1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Kieryn
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm UTC
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kieryn » Wed May 08, 2013 8:55 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:
Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Awesome. I suggest you join me as a member of the Data Analysis Department
Other members I recommend to the council:
Latent22,cmyk... others TBD

I'd be honoured! Is there a title involved?

I am not really sure... I don't have an official title myself and I am only a member by AluisioASG's decree... and that was with the '?' appendum

I guess as both a Hattee and default appointee of the department, I have the authority to the following:

I Kieryn, analyser of data of the OTC, explorer of mystery in the OTC, on this NP 570 of the OTT, np 1193 of the OTC, hereby declare myself Supreme Head of the Time Foundations Data Analysis Department (henceforth abreviated as TFDA, pronounced 'tiff-dah'), and additionally announce the following official appointments:

Sciscitor, OTT Quote Specialist
Latent22, OTC Frame Specialist
cmyk, Graphics and Visualization Expert

Thank you SHOT, TFDA!

Concerning those who asked for posters: Feel free to use the files for whatever your creativity comes up with. (I don't think they have any other than some technical merit. But maybe it's the same I feel about the creations of others, like BlitzGirls "We love the OTT" or yappobscuits musical rendering of it or Stratplayers songs or buffigirls hats... Those are things I am simply neither creative enough for nor capable of and they do impress my no end.)


You're welcome, and FTFY
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

User avatar
Sciscitor
Posts: 504
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:20 am UTC
Location: Austria

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Sciscitor » Wed May 08, 2013 8:56 pm UTC

slinches wrote:Is there any relevance to the positions (e.g. average post-page on one axis and first post page on the other)? Or is it just optimized for aesthetics and readability?

There is a relevance to the positions, but it is rather oblique. The relative positions are determined by the weight of the edges (ie the count of quotes) to all other connected nodes. The data itself is rather random, but there are two main hubs (not very visible in this particular rendering) centered around KarMann and Helper both of wich constitute a "core" of heavy quoters sligtly left to the center. Right to the center are those who quoted a lot of people but not very often (thin but many lines). In the periphery there are isles of small quote rings. All others are in the wake of the heavy hitters and clustered around and between them, depending on their particular connections.
The layout is moderatly optimized for readability. But that's about all there is to it.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
SBN wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
SBN wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:Is that Windows Movie Maker or another piece of software? WMM I have plenty of experience with but otherwise...

Yeah, Windows Movie Maker. She got it all edited, and went to publish it, and (eventually) got an error saying it can't save to that location, verify that the source files are all still available, and that the save location is available with enough space.

Files are there, space is there. I think she's going to re-edit it using Windows Movie Maker Live, to see if that works. Feel free to PM me, don't want to be off-topic.


Really, this is the OTT, we are always on topic when we are off topic, plus this sounds interesting and I want to eavesdrop!

I did figure this was the group most likely to have the expertise I need for this topic. Help is appreciated. I could even send/put the files somewhere if that would help.


Are you trying to render a movie?
I can't answer that. She's trying to make a movie, and, apparently did, except that she can't save it in a video file to turn in.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
spamjam
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:06 pm UTC
Location: greenlake seawash

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby spamjam » Wed May 08, 2013 9:01 pm UTC

MOVINGRIGHTALONG
Image

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby KarMann » Wed May 08, 2013 9:05 pm UTC

Just a little ketchup.
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
ggh wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:[
Yep. Because it's ALL related.

All related.... for a while I wondered if our discussion, or some aspect of it, was driving the water level rise, like the donations making the Externalities dog bigger, but then it didn't seem to fit, at least not in the simplest way. But then I did some googling and saw other forums devoted to the OTC and also mentions of irc, including http://www.xkcdb.com/?search=castle. Say, is anyone here following the OTC anywhere else? And if so, do you think that that's related in an Externalities kinda way? A while ago, folks talked about the possibility of a bot amongst us, and there was a bucket in the OTC, and.... Yes, it would be cool if it really were all related. Who can enlighten me?

Sorry if that rambling mess made no sense. I gotta coma.

You're getting there, but you're still thinking from too narrow of a perspective. It isn't just that everything xkcd-ish is related -- it's that it's ALL related.

From the Big BONG to the End of Time, each aspect of the OTC and the OTT intertwines with every other particle of matter, consciousness, and existence throughout the entire universe interacting with the past, present, and future all at once.

So even your rambling mess links with it.

*nods head knowingly*

It's ALL related.

Dammit, StratPlayer! Now, how the heck am I supposed to get any action without it being incest?!?

buffygirl wrote:
Eutychus wrote:I've been wondering about hidden messages in the text of the kind you mention too (first/last letters, number of letters in each word, and so on)*, but my skills are very definitely in languages, not cryptography. I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest here in the latter aspect with regard to the dialogue, though. Anyone want to take a look?

