1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Pikrass

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Pikrass » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:07 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Pikrass wrote:KEEPWALKING(K)ONG !

Spoiler:

Edit: oh man, I'm soooo late...

I wish I hadn't posted it now because your -ONG is awesome. ;)

Thanks! I think that's why I'm late. Finding a good -ONG takes Time.
Programmer and waiter devoted to Time.

Scripts for the One True Thread: heretic date to newpix converter; spoiler detector; multiquote; extra hide button for spoilers.
Code, links and instructions on Github.
Bundle (Firefox only)

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:07 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:
Valarya wrote:AND GONG

Again, no change apart from Meball¹ walking along.
Spoiler:

¹: you know, like Brangelina.

Or Cuegan.

edit: I see someone beat me to 'Cuegan.'

udscbt wrote:I come directly from newpage 350 and I was wondering... what the hell is happening!? Who was the "berret girl"? Maybe BlitzGirl while travelling in the past of the thread lost the way and got inside the comic? (BTW, I get she caught up with the thread, CONGRATULATION!) Is BlitzGirl the new Pope/Mope/Mome (other than Blessed and maybe Saint (I don't know if she has mantained her mental sanity))? Was the "whitening" of the OTC a nuclear bomb (thrown by a trebuchet used by a raptor) or simply a bad transition?

Oh man where have you been, Cardinal udscbt?! We worried you might have slipped in the same Time vortex as our beloved and missed Helper. Welcome back, and enjoy 100 missed newpages.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Pikrass

Postby Pikrass » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:08 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:Ooh, I wonder what the ground is made out of now? :lol: :lol: I hope it's fudge. Or grass. Or just mud. Sand, probably.

Maybe a mixture of all that? Fudgrassmusand?

Scripts for the One True Thread: heretic date to newpix converter; spoiler detector; multiquote; extra hide button for spoilers.
Bundle (Firefox only)

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:08 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:Ooh, I wonder what the ground is made out of now? :lol: :lol: I hope it's fudge. Or grass. Or just mud. Sand, probably.

I thought it was a shared idea that the ground and the sea are made of semencaffeinatedcancerbabies, even it has never been official.
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

Montov

Postby Montov » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:09 pm UTC

Pikrass wrote:I really wish they won't find a sea and sit by it. I don't want this to loop now.

Interesting. In the past, Cueball did say something about a river, which was retreating a week ago. Maybe they will soon find a river, see it is retreating, and then go to the beach where they build sandcastles?

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:09 pm UTC

chem1190c wrote:Looks like aubronwood garbled the last couple of pre-fadeout frames.

Screen shot 2013-04-29 at 12.55.10 PM.png

I wonder what triggered that :?:

A glitch? It can only mean that the GRL1 went back and changed something again! We need to go back through all the previous frames and discover the new message!

1The Great Lord Randall, creator of Time
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:10 pm UTC

Pikrass wrote:

Maybe a mixture of all that? Fudgrassmusand?

Sounds like a good material to play with!
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
My madspace
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:11 pm UTC

If they keep walking right out of the frame, we might soon be Waiting For another long fade-out.
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:13 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:

I thought it was a shared idea that the ground and the sea are made of semencaffeinatedcancerbabies, even it has never been official.

That was the beforetime. The long long ago. Back before they abandoned their Eastwatchcastle-by-the-sea and went trekking to find new lands.

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:14 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
mscha wrote:
Spoiler:
Valarya wrote:AND GONG

Again, no change apart from Meball¹ walking along.
Spoiler:

¹: you know, like Brangelina.

Or Cuegan.

edit: I see someone beat me to 'Cuegan.'

udscbt wrote:I come directly from newpage 350 and I was wondering... what the hell is happening!? Who was the "berret girl"? Maybe BlitzGirl while travelling in the past of the thread lost the way and got inside the comic? (BTW, I get she caught up with the thread, CONGRATULATION!) Is BlitzGirl the new Pope/Mope/Mome (other than Blessed and maybe Saint (I don't know if she has mantained her mental sanity))? Was the "whitening" of the OTC a nuclear bomb (thrown by a trebuchet used by a raptor) or simply a bad transition?

