1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AK49BWL

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AK49BWL » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:00 am UTC

Playing ketchup again :lol:

Caswallon wrote:I know we have had at least one other attempt to track people's locations. But curious if anyone else is from the Puget Sound/Northwest US Region? Just noticed at least 2 other people who were.

I wonder at times if anyone else here, other than I, lives in Alaska...

BlitzGirl wrote:In conclusion, a few more pastposts:
AK49BWL wrote:On a side note, throughout my lurking here I have been cheering on BlitzGirl and Waiting for her to reach the present Time - In fact, (if I can yet, I don't have 5 posts) I'll even throw in some sig-couragement!

Thank you, AK49BWL! :)
Wow, this leg of my Quest has been so upbeat! Yay yay yay! Onward I go! *skips*

A mention by the One True Reader :shock: I am so honored!

On a side note, your name constantly reminds me of a favorite Time passer of mine... Bejeweled 8-)

jjjdavidson wrote:Okay, I'm a little freaked out now. No, I'm a lot freaked out.

Everybody's wondered, How did Randall generate the hashes? I thought about Externalities and the hash everyone was trying to break there, a Skein 1024 1024 hash.

But that's a 128-byte hash (256 hex digits) and the file names are only 32-byte (64 digits). But then I thought, Would it be so un-Randallish to generate a 1024-bit hash and only use 256 bits? So I wrote a script to test the Externalites hash against the Time image folder, taking 64 hex digits at a time for the image name. 184 failures, then this, with the very last 64 digits of the hash.

I don't know how many frames in the future this is, but here's:
b567aa3e2390a573a373a48a5e676640c79cc70197e1c5e7f902fb53ca1858b6.png
Spoiler:
So you see why I'm freaked out.

I'll admit, I did a double-take. Then logic took over :D

Anyway, there's no way this is the end.. Megan's "bye" is but a precursor to something even greater. Well, I can still have hope, can't I?? --I think I can have a sig now, too!
Last edited by AK49BWL on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:05 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Follower of the One True Comic

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:03 am UTC

Right, so .... I don't know nuthin' bout hashes and ... all that other stuff ....

This is what you say:
jjjdavidson wrote:But that's a 128-byte hash (256 hex digits) and the file names are only 32-byte (64 digits). But then I thought, Would it be so un-Randallish to generate a 1024-bit hash and only use 256 bits? So I wrote a script to test the Externalites hash against the Time image folder, taking 64 hex digits at a time for the image name. 184 failures, then this, with the very last 64 digits of the hash.

And this is what I hear:
jjjdavidson wrote:Blah blah blah 128 blah hash (256 blah blah) and the blah blah blah blah 32-blah (64 blah). But then I thought, Blah blah blah un-Randallish to blah blah 1024-blah hash and blah blah 256 blah? So I blah blah blah blah blah blah Externalites hash blah blah Time blah blah, blah 64 blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. 184 blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah 64 blah blah blah blah.

:lol:
Attachments
blahblah.jpg

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:03 am UTC

Was this posted already?
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:08 am UTC

Just some ripples from last newpix's sea wall collapse.
Time_sea_level_rise_20130426_0100.png
Time_sea_level_rise_20130426_0100.png (2.18 KiB) Viewed 7874 times
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:11 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 382 out of 409 pages.
The Little French Girl Period. NP 802.

Such wonderful happenings in only a few short newpages! Okay, first, LaPetite showed up in the One True Comic, and apparently some of you thought it was me:
Spoiler:
tman2nd wrote:
Caswallon wrote:<snip>
The only thing we need now, is for Blitzgirl to show up in the comic, and then everything would be complete!

That would be amazing. :D

It truly would be!
mscha wrote:
XonqNopp wrote:Oh no, I think I figured it out... It's BlitzGirl!!!!!! :shock:

That'd be awesome!
Image Image
Could be...

