess now I need an avatar? This will take some thought. The only time I have ever posted a picture of myself on the basic-infrastructure-containing-the-universe (internet) it was wearing a tuxedo and a tinted motorcycle helmet. Hmmm...

EDIT: Users browsing this forum: htom, MobTeeseboose, tibfulv, vvn and 32 guests
The weather must be nice in the Big Room.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:00 am UTC

CACHOLONG...

-- posted by newpixbot

Edit: there is some change, but it's hard to see: looks like Megan is making a window in the top castle.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:16 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Latent22 wrote:
patzer wrote:We don't have the original hash for the 4am (EDT) frame :(

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/1f4b3b40ba5dabab5a447e5f2d84fb9700d7378b316631a91382295ddd368ddb.png

There you go :)

http://geekwagon.net/projects/xkcd1190/?frame=748 <-- url's from there

That was me once again showing my lack of geek cred, sorry. As I mentioned earlier, I don't know what a hash is, or what it's used for, unless it's of the corned-beef variety. Glad someone else had it.

A hash is where you take a data/text string and do a repeatable non reversible conversion to a different data/text string. It sort of like a random number but if you use the same input you always get the same random number output. Randall named each png file with a hash like 1f4b3b40ba5dabab5a447e5f2d84fb9700d7378b316631a91382295ddd368ddb in the above png file. An interesting thing is if we knew the hash function he uses and the method he used to generate them we could predict future hash's and see into the future of the comic. But hash's are very hard to break!

richP

Postby richP » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:24 am UTC

mscha wrote:
Edit: there is some change, but it's hard to see: looks like Megan is making a window in the top castle.

I waited an entire hour for one lightening pixel?

... and the comic keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin
Spoiler:
into the future!

cmyk

Postby cmyk » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:27 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:cmyk - I have made a hat for you ..... will you accept it? I quake at my impertinence - you are The Graphics Dude ... please accept my small offering....

fine print: "accepting it" means making it your avatar ... for a little while... seemed you made your avi square so that's what I did, although I'd prefer to crop the left side...

EDIT: damn, I thought he was online ..... so, I have removed the image until a future date.

But of course I will. I'll pretty much wear anything anyone throws at me. ;)

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:33 am UTC

Vytron wrote:I caught up to page 160! Why is it significant? Well, because, by the first time I posted in the thread, I was about 160 pages behind. Or something.

NOW, I'm 214 pages behind, so apparently it'll take me much longer to catch up to my first post in the thread than I anticipated.

I also find weird that despite all this progress, I'm still reading content from March 30. 21 days behind? It doesn't add up, unless the content per day decreased significantly over time, yet my distance to the last message of the thread keeps increasing. Odd.

Anyway, just posting this landmark because even though I realized I'll never catch up to the present moment (Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:25 pm At the time this sentence was written, the distant past, at the moment I catch up to this message), at least I can keep catching up to my own landmarks.

See you guys in the future.

Preview: Yup, definitively slowed down, last time 3 messages appeared as I tried to post; now, none.

Another Blitzgirl? Clearly not as fast as Blitzgirl, but I guess it's hard to beat lightning. :)
I think I'll send a message.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:34 am UTC

I'd like to thank buffygirl for the new hat. It doesn't quite fit my personality, but for some reason I liked it a little bit.
I shall now be known as The Sleepy Dragon-That-Was-Pope; however, that still doesn't change my role as the SAEWITRBASA.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:36 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:cmyk - I have made a hat for you ..... will you accept it? I quake at my impertinence - you are The Graphics Dude ... please accept my small offering....

Could you make my friend Catherine a hat?

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:

That will invalidate everyone's arguments.
Spoiler:
tman2nd's hat is a cat. My Your argument is invalid.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
tman2nd wrote:

That will invalidate everyone's arguments.
Spoiler:
tman2nd's hat is a cat. My Your argument is invalid.

Oops. :P
I mean, could you make a hat for my friend Catherine?