Oh man where have you been, Cardinal udscbt?! We worried you might have slipped in the same Time vortex as our beloved and missed Helper. Welcome back, and enjoy 100 missed newpages.

I actually don't know how much Time I will have to watch Time because I have a lot of things to do in the Outside in these days am using all my energy to fight the Hat, but I'm glad I've not been forgotten. Oh, and what's up with this extremely increased activity in the OTT?
udscbt (a.k.a アダスチボト), Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Burn y'all heretics!
buffygirl wrote:I, Timewaiter Buffygirl, Cardinal of The One True Comic, do hereby nominate you, udscbt, for the position of Cardinal. -poof!- You're a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Wait, that's not right - - -

bigcrag92 wrote:I Bigcrag92 being of soundish mind yada yada yada do ratify the cardinalship of udscbt nominated by buffygirl. may I and buffygirl be stuck down if we have erred in this decision.

bigcrag92 (continued...) wrote:by the power vested in me I now name you Cardinal peanut butter and jelly sandwich udscbt. arise my brethren

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:14 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:Very, very nice! *applause* :D

Excellent work, BlitzGirl!

(and it's still kinda weird to have you here in the present. But weird in a really nice way, of course.)

Thanks, StratPlayer! I'm used to nice weirdness. :)

And greetings, udscbt! I don't think I'm the Mome, am I?

Tometheus wrote:As the only member of the One TRUE Church of Time1, I come forth as a representative to welcome BlitzGirl to the present(s). (I was actually awake and reading the thread when the convergence occurred, but haven't been able to post until now.)

Excuse me a second, can I grab one of those bagels?

Now, where was I? Oh right, When you start your prophesied work of bringing about the religious singularity, uniting the schisms, with regard to the character others have called "Le Petit", we request to be allowed to keep calling her The Great Pixie. It is our one true belief5

[preach]...and to those who profess to believe in BlitzGirl as the fulfillment of prophecy, I say woe to you who have been lured away from your faith by the promise of haberdashery! Does none of you find it suspicious that their pope, Helper, has disappeared and some Cardinal has quietly seized power, bringing you all under the spell of a finely turned hat??[/preach]

(My those hats DO look nice though.)

1 Our one belief is the use of "NewPixies" as the plural of NewPix 2
2 also TimeFrames is heretical3 (being a word the Outsiders use)
3 Our TWO beliefs are that "Newpixies" is the proper plural, that "TimeFrames" is heretical, and the castles are made for pixies.4
4 Our THREE beliefs are... can we start over?
5 damn!

Are you sure you aren't a schism of the Western Paradox Church?
Don't worry, I won't be singularing anybody who doesn't want to be singularized.
Although that kind of defeats the point of a religious singularity.
But then again, I am the Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church.

Valarya wrote:<snip>
And I've been thinking of this song for many many NewPages now.

Ingenue
(with total admiration for Thom Yorke)

<snip>

Bravo! Bravo!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Lirtosiast

Postby Lirtosiast » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:14 pm UTC

I propose that these "eons" instead be called "Scenes". It makes no sense the other way, especially if there is a larger division of time in the comic.

Lyoug

Postby Lyoug » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:15 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:<snip>
I think we need a correction - The Post Cueball and Megan Era was not quite an Era...

Yup, that's why I think maybe eras (and periods, and aeons/eons) should be named only a fair amount of newpix after they are over. Or at least stay very open about renaming them afterwards, which I don't doubt for one second here in the OTT1, but this might cause much more historical confusion than just settling for a name only once the period is unanimously viewed as over.

1 EDIT: and patzer just confirmed that.

(I'm so slow, everytime I post, I have to hit submit and read the ninjas at least three times :P )

EDIT2: I like the term "Scenes"!