I must say, there is a certain resemblance - especially since I began wearing the beret. :D
ggh wrote:Of course!
If a tree falls in an uninhabited forest.... the sandcastles need BlitzGirl to witness them!

And indeed I am! Although the observation is happening from the same dimension as all of you. I do believe I would have noticed had I wandered into the One True Comic inadvertently, but you never know. Perhaps it will happen sometime in my future!

Then apparently some posters of pages 380-382 got together some time in the future and decided to throw a PASTPARTY! Aw, you're all so nice! Here is the full party experience I enjoyed:
Spoiler:
tman2nd wrote:EDIT: Oh, hi there Blitzgirl. Make yourself comfortable. We have a seat saved for you. :)

lmjb1964 wrote:Edited: Oh, uh, hello, Blitzgirl! Well, this is an awkward time for you to stop by. Heh heh, pay no attention to that friendly little squabble. Why don't you just have seat in that chair that tman2nd pulled up for you, and have a nice glass of nut punch.

Jafloi wrote:[Edit:] Eating some future cake from some post down... ...mmhm...Tasty! :D

Latent22 wrote:
Kazza3 wrote:
Caswallon wrote:The only thing we need now, is for Blitzgirl to show up in the comic, and then everything would be complete!

Oh my... Welcome, Blitzgirl!

I would like to formally welcome BlitzGirl into the OTC!!!!

To welcome you here I've baked a cake (well actually I just stole it)

Here have some. *Latent22 hands BlitzGirl some cake*

I hope you appreciate all the work we had to go though. Blackmailing Randall into adding you in wasn't easy. By the way Randall your puppy is in a box on the corner of 5th and madison.
manvandmaan wrote:It's a little French girl?

Or... No... It couldn't be! :o It's BlitzGirl!

WELCOME TO THE OTC!

Just in case it is just a french girl and not BlitzGirl I name her LaPetite!
Edit: sorry missed the e.
Edit2: her fathers last name is Mort by the way but she has taken her mothers name instead and this must never be mentioned again!

Angelastic wrote:Edit: Hang on! Yeah, you're right, it's BlitzGirl! How come I didn't see the similarity before? She's travelled in time and now she's travelled into another dimension(ality?) Better get out my party noisemaker thingy! *phwooooooooooob*

ggh wrote:Edit: isn't a hundred of us online at this time a bit high? I guess not, when the word got out that BlitzGirl had made her appearance!
BlitzGirl! Over here! Try the pavlova I made you!

ggh wrote:Cups! I bet we could do that now - Thanks!
Gonna go coma after this epic party for BlitzGirl - tomorrow: cups!

RobIrr wrote:Munches on cake... Yummy! Thanks, BlitzGirl.

manvandmaan wrote:And also, thanks for the delicious cake!

Thank you, everyone! I had such a wonderful Time! Stolen Sandcastle cake is the best!
*puts a piece for jovialbard in a small tupperware, puts tupperware into the vest-of-many-pockets*
Oh, and so as not to mess with the space-Time continuum:
Thanks for the Cake!!!

I'm not sure if this was originally part of the party, but IT SHOULD BE! -
Dracomax wrote:Oh, and I finished my onerous task. After many timeframes of waiting, watching and listening, I've come to a conclusion. Anyone encoding their text will henceforth and retroactively be dipped chocolate Syrup, and covered in shredded Licorice. THUS SPEAKS THE INQUISITION.

Some lovely sigcouragement:
Spoiler:
Caswallon wrote:Congratulations Blitzgirl! I knew you could do it! (What, am I being a little preemptive?)

I certainly hope you're not very preemptive! :D

XonqNopp wrote:BlitzSupporter :)

Oh my God Randall, what a mess we have done in here... Good luck BlitzGirl...

Oh dear - thank you!

manvandmaan wrote:You're getting close, BlitzGirl! The Croissants will be oven-fresh when you arrive!
But if you want those treats, tread the thread with care, cause tears may cause tears!

