1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:59 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:Right, so .... I don't know nuthin' bout hashes and ... all that other stuff ....

This is what you say:
jjjdavidson wrote:But that's a 128-byte hash (256 hex digits) and the file names are only 32-byte (64 digits). But then I thought, Would it be so un-Randallish to generate a 1024-bit hash and only use 256 bits? So I wrote a script to test the Externalites hash against the Time image folder, taking 64 hex digits at a time for the image name. 184 failures, then this, with the very last 64 digits of the hash.

And this is what I hear:
jjjdavidson wrote:Blah blah blah 128 blah hash (256 blah blah) and the blah blah blah blah 32-blah (64 blah). But then I thought, Blah blah blah un-Randallish to blah blah 1024-blah hash and blah blah 256 blah? So I blah blah blah blah blah blah Externalites hash blah blah Time blah blah, blah 64 blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. 184 blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah 64 blah blah blah blah.

:lol:

THANK YOU, BUFFYGIRL! All this time I thought it was just me.

It's just both of you. And Jayne.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

aeglaeca

Postby aeglaeca » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:04 am UTC

HEADLONG
And so we wait

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:05 am UTC

You know what we should make. An animated Gif/png file like has been made many times. But instead of having it change a few times a second we make it change every 30/60 minutes instead. The only problem is their is a maximum of 4 minute delay for each frame so we would need 8 frames to do each of the first 240 frames at 30 minute delays and then 15 frames in the file for each 60 minute frame after that. This will make the output gif/png file larger. But then you can load it up and watch time from the start as it was MEANT to be seen. Just have to leave your browser tab open and your computer turned on for a month or more to see it :)

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:15 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:You know what we should make. An animated Gif/png file like has been made many times. But instead of having it change a few times a second we make it change every 30/60 minutes instead. The only problem is their is a maximum of 4 minute delay for each frame so we would need 8 frames to do each of the first 240 frames at 30 minute delays and then 15 frames in the file for each 60 minute frame after that. This will make the output gif/png file larger. But then you can load it up and watch time from the start as it was MEANT to be seen. Just have to leave your browser tab open and your computer turned on for a month or more to see it :)

So we can Wait for It while we Wait for It? It's almost as if someone heard we like Time.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:17 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:Right, so .... I don't know nuthin' bout hashes and ... all that other stuff ....

This is what you say:
jjjdavidson wrote:But that's a 128-byte hash (256 hex digits) and the file names are only 32-byte (64 digits). But then I thought, Would it be so un-Randallish to generate a 1024-bit hash and only use 256 bits? So I wrote a script to test the Externalites hash against the Time image folder, taking 64 hex digits at a time for the image name. 184 failures, then this, with the very last 64 digits of the hash.

And this is what I hear:
jjjdavidson wrote:Blah blah blah 128 blah hash (256 blah blah) and the blah blah blah blah 32-blah (64 blah). But then I thought, Blah blah blah un-Randallish to blah blah 1024-blah hash and blah blah 256 blah? So I blah blah blah blah blah blah Externalites hash blah blah Time blah blah, blah 64 blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. 184 blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah 64 blah blah blah blah.

:lol:

THANK YOU, BUFFYGIRL! All this time I thought it was just me.

It's just both of you. And Jayne.

And me too! I kind of understand, but not really. I'm not very knowledgeable in this area.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:43 am UTC

Quest progress: 385 out of 414 pages.
Fourth Megan Period. NP 809.

Signposts passed:
342 out of 383 pages
346 out of 384 pages

Megan awakens from her coma to see the encroaching flood of semenbaconcoffeecancerbabiesonice about to sweep away one of her precious flags! And she missed LaPetite! See what happens when you coma? Clearly the posters of the past have been coma'ing quite a lot, as the pastposts are actually quite sane for the first time in many, many longpix. There are conversations about trusting in Randall and further investigation into the Mysterious Hashes. On my travels, I crossed the Rest Stop Imperpetuate, but having been sig-warned of it, did not linger. The only new sigcommunication I've spotted since my last update:

jovialbard wrote:Dear BlitzGirl,
I left you a present on page 395, hope you enjoy it.
Thanks for picking up some cake!

