1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

dreiarmumig

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby dreiarmumig » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:37 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:Ha, I only just noticed that I appear in two of the haikus. I feel so honoured! :oops:

I hope your name really is pronounced with five syllables (or is one a triphthong?) Even when I get my Mac to speak it using the very same speech synthesis I used to count the syllables (although, actually, maybe it's not using the same voice; I didn't set any parameters) I can only hear four. I'll have to look into that.
-snip-

Well, it's not really a word, it's an anagram of the German word 'Radiergummi', so it doesn't really have an official pronunciation. I (and my friends; it's a bit of an inside joke) pronounce it with four syllables: drei-arm-u-mig, but who am I to argue with the algorithm.

Edit: Attempt at IPA: ['dʁaɪ̯ʔaʁmʊmɪç]
Last edited by dreiarmumig on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:44 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:40 pm UTC

dreiarmumig wrote:
Angelastic wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:Ha, I only just noticed that I appear in two of the haikus. I feel so honoured! :oops:

I hope your name really is pronounced with five syllables (or is one a triphthong?) Even when I get my Mac to speak it using the very same speech synthesis I used to count the syllables (although, actually, maybe it's not using the same voice; I didn't set any parameters) I can only hear four. I'll have to look into that.
-snip-

Well, it's not really a word, it's an anagram of the German word 'Radiergummi', so it doesn't really have an official pronunciation. I (and my friends; it's a bit of an inside joke) pronounce it with four syllables: drei-arm-u-mig, but who am I to argue with the algorithm.

Oh, I was figuring it was an adjective for three-armed hugs, presumably from Moties, if that means anything to you.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:44 pm UTC

cmyk wrote:
Ptarr wrote:
Megan wrote:bye.
Is this the end of time?

I believe, dear friend, it is just the beginning...

I don't know whether to weep for an ending, or weep for another month of watching Time. Either way, it's been a freaking blast around here with all you guys!
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

dreiarmumig

Postby dreiarmumig » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:48 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
Angelastic wrote:

-snip-

Oh, I was figuring it was an adjective for three-armed hugs, presumably from Moties, if that means anything to you.

I've also always thought that it sounds like three-armed hugs but had to look up Moties - nice one!

Drakeesh

Postby Drakeesh » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:48 pm UTC

I choose to believe that Megan is more saying, "see you soon", than "goodbye forever". I could understand (given time) leaving a castle, but I could never understand abandoning the flags to the fate of the Sea (which is big).
Sir Aheem, Defender of the Former Right Flag, Keeper of the Shards of the Shattered Right Tower

descor

Postby descor » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:50 pm UTC

Drakeesh wrote:I choose to believe that Megan is more saying, "see you soon", than "goodbye forever". I could understand (given time) leaving a castle, but I could never understand abandoning the flags to the fate of the Sea (which is big).

Or the river (which is small).
Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:50 pm UTC

Montov wrote:There was a discussion about following the new adventure, or staying at the castles. What if there is a split screen? Or picture in picture?

You know, the closeup of Megan with the T. Minimus would have been practically subliminal in conventional video but allowed time for dozens of comments here.

With the rather low frame rate we're watching, it wouldn't put a strain on our eyes if the OTC interlaced frames of the castle (with children), and frames of the further adventures of M&C. (The various GIFs might get painful, later...)
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:51 pm UTC

Pull yourselves together men (and ladies)! The OTC still says "wait for it." in the hover text. It doesn't say "good waiting" or "the end" or "I think that's quite enough now". No! It says "Wait for it", and what do we do? We...

edit: "wait for it"? Anyone? Nobody's picking up what I'm putting down? Okey dokey *goes back to reading*
Last edited by jovialbard on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:17 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:52 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
Angelastic wrote:

-snip-

Spoiler:
The Mote in God's Eye, of course. 8-)

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

keshat

Postby keshat » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:54 pm UTC

That bye.... I need to hug the comic.

EraObserver

Postby EraObserver » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:58 pm UTC

3 minutes till the next newpix.... strange how ominous this one is. Will this be the end forever?

Probably not... but this is a depressing moment if Cueball and Megan really are gone.
*Insert witty comment*

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:01 pm UTC

Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

descor

Postby descor » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
Spoiler:

Now we're waiting to see whether we will have to continue waiting ... is Randall trolling us?

