1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Wed May 01, 2013 7:57 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
buffygirl wrote:<snip>
WAIT!!! Where's cmyk? Further proof that Helper and cmyk are one and the same and cannot exist in the same place at the same time!
<snip>

:shock: You're right....!

*eyes Helper curiously, looking for a grill-hat*

Uggh, this old thing...
You know, frankly, I'm ashamed of that entire line of reasoning; why wouldn't cmyk and I be able to post at the same time? The idea that I'm incapable of running two browsers at the same time is nothing short of an insult to my intellect and my milk carton!
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 01, 2013 7:58 pm UTC

Helper wrote:
mathrec wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Helper wrote:I'm a milk carton. I'm not sure how to feel about this. I'll go with 'happy'.

Yeah. I can see where it might be a little awkward... Maybe a nice chapeau from the amazingly talented buffygirl would add just the right splash of color?

*girlysqueal* :D

Milk cartons are apparently very powerful, capable of summoning ZombiePopes. And StratPlayer is correct, you still need a hat!

Oh, I absolutely agree about the incredible power of your magical images!! And I absolutely luuurrrvee mine!

But yeah, it's the Hatlessness of Helper that screams out for attention...

But does the milk carton get the hat or does the image of the original avatar on the milk carton get the hat? I guess that's up to our Cardinal Milliner.

The milk carton. Although I'm not sure about the posiitioning...

And then that all depends on the type of hat.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

AK49BWL

Postby AK49BWL » Wed May 01, 2013 8:00 pm UTC

RIVERSONG...

Follower of the One True Comic

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Wed May 01, 2013 8:00 pm UTC

Ah... but are they receding?

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Wed May 01, 2013 8:01 pm UTC

mscha wrote:SURELOOKSLIKEARIVERONG...
Spoiler:

(Edit: no, not River Song.)

Eleventh Doctor spoiler, but nothing within the past couple of months:
Spoiler:
Could it be a Melody Pond, then?

buffygirl wrote:1 Pet peeve -- the use of i.e. where it should be e.g. and vice versa.2
2 Pet peeve -- spelling of speaking the term "vice versa" as "vise-a -versa".

buffygirl, I think I love you. :P
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Wed May 01, 2013 8:01 pm UTC

well that answers that

treadman

Postby treadman » Wed May 01, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

SWO Crash wrote:
treadman wrote:I have decided to simply live in the newpix. Whatever Loopist leanings I had in the past, I gave up after the The Great Loopist Tease of 997-1000.

I'm still an Iterative Loopist. What you call the Tease, I call the Second Iteration. In that one, they didn't build anything.
Think of the Iterations like layers in what the Outsiders call the Multi-Verse. Each one similar, with subtle differences. We might be at the Third Iteration - this one is by a river1, instead of by the sea2.

1 - Small
2 - Big

Ah. Iterative Loopist. I may be able to conform to that theory. It actually was a bit of a relief that newpix 1000 was not the last one. I think many Loopists don't want it to loop. They fear that it will loop.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Wed May 01, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

Helper wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
WAIT!!! Where's cmyk? Further proof that Helper and cmyk are one and the same and cannot exist in the same place at the same time!
<snip>

Uggh, this old thing...
You know, frankly, I'm ashamed of that entire line of reasoning; why wouldn't cmyk and I be able to post at the same time? The idea that I'm incapable of running two browsers at the same time is nothing short of an insult to my intellect and my milk carton!

No. That would say you know that you're both Helper and cmyk. But if you're really a psychotic dual-personality, you wouldn't know.

Do you wake up from your coma and find strange photoshopping artifacts on your PC???
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

123Adz321

Postby 123Adz321 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

Dear Time travellers, I bring a gift from the future: A userscript for Chrome (Tampermonkey) or Firefox (Greasemonkey)
This will convert outside time to the One True Time of Newpix
- Courtesy of Pikrass
Spoiler:

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Wed May 01, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

Isn't this Newpix 1024?