No problem. :) I'm excited for the present! And the Present!

Responses to specific pastposts:
Spoiler:
HAL9000 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 342 out of 383 pages.
The Building of the Rooks. NP 666.

She approaches. Our post rate slowing down a lot has probably helped.

Sure, the rate of posting (post rate :P ) slowed down here in the past, but up there in the future it seems there was a flurry of activity recently. Hope you folks are having a good time up there!

jovialbard wrote:My predication model now shows a BlitzGirl unity at around 475, though it's usual that it goes up for the post-coma period, she loses some progress toward 0 difference, so I'm not worried and you shouldn't be either. (My math)

Also, when I read her posts, it makes me feel like I'm still trapped in the past trying to catch up to.

Alsoso, she is a damn poet. Maybe I'll record some of her songs if I have time tomorrow night, tonight I must rehearse for a play, the out-time will not halt for the True Time.
<snip>

I must say, jovialbard, you are both a bard and a scholar! I greatly appreciate the estimates of my arrival!

Tass wrote:An updated visual of Blitzgirls progress.

Estimating the date of The Great Meeting is troublesome. The pace has slowed down continually. A linear fit predicts unrealistically close meeting Times, while a quadratic fit predicts a continued slowdown leading to a closest approach of 20 NewPages happening around NewPage 500 Blitzgirl Time, after which she is projected to drop further behind again.

Perhaps this will be her fate, and Blitzgirl will remain forever beyond our reach after having come so close.

Ohhh. I appreciate this estimate less greatly. But I'm in a good mood, so I'll just pretend I didn't hear it for now...

thirds wrote:I'd like to state for the record that BlitzGirl is a thread-summarization program I wrote for a class project, but has since gotten out of control. Sorry everyone.

I don't know, I think I'm pretty inefficient for a program. My posts are inconsistent and I have way too much downtime.

Caswallon wrote:Or Megan was secretly dreaming of Blitzgirl, hence why she was summoned into the comic.

You all are really starting to convince me that I did wander through Time without noticing. :shock:

fhorn wrote:Nice to see you, BlitzGirl!
my favorite part:
BlitzGirl wrote: *Ocarina Interlude*

Nice to see the past you, fhorn!

lmjb1964 wrote:All hail our Bard! Or is that Bardette? (Not to be confused with Barette.)

Did you mean: beret

And my favorite part of the past I just passed through comes courtesy of thirds:
thirds wrote:Just for fun: running the thread text through a markov chain app:
"BlitzGirl":
Blitzgirl reference they will survive the tide is rising . People : I ' ll be good enough to get that hilarious and beautiful ending .

This is startlingly comprehensible. Although the semencoffeecancerbabiestide threatens the Sandcastle, Time will continue onward. The denizens of the thread try to be good and keep up with the One True Comic, trusting in Randall to deliver a hilarious, beautiful, moving experience, with an end worth Waiting for.

thirds wrote:<snip>
Blitzgirl , Time is best done in a giant rhombicosidodecahedron . Ohhh , what of those Internet abbreviations , like , why do I need a drink though .

This matches precisely my inner monologue when reading the thread of Time when I really should be coma'ing.

I really should go do that now, actually. Hopefully I don't inadvertently Quest into the One True Comic (again?) while in coma. :P
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:55 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 385 out of 414 pages.
Fourth Megan Period. NP 809.

Megan awakens from her coma to see the encroaching flood of semenbaconcoffeecancerbabiesonice about to sweep away one of her precious flags! And she missed LaPetite! See what happens when you coma?

This is what happens to me all the time; by the time I've caught up, all I get to wait for is the sea rising. :(
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:01 am UTC

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:21 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/7b54fa ... de033e.png

I guess we'd love an animated coloured newpix delta view in aubron-style.

By the way, it's Friday:
http://www.xkcd.com/1204/
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:26 am UTC

higgs-boson wrote:
tman2nd wrote:LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/7b54fa ... de033e.png

I guess we'd love an animated coloured newpix delta view in aubron-style.

By the way, it's Friday:
http://www.xkcd.com/1204/

You've been ninja'd! :P
tman2nd wrote:Newcomic update. http://xkcd.com/1204/
Is Randall telling us to search for Meagan and Cueball using Google Earth?

