1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Thu May 02, 2013 2:04 am UTC

How do you pronounce 'Aphex', anyway?
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

Actaeus

Postby Actaeus » Thu May 02, 2013 2:05 am UTC

SLIPPONG SLIPPONG SLIPPONG (into the fuuuutuuure)

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 02, 2013 2:06 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Opiboble wrote:After reading your sig I think we should create a group blog (for all present) all about our chronicling our adventures in seeking the meaning of OTC

Oh! Hadn't noticed that blog before

BlitzGirl's in Tacoma?? That's practically a few minutes away! Well, if you own a private jet, anyway. Which I don't. Still, it's quite cheering to know I live in the same state as such a relentless follower of Time :D

Yes, though I hope to be moving closer to Seattle in a month or two :P

Doesn't the OTT kind of fulfill the function of a group blog? Though it is a fun idea, Opiboble!

I had similarly thought that we could add a forum to the wiki ... the recursive possibilities are endless!

From NewPage 370:

StratPlayer wrote:Hey, maybe we should set up a forum somewhere to have a place to discuss the Book of Time summary in the Wiki of the Comic which summaries the discussion within this forum where we summarize our thoughts about the comic. Whadd'ya think?

Ah, sweet Time -- everything old is new again...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Thu May 02, 2013 2:07 am UTC

Actaeus wrote:SLIPPONG SLIPPONG SLIPPONG (into the fuuuutuuure)
Spoiler:
I hope that wasn't the steam bottle he dropped, because it looks like the river's gonna take it.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:08 am UTC

Helper wrote:
buffygirl wrote:I had similarly thought that we could add a forum to the wiki ... the recursive possibilities are endless!

And then, when there's enough activity on that forum, somebody could draw a comic about it!

The wiki came with a forum by default. Not much in it though yet. http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Forum
Edit: Ninja'd by patzer
Last edited by Latent22 on Thu May 02, 2013 2:10 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 02, 2013 2:09 am UTC

Helper wrote:How do you pronounce 'Aphex', anyway?

Ask your Twin*

*cmyk...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu May 02, 2013 2:10 am UTC

StratPlayer wrote:From NewPage 370:

StratPlayer wrote:Hey, maybe we should set up a forum somewhere to have a place to discuss the Book of Time summary in the Wiki of the Comic which summaries the discussion within this forum where we summarize our thoughts about the comic. Whadd'ya think?

Ah, sweet Time -- everything old is new again...

If the comic won't satisfy the loopists, the thread certainly will!1

1Disclaimer: Yeah, I know this was said before too.2
2And this!2

Helper

Postby Helper » Thu May 02, 2013 2:12 am UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Helper wrote:How do you pronounce 'Aphex', anyway?

Ask your Twin*

*cmyk...

But I can't, remember? We can't communicate with each other. Ever since the incident...
Spoiler:
Okay, what the fuck am I on about? Even I can't tell any more...
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

just brew it!

Postby just brew it! » Thu May 02, 2013 2:16 am UTC

How much TIME do you figure has collectively been spent, worldwide, on all things related to the OTC?

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 02, 2013 2:19 am UTC

just brew it! wrote:How much TIME do you figure has collectively been spent, worldwide, on all things related to the OTC?

Well, just as a first-level swag, I'd say maybe, just about...

Spoiler:
...all of it.

juliancolton

Postby juliancolton » Thu May 02, 2013 2:21 am UTC

Now his water vessel is getting washed away, so they'll have to share one. Hopefully the rivers are bigger than they anticipated so they can refill their water supplies twice as fast on their journey.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Thu May 02, 2013 2:24 am UTC

Wait, Pope Helper and HAL are back on the last 20 32 NewPages?
Hold on, I'm gonna grab some plutonium.

EDIT/464#3342732: BlitzGirl: awesome #442!
Last edited by AluisioASG on Thu May 02, 2013 2:43 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Thu May 02, 2013 2:29 am UTC

471/494. Bags, bags errywhere!

More replies:
Spoiler:
jetpac wrote:Hmm is the 466th page a good place to finally de-lurk? I think it is. I read the first 50 pages, and then gave up any hope of having the resolve to be a true follower of Time. I've been reading random pages here and there, though, and checking in on the wiki and the... what have you been calling it, the Book of Aubron? That. Anyways hi!

