1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Sciscitor

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Sciscitor » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:25 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Ready to see what I spent my morning doing? Here you go! It's a Present Present from me to you!

Spoiler:

This.... This is not awsome. It's certainly not epic, not even EPIC... It is far beyond that... It is Randall-f*ckung-esque!

Congratulations, and there I was worrying you wouldn't know what to do after traversing the whole of the OTT.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Zorin_75

Postby Zorin_75 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:30 pm UTC

The journey so far...
timetravel.png
Last edited by Zorin_75 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:36 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Go Minim go!

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:32 pm UTC

Hmm is the 466th page a good place to finally de-lurk? I think it is. I read the first 50 pages, and then gave up any hope of having the resolve to be a true follower of Time. I've been reading random pages here and there, though, and checking in on the wiki and the... what have you been calling it, the Book of Aubron? That. Anyways hi!

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:35 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Ready to see what I spent my morning doing? Here you go! It's a Present Present from me to you!

Spoiler:

Click Here for Larger Version

Disclaimer: I really, really wanted to fit as many posters as possible in here but my wrist is already limp as a noodle! I tried to mostly stay with still-active people since they're the ones most likely to see it. But there were still way, way too many for even a dozen of these! I still love you all equally, I promise!!
List of those I included:
LaPetite
Angelastic
Latent22
Kieryn
(manip by cmyk)
KarMann
StratPlayer
azule
tman2nd
(whoever started the footnote thing)
mscha
patzer
Eternal Density
Helper (missing)
ChronosDragon
macraw83
cmyk
RobIrr
buffygirl
Dracomax
manvandmaan
Me (yeah, yeah, I know)
The Faded Sandcastle
Cuegan
Hope you enjoy! It was a lot of fun to make. :D One of the reasons I'm happy to be in the Now is that I can do things like this, where in the Past I was too busy Questing, reading pastposts, and writing signposts!

Edit: Oh yeah, the original: http://xkcd.com/442/

This is absolutely spectacular.
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

sciakybros

Postby sciakybros » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:36 pm UTC

Pikrass wrote:Oh god Lord Randall. We're at frame #997 (if the Book of Aubron is right). Does that mean that...? No, I hope not... Well, we'll know four newpixes from now...

I'm so sad right now. :(
And Blitz's awesome image made me nostalgic already!

Geekwagon says frame #999 [geekwagon(dot)net(slash)projects(slash)xkcd1190] This could be the last new frame. Double -> :(

edit: Arggg - nevermind .... posted while time traveling.
Last edited by sciakybros on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:45 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:37 pm UTC

It saddens me that my introductory post will be lost to the sands of time (small t). Ah well, better this than spam-bots I suppose.

JudeMorrigan

Postby JudeMorrigan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:37 pm UTC

123Adz321 wrote:they are matching up pretty well. The end of time may be near.

I take an odd comfort from people predicting the end of Time. At this point, it seems like the surest sign that we are not actually at the end.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:38 pm UTC

People, we are viewing a 3 dimensional world here. I think the last 2 frames have given enough evidence of that. I have no reason to believe there is a difference in the location or position in which they are sitting between those 2 adjacent frames. Therefore due to the change in both landscape and character orientation I can only assume we just rotationally-panned around them. It is my belief that they have either been walking the coastline the entire time, or have crossed what may become known as "The [Edit: One True] Island"
Last edited by Kieryn on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:40 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:38 pm UTC

Soup wrote:While not yet quite a convert, the biggest quarrel I have with loopism at this point is LaPetite. But what if she doesn't actually exist? She only appears while M is asleep1 and at the end of the fadeout, doing whatever2. If, as has been suggested, she is transporting their heads, that could be a metaphor for the loss of their accumulated knowledge of Time. And they are again clueless by the Sea3.

1 Dreaming?
2 Maybe someone can do The Red/ Green Thing to frames 968 and 969 to get a more clear outline of her?
3 Big.

EDIT for strikethrough

LaPetite is merely the will of the Creator of Time. Devotees and true believers of the faith do not require explanations, for the Will of Randall is unquestionable, being ineffable and all. Such is the nature of Faith.

It appears as though, very soon, Time will begin again. We must follow the One Commandment, Wait for it.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

woods

Postby woods » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:42 pm UTC

I am happy merely because the comic was updated for a Month straight, after we got through that, I will take anything.

That takes some dedication.