*In fact rereading myself I've realised it reminds me of the oddly-worded clues in the book Masquerade.

I followed that link and literally caught my breath when I saw the cover. Me and my friends were OBSESSED with that book! We were soooo disappointed when the treasure was found by some unworthy loser! Over the years I'd forgotten the name of the book, and you've given it back to me! Thank you!

One of six to eight. Yep, I remember.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
lmjb1964
Posts: 2468
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 pm UTC
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:11 pm UTC

edfel wrote:
Eliram wrote:
edfel wrote:
Spoiler:
Image


Wow, weird that you drew this map. Here is a real map of the north side of the dead sea. Jordan river entering from North-east of image, other (half dry) streams entering from west. Sandy shore all around. Awful tasting salty sea water etc.
Spoiler:
Image


If this is indeed the case, then we would have a bird-eye view of the scene:
https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/3815097
So yes it fits quite well... but I'm almost convinced it's a fictional place: people living in tents, not knowing basic stuff about see and rivers, "people in the hills" ... all this doesn't fit with any current place, IMO


Edfel, that map is just great. I had been thinking about doing something like that, but was too lazy and unskilled busy to do it.

Interesting, the similarity to the Dead Sea. I do tend to agree with those who say it's a fictional place. The whole OTC has had an otherworldly feel to it. Of course, we're seeing it through Cuegan's eyes, and have limited information. Maybe they're the otherworldly ones.
Image

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Montov
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:54 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Montov » Wed May 08, 2013 9:12 pm UTC

They are leaving behind the molehill. Why aren't they visiting the underground mole people?

User avatar
k.bookbinder
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed May 08, 2013 9:16 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My God, it's FULL OF STARS!!!!



That's really something I'd have expected from Hal9000.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

User avatar
Latent22
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 pm UTC
Location: NZ

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Latent22 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:18 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Hmm, tricky. This data file is appended to by my frame grabber, which has no idea about frame numbers. The logic to determine the frame number (basically, line number before, and line number minus three after the apocryphal frames) is in the script itself.


mscha: The Frame grabber can calculate the frame number simply by using the below maths. Would use the second one only since its now past frame 241. This will generate a perfect frame number. Note that this will fall down a bit when the server has an issue and no frame is captured in an hour period and then we get more than one frame in an hour to catch up. Their is also the possibility that Randall will change the release frequency again and would have a problem then until we catch it and adjust your script.

Latent22 wrote:By the way the maths I use to convert a date is as follows:

frame 1-240:

=TRUNC((Date-StartDate)*48,0)+1

frame 241-xxx: (use this if Date >= 30/03/2013 4:00)

=TRUNC((Date-StartDate)*24,0)+1+120

Note Date is a number of days since a set point and has a fractional portion to it for the time. Like xxx.5 = midday etc.
StartDate is whatever 4am on the 25th of may 2013 is in your date format.

User avatar
buffygirl
Cardinal
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm UTC
Location: BuffyDashery closed.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby buffygirl » Wed May 08, 2013 9:29 pm UTC

descor wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
azule wrote:
Spoiler:
EDIT: Kieryn, if you would be so kind, spoilerfy or edit that quote-wall, please. We're much more civilized at this Time. We have moved on from such childish things. *shrug*

lmjb1964 wrote:And yep, I put the comma in the quotation marks, because that's how we roll here in the U.S. of A.
I don't, and I'm a USAian. :P

StratPlayer wrote:So what would be the goal of the game? To travel across the sands and look at rivers? To wield your dilgunerang to try and knock down sand castles? To go on a great quest for no real reason and mumble random nonsensical things about water?

Or to see how many nerds you can snipe with open-ended commands like "Wait For It"?

Nerd-Sniping: The Game.

I would think it would be, basically, a glorified chat room. This would make sense.*

StratPlayer wrote:But there's still a part of me that questions my sanity when I go, "Oooh! An OTC game! That sounds awesome!" That last little rational shred then forces me to ask myself questions like I posted previously to try and knock some sense into myself... :wink:

Either you triggered it or I am still having creative thoughts, but:
First I thought, obviously a 3D world, but with stick figures.
THEN I thought, no, 3D-cross-sectioned world, with stick figures. Navigation is basically normal, but only the cross-section is visible to us, as in the OTC. Probably with controls like in Resident Evil, where turn is separate from forward or sidereal movement.


* God, has anyone seen Cosmopolis? Their dialogue ticks have eaten their way into my brain.

It could include topics discussed and terms invented on the OTT, maybe something with hats, cupcakes, etc. Ooooh, maybe the trebuchet could hurl cupcakes, with different ones having different effects (like Angry Birds maybe?)! And at each new level they get a new hat! I'm not sure how to include semencoffeecancerbabbiesonice though. I suppose it depends on the intended audience...

and cats. definitely cats.


