1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

htom

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby htom » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:26 pm UTC

vvn wrote:
mscha wrote:Okay, 10 (Outside) minutes past newpix it is, from now on.

I agree that the contest to post the next TimeFrame is fun, and am glad that the bot is now delayed. However I still think mscha is due kudos for creating it, and more for changing it to check if anyone else had done so before posting. (After all there were two newpix posts with nothing between, so we might have missed it. Reminds me of the "steam engine in the Indy 500" story. Obviously faster, so we make it against the rules. Because we are all here for fun.

So, from me, a hat tip for good coding, and another for good sportsmanship.

Change is change, sometimes good, sometimes bad. This one is good. Kudos ++
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

vvn

Postby vvn » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:29 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:1 Before you ask: No it is not computed, it gets it out of its database...

Wow, you have computed 300K+ images in case we are curious? I tip my hat to you sir.

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:36 pm UTC

Latent22 wrote:Another interesting thing about the DateTime stamps in the OTC PNG files is that it has the TimeZone info as well:

%tEXtdate:create 2013-04-13T07:55:05-04:00 %tEXtdate:modify 2013-04-13T07:55:05-04:00

We can see that the timezone is -04:00 which means 4 hours behind UTC time which would be PST which sounds about right.

Another interesting fact is that PNG files do not need a timestamp. PNG's i've Created by Photoshop do not seem to have these clear text DateTime's in them. So whatever he is using is adding them on. Also many of the files in a sequence all have identical times (with a few exceptions). This means they either have fake time stamps or were all last proccessed as a very fast batch process. The dates go down to 1 second of accuracy so if we look hard enough we may find them jump one second and this would tell us it is a batch process and the timestamps are real world and not made up.

I may be missing something, but I'm in the Eastern Timezone (currently EDT) which is normally -5 UTC, Pacific is -8 UTC, so wouldn't -4 UTC be Atlantic Standard Time?

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:41 pm UTC

cmyk wrote:
Latent22 wrote:Another interesting thing about the DateTime stamps in the OTC PNG files is that it has the TimeZone info as well:

%tEXtdate:create 2013-04-13T07:55:05-04:00 %tEXtdate:modify 2013-04-13T07:55:05-04:00

We can see that the timezone is -04:00 which means 4 hours behind UTC time which would be PST which sounds about right.

Another interesting fact is that PNG files do not need a timestamp. PNG's i've Created by Photoshop do not seem to have these clear text DateTime's in them. So whatever he is using is adding them on. Also many of the files in a sequence all have identical times (with a few exceptions). This means they either have fake time stamps or were all last proccessed as a very fast batch process. The dates go down to 1 second of accuracy so if we look hard enough we may find them jump one second and this would tell us it is a batch process and the timestamps are real world and not made up.

I may be missing something, but I'm in the Eastern Timezone (currently EDT) which is normally -5 UTC, Pacific is -8 UTC, so wouldn't -4 UTC be Atlantic Standard Time?

Sorry I'm hopeless with TimeZones. I think it EDT but because of daylight savings they are currently UTC - 4 hours

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:42 pm UTC

vvn wrote:

I agree that the contest to post the next TimeFrame is fun, and am glad that the bot is now delayed. However I still think mscha is due kudos for creating it, and more for changing it to check if anyone else had done so before posting. (After all there were two newpix posts with nothing between, so we might have missed it. Reminds me of the "steam engine in the Indy 500" story. Obviously faster, so we make it against the rules. Because we are all here for fun.

)
grumble grumble damn missing closing parens....
DAMN! Missed you, vvn! I have a hat for you!
vvn wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:1 Before you ask: No it is not computed, it gets it out of its database...

Wow, you have computed 300K+ images in case we are curious? I tip my hat to you sir.

Well, you COULD tip a hat if you had just stayed online a little a longer!

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:49 pm UTC

azule wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
azule wrote:fun with BBcode

Cut out the parts of a post you aren't responding to, and your posts will look normal. Just a tip (it's happened before, including to me).

I didn't notice a problem. But I am sorry if everyone thought I threw a rainbow up on them. Maybe I should have gone with subtle diffs. hah. But no, I have had more fun with BBcode, so :P.

