1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

htom

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby htom » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:25 am UTC

Perhaps the ultimate purpose is to create an collection of awesomely hatted avatars in the forum.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:27 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Has anyone seen HAL recently?

last post http://forums.xkcd.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=381779

This was on page 404. So my guess is he got 404'ed and his computer brain could not recover... he may have gone the same way as Helper...

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:28 am UTC

Caught up! :D
Hi there, Blitzgirl! I'm glad Time didn't end.

By the way, has anyone noticed that HAL has been gone for 5 days. I hope he doesn't end up like Helper. :(
Ninja'd
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:33 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:Has anyone seen HAL recently?

last post http://forums.xkcd.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=381779

This was on page 404. So my guess is he got 404'ed and his computer brain could not recover... he may have gone the same way as Helper...

Uh oh…
Cue the sun!
(Edited for color)
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:35 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I have seen many wonders on my Quest, and this I have learned: Time is not absolute. Though dedicated forum-dwellers may debate names to a Period fresh to their eyes, a weary wanderer may come to the same TimeFrame many longpix later seeing it as but a flash in the long, long thread of Time. While some among us hold fast to the heels of the Now, posting with immediacy and brevity, there are still others at the same moment following 10 newpages back, or 50, or 300. Those of us who experienced the great Fading in real-Time have shared an experience those that follow will never quite match, just as we ourselves cannot comprehend the madness that struck in the early quickpix, or during the Madness itself.

Yet these divisions do not separate us, but make us more powerful. As grains of Sand(semencancercoffeebabies) in a Sandcastle, this needle-pulled thing works best when we are not all of the same shape. Our quirks clasp us together all the more strongly, so that when we Wait for it together - whatever Time we may travel, whatever sect we may splinter, whatever graph or song or hat we share - we are not alone. For though Time may scatter us among the pastposts and the Present, in the end, it is also what brought us to this mad, mad, glorious home in the first place.

Thus Spake BlitzGirl. And as it has been spake, so forevermore shall it be remembered, and considered through all Time, and all of time. I will add, speaking as merely a humble supplicant to Time, that after I waited for it, and came back to this reading from the Gospel of BlitzGirl for a second time, that it was even more meaningful and insightful then it was in real time.

Your quest has served you well, and it has served us well too. Long may it continue.

And now, for all of you who wait for it, my contribution to the hymnal - a song from Godspell, which seems to be quite appropriate for these most recent Newpix:

"Where are you going?
.. Where are you going?
.... Can you take me with you?
for my hand is cold, and needs warmth...
Where are you going?"

from the song "By My Side", from Godspell, by Stephen Schwartz.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

UnhappyReader

Postby UnhappyReader » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:46 am UTC

I don't know about the others here, but that was a giant let-down for me. Over a month of literally building up followed by a weekend of fade-out with a tease of the girl dragging something and then a quick-cut to what appears to be a new place and story. It feels like Randall had no idea where he was going with the first book in a series so just gave up on that one and moved on to writing the next book, but not before leaving one more mystery to taunt or torture his audience.

_rq

Postby _rq » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:51 am UTC

since the beginning of the walk, I thought that the recent scenery could conveniently be referred to as 'the walk'. surprisingly, nobody has pointed this out yet, so I'm still able to bring the news after reading through from just before the fading.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:55 am UTC

Thank you, ucim/Jose. :)

Hi, tman2nd! *waves*

"The Walk" seems appropriate to me, at least thus far.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Goggalor

Postby Goggalor » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:59 am UTC

I'm going to guess and say that the rate of newpages per timeframe is going to return to pre-fading levels now. I've noticed the number of active users has dropped to levels similar to the number before the avalanche of premature farewells that accompanied #F00000. I'm sure this is good news to everyone who has to make a blitz to return to the present.

EDIT: I wish I had graphs to prove my point, but alas...
Last edited by Goggalor on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:00 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper Of The Bags, Protector Of Puns
A Timewaiter from the very beginning to the bitter end.1
1but not from beginning to end to beginning since I'm not a loopist

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:00 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Thank you, ucim/Jose. :)

Hi, tman2nd! *waves*

Yeah I wonder if it will be 'The Long Walk'. How much longer can he just do them just walking. Randall should just write a random land line generator and get it to paste in the characters moving left to right and leave it to generate frames for him. How many months will we still wait for it if that happens?

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:00 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Thank you, ucim/Jose. :)

Hi, tman2nd! *waves*

They have bags though - isn't it more of a hike?

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:00 am UTC

And so they traveled,
to a galaxy far, far away,
to return… nevermore.