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

thirds

Postby thirds » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:06 pm UTC

With such empty dialog leaving everything hanging, here's hoping this isn't the anti-climatic ending.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:08 pm UTC

thirds wrote:With such empty dialog leaving everything hanging, here's hoping this isn't the anti-climatic ending.

We still have our command. Obey the hovertext.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 pm UTC

descor wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:
Spoiler:

Now we're waiting to see whether we will have to continue waiting ... is Randall trolling us?

Of course he is, after all he is Randall. But we will not give in, we will wait for it. "it" hasn't happened yet (as far as I've been keeping track, which isn't that good, really), so we continue to wait.
wait, how is Randall supposed to be trolling us again? Oh right, he's trolling us by making us wait for nothing..
Hmm..
scratches head.

But I want to keep waiting ...

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 pm UTC

thirds wrote:With such empty dialog leaving everything hanging, here's hoping this isn't the anti-climatic ending.

So, you're suggesting it is related to global warming*, then?

* 'climatic' = 'of climate'; 'climactic' = 'of climax'
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:16 pm UTC

Eutychus wrote:Has anyone noticed how the dike on the right seems to be eroding rapidly on the seaward side?

Yes.
mscha wrote:More sea level rise and sea wall erosion. No other changes.

This was 8 newpix ago. There has barely been any sea level rise or erosion since.
Time_sea_level_rise_20130425_2100.png
Time_sea_level_rise_20130425_2100.png (1.65 KiB) Viewed 9376 times
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Qalyar

Postby Qalyar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:18 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:

So, you're suggesting it is related to global warming*, then?

* 'climatic' = 'of climate'; 'climactic' = 'of climax'

I suggest there will be an anti-Clamatic1 ending, one opposed to mixtures of tomato juice and clams that are passed off as a beverage to the unwary.

1Clamatic = of Clamato, naturally
Last edited by Qalyar on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:18 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:18 pm UTC

Thread length at 214 posts, at least until the moderators change something. That's not good enough for me.

(And yes, there is at least minimal moderation taking place. A double-post of mine from 80 pages back is now gone.)
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:25 pm UTC

Montov wrote:There was a discussion about following the new adventure, or staying at the castles. What if there is a split screen? Or picture in picture?

I hope for a two channel timesplit:

Castles - newpix every hour on the hour - (guest stars: le-petit, the sea (which is BIG), flag hunters, judges of the sandcastles-building competition 300 yards down the beach)

AND

Following C&M - with a newpix every half past the hour - on their journey to the river (which is... you know... size challenged), meeting a wise man who knows the sea, a maiden who once made the sea do whatever SHE wanted, and the sandcastles, once again, after doing a little swimming and realizing that the sea is not THAT big after all.

I'm sure that sorting the images will be loads of fun for some talented people.
It's about time.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:26 pm UTC

Caswallon wrote:Yay! The Blitzgirl approaches our present!

Although, I'm tempted to denote the meeting of Blitzgirl and our present as "Blitzpocalypse", but then again it could also be "Blitzrapture"!

Blitzapalooza.

Speaking of BlitzGirl, every time I read one of her posts it feels very different from the PresentPosts. Oblivious of our squabbles and rants. One post miffed, BlitzGirl nostalgiaing for us, next post miffed again, like it didn't even happen. It discombobulates me a little bit. In a good way, I'm sure. :)

jovialbard wrote: That's american standard though, I'm pretty sure Paula Deen speaks a few words with at least a quad-thong.

Could you not say Paula Dean and thong in the same sentence!

buffygirl wrote:Image
For tman2nd.

Too awesome! A cat in a hat with a cat in its hat. Or a hat sandwich with cat as the bread.