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:00 am UTC

CURRAJONG...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

htom

Postby htom » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:12 am UTC

Is that the Millennium Falcon, standing on her tail?
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:17 am UTC

htom wrote:Is that the Millennium Falcon, standing on her tail?

A half-constructed one, yes.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:20 am UTC

Working from my phone so I apologize for any formatting crap that may occur. I'm battling the Outside right now so I'm not able to post as often as I'd like. But I am reading all posts and in with you all in spirit. Even while I'm away I Wait for It.

I loved the Oprah! The sand castle brings out the sparkle in her eyes...

But I wonder if everyone missed this, the latest update from Blitzgirl. There was nonmention of it that I saw. I'm pleased to see she's making progress and agree with her dismissal of the false Randall.

BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 320 out of 372 pages.
The Building of the Rooks. NP 597.

I feel I am making progress in my Quest, as I passed two signposts on this leg: here and here. Yet I am still over fifty newpages behind, the lure of the Outside calling me. This is truly a desperate endeavor, my future friends. Current past events include Cueball's Bringing of the Bucket (which he really should have used all along, this being a Sandcastle) and the beginning of Rook Construction. In the thread of Time, there is more speculation by Loopists that the One True Comic will indeed Loop, but diverge from the Original Narrative in some subtle way the second time around. And there has been much hatting by Arch-Cardinal Buffygirl.

An assortment of pastposts:
Spoiler:
Valiant Cookie wrote:I believe I have waited long enough to begin properly Waiting For It. Having formerly declared no allegiance to a proper group of people who wait, I am at a quandary as to what teachings should be followed. Are they NewPix or TimeFrames? or are they both new and old as the Western Paradox people might claim? are the Sandmasons behind everything?

I look to Blitzgirl, First of the True Followers of Time's time, Most True Followerer, and holder of many other fanciful titles, to light my path. Perhaps she will accept the Knight's Temporal. Perhaps she will, in her journey through time, be enlightened to lead a new movement. I will not speculate any further on what kind of state such a adventure through time will leave her in. In any case, I will look to and follow Blitzgirl as my teacher and leader.

I will study Teacher's messages from the past, and wait eagerly for her arrival in the future. For the present, I Wait For It. and Wait for YOU Blitzgirl, travel quickly Teacher, I await your timely arrival.

vvn wrote:I too have these quandaries, and believe that BlitzGirl could be the one true prophet.

I have encountered many foundings of many different religions and organizations on my Quest through Time, and as to whom to follow I can only say this: there are many ways to observe Time, but in the end, we all must Wait for it together. My use of names is interchangeable, and yet I am still understood well enough by you of the future (apparently). The names we use to understand Time are all inferior to a simple newpix, or nüpic, or TimeFrame of the One True Comic.

Exodies wrote:Can you add to the Blitzer's titles "Reader" - I'm partial to stating the obvious and it has a stylish simplicity only to be found in the most expensive boutiques.

It is certainly a true title. I have done much reading lately.

Shepherdess wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:All Hail Sir/Dame* BlitzGirl, First of the Knights Temporal! We, your fellow Knights, salute you, oh Most Regal Reader of Time!!!!

*BlitzGirl's preference titular** statement pending...
** Heh heh... He said "titular"...

All Hail BlitzGirl!

The River is small!

The Sea is big!

Shepherdess wrote:Might I propose that BlitzGirl get her own Wiki page detailing her most noble quest, documenting every milestone and all of the accolades she will have received?

That would be quite useful! Though of course I could not add to it until I have finished my Quest, it being in the Now and myself in the Past (see previous signpost).

tman2nd, Edit on April 18: wrote:Message from the future: Hey Blitzgirl, please join the Temporal Hypotheses and Intelligence Society.

I will note that I have not joined of my own accord any group/sect/religion apart from accepting honorary titles, since I am still quite busy wandering through the Past of the thread of Time. However, should you desire to send me a message from the future bestowing an honorary title from your Society upon me, common courtesy insists that I will not be able to decline it.

