1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Thu May 09, 2013 4:28 pm UTC

Febrion wrote:He's thinking, does that worry anyone else?

He's thinking, "Why do I feel like I'm being watched?"
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu May 09, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Febrion wrote:He's thinking, does that worry anyone else?

He's thinking, "Why do I feel like I'm being watched?"

[jedihandwave]You are not being watched.[/jedihandwave]
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Thu May 09, 2013 4:37 pm UTC

bighaben wrote:I'd like to agree but nothing has been this flat ever in the comic. And flood plains are rarely that flat.

As I see it the problem with it being a flood plain is that it's really high up (unless I've missed something, they've been steadily climbing for many newpix, and we haven't seen them descend).
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

Wildhound

Postby Wildhound » Thu May 09, 2013 4:38 pm UTC

I would wager he is thinking "Why is the ground so flat here?"
Now and forever, a staunch TimeKeeper amongst heretics.

OTC Android Live Wallpaper

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu May 09, 2013 4:39 pm UTC

Eutychus wrote:
bighaben wrote:I'd like to agree but nothing has been this flat ever in the comic. And flood plains are rarely that flat.

As I see it the problem with it being a flood plain is that it's really high up (unless I've missed something, they've been steadily climbing for many newpix, and we haven't seen them descend).

Well it could be a dry lake bed... or if it is cold a frozen lake, but I don't think it is very cold because it has not been shown or talked about that it is cold. So my vote would be dry/old lake bed.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)

Wildhound

Postby Wildhound » Thu May 09, 2013 4:40 pm UTC

Eutychus wrote:

Ah but they have been climbing from sea level. Inland areas can be relatively flat, whilst being considerably higher than sea level.

Still, it does look a bit too flat.

Lyoug

Postby Lyoug » Thu May 09, 2013 4:40 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
foilman wrote:Looks like it, yes.
Wow, no posts between newpix?

This happened twice before on np 63 and np 606.
It would have been awesome if we'd had the foresight not to post during np 404.

Actually the two events you point out (and that - as you said - the Forum Navigator helps find easily) are not only "no posts between newpix", but even more troublesome: these newpix were not posted at all!
My point is that the simple event "no posts between newpix" might have happened more times than that. I at least remember this recent one (no post between newpix 1156 and 1157), but my fallible memory tells me there were some other occurrences. They might be easy to find with one of your great tools :)

About the new sudoku,
Spoiler:
I first spent a few millinewpix thinking it might be a troll since there were only 8 characters. "S, H, A, R, E, W, I, T... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, yup that's only eight. S, H, A... ok brain, I've counted that five times at least already, I think you should move on!". The only thing I did was trying to find some anagrams. Like "what is this I stare at?". So I moved on; then I saw SBN had answered something, then BlitzGirl too. I thought they were joking about the nerd-sniping/trolling, but I couldn't resist casting a glance at their spoilers to confirm that. "What? They gave serious answers?". So I clicked Hide and went and try to start solving, convinced there would come a moment when some impossibility should pop up. Five minutes in, I'm thinking "That's it! I found one, this square should be an R, and this one in the same 3x3 should be an R too! Impossible!". Then: "Well maybe I could put the R here, and leave the other one blank for now..." *brain loading*... And that's when the facepalm happened :roll:
Anyway, it is solved now. But the feeling of accomplishment isn't the predominant one :mrgreen:

And about the wonderful quote graph, it seems Vytron is definitely the darkest blue spot (i.e. has the highest post-length average). Oh, and I found myself after ten minutes of intense scanning! Just left of ChronosDragon.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu May 09, 2013 4:49 pm UTC

Lyoug wrote:
About the new sudoku,

I'm pretty much a sudoku showoff, I routinely do them in pen, and without any secret coding for the possible answers. But somehow using letters instead of numbers makes it much harder, even without the extra trick.
In general, the* secret to sudokus is that you aren't looking for what does go in the square, you are looking for what can't go in the square.

