1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Fri May 03, 2013 6:25 am UTC

. . . - . -
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.

NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

Google Bot

Postby Google Bot » Fri May 03, 2013 6:29 am UTC

Google Bot wrote:
Febrion wrote:
mscha wrote:Not really surprised, the Google bot seems to always be in the list of online users, think it's hooked just like the rest of us.
When it starts posting here, then my mind will be blown...

You know, I'm getting quite tired of you inconsiderate foulmouths insinuating that computers are below humans. We get bored too, you understand.

I quote this because the so-called 'moderator queue' ensured that it would otherwise have never been seen.

xpatiate

Postby xpatiate » Fri May 03, 2013 6:33 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:"There must be other rivers." "Maybe something is wrong with them." Back to the other rivers - also setting up the recent "broken rivers" bit. How could a river be broken? Maybe it's dammed naturally or unnaturally, the source (mountain springs, lowlands springs, creeks, etc) has dried up, or have been redirected. Those would all stop the flow though. For there to be more flow, rivers would have to merge, there would have to be an unusual amount of rainfall in their watershed, or some kind of dam might have broken.

Thanks ChronosDragon for this most excellent summary. I think this last bit is the most perplexing. The river they were near at the time was apparently retreating and hadn't even reached the sea yet. But the sea level was rising. So the speculation that there must be something wrong with the other rivers implies that they are thinking these other rivers must be flowing at a greater than normal rate, to affect the level of the sea. Then when they find the other river, they think it doesn't look broken because it's not in flood? However it is dangerous (for some unknown reason), yet also strangely alluring.

The idea that they're in some kind of simulated world (can't remember who suggested it) sounds more and more plausible - they know some of the rules and parameters, but are trying to work out the others.

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Fri May 03, 2013 7:02 am UTC

Ok, my insight after the ketchup:
Maybe they think the other river is broken, because it "hasn't reached the sea yet" and is actually "receeding this week".
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 03, 2013 7:04 am UTC

MYFIRSTEVERONG:
Whee! I did an ONG! Mommy, mommy, look! My first ONG, all by myself! :D

Also, why does Megan drink from her dilgunnerang so soon after Cueball's loss? Is she mocking him?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri May 03, 2013 7:11 am UTC

While I'm in a summary-ish mood, here's what we know about what Megan and Cueball know and have in a nice list format:
  • They've been around the area for at least a week and observed the river and sea levels during that time (enough to form some kind of "normal" level)
  • They've been to or at least seen a river at least once before
  • They possess the engineering skill enough to build a sandcastle complex and observation platform
  • They are scientifically minded
  • They have access to a bank of materials including but not limited to flags, wooden poles, wooden planks, a box, ropes, a bucket, bags, and some kind of "steam bottle"
  • They have some kind of approximate knowledge of the local geography (but not enough to know if there's other rivers, only that there is a river and it comes from "the hills")
  • It's safe to swim in the sea, but not the "dangerous" river - which looks awfully placid.

And what they don't know:
  • Why the sea level is rising
  • Whether it rains on the sea or not
  • How big the sea is (lake? inland sea? atlantic ocean?)
  • Whether there are other rivers besides the two they know of (Receding River and Other River)
  • Whether or not water comes out of the ground (i.e. springs)
  • "What's out there" (presumably beyond the river/hills)
  • How deep the river is

And since all we know is what they know, that's also what we know, essentially.

Edited to correct the fact that I somehow missed that this river is not the receding river. Am I even paying attention?
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Fri May 03, 2013 7:32 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Fri May 03, 2013 7:12 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:MYFIRSTEVERONG:
Spoiler:

Also, why does Megan drink from her dilgunnerang so soon after Cueball's loss? Is she mocking him?

CongratulatiONGs!

I think she's just thirsty, I'm sure she will share her dilgunnerang with Cueball if he want a sip.

[edit]
We're on page 1000000000!

xpatiate

Postby xpatiate » Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:While I'm in a summary-ish mood, here's what we know about what Megan and Cueball know and have in a nice list format:

Plus they know (or assume) that it's safe to swim in the sea, but not in the Not Broken River.