Maybe it's the end...
No, probably not.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Pikrass

Postby Pikrass » Wed May 01, 2013 8:03 pm UTC

A newcomer! Hooray for the Other River¹! Let's party!

¹ which is indeed small
Programmer and waiter devoted to Time.

Scripts for the One True Thread: heretic date to newpix converter; spoiler detector; multiquote; extra hide button for spoilers.
Code, links and instructions on Github.
Bundle (Firefox only)

Wnderer

Postby Wnderer » Wed May 01, 2013 8:03 pm UTC

Helper wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
<snip>

Uggh, this old thing...

You assume you know you are cmyk. You are suffering from multiple personalities. Haven't you noticed someone moves your stuff and spends your money?

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Wed May 01, 2013 8:03 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:Ah... but are they receding?

No, the first river was receding, the contention was whether there were additional rivers overburdened with water dumping into the sea and filling it up. Turns out there are.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 01, 2013 8:04 pm UTC

Megan wrote:There are Other Rivers.

But is something wrong with them?

(I just re-read the Litany.)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic

Postby Helper » Wed May 01, 2013 8:05 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Helper wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
<snip>

Uggh, this old thing...

No. That would say you know that you're both Helper and cmyk. But if you're really a psychotic dual-personality, you wouldn't know.

Do you wake up from your coma and find strange photoshopping artifacts on your PC???

:shock: My Randall...
all the of the GIMP dialog windows with no GIMP running...
It all makes sense now.
I think I'm going to faint. Or be sick. Why not both?
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Wed May 01, 2013 8:05 pm UTC

treadman wrote:
SWO Crash wrote:
treadman wrote:I have decided to simply live in the newpix. Whatever Loopist leanings I had in the past, I gave up after the The Great Loopist Tease of 997-1000.

I'm still an Iterative Loopist. What you call the Tease, I call the Second Iteration. In that one, they didn't build anything.
Think of the Iterations like layers in what the Outsiders call the Multi-Verse. Each one similar, with subtle differences. We might be at the Third Iteration - this one is by a river1, instead of by the sea2.

1 - Small
2 - Big

Ah. Iterative Loopist. I may be able to conform to that theory. It actually was a bit of a relief that newpix 1000 was not the last one. I think many Loopists don't want it to loop. They fear that it will loop.

Possibly no more than the Endists fear that it will end... But at least the Endists would have the big "Ta-Dahhhh!" payout final frame.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Wed May 01, 2013 8:06 pm UTC

Wnderer wrote:
Helper wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
<snip>

Uggh, this old thing...

You assume you know you are cmyk. You are suffering from multiple personalities. Haven't you noticed someone moves your stuff and spends your money?

OMR I have the same problem, and here I thought it was my wife doing that...
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Wed May 01, 2013 8:06 pm UTC

Helper wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:
Helper wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
<snip>

Uggh, this old thing...

:shock: My Randall...
all the of the GIMP dialog windows with no GIMP running...
It all makes sense now.
I think I'm going to faint. Or be sick. Why not both?

Nope, can't be. If he were also cmyk, it would've been PhotoShop instead of the GIMP.

Edit: spoilered for compactness
Last edited by KarMann on Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

pdg

Postby pdg » Wed May 01, 2013 8:06 pm UTC

Pikrass wrote:
Valarya wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
"Yes"
"Yes what?"

I'll be the one to state the maybe obvious here: "Yes," the River1 is actually emptying in to the Sea2. *ducks for cover*

1small
2BIG

Hum, I'd think the obvious is "Yes, there are other rivers".

Thou art a prophet! :o
We can't go back.
We don't understand everything yet.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 pm UTC

Clearly I wasn't thinking straight and was one-upped.

Request: Since buffygirl was making hat avatars, I think Blitzgirl should now make honorary Boom De Yada avatars for the OTT. :P
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Wed May 01, 2013 8:10 pm UTC

Time has taken over my life when not much is happening. Lovely.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 01, 2013 8:15 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:Clearly I wasn't thinking straight and was one-upped.