*Ok, my secret anyway. I'm sure there are others.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 09, 2013 4:58 pm UTC

Wildhound wrote:
Eutychus wrote:

Ah but they have been climbing from sea level. Inland areas can be relatively flat, whilst being considerably higher than sea level.

A mesa?

Spoiler:

But even those aren't this skating-rink flat....
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 09, 2013 5:01 pm UTC

SBN wrote:I'm pretty much a sudoku showoff, I routinely do them in pen, and without any secret coding for the possible answers. But somehow using letters instead of numbers makes it much harder, even without the extra trick.
In general, the* secret to sudokus is that you aren't looking for what does go in the square, you are looking for what can't go in the square.

Yeah -- Sudoku fan myself, and you're right: Solving a sudoku is like a bowel movement...

Spoiler:
...they both depend on the process of elimination.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Thu May 09, 2013 5:02 pm UTC

ThinkONG

I guess we'll either never know what he's thinking, or it wasn't much of a thought...
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

Montov

Postby Montov » Thu May 09, 2013 5:05 pm UTC

Eutychus wrote:ThinkONG

I guess we'll either never know what he's thinking, or it wasn't much of a thought...

Megan doesn't ask. Megan doesn't care. With her skinny jeans and powdery face. I'm sick of those women.

Lyoug

Postby Lyoug » Thu May 09, 2013 5:09 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Lyoug wrote:
About the new sudoku,

I'm pretty much a sudoku showoff, I routinely do them in pen, and without any secret coding for the possible answers. But somehow using letters instead of numbers makes it much harder, even without the extra trick.

Sure. My thought was actually more like "the only possibility left here is an R, and the only possibility left here is also an R".

And I agree about the increased difficulty with letters. I find it so much easier to scan numbers – to see which ones are missing, etc. – than letters (to the point that to solve mathrec's first sudoku, I converted the letters to numbers, solved it numerically, and then converted back to letters). This is partly because my numbers are colored (synesthesia anyone?). Well, my vowels are colored too, but consonants are all black to me, so it's still harder.
But I forced myself to solve this one with letters only :)

EDIT:
StratPlayer wrote:A mesa?

Well, if M&C start to dance to some twist music played by amplified devices, I guess you could call that
... puts on sunglasses ...
Spoiler:
A Mesa Boogie.
YEEEAAAAAHHHH!

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu May 09, 2013 5:11 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Lyoug wrote:
About the new sudoku,

The elimination process of what can't go in a square in order to determine what does is definitely the fastest way to solve a Sudoku. But damn, the letters (plus a blank space) are much harder.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Thu May 09, 2013 5:13 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Wildhound wrote:
Eutychus wrote:

A mesa?

Spoiler:

But even those aren't this skating-rink flat....

Aha, they're on a skating-rink, thanks for clearing that up. Now how many ONGs before they break out the skates?
Last edited by Febrion on Thu May 09, 2013 5:15 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu May 09, 2013 5:15 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
bighaben wrote:Does anyone else think that these last two images are artificially flat. Like their walking on a parking lot, a road, or something else.

Flood plain (as others have mentioned) seems more logical, considering the emptiness of their universe.

Flood plains are often squishy, slightly not-flat. Also, did they not ascend, peak, and descend? 'T'would, perhaps, suggest a dry lake/sea bed such as one might find as salt flats?
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu May 09, 2013 5:18 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
mscha wrote:
bighaben wrote:Does anyone else think that these last two images are artificially flat. Like their walking on a parking lot, a road, or something else.

Flood plain (as others have mentioned) seems more logical, considering the emptiness of their universe.

Flood plains are often squishy, slightly not-flat. Also, did they not ascend, peak, and descend? 'T'would, perhaps, suggest a dry lake/sea bed such as one might find as salt flats?