On page 317:
Valarya wrote:From page 342... an edit to the past, from my present and your future: Embrace the titles - for they will armour you in your Quest through the madness to come. Madness you, yourself, helped create. Continue to Wait for It and may the titles bestow upon you a sense of comfort in the One True Thread and gratitude to the Followers of all Time for preparing you in what's to come...

Once you sig a screengrab of your titles, breaking it up into two parts so as not to exceed the 100-pixel height limit, there really is no going back.

tastony wrote:Keep going Blitzgirl - you must nearly be home now!!

*sigh*

Valentorg wrote:
partingLance wrote:
Valentorg wrote:After having lurked and watched Time's time from the beginning of Time, and finally became an active participant in Time's time a few pages ago, I propose the founding of a new religion based on a title given to Blitzgirl:

The True Followers of Time's time

I defer leadership of this religion to Blitzgirl if she chooses to lead it. If not, then the religion will require her blessings, naturally.

But rather than envisaging the creation of yet another new religion, I think we should look rather to the hope that Blitzgirl will be able, Redeemer-like, to unite all the squabbling factions under the banner of the One True Comic, such that we cease to dissipate our energies in pointless theological disputes.

Rather a burden, admittedly, to place on the shoulders of one person, however valiant. And reports from Outside suggest that such fond hopes have not been realized there. But so much the worse for the Outside, say I. We live in hope, do we not? What else could be the meaning of "wait for it"?

Even better!

Will Blitzgirl rise to the challenge and bring order to the chaos? Or will she simply carry on, seeking to remain alone in her quest?
Only Time will tell...
Theological disputes are quite human, and are likely to continue even after my arrival in the Now. I am not Randall, after all.

Speaking of which:
Spoiler:
Asthanius wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
edo wrote:
Randall Who Created All wrote:This special message is to commemmorate the Time (Wait for It.) you have devoted to the One True Comic. You have finally completed enough pages of the Holy Text of Time (Wait for It.) to have achieved the number 317, which is significant to my Creatorship in ways you cannot yet fathom.

Too all the faithful who have kept vigilence during this existence, you are truly blessed.

You never waivered in your belief during The Dark Period, nor exalted yourselves above Cueball and Megan during The Happiness Period. You stayed true to the One True Comic when the appointed moderators tested your faith, until I smote them and restored the words to their proper goodness. Through it all, you Wait.

There are some particular among you who deserve to be recognized for their most devouted devoutness.

Helper the First, Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic, is formost blessed as was recognized when chosen to be my Vessel. I have kept him in my Presence for a few frames of Time (Wait for It.) to endow him with additional knowledge of my Plan. Though it may take Time (Wait for It.) for him to fully recall my Instructions when I return him to your existential plane.

Arch-Cardinal buffygirl is blessed, and blessed again, for driving out the wicked possession that she faced in service to the One True Comic. She also makes the best Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich I have ever had.

Cardinal bigcrag92 is blessed for keeping all my Machinations moving as I intended, even to travelling to the Outside to spread the word of Time (Wait for It.), and I bless his birthday as the first Holiday of the One True Comic.

Cardinal KarMann has shown the expectional knowledge I endowed unto him, and henceforth is blessed as the Historian of the Comma of the One True Comic.

Cardinals ubscdt and udscbt are, unknown to themselves, the same entity. Their schizophrenic existence is blessed in my Eyes, so don't anyone tell them and spoil it for her.

Smithers was revealed as the first prophet when he "Called it!" about Megan's return with the tiny trebuchet. All must listen to all revelations I bestow through his being, including no nesting of models.

Dracomax has shown himself to be blessed when he revealed sax should never be casual, and only jam people who are known unto you. As Grand Lord High Inquisitor, he has my Full Authority to use the comfy chair as he sees fit.

Kryton, ordained Space-Pope of the Eastern Unorthodox TimeWaiters, I didn't like you much at the beginning of Time (Wait for It.), but you have shown youself to be the true and rightful leader of your people. All functions you perform are judged correct by my Beautician.