Oven-fresh! So many scrumptious baked goods!

Oh, and I finally figured out what those tears were all about:
Ebonite wrote:Wouldn't it be interesting if, for example, in the next time interval, while we're all paying attention to what this new arrival La Petite is doing in the present, Cueball suddenly reappeared back in frame 675 and caught Megan when she fell out of the bucket? And how would this affect Cueball-675, sitting on the upper level of the sandcastle, watching his future self appear out of nowhere and do this?

Why, this could completely rip the fabric of time. And what would it do to our beloved Blitzgirl as she's traveling rapidly through time when she hits one of these tears at full speed? She may never have the chance to encounter the original timestream as she's diverted down the new timestream as it's rewritten dynamically. . .

I certainly hope no TimeTears await me in the future! (Or in the past!)

In conclusion, a few more pastposts:
Spoiler:
AK49BWL wrote:On a side note, throughout my lurking here I have been cheering on BlitzGirl and Waiting for her to reach the present Time - In fact, (if I can yet, I don't have 5 posts) I'll even throw in some sig-couragement!

Thank you, AK49BWL! :)

manvandmaan wrote:<snip>
Dear BlitzGirl,

Sorry for this LongPost. I know you read it ALL and this post will have cost you some Time. My sincerest apologies! I will make sure the Croissants are not stale when you arrive to the present(s)!
(and also my apologies for the whole 'let's spur BlitzGirl on by deleting the Thread behind her' post! I do not think you are too slow, I was merely extracting some comedy out of the situation! hope you liked it!)

My most sincerest regards!
manvandemaan

I thought it was funny :D - one of my titles is Blitzrandir, after all!

Jafloi wrote:
RobIrr wrote:<snip> And what does it say about me that I got all giddy as I hit the bottom of the page and saw BlitzGirl was online ?
:D

Probably that you are like most of us on this tread? :lol:

[Edit:] Cheering on BlitzGirl! **Cheer cheer** :D :D :D (did it work?)

Yay yay yay!

Wow, this leg of my Quest has been so upbeat! Yay yay yay! Onward I go! *skips*

Thanks everyone for helping with the party!

Damn. I missed it. :(

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 am UTC

AK49BWL wrote:[snip]

You're using logic? I'm sorry--I find that much too risky here.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:15 am UTC

Soup wrote:Many thanks to mscha and any and all other members of the "Guild of People Who Know How to Do That Red/ Green Pixel Thing!" I would be blind by now if I had to gauge caffeinatedsemencancerbabybaconicesea-levels on my own. :wink:

Indeed. Maybe we could press the bot into service, posting the Red/Green Pixel Thing after each Newpix, at least until the action picks up again. (With a tiny, tinkling bell sound, perhaps.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:17 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:Damn. I missed it. :(

Here have some Cake!

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:18 am UTC

SBN wrote:
Soup wrote:Many thanks to mscha and any and all other members of the "Guild of People Who Know How to Do That Red/ Green Pixel Thing!" I would be blind by now if I had to gauge caffeinatedsemencancerbabybaconicesea-levels on my own. :wink:

Indeed. Maybe we could press the bot into service, posting the Red/Green Pixel Thing after each Newpix, at least until the action picks up again. (With a tiny, tinkling bell sound, perhaps.)

Not too many rhymes for "tinkle", unfortunately. Wrinkle, Sinkhole, Nickle...only a few. Maybe "tink," that has a few more.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:20 am UTC

Random thought: What if the far side of the sea were occupied by similar but giant-sized Megan & Cueball, who also have sandcastles, but theirs are just simply collapsing into the sea of their own accord . . . which then displaces enough water, being so large, that the seamencancerbaconbabyonice level of the whole sea is bumped up (even though I haven't seen any stick figures running naked through the street shouting "Eureka!" yet) noticeably on the smaller scale of this side? It would fit with Megan's suggestion that it might be land instead of water seamencancerbaconbabyonice that's increasing the level.

