1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Goggalor

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Goggalor » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm UTC

I just feel like there needs to be a resolution or punchline or something, but I guess Time doesn't care about what anyone thinks and it moves along no matter how much people may object. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for it.
Last edited by Goggalor on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper Of The Bags, Protector Of Puns
A Timewaiter from the very beginning to the bitter end.1
1but not from beginning to end to beginning since I'm not a loopist

cari.j.elliot

Postby cari.j.elliot » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm UTC

Don't succumb to the sorrows of Loopism! We must be steadfast! We must Wait for it! The way back will come but once.
I would like to request that anyone currently doing whatever and posting a large (or even medium) number/volume of responses in a singe post should
Spoiler:
spoiler them.
Thank you.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm UTC

mscha wrote:You just beat me to it.
I'm not converted either, but I'm wavering... But we can only, indeed, wait for it; yesterday, most of us were pretty convinced it was over, and look how that turned out.

It's true; I plodded through many pastposts fearing the End of Time was imminent, but still we Wait.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

woods

Postby woods » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:27 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Goggalor wrote:Here's a poorly thrown together comparison of the two frames (I just zoomed and cropped the current frame) so I don't have to flip back and forth between the two. It really is quite similar, but I'm not converting to Loopism yet! Time can't end!
Spoiler:

You just beat me to it.
I'm not converted either, but I'm wavering... But we can only, indeed, wait for it; yesterday, most of us were pretty convinced it was over, and look how that turned out.

Similar, but not the same... Hopefully!

TimeOverlap.jpg
TimeOverlap.jpg (10.5 KiB) Viewed 8277 times

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:29 pm UTC

Goggalor wrote:I just feel like there needs to be a resolution or punchline or something, but I guess Time doesn't care about what anyone thinks and it moves along no matter how much people may object. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for it.

I think it will end up being something like this:
loopdeloopist.PNG
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Goggalor

Postby Goggalor » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:30 pm UTC

woods wrote:
mscha wrote:
Goggalor wrote:Here's a poorly thrown together comparison of the two frames (I just zoomed and cropped the current frame) so I don't have to flip back and forth between the two. It really is quite similar, but I'm not converting to Loopism yet! Time can't end!
Spoiler:

You just beat me to it.

Spoiler:
TimeOverlap.jpg

Ahh that's much better. It's eerily similar... :shock:

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:32 pm UTC

I bookmarked where I got to (adding to my large collection of bookmarks) and now am staying in the Present, for now. Time has to go on and on. There is always Time to catch up later. Which is why I procrastinate so much.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
My madspace
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

saengerbeatle

Postby saengerbeatle » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:33 pm UTC

no, it's not a loop... yet.
There are bags and where did they got the ladder, the bucket and all the stuff they build the castle with? It wouldn't really make sence to finish the Story this way.
And there has to be a larger story that kinda includes the Girl.

Only thing that worries me, is that we are at picture #997 (according to http://xkcd.aubronwood.com/). Just 27 to go until a big round-number milestone - which would be a good point to finish the "wait"ing... but I really don't want it to end...
Last edited by saengerbeatle on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Pikrass

Postby Pikrass » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:34 pm UTC

And there's still three frames for them to get rid of the bags before #1000. Ooooh I am a loopist but I really don't like that. Life is worthless without Time. :(
Programmer and waiter devoted to Time.

Scripts for the One True Thread: heretic date to newpix converter; spoiler detector; multiquote; extra hide button for spoilers.
Code, links and instructions on Github.
Bundle (Firefox only)

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:36 pm UTC

saengerbeatle wrote:Only thing that worries me, is that we are at picture #997 (according to http://xkcd.aubronwood.com/). Just 27 to go until a big round-number milestone - which would be a good point to finish the "wait"ing... but I really don't want it to end...

Don't worry, it's still almost 200 newpix to 1190. :P
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:39 pm UTC

BlitzGirl, that was indeed awesome.

It is a loop and the bags contain all the building materials they use to make the sandcastles!

No it's not a loop you silly people, it's reference humor, isn't it hilarious?
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:39 pm UTC

Pikrass wrote:And there's still three frames for them to get rid of the bags before #1000. Ooooh I am a loopist but I really don't like that. Life is worthless without Time. :(

I think 1024 is more likely. We still need to zoom in, and to do that gradually takes much more than three frames. Also, the Lord Randall is a geek, and us geeks consider 1024 a much rounder number than 1000.

But we'll see. I'm not quite converted to loopism yet.
Last edited by mscha on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

marchlight

Postby marchlight » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:39 pm UTC

Montov wrote:Yeah, it is the biggest problem with the Loop-theory: if there are unanswered questions, it would be weird if Megball will ask the same questions again and again. If all questions will be answered then asking the same questions again will be stupid.