EDIT: for the period, I suggest The Truth Is Out There The Search.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.

juliancolton

Postby juliancolton » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:03 am UTC

I love how Megball can live, work, and play together for so long and only speak when they have something important to say. I don't know anybody who can walk with a friend or relation and not ramble endlessly. Props to Megball.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:05 am UTC

I can't decide: Are they wearing backpacks, or just carrying the bags Megan went off to fetch slung over their shoulders?
juliancolton wrote:I love how Megball can live, work, and play together for so long and only speak when they have something important to say. I don't know anybody who can walk with a friend or relation and not ramble endlessly. Props to Megball.

"I've just been keeping you company, John."
"Well, I appreciate it, Harley, and I don't mind it too much for the first hundred miles. But Harley, you've been talking for a thousand miles."
(Edited for double post - Man, things really have slowed down.)
Last edited by jjjdavidson on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:18 am UTC

Today was a rough day for me. I woke up with my stomach in knots because I was certain that a) BlitzGirl had caught up to the Present (and I didn't have a hat for her yet), and b) the fade had concluded and i) either Time had ended, or ii) Time had entered a new Era (period? eon?) and 1) I was missing it and 2) I had a boatload of unfinished hats. I had no idea how much hat-pressure I had been putting on myself!

And so, lo and behold, when I was finally able to get to the computer, nearly all of the above had indeed taken place, and I was over 10 newpages behind. I nearly cancelled all appointments for the day, but realized that would just make my anxiety worse.

So I reluctantly went on with my day trying to keep my panic at bay and Waiting for the couple of free hours I knew I had in afternoon to ketchup, which I used accordingly, then had to rush off again, stomach still wound up because I had only barely managed to catchup. Also, there were several very important outside things I had been neglecting that were about to explode and I couldn't decide on my priorities.

I did not feel right with myself until I had q) bestowed BlitzGirl's hat upon her, r) caught up, s) seen the post-fade TimeFrames and reassured myself that Time had not come to an end, t) paid quarterly taxes, u) fed the cats, v) pilled the cats, w) returned client phone calls, and x) a few other things I can't remember any more. Oh right, y) eaten.

I am feeling much better now. The hats will come when they come, if they come.

And now it's comatime.

if I wake tomorrow and there's as much pressure as there was today, I think it might be ME that explodes.
I think I might need professional help

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:21 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
if I wake tomorrow and there's as much pressure as there was today, I think it might be ME that explodes.

No pressure! The thread's not going anywhere! We know you work hard to produce all those fine pieces of haberdashery, and that Outside intrudes far too often into our Watching. Take your time, relax, it's no rush!

htom

Postby htom » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:22 am UTC

juliancolton wrote:I love how Megball can live, work, and play together for so long and only speak when they have something important to say. I don't know anybody who can walk with a friend or relation and not ramble endlessly. Props to Megball.

Sometimes and some people, having the time to walk around the lake together, not saying fifty words to each other over a couple hours, says more than any words could. It's a rare, intense intimacy that I have shared with very few. Words can be as much wall as window.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:24 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

No pressure! The thread's not going anywhere! We know you work hard to produce all those fine pieces of haberdashery, and that Outside intrudes far too often into our Watching. Take your time, relax, it's no rush!

*HUGS* Buffygirl! There seems to be heaps more Time to come. And most of are used to 'waiting for it' anyway! So don't stress :)

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:25 am UTC

My turn to pull a BlitzGirl - I'm over 60 pages behind after failing to follow the progress of the OTC for a few days.

I did, however, catch some late sigcouragement for her, and noticed mentions of time fading - I just had to sneak a peek... :roll: It looks like the loopists were right!

I expect it'll take me until past the comic's end to catch back up, so let me just say it's been a privilege Waiting for It with all of you. The amount of insanity, humor, creativity, and wisdom in here is unparalleled by anything I've seen or taken part in before. Best wishes to all of you, and may all your future Waiting, no matter what it be for, be swift and joyful.
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

htom

Postby htom » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:26 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

*HUGS* Buffygirl! There seems to be heaps more Time to come. And most of are used to 'waiting for it' anyway! So don't stress :)

Sweet dreams, buffygirl!

fatness

Postby fatness » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:26 am UTC

htom wrote:

Sometimes and some people, having the time to walk around the lake together, not saying fifty words to each other over a couple hours, says more than any words could. It's a rare, intense intimacy that I have shared with very few. Words can be as much wall as window.

Well put. My wife and I can walk down three miles of beach and not say a thing. Sharing the experience in real time says it all.

Kind of like lurking here.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:32 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:

"Well, I appreciate it, Harley, and I don't mind it too much for the first hundred miles. But Harley, you've been talking for a thousand miles."

I read juliancolton's post and I thought of ... ninja'ed by someone else who's likes James Stewart / Henry Fonda movies...

buffygirl; go and coma in peace... "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:34 am UTC

htom wrote:
Latent22 wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

Sweet dreams, buffygirl!