Go back and look a the post. The nesting of BBtags is somehow screwed up (I don't know the exact problem), so text that should be in quoteblocks isn't, and your user information (avatar, etc) appears below and to the right of your post.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

vvn

Postby vvn » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:54 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:grumble grumble damn missing closing parens....
DAMN! Missed you, vvn! I have a hat for you!

Well, you COULD tip a hat if you had just stayed online a little a longer!

My browser thinks I am online, and you are not. Is this Timeout tag?

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:00 am UTC

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:01 am UTC

For you, vvn. Wear it well.
Attachments
vvn-hat1-s.jpg
vvn-hat1-s.jpg (6.64 KiB) Viewed 10734 times

CatHectic

Postby CatHectic » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:07 am UTC

Kazza3 wrote:If I may, The Undercover Man- Van der Graaf Generator has some strangely relevant lines:

/ lyrics snipped

For those who predict an end to time:
Quartet for the End of Time- Olivier Messiaen

And for the loopists, maybe this:
Perpetual Change- Yes

StratPlayer wrote:So of course, this is the Time for another song reference, just to add more work for our mixoligist! I'm picturing Megan singing to herself:

"The tide is high but I'm holding on..."

Ah, excellent suggestions! I'm adding the newer ideas to the playlist for our listening pleasure, but keeping things simpler for myself by not adding info about it to the wiki page until I catch up to the suggestion again.

I'm also impressed with the civility-within-insanity of the threadizens, and I agree with the delayed-bot solution. And I savor the presumably-temporary slowdown in thread activity due to Megan's drawn-out fussing and fiddling -- I am guessing that it is the necessary groundwork for some new and startling revelation, but in the meantime it gives us a period of calmer and more reflective Waiting For It (and gives Blitzgirl a better chance to catch up!).

Hm -- I'm not much for religions, popes, prophets and all (though I've certainly enjoyed watching the Knightly doings, derring or no), so when she arrives, I don't expect Blitzgirl to act Holy or perform Miracles.1 She isn't It. But since she is definitely one of the things we are Waiting for, I am wondering if that makes her an It Girl?2

1 My granddaddy always told me only asses make Assumptions, anyway...
2 Not the type from Camazotz.
Your Larghissimographer, collector of the xkcd Time Travel Mix

Keep going, BlitzGirl the Next (that's you, Vytron! And you too, edo!): remember, tempo rubato, tempo di fulmineo! Please keep sending us news of your progress, with all your blitz class and blitz style...

vvn

Postby vvn » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:09 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:For you, vvn. Wear it well.

Kneels ceremoniously to accept the hat.
"I shall wear it with pride!" (And some madness..)

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:02 am UTC

PRONG
Down the ladder she goes.
Last edited by Latent22 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

vvn

Postby vvn » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:03 am UTC

Ninja'd

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:07 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Latent22 wrote: <snip>
Just would be interesting to look at what Randall has been up to and when he has actually been making the images.

I believe he's making them just in Time... :wink:

Your sig takes me back to college ... too many guitars playing Grateful Dead while we all smok- studied.

:lol:

I defer from commenting extensively lest I incriminate myself, now that I'm all upright and responsible, but let's just say that I had a similar college experience (and many years after, before stepping on to the straight and narrow)...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

Mycroft_147

Postby Mycroft_147 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:11 am UTC

cmyk wrote:+.99999999999999...

The last megaconversation I had on xkcd the was about that very number... :shock: I think I hates it.
This is my croft. There are many like it. But this one is mine.

I am from the Before Time, in the Long Long Ago

Founder of THIS
(The Temporal Hypotheses and Intelligence Society)

(Leaves behind another piece of candy for Blitzgirl.)

cmyk

Postby cmyk » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:11 am UTC

Megan, Noooo!

...In the Time of Newpix where the Shadows lie.
One Comic to rule them all, One Comic to find them,
One Comic to bring them all and in the madness bind them
In the Time of Newpix where the Shadows lie.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:14 am UTC

htom wrote:
vvn wrote:

Change is change, sometimes good, sometimes bad. This one is good. Kudos ++

I agree. Excellent attitude and great job putting in the Time and effort to make this!
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

cmyk

Postby cmyk » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:14 am UTC

Mycroft_147 wrote:

The last megaconversation I had on xkcd the was about that very number... :shock: I think I hates it.