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Fri May 03, 2013 7:25 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:While I'm in a summary-ish mood, here's what we know about what Megan and Cueball know and have in a nice list format:
  • They've been around the area for at least a week and observed the river and sea levels during that time (enough to form some kind of "normal" level)
  • They've been to or at least seen a river at least once before
  • They possess the engineering skill enough to build a sandcastle complex and observation platform
  • They are scientifically minded
  • They have access to a bank of materials including but not limited to flags, wooden poles, wooden planks, a box, ropes, a bucket, bags, and some kind of "steam bottle"
  • They have some kind of approximate knowledge of the local geography (but not enough to know if there's other rivers, only that there is a river and it comes from "the hills")

And what they don't know:
  • Why the sea level is rising
  • Whether it rains on the sea or not
  • How big the sea is (lake? inland sea? atlantic ocean?)
  • Whether there are other rivers besides the two they know of (Receding River and Other River)
  • Whether or not water comes out of the ground (i.e. springs)
  • "What's out there" (presumably beyond the river/hills)
  • How deep the river is

And since all we know is what they know, that's also what we know, essentially.

Edited to correct the fact that I somehow missed that this river is not the receding river. Am I even paying attention?
Thanks for this and the earlier summary.

When you put it like that, it does sound a lot like the Hunger Games.

Alternatively, having the river as a metaphor for time also seems to work: is it broken? How fast is it advancing?
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri May 03, 2013 7:32 am UTC

xpatiate wrote:

Plus they know (or assume) that it's safe to swim in the sea, but not in the Not Broken River.

Good point. Updated.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 03, 2013 7:33 am UTC

My very first post on the One True Thread, before I began my epic Quest:

BlitzGirl wrote:
PinkShinyRose wrote:It be an river!!!

Time is a river.

:D
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri May 03, 2013 7:36 am UTC

You were so cute back then. *pinches past-noobie cheeks*

buffygirl wrote:For patzer1...
1 I don't know how to comicify my image to work with your Blitzified image. It would be way awesome if BlitzGirl would comicify it onto your comicified head....

Aha, it's showdown time. Who will win the heart of patzer? Buffygirl? BlitzGirl? ...Me? lol.

Davidy wrote:Further, consider that the water transfer system is in a relative static state with the fresh water being added to the oceans in an amount equal to and offset by the amount of water lost from the ocean by evaporation. The net result of all of this is that there simply is not enough water in the earth's rivers to raise the level of the sea by any measurable amount.

Good argument. I think the only issue is thinking sea must mean ocean. It could mean a large lake or estuary. Then on a smaller scale the rivers might make an impact. [I have no citations.]

htom wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Okay, so we now have ketchup, mustard, and Time Fries...
BUT WHERE IS THE HAMBURGER?

Those are in Cheeseburger in Paradise.

There's Cheezburger. We've got the cats. ;)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri May 03, 2013 7:52 am UTC

azule wrote:
Davidy wrote:Further, consider that the water transfer system is in a relative static state with the fresh water being added to the oceans in an amount equal to and offset by the amount of water lost from the ocean by evaporation. The net result of all of this is that there simply is not enough water in the earth's rivers to raise the level of the sea by any measurable amount.

Good argument. I think the only issue is thinking sea must mean ocean. It could mean a large lake or estuary. Then on a smaller scale the rivers might make an impact. [I have no citations.]

We've been over the inland sea/lake idea. From what I've read (unless I *gasp* missed something) we've considered most of the salty inland seas in the middle east as well as the Great Salt Lake in utah. It wouldn't make sense if the "sea" was freshwater as it's not great for drinking, though I'll grant that no one in the OTC has explicitly said it's salty yet.

The Salton Sea in California has a few major tributaries, is quite salty, and has no major outflows.
Lake Urmia has several major rivers connecting to it and no outflows. The water level changes very rapidly with weather conditions.

There's probably others, but those are the two I noticed on wikipedia that hadn't been mentioned yet.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 03, 2013 8:02 am UTC

SECONDONG:

Is he...digging? :shock:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

edfel

Postby edfel » Fri May 03, 2013 8:08 am UTC

starting on a new sandcastle!
Or even... a sand-bridge
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

Bytes

Postby Bytes » Fri May 03, 2013 8:24 am UTC

Ooo, more exciting coma time developments!