OK, no, I really don't think so, just an amusing notion.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:20 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
vvn wrote:In a couple weeks the number of newpix will exceed the number of comics.

Maybe that's what...
we're waiting for.

AluisioASG, I like your new *ahem* hat. *pouts* but ..... WAHHHHHHHH! *cries*
Spoiler:
Crying_Witch_line_drawing_by_Shouhda (1).jpg
Crying_Witch_line_drawing_by_Shouhda (1).jpg (7.87 KiB) Viewed 7861 times

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:20 am UTC

But nickle rhymes with tickle, not tinkle.

What about BELL?
(Say, did anyone notice my 666th post, because I didn't‽)
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:22 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
Spoiler:

Here have some Cake!

Awwwww! Thank you!!

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:25 am UTC

Are you sure that's cake? It looks like sand to me.
Hmm.
Maybe the stuff in Time is also cake. Black Forest Cake.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

AK49BWL

Postby AK49BWL » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:30 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:

Hmm, logic has seemed to spark off a few, erm... Discussions here. I think I'll dissuade my mind from the use of logic from now on :wink:

I have a serious question though! I saw the ripples in the caffeinecancersemenbabywhateverthehellitis, and had a thought.. Just how many different ways has this liquid been termed? Then I remembered a certain link from several NewPages ago...

Spoiler:
semencancerbabies
semencoffeecancerbabies
caffeinatedsemenbabycoffeebacon
caffeinesemencancerbabies
semencancercaffeinebabies
semencancerbabycoffee
baconcaffeinatedsemencancerbabies
seminatedcoffeecancerbabies
semencaffeinecancerbaconbabiesonice
caffeinatedsemencancerbabies
semenatedcoffeecancerbabybacon
semencoffeecancerbaby
coffeesemencancerbabies
caffeinsemencancerbaby
semenatedcancerbabyicedcoffee
caffinatedsemencancerbabies
caffeinatedsemenbabybacontrebuchets
sandcancerbabysemencoffee
caffienatedsemenbaby
semencaffeinatedbaconcancerbabiesonice
caffeineseminatedcancerbabies
semencaffeinatedbaconcancerbaby
semenatedcoffeecancerbaby
caffeinatedsemencancerbaby
caffienatedsemunbabies
ensemenatedcoffeebabycancerjuice
semencaffeinecancerbabies
semencaffeinecancerbunnies
caffinatedcoffeeicebabymud
semencaffeinecancerbunny
semenatedcaffeinebaconcancerbaby
semenatedcaffiecancercoffebabywatersandice
caffinatedsemenbabycoffee
semencafeinbabycancer
caffinatedbabysemencoffeecancerdandrufcrudeoil
semencaffeinatedbaconcancerbunny
sandcoffeeemenatedbabyice
caffeinsemencancerbabies
cancercaffeinesemenwtfbbqsaucebaconbabies
caffeinatedsemenbabycancer
semencancerwhateverfluid
pixedsandbaconsemenatedbabycancerdandruffleggotoner
semensandcancerbabywatercoffeetonerpixelices
sementedcafinatedcancerbabycofeeice
dandruffsemencaffinecancerbabbybaconcoffeewithasideofglutenfreetoast
semencancercoffeebaconbabiesonice
caffeinesemencancerbunnybabies
semenatedcoffeedam
semencancercoffeebaby
semencaffeinecancercrudeoilhelpimtrappedinauniversefactoryraptorbacononice
semencafeinbabycancermaybe
caffeinatedcancerbaby
seminatedcoffeecaffienecancerbabbyicewater
semencancercoffeebabbybaconice
semencancerbaconbabycoffee
sandcastlesemenbabies
baconcancerhydrophobes
cancersemenbaconicebabies
semenatedcaffinebabbycancerwater
semenatedicecancerbabysand
semencaffeinatedcancerbabies
semencaffeinecancerbaby
miscarriedcancerbabies
seminatedcoffeebaconcancerbabies
semencoffeebaconicebabies
semencancercoffeebaconicebabbies
coffeesemenbabywater
semencaffeinecancer
baconcancerbabies
semencaffeinebacon
coffeesemenbabies
seamencancerbabby
semencoffeefluid
semencancerbabys