KarMann wrote:'climatic' = 'of climate'; 'climactic' = 'of climax'

And LaPetite Mort = climax.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

htom

Postby htom » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:27 pm UTC

ggh wrote:
edo wrote:
Flado wrote:Mine also had their personal nicknames; what I mean is a generic female nickname you use when you don't know the real one (and in some other situations which vary by country, language, and intent). Maybe something like "kid", or "kiddo", but genderful. Is there such a thing in English?.

yeah, English doesn't quite work like that, you can rarely call someone directly by an adjective ( I have seen it for deminutives, "fatty" or "cutie" would be equivalent to "Gordinho" and "Lindinho" in Portuguese. but there is no "littlie" in English. the other way is to call the person (or thing) by the (indefinite?) pronoun "one" use an adjective on that (little one, smart one (of course smarty exists), etc)

I always called my daughter "Little Girl" before she was born (and that among an assortment of other endearments afterwards) but I was delighted to hear my native New Zealander friend calling her son "Little-ie" (Littlie? Little-y?). So maybe it's just American English that lacks that.

Edit: PS: Congrats Jovialbard and Jonas79!

Yes, congrats to Jovialbard and Jonas79 !

A locally common name for the tiny ones, especially when they're being a pain, is "rug rat(s)"; genderless, however.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

Ptarr

Postby Ptarr » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 pm UTC

And time did NOT end.

Although I feel pretty secure claiming that it IS the end of not only a period, but an entire era.

I believe that we'll stay with the castle and thus it's the end of the Megan&Cueball era. What the new era will be about, is unknown.
My prediction is that after a few newpix of raising sea level, something new will arrive. Whether it'll be other humans, seagulls or raptors, I don't dare to predict.

Of course, we could also follow Megan&Cueball and it'll be the end of the sandcastle era (or both), but I find this unlikely.

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:31 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:That is such a sad, pathetic "bye." And BlitzGirl was just saying how cheerful HER present (our past) was. Maybe we should all go live in the past.

FTFY.

lmjb1964 wrote:That watersemencancercoffeebabybaconice is rising rather quickly.

Not in the past 8 newpix it hasn't. But once Megan is off-screen, it will probably pick up again.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

descor

Postby descor » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:34 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:That watersemencancercoffeebabybaconice is rising rather quickly.

Not in the past 8 newpix it hasn't. But once Megan is off-screen, it will probably pick up again.

Are you suggesting there is some causal link between Megan and the tide? <Fat joke goes here>

Keep on treking Vytron

Wait for it.

time burglar

Postby time burglar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:35 pm UTC

Hello brothers and sisters.

I thought this would be a good time to join, as events are clearly just starting to warm up. I was also roused into action by the post 2^14 milestone. I hope I will not offend any customs.

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:37 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:Thread length at 214 posts, at least until the moderators change something. That's not good enough for me.

(And yes, there is at least minimal moderation taking place. A double-post of mine from 80 pages back is now gone.)

What you said is gone? Or the posts were combined?
(I never got why double-posting is conidered so horrible.)

I think it might be over, but as sad as it is, it's still lovely. Time passes.

...I hope it's not though.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

lunarul

Postby lunarul » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:41 pm UTC

Just in case nobody mentioned this theory before: I think this IS an April Fool's joke, but not for this year; it's building up to April 1st 2014!
I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 pm UTC

ggh wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:Thread length at 214 posts, at least until the moderators change something. That's not good enough for me.

What you said is gone? Or the posts were combined?
(I never got why double-posting is conidered so horrible.)

I combine-edited the posts myself, then flagged the second (newly-emptied) one. A few days later, poof!

123Adz321

Postby 123Adz321 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:47 pm UTC

lunarul wrote:Just in case nobody mentioned this theory before: I think this IS an April Fool's joke, but not for this year; it's building up to April 1st 2014!

Interesting theory...
What sort of 'punchline' would it have though? (since merely continuing on to next year wouldn't necessarily constitute a joke)
Dear Time travellers, I bring a gift from the future: A userscript for Chrome (Tampermonkey) or Firefox (Greasemonkey)
This will convert outside time to the One True Time of Newpix
- Courtesy of Pikrass
Spoiler:

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:52 pm UTC

airdrik wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, fine. If you are going to go then go! Leave us here to wallow in our self-pity while we wait for it (the sea to consume sandcastles (our hopes and dreams, leaving only our fears and uncertainty)).
Leave. I never want to see you again (by which I really mean I want you to stay forever and ever and ever and never leave and continue to build sandcastles and to actually find out what the sea is doing and ... Or at least come back within a reasonable number of newpix with your scientific findings so we can help you figure the whole thing out)

Lovely rant. Kudos. Here's a kudos bar.

lunarul wrote:Just in case nobody mentioned this theory before: I think this IS an April Fool's joke, but not for this year; it's building up to April 1st 2014!

Hah. I don't know if it would work. So much effort wasted as people forget about this during holidays and summer. We might remember to check it next year...but how many of us. Gotta prank the whole fanbase, not just the devoted nerds.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:54 pm UTC

descor wrote:Are you suggesting there is some causal link between Megan and the tide? <Fat joke goes here>

Like "Ol' Flat Top" from the classic Beatles song "Come Together", Megan is so attractive that she's hard to see.

Because any light which reaches her is unable to escape.

Because her attractiveness is gravitational.

...cuz she fat.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:55 pm UTC

Finally catching up again, after ~24 TimeFrames away, after being caught up for the first time in ~130 TimeFrames.

<walltext>
Spoiler:
ChronosDragon wrote:
buffygirl wrote:I had just decided to coma when I thought to myself that I should write down the page number upon which I had stopped reading (that page number being 404). Knowing I had a small whiteboard to my immediate right which I had cleaned months ago, I confidently reached for a pen, but as I turned my head I saw that the number 361 had already been written! What could it mean?!?

I can only conclude that this is a message to me from the past. I must now delve1 into my history to study newpage 361 to determine the Truth! NewPage 404 means nothing! Wait, who typed that? NewPage 404 is EVERYTHING! It's all we have!

1 this is sooooo not happening

Edits: language, typos, presentation, stuff....

Let's see... 361 is 19 squared... also is a centered triangular number, a centered octagonal number, a centered decagonal number, a member of the Mian–Chowla sequence, and the number of positions on a standard 19 x 19 Go board.

I'm so much smarter sounding when wikipedia's around.

I think I have a new favorite series of numbers, the centered octagonal series. It's just so convenient and elegant, all the squares of odd integers...

Flotter wrote:
Jonas79 wrote:
Flado wrote:
Jonas79 wrote:Hope they come back before the sea starts to destroy more of the castle...

Don't count on them - my hope lies with La Petite

Yes, maybe La Petite™ will save the day :D She did arrive shortly after my wife and I found out that we were expecting, which is always a good sign :D

Congratulations!

Picking a name should be fairly easy, with so few options available. Cueball or Randall for a boy, Megan, La Petite or BlitzGirl for a girl ;)

You forgot Rob. Which would be my vote for male. BlitzGirl for female, of course.
VoronX wrote:(Interesting things, and...)

Edit: And I forgot to add: I totally dreamed about you guys while I coma'd! Crazy...

I completely understand. A few comas ago, I dreamt doing something about this needle-pulled thing while flying about in a blue police box. Still trying to figure that one out.
BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 378 out of 408 pages.
Third Megan Period. NP 792.

(Other things)
Kieryn wrote:(Awesome list of nouns)

Okay, Kieryn-of-the-pastpages is sheer awesomeness, especially because of this: http://jsfiddle.net/fgxda/20/embedded/result/
Latent22 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Thanks for the Cake!!!
To help motivate you on your journey BlitzGirl I have a quote from YOUR future.

Further confirmation that cake awaits me in coming newpages. How exciting! :D
Onward to the cake!

Congrats on having been the most mentioned noun for at least 3 days daypix now!

And, if you had only known how close you were to the cake, it would have been awesome. Well, I guess it was awesome as it was, since it was cake, but you know what I mean.
buffygirl wrote:
SPACKlick wrote:OhmygoditwasearthallalONG

For the past month, in addition to my duties as Arch-Cardinal, I have been watching for the first time all seasons of a particular show that everyone here has seen. I actually *don't* know how it ends, and if you just spoiled it for me, I will be very upset!!! Please Randall, remove this possible knowledge from my head!!!

OHMYGOD IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE SAME SHOW I JUST WATCHED FOR A SOLID 3 WEEKS!
Then again, it might not... what show was yours?
higgs-boson wrote:
Montov wrote:Bye Megan.

That's such a ... sad ... "bye" ...