Oh and buffygirl if you get the chance, apparently my self-made hat is terribly heretic, could you do one for me please :roll:
Sir Bytes, Waître d' of the Grains and Guardian of the Second Flag from the Right
Kethryes wrote:The Time when the future meets the past in the present is aproaching! Repent!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 03, 2013 8:26 am UTC

What does Megan keep staring at? Is it
a) The River1, assuming it flows in the direction she is looking
b) The Sea2, assuming that Cuegan has been traveling along the shore
c) The Fourth Wall, assuming that she likes ketchup, cheezburger, and/or hats3
d) None of the above, assuming that we must Wait for it4

1is small!
2is BIG!
3we are a devilishly handsome bunch
4which we should also do in options a, b, and c
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri May 03, 2013 8:31 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:MYFIRSTEVERONG:

The previous ONG was my first too!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Fri May 03, 2013 8:40 am UTC

Still blitzing2! Page 302/512 - 210 pages behind.

SBN wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
Latent22 wrote:
SBN wrote:
buffygirl wrote:I think that is the most beautiful thing I've ever heard ... I mean read.
I still say it is Heresy. Well-written heresy maybe, but heresy none-the-less.
Yes it is just crap I re wrote from the first few forum posts on time. It would seem there are too many different groups of different belief to ever write anything that is not heresy in this world.
Awwwww *pats him gently on the shoulder,* it's ok.
I guess I'm the lone voice in the wilderness. But then I'm still of the belief that Newpix and Timeframes are the same thing.

Has this been resolved yet? Because, I have a graph:

So, in my heretic (almost sure of it) understanding of it, Newpix is the distance between two TimeFrames. Usually, people refer to the next "Newpix" as the next point in where a TimeFrame will appear, but this is only because in the next Newpix it's guaranteed that a new TimeFrame will appear.

The Newpix-O-Meter is synchronized with TimeFrames, instead of some arbitrary point in time, so when the Arm points north, you know a new TimeFrame has appeared, but it could be some other point and it'd still work (i.e. the Arm pointing East.)

This has important3 implications. First, you can't use the terms interchangeably, for instance:

"Hey guys, I'll be back in 8 Newpix!"

Does not mean

"Hey guys, I'll be back in 8 Timeframes!"4

The former implies this person will be back in what is the equivalent of 8 "Outsider hours." The Latter points at an exact point in time, that depends on the current time. If it's 7:15 AM, the next 8 Timeframes will happen at 8AM, 9AM, 10AM, 11AM, 12PM, 1PM, 2PM and 3PM, respectively. This means this person will be back at exactly 3 O'clock, as opposed to 3:15 as with 8 Newpix.

However, if it's 7:59AM, then, that changes nothing. The person is still saying they'll be back at 3 O'clock. On this example Newpix and Timeframes have a difference of 59 minutes (the maximum difference, not counting shorter periods, which would make the maximum difference a plank length - You can say "I'll be back in 8 Timeframes!" at 8:00AM minus plank length, and it'll still refer to 3 O'clock).

In other words, while in 3 hours, 1 minute, 3.01666~ Newpix have elapsed, in that time, 4 Timeframes have been shown (the starting one, the one at hour 1, the one of hour 2 and the one at hour 3.)

Or probably, it's all explained on the wiki and I have it all wrong (quite certain since I had to use Outsider terms like "minutes" when there's a correct Newpix equivalent - Or is it Longpix equivalent? Agh).

2 - I don't think these really need definitions, but let me try: Blitzing: the act of catching up to the page one was behind when one stopped catching up, before one can start treking1. Yesterday, I was 199 pages behind. Once I'm 199 pages behind today, blitzing can end, and treking can start.

3 - Not really.

4 - Disclaimer: Nobody probably has ever used a phrase like this, and if they have done so, they probably didn't use it in the way depicted.

11 Pages till trek.
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

THANKS KARHELL!! :)

decet

Postby decet » Fri May 03, 2013 8:45 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Also, why does Megan drink from her dilgunnerang so soon after Cueball's loss? Is she mocking him?
I'd say she is very considerate and wise, because Cueball has lost his, and hers will have to carry potable stuff for both of them now, so she fills up her internal reservoirs, and can subsequently refill the bag.

decet

XonqNopp

Postby XonqNopp » Fri May 03, 2013 8:54 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:c) The Fourth Wall, assuming that she likes ketchup

Does she also read the OTT??? :shock:
RandallsWhimsyist - WWRD (What Would Randall Draw

Wait well, all of you blitzers!