Will you be making all these hats then your Holiness?

uhhhhh ..... can I use hats I've already made?

User avatar
Kieryn
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm UTC
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kieryn » Wed May 08, 2013 9:36 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:Just a little ketchup.
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:
ggh wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:[
Yep. Because it's ALL related.

All related.... for a while I wondered if our discussion, or some aspect of it, was driving the water level rise, like the donations making the Externalities dog bigger, but then it didn't seem to fit, at least not in the simplest way. But then I did some googling and saw other forums devoted to the OTC and also mentions of irc, including http://www.xkcdb.com/?search=castle. Say, is anyone here following the OTC anywhere else? And if so, do you think that that's related in an Externalities kinda way? A while ago, folks talked about the possibility of a bot amongst us, and there was a bucket in the OTC, and.... Yes, it would be cool if it really were all related. Who can enlighten me?

Sorry if that rambling mess made no sense. I gotta coma.

You're getting there, but you're still thinking from too narrow of a perspective. It isn't just that everything xkcd-ish is related -- it's that it's ALL related.

From the Big BONG to the End of Time, each aspect of the OTC and the OTT intertwines with every other particle of matter, consciousness, and existence throughout the entire universe interacting with the past, present, and future all at once.

So even your rambling mess links with it.

*nods head knowingly*

It's ALL related.


Dammit, StratPlayer! Now, how the heck am I supposed to get any action without it being incest?!?

buffygirl wrote:
Eutychus wrote:I've been wondering about hidden messages in the text of the kind you mention too (first/last letters, number of letters in each word, and so on)*, but my skills are very definitely in languages, not cryptography. I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest here in the latter aspect with regard to the dialogue, though. Anyone want to take a look?

*In fact rereading myself I've realised it reminds me of the oddly-worded clues in the book Masquerade.

I followed that link and literally caught my breath when I saw the cover. Me and my friends were OBSESSED with that book! We were soooo disappointed when the treasure was found by some unworthy loser! Over the years I'd forgotten the name of the book, and you've given it back to me! Thank you!

One of six to eight. Yep, I remember.


Hey I mentioned this ages ago viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&p=3317016&hilit=Masquerade#p3317016

P.S. I know - big quote block. Posting from iPhone . will clean up when I get home.
Last edited by Kieryn on Thu May 09, 2013 1:58 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

User avatar
akacat
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:39 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby akacat » Wed May 08, 2013 9:37 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:Ok folks ... update on the quote tree graph (up to post 22300ish).
This time it's the full graph. And with full I mean FULL... all the 835 people who have quoted or have been quoted or both and all the 8757 quotes along with all the names, color coded average posting length, size coded posting count per user, width and color coded quote count and (at least for the main quoters) directional hints (also known as arrows)1.
I can append only a compressed minified thumb here (about 1.3 MB), the links go to the original sized 4096x4096 PNG (15.6 MB) and a SVG (4.1 MB) version. But beware, these images are not for the faint of heart or low on RAM.
I call them "The Constellations of Time". Enjoy.
1 No hamsters where harmed or injured in the creation of this visualization. It consits solely of naturally grown and recycled electrons and photons.

My god it's full of stars strings quotes!

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 08, 2013 9:44 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
SBN wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
SBN wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:Is that Windows Movie Maker or another piece of software? WMM I have plenty of experience with but otherwise...

Yeah, Windows Movie Maker. She got it all edited, and went to publish it, and (eventually) got an error saying it can't save to that location, verify that the source files are all still available, and that the save location is available with enough space.

Files are there, space is there. I think she's going to re-edit it using Windows Movie Maker Live, to see if that works. Feel free to PM me, don't want to be off-topic.


Really, this is the OTT, we are always on topic when we are off topic, plus this sounds interesting and I want to eavesdrop!

I did figure this was the group most likely to have the expertise I need for this topic. Help is appreciated. I could even send/put the files somewhere if that would help.


Are you trying to render a movie?
I can't answer that. She's trying to make a movie, and, apparently did, except that she can't save it in a video file to turn in.


Hrrm :/ you said she is using WMM? What OS? Vista,7,8? I know with Vista it will be a pain, but win7 should be able to do it no issue... well depending on how long it is...
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
spamjam
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:06 pm UTC
Location: greenlake seawash

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby spamjam » Wed May 08, 2013 9:46 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Ebonite wrote:As I was ketchuping (ketching up? What's the correct conjugation of that compound verb?) I read the discussion a few newpages ago about language and the Uncanny Valley. I had been thinking that the dialogue in the OTC reminded me a lot of Chance the Gardener in the movie "Being There".

Sounds about right. And we like to watch...