HAL9000, Sir Vincent LongDong née StratPlayer, and all of the Knights Temporal, are vested by my Scrutiny as the defenders of the One True Faith, as long as nothing is asked of them.

AionArap, Grand Master Flush of the Sandmasons, always remember you are in my Eternal Sight. Now give you ALL your money for being the blessed subject of my Vigilence.

Finally, all posters of single posts up to now are also to be considered divinely inspired, and my Apostles. But those with two posts are of the damned, and thrice-posters are an abomination upon my Demesne. The fourth post is crucial to repentence, so that sin can be forgiven. The fifth post restores righteousness upon each of my Subjects.

Now you are all commanded to go forth and spread the Truth of the One True Comic. But do not go Outside, it is an evil place.
_ _

Randall Who Created All

Wait for it.

What'd y'all think? He hath forsaken the |W>+|E> Paradox Church, which is pleasing in our eyes, but you'd think He'd have some pull with the mods, so his first and only post wouldnkt get buried.

>No mention of Blitzgirl
HERESY!

I must agree that the omission of Blitzgirl is, indeed, a sin worthy of severe disciplinary measures. But ... I think he wants to make us even more famous. Thus, loving titles, fame, and general worldly recognition, I must offer my approval.

But is it really a sin? To not include Blitzgirl is to make us all realize how much she has done for us. He cannot give her any greater honor than inscribing her in our thoughts.

StratPlayer wrote:
Latent22 wrote:It is possible that Randall Who Created All couldn't mention Blitzgirl because in the order of time she has not yet reached page 317 ( She is currently located somewhere just after page 254) . After she has passed Page 317 she will have caught up and he can then use a simple edit to go back in time and add her into his original post.

It could be a legitimate revelation from the Lord Randall... Perhaps this was the IT we were instructed to wait for?

And yet... The machinations of Megan and Cueball continue on, unabated, as if unaware of a divine message from the One True Randall. It will take much effort and debate to resolve this...

The Knights Temporal are ready to serve in their fullest capacity of defenders of Time, the One True Comic, and shall give their all* to help resolve this cryptic message!

*Provided we don't have to actually do anything...
This is quite obviously a false Randall. I present to you as evidence this list of spelling errors from his post:

commemmorate
vigilence (x2)
devouted
formost
expectional
youself
repentence

Also to be noted is the use of too when to is required. The One True Randall would never commit seven such errors in just over 600 words. And I would certainly hope that he would mention me, too.

Now that that is cleared up, my Quest continues!
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 am UTC

StratPlayer wrote:But I wonder if everyone missed this, the latest update from Blitzgirl. There was nonmention of it that I saw. I'm pleased to see she's making progress and agree with her dismissal of the false Randall.

Thanks! It must have ended up at the bottom of the last page.

cmyk

Postby cmyk » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:39 am UTC

Hmmm... personally, I'm not seeing it.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:00 am UTC

HAIPHONG...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

htom

Postby htom » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:16 am UTC

cmyk wrote:

Neither am I. There was something, but it's obviously been far too long since I've seen those movies.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

fatness

Postby fatness » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:47 am UTC

cmyk wrote:

I dunno...personally, that made the entire 374 nüpage journey worth it.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:00 am UTC

BOGONG...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:08 am UTC

mscha wrote:BOGONG...

-- posted by newpixbot

This doesn't seem half as big and impressive as the lower castles. Of course, it would be difficult to lug all that sand up there. Maybe Cueball's off getting a bigger bucket.

Also, I'm quite surprised that the Time Cube theory hasn't come up yet. I mean, isn't:

EARTH HAS 4 CORNER

SIMULTANEOUS 4-DAY

TIME CUBE

WITHIN SINGLE ROTATION.

that the most fitting description of this comic to date??

?Sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell.!
!Punctuation marks as footnotes? Why not? It makes footnotes applicable to many sentences per page!

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:16 am UTC

:
And I shall name this new castle..... MEGANTRON
:
It's about time.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:20 am UTC

Eliram wrote::
:

Seconded.