Request: Since buffygirl was making hat avatars, I think Blitzgirl should now make honorary Boom De Yada avatars for the OTT. :P

I think of all request that need to be filled, Mr Transistor needs a top hat!!! (aka Febrion)
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Wed May 01, 2013 8:16 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:Nope, can't be. If he were also cmyk, it would've been PhotoShop instead of the GIMP.

Mhm. You know, he could be on a - horribile dictu - dual boot box...
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

timlash

Postby timlash » Wed May 01, 2013 8:18 pm UTC

This may be somewhat heretical, but, since the gift of the OTC, I find myself far less interested in the Lord's regular MWF offerings. Please don't stone me.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Wed May 01, 2013 8:19 pm UTC

timlash wrote:This may be somewhat heretical, but, since the gift of the OTC, I find myself far less interested in the Lord's regular MWF offerings. Please don't stone me.

I don't have any stones, and I actually think that way too. Are we the majority or the minority? Time to find out...
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Wed May 01, 2013 8:19 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:
KarMann wrote:Nope, can't be. If he were also cmyk, it would've been PhotoShop instead of the GIMP.

Mhm. You know, he could be on a - horribile dictu - dual boot box...

Nothing to do with the OS; after all, the GIMP runs on MS Windows, too. Just that if cmyk had been editing while helper thought he was asleep, based on all past evidence, it would have been PhotoShop* that he'd have been running and left open.

* I always forget if that one's properly UpperCamelCased or not; sorry if I got it wrong.

Added:
timlash wrote:This may be somewhat heretical, but, since the gift of the OTC, I find myself far less interested in the Lord's regular MWF offerings. Please don't stone me.

Let's ask Bob Dylan what he has to say on the matter.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 01, 2013 8:20 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:

I don't have any stones, and I actually think that way too. Are we the majority or the minority? Time to find out...

There is a reason Time is known as the One True Comic, and the rest merely Other Comics. :wink:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:21 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:Whew! Just Blitzed through 13 newpages. When on earth am I going to find time to make more hats?

Wall Posts:
HAL9000 wrote:I came back on the same page as Helper! Cool! What a coincidence! We aren't conjoined twins or anything...
no really guys we aren't

I'd been wondering about that as well. I think we now have all the proof we need that they are the same person.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

pdg

Postby pdg » Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:

I wouldn't say I'm less interested, but I do regard them as fleeting moments dwarfed by the massiveness of Time.
We can't go back.
We don't understand everything yet.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:29 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:Color me impressed. Just discovered that "Time" got noticed by the mainstream press, and in The Economist of all places. An article (well, a blog post, but still cool) from April 19th, 2013 O.E.Σ

Σ. Outsider Era.

This is pretty cool. We're famous, sorta!

mojacardave wrote:Well - looks like the mustard is gone, and retroactively repaired in the previous frames too.

Sloppy work Randall... :wink:

Unless he did that just to fuck with us.He wanted to see if anyone would catch it. 'Spossible.

SWO Crash wrote:Communism was just a red herring.

Can you use it to chop down the tallest tree in the forest? Maybe if it's a red herring, it has to be a redwood tree.

jetpac wrote:So... have we reached the point where the characters we're watching know just as little as we do?

Hasn't that been pretty much the whole OTC?

Hey, I just want to say thank you to mscha, kieryn, KarMann, Latent22 and all of the other smart and talented people who make graphics, twerk data, and do all that other cool stuff that I have neither the time nor (more importantly) the know-how to do. I guess I should include cmyk in this list. Or maybe helper?...

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Wed May 01, 2013 8:36 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
<snip>

jetpac wrote:So... have we reached the point where the characters we're watching know just as little as we do?

Hasn't that been pretty much the whole OTC?

