1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

kryton

Re: 1190: "Time":Rest Stop

Postby kryton » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:39 pm UTC

FayZee wrote:
kryton wrote:
mscha wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
kryton wrote:<snip>

This was funny. However, I can't help but point out that it's "endeavo(u)r" with an "a." Also, offal is, from WIkipdia, "variety meats or organ meats, refers to the internal organs and entrails of a butchered animal." I hope that's not what we're covered in after traversing Time. That would be awful. (get it? awful? offal?)

I think the offal is intended, and makes sense: that's what's left of the cancerbabies in the sea after many NewPages have past, no?
What I'm missing from kryton's hilarious post (I bet Douglas Adams is ROFLing in his grave) is: how can I get my towel serviced?

The management would like to thank you for your suggestion that will benefit other travelers and has hired the Alternatine History Engineerinc ltd. to retroactively make the stay of the past travelers more enjoyable than it was. Feel free to peruse the premises at

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&p=3334914#p3334914

I really enjoyed the original amusing post when I came upon it, but the later edits rock even more.
Each edit was d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s in its wording. I could visualise the exact demeanour of the speakhhhhh writer.

Rest Stop Imperpetuate is pleased to announce the station has obtained the required 5 forumpages descent into the past and has activated its interquantum reactor, ensuring that it is active and ready for Blitzgirl and her pilgrims following in her footsteps. For those wishing to tour the facility, the portal (link above) is still active. We are delighted that you have shown interest in the services that Rest Stop Imperpetuate can offer to the most discriminating customers, and look forward to future business that will has already been concluded. For those who wish to engage in the thrill and excitement of trespass and vandalism, we applaud your adventurous spirit and desire that you feel assured that the hiring staff at R.S.I has gone to excess in hiring the most congenial and professional of private police officers, attorneys, judges, and prison guards, so that your apprehension, prosecution and incarceration will be among the high points of your foreshortened existence and a tale you will joyfully convey to your family members as you converse with them on the alternate Tuesday visitation days through our exclusive Dolby 32.5 surround sound prison-visitation intercom system.
Last edited by kryton on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
1298 and counting

Flotter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Flotter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:41 pm UTC

manvandmaan wrote:
Flotter wrote:
Drakeesh wrote:Wow I sure missed a lot during that Coma, Thanks be to Megan for saving the Right Flag!

However, now that the Right Flag is no longer the Right Flag, I shall need a new Knightly Title. What are your thoughts, o great members of the Knights Temporal?

"Defender of the Third Flag From the Right, Formerly the Right Flag"?
"Defender of the Flag Closest to the Central Mass"?

I say you failed your task ;)

[edit]
Though the flag has been recovered, it is not lost forever, which is a good thing.

As a Knight Temporal, he did everything he is allowed by the creed1. So actually, he did a pretty good job! He lived by the creed and the flag is still safe! Give that man a medal! albeit a small one, since Megan did most of the work.

1Nothing.

I must admit I wasn't aware of that creed. I'm sorry, I'm going to sit in a corner now, feeling ashamed.

kryton

Postby kryton » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:51 pm UTC

Latent22 wrote:
KarMann wrote:I'm starting to think that some of my fellow Time Waiters (of various hues) might not realize that the word 'gullible' isn't in the dictionary.

Ha! Found it in my dictionary.

Point to KarMann, Love-15.
1298 and counting

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:51 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Kieryn wrote:May the wait be well waited.
May the time be well slated.
Blitzgirl be elevated,
To the latest of pages.
Let us all be elated,
As be we caffeinated,
And hunger abated,
We watch time. Pixelated.

Oh and also... Just did this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLY8TJJ4sw

FTFY. And the video is cool.

Thanks!
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

Drakeesh

Postby Drakeesh » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:53 pm UTC

Drakeesh wrote:Wow I sure missed a lot during that Coma, Thanks be to Megan for saving the Right Flag!

However, now that the Right Flag is no longer the Right Flag, I shall need a new Knightly Title. What are your thoughts, o great members of the Knights Temporal?

"Defender of the Third Flag From the Right, Formerly the Right Flag"?
"Defender of the Flag Closest to the Central Mass"?

Edit(1,2,3,4) to add suggestions:
"Defender of the Towerless flag"
"I Failed, but not completely" (Paraphrased)
"Defender of the Wholly Threatened Flags (WTF)"
"Keeper of the shards of the shattered Right tower"

Thanks for the very fast suggestions :)

I am leaning towards "Defender of the Former Right Flag, Keeper of the Shards of the Shattered Right Tower"
Sir Aheem, Defender of the Former Right Flag, Keeper of the Shards of the Shattered Right Tower

kryton

Postby kryton » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:59 pm UTC

vvn wrote:
Latent22 wrote:Sorry for my last two joke posts. It is an interesting idea. The hash data is random and looks very different to executable machine code. In theory it could be a compressed file but then we should see a header with the file type.

Don't be sorry, it's valid idea. I don't know enough about .exe files to interpret the first portion as hex data, but you never know. Randall could be very clever with the games he plays. The more unlikely a theory, the more kudos you get if it turns out to be true. (But, unlikely theories don't get serious kudos until there is some evidence.)

I always admire someone that has an idea that would never occur to me. It doesn't matter if it's right, I never would have thought of it.

an intriguing idea, but wouldn't you have to translate it from hex to binary first?
1298 and counting

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:04 pm UTC

Biong
[Edit:]...And Megan is still gone...
buffygirl wrote:Jafloi, [...] I do hereby annoint you as Cardinal Jafloi of the Chicken Salad Sandwich, mayo optional.
...and Lightscribe (woodworker of time)

BlitzGirl: "wait fast, but wait well" *And good luck with the rest of your journey!!*You made it! Welcome!

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:08 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Flotter wrote:Is she gone or just hidden?

If you look at the last three newpix, she's probably behind (or in front of, how would we see the difference?) Recursivestein.
Or maybe that's just wishful thinking, and I'm afraid the alternative is a bunch on newpix without change (apart from a subpixel sea level here and there).

So it's the latter. :(
Only change in the current newpix is a few subpixels of sea level rise.

Edit: we might get a period of extended sea rise, Inside time seems to move faster when nobody is around (and awake). Or maybe not. Only Randall knows...
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:26 pm UTC

VoronX wrote:
jovialbard wrote:First to post is cannon! Muahahaha, a rule for chaos!

Cannon? Or is that trebuchet? (I think you meant "canon"...) ;-)

Derp. You are correct, sir!

lmjb1964 wrote:
jovialbard wrote:Alsoso, she is a damn poet. Maybe I'll record some of her songs if I have time tomorrow night, tonight I must rehearse for a play, the out-time will not halt for the True Time.

Great idea! What play are you rehearsing for, btw?

25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (as Panch)

I could barely sleep last night thinking about my project for this evening (aka ~9 longpix from now). I was thinking of doing the Buble song but I realized it was from her perspective so instead I decided to write my own. :D It's been a while since I've messed around with video editing though. If I succeed I'll be sure not to tell anyone on this thread how I did it, to minimize facepalmage.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:36 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:
VoronX wrote:
jovialbard wrote:First to post is cannon! Muahahaha, a rule for chaos!

Cannon? Or is that trebuchet? (I think you meant "canon"...) ;-)

Derp. You are correct, sir!

lmjb1964 wrote:
jovialbard wrote:Alsoso, she is a damn poet. Maybe I'll record some of her songs if I have time tomorrow night, tonight I must rehearse for a play, the out-time will not halt for the True Time.

Great idea! What play are you rehearsing for, btw?

25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (as Panch)

I could barely sleep last night thinking about my project for this evening (aka ~9 longpix from now). I was thinking of doing the Buble song but I realized it was from her perspective so instead I decided to write my own. :D It's been a while since I've messed around with video editing though. If I succeed I'll be sure not to tell anyone on this thread how I did it, to minimize facepalmage.

As long as it's only facepalmage, and not headdesking.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:58 pm UTC

Another relevant song just came up on my iPod: Grain of Sand by Monty Harper

I am a small grain of sand
I am a piece of the land
A crystal of quartz; A Time-piece of sorts
Absorbing the energy at hand
A patient and ancient grain
of sand

Even the sandcoffeebabysnow Waits for it.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:02 pm UTC

KabONG
They're both back!
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:02 pm UTC

manvandmaan wrote:
Flotter wrote:FONG:
Spoiler:

The new dike is a bit steeper now.

I wonder if she'll shape it. Another tower for the flag? Just as long as she doesnt spent ages on detailing like on the last one :) though that was very beautiful off course!

Good call! Didn't seem to take her long at all.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

silent_death

Postby silent_death » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:02 pm UTC

Edit: Ninja´d - Dammit, and here I thought I could make it this time :D

Spoiler:
Ding-Dong

They are back! Wohooo
- former Expecto Space Bishop Temporas of the Church of Eastern unorthodox Timewaiters

GerardE

Postby GerardE » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:03 pm UTC

cmyk wrote:
manvandmaan wrote:
Flotter wrote:FONG:
Spoiler:

The new dike is a bit steeper now.

I wonder if she'll shape it. Another tower for the flag? Just as long as she doesnt spent ages on detailing like on the last one :) though that was very beautiful off course!

Good call! Didn't seem to take her long at all.

A nice hat would be nice.
Wait for IT. Business always complaining.

Magdiragdag

Postby Magdiragdag » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

Flado wrote:KabONG

They're both back!

Cueball to the rescue!
I wait for it, therefore I am.

cmyk

Postby cmyk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:06 pm UTC

They're both back!

Looks like she grabbed him to show him what happened while he was taking a poop.

Maybe the title of the OTC was a typo, and Randall meant to name it "Tide".

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:07 pm UTC

silent_death wrote:Edit: Ninja´d - Dammit, and here I thought I could make it this time :D

Sorry - total coincidence.
Also, cool: I'm a ninja on my first newpixong 8-)
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

foilman

Postby foilman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:11 pm UTC

Will there be a small beret-wearing girl following them in?

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:12 pm UTC

cmyk wrote:
They're both back!

Looks like she grabbed him to show him what happened while he was taking a poop.

Maybe the title of the OTC was a typo, and Randall meant to name it "Tide".

But time and tide wait for noone LaPetite.
“have i gone mad?

cmyk

Postby cmyk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:16 pm UTC

kryton wrote:
CatHectic wrote:Haiku and markov chains and everything else = awesome!

I was googling some lyrics earlier (to make sure I had the right song) and came across this eerie reference to sand and time, had to share:

Twilight Zone, Season 1, Episode 7: The Lonely

[Opening Narration] Witness if you will a dungeon, made out of mountains, salt flats and sand that stretch to infinity. The dungeon has an inmate: James A. Corry. And this is his residence: a metal shack. An old touring car that squats in the sun and goes nowhere - for there is nowhere to go. For the record let it be known that James A. Corry is a convicted criminal placed in solitary confinement. Confinement in this case stretches as far as the eye can see, because this particular dungeon is on an asteroid nine million miles from the Earth. Now witness if you will a man's mind and body shriveling in the sun, a man dying of loneliness.

[Closing Narration] On a microscopic piece of sand that floats through space is a fragment of a man's life. Left to rust is the place he lived in and the machines he used. Without use, they will disintegrate from the wind and the sand and the years that act upon them. All of Mr. Corry's machines, including the one made in his image, kept alive by love, but now obsolete - in The Twilight Zone.

Anyone else remember this episode?

Yes, in fact, I do indeed.

Likewise. Seen this episode a few times. Very forlorn in tone... Not sure it's where Randall's taking this comic, however.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:21 pm UTC

They're both back!

Wait, is that Cueball, or Rob?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

cmyk

Postby cmyk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:25 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
They're both back!

It's Robball.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:27 pm UTC

Quest progress: 351 out of 391 pages.
The Next Level. NP 692.

Alas, extensive coma'ing left me behind my newpage pace, so I have some Reading ahead of me for the next longpix or so. I pass more Chaos along the thread of Time, where pastposters find themselves Waiting for I.T. and dreaming up ways that the end of Time will come to pass (something about an imminent tsunami). Pope-by-Page is still off for me, though not as severely as it was. And for some reason, the thread-dwellers of the past are voting on TimeFrames to symbolize the One True Comic. Seems like a waste of Time to me, as there is no One True Frame, and we still don't know what exciting newpix lie in our futures.