For the many of us that are enjoying mostly observing the OT[CT]...we're Wait (For It) Watchers.

User avatar
descor
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:00 am UTC
Location: UK

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby descor » Wed May 08, 2013 9:48 pm UTC

spamjam wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Ebonite wrote:As I was ketchuping (ketching up? What's the correct conjugation of that compound verb?) I read the discussion a few newpages ago about language and the Uncanny Valley. I had been thinking that the dialogue in the OTC reminded me a lot of Chance the Gardener in the movie "Being There".

Sounds about right. And we like to watch...


For the many of us that are enjoying mostly observing the OT[CT]...we're Wait (For It) Watchers.

Does that mean we need to start eating these then? Image
Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

User avatar
Smithers
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Cambridge, England
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Smithers » Wed May 08, 2013 9:53 pm UTC

Ketchup-post from coma and employment (although sometimes it seems I'm the only one here who doesn't ketchup during my employment).

Eternal Density wrote:
Valarya wrote:So their hills have people who chuck stuff into their river... but those hills are smaller.

I wonder what these bigger hills have in them!
Emeralds.

Until I saw the target of that link, I was so sure you were making a Sonic the Hedgehog reference.

buffygirl wrote::oops: Thanks. On any other forum I probably wouldn't have asked for fear of being ridiculed, but the people here are nice, and I figured they'd forgive a little ignorance (and to think, I watch the Borgias on a regular basis...).

Since the only other comic thread to reach over two thousand (note: this one is over nine twenty thousand) posts got closed for becoming a flame war. I'm pretty sure this thread is the nicest place on the interwebsTM.

Flado wrote:Call me when you get into performance problems down that row...

You can't go down a row, you go across a row or down a column.

Red Hal wrote:NP = New Page
np= newpix

and Np = Neopets?

azule wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
airdrik wrote:Well, since Babbage provides the JUST-IN-CASE statement, we're covered ;).



:D Forgot to comment on this earlier -- excellent! I hadn't seen that list in a very long while, and it made me laugh and brought back memories from my old FORTRAN days.

This made me laugh and I've only experience with JavaScript and server languages and modern OS-based programming. I believe that Babbage should be declared the official programming language of Time.

Reminds me of the paranoid programming language. (Also based on Ada; I doubt this is a coincidence, although I've never used Ada myself.)

KarMann wrote:Dammit, StratPlayer! Now, how the heck am I supposed to get any action without it being Wincest?!?

FTFY
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Wed May 08, 2013 10:01 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
Hrrm :/ you said she is using WMM? What OS? Vista,7,8? I know with Vista it will be a pain, but win7 should be able to do it no issue... well depending on how long it is...

Windows 7 (Sort of, the laptop has what they call a Win 8/Win 7 duel load, which is configured as Win 7.) Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (not Live, at least until she gave up on v 2.6) The Windows Movie Maker file she sent me was 343KB. I get a message that it can't be opened, but then I'm on XP and WMM 2.1. And then there are 3 AVI files and 7 jpg files that go into the movie. The AVI's are ~200 MB each.
Update: She "recreated it, somewhat less awesomely, on WMM Live" so it isn't quite the crises it was, but it would be nice to know why it didn't work.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
edo
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:05 pm UTC
Location: ~TrApPeD iN mY PhOnE~

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby edo » Wed May 08, 2013 10:01 pm UTC

Ŋ
Image
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

User avatar
lmjb1964
Posts: 2468
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 pm UTC
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:05 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Ebonite wrote:Funny that you mention Cueball and Megan coming across as "stupid".

As I was ketchuping (ketching up? What's the correct conjugation of that compound verb?) I read the discussion a few newpages ago about language and the Uncanny Valley. I had been thinking that the dialogue in the OTC reminded me a lot of Chance the Gardener in the movie "Being There".


Sounds about right. And we like to watch...


Now that you mention it, that does seem a really apt reference. We still don't really know anything about who Megan and Cueball are. Could be they're in a perfectly normal world, they just aren't perfectly normal people. Normal, of course, being relative.

StratPlayer wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:The Creator of Time, infinite in his ineffable-ness, has endowed them with the knowledge and abilities he saw fit. We can not even be sure that we know what they know, or know what they don't know. Such is the will of the Creator of Time.


Hmmmm... Well at the risk of supreme heresy, I would submit that the Creator of Time occasionally seems not so much "ineffable," as he is...

Spoiler:
what-the-EFF?!?!-able.


StratPlayer, I think I love you. (But what am I so afraid of?) (Sorry, not sure where the Partridge Family reference came from...)
Image

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

User avatar
ucim
Posts: 6860
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm UTC
Location: The One True Thread

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Wed May 08, 2013 10:06 pm UTC

buffygirl, regarding a question about long-lost TV shows wrote:FYI: There's a thread on the forum entitled Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of
Thanks - I didn't realize there were other forums. :)

I went and posted there; let's see what comes of it. But jeez - that thread's been there since 2008 and has only 17 pages. What's up with that? I blitzed through the whole thing without breaking a sweat.