caffeenatedsemenoilbaconbabycancermercuryliquidmethanevinegarsodajimbeamontherocks
semenwordscaffeinesandcastlebabypopetimecoffecancerbabywaithowdoesthisgoagainhelpimtrappedinanoddsubstancesfactorypleasesendhelp

.....I give up.

Thanks to Kieryn, yet again... http://kieryn.com/xkcd-time/data/top5000timeNouns.txt

And WHICH of these is the correct term, or are they all???

Clearly I have too much time on my hands to go through and find every named mention of the so-called Sea (is BIG).

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:32 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Not too many rhymes for "tinkle", unfortunately. Wrinkle, Sinkhole, Nickle...only a few. Maybe "tink," that has a few more.

Well, there have been a lot more ONGs used than exist, so I'm not too worried about that.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:38 am UTC

spamspamsausagescaffeinbabbiescancerandspam

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:43 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
cmyk wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:Okay, I'm a little freaked out now. No, I'm a lot freaked out.

Everybody's wondered, How did Randall generate the hashes? I thought about Externalities and the hash everyone was trying to break there, a Skein 1024 1024 hash.

But that's a 128-byte hash (256 hex digits) and the file names are only 32-byte (64 digits). But then I thought, Would it be so un-Randallish to generate a 1024-bit hash and only use 256 bits? So I wrote a script to test the Externalites hash against the Time image folder, taking 64 hex digits at a time for the image name. 184 failures, then this, with the very last 64 digits of the hash.

I don't know how many frames in the future this is, but here's:
b567aa3e2390a573a373a48a5e676640c79cc70197e1c5e7f902fb53ca1858b6.png
Spoiler:
So you see why I'm freaked out.

:shock:

Spoiler:
You alllllmost had me. ;)

You people are sooooo gullible!

Pfff. That's not even a word. Someone told me it's not even in the dictionary.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:48 am UTC

KarMann wrote:(even though I haven't seen any stick figures running naked through the street shouting "Eureka!" yet)

How do you differentiate between a naked stick figure and a dressed up?

Unless... wait, no...

buffygirl wrote:AluisioASG, I like your new *ahem* hat. *pouts* but ..... WAHHHHHHHH! *cries*

I know you're busy so I had to improvise one. Feel free to make me another one: just take this, take the hair out (this is a really important step) and put the hat (preferentially a fedora, as it fits the fact I my avatar is bald).

AK49BWL wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:

Hmm, logic has seemed to spark off a few, erm... Discussions here. I think I'll dissuade my mind from the use of logic from now on :wink:

I have a serious question though! I saw the ripples in the caffeinecancersemenbabywhateverthehellitis, and had a thought.. Just how many different ways has this liquid been termed? Then I remembered a certain link from several NewPages ago...