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:17 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:

I actually don't know how much Time I will have to watch Time because I have a lot of things to do in the Outside in these days am using all my energy to fight the Hat, but I'm glad I've not been forgotten. Oh, and what's up with this extremely increased activity in the OTT?

You should reacquaint yourself with the Book of Aubron. There was a Time of Fading that caused mass panic only a few short newpages ago.

SWO Crash

Postby SWO Crash » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:20 pm UTC

poxic wrote:
mscha wrote:¹: you know, like Brangelina.

I might prefer Cuegan.

Great. Another schism? :lol:
We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

Husband, Father, Sailor, Son.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:20 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
SWO Crash wrote:
Valarya wrote:I wonder what La Petite is doing to the sandcastles.

Maybe we'll follow M&C back to the sandcastles and find out.

If that's true it won't be for at least another Outside Month, I'd guess. Prepare for this thread to reach 1,000 newpages. :shock:

"Five hundred twenty-five thousand, six hundred newpix-- Dammit, Rent."
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:25 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
Valarya wrote:
SWO Crash wrote:
Valarya wrote:I wonder what La Petite is doing to the sandcastles.

Maybe we'll follow M&C back to the sandcastles and find out.

If that's true it won't be for at least another Outside Month, I'd guess. Prepare for this thread to reach 1,000 newpages. :shock:

"Five hundred twenty-five thousand, six hundred newpix-- Dammit, Rent."

I laughed out loud.. until I realized that would actually be 60 Outside years* at the rate of 1 newpix/Outside hour.

*Minus 15 days for leap years unaccounted for in my remedial math.
Last edited by Valarya on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:30 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:27 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:Very, very nice! *applause* :D

Excellent work, BlitzGirl!

(and it's still kinda weird to have you here in the present. But weird in a really nice way, of course.)

Thanks, StratPlayer! I'm used to nice weirdness. :)

And greetings, udscbt! I don't think I'm the Mome, am I?

Tometheus wrote:As the only member of the One TRUE Church of Time1, I come forth as a representative to welcome BlitzGirl to the present(s). (I was actually awake and reading the thread when the convergence occurred, but haven't been able to post until now.)

Excuse me a second, can I grab one of those bagels?

Now, where was I? Oh right, When you start your prophesied work of bringing about the religious singularity, uniting the schisms, with regard to the character others have called "Le Petit", we request to be allowed to keep calling her The Great Pixie. It is our one true belief5

[preach]...and to those who profess to believe in BlitzGirl as the fulfillment of prophecy, I say woe to you who have been lured away from your faith by the promise of haberdashery! Does none of you find it suspicious that their pope, Helper, has disappeared and some Cardinal has quietly seized power, bringing you all under the spell of a finely turned hat??[/preach]

(My those hats DO look nice though.)

1 Our one belief is the use of "NewPixies" as the plural of NewPix 2
2 also TimeFrames is heretical3 (being a word the Outsiders use)
3 Our TWO beliefs are that "Newpixies" is the proper plural, that "TimeFrames" is heretical, and the castles are made for pixies.4
4 Our THREE beliefs are... can we start over?
5 damn!

Are you sure you aren't a schism of the Western Paradox Church?
Don't worry, I won't be singularing anybody who doesn't want to be singularized.
Although that kind of defeats the point of a religious singularity.
But then again, I am the Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church.

And I've been thinking of this song for many many NewPages now.

Ingenue
(with total admiration for Thom Yorke)

<snip>

Bravo! Bravo!

Oh, I was forgetting that I'm the one who proposed your cannonization and, since Pope Helper hasn't appeared yet, I'm the most qualified to confirm it.
I, udscbt, also known as adasuchiboto, Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, declare you, BlitzGirl, Blessed of the Timewaiters in nomine Temporis et Domini Randall et Unius Veri Tibulli.
And since you seem quite sane (maybe too much for someone who read the whole Needle-pulled thing):
I, udscbt, also known as adasuchiboto, Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, declare you, BlitzGirl, Saint of the Timewaiters in nomine Temporis et Domini Randall et Unius Veri Tibulli.