But I'm back home now.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

User avatar
Ebonite
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Ebonite » Wed May 08, 2013 10:07 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:Just a little ketchup.

One of six to eight. Yep, I remember.


25 or 6 to 4. That one *I* remember. (Probably appropriate to reflect what time it is when I usually complete ketchup.) :)
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

User avatar
KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am UTC
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA, far from river and sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby KarMann » Wed May 08, 2013 10:11 pm UTC

Ebonite wrote:
KarMann wrote:Just a little ketchup.

One of six to eight. Yep, I remember.

25 or 6 to 4. That one *I* remember. (Probably appropriate to reflect what time it is when I usually complete ketchup.) :)

Heh, I was considering throwing the Chicago thing in there, but decided against it. Should've known someone would pick up the slack if I didn't.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

User avatar
Ebonite
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Ebonite » Wed May 08, 2013 10:14 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:
Ebonite wrote:
KarMann wrote:Just a little ketchup.

One of six to eight. Yep, I remember.

25 or 6 to 4. That one *I* remember. (Probably appropriate to reflect what time it is when I usually complete ketchup.) :)

Heh, I was considering throwing the Chicago thing in there, but decided against it. Should've known someone would pick up the slack if I didn't.


I'll Meet You Halfway if you'd rather I pick on lmjb1964 with a Partridge Family reference. (After all, that's better than no way.)
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:19 pm UTC

Blitzpost for the last {5<n<10} NP:
Kieryn wrote:
azule wrote:
Spoiler:
What's our next number to find significance in? 2001? Oh, YUP! Just like the "Odyssey", M&C are primitive, and always will be compared to what is out there in the world universe. What I'm saying is: At 2001np we're going to space, bitches()!

() You're not bitches. Just a phrase.

slinches, fucking awesome cliffhanger mod! 8-)

treadman wrote:
edfel wrote:Updated version of the map, now on the wiki (see "Mapping")
Direct link to svg :
http://images.wikia.com/xkcd-time/image ... me-Map.svg

I don't remember who made the panorama of the first journey (where we see the shore line), or the image where with the forking as a series of horizontal strips... it would be great to have these appear in the wiki :-)

I'm loving all the graphs and maps. Great work everyone! Now someone should get to work on the MMORPG, so we can play around in the OTC. :)

Firstly, great map work, edfel. Love the SVGness. :)

Secondly, MMORPG, yes, fun! While you (whoever) are at it, get on that PKMNMMORPG. ;)


I so wish I had the time to do this myself... However I am willing to help... I have skillz in Unity3d, Blender, various other CGI tools.1

I have been contemplating writing a game of some sorts around based around the OTC, but again it all comes to my available time. I am taking a honk of vacation in July, so if I was to do anything, that would be when.

1EDIT: These are of course in addition to my unmentioned general hacking/programming/software architecture skillz

Wasn't there talk of recreating "Time" in Terraria a while ago?
spamjam wrote:TINYONG

Read that as "tin-yong." Thought you might like to know.
Othercomic-reference-tastic responses to a couple of recent pastposts:
Spoiler:
VoronX wrote:...I was kayaking down this cliff-lined River...

Were you in a time-traveling kayak? Yes, of course you were.
mscha wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Hey begs a question - Has anyone created a direct link to frame PNG via frame/newpix number yet? If this gap is still there by tonight (8pm eastern) I will add this to my site.
mscha - maybe you could easily provide this, if you haven't already?

Like this?
http://xkcd.mscha.org/frame/123

Excellent! We can now link to individual frames without messy bitstrings in the URL, so we can put the link straight into our post {e.g. the link you posted} and it still looks all nice and pretty! Yay!
Sorry. I'm kind of strange.

Also, question for edfel: Did you get the data for the width of the main river from my earlier-posted upscale of it, or from somewhere else? I don't know if anyone noticed that I posted a to-current-scale view of the river post-island-disappearance.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
lmjb1964
Posts: 2468
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 pm UTC
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:25 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Selcouth wrote:
Eliram wrote:-snip-

As an mild arachnophobe, I'm implanting a hair-trigger Page Down reflex at the sight of your username into my brain.


Man you would hate to come over to my house, then! In addition to being the cupcake girl.. I am also the spider lady. :mrgreen:


Urp. I'll be staying away too, then. I sorta twitch every time I see Eliram's avatar. The hat helps a little, I guess.

Eutychus wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:The bunnyears links seems to be broken.

Sorry, here is a slightly better link. You can get to that quite easily from the mislinked page, though.