Your first post wasn't lost. :) There are still a few of us trawling through the Past, finding what we may... and I found your post! *tosses forward to the future*

Welcome to Time. :mrgreen:

xspeedballx wrote:This may be heresy. But hear me out. Why are we doing what we are told? Why are we waiting for it? Whether it is something unknown or time itself. Should we not fill our days with bigger things and let it come to us with hat in hand? Let it explain itself?

That is not how it works, young Padawan. Time is the master. We must go to It.

xspeedballx wrote:We are slowly watching a journey of two travelers unravel. Two travelers who at first spent time waiting, and then time creating, and now time exploring. Ultimately in one way or another Time is not moving forward for us. We are all still stuck 30+ days ago. Watching the same moment in time. New comics have appeared, real time has marched on, but we keep waiting for this one spot of time to be relevant. At the expense of what?

There is no expense. For as much Time as we have spent, we have grown in proportion. All in balance.

xspeedballx wrote:When Time ends.. we will find Time is marching on. We put ourselves in stasis waiting for the End of Time, or It. I say no more! These Lovecraftian devices of time of within a span of a moment must be broken away from before our sanity is ground away. I fear for our vision of the real world once our vision of Time has ended.

What is this sanity you speak of? Relax. Watch Time unfold. Be content.

BlitzGirl wrote:Where is Dracomax with that vat of chocolate? There seems to be an Outsider loose in here.
*readies catchpole in case chocolate does not come*

*sigh* Or we could do that. And he can watch the OTC once the chocolate hardens.

StratPlayer wrote:Ok, this is really simple to understand:

It's the same, but different, meaning that it has looped, even though it hasn't, and that Time will continue, or it won't, in exactly the same way as it had before, except that it will now be different, but in a different manner than if it had looped and ended up exactly the same, which it isn't, so it's going to stay the same as it was, but in a different way.

See?

Yep, it's perfectly clear to me. (Forsrs.) It's a near-loop - close enough that it almost continues the same way it did before, but slightly different. Just different enough to be... well, different.

Goggalor wrote:I know Randall doesn't view the forums, but he has to be aware of the discussions that go on in the thread. It appears that he has already mocked the doomsayers and now he's mocking the loopists. What I'm trying to say is... THERE'S A MOLE AMONG US.

There are many of them. They are known as mods.

jetpac wrote:I'm somewhat new to the thread so maybe somebody's already said it, but I'd like to point something out: has anybody noticed the bit of Javascript?

Just kidding

:lol:

BlitzGirl wrote:
jetpac wrote:I'm somewhat new to the thread so maybe somebody's already said it, but I'd like to point something out: has anybody noticed the bit of Javascript?

Just kidding

Is it bad that I cracked up laughing at this?

I did too. Along with several others, apparently.

jetpac wrote:Is it weird that I would watch most, if not all, of these movies? Most of them don't even make sense, but for some reason, I'm violently hurling my wallet at my computer monitor. No results yet, but I'll make sure to keep you all apprised as events warrant.

10/10 would join you watching all of these. Most I've never even seen the originals of, but I recognize the titles enough to get the humor. You people are made of win.

descor wrote:Bag Trek Into Darkness ~*~bAg TrEk InTo DaRkNeSs~*~

FTFY!

BlitzGirl wrote:Hmm. I'm not sure if the flood of seaquel titles is good or bad for our pastpilgrims.
Good, because they will be quick to read.
Bad, because we just added three more newpages in less than an hour.

Bad for morale, but thankfully someone (don't recall who, sorry) sig-warned me so I was heartened by the prospect of easy reading. And sure enough it is.
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

Davidy

Postby Davidy » Thu May 02, 2013 2:32 am UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Someguy945 wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Spoiler:
PLAINSONG

I think the OTC just jumped the shark. There is no way Cueball would do something this stupid. There is no way Megan would let Cueball do something this stupid. My suspension of disbelief has been shattered.

Pffft, this comic has jumped the shark, stifled the spark, mutated the quark, de-feathered the lark, paved over the park, silenced the snark, and ignored the hark, and it's done that since Newframe #1...

And yet we STILL Wait For It...

Where's the REAL joke in this comic ? ? ? :D :wink:

The real joke is in the time and attention being devoted to analyzing and speculating on it.
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

htom

Postby htom » Thu May 02, 2013 2:33 am UTC

just brew it! wrote:How much TIME do you figure has collectively been spent, worldwide, on all things related to the OTC?

Almost too much, for me; the Outside is making demands that I'm going to have to attend to, and I'll slip behind again.