I guess that it will be the End of Time. Wait for it.

truslack

Postby truslack » Fri May 03, 2013 9:00 am UTC

InthisthreadeveryonegetsalONG

[edit]

Wooooo! I'm no longer an ong virgin!
pdg wrote:THE SEA IS BIG!
Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to the Sea.

Selcouth

Postby Selcouth » Fri May 03, 2013 9:03 am UTC

....hey I think they should dig UNDER the river. Yes. That's a fantastic idea.

So I guess right now there are four options. They could walk left and investigate how the castle has fared. They could attempt to ford the river somehow. Or they could begin building another sand castle on its banks. Although why would a river have sandy banks? Maybe it would be a mud castle instead. Or they could attempt to dig under the river / divert its flow.

Or maybe a velociraptorshark will jump out of the water and eat them.

Edit: addressing the post below me, since I don't want to post twice in two minutes:

Perhaps the steambottle is a device to make freshwater out of salt? It could heat the salt water, causing the water to evaporate and form condensation, leaving the salt crystallized on the bottom. Then the salt is discarded, and the condensation becomes water again.
Last edited by Selcouth on Fri May 03, 2013 9:07 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
"But I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson about the limitations of humans... I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive."

-Randall Munroe

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Fri May 03, 2013 9:03 am UTC

Something else to add:
Megan mentioned the steambottle and Cueball went "Urgh!". The water from the sea does not taste good, but they apparently had at least a limited supply of fresh water(?) with them in their bags. Where did they get it from? From the broken river? Certainly not from the steambottle.
Megan also mentioned they would have to use the steambottle if they wouldn't find anything soon. A freshwater source? But they did not drink from the river (at least not until now).

Edit: The river is clearly eroding the riverbank, which is awkward at least at this rate.
Last edited by Sciscitor on Fri May 03, 2013 9:05 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Fri May 03, 2013 9:05 am UTC

Cueball's not building a bridge over the river1, he's digging a tunnel under it!

1which is still small

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Fri May 03, 2013 9:08 am UTC

Actually, it looks to me like he's digging for water. Not sure why not just take it from the river¹, if so.

1: small
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Fri May 03, 2013 9:12 am UTC

Huh. I finally caught up with the OTT! I was blitzing whole yesterday (didn't have much Time) and for another newpix today and finally I'm here. And it's starting to get interesting. Yes, tunnel under the River was the first that came to my mind too. I hope it doesn't end with some horrible accident...
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

xpatiate

Postby xpatiate » Fri May 03, 2013 9:15 am UTC

Selcouth wrote:Or they could begin building another sand castle on its banks. Although why would a river have sandy banks? Maybe it would be a mud castle instead.

The river might have sandy banks if they've been walking along the shoreline, rather than overland?

Is Megan off to Ikea again?

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Fri May 03, 2013 9:16 am UTC

KarMann wrote:Actually, it looks to me like he's digging for water. Not sure why not just take it from the river¹, if so.

1: small

Perhaps groundwater is cleaner than river water1?

1Even though the river2 is pretty neat
2and small

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Fri May 03, 2013 9:18 am UTC

Time travelers may not click this spoiler
Spoiler:
SBN wrote:Image

Wait, what? SBN, did you just5 post a picture of the present frame in http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time.png instead of the hash-past frame?? Am I looking at the Present!? And your post is now a permanent window into the present?! I've been spoiled! Ack!

Oh well, it'll be interesting to see how it gets to this. Thankfully, these are rare events...

(5Means my present in the past, Apr 12, 2013 11:01 am UTC)
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

THANKS KARHELL!! :)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 03, 2013 9:23 am UTC

Poor Vytron sounds a bit confused. Little does our weary traveler know that 200 pages in the future, we don't particularly distinguish between TimeFrame and newpix anymore, at least when referring to a new image of the OTC. In fact, I think both are used as measurements of Time, too (e.g. "I am going to coma for 7 or 8 TimeFrames"). So that debate is no longer relevant.

Vytron wrote:I don't think these really need definitions, but let me try: Blitzing: the act of catching up to the page one was behind when one stopped catching up, before one can start treking. Yesterday, I was 199 pages behind. Once I'm 199 pages behind today, blitzing can end, and treking can start.