Ah. But that would have required my taking an additional step. :) Thanks for the other link. I'll have to check that out.

Edited to fix the typo I saw just as I was clicking "Submit."
Image

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6905
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Wed May 08, 2013 10:29 pm UTC

Latent22 wrote:
Spoiler:
mscha wrote:
Hmm, tricky. This data file is appended to by my frame grabber, which has no idea about frame numbers. The logic to determine the frame number (basically, line number before, and line number minus three after the apocryphal frames) is in the script itself.
mscha: The Frame grabber can calculate the frame number simply by using the below maths. Would use the second one only since its now past frame 241. This will generate a perfect frame number. Note that this will fall down a bit when the server has an issue and no frame is captured in an hour period and then we get more than one frame in an hour to catch up. Their is also the possibility that Randall will change the release frequency again and would have a problem then until we catch it and adjust your script.
Spoiler:
Latent22 wrote:By the way the maths I use to convert a date is as follows:

frame 1-240:

=TRUNC((Date-StartDate)*48,0)+1

frame 241-xxx: (use this if Date >= 30/03/2013 4:00)

=TRUNC((Date-StartDate)*24,0)+1+120

Note Date is a number of days since a set point and has a fractional portion to it for the time. Like xxx.5 = midday etc.
StartDate is whatever 4am on the 25th of may 2013 is in your date format.

Yeah, that'd work, but I don't really want to put similar logic in two places, too big a chance that things get out of sync. And I've already got another solution, see down here ↓ .
But thanks for the tips anyway.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
Febrion
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:27 pm UTC
Location: anchored

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Febrion » Wed May 08, 2013 10:29 pm UTC

higgs-boson wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:Ok folks ... update on the quote tree graph (up to post 22300ish).
[...]

In my imagination, Lord Randall sits before his computer and cannot stop head-shaking, face-palming, and giggling.

(Heh, found me)

In the last 72 newpix some great work was published. Songs, maps - in several variations, .... just wow.

Yeah, it seems like he's managed to hook a good bit of brilliance in this net/OTC, I can't wait to see what y'all come up with next...
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 08, 2013 10:39 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Hrrm :/ you said she is using WMM? What OS? Vista,7,8? I know with Vista it will be a pain, but win7 should be able to do it no issue... well depending on how long it is...

Windows 7 (Sort of, the laptop has what they call a Win 8/Win 7 duel load, which is configured as Win 7.) Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (not Live, at least until she gave up on v 2.6) The Windows Movie Maker file she sent me was 343KB. I get a message that it can't be opened, but then I'm on XP and WMM 2.1. And then there are 3 AVI files and 7 jpg files that go into the movie. The AVI's are ~200 MB each.
Update: She "recreated it, somewhat less awesomely, on WMM Live" so it isn't quite the crises it was, but it would be nice to know why it didn't work.


Strange :/ at least she got it working :D
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
buffygirl
Cardinal
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm UTC
Location: BuffyDashery closed.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby buffygirl » Wed May 08, 2013 10:39 pm UTC

Sciscitor’s Constellations:
Spoiler:
Sciscitor wrote:Ok folks ... update on the quote tree graph (up to post 22300ish).
This time it's the full graph. And with full I mean FULL... all the 835 people who have quoted or have been quoted or both and all the 8757 quotes along with all the names, color coded average posting length, size coded posting count per user, width and color coded quote count and (at least for the main quoters) directional hints (also known as arrows)1.
I can append only a compressed minified thumb here (about 1.3 MB), the links go to the original sized 4096x4096 PNG (15.6 MB) and a SVG (4.1 MB) version. But beware, these images are not for the faint of heart or low on RAM.
I call them "The Constellations of Time". Enjoy.
1 No hamsters where harmed or injured in the creation of this visualization. It consits solely of naturally grown and recycled electrons and photons.

OMR, it's . . . it's beautiful!
can you provide the link to the text list again? I can't find it on the Wikia...

Giggle at Sciscitor:
Spoiler:
Sciscitor wrote:Concerning those who asked for posters: Feel free to use the files for whatever your creativity comes up with. (I don't think they have any other than some technical merit. But maybe it's the same I feel about the creations of others, like BlitzGirls "We love the OTT" or yappobscuits musical rendering of it or Stratplayers songs or buffigirls hats... Those are things I am simply neither creative enough for nor capable of and they do impress my no end.)

tee hee, are you saying you have no butt? Also you spelled my name wrong ... no hat for you!1

For Goggalor:
Spoiler:
Goggalor wrote:<snipped quote re Sciscitor’s fab web>
Hello again everyone!

This is super cool. I found myself surprisingly quickly (thanks to being placed close to Helper (is he still Pope?) and having a larger than expected dot). I could stare at this thing all day. I think I shall.