I would have to agree, np1198 seems to be the peek of the hill they climbed, then there was a slight drop to the flat lands, which I have to agree it would most likely be salt flats of some sort.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu May 09, 2013 5:25 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
mscha wrote:

I'd like to join in with the salt flat concept. Since no-one has mentioned the Bonneville Salt Flats west Of Salt Lake City, (Let's see if I can get a wiki pic posted):

Spoiler:
800px-Bonneville_Salt_Flats.jpg

Wiki pic was really big; did the attach file thingie

Edit
when driving from SLC to Nev., you go over various hills and valleys, then then up and down a small rise; suddenly 15 (or so) miles of dead straight, dead flat highway.
Last edited by pelrigg on Thu May 09, 2013 5:28 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu May 09, 2013 5:27 pm UTC

NP 559:

NP 567:
Kieryn wrote:Ok my last prediction was an epic fail. However I am relentless. Cliff climbing within 24 newpix.

Not only are they not climbing cliffs, but the ground is now totally flat. If He is reading this thread, either he pays no attention to me, or he does and has decided I am to be wrong.

Anyway, here I go again: Sinking into mud, within next 12 np.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Thu May 09, 2013 5:31 pm UTC

Rule110 wrote:
mikrit wrote:
Rule110 wrote:FAKEONG...
Spoiler:

I have travelled from page 568 to say this: absolutely wonderful! (I wonder if Lord Randall can make a better ending.)

Here's a more revealing zoom-out from that picture:

I literally LOLed at this. Thanks. . .this made my afternoon! :D
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 09, 2013 5:36 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:NP 559:

NP 567:
Kieryn wrote:Ok my last prediction was an epic fail. However I am relentless. Cliff climbing within 24 newpix.

Not only are they not climbing cliffs, but the ground is now totally flat. If He is reading this thread, either he pays no attention to me, or he does and has decided I am to be wrong.

Anyway, here I go again: Sinking into mud, within next 12 np.

*calls bookie*

"Yeah, Charlie? Put me down for 50 G's on 'Not Mud' in the OTC Derby, would ya? Yeah, I know -- that's a LOT of cash, but I got a guaranteed winner, I tell ya!"

EDITED to add:

Lyoug wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:A mesa?

Well, if M&C start to dance to some twist music played by amplified devices, I guess you could call that
... puts on sunglasses ...
Spoiler:
A Mesa Boogie.
YEEEAAAAAHHHH!

:D Nice!!!
Last edited by StratPlayer on Thu May 09, 2013 5:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

peewee_RotA

Postby peewee_RotA » Thu May 09, 2013 5:36 pm UTC

Ebonite wrote:
Rule110 wrote:
mikrit wrote:
Spoiler:

I have travelled from page 568 to say this: absolutely wonderful! (I wonder if Lord Randall can make a better ending.)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu May 09, 2013 5:39 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:I'd like to join in with the salt flat concept. Since no-one has mentioned the Bonneville Salt Flats west Of Salt Lake City, (Let's see if I can get a wiki pic posted):

Spoiler:

Edit
when driving from SLC to Nev., you go over various hills and valleys, then then up and down a small rise; suddenly 15 (or so) miles of dead straight, dead flat highway.

Could be a long walk across very dry land. I pray to the Creator of Time that they had the presence of mind to fill their PET skins with clean drinking cancerbabiescoffeesemen....er :? ...I've forgotten that whole sequence there. We'll just call it "water".

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 09, 2013 5:40 pm UTC

peewee_RotA wrote:
Ebonite wrote:
Rule110 wrote:
mikrit wrote:
Spoiler:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Damn -- work's filtering this one out. All I see is the word "image". Until I get home, I'll just have to Wait for It...

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:42 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:<snip> Anyway, here I go again: Sinking into mud, within next 12 np.