As for the past, here's a relevant gem from the past that I happened across (Wait for it):
Spoiler:
cmyk wrote:Image

And an assortment of further pastposts:
Spoiler:
SPACKlick wrote:All hail Pope/Mope/Mome/Pome Blitzgirl (i refuse to acknowledge the papacy of chem1190c)

Pome is a good one, but I prefer its alternate spelling, Poem. :wink:

manvandmaan wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
manvandmaan wrote:
histrion wrote:How do you pronounce "BlitzGirl?"

HE-RO.

You mean I've been pronouncing my own name wrong this whole time?!

Yes.
But it's OK! Here, have a Croissant!

I don't know if a Croissant is enough to quell the existential angst associated with audibly calling oneself the wrong name for hundreds of longpix. *eats anyway*

Febrion wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
mscha wrote:The microtrebuchet, and the ground it was standing on, appear to be lost forever.

NOOOOOO

Unless, of course, some intrepid Temporal Knight will have already travelled back and pocketed said trebuchet before the accident. A noble quest indeed!

*reaches into vest-of-many-pockets*
*pulls out tiny trebuchet*
When did I pick THIS up? I don't remember that at ALL.
(Though I will soon, I suspect.)

```~~**~* !whirly time ripple! *~**~~```

Oh, now I remember.
*puts tiny trebuchet back in pocket*

PhoenixRising wrote:
Caswallon wrote:
iisjreg wrote:That brief moment of ninja editing is disconcerting. ALL EDITS MUST BE KNOWN TO BALANCE TIME AND BLITZGIRL.

Why am I suddenly tempted to start going back and editing my old posts so they contains quotes from the future? Or worse yet, swap them around. I could go back and make it appear that I preempted every comment! Wow, time travel is a powerful thing. *feels the power*

You wouldn't be the first, judging by some the stuff BlitzGirl has found. But the chaos caused is terrible, since we have no way of seeing what post(s) is (are) edited without re-reading the entire thread. Gonna take a Time Lord Randall himself to fix the disaster if you edit something located earlier in Time than BlitzGirl's current location, since afaik nobody else is reading the entire thread, so nobody would be able to tell us you made the edits...

Please don't change my past unless you really, really have to (see above).

Some sigcouragement, some warnings:
Spoiler:
XonqNopp wrote:Hurray for BlitzGirl!! You would will almost joined us in the present of Time!!

That's more like it!

lmjb1964 wrote:Blitzgirl, your poetry from the past gives us much joy here in the present/future.

As do the rhymes I recieve from you in the Now!

Pastsongs and futurepoems are sublime
To hear along the thread of Time

Latent22 wrote:BlitzGirl!!!!! I have a hat for you. If you wear it your future will be most awesome!

But...
I LIKE MY HAT.
I guess I can wear it for a while, though. It wasn't specified how long I would have to wear it to have a most awesome future, right?
(And isn't buffygirl in charge of hatting around here?)

manvandmaan wrote:BlitzGirl, do you by any chance have a beret?
and also: I'll make sure those Croissants are oven-fresh when you arrive!
AND EVEN MORE ALSO: WATCH OUT FOR THE TEARS!

Well, I do now. Yum croissants! And what's this about tears? Are they extra-salty or something?

tman2nd wrote:Things are calming down in the present. Keep going Blitzgirl! And you, too Vytron. And anyone else who is traveling through time.
Beware of the Rest Stop Imperpetuate.

Well, I've always been wary of rest stops. Something about scary public restrooms.

Purplepants77 wrote:Now that I have a sig, I can use it to encourage BlitzGirl too!
Um...
*encourages BlitzGirl*
Did it work?

Yes. :D
Onward! Newpages to go, and all that.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

GerardE

Postby GerardE » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:28 pm UTC

Will they be three, with LaPetite holding Cueball's hand?
Wait for IT. Business always complaining.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:29 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:Defender of the Wholly Threatened Flags (WTF)

^This.

manvandmaan wrote:Yes, I'm sorry, but I can explain! My native language is Dutch and the Dutch word for beret is baret!
Since most of you are of the English tongue, I have edited the sig.

That's cool that your Dutch word was used. If we're getting pedantic about the word beret, maybe we should just use the French spelling. :mrgreen:

123Adz321 wrote:Fellow Time Waiters, I have travelled far, and finished my journey through this thread from the newpage 185. Unlike the legendary BlitzGirl, I have travelled in silence.

I now join you in the present ongoing adventure.

Squeaky travelers get oiled. You missed out on the oil wrestling. Think: trying to catch a greased pig.
Oh, and welcome to the present. Congrats.