Welcome Back!!!!

higgs-boson – FTFY:
Spoiler:
higgs-boson wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:Ok folks ... update on the quote tree graph (up to post 22300ish).
[...]

In my imagination, Lord Randall sits before his computer and cannot stop head-shaking, face-palming, and giggling.

(Heh, found me)

In the last 72 newpix NewPages some great work was published. Songs, maps - in several variations, .... just wow.

FTFY … or maybe you did mean newpix… sorry!

Re: azule’s Fake np:
Spoiler:
azule wrote:
Rule110 wrote:Giving it away was deliberate. Actually attempting to fool anyone, however briefly or clumsily, would be crossing a line, IMHO, into being disrespectful to the OTC and the Timewaiters.

That's appreciated, but as you say, only the more logical spoofs could really fool us. For those, I think a very obvious "THIS IS FAKE" is appropriate. But, thank you for the consideration.

I actually WAS fooled just for a moment, cuz of Cueball's general clumsiness and cuz I’m sometimes lazy about reading the ONG’s….. please don’t make fun of me…

Angelastic wrote:A game where you can only see a cross-section at a time would be interesting. You could spend hours in it just working out that you were standing next to an elephant.

OK, when I came back to the thread after staring in awe at Sciscitor’s amazing artwork this is the first thing my eyes saw and I thought it referred to "The Constellations of Time" image, and I almost spit out my drink, cuz I was like, “Yes! Any one of us COULD be right to an elephant!”

mscha wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:Ok folks ... update on the quote tree graph (up to post 22300ish).
This time it's the full graph. And with full I mean FULL...

Oh my Randall, that is a work of art... :o
Only, too bad that it's so full of information that you can't really see the trees for the forest. :?

Maybe he could make it with numbers down the side and letters along the top (or vice-versa), like one of those old-fashioned (tehe) paper maps, and have a list of all the names with the coordinates. It's only 835 of them, right?

1 I see you already have one. I name you Hat Heretic!!
2 Yes, I had read it previously, it’s just the thing that was eye-level

EDIT: to add qualifier to my FTFY for higgs-boson

User avatar
ggh
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:45 am UTC
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ggh » Wed May 08, 2013 10:48 pm UTC

spamjam wrote:DOREMIFASOLATIDONG
Spoiler:
Image

Blindposting from three pages back to say, spamjam, this is my favourite ong ever!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:00 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
lmjb1964
Posts: 2468
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 pm UTC
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:09 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
azule wrote:EDIT: Kieryn, if you would be so kind, spoilerfy or edit that quote-wall, please. We're much more civilized at this Time. We have moved on from such childish things. *shrug*

Done. Yeah, sorry about that. Won't happen again!


Yes. We've evolved from quote-walls to blitz-walls. Please do try to keep up with our maturation process...


Maturation process? We're...maturing? There's a lot of stuff going on this thread, but I never guessed that was one of them.
Image

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 08, 2013 11:11 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
azule wrote:EDIT: Kieryn, if you would be so kind, spoilerfy or edit that quote-wall, please. We're much more civilized at this Time. We have moved on from such childish things. *shrug*

Done. Yeah, sorry about that. Won't happen again!


Yes. We've evolved from quote-walls to blitz-walls. Please do try to keep up with our maturation process...


Maturation process? We're...maturing? There's a lot of stuff going on this thread, but I never guessed that was one of them.


Well we better put a stop to that maturing right now:

8008135. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
Smithers
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Cambridge, England
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Smithers » Wed May 08, 2013 11:14 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
azule wrote:EDIT: Kieryn, if you would be so kind, spoilerfy or edit that quote-wall, please. We're much more civilized at this Time. We have moved on from such childish things. *shrug*

Done. Yeah, sorry about that. Won't happen again!


Yes. We've evolved from quote-walls to blitz-walls. Please do try to keep up with our maturation process...


Maturation process? We're...maturing? There's a lot of stuff going on this thread, but I never guessed that was one of them.


Well we better put a stop to that maturing right now:
Boobies. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But... that wasn't your n-hundredth post.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:17 pm UTC

Smithers wrote:
Spoiler:
Opiboble wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
azule wrote:EDIT: Kieryn, if you would be so kind, spoilerfy or edit that quote-wall, please. We're much more civilized at this Time. We have moved on from such childish things. *shrug*

Done. Yeah, sorry about that. Won't happen again!


Yes. We've evolved from quote-walls to blitz-walls. Please do try to keep up with our maturation process...


Maturation process? We're...maturing? There's a lot of stuff going on this thread, but I never guessed that was one of them.


Well we better put a stop to that maturing right now:
Boobies. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But... that wasn't your n-hundredth post.