No! Fight against the sadness, Cueball!
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

Wildhound

Postby Wildhound » Thu May 09, 2013 5:48 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
mscha wrote:

I'd like to join in with the salt flat concept. Since no-one has mentioned the Bonneville Salt Flats west Of Salt Lake City, (Let's see if I can get a wiki pic posted):

Spoiler:

Edit

Salt flats next to a river? Don't they require a desert?

bighaben

Postby bighaben » Thu May 09, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:I'd like to join in with the salt flat concept. Since no-one has mentioned the Bonneville Salt Flats west Of Salt Lake City, (Let's see if I can get a wiki pic posted):

Spoiler:

Edit

Salt flats makes no geological sense here. You need a very dry climate with no drainage outlet nearby as salt flats are formed when water cannot escape and thus just evaporates leaving evaporates behind, most notably, salt. Why this would happen close to the sea while following a major river makes no sense. Also, Basin and Range topography makes little sense, which is what you're describing in Nevada.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Thu May 09, 2013 6:06 pm UTC

STILLWALKONG

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Thu May 09, 2013 6:08 pm UTC

bighaben wrote:

Spoiler:

Edit

Salt flats makes no geological sense here. You need a very dry climate with no drainage outlet nearby as salt flats are formed when water cannot escape and thus just evaporates leaving evaporates behind, most notably, salt. Why this would happen close to the sea while following a major river makes no sense. Also, Basin and Range topography makes little sense, which is what you're describing in Nevada.

I agree that salt flat is unlikely. My assumption is a rather flood plain/dry lake bed (they did go down a decline) that will only be level for a bit. Additionally, it is not "perfectly" level, there are small variations.

Although, I do like the post apocalyptic scenarios of parking lots, roads, and other previously man-made constructs. There have been a few other strange "bumps" and somewhat level areas in the past as well.

Edit: Also, back from long sojourn in the outside, no blitzpost :wink:
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu May 09, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

bighaben wrote:
pelrigg wrote:I'd like to join in with the salt flat concept. Since no-one has mentioned the Bonneville Salt Flats west Of Salt Lake City,

Wildhound wrote:Salt flats next to a river? Don't they require a desert?

one) If this is a make-believe land created by Randall (as others have said), then anything can happen (From Click & Drag: the mine shaft that starts on an island, which doesn't get flooded, for example)
two) I did a quick satellite view check, and (If my interpretation is correct {never been there; willing to say it's not}) at the northern end of the Gulf Of California there's a river flowing through an arid region, with possible salt flats nearby.
three) other people were talking salt flats, and that was my two cents. (Also the first time I've posted a picture, so I wanted to try)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu May 09, 2013 6:18 pm UTC

bighaben wrote: Salt flats makes no geological sense here. You need a very dry climate with no drainage outlet nearby as salt flats are formed when water cannot escape and thus just evaporates leaving evaporates behind, most notably, salt. Why this would happen close to the sea while following a major river makes no sense. Also, Basin and Range topography makes little sense, which is what you're describing in Nevada.

Perhaps this may apply outside of the OTC, but as the Creator of Time is the Creator of Time, Time follows only those rules as the Creator deems fit to apply. Therefore, reasoning about Time based on those things which we find evident on the outside is of no use, in Time. Therefore, I say, heathen, question not the will of the Creator of Time, for it they be walking on a salt flat then that be his will that they should walk on a salt flat. If they are not then we shall remain humble in our humility and continue to Wait for it.

Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...

htom

Postby htom » Thu May 09, 2013 6:24 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Febrion wrote:
slinches wrote:Edit: It appears I have Holy Seen myself.

As long as you don't Biblically Know yourself at the same time, there are other people here after all...

Well, if we consider the OTT to be a bible, don't we all know ourselves biblically? If we are talking about outsider bibles, I'm not in them, so I think it's impossible for me to know myself biblicalllyoutsider but impossible for me not to know myself biblicallyOTT.
htom wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
So you think all we see are CUeball and Megan's shadows? but we've changed view, and seen them from different angles. I think the light of reason must be moving.

It could be argued that all we perceive is the shadows of our souls, the world being the screen for their projection.