I was a big supporter of the Loop-theory, but I guess I don't see a way it would work. Only a rerun of the comic could make sense in that way, but that is not really a loop.

Agreed. Even if Randall were to change the text on each loop (which would require minimal effort and allow the comic to continue for years pretty easily), there are too many unique occurrences in the images for a loop to feel anything but awkward. Would Megan foolishly try to lift herself up using the bucket and fall at the exact same moment every time? Would Cueball keep putting the ladder under the floor of the platform? Maybe Cueball would be that dense, but eventually Megan would be like "get up here and OH BY THE WAY put the damn ladder on the side this time!".

rcrowell

Postby rcrowell » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:40 pm UTC

My prediction: a chaotic strange attractor kind of process.

Time will continue to unfold, and nearly loop, but not quite. "Things" will change from iteration to iteration - dialog, fleeting appearances of third characters, bag placement, etc. Not quite loopist, but not really open-ended either...and somehow singularly unsatisfying to me.

kryton

Postby kryton » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:44 pm UTC

Journal of the Accidental Tourist
Temporal Coordinates top of Page 421 of 464.

Today I trekked through a discourse on Haiku and many wonderful examples. There was much discussion about rules and syllables and themes, and some very good poetry.

Also I Found a neat listing of movie spoilers (I knew 90% of them)

The Sigs are teasing at "What is this thing called the fading", and use of light gray font colors in the sigs? hmmm , Struggling onward ...

Valarya wrote:Guys. How can none of you notice that this frame is lighter <gray-scale> than any of the 894 that came before it?! Does that mean it's going to fade away? PANIC!! PANIC!

hmm, More confirmation that something is going on in the OTC

Kieryn wrote:Checked the color and yes it is confirmed. The black is now #151515.
<snip>
Here are my best guesses:
* Transition to night lighting (a la Drakeesh's idea)
* Lighting from some event, an explosion, maybe a lightning strike, maybe it will start raining?
* Fade to white, then fade in to new location
My favorite is the 3rd one at this point. I would love to see what C/M are up to...

Since the other two would be a very un-Randall-esq type of ending, I favor fade out/in to a new location as well.

Further on I encountered discussion about the different browsers rendering the color changes differently. A suspect /\/\$ was rumored to interfere with other browsers.

cmyk wrote:IT DRAWS NIGH! ALL BEWARE THE WHITE TIDE!

Very Cleaver :)

Time to light a campfire and toast a marshmallow as I contemplate and ingest what has past for me, what is to come for me that has already passed for you, and the oddities of transposing positions with BlitzGirl, (BTW I found a pair of sunglasses along the trail, anyone lose them?)
1298 and counting

Ptarr

Postby Ptarr » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:46 pm UTC

I don't believe in loopism.

Just as Lord Randall was teasing the "endists" with the Fade, he's now teasing the loopists with this image. They might even get rid of their bags now. But personally I won't believe in loopism until we get to the point where some questions are asked a second time.

And completely unrelated: Blitzgirl, your picture/comic is more than awesome.

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:47 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Pikrass wrote:And there's still three frames for them to get rid of the bags before #1000. Ooooh I am a loopist but I really don't like that. Life is worthless without Time. :(

I think 1024 is more likely. We still need to zoom in, and to do that gradually takes much more than three frames. Also, the Lord Randall is a geek, and us geeks consider 1024 a much rounder number than 1000.

But we'll see. I'm not quite converted to loopism yet.

I am most certainly not a loopist, at least not in the current sense. I personally like the idea of them creating successive sand castles till they have circumnavigated the semencoffeecancerbabies Sea 1 And finally come back around to their original castle, finding that La Petite has turned into a "No Grown-ups Allowed!" clubhouse2.

1Which is Big, and does what it wants
2Answering earlier question, I am 33, and would not be allowed :(
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:48 pm UTC

Okay, finally had Time to return to posts I read in the Present, but was too busy making my Boom-De-Yada picture to respond to:

Flado wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:But then again, I am the Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church.

We seem to have traded places - I post from the past (NP 453) and you are the Patriarch...

Never fear - your current Present is not so far from mine!

Oh, StratPlayer, I loved the songs! :)

VoronX wrote:Post coma.
398 out of 462 pages. NP ???? VEXlocity: -14 newpages/day. How disheartening. :?
<snip>

Yay! something directed to me, from Blitzgirl's past, which was the distant past, and is my present. (A gift? For me?? Awwww, shucks! You shouldn't have...)
BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 367 out of 398 pages.
The Next Level. NP 735.
Several sig-sightings:
Spoiler:
VoronX wrote:Blitzgirl! I totally can't wait for you to find out about the Sigcouragement!
Find out about it? Find out what about it?