EraObserver

Postby EraObserver » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:42 pm UTC

How many times can we predict the apocalypse in one day? :roll:

EDIT: Blitzgirl, awesome comic. Definitely made my day.
Last edited by EraObserver on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:43 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
*Insert witty comment*

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:People, we are viewing a 3 dimensional world here. I think the last 2 frames have given enough evidence of that. I have no reason to believe there is a difference in the location or position in which they are sitting between those 2 adjacent frames. Therefore due to the change in both landscape and character orientation I can only assume we just rotationally-panned around them. It is my belief that they have either been walking the coastline the entire time, or have crossed what may become known as "The [Edit: One True] Island"

Well, if we're going to start using that terminology, then I'm going to hypothesize that LaPetite is the smoke monster.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:44 pm UTC

Disclaimer: I really, really wanted to fit as many posters as possible in here but my wrist is already limp as a noodle! I tried to mostly stay with still-active people since they're the ones most likely to see it. But there were still way, way too many for even a dozen of these! I still love you all equally, I promise!!
Spoiler:
LaPetite
Angelastic
Latent22
Kieryn
(manip by cmyk)
KarMann
StratPlayer
azule
tman2nd
mscha
patzer
Eternal Density
Helper (missing)
ChronosDragon
macraw83
cmyk
RobIrr
buffygirl
Dracomax
manvandmaan
Me (yeah, yeah, I know)
The Faded Sandcastle
Cuegan

Hope you enjoy! It was a lot of fun to make. :D One of the reasons I'm happy to be in the Now is that I can do things like this, where in the Past I was too busy Questing, reading pastposts, and writing signposts!

GKhrrlkkggqzzufflippftujklxxzq!!!!

***Am so blown away, I can no longer make rational words***
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

woods

Postby woods » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:47 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
LaPetite
Angelastic
Latent22
Kieryn
(manip by cmyk)
KarMann
StratPlayer
azule
tman2nd
mscha
patzer
Eternal Density
Helper (missing)
ChronosDragon
macraw83
cmyk
RobIrr
buffygirl
Dracomax
manvandmaan
Me (yeah, yeah, I know)
The Faded Sandcastle
Cuegan

Dang it. I knew I should have registered at the start instead of just lurking the whole time. Look at me! I do not even have an avatar yet.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:48 pm UTC

I shall follow the One Commandment, however frustrating, pointless, or annoying it may seem. I was following Time before and during the Age Of The Slow Pixel. It has been mysterious, annoying, scary, yet brilliant, exciting, and wonderful. And now I am a demi-addict. I follow each Newpix when I can and at other times I sleep and go to lessons. Homework is still procrastinated on.

I would love to know my own future, but all I can really do is follow the One Commandment and wait for it, using the now to improve my knowledge and understanding and chances without using a cheat. But if I had a cheat, I would use it.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:49 pm UTC

Hmmmm... It's definitely loopish, but I don't believe it's fully looped.

I think Lord Randall, in his infinite comic genius, is trying to provide us with a divine revelation, which -- alas-- our imperfect human brains cannot fully understand. The closest my meager efforts at full enlightenment can reach is...

Spoiler:
...he's definitely fucking with us again.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:50 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:GKhrrlkkggqzzufflippftujklxxzq!!!!

***Am so blown away, I can no longer make rational words***

Hehe, I almost put that through ROT13 :P
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:50 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:Hmmmm... It's definitely loopish, but I don't believe it's fully looped.

I think Lord Randall, in his infinite comic genius, is trying to provide us with a divine revelation, which -- alas-- our imperfect human brains cannot fully understand. The closest my meager efforts at full enlightenment can reach is...

Spoiler:

Oh, definitely. But I don't mind it all that much. I enjoy it! :D
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:51 pm UTC

410/466. Looks like posting may have slowed down in my Future (your Present)? This is encouraging. So is the entire afternoon I have free for this... :mrgreen:

SBN wrote:
azule wrote:
Latent22 posted at exactly the hour wrote:BOMBAY BADONKADONG
Spoiler:

I propose all future spoofs be posted on the hour. I'm confused seeing one mid-hour, but was excited when it could have been a real one due to timing. 8-)

I've been thinking spoofs should have a colored border or something to distinguish them. Some of you are just too good at this.

+1. I do most of my OTT reading from my phone, can't see the OTC at all because my browser is fail (something in the JS has angered it) so I always fall for the spoofs. Well, almost always. :mrgreen:

BlitzGirl wrote:Why destroy the moon? I'm sure we can find a better use for it than destruction...

Maybe turn it into a Kandrona generator? I know it's already been tried, but we never did see whether it succeeded (and I would argue that was at best an AU and at worst a dream/nightmare).
Sorry, couldn't resist seeing if any other fans of my fav. series are out there...