Absolutely! No need to stress yourself out. Don't let your hats drive you bats! If your gorgeous hattosity becomes a "gotta" it will squeeze all the joy out of it.

Even if Time ends we'll be here for you.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:35 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

Poor Buffygirl! More *HUGS* Those are more worries (both OTC- and Outside-related)than any one Arch-Cardinal should have to bear. Perhaps with the acceptance of a new hat, the grateful recipients would gladly accept a small burden, to take it off your shoulders.

I'll start, though my avatar is not hat-friendly: I'll pill the cats.
does anyone have one of those sweater-pillers that's cat-friendly?
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

vvn

Postby vvn » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:38 am UTC

They find (the) River.

foundriver.png
foundriver.png (6.31 KiB) Viewed 11129 times

edo

Postby edo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:40 am UTC

454/459 NewPages

Hi Future-

Some cool stuff back here.

Whizbang wrote:Maybe the "Era of Everybody Has To Update Their Sigs"?
You are right. Sigged. (why do I sig the way I sig?)

BlitzGirl wrote:Okay, the black and white songs were tackled by people much brighter than I, but I found a song I liked that still fits the theme, I think. :)
Spoiler:
Both Sides, Now
(with utmost respect for Joni Mitchell)

Poles in holes set everywhere
Lift tall Sandcastles in the air
And Megan shaking off her hair
I've looked at Time that way
But now away the Duo runs
Leaving us puzzled, every one
So much construction left undone
And yet they didn't stay

I've looked at Time from both sides now,
The black and white, and still somehow
Each newpix still leaves me in thrall
I really don't know Time at all

Toons, typhoons, and graphed ideals
The dizzy wandering makes you reel
As into Present Time you steal
I've looked at posts that way
But now I'm part of the whole show
Not just a pilgrim Now, you know
Into the future I must go
Let the past slip away

I've looked at posts from both sides now,
From here and then, and still somehow
Each newpage still leaves me in thrall
I really don't know threads at all

Tears and fears, the Waiting crowd
Shout "It's not over!" right out loud
Streams and beams made us feel proud,
we've looked at Time that way
But now the Pair are open range
And we all wonder what will change
But still it seems a fair exchange
The Fading's gone away!

We've looked at Time from both sides now,
From Fade and not, and still somehow
Each TimeFrame still leaves us in thrall
We really don't know Time at all

We've looked at Time from both sides now,
From hope and dread, and still somehow
Each TimeFrame still leaves us in thrall
We really don't know Time at all
Totally awesome.

See you all soon.
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

htom

Postby htom » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:41 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:

I read juliancolton's post and I thought of ... ninja'ed by someone else who's likes James Stewart / Henry Fonda movies...

buffygirl; go and coma in peace... "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"

I didn't recognize the quote and googled; this thread is the third hit! Cheyenne Social Club, I haven't seen it.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:42 am UTC

vvn wrote:They find (the) River.

foundriver.png

ROFL

and the River, she IS small, (but lethal)

EDIT
htom, it's a fun and funny little cowboy movie. Jimmy Stewart inherits a "social" house (thinking it's a boarding house or some such) and finds just how "social" the ladies are.
Last edited by pelrigg on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:48 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:42 am UTC

foundriver.png

Isn't that BHG right behind MMs M&C… with a relativistic baseball?

edo

Postby edo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:49 am UTC

ucim wrote:In witness thereof, as Pope of the Order of the Holy Contradiction, do I hereby consecrate the Gospel of BlitzGirl, to be counted among the Most Holy Records, along side the Book of Aubron, the Book of Geekwagon, the The Wiki Of Time, and the uncollected charts that have yet to be assembled into a proper Book.

And I consecrate you, bestowing upon thee the title of BlitzGirl. Note that in this usage BlitzGirl is a title, not a name. Even as we speak there are others who are pursuing the same quest as the one you so brilliantly consummated. You are BlitzGirl the First, and they shall acquire the title "BlitzGirl the Next" when they complete their pilgrimage.

I had to note this because if BlitzGirl has the title BlitzGirl, and she can BlitzGirl, say, the Gospel of BlitzGirl, then

BlitzGirl BlitzGirl, BlitzGril BlitzGirl!
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:52 am UTC

Huh, I guess I am BlitzGirl BlitzGirl now. Even my name is recursive! Re-curse you, Recursion!

buffygirl wrote:if I wake tomorrow and there's as much pressure as there was today, I think it might be ME that explodes.

Poor buffygirl! I certainly didn't intend to put any hat-pressure on you! Please don't explode!
Just breathe! And Wait for it.

jjjdavidson wrote:I can't decide: Are they wearing backpacks, or just carrying the bags Megan went off to fetch slung over their shoulders?
<snip>

Knapsacks, perhaps? And yes, you know what comes next:
Spoiler:
The Timely Wanderers
(to the tune of The Happy Wanderer)

We love to go a-wandering
Far from the Castle black,
And as we go, we love to sing
Our knapsacks on our backs

Coffeesea, Bacon gnaw,
Coffeesea,
Bacon gnaw-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
Coffeesea, Bacon gnaw,

We love to wander by the sea
It's big, second to none
But when it gets too big we flee
And head out on the run!