The original sig was in a spoiler, and that was my not-so-clever attempt at self-referential meta-sigcouragement humor...oh well, they can't all be zingers.

Well, Back to the grind!

FTFY. I think it's funny :D
And don't worry about your vexlocity, that sounds fine to me. Some days I managed less than that! I look forward to seeing your arrival in the Now, if Time doesn't repeat itself! Otherwise, I might be catching up to you...

kryton wrote:Journal of the Accidental Tourist
Temporal Coordinates top of Page 421 of 464.
<snip>
Time to light a campfire and toast a marshmallow as I contemplate and ingest what has past for me, what is to come for me that has already passed for you, and the oddities of transposing positions with BlitzGirl, (BTW I found a pair of sunglasses along the trail, anyone lose them?)

Congrats on making it to this newpage, kryton - as you can see the thread of Time is a bit Loopy right now.
I don't recall losing any sunglasses, so they must be somebody else's.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:53 pm UTC

woods wrote:
mscha wrote:
Spoiler:

You just beat me to it.

Spoiler:
The attachment TimeOverlap.jpg is no longer available

Argh, darn you loopists!
Frame Comparison.png
Frame Comparison.png (7.97 KiB) Viewed 7140 times

It is earily similar. Although, the biggest thing to note, Is if it does loop, the SEA WILL ALWAYS BE RISING! Near Infinite expansion.
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:54 pm UTC

I seem to be perpetually 7 NewPages behind lately. It's always a conundrum--I really want to see what everyone has to say about the current state of Time (how many different ways are the loopists saying "I told you so!"?), but I also want to know everything everyone else said. I wonder what would happen if I read from both ends and ended up in the middle somewhere. Would Time fold in on itself for me?

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:55 pm UTC

Splinter group from The Loopists:

In String Theory, there's a bunch of dimensions which are supposed to be really tiny, or rolled up. Maybe this entire adventure (which is after all 2-D so far as we can perceive) is taking place in one/some of those tiny dimensions. That would explain their lack of understanding of water source/sinks, as well as their journey's apparent loop to the original slope, and La Petite's popping in and out of existence.
Or not -- I really don't understand any of that string/brane stuff anyway :oops:
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

htom

Postby htom » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:I bookmarked where I got to (adding to my large collection of bookmarks) and now am staying in the Present, for now. Time has to go on and on. There is always Time to catch up later. Which is why I procrastinate so much.

Oh were that (always time to catch up later) only so. Two haiku I use elsewhere as tags --

Await dreams, loves, life; | There is always tomorrow. | Until there is not.

Grieving love unsaid. | Tomorrow will fail someday. | Tell them today, OK?

Great songs, Stratplayer.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

speising

Postby speising » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

the funny thing is, this whole comic, i mean, the OTC, would not really be possible without the OTT, and the gracious contributions of Aubron, et al.
Without Time machines, who would have kept on refreshing, and relishing, every newpix?
Randall most certainly was aware this would happen, and depended on it, and it is ironical that the fora aren't even linked from the comic page anymore.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

Not long till next newpix! *bounces around and annoys everyone on the thread*
My madspace
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

SWO Crash

Postby SWO Crash » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

Caswallon wrote:I am most certainly not a loopist, at least not in the current sense. I personally like the idea of them creating successive sand castles till they have circumnavigated the semencoffeecancerbabies Sea 1 And finally come back around to their original castle, finding that La Petite has turned into a "No Grown-ups Allowed!" clubhouse2.

1Which is Big, and does what it wants
2Answering earlier question, I am 33, and would not be allowed :(

I like this idea. More like an iteration than a loop. Each new location gives them the ability to make a (somewhat) different sandcastle, building on what they have learned from the previous location(s).
We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

Husband, Father, Sailor, Son.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

saengerbeatle wrote:no, it's not a loop... yet.
There are bags and where did they got the ladder, the bucket and all the stuff they build the castle with? It wouldn't really make sence to finish the Story this way.
And there has to be a larger story that kinda includes the Girl.

Only thing that worries me, is that we are at picture #997 (according to http://xkcd.aubronwood.com/). Just 27 to go until a big round-number milestone - which would be a good point to finish the "wait"ing... but I really don't want it to end...

IIRC, there are some places where The Book of Aubron doesn't correlate exactly to the OTC. What is the true count currently?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Goggalor

Postby Goggalor » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:03 pm UTC

OOLONG

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:04 pm UTC

Are they eating? Got their hands around their necks? Sucking their fingers? Cake?
My madspace

123Adz321

Postby 123Adz321 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:05 pm UTC

Did a quick overlay of mid-zoom and latest Newpix...

they are matching up pretty well. The end of time may be near.