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:30 am UTC

Has it been around 5 unremarkable frames? What was the previous longest lull? I think we can expect to double that record and then we'll see something interesting happen.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:35 am UTC

azule wrote:Has it been around 5 unremarkable frames? What was the previous longest lull? I think we can expect to double that record and then we'll see something interesting happen.

It really does seem like this will be a long lull. At least it will give me less to catch up to when I coma and will make it easier for Blitzgirl to get to the present. :D

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:spamspamsausagescaffeinbabbiescancerandspam

Could I have spam instead of the caffeinebabbiescancer?

spamjam wrote:
Eutychus wrote:Is it me or is the platform starting to sink to the right?

'We can't see you, so we don't know if you're starting to sink to the right.
Platform looks "unchanged" to me.

hee hee

ChronosDragon wrote:
SBN wrote:
Soup wrote:Many thanks to mscha and any and all other members of the "Guild of People Who Know How to Do That Red/ Green Pixel Thing!" I would be blind by now if I had to gauge caffeinatedsemencancerbabybaconicesea-levels on my own. :wink:

Indeed. Maybe we could press the bot into service, posting the Red/Green Pixel Thing after each Newpix, at least until the action picks up again. (With a tiny, tinkling bell sound, perhaps.)

Not too many rhymes for "tinkle", unfortunately. Wrinkle, Sinkhole, Nickle...only a few. Maybe "tink," that has a few more.

How about DING? It's a little tinkling bell-sound version of DONG, and lots of stuff to rhyme with it.

AluisioASG wrote:Also, I did accept your hat. Acceptance doesn't (legally binding) mean permanent use.

Oops, someone didn't read the fine print....

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 am UTC

Angelastic wrote:[...]

Thanks! Now there are 503 haiku out of 56007 sentences. Maybe more new ones than it would seem, since I do a better job of making sure they're distinct now. Here are the new ones:

Spoiler:
Do you Carry on
though wind and rain as nothing
will stop a true Knight

Our new motto for
the previous page shall be "
Straight for the nut punch!"

I really can't get
a food idea of what <--a food idea? Mmmm, cake.
it's supposed to be.

Is there a formal
request protocol aside
from merely asking?

Assuming that the
rabbit hole actually
goes somewhere, of course.

I'm just always stuck
in the past and I like to
post responsibly.

Although in Time we
don't have the "Hurry up" part,
just the "Wait for it."

But as we are all
waiting, I would say there is
indeed a kinship.

I'm always worried
that Time will end when i'm in
Coma or Outside...

Clearly not as fast
as Blitzgirl, but I guess it's
hard to beat lightning.

This doesn't seem half
as big and impressive as
the lower castles.

I'm glad that title
is still pending, so I don't
need to add it, too.

It could run around,
bounce into castle walls, and
even piss on things.

I really think mscha
needs to stop using the bot (
if he really is).

Only another
fifty before I get to
use the word penis ...

None of the moving
pics work on my phone, so I'm
appreciative.

I figure its the
closest I can get to "Time:
Wait for it." yanno?

It has been, now not
posting until ten minutes
after the NewPic.

I was wasting my
time trying to make a hat
for your cat and now?!??

I think we have the
same memory infecting
our brains, buffygirl:

So, what I want to
know is, when is TimeCon: The
One True Convention?

God Randall knows how
many pages with nary a
bad word being said.

<gulp> All that love just
a few posts back seems to have
evaporated..

Edit: isn't a
hundred of us online at
this time a bit high?

Anyone else feel
like part of the audience
from the Truman Show?

Just want to make sure
I'm looking in the right, uh,
correct direction.

I apologize
for my lengthy absence, but
I have been thinking.

Well, you can start a
reply, save the draft, and then
add to it later.

Then I go back to
the post till the next time I
want to add something.

Like I said, I'm sure
there's a more elegant way,
but that seems to work.

Before I quote the
past - I wanted to say that
I liked mscha's bot pix.

This should result in
the plot points (pages behind)
approaching 0.

BlitzGirl is of course only obliged to read this one:

Clearly not as fast
hard to beat lightning.

I'm thinking of adding some options to filter out ones that end the first or second line on, say, a conjunction, since they're not as good.

Aww, that 'bye'. They built those castles. Stop making me think twice about moving.

Just one that dropped into my head:

The t-shirt of some teacher I once had wrote:Haikus are simple
but sometimes they doesntt make sense
refrigerator
buffygirl wrote:Jafloi, [...] I do hereby annoint you as Cardinal Jafloi of the Chicken Salad Sandwich, mayo optional.
...and Lightscribe (woodworker of time)

BlitzGirl: "wait fast, but wait well" *And good luck with the rest of your journey!!*You made it! Welcome!

patzer

Postby patzer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:54 am UTC

azule wrote:Has it been around 5 unremarkable frames? What was the previous longest lull? I think we can expect to double that record and then we'll see something interesting happen.

The previous Ages of the Slow Pixel were 12 frames, 4 frames and 6 frames. Also a 8 consecutive frames in The Observation had very little change, but it was not classified as a separate Age of the slow pixel. The current (Fourth) Age of the Slow Pixel is currently 10 frames long.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:55 am UTC

Jafloi wrote:

Thanks! Now there are 503 haiku out of 56007 sentences. Maybe more new ones than it would seem, since I do a better job of making sure they're distinct now. Here are the new ones:

Spoiler:
Do you Carry on
will stop a true Knight

Our new motto for

I really can't get
it's supposed to be.

Is there a formal
request protocol aside
from merely asking?

Assuming that the
rabbit hole actually

I'm just always stuck
post responsibly.

Although in Time we
just the "Wait for it."

But as we are all
indeed a kinship.

I'm always worried
Coma or Outside...

Clearly not as fast
hard to beat lightning.

This doesn't seem half
as big and impressive as
the lower castles.

I'm glad that title
need to add it, too.

It could run around,
even piss on things.

I really think mscha
if he really is).

Only another
fifty before I get to
use the word penis ...

None of the moving
appreciative.

I figure its the
Wait for it." yanno?

It has been, now not
after the NewPic.

I was wasting my
for your cat and now?!??

I think we have the
same memory infecting
our brains, buffygirl:

So, what I want to
One True Convention?

God Randall knows how
many pages with nary a
bad word being said.

evaporated..

hundred of us online at
this time a bit high?

Anyone else feel
from the Truman Show?

Just want to make sure
correct direction.

I apologize
I have been thinking.

Well, you can start a
add to it later.

Then I go back to
want to add something.

Like I said, I'm sure
but that seems to work.

Before I quote the
I liked mscha's bot pix.

This should result in
approaching 0.

Clearly not as fast
hard to beat lightning.

I'm thinking of adding some options to filter out ones that end the first or second line on, say, a conjunction, since they're not as good.

Aww, that 'bye'. They built those castles. Stop making me think twice about moving.

refrigerator

Doesn't the second line have 8 syllables?

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:00 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:
Jafloi wrote:

Spoiler:
Do you Carry on
will stop a true Knight

Our new motto for

I really can't get
it's supposed to be.

Is there a formal
request protocol aside
from merely asking?

Assuming that the
rabbit hole actually

I'm just always stuck
post responsibly.

Although in Time we
just the "Wait for it."

But as we are all
indeed a kinship.

I'm always worried
Coma or Outside...

Clearly not as fast
hard to beat lightning.

This doesn't seem half
as big and impressive as
the lower castles.

I'm glad that title
need to add it, too.

It could run around,
even piss on things.

I really think mscha
if he really is).

Only another
fifty before I get to
use the word penis ...

None of the moving
appreciative.

I figure its the
Wait for it." yanno?

It has been, now not
after the NewPic.

I was wasting my
for your cat and now?!??

I think we have the
same memory infecting
our brains, buffygirl:

So, what I want to
One True Convention?

God Randall knows how
many pages with nary a
bad word being said.

evaporated..

hundred of us online at
this time a bit high?

Anyone else feel
from the Truman Show?

Just want to make sure
correct direction.

I apologize
I have been thinking.

Well, you can start a
add to it later.

Then I go back to
want to add something.

Like I said, I'm sure
but that seems to work.

Before I quote the
I liked mscha's bot pix.