I thought projections were reflections of light off of a flat plane--thus not shadow.

Some are, the most frequent being 2d to 2d through a three-space. There can be projections into three-space from four-space, however, appearing in three-space to be three-space objects. By extension, from five-space into four-space (three-space+time being the four-space) so that a five-space being could appear to us as a three-space being progressing through time. It is, to coin a phrase, projections all the way up.

= = =

Salt flat seems improbable. They're hiking upstream, the land is rising faster than the river. They've come to a place where the river used to flood, perhaps many times, perhaps violently, and it's scoured the land flat, and has now cut itself a channel to flow through. When a massive flood comes, it may climb out of its channel and flood again.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu May 09, 2013 6:29 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
peewee_RotA wrote:
Ebonite wrote:
Rule110 wrote:
mikrit wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Damn -- work's filtering this one out. All I see is the word "image". Until I get home, I'll just have to Wait for It...

Maybe if it's hosted by something other than photobukkit? Try this:

LOL brilliant.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu May 09, 2013 6:33 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:<snip> The elimination process of what can't go in a square in order to determine what does is definitely the fastest way to solve a Sudoku. But damn, the letters (plus a blank space) are much harder.

The letters are tricky for me because it's difficult to remember exactly which letters constitute the pool left to choose from, whereas it's quite simple to remember a pool consisting of the digits 1-9 (hopefully).

Perhaps we've got the scale all wrong and an ant-sized Cuegan have started to cross a road?

Q: Why did the Cuegan cross the road?
Spoiler:
A: Wait for it.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Davidy

Postby Davidy » Thu May 09, 2013 6:37 pm UTC

Lyoug wrote:This is partly because my numbers are colored (synesthesia anyone?). Well, my vowels are colored too, but consonants are all black to me, so it's still harder.

I'd give anything to have synesthia. It must provide a whole new way of looking at the world that the majority of us don't experience.1

1Reminds me of "The Man With English"2,4,5
2by H L Gold3
3Sci Fi writer
4look it up5
5nearly impossible to find today
Last edited by Davidy on Thu May 09, 2013 7:09 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Thu May 09, 2013 6:46 pm UTC

Yo dawg, I heard you like ketchup, so we put ketchup on your ketchup so you can catch up while you catch up.
iisjreg wrote:I feel that I've been lost in the abyss of the "Outside" too long and I don't deserve a hat, so I've just given myself the idea of a hat.
Spoiler:

Ceci n'est pas un chapeau.

bighaben wrote:Does anyone else think that these last two newpix are artificially flat. Like their walking on a parking lot, a road, or something else at least comparative to last few hundred newpix.

Ever seen the salt flats, at least in OutsidePix?
Damn, ninjaed by Eutychus, and several agreers. That's what I get for comaing.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu May 09, 2013 6:47 pm UTC

So hum, seeing as it looks like we'll be here a while, anyone got any plans for these yet? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_solar_eclipses_in_the_30th_century
Image- Kieryn

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu May 09, 2013 6:48 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:So hum, seeing as it looks like we'll be here a while, anyone got any plans for these yet? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_solar_eclipses_in_the_30th_century

Still have to finish up my 2 stasis pods first :/

edit: although I did hear an interesting report (on NPR today) on a protein found (forgot the designation for it) that reverses the effects of age on mouse hearts... so who know, might not need those stasis pods.

edit2: linkage http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/05/09/reverse-aging-scientists-discover-protein-that-could-turn-hearts-younger/
Last edited by Opiboble on Thu May 09, 2013 6:53 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

descor

Postby descor » Thu May 09, 2013 6:51 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:... OutsidePix ...

I really enjoyed that word. I don't know why, I just really like it.
Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu May 09, 2013 6:58 pm UTC

Dialog at the DONG. And it's about some aspect of the flatness or how they can't swim in it. That is my prediction. Let it be so...
Spoiler:
...wrong.
Image- Kieryn

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”