Your next post will be one of yours, though. So you'll have a chance soon enough.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
lmjb1964
Posts: 2468
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 pm UTC
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:18 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:Ok folks ... update on the quote tree graph (up to post 22300ish).
This time it's the full graph. And with full I mean FULL... all the 835 people who have quoted or have been quoted or both and all the 8757 quotes along with all the names, color coded average posting length, size coded posting count per user, width and color coded quote count and (at least for the main quoters) directional hints (also known as arrows)1.
I can append only a compressed minified thumb here (about 1.3 MB), the links go to the original sized 4096x4096 PNG (15.6 MB) and a SVG (4.1 MB) version. But beware, these images are not for the faint of heart or low on RAM.
I call them "The Constellations of Time". Enjoy.
1 No hamsters where harmed or injured in the creation of this visualization. It consits solely of naturally grown and recycled electrons and photons.


Geez, you guys just keep coming up with more and more amazing things. That's really quite beautiful. And I found me! I feel so...connected.

azule wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
  1. and cats. definitely cats.


  1. Including exploding, or not?


NO EXPLODING CATS! Where's tman2nd when you need him?
Image

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 08, 2013 11:19 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Smithers wrote:
Spoiler:
Opiboble wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
azule wrote:EDIT: Kieryn, if you would be so kind, spoilerfy or edit that quote-wall, please. We're much more civilized at this Time. We have moved on from such childish things. *shrug*

Done. Yeah, sorry about that. Won't happen again!


Yes. We've evolved from quote-walls to blitz-walls. Please do try to keep up with our maturation process...


Maturation process? We're...maturing? There's a lot of stuff going on this thread, but I never guessed that was one of them.


Well we better put a stop to that maturing right now:
Boobies. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But... that wasn't your n-hundredth post.

Your next post will be one of yours, though. So you'll have a chance soon enough.

Wait, I cant say "Boobies" unless I am on a n-hundredth post??? That is a dumb rule!
( boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies )
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
Smithers
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Cambridge, England
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Smithers » Wed May 08, 2013 11:22 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Smithers wrote:
Spoiler:
Opiboble wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
azule wrote:EDIT: Kieryn, if you would be so kind, spoilerfy or edit that quote-wall, please. We're much more civilized at this Time. We have moved on from such childish things. *shrug*

Done. Yeah, sorry about that. Won't happen again!


Yes. We've evolved from quote-walls to blitz-walls. Please do try to keep up with our maturation process...


Maturation process? We're...maturing? There's a lot of stuff going on this thread, but I never guessed that was one of them.


Well we better put a stop to that maturing right now:
Boobies. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But... that wasn't your n-hundredth post.

Your next post will be one of yours, though. So you'll have a chance soon enough.

Nope, two of my posts were in otherthreadsTM.

Edit: though it may make me ...... drat, I've depleted my dictionary of papal poecilonyms.
Last edited by Smithers on Wed May 08, 2013 11:34 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:23 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Smithers wrote:
Spoiler:
Opiboble wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
azule wrote:EDIT: Kieryn, if you would be so kind, spoilerfy or edit that quote-wall, please. We're much more civilized at this Time. We have moved on from such childish things. *shrug*

Done. Yeah, sorry about that. Won't happen again!


Yes. We've evolved from quote-walls to blitz-walls. Please do try to keep up with our maturation process...


Maturation process? We're...maturing? There's a lot of stuff going on this thread, but I never guessed that was one of them.


Well we better put a stop to that maturing right now:
Boobies. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But... that wasn't your n-hundredth post.

Your next post will be one of yours, though. So you'll have a chance soon enough.

Wait, I cant say "Boobies" unless I am on a n-hundredth post??? That is a dumb rule!
( boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies )

Well, you can say it on other-numbered posts, but it's only justified on an n-hundredth post.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 08, 2013 11:26 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Smithers wrote:
Spoiler:
Opiboble wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
azule wrote:EDIT: Kieryn, if you would be so kind, spoilerfy or edit that quote-wall, please. We're much more civilized at this Time. We have moved on from such childish things. *shrug*

Done. Yeah, sorry about that. Won't happen again!


Yes. We've evolved from quote-walls to blitz-walls. Please do try to keep up with our maturation process...


Maturation process? We're...maturing? There's a lot of stuff going on this thread, but I never guessed that was one of them.


Well we better put a stop to that maturing right now:
Boobies. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But... that wasn't your n-hundredth post.

Your next post will be one of yours, though. So you'll have a chance soon enough.

Wait, I cant say "Boobies" unless I am on a n-hundredth post??? That is a dumb rule!
( boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies )

Well, you can say it on other-numbered posts, but it's only justified on an n-hundredth post.

But how are we going to prevent maturity running rampant?!?! At this rate I am going to get on after coma tomorrow and everyone one is going to be saying "Good day sir, want some tea? How about a crumpet?"
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests