1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Jafloi

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Jafloi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:04 pm UTC

WHATONG!
Spoiler:

Seems like the new dyke is not helping...

[Edit:] Ninja'd...again
buffygirl wrote:Jafloi, [...] I do hereby annoint you as Cardinal Jafloi of the Chicken Salad Sandwich, mayo optional.
...and Lightscribe (woodworker of time)

BlitzGirl: "wait fast, but wait well" *And good luck with the rest of your journey!!*You made it! Welcome!

htom

Postby htom » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:07 pm UTC

Scott Auld wrote:I just don't get it.

How can these two be so massively ignorant of how the sea works?

Where are they, who are they, and under what circumstances would a pair find themselves seeing a rising tide ... for the first time, ever?

Also: remember when we thought this was a joke that would be resolved on April 1? Ha!

I know some who have completed some great ocean voyages whose understandings of how the sea works is scant. Entirely wrong in some ways.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

RobIrr

Postby RobIrr » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:07 pm UTC

Gah... you know where you end up if you inadvertently click on the cartoon when looking for the title-text??
RobIrr, Bishop of the Diocese of Recursive Magic Kingdoi.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:11 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:<snip>Also, I'm a Centapope, aren't I?

If you are then your command was perfect. We will have been at this for almost a month. Holy command achieved.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:16 pm UTC

descor wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
descor wrote:
jovialbard wrote:
descor wrote:Are they looking at us??

Again with the ego-centrism, gosh are we bordering on solipsism over here? Also, yes, they totally are looking at us. :D

Obligatory TV Tropes link

Great. Now that there's a link to that site in this thread, Blitzgirl's never going to reach us. She'll reach the link, follow it, and be lost forever.

What have I done? :shock:

Hopefully this is the last temptation of Blitzgirl.

Oh, and just thought that her arrival in the present is something else we're waiting for besides "it."
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:17 pm UTC

Purplepants77 wrote:Every time I'm catching up after coma, it seems like everyone has been posting like crazy, and I'm trying desperately to finally get back to the conversation. Then, once I get there, I realize how slow the conversation is actually going and I wish it would move faster haha... Guess that's human psychology for you.

That totally happens to me all the Time. I just post my textwall and wait for it.

lmjb1964 wrote:When I was very little, I thought the word was restaround. Like, you go to the place and rest around the table, and eat.

It should be. I will have to teach this to my futureKids. :)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

descor

Postby descor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:25 pm UTC

Reka wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

Great. Now that there's a link to that site in this thread, Blitzgirl's never going to reach us. She'll reach the link, follow it, and be lost forever.

Yeah, when will people learn? If you're gonna post the obligatory TV Tropes link, you must also post the obligatory black hole warning!

Sheesh.

I've put a warning in my sig. Hopefully that will reach BlitzGirl in time!
Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

rmsgrey

Postby rmsgrey » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:33 pm UTC

My take on the last few frames:

The castle will not go to space today...

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:40 pm UTC

And Dracomax.
Attachments
dracomax-hat.jpg
dracomax-hat.jpg (3.27 KiB) Viewed 9160 times

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:40 pm UTC

Ok, so it looks like no one found these recent newpix to be as ominous as I did. When they looked at us and said, "I think it's going to go away," and then kept looking at us, my first thought was that Randall was trying to tell us that The One True Comic was going away--that we are approaching the End of Time. Sounds like nobody else got that, though, so maybe I'm wrong.

Flado wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:The Western Paradox church gives a i% discount.

Not really, no. Not percent. Just i. We only do imaginary discounts. Our prices, on the other hand, are quite real, if somewhat irrational. You may ask our Transcendental Imaginator if she could provide some transcendental - imaginary, of course - discounts.

Of course! We're happy to provide a discount1 of r+a/x % to anyone who joins the Church on a Tuesday or Thursday in a month that ends with "er"2 during a blue moon.3

1Imaginary
2But not in English
3Must present coupon4
4Also imaginary

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:41 pm UTC

Is it just me or has there been more activity today? Fortunately for BlitzGirl most of the posts are short and do not involve encryption.

also, nice hat for Dracomax, that dragon looks suave
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:42 pm UTC

Quest progress: 372 out of 401 pages.
Third Megan Period. NP 761.

Signpost passed: 320 out of 372 pages

As Megan carefully constructs the intricate details on the Next Level Sandcastle, the pace of the One True Comic seems to slow to an eerie calm. Similarly, the posts in the past newpages of the Thread seem to have calmed down (perhaps due to the Outsider phenomenon known as "weekend"). More graphs, various ONGs, and Pope culture seem to be the main topics of discussion, as well as complaining about how slow the Thread is going (naturally).

There were some pastposts to respond to, however:
Spoiler:
Asthanius wrote:Speaking of numbers, does Blitzgirl know how to sew?
Y'know, cause a stitch in time saves nine? Anybody?

*cough* I can't sew.

Purplepants77 wrote: Moments like these, knowing what many Newpages and new TimeFrames will be awaiting my return, make me realize the true boldness of Blitzgirl. Adventuring through Time much more adventurously than us commoners ever dare to. Have faith Blitzgirl, the end is in sight! or at least it will be in the future, I'm not sure how well you can see through Time, but probably much better than I

It has seemed pretty close these past few longpix!

PhoenixRising wrote:
Angelastic wrote:Let's continue to increase the frequency of discussions of BlitzGirl, such that when she reaches the present, the discussion will be all Being John Malkovichy/Sustainable. BlitzGirl! :D BlitzGirl BlitzGirl BlitzGirl BlitzGirl? Blitzgirl, Blitz? Girl. :) BlitzGirl BlitzGirl.
BlitzGirl wrote:BlitzGirl BlitzGirl! Buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo had had sustainable BlitzGirl Time time! :P

BlitzGirl BlitzGirl? BlitzGirl BlitzGirl BlitzGirl! BlitzGirl BlitzGirl BlitzGirl BlitzGirl BlitzGirl. Newpages BlitzGirl. Time!!
Asthanius wrote:I move that cmyk be awarded the title of Chronomancer. All in favor?

He had the Whistle of Temporal Harmony at one point; as I firmly believe the title and the whistle go together, I second this motion. I also propose that, as BlitzGirl rescued the Whistle from the past, she be given the title of Chronomancer as well. (Possibly also Rescuer of the Whistle.)