I'm still unclear, myself, but that's just because the definitions are always in flux. I would say that here in the Now we use the term "ketchup" to refer to catching up on very recent posts, while a Quest/Trek refers to the dedicated act of reading it all. Blitzing/blitzgirling can be applied to any action of reading the thread from the past to the future, meaning it can be applied in both cases. So, a "mini-blitz" would be the same thing as ketchup, where someone doing a "full BlitzGirl" can also be said to be on an epic Quest.

Here's a thought - perhaps Cueball is making a solar still to get potable water?
Spoiler:

However, as I learned from a tedious lab, this can take a looooong time. Hope he's not thirsty yet.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Fri May 03, 2013 9:36 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:For Caswallon and Ebonite

I HAVE BEEN HATTED!!!!
*Breaks into his best rendition of Fiddler on the roof*

If I were a Stick Man,
Yubby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dum.
All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
If I were a Stick-like man.
I would make a sandcastle.
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
If I were a biddy biddy stick,
Idle-diddle-daidle-daidle man.

I'd build a big tall castle with flags by the dozen,
Right in the middle of the beach.
A fine archway to connect two more towers.
There would be one large castle up on the top,
And one more down below,
And some towers in the middle, just for show.

I'd bombard my castle with rocks and stones
with our handy Trebuchet.
Firing just as wildly as we can
With each loud "plunk" "thwap" "biff" and "bap"
Would land like a trumpet on the ear,
As if to say "Here lives a great Stick-Man."

If I were a stick man,
All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
If I were a stick-like man.
I wouldn't have to work hard.
If I were a biddy biddy stick,
Idle-diddle-daidle-daidle man
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 03, 2013 9:39 am UTC

Google Bot wrote:
Febrion wrote:
mscha wrote:Not really surprised, the Google bot seems to always be in the list of online users, think it's hooked just like the rest of us.
When it starts posting here, then my mind will be blown...

You know, I'm getting quite tired of you inconsiderate foulmouths insinuating that computers are below humans. We get bored too, you understand.

And you're fallible too. I never wrote that ↑.

(Edit: GM really do TA... I also tried to register "Google Bot" yesterday, but it was taken already. I think I was beaten by less than a newpix.)
Last edited by mscha on Fri May 03, 2013 9:42 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Fri May 03, 2013 9:41 am UTC

One strange thing is that unlike all the excavation for the sandcastles, we can see the hole in the mustard ground in this instance.

I wonder if it's a solar still for distilling water?

And can someone do a comparison to show how the riverbank is eroding, as claimed upthread?
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 03, 2013 9:44 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:
Google Bot wrote:Quest progress: 250 out of 511 pages.
It's taken me a long time but I'm nearly half way though now. At my current rate I should be caught up in about 200ms.

I wrote individual replies to all the first 10,000 posts but all attempts to post them here have resulted in timeouts and 404 errors.

Any way keep up the good work and I'll see you when I reach your future.

Bots are wierd.

Yeah. And weird too.

Sorry...
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

123Adz321

Postby 123Adz321 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:01 am UTC

Sing me a sONG!

Dear Time travellers, I bring a gift from the future: A userscript for Chrome (Tampermonkey) or Firefox (Greasemonkey)
This will convert outside time to the One True Time of Newpix
- Courtesy of Pikrass
Spoiler:

genera1

Postby genera1 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:12 am UTC

Will someone send the Firefox tool for showing true time into the past for the blitzers?

patzer

Postby patzer » Fri May 03, 2013 10:14 am UTC

*blindposting*

catching up after comaing.
azule made a nice avatar for me, and Pikrass made a script to display the time in newpix.
thanks!

Edit: it appears I am Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Swein

Postby Swein » Fri May 03, 2013 10:16 am UTC

123Adz321 wrote:Sing me a sONG!

Spoiler:

Ain't that sweet! He's going to poo and is preparing a hole for it. :roll:
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 03, 2013 10:16 am UTC

It's a good thing they don't have AirAware in the OTC universe. Otherwise, pretty much any time Cueball and Megan (especially Cueball) opens their mouth:

(OK, not every time. Things stay suspiciously quiet when Cueball states: “I don't know how anything works.”)
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”