Valarya wrote:
udscbt wrote:

You should reacquaint yourself with the Book of Aubron. There was a Time of Fading that caused mass panic only a few short newpages ago.

I already did that. Even if I couldn't post in the forum I checked the Book of Aubron every now and then. And the "whitening" I was referring to was the "Time of Fading", I didn't know it's official name yet.

kryton

Postby kryton » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:32 pm UTC

Having falling into a wormhole of slow outside time, I find myself coming back almost 50 forum pages behind, and thus will now begin my own pilgrimage to catch up to the present, by journying here in the past, endevoring to follow in Blitzgirl's footsteps as she has likely passed me by now.
1298 and counting

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:34 pm UTC

I really am too lazy to read all of this thread. I haven't got the attention span. Good luck!
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
My madspace
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:34 pm UTC

Looked at Time earlier, and saw black again. Didn't get a chance to check again till just now. I was so happy to see Megan and Cueball I almost cried. I think I need more coma.

And I'm, like, 12 pages behind or something! I'll have to try and pull a mini-Blitzgirl! (Actually, compared to her task, this is probably a micro-Blitzgirl.)

But, they're back, they're back! Time has not ended....

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:But, they're back, they're back! Time has not ended....

Rejoice!!! And happy coma'ing.

Pikrass

Postby Pikrass » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:38 pm UTC

Lirtosiast wrote:I propose that these "eons" instead be called "Scenes". It makes no sense the other way, especially if there is a larger division of time in the comic.

Well, technically speaking, this is an act. A scene would be whenever Megan or Cueball enters or leaves the frame.

Bundle (Firefox only)

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:41 pm UTC

udscbt wrote:Oh, I was forgetting that I'm the one who proposed your cannonization and, since Pope Helper hasn't appeared yet, I'm the most qualified to confirm it.
I, udscbt, also known as adasuchiboto, Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, declare you, BlitzGirl, Blessed of the Timewaiters in nomine Temporis et Domini Randall et Unius Veri Tibulli.
And since you seem quite sane (maybe too much for someone who read the whole Needle-pulled thing):
I, udscbt, also known as adasuchiboto, Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, declare you, BlitzGirl, Saint of the Timewaiters in nomine Temporis et Domini Randall et Unius Veri Tibulli. <snip>

What an honor! So, uh...what is the official title? I just want to be clear before I muss up my sigpile again. :roll:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:43 pm UTC

Spoiler:
ronaldkr wrote:
(in a hurry)

NOOOO

save the originals, you can discard information later (and for yourself!)

Edit:
Sorry for thr hacked-off answer.

Do you really want to change the observable material instead of the observation tools? C'mon. I noticed that the PNGs come in as grayscales and with a color profile of "20% dot gain". So, if chrome puts the picture on the screen and applies the color profile -- thinking the screen is a printing device --, the middle tones get brighter by 20% in anticipation of offset printing ink spreading aroung the raster dots, making the picture darker by 20% again.

IE and Opera seem to be immune from this effect. MS Paint does not know about color profiles.

Photoshop: v.6 (please do not laugh hysterically) by default gives the correct values. CS2 has a lot of arcane settings to disable the application of color profiles, distributed over at least three dialog boxes and with scopes between "per document" and "general settings°.

If you save as JPEG, you will not only lose the color profile (perhaps an indication that Randall plans a print edition), but worse, you will introduce artifacts into hitherto constant-colored areas. To top that, these artifacts will be colorful as the grayscale image will have to be elated to a RGB picture to allow JPEG compression.

Thank you.
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:46 pm UTC

I don't know if the author of the Book of Geekwagon is around, but there's a duplicate frame in it.
Frame 955 isn't supposed to be there, it's a copy of frame 958. (Same hash.) It should just be taken out, the current frame 956 should follow frame 954.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Soup

Postby Soup » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:50 pm UTC

Since C&M left frame-left earlier, and to the right lies the Sea1, must they then be returning? Or did we pan 180° around the scene?

1Big.
Last edited by Soup on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:50 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

katakombe

Postby katakombe » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:50 pm UTC

blindposting here: wow, there i'm out for a couple of hours and i'm six pages in the past - how the duck did that happen? did time end for good and the next pages contain everybodys goodbyes? did it loop? what did LaPetite drag in? did she save the flag and/or Time? does it fade in?

only one way to find out: read. see you soon!

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:53 pm UTC

Lirtosiast wrote:I propose that these "eons" instead be called "Scenes". It makes no sense the other way, especially if there is a larger division of time in the comic.

Well, since they an only be given a name by us mere mortal Timewaiters after witnessing them once Lord Randall has revealed them, how about we call them "Seens?"
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:55 pm UTC

Soup wrote:Since C&M left frame-left earlier, and to the right lies the Sea1, must they then be returning? Or did we pan 180° around the scene?

1Big.

I just assumed we flipped 180° since there was a whole fade-out thing that happened and guessed they're still traveling away from the sea.

Soup

Postby Soup » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:56 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Soup wrote:Since C&M left frame-left earlier, and to the right lies the Sea1, must they then be returning? Or did we pan 180° around the scene?

1Big.

I just assumed we flipped 180° since there was a whole fade-out thing that happened and guessed they're still traveling away from the sea.

Works for me.
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

Someguy945

Postby Someguy945 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:

1Big.

It's like when the curtains close during a scene change. When the curtains reopen and the next scene begins in an entirely different setting, there is no reason to believe that orientation has been preserved.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

180FLIPONG

edit:
Someguy945 wrote:It's like when the curtains close during a scene change. When the curtains reopen and the next scene begins in an entirely different setting, there is no reason to believe that orientation has been preserved.

Exaaactly.
Last edited by Valarya on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:02 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

descor

Postby descor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

*gasp* *gasp*

OH ... MY .... LORD .... RANDALL ....

*deep breaths*

Firstly, and most importantly, WELCOME BLITZGIRL!! Did I miss the party?

I've been at work Outside stuff for about 10 TimeFrames I come back and Time is still alive. I am so happy.

My thoughts on a couple of things:
Lyoug wrote:
Kieryn wrote:<snip>
I think we need a correction - The Post Cueball and Megan Era was not quite an Era...

Yup, that's why I think maybe eras (and periods, and aeons/eons) should be named only a fair amount of newpix after they are over. Or at least stay very open about renaming them afterwards, which I don't doubt for one second here in the OTT1, but this might cause much more historical confusion than just settling for a name only once the period is unanimously viewed as over.

1 EDIT: and patzer just confirmed that.

(I'm so slow, everytime I post, I have to hit submit and read the ninjas at least three times :P )

EDIT2: I like the term "Scenes"!

I'm not a fan of 'Scenes'. We've been following conventions within geological time when choosing names so far, so Eons or Epochs would fit precedent. I agree about being open to change the names of, and the start and end points of, periods, eras and eons after the history of Time becomes clearer.

Here is my suggestion, subject to change, obviously:
Geological Time(witheras).png

poxic wrote:
mscha wrote:¹: you know, like Brangelina.

I might prefer Cuegan.

I think Cuegan gets the vote from me.
Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

htom

Postby htom » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Presents? You mean...I get Present Presents? How exciting! :D

Oh, but first of all, I have some things in my pocketses, here:
*ruffles through vest's pockets*
Spoiler:
◌ thyme
◌ a few stray gems from the past
◌ hugs and happiness
◌ piece of party cake in tupperware for jovialbard
Whistle of Temporal Harmony

I hope I got everything I was supposed to!

You've brought the most important thing -- yourself!