Kieryn wrote:What if Randall has encoded an audio message, where each frame represents one data point of a wave file?

Except he may have changed the head position of some frames and therefore which version (original or new) is used for data? I think the best idea is that of using the hashes as hexadecimal data. I think we won't be provided some of the hex, so we would have to experiment with adding the headers ourselves.

Whizbang wrote:I think her water broke when the little damn/dyke/waterline marker broke.

...And then the child showed up soon after. Coincidence?

cellocgw wrote:'epub' (which is really a 'zip' anyway)

Having tried to make an epub, I can tell you they are not the same. Epub must be compiled in a specific order, with the compressed "zip" portion included beside the "metadata".
Last edited by azule on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:33 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

enumerated powers

Postby enumerated powers » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:32 pm UTC

I took a little liberty with Patzer's avatar...

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:39 pm UTC

BlitzGirl prediction now 483, the average prediction still hovers around 470.

On an unrelated note, now that somebody has proposed starting a new-age religion our needle-pulled society is almost caught up with contemporary Outside society. I'm excited to see what happens when we surpass the Outside so that I know what to expect in the Outside.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:41 pm UTC

enumerated powers wrote:I took a little liberty with Patzer's avatar...

but if I enquire within, then I'll get wet with some sort of amber colored liquid.

I think I'll pass.
“have i gone mad?

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:57 pm UTC

foilman wrote:Will there be a small beret-wearing girl following them in?

GerardE wrote:Will they be three, with LaPetite holding Cueball's hand?

The "white space" on the left, that in the past let us know if one or both were present, now suspiciously teases us with not being able to see 3 persons. LaPetite either comes (not Mort) or is a ghost until another unaware moment.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:01 pm UTC

azule wrote:
foilman wrote:Will there be a small beret-wearing girl following them in?

GerardE wrote:Will they be three, with LaPetite holding Cueball's hand?

The "white space" on the left, that in the past let us know if one or both were present, now suspiciously teases us with not being able to see 3 persons. LaPetite either comes (not Mort) or is a ghost until another unaware moment.

That's true. Hadn't noticed until now, but Cueball's arm extends off the frame, and is positioned in a way that seems like he's pulling/leading something/someone.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:03 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 351 out of 391 pages.
Spoiler:
The Next Level. NP 692.

Alas, extensive coma'ing left me behind my newpage pace, so I have some Reading ahead of me for the next longpix or so. I pass more Chaos along the thread of Time, where pastposters find themselves Waiting for I.T. and dreaming up ways that the end of Time will come to pass (something about an imminent tsunami). Pope-by-Page is still off for me, though not as severely as it was. And for some reason, the thread-dwellers of the past are voting on TimeFrames to symbolize the One True Comic. Seems like a waste of Time to me, as there is no One True Frame, and we still don't know what exciting newpix lie in our futures.

As for the past, here's a relevant gem from the past that I happened across (Wait for it):
[spoiler]
cmyk wrote:Image

And an assortment of further pastposts:
Spoiler:
SPACKlick wrote:All hail Pope/Mope/Mome/Pome Blitzgirl (i refuse to acknowledge the papacy of chem1190c)

Pome is a good one, but I prefer its alternate spelling, Poem. :wink:

manvandmaan wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
manvandmaan wrote:
histrion wrote:How do you pronounce "BlitzGirl?"

HE-RO.

You mean I've been pronouncing my own name wrong this whole time?!

Yes.
But it's OK! Here, have a Croissant!

I don't know if a Croissant is enough to quell the existential angst associated with audibly calling oneself the wrong name for hundreds of longpix. *eats anyway*

Febrion wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
mscha wrote:The microtrebuchet, and the ground it was standing on, appear to be lost forever.

NOOOOOO

Unless, of course, some intrepid Temporal Knight will have already travelled back and pocketed said trebuchet before the accident. A noble quest indeed!

*reaches into vest-of-many-pockets*
*pulls out tiny trebuchet*
When did I pick THIS up? I don't remember that at ALL.
(Though I will soon, I suspect.)