I'll consider these titles pending as they were proposed, but not granted. I have a couple more to add farther down.

PhoenixRising wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:<massive snip>
Also, I glimpsed some John Denver, which inspired me thus:
<snip>

John Denver parody? I am totally geeking out right now! I just had to YouTube "Rocky Mountain High" while reading your lyrics, and the "flow" matching is really good. I also totally lost it at the mention of the sea. I am a terrible person.

I propose we give BlitzGirl the title of "The Poet." (Also the same poet referenced here.)

Thank you muchly, though I believe that title is covered by Poetess of the Present.

ChronosDragon wrote:Unlike certain other users who I could mention (you know who you are), I actually read the day's newposts... It takes a certain amount of mentally unstable dedication to do so, but I do it anyway.

Don't worry, we can be mentally unstable together once I catch up to you!

mscha wrote:Haven't seen BlitzGirl around for ages... I'm getting worried about her.

*waves* Still back here, plodding along as usual!

manvandmaan wrote:It appears the Sandmasons have not yet granted a Title to BlitzGirl.

I, manvandemaan, Chief of Grains of The Self-Referring Recursive Chapter, hereby ceremoniously grant the following to BlitzGirl:

The Titles of: Greatest Grain on the Beach of Time, Big KnowItAll and also Princess of Persia1
<snip>

My sig character count is in serious jeopardy once more, but I shall attempt to add those, too!

And a few signatures:
htom wrote:BlitzGirl -- Be very cautious around time machines.

Don't worry, I never trust newfangled technology. I'm stuck in the past!

RobIrr wrote:Blitzgirl times Time buffalo buffalo has has Hero.

*applauds*

descor wrote:Warning For BlitzGirl:
Beware the TV Tropes link.

Don't worry, I already avoided some of those back around page 259:
BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 259 out of 324 pages.
The Poles. NP 436.
<snip>

This has been a perilous few newpages for me, my friends. Amid the discussion of whether the One True Comic is in 2D or 3D (I vote a 2D depiction of 3D events) and questions about the color of commas (I vote for coffee-colored commas), have been several links to TV Tropes. I heeded the warning of a Pre-Time Comic and scrolled by without clicking them.

I have a habit of hovering over links before clicking, to see where they lead. I'm already lost enough in the past as it is without getting lost Outside of this thread, too!
Onward!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:44 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Ok, so it looks like no one found these recent newpix to be as ominous as I did. When they looked at us and said, "I think it's going to go away," and then kept looking at us, my first thought was that Randall was trying to tell us that The One True Comic was going away--that we are approaching the End of Time. Sounds like nobody else got that, though, so maybe I'm wrong.

I sorta felt the same way too.

htom

Postby htom » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:46 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Ok, so it looks like no one found these recent newpix to be as ominous as I did. When they looked at us and said, "I think it's going to go away," and then kept looking at us, my first thought was that Randall was trying to tell us that The One True Comic was going away--that we are approaching the End of Time. Sounds like nobody else got that, though, so maybe I'm wrong.

I wondered if we were going away.

Still here.

Blitzgirl, Blitzgirl, she's our man, if she can't do it, nobody can! (Sorry, "woman" doesn't rhyme)

BlitzGirl, BlitzGirl, she's our gal, if she can't do it, nobody shall!
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 pm UTC

Still on track for a 470 reunification and the time of reunification has been hovering around the 4/30, 5/1 range, at least according to my woefully simple math

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:53 pm UTC

htom wrote:

I wondered if we were going away.

Still here.

Blitzgirl, Blitzgirl, she's our man, if she can't do it, nobody can! (Sorry, "woman" doesn't rhyme)

BlitzGirl, BlitzGirl, she's the one. BlitzGirl will do it, it shall be done!
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

descor

Postby descor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:04 pm UTC

PINGPONG
They really don't get the sea do they?

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:04 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
htom wrote:

BlitzGirl, BlitzGirl, she's the one. BlitzGirl will do it, it shall be done!

Good ones! The second especially, just because it's so positive. I also thought of

Blitzgirl, Blitzgirl, she's our dude! If she can't do it, we're all screwed!

but I didn't want to put that much pressure on her.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 pm UTC

Caught up again - just in time for going comatose (Ayreon again)
Keep the fort castles, y'all, you hear me!
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

thirds

Postby thirds » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:14 pm UTC

"Something is adding water to the sea"

So, it's actually just water. sad-trombone.
Perhaps it's just polluted water, being fed by a local factory of some type.
If the sea really is "big", then tidal forces are almost the only possible culprit for such a water level rise.
But, given how clueless these two are, maybe they're misjudging the size of the sea.

Is this simply a weird play on the "Time and tide wait for no man" phrase?

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:15 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:

Felt like that, too, but didn't dare say write it out, just in case it was actually true... :(

By the way:
Any ideas what this will turn out to be?

Free (imaginary) coffee and chicken salad sandwich, with optional mayo to the first that get it right :D
buffygirl wrote:Jafloi, [...] I do hereby annoint you as Cardinal Jafloi of the Chicken Salad Sandwich, mayo optional.

BlitzGirl: "wait fast, but wait well" *And good luck with the rest of your journey!!*You made it! Welcome!

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:16 pm UTC

descor wrote:PINGPONG

They really don't get the sea do they?

The thing is, though, "sea" can also refer to an inland sea. What if the sea is normally quite stable, with no inflow/outflow an equal inflow/outflow, and something has unbalanced it? We could be looking at a potentially apocalyptic weather phenomena here people!

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:17 pm UTC

azule wrote:
Purplepants77 wrote:Every time I'm catching up after coma, it seems like everyone has been posting like crazy, and I'm trying desperately to finally get back to the conversation. Then, once I get there, I realize how slow the conversation is actually going and I wish it would move faster haha... Guess that's human psychology for you.

That totally happens to me all the Time. I just post my textwall and wait for it.

Yep, just like this:
Dracomax wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
Dracomax wrote: Anyone encoding their text will henceforth and retroactively be dipped chocolate Syrup, and covered in shredded Licorice. THUS SPEAKS THE INQUISITION.

Oj, yyhnd? I'f xaci ah zsd jxz llc! :twisted:

I have no idea what you said, so I'm going to assume it's a compliment, and dunk you Chocolate syrup and cover you in chopped licorice.

What, I'm a man of my word. 8-) :roll:

Since tman2nd is asking for it both figuratively and literally, I say go ahead.
Note: Although it is clear to me that "Oj, yyhnd? I'f xaci ah zsd jxz llc!" is an encryption of
Spoiler:
Oh, really? I'd like to see you try!
, I still can't work out how you encrypted it. Care to let on?
SPACKlick wrote:
jovialbard wrote:BlitzGirl Progress: holding steady. ETA around 471

I make a linear average on your numbers meet at C.450 and a x3 progression encounters at C.473.

that said, I think it would be more useful to look at a Blitzpages per TimeFrame (averaged to negate comas) vs Newpage per TimeFrame as certain errors would cancel and by that I get a prediction closer to 500

(sorry Blitzgirl, Don't be down heartened, please use this skateboard I have lain here for you to ease your journey a little)

FTFY
BlitzGirl wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:EDIT 2: I see BlitzGirl is online. Go BlitzGirl! We'll be waiting for It and You!

I actually keep a pinned tab of this thread on my browser, so it is likely that during most of the time I appear online I am not actively Reading the thread of Time. I am the Ghost of PresentPix, after all (among other things).

I don't think the forum knows whether you have the page open, just whether you have loaded a page in the last <some fraction of a TimeFrame, probably 1/12th>.
Eliram wrote:
buffygirl wrote:Added to the hat queue mob1:
-Eternal Density
-mscha

I was wondering if spiders can wear hats, so I googled "spider hat" in google images.
People are WEIRD!

Indeed they are; this one, for instance, seems to be a poor copy of cmyk's hat.
Something is adding water to the sea

Wait 'till someone tells him it's the moon; it will blow his mind.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:19 pm UTC

Jafloi wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

Felt like that, too, but didn't dare say write it out, just in case it was actually true... :(

By the way:

Free (imaginary) coffee and chicken salad sandwich, with optional mayo to the first that get it right :D

Blitzgirl?

ChronosDragon wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
RobIrr wrote:
Dracomax wrote:*heats up a fresh batch of chocolate syrup...* :evil:

Before you taint it with the corpses of the unfaithful, please may I have some for my ice cream? :D

Sure. We're1 not monsters.

1The inquisition. Technically, Dragons are monsters2
2Racists put us in the monster manual. They have been noted by the inquisition.

Right on, brother! Although Dragons are known for stealing fair maidens and hoarding gold, there's plenty of greedy humans that do that too...

Speak by your own part of the race. We, Shape-shifting Dragons, are much more civilized and advanced, of course.

Speaking of shape-shifters...
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:19 pm UTC

Jafloi wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

By the way:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl on ice?
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 pm UTC

Hmm, I wonder if there is a post length limit. Let's find out! Here are all 452 haiku in the thread up to the point that Sciscitor scraped the text.

Spoiler:
I kinda hope it's
as simplistic as it seems,
but it may not be.

Ok, well they are
now definitely moving
of their own accord.

Please don't be sad or
scary...please please please don't bite
his leg off. xD

I've seen mention of
the BTC string, but not
what is below it.

You know, this kind of
reminds me of the paintings
in Harry Potter.

Does anyone have
the URL/a Mirror
for the first photo?

I looked in the source
code and was able to find
a javascript file.

It's 2:01 EST,
and I'm not seeing a new
frame.goddammit.

They'll spend a lifetime
building a world from scratch and
grow old together.

Unless the Gif is
being adjusted in some
non-obvious way.

Now I don't have to
be afraid to leave work in
case I miss something.

Was unsure about
the gender, and just went for
the most probable.

seens like the castle
wasn't complex enough, so
she's building more stuff

Oh my God, watching
this comic is so thrilling
and... time consuming.

I was interested
to see the progression of
pictures that I missed.

I have a feeling
that this won't be some thing that
just ends by next week.

(I stopped after page
8, starting at page 13)-
RG&gt;

Is the sand getting
more roughed up over time as
he walks over it?

Why would he do that,
particularly in such
a long, drawn out way?

I was hoping for
something different, like a knight
to go with the rook.

Just a side note: Is
this the largest comic thread
this forum has seen?

Philip on page 2
maintains a list, but that is
rather tedious...

It's hex(rot13(
a_secret_string))a really
secret string MWyqayetJqc

I think Randall is
trying to say that they are
having a baby.

I hope he gets back
with the sandwiches soon ... she'll
be getting hungry.

He's been 'waiting' for
his free time, we're gonna be
waiting for the end.

Maybe this means it's
more about the construction
than the two of them?

I personally
think this really will go on
for months, if not years.

And so castles made
of sand melts into the sea,
eventually...

Maybe another
tower in the center of
the big square section?

If there's a joke I
don't get at the end of this,
I will be LIVID!!

17 minutes
left before we see if she
starts heading that way

If this was Randall's
intention, the man is a
genius in my book....

I bet she's going
to come back and see he built
something really cool.

Well that looks like the
end of the surge of posts for
the latest image.

Girl in the lighthouse
59That is all I
am going to say.

You think he's lonely
because of the length of the
gap between updates.

He's just waiting for
her to return with the flag
couple of minutes.

He's just waiting for
her to return with the flag
couple of minutes.

Even if he can't,
which is nobody's fault, not
even the Romans'.

Even if he can't,
which is nobody's fault, not
even the Romans'.

It explains how we
are imprisoned by the works
we have created.

I haven't been here
in years so I had to get
a password reset.

But I just had to
come back, I've been lurking here
since Monday morning.

Not sure what this can
tell us, but I wanted to
add it to the mix.

I think I was at
work for a while, but I can't
really remember.

I think I was at
work for a while, but I can't
really remember.

EDIT: Or just wait
until the next interesting
comic rolls around...

I personally
think that this MMONS is going
to go on for years.

and its all because
of everyone else out there
watching and waiting.

and its all because
of everyone else out there
watching and waiting.

Or there's always the
feathered velciraptors, waves,
lions or hat guy.

I've just got to work
and am ready for a day
of hardcore waiting.

Its great to see what
people will do just to keep
up to date with this.

And that seems to be
the precise formula to
keep us addicted.

Was nice checking the
picks every half hour but
alas I need sleep.

This comic may not
turn out to be something you
can really wait through.

I made a forum
account just to post that there
was a new picture.

Your suggestions would
have ruined the mystery
in the beginning.

Clearly this means that
Randall has been diagnosed
with psoriasis.

EDIT: How sexist,
assuming 'he', sorry if
you're female, Aubron!

EDIT: How sexist,
assuming 'he', sorry if
you're female, Aubron!

squonk wrote:I (the colon is pronounced)
predict that they will jump the
shark ten frames from now.

Especially since
he's a guy anywaySWuh's
response is the best.

I didn't really
know if it had changed or not,
but it captured me.

Also frame 20,
because I find woman who
shake their hair sexy.

What if ... the more posts
we get, the more slowly time
moves in the comic?

Oh you must have missed
the fora link discussion
a few pages back.

We want it to stay
around forever, just like
a real sandcastle.

A relationship
would be a 'thing' too many
to worry about!

I just can't quite get
emotionally engaged
with these images.

I took it to be
he was doing more detailed
work on the castle.

I totally looked
up to see if 6 Flags owned
SandCastle today.

A relationship
would be a 'thing' too many
to worry about!

I find it hard to
believe that he'd expect us
to go so crazy.

Surely this is the
most important of all the
frames, it sets the scene!

Maybe that's part of
the hidden dialogue of
these two characters.

He started to, but
that one little piece is still
not quite wide enough.

It looks the exact
same to me, then again, my
eyesight is horrid.

It looks the exact
same to me, then again, my
eyesight is horrid.

One on the inside
of the gate, one on the third
turret from the left.

I know I said I
was leaving but that turned out
to be premature.

One on the inside
of the gate, one on the third
turret from the left.

In the new one, the
entire castle shifted
a bit to the right.

Only 50 more
replies to make this the most
replied to forum...

Megaryuu
wrote:Is this the most-
viewed thread of all time?

Uhmm, does anyone
else see this as zooming out
very slowly now?

When you go through them
fast on aubronwood, it
looks almost fluid.

come on people... that
was back in pages 15-
30.... we move on...

...running out of... things
to analyze... life support,
failing... send... new... frame...

But I guess, within
a spoiler tag, you might as
well bump the whole block.

I wonder how much
money is being lost per
newpix (or newpic)?

It's a shame that the
wrong image slipped thru to spoil
the upcoming frames.

Do these 'Days' from the '
Outside' correspond with these
cycles of newpix?

On that note, I think
we may be just a bit off
topic at this point.

On that note, I think
we may be just a bit off
topic at this point.

I searched for a while
but after 20 minutes
I could not find it.

Over 300
people with way too many
newpix on their hands.

I vote in favor
of Newpic for singular,
Newpix for plural.

Many of the oft-
repeated concerns (did we
get the javascript?

I think I believe
in a religion for the
first time in my life.

I think I believe
in a religion for the
first time in my life.

And bombard the two
sandcastles with whatever
a trebuchet hurls.

In the beginning
the Creator Randall brought
forth and gave us Time.

All that was left of
Time was the Sandcastle for
us to gaze upon.

Maybe if they had
organized themselves Jesus
could still be alive.

Not sure how you can
figure when it is suppose
to finish panning.

IIRC the panning
rate changed while the person was
calculating it.

Sad to see that the
article failed very soon
after it started.

All the area
within the towers in the
old castle is flat!

Eventually
I may want to go back and
review those pages.

1 post in 40
should be an effectively-
content-free repost?

Woke up to see the
thread go from page 56
to 71.

I slept a couple
of newpix after watching
the slow zooming out.

I think that is the
first time we have seen that in
any of the pics.

Cueball continued
developing on Earth, then
left to join Megan.

We found that he joined
her and they built up their world
together again.

Also, Oh me yarm,
did I just coin a name for
a new religion?

Riversong is a
level 1 guardian who's
never left Archet.

Proving that Time will
pass you by when you aren't
paying attention.

I consider it
one of the most glorious
moments of Pre-Time.

Perhaps it would be
indistinguishable from
instantaneous.

I love this answer
so much that I'm ok with
it being snow now

It took Cueball two
hours to stand up and turn
around earlier.

Because that's how long
I assume must've passed in
the comic-verseYes.

The period of
the tides are twelve hours (two
periods per day).

I'm not predicting
anything, merely keeping
all options open.

Clearly Megan is
more of a tea drinker than
a coffee drinker.

Anyone notice
that Cueball's voice is coming
from pretty high up?

Clearly Megan is
more of a tea drinker than
a coffee drinker.

You have to swim through
the sea of semen to reach
the sea of bacon

We can easily
reach 7 pages, but 8
seems unlikely....wat...

We can easily
reach 7 pages, but 8
seems unlikely....wat...

She, that is like sky-
fire, and the Donner of
voices proclaim her.

The solemn postures
and their distance apart tells
me something is wrong.

Cue ball is going
to suicide in the sea
of pregnant babies!

I personally
think the empty castle frames
are the most poignant.

I'm haunted by guilt
of not having posted to
this thread earlier...

Too bad someone else
said the same thing at around
20 newpages

Just trying to keep
people awake until the
next frame is displayed.

The Age of the Slow
Pixel is similar to
the Debut or What?

So... how did you learn
to take off your wedding rings
while doing field work?

Maybe by sprucing
it up, she can remember
those times more fondly.

AussieJono
wrote:How aboutThe
Age of the Slow Tide?

OR the knights coming
riding out of the castle
RIDING the raptors!

This could very well
be different because of it
being so simple.

Rule of 12 for tides (
an approximation that
can be dangerous.)

There's weeks and weeks of
conversation happening
here every hour.

This goes to show just
how far we will go to put
meaning into things

He's putting away
the flags, *sob*, does this mean the
end of time is near?

You'd be amazed by
all the features added in
HTML5.

Yeahhhh, I think the sleep
deprivation/impatience
is getting to me.

I'm pretty sure I
just saw him move, but its been
less than a newpix.

At the rate this thread
is going, getting with the
Time is pretty hard.

Maybe instead of
trying to keep caught up I
should just post Time puns.

I don't havetimeto
examine every aspect
of my life right now.