A "man-year" is 2000 hours, so maybe a man-century or man-millennium. Probably not as much as Microsoft Bob/Agent/Clippy did, because of the much smaller, self-selecting audience.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:34 am UTC

Davidy wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Someguy945 wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Spoiler:
PLAINSONG

I think the OTC just jumped the shark. There is no way Cueball would do something this stupid. There is no way Megan would let Cueball do something this stupid. My suspension of disbelief has been shattered.

Pffft, this comic has jumped the shark, stifled the spark, mutated the quark, de-feathered the lark, paved over the park, silenced the snark, and ignored the hark, and it's done that since Newframe #1...

The real joke is in the time and attention being devoted to analyzing and speculating on it.

Hey, we gotta do something while our code compiles.
Spoiler:
In all seriousness, I don't think you realize that pretty much all of us have stopped ignoring important Outside tasks in favor of following this thread. We catch up and throw in a few posts in our spare time.

EDIT for spelling.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu May 02, 2013 2:40 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Davidy wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Someguy945 wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Spoiler:
PLAINSONG

Hey, we gotta do something while our code compiles.
Spoiler:
In all seriousness, I don't think you realize that pretty much all of us have stopped ignoring important Outside tasks in favor of following this thread. We catch up and throw in a few posts in our spare time.

EDIT for spelling.

Yeah, I stopped peeing weeks ago.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 02, 2013 2:40 am UTC

Davidy wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Someguy945 wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Spoiler:
PLAINSONG

Yeah, I agree -- that's part of it.

But see, here in the OTT, we are the subject of the joke, the source of the joke, the co-creators of the joke, the audience for the joke, and are responsible for the delivery of the joke.

We're about it, in it, and in on it, so it's all good.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu May 02, 2013 2:41 am UTC

OK new forum data is up. The recent surge due to the final arrival of BlitzGirl and the drama of the Fading is clearly apparent and seems to have peaked.
That's about all I can do for now. Have some cool ideas about what to do next, but looks like I won't be free to do them for around 80 newpix :-(

Keep waiting, fellow time watchers.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Thu May 02, 2013 2:42 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:471/494. Bags, bags errywhere!

More replies:
Spoiler:
jetpac wrote:Hmm is the 466th page a good place to finally de-lurk? I think it is. I read the first 50 pages, and then gave up any hope of having the resolve to be a true follower of Time. I've been reading random pages here and there, though, and checking in on the wiki and the... what have you been calling it, the Book of Aubron? That. Anyways hi!

Your first post wasn't lost. :) There are still a few of us trawling through the Past, finding what we may... and I found your post! *tosses forward to the future*

Welcome to Time. :mrgreen:

Just kidding

:lol:

BlitzGirl wrote:

Just kidding

Is it bad that I cracked up laughing at this?

I did too. Along with several others, apparently.

jetpac wrote:Is it weird that I would watch most, if not all, of these movies? Most of them don't even make sense, but for some reason, I'm violently hurling my wallet at my computer monitor. No results yet, but I'll make sure to keep you all apprised as events warrant.

10/10 would join you watching all of these. Most I've never even seen the originals of, but I recognize the titles enough to get the humor. You people are made of win.

Quoted thrice in one signpost? An embarrassment of riches!

Edit: I feel I should comment in some way that the inside of that spoiler is heavily snipped, in a manner that some may call narcicisstic. Or, if they knew how to spell, narcissistic.
Last edited by jetpac on Thu May 02, 2013 2:44 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:43 am UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Davidy wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Someguy945 wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Spoiler:
PLAINSONG

But see, here in the OTT, we are the subject of the joke, the source of the joke, the co-creators of the joke, the audience for the joke, and are responsible for the delivery of the joke.

A joke of the people, by the people, for the people, that (hopefully) shall not perish from the forum.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu May 02, 2013 2:46 am UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Davidy wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Someguy945 wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Spoiler:
PLAINSONG

So we are the writer, butt, punch line of, as well as being on the inside and outside, of the inside joke, which we call OTC.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Thu May 02, 2013 2:52 am UTC

473/494. A few more bag jokes here, together with much discussion about how M&C could have walked left from the castles Kingdoi but be seen going right here. No real consensus yet but some very good ideas.

Yeah, another mini-novel:
Spoiler:
jovialbard wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Hmm...what other big (not bag) theories do we have left that Randall might use against us in the Future?

I don't think he's taunted the believers that the comic is mirroring and commenting on the thread nearly enough.

+1. Next Lord Randall must do the opposite of whatever we say in the thread. Except when he doesn't. Nobody will expect that!