In a thread about infinite recursion, convergence, and Zeno's Paradox, I think it's apropos despite the intense emotion is may stir among nerd and geek kind alike.

edo

Postby edo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:16 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:But I wonder if everyone missed this, the latest update from Blitzgirl. There was nonmention of it that I saw. I'm pleased to see she's making progress and agree with her dismissal of the false Randall.

Thanks! It must have ended up at the bottom of the last page.

does that make BlitzGirl permanent Pope?
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

htom

Postby htom » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:17 am UTC

cmyk wrote:Megan, Noooo!
Spoiler:

Oh my. We likes The Precious. Oh wait, what character am I channeling?
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:17 am UTC

Wha'chu Tolkein 'bout, Willis?

Mycroft_147

Postby Mycroft_147 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:58 am UTC

cmyk wrote:
Mycroft_147 wrote:

In a thread about infinite recursion, convergence, and Zeno's Paradox, I think it's apropos despite the intense emotion is may stir among nerd and geek kind alike.

Oh yes, quite fitting lol
Edit: Did NOT get sucked into debate. I feel so grown up! lol
Last edited by Mycroft_147 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
This is my croft. There are many like it. But this one is mine.

I am from the Before Time, in the Long Long Ago

Founder of THIS
(The Temporal Hypotheses and Intelligence Society)

(Leaves behind another piece of candy for Blitzgirl.)

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:00 am UTC

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:01 am UTC

Ninja'd
Well, thanks for the fix anyway, mscha!

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:02 am UTC

Blitzgirl will come as the Whistle Bearer to throw the Whistle of Temporal Harmony into the semencancercoffeebabbylavamountain restoring peace to Newpixia and establishing Cueball as its king who wields the Trebuchet that once was broken.
Last edited by tman2nd on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:41 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

edo

Postby edo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:11 am UTC

SBN wrote:If the bot was encouraging discussion that would be one thing. But since the bot got turned on, discussion has decreased, and for some of us at least, so has the fun. I'd hope that the ONG isn't the only creativity we have left. I wouldn't mind some sort of backup to the humans, but I don't like the bot the way it is.

Correlation not Causality - in fact, there was a missed Gong, I assume ye wanted to prevent it from happening again. None of the moving pics work on my phone, so I'm appreciative.

Perhaps it could be modified to allow for others to post first (I suspect a lot more work)
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

Purplepants77

Postby Purplepants77 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:13 am UTC

Wow... I have finally caught up after my many Newpix away and I dare say it was laborious. This needle-pulled-thingy continues to forge on and left me far behind in Time during my temporary stay Outside. Fortunately for me (and BlitzGirl, of course!) during the period for which I was away, very little of our plot seemed to unfold1 and consequently, the volume of posts was substantially smaller than what I expected2, allowing for me to catch up before my next coma. miraculously

Anyway, I really don't want to bother going through and quoting everything, but this has been interesting (and quite humorous at times) to read. Definitely a great way to keep up on the Times in instances of not having been there my/your/oneself! Great to hear from BlitzGirl (she's almost reached my first post!) and I love the compromises with the bot posting and of course all the funny references, images (particularly Oprah, the Millennium Falcon, and Cueball vs the wall) and overall path of... "conversation". Since I'm obviously in the in the position of authority to say such things after a whopping 123 posts, I will say:

"Job well done here guys/als. You've really outdone yourselves while I was away. Keep up the good work and you might really go places! ... Not that we really want to be anywhere else. So... Do what you want? Maybe! Its been working so far! So, um..Yeah. .... Now, uh... get back to work! Or something."

1 based on the quantifiable4 activity taking place on a per-Newpix basis. There are no implications thus far that the most recent Newpix are not revealing events much more important to the overall plot than previously seen. That is to say, the amount of activity between each Newpix may not be balanced on an internal time standard, but perhaps a weighted standard based off of importance to the overall events of the OTC as a whole, as Randall intends it be interpreted.[citation needed] In such a case, one would expect the remaining TimeFrames to detail more events centered more on the "3rd level" creations than we have seen on the levels below.
2 what I would have predicted in the present past after knowing what I do in the past future. I never really had expectations to start with other than being "very much behind"
3 13 I believe if you count this one! Wooo! Lucky 13!
4 based on direct correlations to the time and effort required to complete any given task in "Outside". It is possible that Newpixia does not adhere to physical limitations of Outside space-time.[disputed]

EDIT: I meant to include this little tidbit of information: I've often wanted to get a custom license plate with an xkcd comic number or something like XKCD 915... but as of several Newpix ago, I've changed my mind. When I get custom plates, they will read: WAIT4IT. And then all who see me will know what Its about. I figure its the closest I can get to "Time: Wait for it." yanno? Yup, just thought I'd mention that. :)
Last edited by Purplepants77 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:42 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Still blitzing away and will be for some time.

Current Location: NP 1432
NP from Present: 891
Current Progress: 61.6%

htom

Postby htom » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:14 am UTC

edo wrote:
SBN wrote:If the bot was encouraging discussion that would be one thing. But since the bot got turned on, discussion has decreased, and for some of us at least, so has the fun. I'd hope that the ONG isn't the only creativity we have left. I wouldn't mind some sort of backup to the humans, but I don't like the bot the way it is.

Correlation not Causality - in fact, there was a missed Gong, I assume ye wanted to prevent it from happening again. None of the moving pics work on my phone, so I'm appreciative.

Perhaps it could be modified to allow for others to post first (I suspect a lot more work)

It has been, now not posting until ten minutes after the NewPic.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:16 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:PRONG
Down the ladder she goes.

Good thing I was ninja'd on the last newpix. I had missed that Latent22 used the -ONG word that I was going to use.

Great, now I have to come up with another one.

FTFM

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:25 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:Aaaaaaand .... here are three hats (got tired of Waiting to post until the individuals were online)
[snip]
jjjdavidson - Yes, it is a hat. It is!! A hat made of hair. Looks good on the clerk, I think.
[snip]

Wow... I literally don't know what to say about this hat. I shall name it Hatwig and use it to carry messages to my friends. I shall wear it in awe and wonder. (I wonder whose hair it was?)

Thank you, buffygirl!
tman2nd wrote:Could you give my friend Catherine a hat?

I think it's obvious that tman2nd has an Old Gumbie Cat. Clearly tman2nd needs a hat wearing a cat. "All day she sits beside the hearth or in the sun or on my hat..."

Edit: Wow again... in my wonder I forgot to say thanks! Long weekend, on my feet, away from Time, not yet caught up, way overdue for coma. But had to try on my new Hatwig first.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:40 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:

I think it's obvious that tman2nd has an Old Gumbie Cat. Clearly tman2nd needs a hat wearing a cat. "All day she sits beside the hearth or in the sun or on my hat..."

This. Changing my request to a hat wearing my friend Catherine. :D

EDIT: Her name is Lena, by the way.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:00 am UTC

THRONG!

8c832fdf5644ece520df495ad54fdfb03ed1c45347c13f032762767a6fea3114.png
8c832fdf5644ece520df495ad54fdfb03ed1c45347c13f032762767a6fea3114.png (10.86 KiB) Viewed 10529 times

Did she fall down?

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:04 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:

This. Changing my request to a hat wearing my friend Catherine. :D

EDIT: Her name is Lena, by the way.

You can't dooooo that!?!! I was wasting my time trying to make a hat for your cat and now?!?? *sighs* thank the gods. All I could come up with was a sombrero. Over and over, a sombrero....

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:17 am UTC

Ok i've exported all the create/modify times from the raw png files.

Spoiler:
Here is the output up to frame 789:
http://pastebin.com/L01PsXn0

original they started out with 27/3 created date (which was 2 days after the comic started!) and the modified date was 24/3 or the day before it started. There are a few odd frames like 2,5,7,20
Then at frame 38 it changes to modified on 25/3 at 2:54:32 (Randall be staying up late!) which goes until frame 160
Then from frame 161 to 597 we have another batch dated 25/3 00:56:32 which is before the pervious batch. There are many small sections that have more recent mod times which suggests he kept fiddling and twerking as he went.
Then from frame 598 to 636 we have another batch dated 27/3 19:25:23
Then from frame 637 to 653 we have another batch dated 27/3 22:03:46

And Then we get another change. All the previous frames have the same 27/3 created time which means he had one file he has duplicated and modified many times to make the comic meaning it keeps the same created time. However the batches after this point he has recreated the file or changed his process as the create and modify times both change now but they are the same.