By the way: was there
a new What-If after the
beginning of Time?

Cueball seems to be
carefully unsculpting a
crater of some sort.

If Megan has been
out of the Time Frame for that
long, it can't be good.

If Megan has been
out of the Time Frame for that
long, it can't be good.

If the ocean was
moving, I think it would be
more noticeable.

Actually the
thread took from my sig, not the
other way around.

I only spotted
that when you mentioned it and
I now feel fulfilled.

You have to have at
least 5 posts before you add
a sig, for one thing.

You have to have at
least 5 posts before you add
a sig, for one thing.

The whole religion
thing is a massive case of
misplaced attention.

When a new comic
is posted, at that time I
footnoted above.

Looked like a curvy
arrow to me but yes I
think it's an archway.

Looked like a curvy
arrow to me but yes I
think it's an archway.

Although, perhaps he
doesn't realize, she did
most of the building.

This day off for me
basically meant missing out
on fewer timeframes.

Now I feel fancy
for having come up with it...
it be-did me, right?

Megan and Cueball
will finish it and then leave
to the left again.

Megan and Cueball
woll finish it and then leave
to the left again.

It's the snow (S N
O W) believers...
they are attacking.

Please enlighten me,
good sirs and madams: What the
bleeding hell happened?

Re-edited to
add: delayed ninja'ed by
dreiarmumig.

But maybe it'll
do so in the next one or
the one after that.

Cueballs Sand Castle
Engineering skill seems to
have inproved greatly.

A few juvenile
delinquents have ruined it
for the rest of us.

A few juvenile
delinquents have ruined it
for the rest of us.

As a Cardinal,
I believe it is my vote
that decides the pope.

It's a good thing we
have Aubron's animation
to catch up with then.

However, if the
Things that are on my side for
600, Alex!

Looks like the forums
have started to fılter just to
fuck with this threªd.

However, if the
Things that be on my side for
600, Alex!

dreiarmumig
wrote:SexyTalon
wrote:Join FaDe.

And I wonder what
the filters will do to the
bottom of my heart.

Gotta have something
for the bots to mine when they're
lurking through the board.

Or she *may-did* be
bringing something to protect
the Magic Kingdom.

That's me not doing
anything productive for
the rest of the day

His fingertips are
holding onto the cracks in
their Magic Kingdom.

I call middle of
the big tower to the right
of the two arches.

I call middle of
the big tower to the right
of the two arches.

I mean, this is fun
and all, but he clearly planned
this out in advance.

I mean, this be fun
and all, but he clearly planned
this out in advance.

And why be not the
600, Alex!

I will wait for it
forever, as long as they
keep up the mayhem.

in the future, some
600, Alex!

*** wrote:To class
with me ratherClass is fine,
so long as you sleep.

It could even be
a 3D-printed hollow
frame filled with coffee.

It could even be
a 3D-printed hollow
frame filled with coffee.

Yes, but you need to
remember the explosives
and electronics.

You woll-did need a
larger volume than the mass
strictly requires.

In which case we would
have reached the climax, and this
is the turning point.

Anybody else
think this new trajectory
is a bit too steep?

I fully expect
the thread to have doubled by
the time I return!

It.s french,
so try tré-by-ché, or tré-
bü-ché.

But the cats may-did
eat the hamsters, and the dogs
may-did eat the cats.

in the future, some
600, Alex!

We must decide soon,
because I'm working on a
tool to convert it.

brackets be changing
when quoted((((So if i quote
you i have to go ))))))))

Finally catch up
with the thread and it's time for
more outsider things.

Wait, did someone say
something about having a
car full of salmon?

Wait, did someone say
something about having a
car full of salmon?

Hell, this hath go-done
on long enough thatwe have
our own inside jokes.

2]Song birds at the
600, Alex!

To be honest I
used quite a few, but it was
in the name ofLOVE

I think I have to
go comatose for a while,
to brainy can't sleep

I really hope this
isn't going to end up
like the mole of moles.

I really hope this
be not going to end up
like the mole of moles.

that extended the
600, Alex!

that extended the
600, Alex!

SSecond'd as well
but cant update the wiki
from my phone iIdrat...

There's no proven way
to tell if a woman is
a virgin either.

I tin't fight it,
it be too strong...... pray for me,
fellow Timewaiters!

I think that's it's just
another mound to go at
with the Trebuchet

Didn't really start
reading the forums until
Thursday evening though.

Just have to decide
whát's riding on them (raptors,
maybe)at I) so did I, what a coincidenceIII) war pigs sound like riding animals

Makes sense, since that's what
the liquid to the right of
the snow-castles is.

More to the point, it's
not just about TV - that's
just one example.

It was being put
on in a different country,
for crying out loud.

And hey, why do we
really need moved times during
summer anyway?

Didn't realize
it now switched to 1 at the
top of the hour.

If you've been gone for
a few days It's closer to
1/10th the volume.

We should begin to
have a walltext ritual (
like yesterday's pies).

Party req members
use newspeak, speak newspeak, write
newspeak, think newspeak.

I wonder… what-if
she is taking that sand from
below the castle?

Bumping because it
was literally the last
thing on the last page...

I reckon Cueball
is off making some super
trebuchet of doom.

I already thought
of this as they started to
build the first castle.

I'll see how it is
in *mumble* nup̈ic̈es when
I return to Time.

Pretty much all I've
done this weekend is eat, sleep,
drink and wait for it.

Someone be-did still
wielding Hollerith cards in
1981?

Someone be-did still
wielding Hollerith cards in
1981?

FULL STOPFULL STOP they
say eow have to cut WAY
down on fatty foods.

Semenated is
still for the true orthodox
though)Ïa Ran'dall!

You can loop back to
the last frame from the first frame
easily enough.

Regardless, this would
be an excellent base for
such a converter...

As usual, when
people can't explain something
they use religion.

edit: that's odd, I
thought Ididbreak it.. seems I
was unsuccessful

FULL STOPFULL STOPic
may never catch back upFULL
STOP But ic tin try.

Last time I posted
here I think it was still in
the 80s/90s...

Also ic'm
not really sure where ic stand
on the fortnight length.

Wraithlord, the Anti-
PopeDon't ask the Demons
to give eow it.

FULL STOPFULL STOPFULL
STOPYou take two babies with
your cups of coffee?