:((((((((((((
This definitely wasn't the first frame of the OTC that made me sad, but it may have been the first to make me shed tears... hopefully it turns out not to be as depressing as it seems as first glance...

Oh Randall, if this is true it's going to be really tough to stave off the Outside for so many Timeframes... this week is killing me enough, when I'm ouside of my native country for only the second time ever... but if it is was Randall requires, it is what he shall have! Assuming I can make it that far...

</walltext>

And, as it seems every time I catch up in the One True Thread, it is beyond Time to coma. I'll have the pleasure of what I miss overnight throughout tomorrow, though!

Edit 1: Spoilered the walltext... I hadn't realized how intimidating it would be until I posted it. Sorry!
Edit 2: Fixed my Spoilerfail from Edit 1... :oops:
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:07 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Please, no discussions about whether backwards-R is a vowel, or a diphthong, etc...

Happy to oblige ;-) "backwards-R", being Cyrillic Я, is clearly a vowel. Or a diphthong. I'm not sure. We have 6 vowels, and neither Ю nor Я were among them at the time. The sounds are like "yu" and "ya", respectively, so maybe they are diphthongs. I wish I knew the difference, but now I must transcend to coma again, even before catching up. I feel blitzy.
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 382 out of 409 pages.
The Little French Girl Period. NP 802.

Such wonderful happenings in only a few short newpages! Okay, first, LaPetite showed up in the One True Comic, and apparently some of you thought it was me:
Spoiler:
tman2nd wrote:
Caswallon wrote:<snip>
The only thing we need now, is for Blitzgirl to show up in the comic, and then everything would be complete!

That would be amazing. :D

It truly would be!
mscha wrote:
XonqNopp wrote:Oh no, I think I figured it out... It's BlitzGirl!!!!!! :shock:

That'd be awesome!
Image Image
Could be...

I must say, there is a certain resemblance - especially since I began wearing the beret. :D
ggh wrote:Of course!
If a tree falls in an uninhabited forest.... the sandcastles need BlitzGirl to witness them!

And indeed I am! Although the observation is happening from the same dimension as all of you. I do believe I would have noticed had I wandered into the One True Comic inadvertently, but you never know. Perhaps it will happen sometime in my future!

Then apparently some posters of pages 380-382 got together some time in the future and decided to throw a PASTPARTY! Aw, you're all so nice! Here is the full party experience I enjoyed:
Spoiler:
tman2nd wrote:EDIT: Oh, hi there Blitzgirl. Make yourself comfortable. We have a seat saved for you. :)

lmjb1964 wrote:Edited: Oh, uh, hello, Blitzgirl! Well, this is an awkward time for you to stop by. Heh heh, pay no attention to that friendly little squabble. Why don't you just have seat in that chair that tman2nd pulled up for you, and have a nice glass of nut punch.

Jafloi wrote:[Edit:] Eating some future cake from some post down... ...mmhm...Tasty! :D

Latent22 wrote:
Kazza3 wrote:
Caswallon wrote:The only thing we need now, is for Blitzgirl to show up in the comic, and then everything would be complete!

Oh my... Welcome, Blitzgirl!

I would like to formally welcome BlitzGirl into the OTC!!!!

To welcome you here I've baked a cake (well actually I just stole it)

Here have some. *Latent22 hands BlitzGirl some cake*

I hope you appreciate all the work we had to go though. Blackmailing Randall into adding you in wasn't easy. By the way Randall your puppy is in a box on the corner of 5th and madison.
manvandmaan wrote:It's a little French girl?

Or... No... It couldn't be! :o It's BlitzGirl!

WELCOME TO THE OTC!

Just in case it is just a french girl and not BlitzGirl I name her LaPetite!
Edit: sorry missed the e.
Edit2: her fathers last name is Mort by the way but she has taken her mothers name instead and this must never be mentioned again!

Angelastic wrote:Edit: Hang on! Yeah, you're right, it's BlitzGirl! How come I didn't see the similarity before? She's travelled in time and now she's travelled into another dimension(ality?) Better get out my party noisemaker thingy! *phwooooooooooob*

ggh wrote:Edit: isn't a hundred of us online at this time a bit high? I guess not, when the word got out that BlitzGirl had made her appearance!
BlitzGirl! Over here! Try the pavlova I made you!

ggh wrote:Cups! I bet we could do that now - Thanks!
Gonna go coma after this epic party for BlitzGirl - tomorrow: cups!