Spoiler:
semencancerbabies
semencoffeecancerbabies
caffeinatedsemenbabycoffeebacon
caffeinesemencancerbabies
semencancercaffeinebabies
semencancerbabycoffee
baconcaffeinatedsemencancerbabies
seminatedcoffeecancerbabies
semencaffeinecancerbaconbabiesonice
caffeinatedsemencancerbabies
semenatedcoffeecancerbabybacon
semencoffeecancerbaby
coffeesemencancerbabies
caffeinsemencancerbaby
semenatedcancerbabyicedcoffee
caffinatedsemencancerbabies
caffeinatedsemenbabybacontrebuchets
sandcancerbabysemencoffee
caffienatedsemenbaby
semencaffeinatedbaconcancerbabiesonice
caffeineseminatedcancerbabies
semencaffeinatedbaconcancerbaby
semenatedcoffeecancerbaby
caffeinatedsemencancerbaby
caffienatedsemunbabies
ensemenatedcoffeebabycancerjuice
semencaffeinecancerbabies
semencaffeinecancerbunnies
caffinatedcoffeeicebabymud
semencaffeinecancerbunny
semenatedcaffeinebaconcancerbaby
semenatedcaffiecancercoffebabywatersandice
caffinatedsemenbabycoffee
semencafeinbabycancer
caffinatedbabysemencoffeecancerdandrufcrudeoil
semencaffeinatedbaconcancerbunny
sandcoffeeemenatedbabyice
caffeinsemencancerbabies
cancercaffeinesemenwtfbbqsaucebaconbabies
caffeinatedsemenbabycancer
semencancerwhateverfluid
pixedsandbaconsemenatedbabycancerdandruffleggotoner
semensandcancerbabywatercoffeetonerpixelices
sementedcafinatedcancerbabycofeeice
dandruffsemencaffinecancerbabbybaconcoffeewithasideofglutenfreetoast
semencancercoffeebaconbabiesonice
caffeinesemencancerbunnybabies
semenatedcoffeedam
semencancercoffeebaby
semencaffeinecancercrudeoilhelpimtrappedinauniversefactoryraptorbacononice
semencafeinbabycancermaybe
caffeinatedcancerbaby
seminatedcoffeecaffienecancerbabbyicewater
semencancercoffeebabbybaconice
semencancerbaconbabycoffee
sandcastlesemenbabies
baconcancerhydrophobes
cancersemenbaconicebabies
semenatedcaffinebabbycancerwater
semenatedicecancerbabysand
semencaffeinatedcancerbabies
semencaffeinecancerbaby
miscarriedcancerbabies
seminatedcoffeebaconcancerbabies
semencoffeebaconicebabies
semencancercoffeebaconicebabbies
coffeesemenbabywater
semencaffeinecancer
baconcancerbabies
semencaffeinebacon
coffeesemenbabies
seamencancerbabby
semencoffeefluid
semencancerbabys

caffeenatedsemenoilbaconbabycancermercuryliquidmethanevinegarsodajimbeamontherocks
semenwordscaffeinesandcastlebabypopetimecoffecancerbabywaithowdoesthisgoagainhelpimtrappedinanoddsubstancesfactorypleasesendhelp

.....I give up.

Thanks to Kieryn, yet again... http://kieryn.com/xkcd-time/data/top5000timeNouns.txt

And WHICH of these is the correct term, or are they all???

Clearly I have too much time on my hands to go through and find every named mention of the so-called Sea (is BIG).

Calm down, buddy. It's just water.
SHEEPLE WATER!

Eternal Density wrote:spamspamsausagescaffeinbabbiescancerandspam heresy

FTFY
Last edited by AluisioASG on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:52 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:50 am UTC

This post intentionally left blank.
Last edited by AluisioASG on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:51 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:50 am UTC

cmyk wrote:
buffygirl wrote:You people are sooooo gullible!

By golly, you're right! "Sooooo" isn't in any of my dictionaries, anyway...

AluisioASG wrote:Calm down, buddy. It's just water.
SHEEPLE WATER!
B-A-A-A-A-A
He awoke the sheeple! Heaven forgive us! All is lost!

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:59 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
cmyk wrote:

It's in this one.

Some Ways to Time

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:01 am UTC

BLONG!
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:04 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
buffygirl wrote:AluisioASG, I like your new *ahem* hat. *pouts* but ..... WAHHHHHHHH! *cries*

I know you're busy so I had to improvise one. Feel free to make me another one: just take this, take the hair out (this is a really important step) and put the hat (preferentially a fedora, as it fits the fact I my avatar is bald).