Coffeesea, Bacon gnaw,
Coffeesea,
Coffeesea, Bacon gnaw,

Back on the Thread, Timewaiters cling
To screens at work and home
And just like us, they love to sing
As through this Time we roam

Coffeesea, Bacon gnaw,
Coffeesea,
Coffeesea, Bacon gnaw,

Oh, we may go a-wandering
(Or come back by-and-by?)
Oh, may we always hike and sing
Beneath Randall's white sky!

Coffeesea, Bacon gnaw,
Coffeesea,
Coffeesea, Bacon gnaw,
Our knapsacks on our backs!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:55 am UTC

edo wrote:
ucim wrote:In witness thereof, as Pope of the Order of the Holy Contradiction, do I hereby consecrate the Gospel of BlitzGirl, to be counted among the Most Holy Records, along side the Book of Aubron, the Book of Geekwagon, the The Wiki Of Time, and the uncollected charts that have yet to be assembled into a proper Book.

And I consecrate you, bestowing upon thee the title of BlitzGirl. Note that in this usage BlitzGirl is a title, not a name. Even as we speak there are others who are pursuing the same quest as the one you so brilliantly consummated. You are BlitzGirl the First, and they shall acquire the title "BlitzGirl the Next" when they complete their pilgrimage.

I had to note this because if BlitzGirl has the title BlitzGirl, and she can BlitzGirl, say, the Gospel of BlitzGirl, then

BlitzGirl BlitzGirl, BlitzGril BlitzGirl!

I didn't know she had a grill. I might check it out someday. What does she serve? :)
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:57 am UTC

Bacon, of course!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:06 am UTC

SPOKONG!
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:09 am UTC

So much for comfortable silence!

So she has been far before but not this way.

It seems they are trapped on some island/place. but other than the IKEA store there seems to be nothing. No plants or anything.
Last edited by Latent22 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:10 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:09 am UTC

KarMann wrote:SPOKONG!

Neither have we, Megan!
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:14 am UTC

tman2nd wrote:
edo wrote:BlitzGirl BlitzGirl, BlitzGril BlitzGirl!

I didn't know she had a grill. I might check it out someday. What does she serve? :)

Ooh, is that a new restaurant? I might have to try it out. I hope the Waiters are of the highest caliber.

Edit: What-Used-To-Be-Pope-For-A-Newpage. I hereby (don't) declare that all (none) of us shall cease (continue) making hat demands (or not) of buffygirl!

Edit2: Never mind, got noob-bumped! Whew!
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:54 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:23 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
tman2nd wrote:
edo wrote:BlitzGirl BlitzGirl, BlitzGril BlitzGirl!

Ooh, is that a new restaurant? I might have to try it out. I hope the Waiters are of the highest caliber.

Edit: What-Used-To-Be-Pope-For-A-Newpage. I hereby (don't) declare that all (none) of us shall cease (continue) making hat demands (or not) of buffygirl!

BlitzGril sounds like a great restaurant!

Bet they Grill all their food really quickly to lock in the flavor etc. But even though your food is cooked really quickly you still have to wait ages for it to get to you...

Edit: Or maybe it takes so long because the chefs first go back searching though and documenting your history until they know exactly what food you should have and why. So instead of you picking something to eat they go off and do the research and eventually (maybe weeks later) they catch up to you in the present and give you the most amazing and insightful meal of your lives!
Last edited by Latent22 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:28 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

katakombe

Postby katakombe » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:26 am UTC

katakombe wrote:blindposting here: wow, there i'm out for a couple of hours and i'm six pages in the past - how the duck did that happen? did time end for good and the next pages contain everybodys goodbyes? did it loop? what did LaPetite drag in? did she save the flag and/or Time? does it fade in?

only one way to find out: read. see you soon!

just came across my blindpost. still six pages behind (damn you, coma!). so, blindposting again. in a much better mood because obviously Time didn't end. trying to catch up with the present again. see y'all soon!

htom

Postby htom » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:30 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:

foundriver.png

ROFL

and the River, she IS small, (but lethal)

EDIT
htom, it's a fun and funny little cowboy movie. Jimmy Stewart inherits a "social" house (thinking it's a boarding house or some such) and finds just how "social" the ladies are.

I so wish that HTML supported the ROFLcopter. I know, my age is showing.

I can imagine. Fish-out-of-water humor can be so funny, and he can do that as well as anyone. Sticking it into the film que, and comaing.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”