This should result in
approaching 0.

Clearly not as fast
hard to beat lightning.

refrigerator

Doesn't the second line have 8 syllables?

The original
quote (with modifications)
I typèd below.
Haiku wrote:Haikus are easy,
but sometimes, they don't make sense.
Refrigerator.

Like a game of 'phones,
you start out saying one thing.
The river is small!
Last edited by Elmach on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:02 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:00 am UTC

Should be "don't".
[edit]Aaaand ninja'd.
So instead I'll post an off topic picture of my desk a little over a newpic ago.

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:05 am UTC

The nüpiks arrived.
Why does the Slöw Pixel stay?
Have a haiku DÖŊ.
Last edited by Elmach on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:07 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

patzer

Postby patzer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:06 am UTC

Spoiler:
ninjad
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:07 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:spamspamsausagescaffeinbabbiescancerandspam

Could I have spam instead of the caffeinebabbiescancer?

[...]

Here you go

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:09 am UTC

Elmach wrote:Like a game of 'phones,
The river is small!

The Sea is Big!*

*And does whatever it wants

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:16 am UTC

Good night. I'm not wishing for it, but it might be inevitable. When I coma tonight, though, maybe I will have my first OTT/OTC dream (that some of you have been having). Sleep is a bit different indeed. Instead of comas we will sleep. I would like the story to be ended nicely, or cleverly looped, but that it ends in some way, I think we all can agree that we will feel a bit freer (after the tears are shed). Personally, I think "what will I obsess on now?" I think a lot of you have feelings close to that but won't admit it until the comic forces you. Real or not, it was great. I liked the spirit of that crazy girl (apologies on gender and psychological status) that I quoted earlier. You're holding out on me. Maybe I need some insanity to feed off of from you guys. BlitzGirl said it, we're getting too rational and sane around here. I'm about to succumb to coma, can I come up with something inane or insane? :)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:26 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:
The river is small!

And the Sea is Big!*

*It does whatever it wants

Also, wait for it.

I fixed your haiku.
Perhaps you made it by chance?
Five, seven, five, ¿no?

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:35 am UTC

Elmach wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
The river is small!

And the Sea is Big!*

*It does whatever it wants

Also, wait for it.

I fixed your haiku.
Perhaps you made it by chance?
Five, seven, five, ¿no?

That was a mistake. :shock:
I did not mean to Haiku.
Even just the start.

EDIT: I didn't realize you had edited my post. I guess I wasn't as lucky as I thought. :|

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Bytes

Postby Bytes » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:47 am UTC

Of course syllables is an imperfect translation of the 5-7-5 rule in Haikus. It should also have a seasonal reference.
Sir Bytes, Waître d' of the Grains and Guardian of the Second Flag from the Right
Kethryes wrote:The Time when the future meets the past in the present is aproaching! Repent!

beargarden
Cardinal

Postby beargarden » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:49 am UTC

Well. I'm not sure if I'm happy I didn't have to participate in the last however many days of Time, or sad that I didn't get to. Certainly got a lot of outsider things done.
Regardless, there's no way I'm catching up on over 200 pages.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:50 am UTC

Bytes wrote:Of course syllables is an imperfect translation of the 5-7-5 rule in Haikus. It should also have a seasonal reference.

The only season here is Waiting season.
EDIT:
beargarden wrote:Well. I'm not sure if I'm happy I didn't have to participate in the last however many days of Time, or sad that I didn't get to. Certainly got a lot of outsider things done.

I remember you! you were here when I first joined. Welcome back. :)
Last edited by tman2nd on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:53 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:52 am UTC

Bytes wrote:Of course syllables is an imperfect translation of the 5-7-5 rule in Haikus. It should also have a seasonal reference.

To haiku, or not?
Hello, I am a flower.
And there you have it.

But to Watch, to Wait:
Is that not the purpose here?
A moon passed, we Wait.

Hey, another one:
Blitzgirl will quickly arrive.
Five days, by other's maths.
Last edited by Elmach on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:54 am UTC

Elmach wrote:

To haiku, or not?
Hello, I am a flower.
And there you have it.

Somebody found IT?
Show me!