[edit]- (post removed-
my time settings are wrong for
the forum I think)

This religion thing
has gotten waaaaaaaay
out of hand now4.

This religion thing
hath gotten waaaaaaaay
out of hand now4.

Main reason I logged
in this morning. *yawn* Hope that
mound finishes soon...

If I'm reading the
data stream right, that's where I
think it would have gone.

(Which is why I quote
a post that's close to 40
pages in the past.)

Main reason I logged
in this morning. *yawn* Hope that
mound finishes soon...

You don't need to be
a cardinal to be pope
in this religion

Oh, sorry, not yours
KarMann, you're good, just ALL THE
OTHER HATS THERE ARE!!!!

Still, it provides some
kind of metric for how long
it's been going on.

Remember that one
time you took some Tylenol
and it tasted off?

I don't feel ready
to let myself be renamed
to higgs-pope *paling*.

Pretty sure it means
productivity will be
down again today.

She's asking because
she can't see over the big
block of sand she built.

All it has done is
add on more to our knowledge
of the (inside) world!

EDIT: Ninja'd by
the River Tam references...
and she IS far out...

Shouldn't that be 'Its
actually retreated' (
no apostrophe)?

Things have slowed down but
the Timewaiters will not rest
until this thread is..

I've been lurking since
about 10 newpix from the
beginning of Time.

To be fair, that a
grammatical error, not
ambiguity.

To be fair, that a
grammatical error, not
ambiguity.

I can't wait to see
the people re-entering
this thread's reaction.

Where do you put it? ...
and I dare ask, when in use,
and when in storage...

Where do you put it? ...
and I dare ask, when in use,
and when in storage...

We're sorry, but they
possessed you into swearing
in an anti-pope.

We're sorry, but they
possessed you into swearing
in an anti-pope.

This is clearly 1/
4 of Mount Rushmore,therefore
I claim victory.

Also, it sounds like
you are saying 'wait here', which
is kinda funny.(

Waitier just sounds like
something is heavier, and
Waityer is enh.)

Waitier just sounds like
something is heavier, and
Waityer is enh.)

I think the coma-
induced hallucinations
have started early.

I'll try to come up
with something today during
breaks at the office.

The creator of
that sign died of cancer, you
know what that means right?

The name we give to
the Creator aspect of
Time is Lord Randall.

A: A Frame is a
Revelation from Time through
the One True Comic.

Never, I've also
never dropped a piece into
a bottle of coke.

I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE
MOTHERFUCKIN' ORCS ON THIS
MOTHERFUCKIN' PLANE!

Wait, we believe in
the in the resurrection
of the body, right?

PS: Pope Helper,
I suggest you readthis, you
could find it useful.

If your post is still
the newest in the thread, you
can just delete it.

I don't know what you're
talking about, HAL.Let's
not get into this.

I had to look up
Iron Giant, never saw
that one I'm afraid.

You're saying that cold-
hearted manipulative
bitch is still alive?

You forgot to say [
d/g/b]onghow many
do you have to do?

Somebody should stat
up some NPC sheets for
Megan and Cueball.

Wait a moment, you
also mispelled my name when
you ratified me!

Wait a moment, you
also mispelled my name when
you ratified me!

AionArap
wrote:[Oh, are we doing this
all over again?

Do I at some point
become eligible for
Cardinality?

Do I at some point
become eligible for
Cardinality?

you will have to warm
the governor's cold hart with
a hot island song...

Wish he'd get his shit
together, Megan made her
mound in this much time!

You can see the two
turrets on the left and the
mound in the center!

Maybe I'll come back
and read it all when my comps
are over in June.

Maybe I'll come back
and read it all when my comps
are over in June.

That's an interesting
view, but to find out we just
have to Wait for it.

Won't it be grand if
we are not disappointed
by the denouement?

htom wrote:At
least it's a presentation
without PowerPoint.

It's a Droste Effect (
no one seemed to notice I
mentioned this last frame).

Well, we didn't mean
to beat you over the head
with it, exactly.

The kind you want to
hear when getting approval
of Seas of Semen.

Again, I just woke
up, I could be way off, but
I don't think I am.

My favourite is
the rising phoenixYou are
forgiven, my child.

Who am I kidding,
I'll pay top-dollar for a
signed 1st ed. copy.

Well excuse me for
not reading all of the last
200 pages!...

Is that a tiny
Megan on the left edge of
the center model?

At least we learnt one
thing this weekend - Time isn't
made of strawberries.

As it happens, I've
finally caught up to the
current midseason.

udscbt wrote:She's
gearing up for one awesome
game of tetherball.

So now they will have
a real flag and not those fake
plastic little flags.

So now they will have
a real flag and not those fake
plastic little flags.

Maybe there is a
larger sand-castle that she
can fire upon.

She carried in poles,
what looks like a sheet, and what
looks like cans of paint.

Do you know what I
would put between those 4 poll's
she is putting up.

Maybe they forgot
about the model and will
update it later.

The thrown sand would give
us a max frame rate, but not
the min or set rate.

No, it doesn't, it
actually retreated
a little this week.

Again, I just woke
up, I could be way off, but
I don't think I am.

That way if the key
was known then the timestamp of
each frame would be, too.

Three coplanar points
are sufficient to define
a parabola.

I don't think I need
to provide references, youse
guys are on the ball.

Added: All we can
say for sure is that it has
at least four edges.

Looks like Cueball is
trying to understand what
the sea is doing...

Anybody else
think ChronosDragon's thing looks
a bit like a bra?

But asynchronous
communication is not
under discussion.

˙˙sǝʌıb ʇɐɥʍ ¿uʍopǝpısdn buıdʎʇ
sı ǝuoʎɹǝʌǝ ʍou puɐ 'xıdʍǝu
ɟo ןnɟpuɐɥ ɐ ɹoɟ ʎɐʍɐ ob ı

Although there would be
some sand, it's pretty tasteless
compared to the brine.

When was the last time
the Brothers Chaps updated
that site, anyway?

Ah, you are correct,
and I apologize for
my errant snipping.

Ball's color is fine,
as long as it's visible
under all the hair.

That would be the First
and Second, Third and Fourth, and
the Seventh and Eighth.

The Ninth refers to
the object they are watching,
not a proper noun.