<snip>

True, Cueball doesn't know how anything works

mittfh

Postby mittfh » Wed May 01, 2013 8:37 pm UTC

I've just been following "Journey" on Aubronwood and thought of a few more walking-related tracks for the playlist:
[EDIT] I've been enjoying myself too much - there are 16 here! :D

These Boots Are Made For Walking (originally by Nancy Sinatra)
The Happy Wanderer (originally by Obernkirchen Children's Choir)
Walk Like An Egyptian (The Bangles)
Walking On Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves)
(I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles (The Proclaimers) <--- especially if we have a shout-out to "Click and Drag" at some point :)
Walk Of Life (Dire Straits)

Doing a 'net search revealed these additional ones:

Walk The Line (Johnny Cash)
Walk This Way (Aerosmith) - already on the list!
I'm Walking (Fats Domino)
Walking To New Orleans (Fats Domino)

Since M&C are presumably enjoying themselves: Don't Stop Me Now (Queen)

We don't have many river-related songs yet, so let's add:

The River (Bruce Springsteen)
At The River (Groove Armada)
--> Which samples Cape Cod (Patti Page)

Oh, and of course, they're both...

Busy Doing Nothing (Bing Crosby, William Bendix, and Cedric Hardwicke - from the soundtrack to A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court)
--> "I have to watch the river, to see that it doesn't stop." :D

And while searching YouTube for that, I discovered two other songs with the same title:

Busy Doin' Nothin' (Beach Boys) <-- pretty much their entire repertoire (with a few exceptions) would count... muhahahaha :D
Busy (Doing Nothing) (Olly Murs) <-- found while searching the others on YouTube, a slightly creepy video with the papier mache mannequin...
Last edited by mittfh on Wed May 01, 2013 8:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed May 01, 2013 8:38 pm UTC

Thought of another appropriate (and highly epic) song, at least for the loopists... Wheel of Time by Blind Guardian. Obviously based on the Robert Jordan books, but somewhat fitting here too!

Lyrical selections (it's a long song, not bothering with it all...)
Spoiler:
Now there is no end
The wheel will turn, my friend!

There's no end
Wheel of time
It keeps on spinning
There's no beginning
Turn the wheel of time
There's no beginning
Just keep on spinning

Wheel of time!
Save my soul, find a way
And if I fail, will it all be over?
Oh wheel of time!

Wheel of time!
Save my soul
Find a way
May it be as the pattern has chosen
Oh, wheel of time!
Turn the wheel of time
It keeps on spinning
There's no beginning
There's no end, wheel of time
There's no beginning
Just keep on spinning

Shine on
Embrace and deny me
Turn on, wheel of time
Shine on
You've burnt me, now guide me
Weave on, wheel of time!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Wed May 01, 2013 8:39 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:
Angelastic wrote:BlitzGirl:

I love the comic, and I love that it has me.
I love the bigness of the semencoffeesea.
I never knew just what the tune was meant to be.
I love the things, you make me squee

The Temporal Strikes Bag

Is there a new plain text file of the thread I could mine for haiku? Or a way to get it from the API?

Great way to write poetry, just change the end of each line to make it rhyme. Lemme try it with the text in your avatar

We could sharks
Budget parks
Two quarks

Works great.

But… quarks doesn't rhyme with parks and sharks. :?

Also, I am not sure whether your comment on poetry is a criticism of my method of detecting haiku (in which case it's entirely valid, and maybe next I'll write a program that searches for things with certain rhythms or rhymes, just for fun. I mean what if someone has unintentionally written something that could be sung to the tune of 'Never Gonna Give You Up' and they even don't realise it? I originally made the Haiku Detector because a friend saw Times Haiku and wanted to see if there were any haiku in her thesis, but Time Haiku seemed an appropriate thing to look for to test it) or an implication that my little poem (to the tune of I Love The Things That People Make) about BlitzGirl's comic has no rhythm or reason (in which case I'd be sad.)

Anyway, that needs an update to go with my new avatar:
I love you
weird haiku

Or, I guess:

I love yaks,
weird backpacks,
snacks.

Both are actually pretty much true, as it turns out.

jjjdavidson wrote:But on the way to work I thought about the xkcd-Regular.otf font that I installed after "Externalities," that I was going to use for "mustard," and suddenly realized how I was reading the file extension to myself. I'll spoiler it so you can see for yourself if you've been spending too much time here. How do you read xkcd-Regular.otf?
Spoiler:
"xkcd-Regular, the One True Font."

I thought of that too when someone linked to the font a few dozen timeframes ago. :)

XonqNopp wrote:
Zorin_75 wrote:almost 500 yards :)

How much is this?
(I know I can Google it, but I prefer make the people use SI units.)

I think it's less than a blue whale (which is much less than a Belgium) but more than an African elephant.

Does the whole of Time have more pixels than Click and Drag yet?

Should we update the Holy acronym?

jetpac wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
TheMinim wrote:There will be a pot of gold at the end of this Time-rainbow. Unfortunately, it will all be in black and white, so we'll theorise that it's banana fudge souffle or something.

Only if the words "banana," "fudge," and "souffle," are each individual euphemisms for other things...

The first two are fairly obvious (at least to my apparently-10-year-old brain), but I'm somewhat unsure what "souffle" could be a euphemism for.

Soufflé is French for 'blown'.

Here are the mostly-unintentional haiku from when I last posted them to when sciscitor made a new One True Text file:

Spoiler:
Well, I can still have
hope, can't I?? --I think I can
have a sig now, too!

Then I remembered
a certain link from several
NewPages ago...

Dude/tte, you want a
BuffyGirl hat, you ask for
a BuffyGirl hat.

'We can't see you, so
we don't know if you're starting
to sink to the right.

An animated
Gif/png file like has
been made many times.

Edit: typo, and
corrected the haiku (5-
8-5 does not work...)

It also seems like
we had a near-miss with a
flamewar :o <-- the smiley is pronounced 'colon o'

(In fact, I haven't
even heard of some of the
movies in your list.

I feel like this would
be the only logical
way to make it loop.

When I flip back and
forth on the Book of Aubron
it's very different.

That would be cooler
than all the gold mine in the
world put together!

I guess I'll just step
out for some bacon now... slurp
mmmmn. <--- em em em em en.

I didn't even
have the book of Aubron up
post-coma today.

(Are we sure thats the
browsers' rendering and not
The Time Lords doing?

And I don't think it
will be the end; there are still
unanswered questions.

Just analysed the
current image and found no
evidence of this.

But -- as always -- it
does at least prompt another
musical reference:

Pretty soon people
are going to start selling
butter left and right.

That gives it many
advantages to FF,
Chrome, etc.

Pretty sure up to
this point it's been black, white, and
antialiasing.

Probably should not
have since we are looking at
greyscale anyway.

"sea" level rise is
accelerating a lot
in the last 10 frames!!!

C'mon -- if you want to
be a GrammarNazi, you
can't do it half-way...

I'm also quite fond
of azule's Firefox, while
we're on the subject.

The dialogue tells
us what we should be seeing
but aren't allowed.

First time I saw it,
it was said by an evil
duck (Gary Larson).

2 I'm not a fan
of the term 'episode' for
this Time division.

It's not like English
speakers can't combine the 'H'
sound with the 'Y' sound.

Should I be taking
better medication to
stop the episodes?

Edit: Also part
of the castle is falling
down into water.

It is coming from
an object in the Childlike
Beret-Wearer's hand.

So buffygirl, I
don't need a hat unless you
have a better one...

Now I wonder if
anyone will have died by
the time the "end" comes.

EDIT: I was pushed
to be Pope, hopefully not
one of the last ones.

I didn't pull the
image file until about
3 min after. <--it actually pronounces 'min' as 'minutes'! Clever girl.

Holy crap I broke
my record again, only
6 seconds this time

My apologies
specifically to KarMann,
who deserves better.

You are right, I did
parse the text only, now with
full HTML:

At least I hope I'm
seeing that right, otherwise
I'll feel terrible...

Did I mention I
hit college before the first
Bowmar Brain came out?

Edit: also, no
mention yet of the greyness
of the last newpic.

Speaking of something
happening next, coming up
on another ong.

The sea will fall, the
sun will rise and two people
will lie by the sea....

This will make it a
lot easier to read when
people use small text .

If my past is on
a server somewhere I don't
have access to it.

Could all of Time have
been a prologue to something
greater than itself?

I do hope I'm not
on a plane when it happens...
that would be the worst.

Still, probably not
as uncomfortable as a
plane being on you.

Every year there would
be a competition to
choose the next Randall.

Well, the only one
I found in my travels was
thyme, hope that will do!

Now you can sit here
with us while we watch the end
of time together...

I have to admit:
I'm an old fart when it comes
to the Internet.

Sorry to pretty
much parrot everyone else...
but Oh My Randall !

- The image starts to
zoom out again, just a bit,
to annoy us more

Maybe when I look
again, Time will have started
darkening again.

All of us under
IT's spell you know that IT is
probably magic

And to everyone
else on this thread, this has been
the best adventure.

How long will this thread
keep going if all we see
is white from now on?

Perhaps we are meant
to realize that It has
been here all along.

So, I'll probably
be still waiting for “it” in
a decade as well.

Excuse my French.
Weird.

Edited with observations on pronunciation of haiku.
Last edited by Angelastic on Wed May 01, 2013 8:49 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

descor

Postby descor » Wed May 01, 2013 8:41 pm UTC

I hate having to BlitzRead after a coma and work day - there is so much I want to comment on but I do it on my phone and wall posts are stupidly hard to do on this thing.

I guess I'll have to settle for saying:
Welcome back Hal and Helper.
Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

SWO Crash

Postby SWO Crash » Wed May 01, 2013 8:42 pm UTC

treadman wrote:Ah. Iterative Loopist. I may be able to conform to that theory. It actually was a bit of a relief that newpix 1000 was not the last one. I think many Loopists don't want it to loop. They fear that it will loop.

I don't fear, so much as I am curious as to the different Iterations. I want to see all the glorious Differences, and contemplate what they could mean in the great WheelLoop of Time.

StratPlayer wrote:Possibly no more than the Endists fear that it will end... But at least the Endists would have the big "Ta-Dahhhh!" payout final frame.

And we (the Loopists and Iterative Loopists) will be able to re-live the passage of Time over and over again, searching for more meaning in each successive Loop.
We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

Husband, Father, Sailor, Son.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Wed May 01, 2013 8:42 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:
Exodies wrote:
Angelastic wrote:BlitzGirl:

I love the comic, and I love that it has me.
I love the bigness of the semencoffeesea.
I never knew just what the tune was meant to be.
I love the things, you make me squee

The Temporal Strikes Bag

Is there a new plain text file of the thread I could mine for haiku? Or a way to get it from the API?

Great way to write poetry, just change the end of each line to make it rhyme. Lemme try it with the text in your avatar

We could sharks
Budget parks
Two quarks

Works great.

But… quarks doesn't rhyme with parks and sharks. :?

Does in my head... Hmm...

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm UTC

descor wrote:I hate having to BlitzRead after a coma and work day - there is so much I want to comment on but I do it on my phone and wall posts are stupidly hard to do on this thing.

Oh sure, everyone forgets to welcome me back :cry:

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Wed May 01, 2013 8:44 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
descor wrote:I hate having to BlitzRead after a coma and work day - there is so much I want to comment on but I do it on my phone and wall posts are stupidly hard to do on this thing.

Oh sure, everyone forgets to welcome me back :cry:

Welcome back! :D

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:45 pm UTC

pdg wrote:
TheMinim wrote:

I wouldn't say I'm less interested, but I do regard them as fleeting moments dwarfed by the massiveness of Time.

That's a great description for how I feel about it as well.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”