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:58 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:
Elmach wrote:

To haiku, or not?
Hello, I am a flower.
And there you have it.

Somebody found IT?
Show me!

I shall, once I end
the Haiku above.

What is IT, really?
IT is what we have searched for.
To find? Wait for IT.

Kethryes

Postby Kethryes » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:58 am UTC

Hey I didn't noticed you sigged me Bytes, thanks :D

Such amazing thread,
But as I take Time to read,
I forget to post.

Flower (for the seasonal reference... Wait, was it suposed to be included in the Haiku?)

Edit: typo, and corrected the haiku :oops: (5-8-5 does not work...)
Last edited by Kethryes on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:03 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
J Thomas wrote:From the evidence I have seen it looks utterly foolish to think it's ridiculous to doubt you are right.

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:00 am UTC

KaBONG:

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:01 am UTC

The format depends
on what your purpose will be.
Also, was ninja'd.

I had edited
as RECKONING a moon past.
Is is uncensored.

I edit again,
as this is post one hundred.
Penis Vagina.
Last edited by Elmach on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:29 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.

beargarden
Cardinal

Postby beargarden » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:
beargarden wrote:Well. I'm not sure if I'm happy I didn't have to participate in the last however many days of Time, or sad that I didn't get to. Certainly got a lot of outsider things done.

I remember you! you were here when I first joined. Welcome back. :)

Thanks :) Only 50+ posts to your 200+ makes me feel like I've missed a lot.

Jafloi

Postby Jafloi » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:08 am UTC

Elmach wrote:[[...]
The original
quote (with modifications)
I typèd below.
Haiku wrote:Haikus are easy,
but sometimes, they don't make sense.
Refrigerator.

Like a game of 'phones,
The river is small!

Thank you! As you probably understands, english is not the language I use most, so it's not always to easy to get it right...
buffygirl wrote:Jafloi, [...] I do hereby annoint you as Cardinal Jafloi of the Chicken Salad Sandwich, mayo optional.
...and Lightscribe (woodworker of time)

BlitzGirl: "wait fast, but wait well" *And good luck with the rest of your journey!!*You made it! Welcome!

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:08 am UTC

Dear buffygirl,

Could you please make a hat for my avatar?

If Your Holyness deems me worthy, a larger version can be found here, the white circle could be used as a head.

If Your Holyness deems it a good idea it could be in line with what can be found at an Overflow Camp
Spoiler:
(as in flames for example (just in case Your Holyness is to busy making hats to see Torchwood)).

I do solemnly swear that in case of an avatar change I will take the hat with me to the new avatar and that a new avatar will be suitable to wear a hat1.

1 Unless I forget.2
2 Which is quite likely, in the eternity of time and space and all that.
3 Warning: unidentified footnote detected.
4 Shalt do not count.
5 Is right out

Edit1: Messed up the link
Edit2: Forgot to inform of the reason for edit 1
Edit3: Spoiler tag added.
Edit4: Forgot to update this list
Edit5: Hey I didn't do 5 edits!
Edit6: Stop it, this isn't funny anymore!
ok.
Last edited by Neil_Boekend on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Kazza3

Postby Kazza3 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:10 am UTC

Elmach wrote:The format depends
on what your purpose will be.
Also, be ninja'd.

Your one hundredth post
Is most glorious and true
Congratulations.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:21 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Minor Torchwood spoiler:
Spoiler:
If Your Holyness deems it a good idea it could be in line with what can be found at an Overflow Camp (as in flames for example (just in case Your Holyness is to busy making hats to see Torchwood)).

Hey! Spoiler tags exist for a reason, dagnabbit! I've just started Series 2. :(
Last edited by KarMann on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:31 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 am UTC

KarMann wrote:Hey! Spoiler tags exist for a reason, dagnabbit! I've just started Series 2. :(

I am sorry. I didn't feel it was a true spoiler, but I should have anticipated a different opinion.
Nonetheless: I edited my post, although I can not edit your memory for you.
Could you edit your post please, so that the traces of my misdeed will not damage other people's enjoyment?

About the series:
Spoiler:
Season 3 was the last time I cried because of a TV show/film/something like that. There are scenes there that broke my heart. Awesome.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”