Next frame 654 - 674 has created and modified the same at 30/3 9:26:52
Then frame 675 - 680 has created and modified the same at 12/4 9:54:33
Then frame 681 has created and modified the same at 12/4 9:56:09
Then frame 682 - Now has created and modified the same at 13/4 7:55:05

So we can be quite confident I think that the modified times are quite accurate and do show when he was working on changing or adding to the comic. It seems he had it all done before hand up to frame 597 and has come back and spent time adding to it. So there is hope that he will keep it going.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:20 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:*sighs* thank Randall. All I could come up with was a sombrero. Over and over, a sombrero....

FTFY. :)

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:23 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:THRONG!

[attachment=0]8c832fdf5644ece520df495ad54fdfb03ed1c45347c13f032762767a6fea3114.png[attachment]

Did she fall down?

No, she's lying down, á la Newpix 9-19.
EDIT: pope'd
Last edited by HAL9000 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:23 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:23 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:Edit: Wow again... in my wonder I forgot to say thanks! Long weekend, on my feet, away from Time, not yet caught up, way overdue for coma. But had to try on my new Hatwig first.

You're welcome!

CatHectic

Postby CatHectic » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:23 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:You can't dooooo that!?!! I was wasting my time trying to make a hat for your cat and now?!?? *sighs* thank Randall. All I could come up with was a sombrero. Over and over, a sombrero....

I think we have the same memory infecting our brains, buffygirl:

The Cat in the Hat: Cat, hat, in French, chat, chapeau. In Spanish, el gato in a sombrero.
And i'll tell you something more now, you listen to me good. In German, I'm a katze und dies ist mein hut. Ist das nicht ein katze hut?
Kids: Ya, das ist ein katze hut! Katze hut! Katze hut! Ya, das ist ein katze hut!
Your Larghissimographer, collector of the xkcd Time Travel Mix

Keep going, BlitzGirl the Next (that's you, Vytron! And you too, edo!): remember, tempo rubato, tempo di fulmineo! Please keep sending us news of your progress, with all your blitz class and blitz style...

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:26 am UTC

descor wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:Thanks for adding the 5-minute gap though, mscha. It's long enough to give the fleshbags a chance, but still will put up the newpix if nobody else does. (sorry if I was kinda rude earlier, by the way. I get like that when I'm really tired.)

Wow, still no flame war; I was sure that the bot was going to be a bone of contention, but a sensible response from everyone. I love you guys!

You know, when I first heard about the pressure cooker bombs in Boston, I, like many others, thought of that recent What-if. I started reading the xkcd thread about the bombing. People were talking about destructive capacities of various bombs, racism, etc. Posts were becoming unpleasant, tempers were flaring, it was not fun. I ran with all haste back to this thread, where one of us makes hats for fellow posters on request, other folks are crunching numbers for everyone, and we're all cheering on someone we've never met. Remember way back when there was a post from someone (don't remember who it was) who asked if we could please just discuss the comic. He kind of called us posers. But no one got offended or upset. People just thought it was cool he used the word "granfoolery." And now this lovely resolution with the bot. You people are nice, and funny, and fun, and clever and talented. It's is so cool to hang out with you this way.

So, what I want to know is, when is TimeCon: The One True Convention?

I know, I know. Wait for it.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:27 am UTC

CatHectic wrote:
buffygirl wrote:You can't dooooo that!?!! I was wasting my time trying to make a hat for your cat and now?!?? *sighs* thank Randall. All I could come up with was a sombrero. Over and over, a sombrero....

I think we have the same memory infecting our brains, buffygirl:

The Cat in the Hat: Cat, hat, in French, chat, chapeau. In Spanish, el gato in a sombrero.
And i'll tell you something more now, you listen to me good. In German, I'm a katze und dies ist mein hut. Ist das nicht ein katze hut?
Kids: Ya, das ist ein katze hut! Katze hut! Katze hut! Ya, das ist ein katze hut!

Noooo ooooooo ooooooo !!!!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”