Dear Time travellers, I bring a gift from the future: A userscript for Chrome (Tampermonkey) or Firefox (Greasemonkey)
This will convert outside time to the One True Time of Newpix
- Courtesy of Pikrass
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:06 pm UTC

Now:
speising wrote:the funny thing is, this whole comic, i mean, the OTC, would not really be possible without the OTT, and the gracious contributions of Aubron, et al.
Without Time machines, who would have kept on refreshing, and relishing, every newpix?
Randall most certainly was aware this would happen, and depended on it, and it is ironical that the fora aren't even linked from the comic page anymore.

Newpage 32, 2013-03-26, 9:18 pm UTC:
slinches wrote:Alternative theory: The comic is a promotion for the forum to make up for dropping the link on the main page. (I signed up for this thread too, although I've been lurking for a while)

It's still unclear whether Time itself will Loop, but the thread of Time sure does echo itself a lot.
(Inevitable, I suppose.)

Oh, and this is my 200th post! Can we party again?
*parties anyway*
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:08 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:08 pm UTC

Goggalor wrote:OOLONG
Spoiler:

The Sea Level is still rising
123Adz321 wrote:Did a quick overlay of mid-zoom and latest Newpix...
Spoiler:

Look above, might have beaten you to the punch :)

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:09 pm UTC

OK, here's a non-hatted person theory (although I was lurking on the thread from about post 6):

It's like Finnegan's Wake or The Wall.

"Where we came in" is not actually the start. Our "start" is actually not chronologically the start.

I'm not quite sure where the start is, if there is one. But I haven't seen anybody satisfactorily explain how LaPetite was seen apparently dragging Megan and Cueball in the final frame before fadeout, or where she went afterwards.
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

123Adz321

Postby 123Adz321 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:09 pm UTC

Caswallon wrote:
Goggalor wrote:OOLONG
Spoiler:

The Sea Level is still rising
123Adz321 wrote:Did a quick overlay of mid-zoom and latest Newpix...
Spoiler:

Look above, might have beaten you to the punch :)

Whoops, missed that
Dear Time travellers, I bring a gift from the future: A userscript for Chrome (Tampermonkey) or Firefox (Greasemonkey)
This will convert outside time to the One True Time of Newpix
- Courtesy of Pikrass
Spoiler:

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:10 pm UTC

123Adz321 wrote:The end of time may be near.

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot... compute.... idea...

Shutting down...

Starting up...

Realizes mild addiction...

Hides recognition in a hidden folder...

Hides idea in same folder...

Time isn't going to end any time soon. It should be at least 5 months in the future before that happens. There's too much we need to know.
My madspace

tulip74

Postby tulip74 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:12 pm UTC

What if the fade-out was the end?

All frames post #FFFFFF are simply a rewind back to the beginning. Memento anyone?

So once we hit the zoomed-in frame there's another jump to even further back in time...

woods

Postby woods » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:13 pm UTC

Eutychus wrote:<snip>
But I haven't seen anybody satisfactorily explain how LaPetite was seen apparently dragging Megan and Cueball in the final frame before fadeout, or where she went afterwards.

Wait... Was that what she was carrying? I thought nobody had any ideas on that yet.

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

woods wrote:
Eutychus wrote:<snip>
But I haven't seen anybody satisfactorily explain how LaPetite was seen apparently dragging Megan and Cueball in the final frame before fadeout, or where she went afterwards.

Wait... Was that what she was carrying? I thought nobody had any ideas on that yet.

Someone suggested it might be rocks for making a better wall against the tide. Also might be building materials for improving the construction in some other way. I doubt it is M&C. I think she's going to help in some way.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

gkar56

Postby gkar56 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:16 pm UTC

Hello, I have lurked for ages here, finally logged on, and I don't have anything witty to say. :oops: I hope it is ok to quote Star Trek?

“Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey — reminds us to cherish every moment because they’ll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we’ve lived. After all, Number One, we’re only mortal.” (Captain Jean-Luc Picard)

Soup

Postby Soup » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:19 pm UTC

While not yet quite a convert, the biggest quarrel I have with loopism at this point is LaPetite. But what if she doesn't actually exist? She only appears while M is asleep1 and at the end of the fadeout, doing whatever2. If, as has been suggested, she is transporting their heads, that could be a metaphor for the loss of their accumulated knowledge of Time. And they are again clueless by the Sea3.

1 Dreaming?
2 Maybe someone can do The Red/ Green Thing to frames 968 and 969 to get a more clear outline of her?
3 Big.

EDIT for strikethrough
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:24 pm UTC

Is LaPetite a problem if it is a loop which we didn't join at the beginning, Finnegan's Wake style?

(which "begins": riverrun...)
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”