RobIrr wrote:Munches on cake... Yummy! Thanks, BlitzGirl.

manvandmaan wrote:And also, thanks for the delicious cake!

Thank you, everyone! I had such a wonderful Time! Stolen Sandcastle cake is the best!
*puts a piece for jovialbard in a small tupperware, puts tupperware into the vest-of-many-pockets*
Oh, and so as not to mess with the space-Time continuum:
Thanks for the Cake!!!

I'm not sure if this was originally part of the party, but IT SHOULD BE! -
Dracomax wrote:Oh, and I finished my onerous task. After many timeframes of waiting, watching and listening, I've come to a conclusion. Anyone encoding their text will henceforth and retroactively be dipped chocolate Syrup, and covered in shredded Licorice. THUS SPEAKS THE INQUISITION.

Some lovely sigcouragement:
Spoiler:
Caswallon wrote:Congratulations Blitzgirl! I knew you could do it! (What, am I being a little preemptive?)

I certainly hope you're not very preemptive! :D

XonqNopp wrote:BlitzSupporter :)

Oh my God Randall, what a mess we have done in here... Good luck BlitzGirl...

Oh dear - thank you!

manvandmaan wrote:You're getting close, BlitzGirl! The Croissants will be oven-fresh when you arrive!
But if you want those treats, tread the thread with care, cause tears may cause tears!

Oven-fresh! So many scrumptious baked goods!

Oh, and I finally figured out what those tears were all about:
Ebonite wrote:Wouldn't it be interesting if, for example, in the next time interval, while we're all paying attention to what this new arrival La Petite is doing in the present, Cueball suddenly reappeared back in frame 675 and caught Megan when she fell out of the bucket? And how would this affect Cueball-675, sitting on the upper level of the sandcastle, watching his future self appear out of nowhere and do this?

Why, this could completely rip the fabric of time. And what would it do to our beloved Blitzgirl as she's traveling rapidly through time when she hits one of these tears at full speed? She may never have the chance to encounter the original timestream as she's diverted down the new timestream as it's rewritten dynamically. . .

I certainly hope no TimeTears await me in the future! (Or in the past!)

In conclusion, a few more pastposts:
Spoiler:
AK49BWL wrote:On a side note, throughout my lurking here I have been cheering on BlitzGirl and Waiting for her to reach the present Time - In fact, (if I can yet, I don't have 5 posts) I'll even throw in some sig-couragement!

Thank you, AK49BWL! :)

manvandmaan wrote:<snip>
Dear BlitzGirl,

Sorry for this LongPost. I know you read it ALL and this post will have cost you some Time. My sincerest apologies! I will make sure the Croissants are not stale when you arrive to the present(s)!
(and also my apologies for the whole 'let's spur BlitzGirl on by deleting the Thread behind her' post! I do not think you are too slow, I was merely extracting some comedy out of the situation! hope you liked it!)

My most sincerest regards!
manvandemaan

I thought it was funny :D - one of my titles is Blitzrandir, after all!

Jafloi wrote:
RobIrr wrote:<snip> And what does it say about me that I got all giddy as I hit the bottom of the page and saw BlitzGirl was online ?
:D

Probably that you are like most of us on this tread? :lol:

[Edit:] Cheering on BlitzGirl! **Cheer cheer** :D :D :D (did it work?)

Yay yay yay!

Wow, this leg of my Quest has been so upbeat! Yay yay yay! Onward I go! *skips*

Thanks everyone for helping with the party!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:09 pm UTC

OH NOES!!! MEGAN'S GONE FOR REALS! ALL HOPE IS GONE! MEGANPOCALYPSE!!

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:10 pm UTC

They're gone. *sigh*

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:13 pm UTC

azule wrote:OH NOES!!! MEGAN'S GONE FOR REALS! ALL HOPE IS GONE! MEGANPOCALYPSE!!

Wait, Gone? you mean like Gone gone? She isn't really Gone gone, is she? She's just gone, but not gone gone, right? They will be coming back again, right? .. Right?!?

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”