What do you mean, busy?!?? I already made you one!!!

*BIG POUT*

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:07 am UTC

SBN wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:
cmyk wrote:

It's in this one.

So does the fact that you looked it up make you gullible, or me wrong, or the internet a seriously weird place?
Or all of the above?

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:10 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:

*BIG POUT*

I wasn't aware feelings were involved here or I would have refrained from creating my own hat so many newpages ago!

Buffygirl, I'd like to request a hat - just a hat, mind - with the sole condition that I put it on myself. I have the source file, after all.

Surprise me :D
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:10 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:10 am UTC

Wow...

Back on-line since logging off just before Megan's "bye" and I have a sea river caffinatedsemenbaconicedcoffee-pool of mixed emotions here...

Is this It??? Is Time really nearing an end!?!?! I was gone and was so happy to just get back to TIme after several days away, and restore the needed OTT-insanity to balance out the insanity of the Outside, and NOW it might be ending?

Before BlitzGirl makes it to the present???

And yet... The Newpixes keep coming, and the Holy hover-text still admonishes us to Wait For It.

So perhaps this is just the end of Megan and Cueball? Maybe the little girl can now get her friends and they can come and take over the abandoned castle. Maybe some other denizens of this pixellated universe (raptors???) can take over the progress of Time?

So with jumbled emotions, what can I do but...

Wait For It.
Last edited by StratPlayer on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:11 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:11 am UTC

StratPlayer wrote:Wow...

Back on-line since logging off just before Megan's "bye" and I have a sea river caffinatedsemenbaconicedcoffee-pool of mixed emotions here...

Is this It??? Is Time really nearing an end!?!?! I was gone and was so happy to just get back to TIme after several days away, and restore the needed OTT-insanity to balance out the insanity of the Outside, and NOW it might be ending?

Before BlitzGirl makes it to the present???

And yet... The Newpixes keep coming, and the Holy hover-text still admonishes us to Wait For It.

So perhaps this is just the end of Megan and Cueball? Maybe the little girl can now get her friends and they can come and take over the abandoned castle. Maybe some other denizens of this pixellated universe (raptors???) can take over the progress of Time?

So with jumbled emotions, what an I do but...

Wait For It.

If M&C were done, I would be sad, but like the end of the cycle of a Doctor, I'm sure we'd all collectively eventually get over it and move on with the new characters.

If the comic itself were over, that would be another story entirely.

edo

Postby edo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:14 am UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
edo wrote:
Flado wrote:Mine also had their personal nicknames; what I mean is a generic female nickname you use when you don't know the real one (and in some other situations which vary by country, language, and intent). Maybe something like "kid", or "kiddo", but genderful. Is there such a thing in English?.

yeah, English doesn't quite work like that, you can rarely call someone directly by an adjective ( I have seen it for deminutives, "fatty" or "cutie" would be equivalent to "Gordinho" and "Lindinho" in Portuguese. but there is no "littlie" in English. the other way is to call the person (or thing) by the (indefinite?) pronoun "one" use an adjective on that (little one, smart one (of course smarty exists), etc)

True, but there is "L'il", a semi-common prefix, especially for rappers (a LOT of LITTLES), but it is more of a Noun than a generic pronoun.

But if you're mad at someone who just broke your window or left a flaming bag of dog-pooh on your porch, but then you might use it as, "C'mere, you l'il shit!!!" so perhaps it would qualify as a generic pronoun in that case?

I was referring to using an adjective by itself. You can call someone a little anything, especially if they leave a pointy toy out to step on :P

QBBFTWGMO! The posting rate is so high I can't get my post to submit. For Blitz sake
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:15 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:

Here have some Cake!

Sorry I missed the retro-party for BlitzGirl!

But tasty cake! Thanks! Nomm, nom, nommm
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
SBN wrote:It's in this one.

So does the fact that you looked it up make you gullible, or me wrong, or the internet a seriously weird place?
Or all of the above?