BlitzGirl wrote:
jovialbard wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Hmm...what other big (not bag) theories do we have left that Randall might use against us in the Future?

I don't think he's taunted the believers that the comic is mirroring and commenting on the thread nearly enough.

Well, the next obvious step would be to have them start talking about the bags. A lot.

Although, I wonder...
Has Randall read it all?

Given that he's continued to produce comics every M/W/F, and that he's apparently been changing images up to a few m before their release, I will say he has not.

BlitzGirl wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:Dang, that's dark. What happened to the childlike innocence and wonder early on in OTC? You know, when people were saying this was a metaphor for Randall/his gf/his baby/the world having cancer/having a miscarriage/dying?
<snip>

Don't worry. Hopefully the Party Pages and the Bagocalpyse will reassure you that the Thread is definitely regressing in maturity level.

That has been successfully done. XD

Selcouth wrote:*exhales*

Oooookay! Greetings. I've wanted to make an account since the beginning of (t)(T)ime, but I made myself hold back until I'd finished reading this thread completely and when work got a little less hectic. Which is now! I was keeping up when the Madness dissipated, but then I got hit with a new project at work and then bam, 100+ more pages when I next sat down to read this.

...Time is awesome. And I just sang BlitzGirl's song to myself and it got stuck in my head while I was working out. Also awesome.

Another full thread-reader! Welcome! *throws firstpost forward in time*

jovialbard wrote:Despite that the papacy has been disbanded several times I will offer a gift for posting on this page, also I am posting on this page as an excuse to offer a gift, so it works out quite nicely:

Time is a changing thing
and it has a marvelous thread
bound by its hover text
i fell into a thread of time

i fell into a growing thread of time
i read on on on
and the pages went higher
<snip for brevity>

I spy a Ring of Fire! Well written, and I love that somebody actually knows that song. The variety of interests, backgrounds, and talents in here makes me wonder if we could truly start our own nation... I rather think we're beyond "community" here.

FullOfIt wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Ready to see what I spent my morning doing? Here you go! It's a Present Present from me to you!

awesome image removed since I'm not allowed to post links yet

This was awesome enough to finally make me unlurk and register to this forum. Having followed this thread almost from the beginning (rather spotty and skimmish-ly at first but in read-all-mode for the last couple of hundred pages) every frame made me smile. I have been on the brink of registering a couple of times now, specially when the big whiteout was under way, but most times I was a couple of... uh, pages... behind in my reading so it felt out of place. Now, however, it's time.

So, hi. There's really nothing I can say that hasn't been said by other recent unlurkers, but I really feel that I know you guys after having been riding along, invisibly, in your back seat for so long now. Also, the friendliness and lack of drama and animosity here is refreshing. Not that I'm active on any other forum on the net - I'm really a quiet kind of guy - but my girlfriend often tells about the insane dramas of her various foras and I never could stand it. So it's nice.

Another reason for my hesitation about joining is a general feeling of unworthyness. Whenever I visit the forum to read the comments on the latest comics I'm awed and slightly intimidated by the wit and linguistic elegance of the posters, and I feel that I'll never bee able to match that - since English is not my first language (other than purely alphabetically, before Swedish). But I'm ready to give it a try.

Okay, that got long winded. Time to wind down and await moderator approval on this my first breath of registered forum air.

*tosses firstpost forward* Welcome. :D Don't mind the longwindedness... I'm much, much worse. *glances back with slight dismay at the 5th? 6th? 7th? mini-novel I've written on this journey*

edfel wrote:After a thousand newpix of lurking I finally get out of bagginghiding to participate in this quest of understanding what's going on on this beach, or at least of sharing the non-understanding of what's going on...
M&C are off to see the world1, and I'm pretty sure they won't feel their quest is complete before seeing at least one mountain and one tree (what better approach, to find a mountain, than to follow the shore until one finds a river, then to follow the river upstream, making sandcastles along the way?).

My prediction (just to have an epsilon% chance of saying "I told ya!") is that they'll keep on traveling for the next 5700 or so newpix, crossing various landscape and meeting lots of people, until they settle in a snowcastle, dinning with Santa Claus2,3,4.

1 which is presumably as bagbig as the sea2
2 which is big
3 but not as much as the sea2
4 which, also, brings me to the present for Blitzgirl: a santa hat, of course!

*tosses another firstpost forward* You know, none of you first-posters sound like it. You're just as wonderfully insane (and well-versed in the background of the OTT) as the rest of us. Y u no stay then?? D:
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

Davidy

Postby Davidy » Thu May 02, 2013 2:54 am UTC

XonqNopp wrote:So I guess now the topic will be "What is the steam bottle and what would they make with it?"

I conjecture that a steam bottle is a bottle for making...wait for it...steam. The ways of the Creator of Time are mysterious, indeed.

Not exactly steam related but they do have the materials on hand for this:

http://www.wilderness-survival-skills.c ... vival.html

Or at least they did until Cueball lost his bottle.
Last edited by Davidy on Thu May 02, 2013 2:58 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu May 02, 2013 2:56 am UTC

For Eliram
Attachments
Eliram-hat.jpg
Eliram-hat.jpg (5.25 KiB) Viewed 15322 times

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Thu May 02, 2013 2:57 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Latent22 wrote:
boozledorf wrote:Is that... The Boomerang?
(I asked my girlfriend with no real knowledge of the comic what she thought he was holding, and she said "a dildo, a gun, or a boomerang".

You know it could be all three... That would be a real multipurpose device!

A dilgunnerang!

We need to invent this, and sell it!

A boomerang gun, that fires dildos! We will make millions!!!

Edit: or a dildo gun, that fires boomerangs!

I might still have been ninjaed, but no one had posted the obvious* before the end of that page, so I'm putting this out there:
What if?: Short Answer Section II:
Chad Macziewski wrote:What if you strapped C4 to a boomerang? Could this be an effective weapon, or would it be as stupid as it sounds?

Image**
Great Lord Randall wrote:Aerodynamics aside, I’m curious what tactical advantage you’re expecting to gain by having the high explosive fly back at you if it misses the target.

* to me, at least
** mouseover title text: "it's the second one"
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Thu May 02, 2013 3:01 am UTC

I'm not sure how I should feel about there being other Rivers.(Small or otherwise)
ChronosDragon wrote:I know for a fact that this was referenced somewhere earlier in the thread, but some of us may end up looking like this at some point:

Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Thu May 02, 2013 3:03 am UTC

StormAngel wrote:Oh, and while I'm here, I must say "Happy Present-day, BlitzGirl!!"

I'd have done so sooner, but I've been busy making my bed,
Spoiler:
This bed
Click the pic to see the construction pics

ggh wrote:StormAngel, impressed with the bed. How long did that take?

I started construction back in mid-November, and that was after at least a month of designing in SketchUp (which has continued to be an ongoing process).
but the end is in sight :)

Wait for it.

and here's another pic:
Spoiler:

:) I'm only 10 NewPages behind...
: Not a NewPic
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu May 02, 2013 3:07 am UTC

For Roia
this hat is a product of collaboration with a 'dashery apprentice. Thank you ggh!
Attachments
Roia-hat.png
Roia-hat.png (23.85 KiB) Viewed 15291 times

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu May 02, 2013 3:10 am UTC

KALONGGGGGGGG...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

htom

Postby htom » Thu May 02, 2013 3:12 am UTC

The bottle's getting away!
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

Helper

Postby Helper » Thu May 02, 2013 3:14 am UTC

Maybe it's a message in a steambottle. . . . / - - - / . . .

dreiarmumig

Postby dreiarmumig » Thu May 02, 2013 3:14 am UTC

Just did a mini-blitz after a night out and I noticed that this
pdg wrote:
Pikrass wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
"Yes"
"Yes what?"

Hum, I'd think the obvious is "Yes, there are other rivers".

Thou art a prophet! :o

wasn't the first prophet, this
Earthling on Mars wrote:Yes, there are other rivers, maybe?

was at two minutes past newpix! Woah, Earthling on Mars, tell us more about the future!

Edit:
Also, there's this bit of prophecy by Caswallon:
Caswallon wrote:I was concerned he was going to fall in actually. :) But it will be curious how he reacts if he drinks it.

from before Cueball actually did fall in.

Edit2:
Alsoso, because I think they haven't been bumped in a while: The poll and the map.
Last edited by dreiarmumig on Thu May 02, 2013 3:37 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu May 02, 2013 3:23 am UTC

Helper wrote:Maybe it's a message in a steambottle. . . . / - - - / . . .

dot dot...OH it's morse code. SOS. I get it.

.-- .- .. - / ..-. --- .-. / .. - .-.-.-

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Thu May 02, 2013 3:24 am UTC

Maybe! If they are dogs and send messages with pee!

Also, my prediction is that they will contemplate the river for a moment and discuss what they can do about it. They may then go upstream and find some kind of damn that they then will explode diverting the river in a new direction and saving their sandcastle. At the expense of a small village, but totally worth it.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu May 02, 2013 3:26 am UTC

Since no one else appears to be doing so, and I'm occasionally on the twitters, if I see a tweet from @WhatIfNumbers I shall post it here, for analysis' sake. Or someone else can. That's cool.

WhatIfNumbers wrote:6.5: Mass, in grams, of a kilometer-long strand of human hair

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu May 02, 2013 3:27 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Ready to see what I spent my morning doing? Here you go! It's a Present Present from me to you!
Click Here for Larger Version

HOLY FRICK. You made this? What epic win. What epic win. Same request I made BuffyGirl a signpost or two ago: please can I have permission from your Blitzness to use one of the frames as an avatar? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Still geeking out every time I see that image :mrgreen: I might want to put a poster of it on my wall eventually... if you're good with that, ofc.

*moves onward ever faster, fueled by the epic image*

Oh yes, feel free to avatar whatever part of it you like - it was made for the thread-readers, after all! I'm actually quite honored.

And thanks for tossing up those first posts! :D
To Selcouth, FullOfIt, and edfel: Thank you!

Someguy945 wrote:I think the OTC just jumped the shark. There is no way Cueball would do something this stupid. There is no way Megan would let Cueball do something this stupid. My suspension of disbelief has been shattered.

Oh no. In OTC, shark jumps you:
Spoiler:
Sharkbait! Ooo...bop ba doo.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Thu May 02, 2013 3:27 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu May 02, 2013 3:27 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:453/491.

pelrigg wrote:

I'm with you there.
This is the most posts I've put in my entire interwebbing, let alone in one day.Enjoy your lunch.

http://forums.xkcd.com/posting.php?mode ... p=3341582#

^^That's supposed to be the wide-eyed smile-face. What did I did WRONG???^^

You wouldn't happen to have Javascript disabled, would you? When you click the smiley image, it summons a Javascript ninja to put the smiley code in for you. If JS is disabled the ninja cannot be summoned, so all your browser can do is put in the link to the smiley-maker.

Let me guess: you're using Firefox with NoScript. So familiar <3 I still hand-type most tags because I'm used to them not working. If you're up for doing that too, the smiley in question is : shock : with no spacing between the :'s and the "shock". :shock:

Thanks for the advice {looking around "JavaScript, JavaScript, if I were a JavaScript button which one would I be?"} (plus looking at your post I'm seeing how some of the other thingies are done. I've said this before I'm REALLY new with posting in a thread, with this being the FIRST one I've done this in more than once. {The other two(?) I posted a question and that was that.} I so I think I'm getting some of the simple stitches down and maybe I get to do some embroidery soon.)

{picking up odd bits and pieces and trying to fit them together}

A while back htom mentioned googling a quote jjjdavidson had tossed out (that *cough cough* I had indicated I knew) and he mentioned this thread was the third link.
And over at the 1206: Einstein thread there's a mention that 95% of the google hits for the patent in the alt-text are xkcd related.
And, meanwhile, back at the ranch, the google search for boomerangdildoguns all lead here.

>and the choir says sooo?<

To make a point out of this long ramble:
Can you imagine some poor soul, who knows NOTHING of xkcd (let alone the OTC, OTT, etc.), on an innocent Google search, ending up on any random page of this thread?
And starts reading above and below where ever they were sent????

(typed at 2 words-per-longpix; down hill, with the wind at my back. Adjusted for errors... Negative 42)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu May 02, 2013 3:28 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:

--- .... / .-. .- -. -.. .- .-.. .-.. / .. ... / - .... .. ... / - .... . / -. . .-- / .-. --- - .---- ...--
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Thu May 02, 2013 3:36 am UTC

Valarya wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

--- .... / .-. .- -. -.. .- .-.. .-.. / .. ... / - .... .. ... / - .... . / -. . .-- / .-. --- - .---- ...--

.- -... / --. ..- ...- ..-. / ...- ..-. / --. ..- .-. / .- .-. .--- / . -... --. .---- ...--

-. .- --.- / .--- ...- --. ..- / --. ..- -. --. / ...- / --.. .... ..-. --. / .--. -... --.. -.

Spoiler:
NO THIS IS THE NEW ROT13

AND WITH THAT I MUST COMA
Last edited by jovialbard on Thu May 02, 2013 1:24 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”