Is it just me or
is the forum really slow
all of a sudden?

Is it just me or
is the forum really slow
all of a sudden?

If you prove yourself
worthy, you can join the ranks
of the Knight Watchers.

Will she be able
to get that Planck on top of
the Poles on her own?

People like you make
reinventing the world all
the more difficult.

People like you make
reinventing the world all
the more difficult.

You're saying we should
beware a rift in the Space-
Time continuum?

You're saying we should
beware a rift in the Space-
Time continuum?

At the time it was
speculated that Cueball
was adding himself.

If a Mome and a
Pope owned a shop, would it be
a Mome and Pope shop?

AionArap
wrote:StratPlayer
wrote:Perfect.

But in light of there
being a developing
religion (or three?)

But, yes, I was right,
she needed Cueball to put
his hands on her box.

I had a vision
today (it was a dream, but
it doesn't matter).

Thank The Randall, I
have caught up with the scrolls of
The One True Comic.

New theory: Very
short bungee jumps (or fairly
painful ones, perhaps).

Acting in a way
that exhibits, contains, or
exemplifies prol.

Dude, this must be a
power question, 'cause I'm all,
like, &quot;Mega??

Right top board raised and
positioned by MeganWhat's
wrong with this picture?

The top boards are shown
to have width, about 6x
the width of the poles.

I would have thanked you
sooner but I was checking
my eyelids for holes.

No, the Knighthood, as
per it's inclusion in Time,
is gender neutral.

Yes it is just crap
I re wrote from the first few
forum posts on time.

The important thing
is that you're on good terms with
people of all faiths.(

Our creed is simple,
and ordained by The Great Lord
Randall: Wait for it.

Anyway, it sounds
like a throwback, and not for
the poster alone.

As an Outsider
religious argument, it
is quite a good one.

That will teach me to
mess with such dark powers when
in need of coma.

I think my 16-
year-old daughter may have hit
the nail on the head.

I don't think this is
a porch or a hut or an
observation post.

It would only look
like a ship when the 'sea' was
up to the decking.

Megan is pointing
out that the change due to the
river would be small.

Megan is pointing
out that the change due to the
river would be small.

Guess while I'm here I
could jump a little further
back and kill Hitler.

Has anyone kept
track of the creation dates
of the images?

But I feel like there's
got to be a small river
connection somehow.

However, since you
insist, go ahead and send
me your money twice.

I think this thread has
jumped the shark, Blitzgirl's posts are
my favorite thing.

May your TimeFrames be
filled with Trebuchets, as they
say back in this Time.

Can it be called an
observation post if it
is merely observed?

Can it be called an
observation post if it
is merely observed?

And optionally
add a line of dialog
in the second gap.

Cardinals ubscdt and
udscbt are, unknown to themselves,
the same entity.

Unfortunately...
well, what I said earlier
about no money?

Also where is the
missing vertical feature
from the mini scene?

It'll become a
Blitzgirl Threadological
Singularity.

This is what happens
when you start screwing around
with the Time Whistle!

Clearly the work of
the intelligent raptor
overlords from space.

File creation dates
are often messed up by file
copying software.

I do have my first
quibble with the Division
of the Periods.

Just because you can't
see it, it doesn't mean it's
not there....or twelve poles.

I'm starting to think
he isn't taking his pope-
ing seriously.

I'm starting to think
he isn't taking his pope-
ing seriously.

Must coma, and then
many NewPix of labors
in my own castle.

I humbly put forth
my application to join
the Knights Temporal.

So the sea is the
main character again in
the One True Comic...

Funnily enough,
Aubronwood really is
comforting right now.

Might the water rise
be constant, and the frame rate
be variable?

Might the water rise
be constant, and the frame rate
be variable?

Whether I'm doin it
from the actual comic
page, or in the thread.

I think they are just
going to haul up building
materials though.

Perhaps my nightly
coma will bring messages
of explanation.

Remember thou the
First Commandment, and keep it
wholly: Wait for It.

But we need to keep
a record of alternate
timelines for BlitzGirl

Fortunately the
NewPic has already been
posted in this thread.

Interesting how Time-
forum-posting has stabilized
and yet -- It hasn't.

He may now be just
watching and waiting along
with the rest of us.

As for Cueball and
Megan ... stop gabbing and get
on with it.. (or It?)

I must rescind my
earlier suggestion as
to her Pope/Mome-ship.

htom wrote:Have
the mini-castles always
been different sizes?

It wouldn't be the
first bizarre thing that happened
in the Thread of Time....

I think this could be
a very promising health
research area.

Sorry but you were
ninja'd as I already
said I was ninja'd.

In the interim
case, chosen by the random
stroke of a pen(post).

Wait--now that I no
longer think I'm mad, does this
prove the contrary?

Now get on your knees,
all of you, and quietly
pray for leniency.

So what, NewPix is
changing again, or is it
just a server bug???

The few who have seen
the True First Frame perhaps have
some special insight.

The final frame to
come gifted to us by the
Almighty Randall!

I always felt like
one of the Time-religions
needed a mufti.

I always felt like
one of the Time-religions
needed a mufti.

So, in that regard,
no promises, and with all
due credit of course.

So, in that regard,
no promises, and with all
due credit of course.

That is OVER HALF
the number of comics he
has ever posted.

Ooh, I have not heard
of this Croissant-gifting, but
it sounds delicious.

Oh dear, for the sake
of the Anointed One, we
should take alongnap.

The bukkit goes up
and also down and also
up and also down...

Also fixed a few
errors I made in the Book
of Time Forum links.

EDIT: fixed the pic
link, glad to know the problem's
not just meI'm PFAN!!!!

Maybe we could send
it one page per outside day (
24 LongPix).

What's the gcc
parameter for linking
to past libraries?

There might be some sort
of Time-needle-pulling-thread
application here...

It's something I came
up with myself, and wrote a
program to create.

Now come on out and
let us see how you look with
your nice new pope hat.

I hope THIS will change
the world, and together we
can realize It.

Is Cueball on the
side or above that thing-whose-
name-was-forgotten?

You may as well ask
to give Time or The Great Lord
Randall proper names.

In other words, just
another span of newpix
on the thread of Time.

I've been along for
the ride since before the first
toe-dip by Cueball.