In honor of 4-20 (a uniquely American holiday, I'll note - no 20th month for the rest of the world, or anyone using ISO 8601), I would like to single out frame 420:

Spoiler:

A moment of silence for cueball's mouth.

Retro-future time edit: Dash it all, that's not frame 420 in the slightest. It lied to me!
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:30 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:25 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:From the Haberdashery!

I have hats for mandvandmaan and for jjjdavidson, because they have avatars upon which I can place a hat. However, I shall wait to post their respective hats until the individual is online.

In the queue:
-macraw83
-vvn
-kieryn (just cuza your awesome graphification)

Hmm... maybe "three"? Or "travel". Travel might work too.

In any case, it is time to coma.
Last edited by macraw83 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:27 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:26 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
:

Seconded.

Thanks. I actually think all the castles should have names. (Correct me if I missed it someyow and there's a wiki page somewhere with castle names, history and list of residents)

Start your suggestions.
It's about time.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:29 am UTC

Eliram wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
:

Seconded.

Thanks. I actually think all the castles should have names. (Correct me if I missed it someyow and there's a wiki page somewhere with castle names, history and list of residents)

Start your suggestions.

Fairly sure that's the first time it's been suggested, actually. I'd go for "Mound of Recursion" for the middle castle, or perhaps Mini Manor.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:39 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Eliram wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
:

Seconded.

Start your suggestions.

Fairly sure that's the first time it's been suggested, actually. I'd go for "Mound of Recursion" for the middle castle, or perhaps Mini Manor.

Castle Cantilever on the right side.
EDIT: newpage! Time to coma.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:45 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Eliram wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
:

Seconded.

Start your suggestions.

Castle Cantilever on the right side.
EDIT: newpage! Time to coma.

Hail Pope (Mome)¯ HAL! ..We are still doing that, right? Someone decreed it was no longer a thing, then someone else proclaimed themselves pope on a newpage shortly after. Too many sects® to keep track of!

¯Gender neutral variety? Thothe? Zoxe? Lope?
®He he

partingLance

Postby partingLance » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:54 am UTC

mscha wrote:EVENSONG...

Looks more like a teapot than a castle to me.

mscha, I enjoy all your "---ONG" preludes/introductory titles immensely, but this one in particular, for some reason. I thought immediately of

"Church bell clanging on, just
Trying to get a crowd for Evensong..."

which is, I suppose, a song about Time. (Anyone get the reference -- without googling, I mean?)

SBN wrote:Today, on the outside I tamed the savage beasts1, beat back the encroaching jungle2, did battle with a powerful foe3, and went on a mighty quest4. Then I hurried back to wait for it.

1 Took my Newfoundlands to obedience class.
2 Mowed the lawn.
3 Called my satellite provider to get a new receiver, to replace the one that has failed.
4 Took a nice walk around the park.

Many Outside distractions have kept me away too, but inspired as always by BlitzGirl, I determined to catch up on the needle-pulled thing. The chief distraction had to do with Time, as they understand it on the Outside. To be specific, there was a death in the fambly1. As another old song has it, cambia, todo cambia, but I couldn't help missing the apparent, if possibly illusory, simplicity of the One True Comic.

Still, all said and done, the First and Greatest Commandment has been helpful. I will continue to Wait For It.

1 A cat, but still a beloved fambly member. We'd raised her from kittenhood and all.
StratPlayer wrote:And at this very moment, someone on the Isle of Wight named Bungalo Bill is listening to the 'splat' made from using their family album to squash a beetle, that had ran, helter-skelter, straight for the wild honey pie made by his dear wife Prudence...

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:00 am UTC

SINGSONG...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Kazza3

Postby Kazza3 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:02 am UTC

partingLance wrote:
mscha, I enjoy all your "---ONG" preludes/introductory titles immensely

Indeed-
mscha wrote:CURRAJONG...

mscha wrote:BOGONG...

And I see you may have discovered that Australian place names can be bountiful source of great -ong suffixes.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”