I think you might be dictionary deprived, but I can't say you are wrong. And I'm not gullible, so the internet must be a weird place. (Not sure if it is seriously weird though. More frivolously weird, I think.)

Some Ways to Time

aeglaeca

Postby aeglaeca » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:29 am UTC

just caught up, after falling 15 NP behind.

Spoiler:
Angelastic, have to say I like the Haiku's, but it's really painful when you are trying to catch up :)

Congratulations Jovialbard (liked your song) and Jonas79. in the early pages, someone did predict we were waiting for a baby, they just got the papa wrong.

We called out baby "ta", which is the chinese pronoun for he/she in cantonese (or at least my wife tells me), as we didn't find out it was a girl until she was born. Now she's "bear".

cmyk wrote:Image

sweet!

buffygirl wrote:For tman2nd.

Awesome hat/bed.

jjjdavidson wrote:I don't know how many frames in the future this is, but here's:

Well done, had to put the hash in to check if it was real.

cmyk wrote:Now that M & C will be out of the picture for a bit, LaPetite should be making another appearance, perhaps with others, and unfold the next chapter.

Agreed, it would be really odd to introduce her only for her to just leave and play no role (other than generate 20+NewPages). maybe we'll get another zoom out.

cmyk
Location: Somewhere beyond the sands of time... In other words, Detroit MI.

Postby cmyk » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:31 am UTC

Caffeinecancersemenbabywhateverthehellitis is made of sheeple!

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." —Doc Brown

"I... can't describe it. This... means something... this... is important." –Roy Neary

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:33 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:

*BIG POUT*

Since I changed avatars, I mean.
PS What's that hat supposed to be? (I want a confirmation)

jjjdavidson wrote:
cmyk wrote:

SHEEPLE WATER!
B-A-A-A-A-A

I already did that somewhen in the first hundred pages.

AK49BWL

Postby AK49BWL » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:38 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
SHEEPLE WATER!
B-A-A-A-A-A

Dear Go Randall, what have I done :|
AluisioASG wrote:I already did that somewhen in the first hundred pages.

Oh. Well I feel better now.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:41 am UTC

AK49BWL wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:
SHEEPLE WATER!
B-A-A-A-A-A

Dear Go Randall, what have I done :|
AluisioASG wrote:I already did that somewhen in the first hundred pages.

Oh. Well I feel better now.

In fact, I've befriended the Sheeple in the meantime. I even convinced some of them to wait for it™, too.
EDIT: Am I pope again?

Ptarr

Postby Ptarr » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:50 am UTC

azule wrote:Anyone tried generating random hashes of the appropriate length and seeing if they exist on the server?
This might be pointless.

In the early newpix of Time, there was a ripple in its fabric and one glimpse into the future was revealed to the Outsiders. But then Lord Randall intervened and fixed that ripple. And even though we had recorded the magic hash, we could no longer use it to see the future. A few newpix later, this future came to pass and the magic hash started working again.

Therefore I believe that even if someone guessed right, he would still be unable to download an image.
Unless of course the revealed hash had been manually blocked because it had been revealed early.

AK49BWL

Postby AK49BWL » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:00 am UTC

DEWGONG1!

More ripples....

1I've been Waiting for far too long to use that one... Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:09 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:

*BIG POUT*

Since I changed avatars, I mean.

That's the point, helloooo. the Arch Cardinal deigned to make you a hat... and you go and switch avatars! the gall!

Good thing we EUTs don't get caught up in all that hat business. could you imagine a hat on my EYE?!
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:12 am UTC

Caswallon wrote:I know we have had at least one other attempt to track people's locations. But curious if anyone else is from the Puget Sound/Northwest US Region? Just noticed at least 2 other people who were.

I'm from Eugene, Oregon.
buffygirl wrote:For tman2nd.

Thanks! I love it. Lena looks perfect in that bedhat. :D
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”