My heart stutters when
I get a glimpse of a new
dialog bubble.

In fact BlitzSpeed has
been gradually climbing
as her posts advance...

I think it's the first
metaphor explanation
that I've agreed with.

I wasn't going
to bother anyone, but
since you're offering!!!

I can't decide if
this is really messed up, or
really wonderful.

BlitzGirl is exempt from reading all but those that concern her:

Spoiler:
I think this thread has
jumped the shark, Blitzgirl's posts are
my favorite thing.

It'll become a
Blitzgirl Threadological
Singularity.

But we need to keep
a record of alternate
timelines for BlitzGirl

In fact BlitzSpeed has
been gradually climbing
as her posts advance...

I had to add threading and some optimisation to the haiku detector for it to handle this much text, because it turns out the speech API leaks files and memory (I swear I'm disposing of everything properly! I guess they didn't expect people to call it a million times) but I have to coma now so I'll upload the new version in 20 timeframes or so.

There are probably many things I planned to reply to but forgot about, but for the record, I have three favourite words: Epizeuxis, epizeuxis, epizeuxis.

Buffygirl, I feel like I've done enough for a hat now. Could I please have a hat? Edit: It might need to be small, since I have speech over my head. Or it could encompass the speech. Or you could move the speech.
Last edited by Angelastic on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:22 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
Jafloi wrote:
Spoiler:
buffygirl wrote:

By the way:

Blitzgirl?

Not exactly, but close it is! Here, have some ordinary (imaginary) cheese sandwich 'till you get it all figured out :D

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:26 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:Hmm, I wonder if there is a post length limit. Let's find out! Here are all 452 haiku in the thread up to the point that Sciscitor scraped the text.

Uh, right to the left of the edit window?
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:26 pm UTC

We are still having a party for BlitzGirl's arrival in the OTC on page 380/381. There is still some cake left over if anyone wants it. But if you want any you have to go back and eat it in a past edit on page 381.

vvn

Postby vvn » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

Caswallon wrote:It wasn't the ONG, it was the Image url. you need to get the full hash filename: http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/56cc97 ... ddc133.png
It is a common mistake.
Try quoting your own post above, then see what the URL shows up as.

I have been uploading the image as an attachment. I figured it is both better proof against server problems and preserves the record against change. Is posting the url better?

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:29 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:

So it wasn't just me.

BTW, more excellent hats, buffygirl! Though I still like mine best of all. :D

thirds wrote:"Something is adding water to the sea"

So, it's actually just water. sad-trombone.

Hmm, I hadn't picked up on that. Of course, we don't know what world they're on, so it could be that what they refer to as "water" is really semencancercoffeebaconice9babypixeltoner.

And with that, I really really have to pay attention to Outside duties for at least a few newpix subdivisions.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:30 pm UTC

vvn wrote:
Caswallon wrote:It wasn't the ONG, it was the Image url. you need to get the full hash filename: http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/56cc97 ... ddc133.png
It is a common mistake.

I have been uploading the image as an attachment. I figured it is both better proof against server problems and preserves the record against change. Is posting the url better?

Woo hoo! Time for a new schism! It's been too long.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:30 pm UTC

In 20 newpix Randall will disclosure that Megan here is not Megan but Monika and Cueball is not Cueball but Curt. They are both German and "sea" is a common translation glitch - they said "See" and it should have become "lake", instead.

Okay. No. Not that probable, anyway.

Honestly. Let's round up all known "seas" cut off from the oceans, so rivers may have an impact on the water level.
  • Aral sea - shrinking (the Rus tended some strange projects), not in the bucket.
  • Salton Sea. Three major rivers flowing into it, disqualifying.
  • Caspian Sea - holds (according to wikipedia) 78,200 km³. Which is a LOT. More so, it has a surface of 371,000 km². Melt water? Hum... would be a large iceberg to be melted. No.
  • البحر الميت, err, Dead See - Jordan (the river, not the Hennessy) would be the river. The only one, although some little springs are known around. Surface dropped over the last sixty years. Significantly. It could be, but I guess Cueball would have made a comment after swimming in it.
  • Great Salt Lake. Counts as a sea. Would be a possibility. Since it is a rather shallow one, the coastline changes heavy on rainfalls. On the other hand: Rivers, rivers, rivers.

Did I miss one?
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

vvn

Postby vvn » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:34 pm UTC

Caswallon wrote:So, any predictions for what will happen when we hit the 400th NewPage and the 16,001st newpost on this thread?

No, but 16,384 will be huge!

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 pm UTC

Latent22 wrote:We are still having a party for BlitzGirl's arrival in the OTC on page 380/381. There is still some cake left over if anyone wants it. But if you want any you have to go back and eat it in a past edit on page 381.

Latent22, that cake is amazing, and delicious! You might want to check your post, though. I think you meant "appreciate" rather than "appropriate." I offered her a nice glass of nut punch.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 pm UTC

Latent22 wrote:We are still having a party for BlitzGirl's arrival in the OTC on page 380/381. There is still some cake left over if anyone wants it. But if you want any you have to go back and eat it in a past edit on page 381.

Shouldn't you quickly quote the "it's Blitzgirl" line before serving the cake, so that she doesn't get confused? Just suggestions. Also, jealous because I can't have any cake.

Edit: Unless BlitzGirl brings some into the future with her vest of many pockets...
Last edited by jovialbard on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:37 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

descor

Postby descor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:37 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:
vvn wrote:
It is a common mistake.

Woo hoo! Time for a new schism! It's been too long.

The newpixbot doesn't seem to recognise this method of GONGing and I'm reluctant to get on the wrong side of our future robotic overlords.

Keep on treking Vytron

Wait for it.

squonk

Postby squonk » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:38 pm UTC

There is only one river.
There is only one sea.
And it flows through you.
And it flows through me.

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:43 pm UTC

higgs-boson wrote: [Did I miss one?

Black Sea, of course. Been there countless times, never knew what "tide" was. Tastes better than the rest, though.
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

rmsgrey

Postby rmsgrey » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:44 pm UTC

vvn wrote:
Caswallon wrote:So, any predictions for what will happen when we hit the 400th NewPage and the 16,001st newpost on this thread?

No, but 16,384 will be huge!

Does anyone know the limits of the forum software?

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”