Dracomax wrote:Does this feel a bit like High School Graduation, (or possibly the point about halfway through the last book of a long series when you realise that before too much longer, you'll never have new adventures with characters you've grown to love) to anyone else?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's kinda bittersweet, isn't it?

Dracomax wrote:That's ...a little lot bleaker than what I had envisioned. I was thinking more on the line of either we do, or we don't go with them. either way, something we have grown to care about (either the castle, or M&C) are gone, possibly forever. We may follow to new adventures, but nothing will ever be the same. We have to bid farewell to one or the other.

What's more, Megan and Cueball have to bid farewell to the castle, with every reason to believe that this work they have labored over will fall into the ever-rising sea before ever they see it again.
it's bittersweet.

+1 for eloquence and accuracy. Additional +1 for ninja'ing me.

StratPlayer wrote:It is good to be home, again Waiting For It. :D

I know what you mean. When I think about it it's probably a little strange, but feels completely natural, to call this thread "home."

Welcome home. :D And congrats to Jovialbard and Jonas79!

Drakeesh wrote:I choose to believe that Megan is more saying, "see you soon", than "goodbye forever". I could understand (given time) leaving a castle, but I could never understand abandoning the flags to the fate of the Sea (which is big).

It seemed final to me. Little, sad, but final. The flags were just for a final moment of glory, because who doesn't want to go out with one of those?

So much lamenting in these pages. ._. Even though I know the OTC goes on and you all still Wait for It, the bittersweetness of the parting remains.

jovialbard wrote:Pull yourselves together men (and ladies)! The OTC still says "wait for it." in the hover text. It doesn't say "good waiting" or "the end" or "I think that's quite enough now". No! It says "Wait for it", and what do we do? We...

edit: "wait for it"? Anyone? Nobody's picking up what I'm putting down? Okey dokey *goes back to reading*

YES! Well said. We WAIT FOR IT!
*returns to waiting, silently walking a well-traveled path thread*
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

Goggalor

Postby Goggalor » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:52 pm UTC

woods wrote:Dang it. I knew I should have registered at the start instead of just lurking the whole time. Look at me! I do not even have an avatar yet.

I think most of the most frequent commenters all joined well after the beginning of time. I mean, as far as I'm aware I'm the only active poster from the first page remaining, but I only have ~50 posts in the OTT.

On topic: These next couple newpix are going to be interesting. Will Time end? Or will it begin again? Or will something unexpected occur? Only Time will tell.
Keeper Of The Bags, Protector Of Puns
A Timewaiter from the very beginning to the bitter end.1
1but not from beginning to end to beginning since I'm not a loopist

Keating

Postby Keating » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:56 pm UTC

When I first saw the OTC I didn't understand it at all, and I gave up. I only really started following 4 days ago, but I guess I would say I think I'm a looper, and I want to chime in before the end (beginning?).

The OTT is amazing, blitzgirl's comic is amazing, the future's pretty cool!

Tom17

Postby Tom17 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:57 pm UTC

A good time for me to reply! I joined when the thread already seemed so so long at 53 pages. I have been lurking but to join back in after over 450 pages... I don't even...

And I just noticed we are on NP999. WHAT WILL HAPPEN????
Last edited by Tom17 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:00 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:58 pm UTC

Goggalor wrote:
woods wrote:Dang it. I knew I should have registered at the start instead of just lurking the whole time. Look at me! I do not even have an avatar yet.

I think most of the most frequent commenters all joined well after the beginning of time. I mean, as far as I'm aware I'm the only active poster from the first page remaining, but I only have ~50 posts in the OTT.

On topic: These next couple newpix are going to be interesting. Will Time end? Or will it begin again? Or will something unexpected occur? Only Time will tell.

What about we Old Ones from before the dawn of Time who mostly lie dead or sleeping but occasionally stir to frighten those fragile young beings bound to the thread of Time?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Pfhorlhu xkcd wgah'nagl fhtagn
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

Keating

Postby Keating » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:01 pm UTC

Lame! :P I was so expecting so much more. Looks like 1024?

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:02 pm UTC

UHOHONG

Edited to add newpix 10 from the Beginning:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Valarya on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:03 pm UTC

She's lying back, looking at the sky... It's down from there.

xspeedballx

Postby xspeedballx » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:04 pm UTC

This may be heresy. But hear me out. Why are we doing what we are told? Why are we waiting for it? Whether it is something unknown or time itself. Should we not fill our days with bigger things and let it come to us with hat in hand? Let it explain itself? We are slowly watching a journey of two travelers unravel. Two travelers who at first spent time waiting, and then time creating, and now time exploring. Ultimately in one way or another Time is not moving forward for us. We are all still stuck 30+ days ago. Watching the same moment in time. New comics have appeared, real time has marched on, but we keep waiting for this one spot of time to be relevant. At the expense of what?