:scoops BlitzGirl up into a giant bearhug and twirls about: So good to meet you! :carefully puts her down and wobbles away:

Trurl wrote:By the way:
How many hashes can you possibly generate with a purely white pic? :?:

As many as you want, since the content of the frame need not be the only input to the hasher.

:inspects the treats, looks at waist, ... indulges anyway: YUM!

franko553 wrote:
Trurl wrote:By the way:
How many hashes can you possibly generate with a purely white pic? :?:

There are

115 quattuorvigintillion, 792 trevigintillion, 89 duovigintillion, 237 unvigintillion, 316 vigintillion, 195 novemdecillion, 423 octodecillion, 570 septendecillion, 985 sexdecillion, 8 quindecillion, 687 quattuordecillion, 907 tredecillion, 853 duodecillion, 269 undecillion, 984 decillion, 665 nonillion, 640 octillion, 564 septillion, 39 sextillion, 457 quintillion, 584 quadrillion, 7 trillion, 913 billion, 129 million, 639 thousand and 936

possible hashes of 64 hex characters. So far, we have only used 971.

I don't think a shortage of hashes will become an issue.

Ninjaed by a Godzilla stomping. There is a limit.

Song requests --
Simon & Garfunkle, 59th Street Bridge (Feelin' Groovy) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJhQ3bEr8J8
Amboy Dukes, Journey to the Center of the Mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN2VNFpiGWo
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:I really am too lazy to read all of this thread. I haven't got the attention span. Good luck!

How sad... That's like saying, "I really am too lazy to live all of my life. Maybe someone else can just tell me what I've missed..."

Time (like life1) can only be experienced first-hand, moment-by-moment. You've been granted a wondrous gift in this needle-pulling-thingy -- the ability to re-live, Newpix-by-Newpix, each glorious instance of Time in all It's grandeur and beauty, and you can't be bothered because you're too lazy.

My heart weeps for you...

1 An Outsider term for the span of a human's existence when it is spent not involved in the One True Thread of the One True Comic.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

descor

Postby descor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:06 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:life1

1 An Outsider term for the span of a human's existence when it is spent not involved in the One True Thread of the One True Comic.

Who would want a life??
Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

udscbt
Cardinal

Postby udscbt » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:10 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
udscbt wrote:Oh, I was forgetting that I'm the one who proposed your cannonization and, since Pope Helper hasn't appeared yet, I'm the most qualified to confirm it.
I, udscbt, also known as adasuchiboto, Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Prefect of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Temporis, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, declare you, BlitzGirl, Saint of the Timewaiters in nomine Temporis et Domini Randall et Unius Veri Tibulli. <snip>

What an honor! So, uh...what is the official title? I just want to be clear before I muss up my sigpile again. :roll:

I think "Saint of the Timewaiters" should be ok.

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:11 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
1Big.

Actually, My assumption is that they are now walking around the Sea, and our perspective is still the same. As they are in fact looking for "Other rivers" leading into it.
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
TheMinim wrote:I really am too lazy to read all of this thread. I haven't got the attention span. Good luck!

How sad... That's like saying, "I really am too lazy to live all of my life. Maybe someone else can just tell me what I've missed..."

Time (like life1) can only be experienced first-hand, moment-by-moment. You've been granted a wondrous gift in this needle-pulling-thingy -- the ability to re-live, Newpix-by-Newpix, each glorious instance of Time in all It's grandeur and beauty, and you can't be bothered because you're too lazy.

My heart weeps for you...

I think it is both better and worse than that. Most of what I've missed while watching this thread are web-diversions of one sort or another. I'm seriously behind on LOL cats, but oh-well. The actual doing things of life haven't been put aside, though some of them have been rescheduled a bit. On the other hand, we do have some nice ways to keep up with things here, when we go do Outside things, so coming back and catching up doesn't have to be onerous. We aren't all Blitzgirl, but we don't all have to be. So yes, set aside the thread to live life, but come back and check in every now and then, as Time allows.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”