```~~**~* !whirly time ripple! *~**~~```

Oh, now I remember.
*puts tiny trebuchet back in pocket*

PhoenixRising wrote:
Caswallon wrote:
iisjreg wrote:That brief moment of ninja editing is disconcerting. ALL EDITS MUST BE KNOWN TO BALANCE TIME AND BLITZGIRL.

Why am I suddenly tempted to start going back and editing my old posts so they contains quotes from the future? Or worse yet, swap them around. I could go back and make it appear that I preempted every comment! Wow, time travel is a powerful thing. *feels the power*

You wouldn't be the first, judging by some the stuff BlitzGirl has found. But the chaos caused is terrible, since we have no way of seeing what post(s) is (are) edited without re-reading the entire thread. Gonna take a Time Lord Randall himself to fix the disaster if you edit something located earlier in Time than BlitzGirl's current location, since afaik nobody else is reading the entire thread, so nobody would be able to tell us you made the edits...

Please don't change my past unless you really, really have to (see above).

Some sigcouragement, some warnings:
Spoiler:
XonqNopp wrote:Hurray for BlitzGirl!! You would will almost joined us in the present of Time!!

That's more like it!

lmjb1964 wrote:Blitzgirl, your poetry from the past gives us much joy here in the present/future.

As do the rhymes I recieve from you in the Now!

Pastsongs and futurepoems are sublime
To hear along the thread of Time

Latent22 wrote:BlitzGirl!!!!! I have a hat for you. If you wear it your future will be most awesome!

But...
I LIKE MY HAT.
I guess I can wear it for a while, though. It wasn't specified how long I would have to wear it to have a most awesome future, right?
(And isn't buffygirl in charge of hatting around here?)

manvandmaan wrote:BlitzGirl, do you by any chance have a beret?
and also: I'll make sure those Croissants are oven-fresh when you arrive!
AND EVEN MORE ALSO: WATCH OUT FOR THE TEARS!

Well, I do now. Yum croissants! And what's this about tears? Are they extra-salty or something?

tman2nd wrote:Things are calming down in the present. Keep going Blitzgirl! And you, too Vytron. And anyone else who is traveling through time.
Beware of the Rest Stop Imperpetuate.

Well, I've always been wary of rest stops. Something about scary public restrooms.

Purplepants77 wrote:Now that I have a sig, I can use it to encourage BlitzGirl too!
Um...
*encourages BlitzGirl*
Did it work?

Yes. :D
Onward! Newpages to go, and all that.

Howdy, BlitzGirl! Nice to see you're making progress! How goes the slog?

(snip)...Seems like a waste of Time to me......

oh, silly BlitzGirl, it's what we1 do best, wasting Time while we2 Wait for it.
1I
2I grammarnazied myself
Last edited by fhorn on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:03 pm UTC

MONG
Edit: No LaPetite. If she is just part of Megan's dream, I want them to dream again. I want to see some more creepy shit.
Last edited by azule on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Montov

Postby Montov » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:06 pm UTC

Finally, a guy to the rescue.

cmyk

Postby cmyk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:16 pm UTC

I predict some more dialog in the next Newpix or three.

silent_death

Postby silent_death » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:17 pm UTC

Montov wrote:Finally, a guy to the rescue.

Yes, because Cueball has already demonstrated his extraordinary Sandcastle Building Skills :D
- former Expecto Space Bishop Temporas of the Church of Eastern unorthodox Timewaiters

Montov

Postby Montov » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:26 pm UTC

silent_death wrote:

Yes, because Cueball has already demonstrated his extraordinary Sandcastle Building Skills :D

If he builds a recursive dike, there will be no more flooding. :P

fatness

Postby fatness » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:27 pm UTC

cmyk wrote:
SBN wrote:
They're both back!

It's Robball.

I'm going with "Cob".

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:43 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
They're both back!

Rob is Cueball's secret identity. Cueball's superpower is the ability to be in several places at once. This makes it easy for him to conceal his secret identity by occasionally appearing in the same room as him.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:45 pm UTC

Montov wrote:
silent_death wrote:

If he builds a recursive dike, there will be no more flooding. :P

Or there will be recursive flooding, with infinite dikes.
“have i gone mad?

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”