When Time ends.. we will find Time is marching on. We put ourselves in stasis waiting for the End of Time, or It. I say no more! These Lovecraftian devices of time of within a span of a moment must be broken away from before our sanity is ground away. I fear for our vision of the real world once our vision of Time has ended.

Tom17

Postby Tom17 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:04 pm UTC

I'm confused from the aubronwood site. Was the laying down newpix 999 or 1000? Do I have to come back in 30 mins? (Like i'll go anywhere lol)

EraObserver

Postby EraObserver » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

gaaa! She lied down!!! STOP COPYING THE PAST!!! STOP TRYING TO LOOP!!!!
*Insert witty comment*

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:07 pm UTC

xspeedballx wrote:These Lovecraftian devices of time of within a span of a moment must be broken away from before our sanity is ground away.

My sanity was already on low levels before I knew of Time. Does that mean what was remaining has already been ground away?

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:08 pm UTC

Everybody is so sweet! Thank you!

Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:
htom wrote:
Latent22 wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
buffygirl wrote:if I wake tomorrow and there's as much pressure as there was today, I think it might be ME that explodes.
I think I might need professional help

No pressure! The thread's not going anywhere! We know you work hard to produce all those fine pieces of haberdashery, and that Outside intrudes far too often into our Watching. Take your time, relax, it's no rush!

*HUGS* Buffygirl! There seems to be heaps more Time to come. And most of are used to 'waiting for it' anyway! So don't stress :)

Sweet dreams, buffygirl!

Absolutely! No need to stress yourself out. Don't let your hats drive you bats! If your gorgeous hattosity becomes a "gotta" it will squeeze all the joy out of it.
Even if Time ends we'll be here for you.

ChronosDragon, Latent22, htom and StratPlayer: Awwww, thank you!!

fhorn wrote:Poor Buffygirl! More *HUGS* Those are more worries (both OTC- and Outside-related)than any one Arch-Cardinal should have to bear. Perhaps with the acceptance of a new hat, the grateful recipients would gladly accept a small burden, to take it off your shoulders.
I'll start, though my avatar is not hat-friendly: I'll pill the cats.
does anyone have one of those sweater-pillers that's cat-friendly?

*scoops up cats protectively* You stay away from them with that thing!!

pelrigg wrote:buffygirl; go and coma in peace... "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"

Too true. Thank you for the reminder!

BlitzGirl wrote:Poor buffygirl! I certainly didn't intend to put any hat-pressure on you! Please don't explode!
Just breathe! And Wait for it.

You most certainly did not put any pressure on me! It was me that put pressure on me, cuz I had promised to have a hat waiting for you, and I failed, and I don't like breaking promises :(

ChronosDragon wrote:Edit: What-Used-To-Be-Pope-For-A-Newpage. I hereby (don't) declare that all (none) of us shall cease (continue) making hat demands (or not) of buffygirl!
Edit2: Never mind, got noob-bumped! Whew!

Uh ...... thank you? :shock:

Caswallon wrote:
buffygirl wrote:<snip/>I am feeling much better now. The hats will come when they come, if they come.
And now it's comatime.<snip/>

Relax, have some tea, focus on the Real world if you need to, we will be right here, waiting for it. Remember, that despite our predilections to the dramatic and silly, this is entirely for entertainment! :) We appreciate your efforts and think you are amazing!

Amazing, eh? Awesome!

KarMann wrote:
buffygirl wrote:So I reluctantly went on with my day trying to keep my panic at bay and Waiting for the couple of free hours I knew I had in afternoon to ketchup, which I used accordingly, then had to rush off again, stomach still wound up because I had only barely managed to catchup. Also, there were several very important outside things I had been neglecting that were about to explode and I couldn't decide on my priorities.
I did not feel right with myself until I had q) bestowed BlitzGirl's hat upon her, r) caught up, s) seen the post-fade TimeFrames and reassured myself that Time had not come to an end, t) paid quarterly taxes, u) fed the cats, v) pilled the cats, w) returned client phone calls, and x) a few other things I can't remember any more. Oh right, y) eaten.

I thought y) was covered by the ketchup?

Thbbbt.

CatHectic wrote:For the moment, I just want to echo the mob on this: buffygirl, don't worry! Wherever you go, whatever you do, we will be right here Waiting for you. And the hat queue is just another needle-pulled thing for you to unravel in borrowed time, at your discretion. ((Hugs or sea-salt caramel dark chocolate?))

Both please!!

azule wrote:
buffygirl wrote:I had a boatload of unfinished hats. I had no idea how much hat-pressure I had been putting on myself!
And so, lo and behold, when I was finally able to get to the computer, nearly all of the above had indeed taken place, and I was over 10 newpages behind. I nearly cancelled all appointments for the day, but realized that would just make my anxiety worse.
<snip/>
if I wake tomorrow and there's as much pressure as there was today, I think it might be ME that explodes.
I think I might need professional help

[for the joke]: Definitely a mad hatter now. *consoles*

and a double thhbbbt thbbbt to you!

Edit: Spoilered for length
Last edited by buffygirl on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:09 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:I think Lord Randall, in his infinite comic genius, is trying to provide us with a divine revelation, which -- alas-- our imperfect human brains cannot fully understand. The closest my meager efforts at full enlightenment can reach is...

Spoiler:

Given the newpic and looking back at np #10 or so... I'd say he's definitely fucking with us. :P

fatness

Postby fatness » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:09 pm UTC

xspeedballx wrote:This may be heresy. But hear me out. Why are we doing what we are told? Why are we waiting for it? Whether it is something unknown or time itself. Should we not fill our days with bigger things and let it come to us with hat in hand?

Ah, so jaded as such a young age. OTT is the bigger thing. OTC is just the seed. Embrace the worldwide community the OTC has spawned. Open your arms and mind.

aeglaeca

Postby aeglaeca » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:10 pm UTC

My guess is we get about a dozen newpix of looking like a loop, and then when everyone is about to lose hope, we get something startlingly new, like La Petite floating in on a raft (maybe that she was dragging at the end of the fade).

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:10 pm UTC

xspeedballx wrote:This may be heresy. But hear me out. Why are we doing what we are told? Why are we waiting for it? Whether it is something unknown or time itself. Should we not fill our days with bigger things and let it come to us with hat in hand? Let it explain itself? We are slowly watching a journey of two travelers unravel. Two travelers who at first spent time waiting, and then time creating, and now time exploring. Ultimately in one way or another Time is not moving forward for us. We are all still stuck 30+ days ago. Watching the same moment in time. New comics have appeared, real time has marched on, but we keep waiting for this one spot of time to be relevant. At the expense of what?

When Time ends.. we will find Time is marching on. We put ourselves in stasis waiting for the End of Time, or It. I say no more! These Lovecraftian devices of time of within a span of a moment must be broken away from before our sanity is ground away. I fear for our vision of the real world once our vision of Time has ended.

Where is Dracomax with that vat of chocolate? There seems to be an Outsider loose in here.
*readies catchpole in case chocolate does not come*
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SWO Crash

Postby SWO Crash » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:11 pm UTC

EraObserver wrote:gaaa! She lied down!!! STOP COPYING THE PAST!!! STOP TRYING TO LOOP!!!!

We aren't looping yet. This is the Second Iteration in the Great Loop of Time.
We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

Husband, Father, Sailor, Son.

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:12 pm UTC

EraObserver wrote:gaaa! She lied down!!! STOP COPYING THE PAST!!! STOP TRYING TO LOOP!!!!

How Many times a year do you do the exact same thing you did within the recent past? Like sitting down in the same position, relaxing the same way, eating food in the same manner, repeating the same tasks.

Looping behaviors is a common component of our lives, and the OTC is just mimicking this.... Or Really enjoying mocking both the loopists and non-loopists :D
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:13 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:UHOHONG

Edited to add newpix 10 from the Beginning:
Spoiler:

I'm still not a loopist but oh Randall I'm giggling so hard right now. :D

woods

Postby woods » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:14 pm UTC

xspeedballx wrote:This may be heresy. But hear me out. Why are we doing what we are told? Why are we waiting for it? Whether it is something unknown or time itself. Should we not fill our days with bigger things and let it come to us with hat in hand? Let it explain itself? We are slowly watching a journey of two travelers unravel. Two travelers who at first spent time waiting, and then time creating, and now time exploring. Ultimately in one way or another Time is not moving forward for us. We are all still stuck 30+ days ago. Watching the same moment in time. New comics have appeared, real time has marched on, but we keep waiting for this one spot of time to be relevant. At the expense of what?

You have a point. My job is at risk because of this comic. And I mean that in every real way possible. I simply cannot control my need to see what happens next. It will be the end of me.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:15 pm UTC

Ok, this is really simple to understand:

It's the same, but different, meaning that it has looped, even though it hasn't, and that Time will continue, or it won't, in exactly the same way as it had before, except that it will now be different, but in a different manner than if it had looped and ended up exactly the same, which it isn't, so it's going to stay the same as it was, but in a different way.

See?

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”